Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on Gaddigle Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elder's past and present.
Speaker 3: We extend our respect to any First Nation's Aboriginal and Torres Street island of people joining us today.
Speaker 2: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 3: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral.
Speaker 2: Oh and we talk a lot about ourselves as well.
Speaker 3: Joe coming up on today's episode.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's just give them three key words. I reckon, guns, green whistle. Oh that's all three words. See if that did okay, we'll feel like we need one more word, Jojo c that's what's coming up on this episode. Strap yourselves in click clack front Matt Honey, Oh wait, what on fuck do I say you deal the indult? Let's guys, sorry, we haven't meen you for a while. I'm getting used to back into the swinger.
Speaker 3: Pss, good morning, Matthew.
Speaker 2: How are we going everyone?
Speaker 3: Oh, we're going great and we're back in the country, we're back in the studio.
Speaker 2: Does it not feel like we were gone for six months?
Speaker 3: It does. Coachella feels like at least six months ago. Seriously, Vegas four months ago, yeah, La two months ago. And now we're back.
Speaker 2: And it was literally last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it feels good to be back. Although I have to say we still have to record, like we're going to do it today and whip it out into the world sometime soon, because we've got to still do the Uber Storytime video.
Speaker 2: Quick Wit the quick Wit. Yeah, absolutely, I know we will get to that. We've got so much to catch up on obviously, being mia from the internet. I mean I sat down today and when I don't even have a royal flush love because I haven't even been keeping up. No one talks about the fact that when you're in a different time zone, like, it's hard to keep across all the trends. A lot of people are asking me a lot of things while we were away. What do you think of this? What do you think of that? Darling? I haven't even seen it.
Speaker 3: Not only were we busy JoJo's Yeah, when we're away, heaps of shit happened.
Speaker 2: But when did we have time to pick up our phones and actually do it. We were too busy living life, you know, fucking I will say that. Oh, two updates for everyone, so officially sober, that's going nice. Well two days.
Speaker 3: Do you have any goals? Are you just going to like go with it?
Speaker 2: No, just done, just just for every Well, we'll see, we'll see. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe I will admit on the weekend, I think I'm still a little bit jet lag because I'm going to bed super early, and that's like not like me. But it was AJ's brother's birthday and we went out. We had a dinner at five, and so we went out at about two thirty, and so I started drinking at two thirty, and then we had a dinner at five, and then I think we finished there at eight, and then I went home because I can't do this anymore. But I don't know if that's because I'm jet liked or if Vegas absolutely fucked me and I'm.
Speaker 1: Just never drinking again. So I'm kind of with you on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it's right now. I'm like, I literally never could want to or there's no appeal to me to drink alcohol again. So we'll see how I go. That's me right now, and we'll say as well, I feel like I feel you on that with the whole not sure whether the holiday just like ruined us because I've come home and I'm like on an unintentional health kick. I have drunk like eight liters of fucking water a day because over there I was built off dr Pepper and grape Fanta and whatever we were, we just had so much. I had a message actually on Instagram like if someone sent me a DM and was like, love your content, but fuck you eat a lot of junk, And I was like, I'm in America and this never happens. I'm obviously gonna immerse myself in the culture of fast food while I'm over there.
Speaker 3: And the funny thing about America is, no matter where you are, you're always at least like three minutes from a far food shops, Like no matter where.
Speaker 2: Even less than that.
Speaker 3: Seriously, every two meters is a fucking different fast food shop.
Speaker 2: But then if it's not a fast food shop, it's a truck on the side of the road selling tacos or pizza or hot dogs or something, and then another truck down you'd walk another ten meters, someone's selling chios and someone's doing ice cream.
Speaker 3: It just reminded me our uber driver, that really nice one that we had at the end of our trip.
Speaker 2: I can't remember, oh, the.
Speaker 3: One that yeah, you were like oh, Like, as we were driving, he's like, okay, now we're here.
Speaker 1: Now we're in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: Now we're here, and we're going through suburbs. He said, this suburb is a big Chinese community. And then the next one he was like, this is a big Muslim community, and he showed us the moscue as we go past, and then he got to.
Speaker 3: Tip him to can you go back in there? Yeah, okay, good because he was so nice. And then when he dropped me off, because you got dropped off first, he fully carried my bags for me, like ten meters.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: I wanted to give him a hug at the end.
Speaker 3: Too awkward.
Speaker 2: You know what was funny is when we were driving, I think what prompted the tour is you actually said, are we still in Beverly Hills? And remember he said you'll know when we're not because the roads will change. And it was so true. Beverly Hills were smooth and then as soon as we left Beverly Hills, potholes galore, love.
Speaker 3: Like it was we're on the roads.
Speaker 1: He's like, see, we're not in Beverly Hills now.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, scroll is exclusive. I mean a lot of people have clued on, but I have actually been home the same amount of time as Brittany. But I've got so much content that I'm still pretending I'm over there.
Speaker 1: Matt, you're the.
Speaker 3: Fucking weirdest person. Well, I just have to say, what because I love that you've just been posting on your story is but you're still there like it was me. I would be like, I'm home now, but I've still got heaps of videos to post.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but two reasons. One, I've been laying on me fat ass doing nothing true, and it's amazing. I've been laying on the ladd of that had a holiday after the holiday, so I've had nothing. The other best, the other good thing about it is no one fucking knows and no one's contacted me. No one wants to come catch up about the tree, but.
Speaker 1: No one knows you're home.
Speaker 2: I've just been able to do nothing. So not only socials but personal life as well, Like No one's annoying me.
Speaker 3: Friends.
Speaker 1: Your friends would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a few of them do, obviously, But I had one friend message to me esday and said, hope you're enjoying your trip. Just wanted to check in with this, and I thought, I'm sitting on me us in Australia do nothing. But I think the thing that gets me is if I was like, hey, everyone, I'm home and then posted, I just feel like people would lose interest because they would know it was old content. But Orlando. You know what's funny universal Orlando riding the Velocity coaster that happened before Coachella. But because Coachella was so full on, I didn't have enough time to post any of that. So there's so much that I didn't have time to post. And obviously some days we were film in six videos a day, you know. So I don't know. Anyway, I know it's almost done and I hope everyone's enjoyed it. But oh, I could never do anything like this again. Seriously, I'm just so I'm broken. I will say last thing I want to clear up before we move on from America officially until the Uber story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but look forward to that that this week surely won't.
Speaker 2: We have surely.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately I did not get to shoot a gun in America, and I'm devastated about that because to do that, we were going to do that, well, I was going to do that. Brittany had no interest, but I was obviously very excited about the whole thing.
Speaker 3: I just feel like we always talk about like us not being canceled and never getting canceled, and I don't know why. Like, obviously you can go and shoot a gun over there if you want, like at one of the gun shooting ranges, but I just feel like for some reason that would be the reason that we would get canceled. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, about immersing myself in the culture.
Speaker 3: So I have no interest in shooting a gun ever, Oh I do.
Speaker 2: Just on I just want to get it. I'm just someone who will try anything once, accepts skydiving or bungee jumping or rock climbing or ab sailing, but for the most part, I'll try anything once. So I think I just want to like shoot the gun, take it off my bucket list. But you know what, it's we're going to do it in Vegas. I was going to do in Vegas, but we ended up, you know, getting smashed, so couldn't and you have to have a blood alcohol zero to go.
Speaker 3: One after a d's blind and Matt's looking up, can we do it now?
Speaker 1: It's like as like sideways.
Speaker 3: We're googling this place that was near the hotel, and it's like, yeah, you've got to be one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: So it was honestly one hundred meters from the hotel. We could have done it any time, but we kept drinking the whole time.
Speaker 1: And when you looked it up, oh, it was so American.
Speaker 3: For like an extra two hundred bucks, they could come to your hotel and pick you up in a tanker.
Speaker 2: You're wrong, You're wrong. That was free, was it? That was included? Oh? No, that was included. You just had to let them know.
Speaker 3: But the tanker, like a big fucking army tank could come and.
Speaker 2: Pick you up, army like truck. It wasn't a tank. The tank you're thinking about was the two and a half thousand dollars tank experience where you got to drive a tank and crush a car, which, if I had the budget and the despisable income, catch me in the fucking army tank and Russian cars honestly, Oh, I thought that's brilliant. But yeah, really started couldn't shoot a gumpat found out you can do it right here in Australia anyway.
Speaker 1: Sure, there's like a farm that you can go to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's shooting ranges in Australia. So I do that. I will, I will, yeah, and I would love to. But anyway, let's put a bow in America for now. I'm sure this isn't the last time we'll talk about it. We've got so many stories to share, but for now we should probably move. Actually, I lie, I think my Royal flush has to do with America, so let's get stuck into that.
Speaker 3: Please be upstanding for the Royal Flush. My Royal flush isn't about America. It is about a TikTok video that I saw. You maybe would have seen it too, because Matt, over three million people have seen this TikTok since the weekend. Oh wow, it's a TikTok user. Her username is hinder dot I but then like her username thing. You know, you've got like two names on TikTok. It's Moo moo meadows Okay, which do you know what that means?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Moomy Meadows is a is arguably the worst Mario Kart track ever. Because I also I said, okay, like that, because obviously I can see your royal flush just said moomoom Meadows this week in the little note that we have, I was like, is she going to talk about Mario Kart and Moomoo Meadows is the worst, in my opinion, the worst track you can have on Mario Kart. You literally have to dodge cows through like a farm sort of vibe. So I'm assuming that's where if you if the actual video this person has posted has nothing to.
Speaker 1: Do with nothing, I think she must just love.
Speaker 2: She must just love, she loves well. I was almost Rainbow Road, but that was taken, so I had to go with all right, hay.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you know, play the Rainbow Road on Mario Kart and after a while, like it feels like you're not moving anywhere because the like it becomes like an illusion.
Speaker 2: No, I can't say.
Speaker 3: Okay, you get it, Ricardo, Like when you're playing it for so long on that Rainbow Road thing, it starts looking like you're not getting anywhere because the rainbow is like an optical illusion in your eyes.
Speaker 2: No, that's never happened to me. Interesting. And you know what in Mario cart eight they brought in like the bowling alley side things on Rainbow Road. She actually can't fall off Rainbow Road. I think it's Mario cart eight, but I remember playing it and thinking you can't fall off That defeats the purpose of because Rainbow Road is so annoying because you just fall off the sides the whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I missed that game. Anyway, Onto my Royal Flush Mimoo Meadows. She is a teacher an event stylist from Melbourne Nice and she has gone viral over the weekend because she broke her ankle and I don't know where she is. It looks like she's like a volleyball game or a netball game or something, and it's hilarious because the Ambos are there with her, which, by the way, shout out to Ambos. I'm going off topic already, but the other oh before we went to America, the TV was on and it was like this.
Speaker 1: New ambo show. I don't know what it's called.
Speaker 3: We'll have to look it up, but it's almost filmed in like a reality TV style where they follow the Ambos around in Australia. But then they cut away to like the interviews about like the situation.
Speaker 2: I think I know it's called paramedics something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, great show, and just got to give a shout out to ambos because they're out here doing the most Like this old lady had fainted in like a seven to eleven like in the servo and there was like eight ambos in there, and it was just because you watch the whole thing and they were like doing CPR and everything on her, and they were so calm, like the whole team and I would be there just fucking screaming my head off, but they just they like are in the most crazy scenarios and remain so calm and they're just doing God's work.
Speaker 1: So shout out to the ambos.
Speaker 2: What almost like that's their job. Like can you imagine can you imagine being a paramedic and getting there? Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I were sitting on the lounge at home. I would breaking out and they're all just like, Okay, now do this, now, do that? Get this deep.
Speaker 2: If thing, you know, being injured or something, you wait for a paramedic to come, the paramedic gets I'd go just let me die down.
Speaker 3: But just to see them actually doing it, like, it was really cool to actually watch them in action.
Speaker 2: Shout out to paramedic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're doing the most.
Speaker 2: Love your work, babes. Anyway, what is this real flash now? Oh?
Speaker 3: So she's broken her ankle and she's in this stretcher in the indoor volleyball netball thing whatever, and they've before she started filming, they've given her the green whistle.
Speaker 2: Stranger too.
Speaker 3: She's had a lot of puffs of the green whistle and she's made a vlog of herself high as a kite.
Speaker 1: Do you have to play? You have to go watch the whole thing because it's quite long, but I'll play the start of it.
Speaker 3: My neighbors and I'm being sent to the hospital because I'm breaking my ankles. Drugs and I told myself I would never do because I'm okay, why did TikTok? So I have to show?
Speaker 2: Wait what ither cry? I'm gonna cry.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, mama. This navigated to you being said to the husband. They gave me these green wist so it's like like a drug. With Lana and also Aaron, this is too lovely, lovely, thank you so much. They're so nice to me. She's just popping on the green whistle and she's still in this blog and it's just so funny. She's filming the ambos. Oh, and it just made me piece myself.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what have you? You've never had a green whistle? Oh you have, I swear to god. I think I got addicted to that ship when I went this ship is so I've only had.
Speaker 1: It once when I broke my arm.
Speaker 3: So I must have been about five or six, and I remember it was around the age when you know when you're like really fussy eater when you're a kid, and so we were. I so vividly remember breaking my arm. We were on the trampoline, playing ring around a rosie and tissue tissue. We all far down and I went after trampoline and this is when they didn't have the nets around the trampoline, so I went flying. My arm snapped in her trigger warning. I should have said that before, and then it was a whole big deal. For context for those of you from Newcastle, we were at Madowie. It's like up. I don't know anyway, if you know Newcastle, you know that's funny, wrote a family barbecue at Madowie had to wait for the ambulance to come, and I remember my dad had me in his lap and my arm was like flopping about, and they handed me the green whistle because.
Speaker 1: I was such a fussy eater.
Speaker 3: It's got what flavor?
Speaker 2: Is it? I don't want it?
Speaker 3: What flavor? And they're like strawberry, and I'm like, took it gone.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I slept all the way to the John Hunter. It's like an hour drive.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh my gosh. Yeah for me, Like I was sucking on that thing like it was going out of fashion.
Speaker 1: I kind of wanted in my adult life.
Speaker 2: Honestly, the first thing I thought was, fuck, wish I had a friend who was a nerse. They could get me. Surely got some nerves swindle of green whistles. Because so the thing is, they were so adamant that I wasn't allowed to take it with me from the hospital. Wasn't allowed. You must not take it home with you? What do you think I fucking did? I shove that shit him up and I took that green whistle lime and I was sucking on it for a couple more days after.
Speaker 1: Is it like a steam like it's like vapor.
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's I was because I, you know, inspected the whole fucking thing too, so inside it looked like a cloth that was like soaked in like some sort of liquid. Yeah, you're like inhaling a like because I don't know exactly what kind of drug it is to make you not feel the pain, But wow, was it amazing.
Speaker 3: And you've spoken about this on the pod before, like when you had your goal or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: One of the nurses came around and said, where's the green whistle? As I was getting discharged, I said, oh, someone else just came and took.
Speaker 3: I wonder how strict they are. I'm sure we've got lots of nurses on here with like lost prevention, and I wonder if any of them, like, you know, take home drugs or anything or do you reckon. They're real strict, like if a green whistle, a green whistle gets taken, you know, do they have to like mark that they took it and then mark when they pulled it. Like they can't be stilling that anyway.
Speaker 2: All I know is that if green whistles were available at Chemist Squarehouse, they'd be sold fucking out, because I would be buying them up. I would be buying them up. And the fact that the nurse as well the paramedic in the ambulance said have you ever had a green whistle before? I said no, and she goes, just suck it like a vape, and I went, oh, sort and tell you know, I was like, that's like no actual instructions, just suck it like a vape. And she must just get so used to like telling people that and them knowing, yeah, what what to do? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But I'm not one but touchwood that I don't ever have to have one. But anyway, that's my royal flush. Moumo meadows she did. It's two parts. You need to go and watch it. Everyone.
Speaker 2: That is a good one. I'll give you that, my royal flush. I'm so sorry to go back to America, But can you just.
Speaker 1: Get over all already?
Speaker 2: I don't think I can ever get over this.
Speaker 3: You know, if someone goes on a holiday and then they make it this whole personality like six months made job.
Speaker 2: I spent that much money on this bloody ol and I gotta recoup the cost by talking about it for the next run.
Speaker 3: That's so funny because I saw a video of people saying, you know, when your friend goes on holiday and it's all they talk about, like no one cares. Have you seen that viral video recently? Oh? Anyway, it's funny, but it's like.
Speaker 2: That one we made that time when your friend gets back from bali tits, glits and bung its.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was funny.
Speaker 2: Anyway, My ro Flush is my new number one Broadway or musical show of all time.
Speaker 3: I saw that you talk about this.
Speaker 2: Death becomes her. I can't shut up about it. It becomes her, death becomes her. It's a new musical on Broadway. And obviously I saw it when I was over there. I went in blind. I'd never seen the movie. It's originally a movie with Meryl Streep, Goldiehorn and Bruce Willis in it, and it is a it's an iconic movie. I did watch it on the way home. It was actually on the plane on the little screen on the back of the seat, and I watched it on the way home.
Speaker 3: Why did you just describe a TV like that on the little screen on the back of the seat. It emphasize that it's not like I.
Speaker 2: So I'll get no. Let me explain So the reason I said that is because I didn't want people to I didn't want to say I watched it on the plane and people assume that I watched it on Netflix or something, because I don't know whether it's available on any of those. So it's not like I could say I'm not gate keeping the movie. The thing is, it's on the back of the seat in the plane. So the only way that you can watch it, to my knowledge, is on the back of the seat in the plane.
Speaker 3: Welly, can you not watch it on Netflix?
Speaker 2: I don't know where it is. That's why I distinguished that I watched it on the screen, on the back of the screen, and the planet anyway, So it's on the back of the seat. Yes, it's on the back of the seat, because well that can be all sorts of places, depending on where you sit.
Speaker 3: Typically watched the one on the back of the.
Speaker 2: Repmber though, when they weren't on the back of the seat, and you had to get given the little tablet the big thick tablet, and that was your entertainment, I think I remember, and you had to pay for it. I remember when we went to America in two thousand and six, Mum had to pay however many dollars to actually get given the big I.
Speaker 3: Never went on a family holiday.
Speaker 2: We don't have time. We don't have time to get into we don't have time to get into the trauma. Just read the book read Just Getting Started by Britney Saunders.
Speaker 3: No, we did go camping one time on the Central Coast, Shelley Beach.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep, nice that if you're going to go anywhere camping on the Central Coast, though, Shelley Beach is up there in one of the top spots. So that's all right, Because I thought you were gonna say, too clear, Norah Head or something with beach gorgeous.
Speaker 3: I've actually got a hilarious story from that trip if you have a spare two seconds. Yes, it's not probably that funny, but just maybe think. So we went. It was Easter and we went camping to Shelley Beach caravan Park. The only holiday that I'd ever been on. This is where my mum and dad were together. That's the only holiday we ever went on. I must have been six, and my sister and I like really excited around Easter time because we'd always get good like presents for Easter, like pajamas and the eggs chocolates and whatever. And that year we got an electric Barbie car. Each and then like we had like all our eggs in the electric Barbie car.
Speaker 2: And is it one of those ones remote contry?
Speaker 3: Yeah, remote control car, like the plastic thing with the wheels, and I.
Speaker 2: Probably got one the same year, but it was Stuart Little.
Speaker 3: Oh no, the same way that you described the TV sy Anyway, I don't know why I so vividly remember this, like it was a core memory, Like I created a core memory at Shelley Beach, the caravan park.
Speaker 1: But Emma and I.
Speaker 3: Got those little remote control cars, and so we were you know when you go camping and you just like play in the streets of the caravan park. We were driving the things around, and all of our cousins were there, and we were creating like a human like all standing with our legs apart and letting the cars go like in between our legs, like creating a tunnel. And for some reason, I sat on the aerial. I sat on the aerial of.
Speaker 2: The I'm so sorry, Like you know how they.
Speaker 3: Just have that big like the metal stick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. I'm just baffled.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I sat on it like I must have half fallen. And then I remember running into our we were staying in like a cabin thing, running in there screaming like poked my bum and then my bum was bleeding. And that's my one core memory of my one family holiday. An electric car went up my bum. No whoa yeah, So anyway, shout out to Shelley Beach, good memories, good times.
Speaker 1: And they had a rappid pool there. I wonder if they still have it.
Speaker 3: That was my first time going in like a rapid you know.
Speaker 2: I don't think they do, if I'm honest.
Speaker 3: And I had a broken arm, so I had to my arm up the hot actually it's not like after the Green Whistle, and I had to go in the wrapper pool with my arm up like that with a broken bar.
Speaker 2: Up in the air so I didn't get wet. Oh my god, that's so funny. Anyway, where were we Death Becomes Her? Yeah, it's an iconic movie, and I recommend that you will watch the movie because I really enjoyed it. Although it is trash, like it's a movie that is fucking old. It's so bad, it's good in my opinion, it's old, and I think it came out in the nineties.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh shit, that's so old.
Speaker 2: But it was lutionary at the time because it was like one of the first movies to use facial enhancement technology. Because the whole premise of the whole thing is that it's like two frenemies. They get this potion that lets them live forever and also restores and renews their youth and beauty. And so you see Meryl Street with you know, a couple of wrinkles and stuff. I mean, she didn't have that many back then, but then you can see almost like this instagram feel to like go over the top of her in the movie, and apparently first people to use that. And there's a lot of special effects because obviously they can't die, but things happen to them and they break their neck and things like that, and so all these really funny special effects, which watching in twenty twenty five is tragic, but I'm sure at the time it was revolutionary. And it's also just very camp and very gay, and so I'm surprised I've never actually watched it, but I have, and the movie was great. But the Royal Flush is the Broadway musical, which I just hope and pray comes to Australia before twenty thirty five, because our musical theater industry in Australia is just absolute trash. We first of all, hardly have any real stars of Australian musical theater because they run off to Broadway and fair enough because over there, Broadway stars in America are like real celebrities, whereas in Australia we don't have many Broadway stars that have made a name for themselves just as sorry or musical stars. Obviously we don't call it Broadway here, but you know, because obviously you think, well Casey Donovan is performing in a lot of musicals, but she yeah, Millsy, but they were celebrities before the musicals. But we don't often have people who come from like I love Courtney Monsma who just finished playing Glinda in Wicked, and to me she's a superstar, but to the general public like no one. Not many people really know who Courtney Monsmer is and I wish that they were treated like celebris and that people cared more. Anyway, the point is there's also characters in the musical, which I think if it came to Australia. I'm like, I don't even know if there's anyone who could play that character. And it comes down to, for example, Michelle Williams from Destiny's Child, She's in the Broadway musical. She plays y Olivan Horne, which is the one that gives them the potion, and so obviously gorgeous singer. And I wouldn't call it a stunt casting, which is when you get your Casey Donovan to play because people are gonna come and see Casey Donovan and then that'll get him in the door. So I don't think Michelle Williams is technically like a stunt casting. I think she just like slotted into that role. She plays it perfectly. But then I think about, well, who's a really good singer who could be a stunt cast, who is a person of color in Australia, And my mind goes to Paulini could play her, But then I got who gives a shit about Paulini?
Speaker 3: Didn't you have Thief with Pauline?
Speaker 2: Yes? And now she's up my ass commenting on my VIDs saying how hilarious I am, And I'm like, do you not remember we had a full blown fight in COVID because you were anti vax and sorry, actually allegedly, in my opinion, I should say, she never actually said she was anti vaxxs. But she did come out on a tire rade about the vaccinations, but she didn't actually say she was against them. She just went on a rant about how stupid she thought the whole thing was.
Speaker 3: And I at the time, TikTok all your stories or something, you were having a massive rant about Paulinie.
Speaker 2: I I printed off her face and I threw it in the bin. And who at the time. You have to understand at the time, I was a DJ and a drag queen. My entire industry and life was in the fucking toilet. So then Pauline, and she'd just been on something like I'm a Celebrity or one of those shows, so she was quite notable at the time, and she had a lot of eyes on her. And yes, I got pissed off that she came out and said this is she was on about it being divisive and not enough research, and I said, shut the fuck up, And yeah, I was just over it. Anyway, the point of the fact of the matter is egg on her face, because look at us all now Vaxedin, living life and thank god for that. And I actually the election that just happened haha sucked in liberals, this stupid motherfuckers. Oh my god. The result was amazing, but I think what makes it better for me is knowing that liberals hate their fucking lives. Now congrats. Anyway, I had to get that off my chest. I've been thinking about it all weekend, honestly because Freyer, that Freyer girl on TikTok?
Speaker 3: What is with her? Do you reckon? She just does it like for the three You know these people are deranged. I was watching her videos and.
Speaker 2: You're not making a social clip out of these videos, by the way, take no, please, Hannah, no socials out it. What stays on host rollers stays on hearst rollers or whatever the fuck's saying is. Anyway, it's just been a glorious week. I literally woke up this morning and went, fuck, what a time to be alive because it was scary. It was scary time, especially as a queer person in Australia. You don't know. Also, I could talk about the election for ages, but let's piss that off as well. It can't be bothered. Basically, death becomes. It is the best the soundtracks out now. It's one of those soundtracks where it really drives the plot of the musical so you can listen to the entire soundtrack and you know what's going on, which I love. It's also old Broadways, so very much like big songs with big crescendos, big orchestra, you know, lots of Robrado like you know, I feel like recently our musicals have gone a bit poppy, which is like fine, and I love that. You know, your musical's like Six the musical, it's phenomenal, but the songs are really like pop and dancy and it's thin that's.
Speaker 3: In Newcastle at the moment.
Speaker 1: The musical really yeah, well there's some big musical in Newcastle at the moment.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, it's really really fabulous, Like six is amazing. You should definitely see it if you have the time. But it's yeah, it's more of a pop sound than and and and Juliette as well as another one, even Mulan Rouge being a jukebox musical where they actually use pop song.
Speaker 3: And saw that one and I was like what fuck when they started singing like Britney Spear going on.
Speaker 2: So we've kind of been going down that route for a while, so it's nice to also have a musical that is so traditionally Broadway Anyway. I went into it blind. I didn't know anything, hadn't seen the movie. Oh my god, was I hooked from the get go and then right up until the end. It is my royal flush I now I'm seeing it all over my for you Page's it feels like the Taylor Swift errors tour where you couldn't escape her on your four you page and I loved that, but you remember that time you couldn't get it off your four you? That is me with death becomes her right now, it's all I'm seeing, and I'm all about it, and it's my hyperfixation. I actually have gone down so many routes of like the actresses in the musical, I want to know all about their life. So one of them, Megan Hilty, I've discovered she's like a big celeb in America. This is what I was saying about Broadway stars, like big celebs. And she was in the show Smash, you know, the TV show Smash. Oh anyway, and so I'm learning about the people. I'm learning all the songs just in case it ever comes to Australia so I can audition and I'm loving it. So for all my musical theater nerds, if you haven't, if you're not across death becomes a which I'm sure you are, because just this week it was announced they were nominated for ten Tony Awards, which I'm looking at you, Hannah, so I feel like you're the only one in the room right now. You're the only one in the studio that understands what ten Tony nominations like. That's like, most musicals are lucky to get one. Three is fucking phenomenal. Five, Holy shit, this is a must seat to get ten and that is Best New Musical, Best Leading Actress.
Speaker 1: Do you know all of the ten?
Speaker 2: Most of them? As I said, hyperfixation, okay, I've had never did even sit on my fat ass on the lounge and post velociraptor content alright, Best New Musical, Best Leading, Best Lead is both of the women that are both the leads in the musical, Jennifer Samad and Meghan Hilty. You've got best lighting design, best costume design, I think, best set design, Best director, I think as well, and I can't remember. Oh maybe Best Ensemble is on there as well. I can't remember the rest, but yeah, like ten Tony nominations, which I'm sure if you don't know Tony's are like the Emmys of the Broadway world that is on. Well maybe it's not unheard of. There's definitely musicals that have had that before. But I'm just trying to stress, like that's fucking insane, so good honor. If I was to ever go back to America, it would be to see that on Broadway again. They've just extended this, see it'll.
Speaker 1: Come to Australia if it's that popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, but my thing is like it takes us ten years. And then they've just announced cats. Fuck off, fuck off. We don't want cats, we want mean goals. Why hasn't mean goals? The music will come here? True, I mean, but why haven't all of these big ones. And they've just debuted Boop as well, which I didn't get to see, but it's the story of Betty Boop and it seems like really amazing, and I'm like, I want these new musicals to come to Australia because I'm sick of fucking seeing Hamilton get rid of it, and we don't need cats fuck it off anyway, it's Matt's Around of the week now. But no, no, no, now.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what I've been thinking of. I know your whole four year page is that musical. Mine isn't. But in general, I feel and maybe I don't know. Surely I'm not the only one, but I feel like in recent weeks, or even in the last like month or so, I want to say I'm all four people getting canceled. Obviously, if someone's done something fucking terrible, let's cancel them, Anna, Paul, James, Charles, whoever the fuck else? Jojo. See you are like, if someone's doing something wrong, absolutely, let's call them out and hold them accountable for whatever it is that they've done. Is it just me or maybe you're the same match. Do you feel like the internet is just like super negative lately.
Speaker 2: One hundred and ten percent apart from death becomes her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously you're for you paid every friend.
Speaker 3: But I feel like my whole especially TikTok, like everything is negative, and I'm like, how the fuck can I get away from it?
Speaker 2: Why do you think that is?
Speaker 3: I think, like, again, it's hard to say because I truly think if, especially if people have like massive public platforms and they're doing something wrong, they absolutely need to be held to account and be called out and you know, come forward and say whatever it is that they need to say. But I also think at the same time, and I'm not defending anyone that's like currently being canceled or whatever, but I do feel like, like, in general, I think in the world of social media especially, people are praying to see people's downfall. Like people love to see people collapse and fall and fail, especially if they're I guess, on a pedestal, or if they've got a big platform, or if they've got an a maze life. I think people love to see the downfall. And I saw someone post a TikTok the other day that said, you know, we're in this cancel culture, but no one's actually ever really getting canceled, because people are continuing to watch because they want to watch someone being canceled even though they're not getting canceled, because people are still watching for sure.
Speaker 1: And then we've obviously.
Speaker 3: Had all the Brookie cookie and is it nagi recipe tin eat.
Speaker 2: Not too across a sorry my for you page, Its just.
Speaker 1: Death becomes Okay, you're not on board with this.
Speaker 2: I know that recipe Tin Eats. Is that the Nagi Nagi? Yeah? She said that Brookie stole her caramel slice recipes almost word for word. Yes, And then that's about all I know.
Speaker 3: And then I think there was another recipe as well, and the Bucklovar recipe. And what made it obvious apparently allegedly that she copied is recipe Tin Eats accidentally left out a step, and she has apparently I don't know if I'm writing this, but she's acknowledged that, like, oh, by the way, in this recipe of mine, I've accidentally left out this step. But then Brookie has also left out that step in her book.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, I didn't know that part.
Speaker 3: Apparently this is just from what I've seen on my TikTok. And again, like if people are out there copying others and whatever, like call them out do the thing. But I don't know. I'm just fucking I'm sick of the negativity on my for you page.
Speaker 2: And I will say, if you are going to plagiarize.
Speaker 1: Just change it a bit.
Speaker 2: You could have know, you gotta be smart about it. You can't take three fucking recipes from the same person. Take one from me, I take one from Donna Hay and Jamie Oliver and everyone, because if you take everything from one person, of course they're going a clue on to it. She could have been so smart because I feel like, if it was just the caramel slice, she could have got away with.
Speaker 1: Caramel slice is a caramel slice.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying AJ on the weekend when I was like seeing all these videos, I'm like, why wouldn't she just like change some of the And this is if she has done it. I'm not saying she has. You know, if you're gonna copy someone's recipe, why don't you just like.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's done it. I'll stay it with my full chest. She's done it because you've just said the backla a one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one's a bit of a giveaways.
Speaker 2: Miss there too.
Speaker 3: Come on, But if you're gonna go to the effort of doing that, you know, fifty grams of sugar, thirty grams of butter, why don't you just change it by like five grams? Like I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't make shit from scratch, So I'm not exactly.
Speaker 3: Sure, but surely if you take like five grams of sugar out and add an extra five grams of butter.
Speaker 1: It's not really going to change the flavor that much.
Speaker 3: I could be wrong, but like, just change.
Speaker 2: I think you're so wrong, Like I actually do think that a ten gram difference you would change the like if you're I mean, what do I know? I don't know for most I mean I can't talk because when I cook, I just go. I don't measure anything. I just measure with my heart. But I think that if you were trying to make a cookie, I literally think that like ten.
Speaker 3: Five frands of sugar would make a difference.
Speaker 2: Would be the difference between a hard and a soul, or a fluffy or a brittal.
Speaker 3: I need to get one of the recipe team eats. I need to make that and then I need to change it slightly by five grams and then see how different it turns out. But anyway, all I want to say is, like, my like the internet is such a negative place. Like I feel like we had so much fun speaking about America again, Like we went to coach Ella. We were dressed in Bunning's outfits. I feel like that's like the first fun thing that I've seen in fucking ages, like when it comes to influences, if that's what you want to say, but otherwise, like it's just I open my TikTok and I'm scrolling and it's just like negative and makes me feel like shit.
Speaker 2: But I feel like there's a very simple explanation for this. Like you saying all of this, I go, of course, the Internet is negative because the world is so negative, especially what's going on in America with Donald Trump. I mean, hello, everyone there is their lives, the tariffs, the conversations we're having about that, blah blah blah. Here in Australia, we've just been through an election. It was high strong emotions for the last two months. Let's say out on top of that, the cost of living crisis out on top of that, on top of the cost of living crisis, going to the shops and there's no eggs, Like all these little things make people angry. Understandably, everyone's on edge in the whole world. Where do they let that out? It's got to be the Internet.
Speaker 3: Well, I think the thing that made me realize this, Like, obviously we all know that the Internet has a lot of like negative stuff happening at the moment, and most of it is for the right reasons. But I think us going to America and us making that stupid, fun, silly content that we made, I think it just made me realize, like I want to have more fun on social media for sure, you know. Yeah, So if people want the good vibes and the fun come to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. And I think we're going to do more fun things like and silly things like that. I think, like I mean, for the last six months, I feel I haven't taken myself too seriously online, but I definitely have in the past and overthinking what to post, when to post, blah blah. I think America just with the sheer amount of content we made. My whole thing was doesn't matter when you posted.
Speaker 3: We were like seven am at home, Fuck it, let's post this first pido now.
Speaker 2: And everyone loved it, I know, and I think as well, Like you know, we did the carousel post at Coachella of some sort, and it really wasn't even that revolutionary of a post, but it ended up getting what like twenty five thousand likes or something.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that you drunken one?
Speaker 2: No, oh, that went well as well. But the other one, the first one with your.
Speaker 1: Pants around your ankles.
Speaker 2: Thought I was fucking the mattress.
Speaker 3: I was not fucking the mattress.
Speaker 2: For context, I was trying to take my pants off.
Speaker 3: And I you are the bed praying. You were like, oh, pray.
Speaker 2: At the end of the bed.
Speaker 3: I wish everyone could have been there, like, I'm getting you the bin. You need the bin.
Speaker 2: As soon as the bin came over, it was onl like Donkey Kong fucking our Moomo meadows love. Honestly, I honestly never want to read that.
Speaker 3: I haven't watched a quick video in about a week. I need to watch it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were watching it every half an hour.
Speaker 3: I was watching it. The citizen woke up just because it was making me. Imlaying in better night watching it.
Speaker 2: Just anyways, this guy so funny and yeah, okay whatever. I don't know anyway.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying is.
Speaker 2: The point is the internet is very negative, and I also think as well, the Internet is skew if if that's the word. Like, what I'm finding is when I open the comment section, it is the opposite of what I thought I would be reading. One good example is the breakdown of Jojo Siwa and Kath Ebbs and that playing out online and obviously, if you don't know the context, quick whip on. That is that Jojo Siewa was dating Kath Ebbs. Kath is an Australian content creator and actor, and they were dating. Jojo went on Celebrity Big Brother and over in the UK and ended up catching feelings by looks of it, for this other celeb called Chris, and then had this big thing in them house like I don't know who I am, I don't know what I want to do, like I'm having all of these feelings I've ever had before, and basically played out the breakdown of her relationship on Big Brother.
Speaker 3: By the way, what a flashback to Tully Smythe and Drew from back in the day.
Speaker 1: I remember eating that shit up and that was back in.
Speaker 3: Like twenty and fourteen thirteen because Tully had a girlfriend and then hooked up with Drew.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so sure it was literally like the exact.
Speaker 3: Same same thing, yes, but it was a full like intimate relationship like hooking up. I remember being so mad, and.
Speaker 2: Remember they were hooking up in the pool and Ben was sorry, that was so funny, but yeah, I think, like, what shocked me is I've seen that, and my opinion on it is, what the fuck Jojo? Yeah, I think that's a disgusting thing to happen, and then to come out of the house and break up with Kath straight.
Speaker 3: Away, and Kath asked, can you pay for a business class flight a home? And Jojo refused and said, my team is not comfortable doing so. Yeah, your team wasn't in the relationship. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the shocking thing is you open the comments and like pretty much everyone in the comments section is siding with Jojo, and my thing is that it's mind boggling to me. I'm like, I think it's crazy what Jojo has done.
Speaker 3: I think it's crazy too. I think it's good that, so, like the only way that I can say it's good. It's good that Jojo, I guess had some time off like being so performative and could think about like who she really is and whatever. But the fact that it was on national international television, Yeah, while the partner was watching, is that's where it's wrong. Yeah, it's great that she's had a discovery. She's so young, like twenty one. Yeah, you don't even need to be in a fucking relationship. Literally, yeah, wait till you're thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I just feel like I opened the comments thinking, oh, here we go, we'll have a laugh here, and it's the total opposite to And that's not just Jojo. I feel like that's across the board, but the Jojo think was a good example of that. Oh honestly, can everyone just put on a Bunning's uniform and shut the fuck up.
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, that's another episode done and dusted. It feels good to be back. And you're not back yet. Technically, you're still in America recording to your Instagram stories.
Speaker 1: Where are you posting that you are today?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I've actually wrap it up before this episode goes live, and I might pretend I get home last night. Yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just on a roller coaster.
Speaker 3: Now I'm home. Yeah, you caught the roller coaster home.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm feeling good. I'm feeling refresh, I'm feeling reborn, like I feel like I've entered a new era. I feel like Scrollers is entering a new era as well. We might have some surprises for the Scrollers over the next few weeks, maybe hopefully Fingers crossed, Hannah. I'm just putting it in writing so that you get everything sorted for us, because we don't lift a fucking finger here.
Speaker 1: Speak for yourself anyway.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening, Scrollers. It feels good to be back, and I'm sure I'll be well across everything now because I've got nothing to do but sit me lounge and pretend I'm in America. So with that said, rate us five stars. Don't forget you can email the show everything an email, everything's in.
Speaker 3: The Actually, we have gotten a few comments and messages like did you get my email? But like we want something good, we want something juicy, like I think Hannah said, people email just say hi, love the pod, like we're not going to read out those like we love those. Yes, we want give us a juicy story. You know. That's what I'm saying when we say email us, send us a good, juicy story and then we'll absolutely read it out in the pod.
Speaker 2: If you want to chat as well, like say hello, should we just get some scrollers on and just call in and just chat to it?
Speaker 1: I reckon we should do something like that one time where we.
Speaker 3: Call people absolutely the Scrollers Hotline.
Speaker 2: Quick whip with the scrollers.
Speaker 3: Yes, we can do it in a quick whip episode perfect which, by the way, another one of those.
Speaker 2: Is coming anyway, Jael, I'll better let you go. I gotta go crush a car with an army tank.