Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style with.
Speaker 1: The boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable catching them mu.
Speaker 2: I love being love. I love love.
Speaker 3: On today's episode of Where's Your Head At, we are sitting down with Marette and Tanya, the mother and daughter duo from Australia's newest reality TV show, My Mum Your Dad.
Speaker 2: We'll be asking them some questions about their time on the show and who they think will end up together.
Speaker 3: We also want to uncover how Tanya really feels about watching her mum date again. Stick around to hear all the goths. Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice and much more.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies, how are you hi?
Speaker 2: Good? Welcome to Where's Your head app? Podcast? So good to have you here.
Speaker 1: You both look lovely?
Speaker 4: Thank you so do you too, especially Matt.
Speaker 2: Sorry yeah I'm saying before how good I look? You guys are great as well. So you guys have obviously been on the show, My Mum, your dad, I'd just like to say sorry in advance. I've been in the UK for the last four weeks, so i haven't had a chance to watch any of it, so I've seen bits on Instagram and all that. So for the listeners as well that haven't caught the show, do you want to tell us a little bit about it?
Speaker 4: So the show is essentially so the kids, So like me, I'll nominate my mom in a chance of her hopefully finding love.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we get sent off.
Speaker 4: To like separate kind of like retreats which are like big houses, and Mum is there obviously to date and see if you can find a connection. I'm in the other house with kind of like their kids, and we're actually all watching our parents on like millions of TVs, so like surveillance. It's it's quite funny, it's a bit daunting. And yeah, so we're just like little spies basically just watching every move, which I love because I love telling her.
Speaker 5: What to do.
Speaker 2: So do you tell her, do you tell her who to go for in that or do you just let her?
Speaker 5: So we don't have any contact with them. We don't know that they're watching.
Speaker 6: So the kids like have to win challenges to send the parents on dates, so I didn't get to go on any day.
Speaker 3: I didn't win any challenges, so that hasn't seen it. But me, on the other hand, I am a huge fan of this show. I mean even from the ads, I was like, this is a great concept, Like, think about all of the parents out there who we could match up, and like, I want to see it all unfold. And then when I watched the first episode and I realized that the kids that were actually like watching, I was like, oh my god, imagine watching your parents and getting to see that whole different side of them.
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 4: I feel like I've seen not like everything, but I am really close with mum, so it wasn't very confronting for me. But some of the other kids that I was with, they like literally like had no idea what their parents was like, maybe in the dating scene or how they even spoke about like a man or a lady or whatever. So for them it was like a very confronting.
Speaker 5: But one guy found out his dad was married and he.
Speaker 2: Didn't know and he was on the show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, also he was married before he had him. He didn't know that he married.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought he was married while he was on the show.
Speaker 6: Probably should know that.
Speaker 2: How did you find out about the casting for the show?
Speaker 4: Then? So last year I was supposed to be the love I'm a bombshell. W Yeah, pretty pretty weird. That would yeah, it would have been season three. And then I went out, you know, spent like a thousand dollars on bikinis. I was super excited, like, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we just go and they kept saying, tweet, the contracts coming, the contracts coming.
Speaker 4: And then I was just thinking, you know, it's very odd, like I run like three businesses, so I need to know kind of in advance, like what's happening kind of dates and things like that. And then they just wouldn't send the contract throat and then it was kind of old just because I didn't feel comfortable to get the COVID vats. And at the time it was a little bit like here and miss, can you put it in a contract get A lot of businesses were saying like, yeah, it was early days. It was kind of early days. So anyway that didn't happen. I was obviously devastated and anyway, and then this year I wanted the producers emailed me and said, we've got this new show blah blah blah. She knew Mum and I were really close, and then she goes, are you interested? And then I just said yeah. And then next thing you know, we're on a zoom call and then we're filming. So it was just crazy it happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, you know what, I wouldn't be surprised if we see your face on Love Island next year. You know, Al from Maths is on it this year. I feel like you're going to be the next reality TV person to hit Love Island.
Speaker 1: And then you can use all your bikinis up.
Speaker 3: Thank god.
Speaker 2: So you didn't get to use them at all on my Mum, your dad. You didn't. You didn't just whip it out and walk into the bunker with it on.
Speaker 4: I was just wearing them all the time. You're taking bikinis.
Speaker 2: This isn't.
Speaker 4: I got to wear them once in the hot tub. I didn't want to go in the hot tub. It was kind of cold when we were filming, and the hot tub it wasn't really that hot. But I just said, give me a bottle of prosecco and I'll go in there and then and we were in there, but they didn't they didn't error. So everyone, all of my friends were like, did you get to use you bikinis? Yes, stay tuned, stay tuned, And then it never came on.
Speaker 2: And I've done a lot worse for a bottle of prosecco, icon a lot less.
Speaker 1: So, Tanya, why did you want to nominate your mom? What made you like?
Speaker 3: You know, obviously the producers have reached out to you, But tell me what the thought process behind that was.
Speaker 4: So with mum, so like we literally obviously you would have sayen like I intro how she says on Friday nights, we literally go through dating apps whatever.
Speaker 5: We're not on the same I'm online and she's on her.
Speaker 4: Honestly, we laugh a lot and just like what Usually she will find a guy in there she likes, and I can literally just glad for him and I'm like to him, and then she would choose the guy and she'll talk to him and I just would be like, no, it's not in a way something about him would just throw me off. And then I'm always right in the way, it's always right. So then I was kind of like, this is perfect because if she goes on this show, I can't literally see the man. They don't know I'm watching, so it's just unfiltered and I can basically just choose one out for my mom, and I think it's going to be great. But sadly they didn't really put anyone in for Mom, so it was a bit hard. And then Anna, you would have seen the scene with the man spoke quite badly about Mom. And then there was another lady on there who was actually going around really bad mouthing my mom, and I saw.
Speaker 5: All of it.
Speaker 1: Who was it?
Speaker 5: I was crying so much on day one.
Speaker 6: I was bawling my eyes that she was so mean to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was really tough.
Speaker 6: And I said in my interview room and I said, you know what, she's judging me on my appearance, and by the end of it she'll love me. And by the end of it she does love me. But now that I know that, all awful things she said be hummaback.
Speaker 5: I just can't be bothered.
Speaker 7: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I just I just can't be bothered.
Speaker 6: I'm lost too sure, like you either are who you are to me and love me or just I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just she was just meaning to me, but to go around, and Tony got to see her actually go to each parent and pick on me.
Speaker 4: Probably one of the first like kind of scenes we saw of all the parents. It was actually this lady going around bad mouth and Mum, and they kept showing my mom kind of she could see her crying and she was kind of a bit reserved, and I could see her crying, and I saw her bread and I was like the first thing that I've seen of her is her crying, and I just I just wanted to like escape and go and find her. I felt so bad.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I ended up having a really good time and got on with everyone really great and love mail. We're really close. But it was just a little bit.
Speaker 6: I didn't realize the men were saying such awful things hummabat and then none of them have said sorry, which I've find it, you know, Like Darren was crying when I left, and then he's he's actually going on and jumping on the hate and stuff.
Speaker 4: It's like, now, yeah, it's finding hate, so like people like comment on Mum's videos and like leave hate comments, and he's actually going on those hate comments and replying to them and it's just of her videos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know what the amazing thing is, right, Yeah, a big deal. I have my lips down and I have both.
Speaker 6: I have been honestly bullied my whole life for my face shaped, my chin.
Speaker 5: I don't want to.
Speaker 6: Like my Yeah, it's just been a really hard thing. So it's like, these are my cheekbones, and this is my chin, and this is my nose, these are my boots. My biology of had is Swedish.
Speaker 5: That's just been a thing that I've been picked up my whole life.
Speaker 1: I'm so.
Speaker 5: And everyone says it's plastic. No one says I've had all this plastics.
Speaker 4: Like just a lot of it was very like manipulated. Like in one of the challenges, one of the like cards that the host bred out was to do like someone's parents has had botox or plastic surgery and just whatever the question was, And I had to drop the word plastic surgery in there, and I just knew it was a dig at my mum. But I think it's funny because when you actually go on the show, you have to fill out a form saying you know you would know you've got to fill out so many contracts saying if you've had work done, have you heard surgery, had you had this? No, they should like she has had no work done and she's born like this and people literally pay to get her look, her draw and her cheek.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, you are stunning and like you should not be judged for your appearance. I mean, you are absolutely gorgeous. And the fact that you've received so much hate and bullying it's just bizarre.
Speaker 6: And aren't we in this time it's all about empowering women? And oh my god, I'm already on a show where I'm being vulnerable and it's just been weird. It's just been And I did really expect the men heat reached out and was just more.
Speaker 5: Like, how you going and how would you not?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we.
Speaker 6: Said these things about you. I'm really sorry. You got to see that none of them have.
Speaker 5: And yeah, Heith was literally chasing me the whole show. There was so much that wasn't shown. Yeah, I didn't even even know the guy was into me because I just was friend zoned him. They wen't.
Speaker 3: So do you think anyway it made you kind of close off because you received kind of like so much bullying from Was it mel who was talking badly?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, God, no, she was Darling who.
Speaker 1: Was the one who was talking badly.
Speaker 6: I feel bad saying it, but I mean anyway, she knows she did it. So was Christie Christy.
Speaker 1: That's so sad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was really tough.
Speaker 2: Was that one of your reservations for going on the show that you thought you were going to cop that sort of like bullying?
Speaker 6: Well, no, because I don't feelter what I say and I'm just very open and honest with everything. So I was concerned about the edit, Like I was thinking I was going to say something and they were going to show that in a you know how they edit it and chop it up the change, and they did.
Speaker 5: They made me.
Speaker 6: They would say things, put my words together, but not show my face, just show me.
Speaker 4: Put the audio over.
Speaker 6: And I've been sitting there and so they were saying things like Roe is totally my type.
Speaker 5: I never said that. There's just lots of things, but that was all right. I don't care. That's all part of it. I'm happy with that that they didn't. They didn't show my real personality. The only time they really showed me being fun retty and having a good time. Was when I was running so and.
Speaker 8: Getting everyone involved, like yeah, yeah, that was the only time really otherwise they just because they didn't look up with anyone.
Speaker 5: They weren't really that you know.
Speaker 6: They wanted me. They just pressured me all the time. Put yourself about that, put yourself out there. And how funny on day one when Kate goes, you know, choose a date. Right before she'd said that, Tanya had said to me, this is day one. She said, mom, don't get bullied and you stand your ground and like really stand up with something. And I was like, yep, yep, okay. So then Kate there's this big speech about right, we're all here, but you don't have to feel pressure to choose the date Day one. Ladies, if you haven't felt a connection, you say you haven't felt connections for them.
Speaker 4: I've watched it as of all the kids, because it's all live, so we're watching Kate say this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then it comes to me to choose the day, and I said, oh, sorry, okay, And I'm that proud of myself going good on you for standing up because normally I just go yeah, And I was like, no, I haven't really found a connection yet. Wow, did she rip my head off. She was like, we're not here for She goes in her here you know, to production. She's like, we're not here for because at the time when we were filming, it was called grown up love, so they changed it animals. We're not here for growing up friends. We're here for growing up love. You need to put yourself out there, and they.
Speaker 5: Go on.
Speaker 4: And then and then I go back into my diary, range get into the interview room and I'm saying like, I'm so proud of her.
Speaker 5: And I was saying.
Speaker 4: I'm so proud, and then they then what actually airs to TV is me saying how I'm disappointed in her.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, No, I did not say that.
Speaker 4: I probably said it at one one point in time, obviously because they put it in, but it wasn't for that moment, and it just upset me because it almost made it look.
Speaker 5: Like you were supporting me.
Speaker 4: He wasn't supporting her. I literally gave her that advice and like beating it into her, saying, stand up for yourself.
Speaker 9: Yeah right, Okay, As Captain Jason, have you watched the show below Deck down Under? Not yet, but it is this Captain Jason is like my absolute I just adore him.
Speaker 5: He's kind of, he's caring, he's kind I mean, oh, PV. You know, I didn't know the guy.
Speaker 6: But anyway, anyway, so I kept when I was running one morning and like, Dan, you want to produce three? And she's like, oh, you know you're on leaving. This is what's happening. And I was like, did you get Captain Jason? Because I literally have talked about him in every zoom we had, in every phone calls.
Speaker 5: He's just so nice. And then anyway, so she goes, oh, you have to wait.
Speaker 6: See, So I honestly thought because that airs on nine, I just.
Speaker 5: Thought it was I don't know, I just thought the way they kind of twisted it. So I kept waiting. I was really excited thinking he was coming.
Speaker 6: No, he didn't come in, but anyway, one of my friends tagged him in a photo and now he.
Speaker 5: Follows me on Instagram. So that's like the most It was like I won the lotto. I was like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, that's amazing. So have you guys been talking on the d MS?
Speaker 5: No? No, I would never do that. Is it a bit of a stand up?
Speaker 2: Are you liking each other's photos, flirting.
Speaker 4: Has he liked I think he's liked some of your photos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then he just views my stories and I'm like, why isn't he coming story?
Speaker 2: You're going to have to make a move.
Speaker 5: I reckon and I love one of the producers. It's on your seat. I told you the show would get your mom together, kept him together. So now I need to go on Below Deck.
Speaker 1: I need to put it on my list.
Speaker 3: One of my very good friends, she is obsessed with Below Deck and she's like, you will love it, but I just haven't had a chance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was real as my friend Joe made me watch it and I'm obsessed.
Speaker 4: And then mom kept telling me watch it and whatever. It's just like people and like yach so I don't care.
Speaker 6: And then she's like texting me from my bedroom, Oh my god, mom, Captain Jason's dreaming.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Mom, he's perfect. I'm like, yes, I know.
Speaker 3: You both have a crush on Captain Jason. Does this mean you have a similar type.
Speaker 5: No, it's dead. She's crushing on him for me.
Speaker 4: We actually don't have We actually don't have the same time. I don't That's why she chooses a guy and then when I say him, I saying no because she just chooses just dickheads.
Speaker 2: What's your type then, what's your type?
Speaker 4: Well, mine's just like I don't know, like toll dark, handsome.
Speaker 5: Like she goes for giants and she's like five foot yeah, like the toll of the bed.
Speaker 4: I just want to like crawl up you climb up.
Speaker 2: Like a koala and just like love me.
Speaker 3: So you're both still single. Any situationships happening at the moment, not me.
Speaker 4: Kind of me, But I don't know. It's kind of always just.
Speaker 1: Like this, Okay.
Speaker 3: Any interesting people that slid into your DM since the show? No, okay, I reckon. It's always harder for girls. I reckon, like guys get all the DM slides and with girls.
Speaker 4: Like girls are very I feel like nowadays girls are very out there, like they're just they're ruthless. I feel like they're they're like worse than guys. Really, like guys maybe are a bit more scared from.
Speaker 2: My mate drop like reactions and like.
Speaker 1: Flame emojis are the one.
Speaker 4: I've been getting all of that, but not like I've been in some messages, but like, no one that's like famous yeah, okay, Like obviously, like my phone is like going crazy, but I'm like, no.
Speaker 2: No, you're waiting to go in the villa next year.
Speaker 1: She's waiting for a while. It seems to remain single. I see what you're doing.
Speaker 3: What was I going to say, so, Maury, you've spoken a little bit about how you've been receiving a little bit of bullying post show.
Speaker 1: Can you take us through that a little bit more?
Speaker 6: Well, it was just more things like so on the show's TikTok, wasn't it? They did a TikTok and it was just one of the videos of us Too is all love. So if someone starts with love comments, it seems to just flow with oh my god, I love you too, you two a great together, blah. But if someone comes in with a mean comment, it's just there's just that's it.
Speaker 5: They just go nuts. But I mean it boosts my algram.
Speaker 6: I've got one of the highest TikTok views on all of their things. If I'm on them, I'm getting the most view. So I'm like, well, hey, then's.
Speaker 5: You're doing it for me?
Speaker 2: So that's it.
Speaker 5: But it was I think I was okay with it.
Speaker 6: But Tonya was getting really upset, and it would upset me that she's.
Speaker 5: So defensive, so.
Speaker 1: I'm the same.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so then.
Speaker 6: I just reached out to the show and I was like, you know, you guys said that you're going to monitor this, and you haven't monitored at all.
Speaker 5: Oh we've got algorithm set up and all bots or whatever.
Speaker 6: And I was like, Okay, well you need to like sort it out because it's just not right. And it was all just comments like plastic fantastic, she's had so many fellers, her face looks distorted.
Speaker 5: Because she's had so much work. I just crap like that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, awful.
Speaker 4: Apparently apparently on Twitter, you got really out of hand, but I don't have.
Speaker 5: Twitter, and I didn't want to say.
Speaker 4: And someone was sending me screen like one of my friends was sending me screenshots, and I was like, honestly, it's already out there, but I haven't seen it for myself and I'm not going out of my way to search for hate. Please just don't send it to me because I really just don't want to see it. And I mean some of the stuff was disgusting, but I honestly was like, my mum, your dad, she just closed that Twitter like it was so bad.
Speaker 1: Can you share with us some of the stuff.
Speaker 5: It was really bad.
Speaker 4: It was really bad. I don't have it on my phone anymore, but I'm sure I would still be on there, just like calling you awful names, not like on TikTok oh. Really it was just so horrible. They sent me like five screen shops.
Speaker 3: I honestly, Mara, I don't know why you're getting all this hate. You are absolutely gorgeous. I feel like people are jealous of you. It's so sad to see.
Speaker 7: Like insecurity, I had one of the because we've got on so great with all that crew and like all the makeup and hair people and everything, and I had one of the one of the crew ring me and just so I've never done this and the law to do this, but you are just amazing.
Speaker 5: I love you so much. And don't listen to them.
Speaker 6: She goes, there's actually people that just see in their rooms and they go from show to show and really just cut people. And she goes, and mad people that are one hundred and fifteen killers of the thousand cats and nothing else better to do than be mean to strangers. And I think that was a little bit I knew there was going to be hate. I did know that, so I'm not stupid. People do love to hate.
Speaker 5: But I just thought we were in a little bit more. I just thought our society was a.
Speaker 6: Little bit more forward thinking, you know, like and especially now, every single young girl boobs, lips, nose, teeth, everything's done face. Yeah, and I'm kind of I am actually proud of the way I looked at from.
Speaker 1: My age well.
Speaker 5: Way Chyna, mikecre needles, a ship out of my skins.
Speaker 6: That keeps my college in nice, like, you know, I think it's just yeah, I was.
Speaker 5: I was. It was a little bit bad. So I said to chair.
Speaker 6: I just reached out to channel and I just said, can you take like the hate down? They ended up taking all the comments.
Speaker 5: Off two with the tiktoks. Yeah, I have.
Speaker 4: The only thing that I found funny about it was like she was really only ever getting hate on how she looked. No one could pick on anything else. Like, I know that they didn't air a lot of her because she wasn't getting with anyone, and it's not really good TV. And that's the point of the show. Now we understand that. But she is smart, she's great, like she's she's really funny, she's witty, and it's like they couldn't pick on anything. They could only pick on her appearance. And I mean, like she didn't go on there and like trash talk, didn't she didn't like yeah, dress horribly like she was just she kept it classy. There was some other parents on there that they said some awful things and like maybe things that like when I was even watching myself, I was like, I would honestly die. I would just want to like slap my mom if she said that. Like I was just like and.
Speaker 5: Not one comment.
Speaker 4: Facts also being aired on TV, so you know at the end of the day that your whole family's going to see that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they didn't get in comments.
Speaker 4: There and they got and they received no hate.
Speaker 3: What were some of the worst comments, in your opinion that some of the other parents said.
Speaker 4: Just like for instance, Roe was saying how he can't touch like a female without wanting to have steck to them and like he will expect sex.
Speaker 5: Was great, that's how did you watch me?
Speaker 6: But I asked him about the bath when I said to him, so you run a bath expecting sex because he had just said that.
Speaker 5: So he said he literally can't walk through.
Speaker 6: And I said, wait, wait, were wit so in the morning, you're walking through You're going to say goodbye to your partner in the kitchen, not to our sex. And I was like, what, Yeah, he has driving the car. You can't touch his knee sex. He was telling me saying, yeah, yeah, he's telling the kids, and were telling the kids saying on TV and the kids watched that he paid it.
Speaker 4: Yes, so he paid. He went out. He was like in like la or something. He told his son, I'm going on a work trip, but he wasn't. He was over there partying, picked up a young girl at the club, brought her back to the apartment, pay the door guy one hundred dollars, and let the door man let them have sex in their elevator. We watched all of that and I was just not one hate comment, No one hate comment. I don't know if they aired that. I was so sick to my stomach. His son was so embarrassed, and I was thinking, Okay, so his dad knows this is going to be aired on TV, does not care? And is he really there to find a connection if he's talking like that, No, he's not. When my mom really really wants and deserves a partner, and so it was upsetting me too because I was like, they're putting these parents in that really just haven't They don't care, and they're there to just kind of written book kind of thing.
Speaker 5: I know it sounds that, but it's true.
Speaker 4: And I'm watching it. Who was my mom in there with?
Speaker 5: Because she does not like that?
Speaker 6: And when I left, they didn't show really much of us leaving because it was actually we would do it.
Speaker 5: It was so traumatic. We were crying a lot.
Speaker 6: And then Chloe got in the car one of the produced and she was like, I think you think end anyone in for me?
Speaker 5: And because we did, and I said home, she goes Darren and Rowe.
Speaker 4: And I was like, well, Darren used to go to swinger's parties.
Speaker 6: And he just was telling me Dad's twenty three year olds in Mexicola in Bali and I was like, so you sent me in a player and a sex addict.
Speaker 5: No, that's not at all what I wanted. And then they were kind of getting mad at me for not putting myself out there, and I was like, oh my god, where's Captain Jason dating?
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty two? Is so hard, right, And.
Speaker 5: We both go through the same sort of experiences.
Speaker 6: Really, because my generation are they've been married, they're now single, and they go back to playing. They just they don't they've had all the commitment and they want to just party and play.
Speaker 5: And then her generation are the same.
Speaker 4: They kind of don't want to grow up. They just want to party and just that's it.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, come on, where's the reading.
Speaker 2: How are you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm twenty five in January.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay yourself.
Speaker 3: Look, it's it's really tricky, and I mean that's the reason why we started this podcast, because we were both having a really tough time dating and we were like, we need to talk about.
Speaker 1: This because we have some wild stories.
Speaker 3: And I mean, like we even just started like a hotline episode where people have been voice noting us in and telling us their stories, and we can't believe it.
Speaker 1: We can't believe some of the stuff we're hearing. We're like, what.
Speaker 6: I'd stay in all the time. I can't even be bothered going out. I just can't honestly be bothered.
Speaker 5: So what's the point.
Speaker 6: My best friend's gay, so when I hang out with him and his husband, it's like, well, I'm not going to get any action there.
Speaker 2: Well, you said you go on and if you said you go on dating apps, do you like go on dates with anyone from the dating apps? So are you're just on there swiping?
Speaker 6: I went on one date last year and I went I've been on two dates this year so far. But they're just never so what I find they do and show you might have seen it actually happened.
Speaker 5: People change themselves.
Speaker 6: So I'll say I don't like this or I love that or whatever, and they say that that's what they want to do, so then I'll go and meet them.
Speaker 5: And then I go and meet them. I'm like, you're nothing like.
Speaker 6: You said you were that even on the show. Christy Heath actually is really, really really into NRL. And on the first day we have this iPad in the room and it tells us how messages and stuff. He was trying to break into the iPad and I thought, oh, how cute. He's trying to get us some music, you know, ALLOWD music. No, he was trying to break introe iPad to get the NRL scorce. So that would do day one right, which is fine and I'm not bagging it. But Day one in a new place with all new people. Just I just thought, what a weird thing for your brain, Like you're really into NRL. So then in one say, which is fine, and I'm not. I'm not picking on him like I just I'm not at all picking on him.
Speaker 5: It's just not for me.
Speaker 6: He talks NROL, he lives en er or he breathes, and which is fine, but not for me. That's I don't want to be with someone that's going, oh, we're going to the footage that oh, where he's on a holiday as he would be trying to find the NRL scortes.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's just cool, but not for me. The show, and in the show, Christy actually says, if you want to go with ready, don't just don't talk about n L. She hates it. I don't hate it. I don't know anything about it. Yeah, and I don't hate it. And she didn't tell me she did that, And that's exactly. So. Then one day over the big brother of man said.
Speaker 6: By the way, hates your team lost or something, and I said, oh, we're just sitting on the couch and I said, oh, you're really into NRL, aren't you, And he goes, no, and I went, I know, you just break into the ipay.
Speaker 5: I know it's what we're watching it.
Speaker 4: So we've seen him the conversation with Christy.
Speaker 5: Then we've seen him and I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: We're all just like and I haven't said I don't like that.
Speaker 5: I don't like how he's changed himself to be what I want.
Speaker 4: It's hard to because you're with the kids and like his son's sitting in the room. So then I'm like, I just say it how it is. But then I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings too, so you do have to close your mouth a little bit. But at the same time, I'm like, is anyone else seeing it's like?
Speaker 6: And then he goes I said to him, so you I thought you're really into it and around and he goes, oh, well, I kind of have a chainment stuff, you know, but it's just more for something to just do.
Speaker 4: I think he coaches it.
Speaker 5: Coaches it, definitely, but that's what I'm saying. So they change themselves. Then when I go and meet them, they're just really nothing.
Speaker 4: Like, Yeah, it is like the texting and the phone calls and face timing, and I just say Mom, you need to just hurry up and meet them, because that's how you're really gonna know. Yea, she gets just sared, and then two weeks later she's still obsessively messaging and I'm just go and meet the guy, and then she makes them and then it's just like heartbreak.
Speaker 6: I used to get like really worked up, so Tom will drive me like drop me off and stuff, and I just get really worked out because I was.
Speaker 5: So excited and think, oh my god, we get on so great. And then I just just like, oh no, I just go. I we'll just get it out the way. We'll just see how they actually really are.
Speaker 3: To be honest, that's the hard thing about well, as we all put our best foot forward and we all like try and like make someone like us, and then like after a couple of dates, you start seeing the real person. And I guess in this yeah, and in this environment, you're living with these people, so you're getting to really see their true colors pretty quickly as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, and then they you're only going to see what you know, I suppose the narrative that the producers want you to see, do you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean?
Speaker 6: So they didn't show me being fun and like laying on mail and chatting with everyone and Hate having a meltdown and me making him not leave the show, Christie having a meltdown and me make her not lead the show.
Speaker 5: Like they didn't show me building all.
Speaker 6: The relationships that I really did make with everyone, and then they didn't show me at home crying when I saw it on TV.
Speaker 5: I mean, they were yeah, that's all right, it's all right. Tanya had told me. Anyway, she was like, as soon as we saw each other, she was like, Mum, they were just so mean to you. Yeah, but anyway, and.
Speaker 6: It was funny because one of the dads wasn't in the conversation. Daughters literally had every single thing done.
Speaker 5: So yeah, he wasn't in that conversation being mean to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, anyway, Look.
Speaker 3: We've spoken briefly on that moment, Tanya where you actually walked out of the game because you were just like, you know, I think it was Darren. It said that he had botox, and like the guys had already been really mean to your mom and then you kind of walked out. Can you kind of explain to us what was going through your head because that must have been super difficult, feeling like your mum's being attacked from every angle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was horrible. So we had we had just seen that footage of the dad's and it was all live, and then we played the game. The card was right out and I instantly just thought, that's a dig at my mom. Yeah, and then whoever buzzed in and said, Darren, it was right. And then the first thing that actually came out of Kate's mouth was and Tanya, how does that make you feel? So they didn't air that. I don't even know if I'm allowed to say this, but that and yeah, so she said, Antonia, how does that make you feel? And I actually said to her, I said, so, out of all of the kids here, you ask me, how does that make me feel? Just because of the way my mum looks what she's got a bit of literally what mum said, a bit of botos in her forehead and lip feelers. And I just said, this is just not okay. Yeah, and I just couldn't hold it in and I just started crying. So then I just walked off because I didn't want to stand there crying while they're playing the game. So I walked off inside, and I'm just like crying. They're just not running down my nose and everyone's running around trying to find a tissue they couldn't. Then they grab a tea towels. I'm like pulling my nose into this tea towel and I'm just so upset, and I just like just kind of like, yeah, ganged up on, like kind of picked on a bit. And then before you know what, the camera crews in there, and then Kate's in there and she's still whatever she was saying to me. I was still just kind of saying like like, no, it's it's not the car, it's the fact that you asked me, How does that make me feel? When you could have asked anyone else?
Speaker 5: Why didn't she ask? Because it was actually about her dad, Ye, about my mom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what upset me. And obviously they do their little spin and then they air it differently, and that really upset me because I was just like it made me even some people were kind of like, oh, that was like just like.
Speaker 5: And I was just you don't see what.
Speaker 1: You don't get the full picture.
Speaker 2: It sounds like they had their own narratives they wanted to tell.
Speaker 3: As well, yeah, was there a bit of animosity between the kids, because obviously tested, this is between Tessa's dad and your mom.
Speaker 1: Was there a bit of like, yeah, Tests was like my best I just love Tests.
Speaker 4: We would we would say, I'm kind of like mini Tests. And it was funny because her dad was kind of being so mean towards my mom, like behind Mon's back. But it was just win because Tessa and I were the closest.
Speaker 5: But she really was just like mortified.
Speaker 4: But she was mortified, and she just kept saying I'm sorry, and she was like poll Mark. She would be the first one pointing at the TV saying, oh my god, I can't believe my dad just said that, Like she was really good.
Speaker 2: Can you talk to your parents while it's all happening or no, you don't get to talk to your parents, so you can't even say it.
Speaker 5: So we don't know this, So we don't know. Christy kicked off one day and was actually going to leave the show, and because Mel kept going on dates, but we didn't know, the kids were playing games.
Speaker 6: And whoever won those games got to choose the dates, so her daughter obviously didn't win any games that day.
Speaker 5: For the date, so you know, so we didn't know that we were there.
Speaker 6: Was you know, you have conspiracy theories about stuff, and so I would always wake up in the morning walk outs and morning time, morning time, but they never showed it.
Speaker 1: So I was the one who was being mean to you behind your back?
Speaker 5: Is that right? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And what type of things was she saying?
Speaker 5: Oh, well, she was me on day one.
Speaker 8: To me when she was mean, you said that she was bitching, but behind in the back, she was kind of just going around to like each like kind of like male and just be like, don't you think Bretti is like a bit over the top.
Speaker 4: She's just too much for me. You know, she's sitting there hearted up in the corner crying, and I was just sitting there watching the screen. But it's just being like, oh my god, no, Like the last thing I wanted was for mom to go in the house and like a female kind of like bully her and like change everyone else's opinions. But that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 6: And to me, she would just do those things where I've got to really dry sense of humans.
Speaker 5: I'd say something and then she'd go really and so then you're just like, oh my God. So I was just at the end, I just couldn't speak because I just.
Speaker 4: Felt you're walking video they did air her, someone said, oh, we've got two beauty people.
Speaker 5: Or something, and then she was just so quick to be like, I'm not I'm notting beauty.
Speaker 4: I like, I'm a hairdresser. It's just something and it's just like.
Speaker 5: And then the edit they made me go nice and I didn't like that.
Speaker 4: And if anything, if anyone between the tour of us, it's going to be a tad or bitchy, it's going to be made she does not have a bone in her body, like, she's just not like that much edited to make her look like that.
Speaker 3: What I loved I love Tanya about you is that you were like very forthcoming with your opinions. You said it how it was. It was very everything was transparent and authentic. It was like you weren't trying to be something that you weren't. You were like, this is who I am, this is my opinion. I'm not sugarcoating it.
Speaker 1: Take it or leave it. And I loved that because it came across as super genuine.
Speaker 4: Thank you, It's exactly me.
Speaker 5: We have actually got a lot of people say that about us, that you're the realist on the show.
Speaker 3: I'm maret as well because you were. You were kind of like, I'm not going to force something. I'm on this show, Like, if it's not working out for me, I'm not going to like do it to stay or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, whereas CHRISTI would say to me, you're gonna you're gonna leave. You don't hook up for someone. You've gott to hook up someone, And I'm like, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Where are they?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, why? I just couldn't know. Yeah, yeah, I'm not eighteen, you know, like, I'm not eighteen trying to be something. I was really genuinely there trying to find someone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did any of the kids in the bunker hook up? Or was there any love stories there?
Speaker 5: She gets asked this a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think not. I think, well, what is that one girl one boy did a few things.
Speaker 5: But I don't want you to say that.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it wasn't me, but it wasn't.
Speaker 5: Don't worry other people outside. They're there involved, So I just think it's not right for us.
Speaker 2: Their parents look, well, so imagine that.
Speaker 1: So did those two people who hooked out.
Speaker 3: Did they hook up like during the experiment in the bunker or was it post show.
Speaker 4: During the experiment, But yeah, I think it was. I don't know like if it was, maybe it was just like a bedroom cam or something like that. I don't think it was like proper filmed with like cameramen and stuff. So I don't think it's going to be aired. It's about kids, right.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Maybe that will come out in the week. Interesting, guys, thank you so much for coming on to our podcast.
Speaker 3: You were both thanks for having incredible on the show, and it's been even better getting to chat with you me.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being so open.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely going to go back and watch that.
Speaker 1: It's going to go watch it.
Speaker 5: Watch the Bully much how they make me think so mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see through you're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you definitely didn't come across like that. So we're really sorry about all the hate. You don't deserve it. And I think you guys are going to do amazing things after this and we'll see you on Love Island next year.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Journey, make sure to stay singles used. Thank you guys, Bye
Speaker 5: Bye.