Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Stun Show. Oh hey, welcome to Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Feel good for Tuesday. A beautiful lunch I did, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I felt I felt sort of culinary Shane in the kitchen. It was like a major city train station in there. When I was making lunch for you and me and Tom. People everywhere cooking their lunch. And then I was like, oh my god, I'm about to do something. Please nobody ask me what I am doing. And someone go, what are you doing there? And I said, I'm pickling my own carrots?
Speaker 3: What does that even mean?
Speaker 1: So you make a little solution of vinegar and sugar and water and then you put your graded carrot in there, and then it doesn't take very long, but it adds a sweetness and pickles bit me to the carrot, and it was essential in the chicken mix.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just felt so upwise. I'm like, who pickles their own carrots?
Speaker 3: Say that you were making it for me, and then they'll get it.
Speaker 1: Of course they would. The most bougie alive.
Speaker 2: After three o'clock, We've got another Frank Green holiday pack to give away in Chrissy's Quizy. It's stuffed inside that bum bag swanee has officially gone nuts for Christmas. On December three, we're going to get a neuroscientist on to explain why that's happening.
Speaker 1: Why are we all losing our minds? Why?
Speaker 2: But next who am I? There is five hundred dollars cash up for grabs the.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show. Let's do this, Chrissy Swans, Who am I?
Speaker 3: Hey? Jerry, Hey, jer don't give me another one of these tech days, all.
Speaker 1: Right, jer? I just love Jaer as a nickname.
Speaker 3: Jerry. Let's see if Jerry's there now?
Speaker 1: Jerry.
Speaker 4: Hi, guys.
Speaker 1: I did not know if I was going to get a Geraldine or a gerald And there we are. It's neither. It's just Jerry. Hey, that's cool. That's really cool. I was like, hey, oh, you don't love it. Oh that's a shame, because you're stuck with it forever. That's right, Jerry. You love the game of Who Am I? Because it reminds you of a bygone era fantail.
Speaker 5: Oh what a delicious treat and fun little game.
Speaker 1: Yes, do you remember that? Jack? Are you young old enough to remember? I want to do this the whole thing with the fantail game if you wonder what we're talking about. Fantails are a very old school lollie that I think have gone out of business. I remember it just continued.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've still got a packet in my pantry because my housemate loves them.
Speaker 1: Oh, they'll all be white and weird. But you used to rip off the wrapper and then play the game, play the game. But you have to do it. You called your chewing caramel. I'm not going to do that, Jerry, beause Jack hates it.
Speaker 3: Here it is.
Speaker 1: I've got five clues for you and five hundred dollars in cash to give a every incorrect answer, one hundred bucks snatched out of your hot little hands. Jeer, you got five seconds to guess the answer after I give you the clue. Let's go. I outraged several of my fans, Jack included over the weekend when I debuted my new Beard terrible.
Speaker 5: Oh what's a my on new Beard?
Speaker 6: Old?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Is it a you never know?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I debut my new Beard on the weekend. No it is. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Clue number two for four hundred dollars cash.
Speaker 1: I'm an Aussie actor who's lived in both Brisbane and Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Jacob a lordie, it is Jacob.
Speaker 1: Now have you seen him with a beard?
Speaker 4: I have seen it and I don't I don't mind. It does make him look more grown up, but it's kind of orange.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It is beards are are want to do?
Speaker 3: They do?
Speaker 1: Come out read he looks like a young Paul McCartney.
Speaker 2: Google it not good, that's not you want to look five hundred dollars cash is on its way to you, Jerry.
Speaker 1: The Christy Swan Show. Get a free Shane warn Legacy Heart test with Cee Sue at price Line. This self service test can check your blood pressure, heart rate, diabetes risk, b am I and more. Plus receive a free heart age estimate with results in as little as four minutes.
Speaker 3: Tracking your health is easy at price Line.
Speaker 1: The Christy Swan Show. And it's happened, Jack, I have officially lost my mind my Christmas marbles.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised it's taken this long, Swanny because it's December three.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I never used to be this way. And I blame Jane Hall, a colleague that I used to work with, and she's so I said, Christmas is my time to shine and It's like I took that as a suggestion and I've run with it, and now I am way more Missus Clause than she could ever hope to be.
Speaker 2: I'm stuck on the fact Jane Hall loves Christmas. She's so miserable about the rest of life.
Speaker 1: I know she loves Christmas. She saves all her joy up for Christmas, and I I get a massive energy lift the first time, you know, when you're wandering around Mayra or Westfield, whatever, and you see the ribbons and the bells and the music and it's bing crossy, oh my god, and I feel like I'm alive.
Speaker 2: Well, this is quite interesting because your bonkers and crazy twelve months of the year, so for it to even get heightened to another level around Christmas is almost frightening.
Speaker 1: And you know, I hide my light under a bushel from you because you really think I'm insane. But my house at the moment. So I had the tree delivered, a real one because my daughter wants it. I blame her, but I also love a real tree. And I left it in its little netting right until December first because I'm sitious about it. So we decorated it all weekend, but Also at my place, I'll plug in like American cascading furs off the mantlepiece. There is a huge oversized wreath on the door that I put up every year that I bought at the Donovan's Garage. My favorite restaurant, a Peg has a mini Christmas tree in her room.
Speaker 3: Oh well you have separate Christmas trees. Yes, wine is enough.
Speaker 1: Man, and I've got I've picked the wrapping paper theme for this year. I've gone like old school decapage, you know, like nineteen thirties pictures of Santa.
Speaker 3: And oh sick that would look she.
Speaker 1: Honestly, And I know I'm not alone because when you drive around the suburbs you can see other people. I saw today on someone's balcony four life sized snow men, and I thought, I know you.
Speaker 3: You identify with that.
Speaker 1: I know you. I know you. You've hauled them out. They've annoyed you all year or your partner all year in the garage, and then you haul them out because it's your time to shine and you lose your mind at Christmas.
Speaker 2: I am no grinch. I like Christmas, but I don't go as crazy as you. And I feel like you and your type of Christmas lovers are a search and breed of human beings.
Speaker 1: I agree, and I'm thrilled to welcome to the show. In an effort to explain this madness a proper bona fide neuroscientist, doctor Sarah McKay, welcome to the show. Is this normal? And why does it happen to some of us and not everybody?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: I think perhaps you just love to lean into those Christmas feelings more than most. But I'm a bit like you, I love it as well.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's also got to do with sort of nostalgia and sentimentality and family and people that aren't here anymore.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hundred percent. So there's some neuroscience behind that too, behind that particular feeling of nostalgia that we have. So if we kind of we can take a look at how our brain constructs a Christmas emotion like nostalgia. So it blends these feelings that we have in our body, so that might be like those kind of physical feelings of anticipation and excitement, It takes them and mixes them up with our memories of Christmas past. So often our childhood, often those traditions and those rituals that we try and recreate every year, and then it mixes them up with what we see. It's a very sensory experience Christmas, so the sits, the sounds, the smell.
Speaker 1: Are you familiar with the term chasing the dragon? Usually drug addicts refer to that. But I feel like I've just been chasing the dragon since nineteen seventy eight, when I got my own recorder, like a tape deck and a fuzzy pumper barbershop set, and I just and everyone was happy, and there was an orange and onion salad and it was just a magical day. And I feel like I've been chasing the dragon ever since then.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I think that's what it does. It's like this annual opportunity to recreate those emotions from our childhood or from you know, happy Christmas past. We kind of get this annual opportunity to kind of recreate that again and again every year.
Speaker 2: Doctor Sarah, I'm in between sort of gen Z and millennial. In these studies you've done. Is there a certain generation that sort of leans you into Christmas more?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well, perhaps not who leans into Christmas more? But if we look at who has the most positive and sort of excited emotions around Christmas. It's the younger generation. So it's about sixty four percent of Gen Z, sixty two percent of millennials, fifty four percent of Gen X, and about half of boomers.
Speaker 1: And we're not.
Speaker 7: Entirely sure what that is, but I to speak, part of it is about there's a lot of work that goes into creating those Christmas sort of experiences for other people, and the young ones perhaps they're just still like kind of wallowing around in the experiences. Then I am mean to create them for other people's.
Speaker 1: So we love magical.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much doctor Sarah for joining us now thirteen twenty four to ten. We want to ask, do you go crazier than Chrissy at Christmas? If you get on air with us, We're going to give you a Westfield gift card because we know Westfield is absolutely magic at Christmas time. From festive music, magic and movies to Santa visits and picks. That's what feels like Christmas. Discover more reasons to love this season at Westfield. Visit your local center today.
Speaker 1: I have a confession sometimes even when I've done all my Christmas shopping, I will go to Westfield just to walk around and enjoy the ambience and see other people enjoying themselves.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine that I am insane.
Speaker 1: The Christy Swan Show, The Christy Swan Show, we're talking about. The silly season is upon us. And if you're a Christmas person, you know very very keenly that it's the third of December because you've been waiting for December first, which is the agreed time that you can go christmasing. I've just remembered something listening to see her another reason, but you go crazy. So when I was in the rap post shop a couple of weeks ago, preparing to lose my mind, I saw ali a soul of powered led thing that you put in the grass and it projects a rolling Santa and Reindeer scene on your house.
Speaker 3: Oh, I kind of want to see that.
Speaker 1: Jack eaties so gorgeous. When I turned it on, I went like a kid. And my kids haven't seen it yet. I haven't set it up.
Speaker 3: Can you film them seeing it for me?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's feel so beautiful. Leo won't care, will he?
Speaker 2: I think he will?
Speaker 3: He will?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I do think it is also genetic. If you lose you might at Christmas yes, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Burteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 2: I'm asking, do you go as crazy as Chrissy at Christmas? Just for getting on air with us today, I'm going to give you a one hundred dollars Westfield gift cold.
Speaker 1: That's going to be very handy.
Speaker 4: Wine up, Brook, Oh, that would be very handy.
Speaker 1: H tell us the ways that you lose your Christmas mind.
Speaker 4: Look, I think I lose my Christmas mind more than you, Chrissy. I decorate my whole entire house very much the same as what you have. I do the front lawn, but not only that, I've also decorated my entire office and everyone's pods in my office and the fat customer service area two.
Speaker 1: Oh, Brook, I just think that is wonderful. What a joy you must be to be around.
Speaker 4: I've actually had people come down from other levels in the building because they've been told they have to come down and check out my death.
Speaker 1: That is joy. Now I've got to ask you where did this start for you?
Speaker 4: I think he's a writer. It's genetics.
Speaker 6: It was my nan, Yes, my mum, it's me.
Speaker 4: It's now my kids. Yes, yeah, we're all Christmas bonkers.
Speaker 1: I hear you. You've got one hundred buck suspended Westfield. Well done, Hello Scavy, Hi, talk to me? Plays about losing your mind at Christmas? And have you lost it more than I have? Well?
Speaker 8: I go absolutely bonkers every Christmas. We have four kids by By different decorations every year. This year's theme, I was.
Speaker 1: Gonna say, what's the theme? I know you've got a theme. The theme is the Grinch? Okay, the Grinch?
Speaker 8: Yes, this year's the Grinch. The whole house is literally that green Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it could also be mistaken as like a brat summer Sky that Charlie Green. Hey, what do you do with your old themed stuff, like with last year's theme?
Speaker 3: What would we still have it? And do you give it to other people to garage? No?
Speaker 8: We just have it in the garage for probably next year or the year after.
Speaker 1: Sky. How do you how do you come up with the themes? And what has been your favorite over the years?
Speaker 8: To be honest, we pinterest Wow interest?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And what's one that you what's one that you pulled off with absolute professionalism?
Speaker 8: My Grinch? My Grinch is my best by.
Speaker 3: Sky one hundred dollars Westfield gift card for you.
Speaker 2: I love that because having a mum that fully gets into it when you're a kid and she's got four kids.
Speaker 3: It makes such a difference.
Speaker 1: That's really good for me to hear because I think I'm insane.
Speaker 3: Nah, it does.
Speaker 2: I still remember mum having us acts and then you know it does it stays with you?
Speaker 1: Great? You will your sex like personalized?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, with our names.
Speaker 2: All right, let's finish with Rachel. Rachel, do you go crazier than chrisy at Christmas?
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, I think I go crazier than Chrissy.
Speaker 2: What my husband is the greench and tread and divorce because I make him bring up.
Speaker 9: The decorations, the tree, the lights.
Speaker 4: Everything on the first of November and that's when we start.
Speaker 1: No, okay, was this was this like, you know, a slide into insanity bit by bit? Like did you originally start to semper first and then it sort of went the last week of November and then you went stuff? And I'm going all the way to November first.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's gotten earlier each year, but every alternate year we go away.
Speaker 4: So I need to make it worth my while and get the enjoyment stress Rachel.
Speaker 3: Long as I can.
Speaker 1: I'm going to set a diary reminder to call you in I'm going to say June and get you to take your tree down the Chrissy one. So I've been clicking Jack.
Speaker 3: Chrissy's click.
Speaker 1: Daniel Craig is cranky. He is a cranky man.
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Though Daniel Craig's kind of cranky doesn't dilute the kindness in his personality.
Speaker 3: Like when he's cranky, I just find it funny.
Speaker 2: I agree, there's still something warm about him being cranky.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things where when you read the headlines it sounds one way, and then when you see the footage it's really friendly in Fine, yeah, exactly. But he doesn't want to talk about Jay's Bond anymore. He's really not interested.
Speaker 3: He wants to talk about queer.
Speaker 1: But what happens is when you're kind of synonymous with a huge character, that's what we want to talk about. And I think he just needs to accept that. He says that the Joe's Bond movie was a nightmare, which one the latest one that he's not involved in.
Speaker 3: No, I think he's saying Quantum of Solace, Oh, Quantum.
Speaker 1: Of Solace was God. He hasn't got a nice thing to say about anything. We were talking about him last week because he was it yesterday? Yeah, yeah, are you joking yesterday? No, it was not.
Speaker 3: We were talking about Casino Royal. Was yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tom, it was yesterday that we were talking about Cassina Royal.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, does that give you an idea of what my life is like? I thought that was last week. No, it was yesterday, and we were talking about the Bond songs. We were going to find out what the one was that we were talking about. It was Chris Cornell, of course, from Soundgarden. I don't love him, no, no, no, no, wait, you keep going. Imagine you know, drone shot explosions. You know, if you're a Soundgarden fan, I think you'd like it. But anyway, Quantum of Solace was a nightmare and he hopefully he never needs to talk about James Bond ever again. I feel like I feel sad for him because he made the conscious decision to step away from the franchise and he's mixing things up with this new film and people still just want to talk about Jane.
Speaker 2: But I think as well, in these interviews he's giving like they're like twenty minutes sit down interviews. Right, But unfortunately, no matter what he says about this new film, no one is going to click on that.
Speaker 3: All anyone who's going to click on is the James Bond stuff.
Speaker 2: So maybe it's the publicity team for the new film that need to just set a rule. I hate rules in interviews, but maybe they do just need to say no James Bond questions.
Speaker 1: But then that makes him look like a diva. And then also, because this is the problem with press junkets, they happen before anybody's really seen the film. So when you've said, when we've seen Queer, we're gonna have questions and we'll be interested that all the interviews are done, you've got to go back, do you know what I mean? It's just it's wrong. It feels wrong anyway. The situation that happened on that film is that Paul Haggis, who wrote the script, doesn't mean anything to anyone apart from, you know, a disgusting Scottish meal. He did it pass over the script, which means he looked at it kind of once, yeah, write it, looked at it once, and then he joined a picket line because it was at that writer's Oh that the writer strike Yeah, yeah, And Daniel Craig says the entire film should have been scrapped at that point and it shouldn't have been made. I disagree because I love James Bond films and I live for the opening credit songs.
Speaker 3: Yes, what is your favorite, James Bonder?
Speaker 1: My favorite is Die Another Day by Madonna Sick. I'm falling more and more in love with that woman. You've got to watch that doc?
Speaker 2: Oh, my friend, I know, well, tomorrow's Wednesday watch list?
Speaker 3: Is that what it's called? Yes, I'll watch the Madonna dock for tonight.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about brain rock because that's what I want you to do. I want you to sit on the couch and brain rot. It's the twenty twenty four Oxford Word of the Year.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it too, And that is quite a controversial opinion because everybody's like, oh brain wrote you feel bad about it? Listen if you are. If your lifestyle allows you to have a few moments where you can be mindless instead of mindful, then go for it. I think it's important. My only concern is this I have noticed in myself and my kids because I'm consuming things for thirty seconds forty five seconds. My attention span has become used to that and it has atrophied.
Speaker 2: So you like would struggle with a three hour film nowadays. Absolutely, And for those people listening that don't know what it is, the definition is the supposed deterioration of a person's mental or intellectual state, especially viewed as the result of over consumption of material sticularly online content.
Speaker 1: And I get that, and I just think you've got to do that, but you've got to balance it out by reading an article.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 2: But the thing I like is when is the word considered to be trivial or unchallenging, Like I think everything I watch is unchallenging.
Speaker 3: Everything I do is brain rot. Who wants to watch something challenging?
Speaker 1: Listen, if I want to spend one minute of my time watching Charlie X says have a fag on stage, I need to do it the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 11: I Hi.
Speaker 1: By the way, we've just got an announcement that Drake has added new tour dates because.
Speaker 3: The pre sales is going nuts.
Speaker 1: Is going nuts? When did getting a ticket to a love music show becomes such a blood sport?
Speaker 3: It's insane, isn't it, Swam.
Speaker 1: It never used to be like this, Jack.
Speaker 3: I think it might be after COVID now that I think about it, Yes.
Speaker 1: But why I think I agree with you, that's definitely the timeline.
Speaker 2: But why is there just not enough space like across the year in our arena, Like they just can't book the shows long enough.
Speaker 1: I honestly I do not know.
Speaker 2: But good news for people in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. Drake has added an extra show to each of those cities. But the actual general sale doesn't start till Friday, midday Friday.
Speaker 1: So these are those like you know, First Chance, master Card.
Speaker 2: One correct and votafone Extraordinary. And I think as well, it's probably Tom Reckons. It's a lot of it's because everything's online now so you can't go and get them physically the tickets, And if that makes a.
Speaker 1: Different, I just don't understand it. You know. Thoughts and prayers to any mothers trying to get it for their teenage kids, because we are exhausted.
Speaker 2: Seriously, Hey, next in Chrissy's Quizzy, if you're exhausted and you need some help with your Christmas shopping, there is a Frank Green Holiday Pack Inside the bum Bag best.
Speaker 1: Present Ever, The Chrissy Swan Show, The Christy Swan Show Tuesday, where zing you in.
Speaker 6: With this Frank Green Sea Holiday collection has just arrived, featuring practical and stylish gifts for everyone for now.
Speaker 3: Frank Green, don't cultinate you, Chrissy Cousy?
Speaker 1: Hi, Trace, Hey Chrissy, how are you love?
Speaker 4: I'm good? How are you good?
Speaker 1: How's your brain going with this Christmas season? A pass?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm getting there.
Speaker 5: I'm getting there slowly, slowly getting things together.
Speaker 1: And you sort of mean getting there like you're getting there halfway to losing your mind or you're all right.
Speaker 4: No, I'm alright for now.
Speaker 9: I think maybe we'll see how we go in another week.
Speaker 1: Ago I was going to say, check back in on the fifteenth, Hey, Rachel, Hello, Hi Chrissy. You're a new listener and a first time caller. I'm going to kiss you all over your face. Welcome, We're lucky day. Welcome, I have a bit of eggnog. Come in.
Speaker 3: How long have you been listening for h If you're new, I.
Speaker 4: Only listened the last couple of weeks, to be completely honest, So I'm very new and I couldn't believe I got through.
Speaker 1: So yay, Well there you go. I'm going to call you back next week or maybe next year, early in the year, and I want to get a little you know, feedback session, you and me and Jack and will see what we can do better for you.
Speaker 3: I would love that yet.
Speaker 1: All right, giels, your names are your buzzes. It's the best of five, meaning the first one of years to get three answers, create wins the game as a Frank Green holiday gift pack in it, and my god, you want to win it, trust me.
Speaker 3: And if you've already got one, what a great thing to regift for Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: Whoever you gave that to would be like, are you serious?
Speaker 3: Yeah? This is expensive lush.
Speaker 1: Question number one Meghan Trainer has revealed that she has had too much what Tracy, Yes, Trace bowtops. It is botox well done. Do you remember every time I see the words of Meghan Trainer, I remember that story that she's got a bathroom with two toilets in it and her and her husband take a poo together in the toilet.
Speaker 3: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget it.
Speaker 2: Like I said yesterday, people that have pet birds need to be assessed. People that do poos together as a couple need to also be assessed.
Speaker 1: We should do weird couple things.
Speaker 3: Sure that you do, and you and I would not be able to contribute.
Speaker 1: Question number two, what is the chemical symbol for oxygen?
Speaker 8: Rachel?
Speaker 1: Yes, Rach oh, yes it is?
Speaker 3: Oh, well done, one point each. Question number three.
Speaker 1: Six years ago today, Lil nils X are released.
Speaker 3: Is he he's releasing new stuff? He's on socials, He's so good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, released his debut mainstream single. What is it called?
Speaker 11: It is?
Speaker 1: She's a good? Trace could just enjoy this for ten seconds? Reds a tune also Shaboozy, Thanks God every day that it was released, because there would be no Shaboozy if there wasn't that song.
Speaker 2: Alrighty Two points to Tracy, one point to Rache Trace. Question four is for the win?
Speaker 1: What do people travel to Aspen, Colorado to do?
Speaker 4: Tracy being a snowboarding?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Getting snowboarding?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Hey, well done? Tracy? Are you American? And I only just heard it?
Speaker 7: I'm Canadian?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so sorry. You Canadians hate it when people for you American?
Speaker 3: Tracy? Are you going to go and see Drake being a good Canadian gal. No, I'm actually not.
Speaker 1: You're going to see Brian Adams, but you've got a Frank Green holiday gift pack going to you and Rachel we are going to grab your number and we're going to check in with you about our progress. Alright, yay, thank you little feedback.
Speaker 3: Say thanks for listening Rach.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show. I mean yesterday, yesterday I was hating on Christmas Carols on the radio, but I bloody love that song. Have we had Mariah yet?
Speaker 2: I have not heard Mariah yet. I mean, if you're listening to Nova one hundred in Melbourne, Jason Lauren have been playing a lot of more, but I need.
Speaker 1: To hear it. The holiest that he did the chraszy over the surprise like pharmacy tantrums. Now tis the season. Tis the season for joy and happiness, but it is also the season for the same reasons for people to lose their minds. A video has has just been released by TMZ. It is a child throwing a tantrum in a Walmart. Sounds like a supermarket. Yeah, I was surprised when I went to America. I thought Walmart was more like Kmart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, but.
Speaker 1: But there's food and everything. It's a supermarket like Costco.
Speaker 3: They are right, don't they sell guns to Walmart?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, they sell so much stuff like I could move in.
Speaker 3: I'm more of a carowuon guy.
Speaker 1: Of course, you are all right, So imagine this supermarket a child. I'm going to say ten or eleven.
Speaker 3: They've said primary school. They've said five or six in this article. No older.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they're about that tall, they're older than that. All right, okay, well let's split the diff seven seven seven years old. Gorgeous little matching pink ensemble.
Speaker 3: By the way, I love the outfit.
Speaker 1: She's losing her mind. First of all, I can't see where the parent is. I'm guessing the parent is videoing it. Going this is amazing, do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe the parents looking for a viral moment.
Speaker 2: Maybe because she starts by kicking like some look looks like toddler and chocolate boxes.
Speaker 3: And then she goes to the deli section and starts throwing cheese all over.
Speaker 1: The floor methodically, calmly, but also with a fair amount of fury and strength. Yeah, she picks up vegetables and throws them on the ground. She's not screaming. People are trying to stop her, and she's not interested in being stopped. She has reached the end of her tether. That's her stomping on Lazada. That was a two handed throw.
Speaker 11: Oh gosh, yeah, okay, So now she's picking up sparkling brand like Brune juice and just throwing it.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with me that I look at that and I go, god, I love to do I mean, I've seen you sort of in those in a scenario once like.
Speaker 3: That, but you didn't throw anything. Next time you have like a spark out, can you throw something?
Speaker 1: I feel like I have thrown stuff and it feels really good. But I've done it by myself, damn it.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see you just piff something.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, I remember now. So looking at that footage, there's a bit where she's in front of a display. It has like crackers and she runs her hand along it and they all come out. I've done that with books, no way.
Speaker 3: Was it really satisfying?
Speaker 1: Yes, But I tell you what's like belittling afterwards is that you've got to then keep down with them.
Speaker 3: Back were you at home when you did it? It was at home.
Speaker 1: I having a child have a tantrum is an absolute rite of passage. Some of them are like nuclear level thirteen twenty four to ten. What is the most epic tantrum your child has ever had? That's reminiscent?
Speaker 2: Enjoy them and I want specific details of things they threw, where it was, where.
Speaker 1: They why, why, what's happening?
Speaker 3: Film it. There'll be a Priceline pharmacy voucher in it for you.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show. We're talking about tantrums. I've seen a little bit of footage here. We've really enjoyed it. We've lived vicariously through this very cranky child who systematically went through wa which is big supermarket in America, and just calm. She was very calm.
Speaker 3: She wasn't screaming, which is almost scarier, I agree, more menacing.
Speaker 1: But there was a lot of force in the throwing of the food. We're asking you thirteen twenty fourteen, when as your kid had the most unbelievable tantrum? Hello, Lauren, Hi, Hi. When your kid has a tantrum, you never forget it.
Speaker 6: No, you do not know. She's six now, and when she was two she had the most epic tantrum at the top of our driveway because I wouldn't let her ride her tricycle down what is a very steep driveway. And she was carrying on so much that I did, I think what every good parent has done, and said, fine, do it. Hi, I videoed the whole thing, so I've got it on the film. She rode down and she stacked it and I just recorded it all.
Speaker 1: And afterwards, did you say I told you this would happen?
Speaker 6: I most definitely did.
Speaker 1: Did she ever do it again?
Speaker 6: No? And every time she from then on wanted to do something, and I suggested that Mum would probably know best. I reminded her of the video of her crashing.
Speaker 1: I love the driveway. I love this, Lauren. I love it.
Speaker 3: Whack it on TikTok, Lauren. I might go viral now, it could?
Speaker 6: It could?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Fristlight Farmers out to for you, Lauren. Let's get a rick, Ricky.
Speaker 1: What did you do to do? Hey?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, having you so good?
Speaker 1: What'd you do to get?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So, our daughter, my wife was adamant that she was menting in her veges at a restaurant. Then she basically threw every single piece of them on the floor. She keeped two of the plates, two of our main plates. Then we went back home.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: The second day, she decided to grab the broccoli and all the veges from the fridge and she literally threw them.
Speaker 1: She was sure that was not going to happen again.
Speaker 2: Priceline voucher for Ubick. Oh this phone or is making me miss super Nanny Joe. I used to love watching kids crack it on SUPs.
Speaker 1: Have you ever interviewed her or met her? Oh, it's fascinating, really yeah, it's really really good on the show. Hey Linda, Hi, all right, So you were in the most popular location for a rip roaring tantrum, the supermarket.
Speaker 9: I sure was my now eight year old at the time. She was four, just on the checkout with three kids in tow, one in the stroller, paying for the groceries. We're heading to the car. She wanted to soft boy at the checkout. I said, no, mom, just leave it. We're going to go to another shop. I'll get you all something at all ways, and she wouldn't.
Speaker 6: She refused.
Speaker 9: I left it there behind, and I thought, oh my god. All the way to the car, she threw that tantrum I'll never forget it. And she ran off just just before we got to the car, and I had to run after her, and I was right, she was going to run on the road. I end up smack them on my face. I felt as if someone had knocked me out on the concrete. I ended up in emergency that evening and never again when I say shopping, that's hard when you don't have anybody look after them. And I'll never forget it, I thought, I knocked my teeth out.
Speaker 1: And oh my god.
Speaker 9: As soon as she saw me get up with all the blood pouring from my face, she said, sorry, Mom, Sorry, mom, I won't do that again. And yes, so it's very hardly.
Speaker 1: This is genius, but you probably could have just said get in the car. You didn't have to like throw yourself on the.
Speaker 3: Ground to prove the dramatic. But that is good price voucher for you, Linda. Let's finish with Stacey Stace.
Speaker 10: Hello, Hello, you so good.
Speaker 1: Talk to me about tantrums and the nightmare of them.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, we were at a shopping center at one of those little parks, you know, this playground. My daughter was three, she's twenty now, so she'd be mortified if she knew was on the phone, but she decided. I said it's time to go. It took me an hour and a half to actually get her to the car. Oh my god, because I finally So you get her in the pram, and you know how they arched their backs. Yes, I don't want to be strapped in.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: And then you've got to strap them in. My god, takes the force of seven thousand horses.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 10: And then so she's kicking people on the way. People were walking past, and she's kicking people.
Speaker 1: I love her.
Speaker 10: So then we walk towards the walk towards the eatery, and she lets out this enormous screen and everyone turns around, including the Stanta doing damp. So I said to her, you know what now, I said, Santa's looking at you. There is no toys. There is nothing for you this Christmas. So we get to the car. We're on our way home, going down the freeway. We're going a hundred. She opened the door.
Speaker 1: My god, she can stay on the freeway.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I've never been sure in my decision to never have children.
Speaker 1: Oh look, she was tired and hungry. Jack the Chrissy Swan Show First Chrissy's Clique Fait. I'm going to be honest with you. I find it very hard to order a steak at a restaurant. Why they're so expensive? What do you mean the logic of it. I know that they're lovely, and I know that you're not just paying for the piece of meat. You're paying for the experience in the hospitality and all of that. But to pay fifty dollars for a piece of steak, I find very very hard.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things. It's probably the only meal at a restaurant that I'm.
Speaker 3: Happy to not look at how much it costs because I love it so much and like a well cooked steak I mean by that, I mean rare. I just am so happy to pay the money for It's such a beautiful experience, it's such a beautiful cutting men.
Speaker 1: I wish I had, I wish I was more like you, But I can't. I can't do it. Jeremy Clarkson is finding that other people can't do it either. There has been back nastiness. He's opened up a new pub in Oxfordshire and Jeremy Clarkson, He's from top Gear and all that. But he's one of these guys. He's also got a TV show where he shows what it's like to have absolutely no skills and run at the farm. And I feel like he's done the same with a pub. He's got no skills and he's doing this thing. But he's really hell bent on British made. Everything in that pub that you can buy has to be made in Britain. Right, He's charging twenty eight pounds for a piece of steak, Now that's fine. Well, there's two things out that I got out of this. Everyone's mad about it. By the way, twenty eight pounds works out to be about fifty sixty bucks Australian. That says to me that Australia is very expensive to live in. If we read that and we go got twenty eight pounds, okay, our cost of living is out of control.
Speaker 3: But I was in I remember being in London and paying like twenty five pounds for a steak and I was like, that was just the norm in the middle of this year.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the norm for you.
Speaker 3: I'm not some rich like kit of Beverly Hill. Yeah. I know.
Speaker 1: People are so mad about it. Someone posted a photograph of a steak. It looks stunning, by the way, a little bit overdone for you. Yeah, but it looks beautiful.
Speaker 9: That name.
Speaker 1: Vene sauce, and it's got sort of a little truffly thing and one beautiful singular carrot, a huge carrot, by the way. But everyone's like, I'm sure says its steak and charrot sat is one carrot singular.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with this, And I also thinks wanning Jeremy Clarkson's one of those dudes that people.
Speaker 3: Love to write about and hate on. Yes, I has a bit of tall poppy syndrome around, Jre.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree. Having said that, I just want to remind you I did teach you how to cook a steak that tastes exactly like fancy restaurant one. It cross a bus And.
Speaker 2: I still do that for my parents when I go down to the peninsula and I make it at home.
Speaker 3: At home, I stick by yours. They pressed, they were, they.
Speaker 2: Loved it, and I'm still just shook it that you don't oil the pan. You just oil the steak before putting it on the path. That's right, Marinate.
Speaker 1: When are they going to sign the adoption papers? What do I have to do now. I want to talk about a text message that was sent from Joe Jonas.
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: I get them more confused? Joe Jonas, you wear that nasty breakup with the girl from Game of Thrones. He texted Timothy's Chalomay. Yes, last year, last December, So that's a year ago. Really? Well, it is, my god, it's already December, he says, last December, I sent Timothy Shalamee a text from my friend's phone, anticipating a response, and then another photo of him saying this December. He still hasn't texted back. I hope this helped, which is sort of funny. But here's the thing. He posted the text message. It says TC Timothy chalo May and it says I missed you from him in green should be blue, by the way, shouldn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, the fact Timothy Chalamey potentially has uses Android upsets me.
Speaker 3: But that's right.
Speaker 1: I don't think he does use Android. I don't think that text message has got to him. That's first. Have a look at what time it was sent.
Speaker 3: At twelve fifty eight am one am.
Speaker 1: I am telling you this is not on Timothy Challa May. If my phone goes off at one am and it's a number I do not recognize. You're not getting a response, Absolutely not if that goes to my children too.
Speaker 2: By the way, regularly Timycheller up Next Seed, Tomorrow check up.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to Nova podcast dot com.
Speaker 7: Do you