Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to the official Supercoach AFL show. Al Paydon here with some Supercoach experts gathered together for We're calling this the first episode of twenty twenty five because twenty twenty four season is done and dusted. It's all about next year and we have some really interesting players to talk about with the conclusion of the AFL trade period, so we get stuck into that in a second with my very good friends Patch. Great to have you back. Did you enjoy the Yeah, supercoachy year. Did you enjoy the trades?
Speaker 2: No, it was terrible. It was the period goes for both too long and not long enough, and it's just I wish I could have tinned out like I did most years, but it's my job now so or it's our job now, but anyway, it was. It was fine. We get lots of super Coach stuff out of it, though, and that's fun, so I'm keen to talk about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, This is the good part and very excited. It's going to be some big changes, new things coming for twenty twenty five. Just all will be unveiled over the course of time, but a little teaser today is a brand new member of the podcast team. Chloe Williams you've probably seen her on the social has been doing some great work for us this year in a super coach base, currently ranked one hundredth in super Coach NBL. But we're not going to talk about that. We're talking about Supercoach AFL. Chloe. Great to have you on board.
Speaker 3: Happy to be here, patch already style my happy New Year jokes. I don't really have anything left in that regard, but yeah, a bit more of an NBL expert at the moment, but much more comfortable with AFL.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest, excellent, that's what we will get into the next already, just stealing all of your thunder Thank sorry, great, great, so welcome to be part of the team, but great to have you on board. So we've seen plenty more of Chloe around the traps over the next twelve months and going forward so with a fresh new look and everything for twenty twenty five. If you're out there, subscribe on Spotify, Apple, wherever you listen to podcast. Leave a rating and review to help other people find the show, and let's get into the exciting world. Wasn't very exciting for about a week trade period, and then It got very exciting for about five minutes last night, and then we get to dissect what it all means for super Coach in twenty twenty five. And I think this could be one of the more relevant trade periods that we've had for a while. We like to talk about it each year that a new club can create new opportunities, and usually there's one or two. Last year, we had a guy called Brodie Grundy, you don't if you remember him, sounds familiar, who was an interesting case for us coming into the season at a new club. And then you know, James Jordan was a good example of someone who goes to a new team, gets a good role, some more opportunity and was a handy sort of value pick for us at the start of the year. But I think there could be plenty more names this year that we might be looking at picking. So it spoiled for choice, yeah, exactly. And one thing that when I was making some notes about this earlier is a lot of these could be potentially in the Ford line, which I was very worried about at the end of this season, thinking, you know, we didn't have a great list of players to choose from this year and then we're going to lose a bunch with DPP changes, so that could be really handy if a few of these guys come in as forwards for us. But we'll go through some names. We've got him under different headings, and let's just go back with some forwards and debate because I think we can. There will be some contentious classifications, but we'll start. I think with the guy that I saw the fans and beat me to the punch boy about one second on Twitter last night as soon as the deal went through to say.
Speaker 2: Got to be first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I was actually working and he wasn't, so give him. He has a had a needge on me there. But Caleb Daniel now a Kangaroos player, does that mean he's someone we want to pick in our super coach teams? Because he was very cheap at the end of the season. And if he's cheap, and I mean, the thing that just made me want to go and pick him straight away is Marty passed. His manager was on trade radio and the quote from him was, he'll play half back. He wants to be free and happy.
Speaker 2: Don't we all?
Speaker 1: Don't we all?
Speaker 2: Caleb? He's the first pick for mine. He's just like, it's a no brainer.
Speaker 3: I guess it could be the twenty twenty five version of Danes Orco the half back in the forward line, with an even better price point as well. So I'm totally on board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean to me, it sounds like Jack Zebel about three years ago. He was forward at the start of the year in Super Coach, price to like two hundred and fifty K, and then he went to half back and averaged over one hundred. He averaged forty nine point nine this year. Daniel in fifteen games, but he was the sub in eight of those, so his price is going to be way way down. He finished the year priced at two hundred and fifty two K. He was actually under two hundred K with a couple of rounds to go and just had a couple of good games to finish the year. But so that's just a bit of an indication. Doesn't mean that's exactly where we started next year, but he will be very, very cheap. So if he is, if he was eligible, well that's the thing. I mean, he was a mid forward this year, but he was sort of I mean, he was the sub more than anything. So I'm not really sure we're champion DH all plump him for next season. But I mean he's going to be cheap wherever he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think probably all starting regardless of even if he's mid only. I think the value there is too good and the DPP will come if he's playing off half back and if he's taking kick ins at North that's oh that's cash money.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean I mentioned Ze, but we know what they wrong at North yea with a good friend Zach Fisher this year. Even it's to put up some good scores at different times of the year. But you know, obviously Cheesels mckirch's Aaron Hall back in the day, like, yeah, we know what that can be like. So yeah, tick tick tick for Caleb Daniels. So we love him. But I mean the Bulldogs actually have generated plenty of good potential picks for us guys getting out of the Bevo atmosphere, Yes, exactly, and maybe you know, giving themselves a consistent role like we think Daniel will and another one Bailey Smith probably the biggest name potentially that changed clubs and he will be one of the most popular picks I think next year, just because after missing a year with a knee injury. He's going to come in at a massive discount and you would think Chloe walks straight into the Geelong midfield.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely think he'll walks straight in there. And I guess for me four forty eight. You know, it's one of those value sort of price tags. That's what he was priced at this year anyway, one of those value price tags that most of the time you're a bit fifty to fifty on. But I think with what we've seen him do, most people will be one hundred percent and plus the potential forward eligibility as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he was mid forward at the start of this year and because he didn't play with Hume, he will be that again next year. So again, yeah, that's going to be a massive help to fill out our four lines. And if he gets a thirty percent discamp for not playing it all this year, that brings him under four hundred k properly. So yeah, it's going to be very hard to pass up.
Speaker 2: Yep. Absolutely, I'm another guy in the forward line who gets a change of scenery. Shae Bolton, you're loving Shay your premiership player at the Tigers heads West for a bumper hand of draft picks. Didn't have a great year this year, only average seventy seven point two from.
Speaker 1: The Richmond did that well, you may may have missed that.
Speaker 2: No, can you film me in?
Speaker 1: Can you give me just.
Speaker 2: The blow by blow of the entire season from a Richmond perspective for us?
Speaker 1: Maybe a super Coach plus special some stage over.
Speaker 2: The Breaz the sixth part of one hour episodes breaking down Richmond season. But no, he's someone that can play football quite well and can score Supercoach points quite well. Ow would you be interested? I'm bringing him in.
Speaker 1: I think it really does depend on what the forward line looks like next year for options, because he gonna lose a few players like Zorko, you mentioned Heeney, guys like that. You know Joe Corwell won't be available as a forward next year. Flanders. I'm not really sure where he's going to be positioned, but tpp. But so he could be one of the players we might consider, and he will be. I think he'll be unders for what he can do, so will be priced that he's seventy seven average this year, he averaged ninety six point seven the year before, and he's sort of been more in the eighties kind of guy in a few years before that. So, I mean, where do you think he fits in at Frio because we know he can play that actual classic mid forward role and your King goals is probably where he gets a lot of his points from. But obviously getting some CBA's definitely helps. Yeah, that I sort of feel like, I think he'll score higher than he did this year, but can he get back up to that ninety close to one hundred when that freo midfield's pretty hard to crack?
Speaker 2: L Chloe and I were looking at the Center Bounce attendances for Frio earlier, and it's not pretty if you're not one of just long with his favorites. So yeah, it was it was basically Sarrong, Ray Shaw, Young five and was it Johnson was the last one I was getting a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, well behind those other groups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's basically if he picks his four, they're the four little rotate through with the ruck and unless say, you can get into that, or unless they change the way they set that up, yeah.
Speaker 3: I might make a bold call and just say I'm not going to go there. I don't think. Okay, on the way you know, I just don't think that he'll consistently hit that hundred, just because I don't know if there will be that balance between goals and CBA's. I think it'll either be heavily relaying on goals and you know how we all went with that Charlie Kurno towards the end of the year. It doesn't always work out the best, even if they are a great player.
Speaker 1: So yeah, consistency you mentioned there is the thing like looking up his twenty twenty three season when he did average nearly ninety seven, he had four scores over one hundred and forty and three under sixty, So you know, are you prepared to ride that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the problem is he'll probably he'll get cheap at some stage and then he'll put out a couple of these massive scores and that's when you'll be really tempting, but then you've probably missed them.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think we can get forwards that will be definitely playing midfield minutes. I would rather put my eggs in.
Speaker 2: That basket to play briefly play Devil's avocado, though you've got he might be three under three field, Kay, which if we don't have any other good primos, we might have a forward line of Bailey Smith, Caleb Daniel if his Ford eligible, Shaye Bolton, a few other names we'll get to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the little teaser there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, but I think.
Speaker 1: I think he's on the watch list. But yeah, probably, there's definitely a few question marks around there. But I think, you know, just from a pure footy perspective, I think Freer I've got a great player. Obviously they played a pretty heavy price for him, but they're you know, they sort of think they're coming into the window and he he could.
Speaker 2: I think he's in that role as an X factor up forward and you know, some games he'll go one to eighty and some games he'll go forty. That's just how it'll roll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what he's like. I mean, we before we get off the Bulldogs. Jack McCray is another one that super coach favorite, who again was a mid forward this year. Have to check on his numbers to see where he played a game. You know, it was used as the sub four times. So hard to know whether if he gets forward eligibility next year going into this and Kilda midfield, is he is he back. I mean, he averaged seventy two to seventy three this year, It was ninety nine last year, and then you know one hundred and twenty fifteen years before that. But he is, you know, the wrong side of thirty.
Speaker 3: I think it's hard to tell personally, just because, first of all, I'll just say thanks to Bevo for the price drop bringing us into thee. But at the same time, you have to wonder why was there that shift away from the midfield and will he be able to replicate his previous form in that role. Obviously we all questioned Bevo at times, but what was his reasoning really for taking McCray out of that role? Is there a secret there that.
Speaker 1: You can but yeah, no, you know, if he wasn't you've got your Bond and chi Law and liber in there. And if McCray sort of dropped out of the top three or four, does he automatically become a gun meet again?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, does he get the chance to do that role? You know, they've they've got Jack Steel in there. You know, they had a Crouch in there that's it's now no longer part of it. But their midfield has been criticized of being very one paced. For a few years now, they've spoken from a recruiting level about trying to bring pace in and all the players they bring in a quick Jack McCrae is not quick, as I say that as someone who is also not quick game respect game, but I don't know if he slides into the first rotation at every center bounds. I don't know if he and Jack Steel split time, if mccrage plays forward, or if he's on a wing, if he plays backup rock play, who knows. I trust Ross almost as much as I trust Luke Beveridge, and that's not a lot.
Speaker 1: Looking at Jack mcgray's CBA number, so in twenty twenty one he had seventy seven percent, and that's when he was one of the top mids in the comp, and then they've gradually dropped over the last few years, sixty four percent, thirty six percent. In this year is twelve percent, So you think he's going to improve on that.
Speaker 3: I think that especially. It kind of depends because you hit the nail on the head with the pace issue that they've got at the Saints, But then they did have seb Ross playing that role, So it's whether they want to directly replace him, or whether they are looking to change things up, which I think will probably be the decider in whether or not we see him at an optimal amount of center bounces.
Speaker 1: So yeah, preseason, which I guess to try to engage what they do there, because you think Philip, who would be probably a starting CBA mid you'd think to it, and he's someone we will be looking at very closely.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yeah, I'm interested what McCray does to the make cup of the side. But even then, you know they might value someone like a Hugo Garcia in that mid forward role a little bit more because he's quicker, layers more tackles like maybe that's yeah, it'll be interesting to see. I think you're right, Chloe, it'll be a pre season wise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've invested in him, so you think they've got something in mind. But now the other we've been sort of bearing the lead here because the most exciting name of the entire trade period. I don't know who to go to here first, because I know you're both absolutely massive events. Sure, James Peedling, now an Adelaide crow, has shown some serious supercoach scoring potential in glimpses at the Giants again, someone who's plenty of times he's been used as the sub, got a bit of a decent running towards the end of the year and put up some pretty good numbers. Again, question marks weird exactly does he go into the Crow's lineup. But yes, there's a lot of people very very keen on me.
Speaker 2: I am very keen. It's me. Yeah, Well you spoke, you know, after that running out of three games in around the middle of the year where he's up, and I've written down his scores since, like post that game, all the way to their semi final elimination. He scored ninety three, one point thirty three, ninety three, one hundred forty ninety seven, ninety nine and sixty six in that last game where I think he got I don't want to say tagged, but got some attention after playing very well early and then the Giants fell apart. But I am if he's forward eligible nearly picked ahead of Daniel.
Speaker 1: Well, he's another one here, so he's mid forward this year, so and again being the sub so many times, it's really hard to know. I'll have to wait and see whether he retains it. What if he's in the midfield, he'll be So he finished the year what fourteen K, so you would be around there four one hundred and four to fifty K.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's a much harder self. Yeah, in the midfield, I again, it'll be a pre says and watch and again with the Saints, the Crows have just been so bad at having a one paced midfield that's boring to watch, boring to pick apart from supercoach perspective, he offers something slightly different, but also I don't know if I trust Matthew nicksdag actually change it. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Chloe, Well, it kind of comes down to would you think that he would go above Saliga and Sam Berry who made a late emergence in that midfield at the end of the year, and someone like a Rory Laird potentially as well, just to kind of take over that role. I did have the same scores noted down that you had in the one the game round twenty when he got one hundred and thirty three twenty cbas, when he got one hundred in round twenty two sixteen cbas and then when that forty popped up in round twenty three, five Cbas and then obviously there were times he was the sub as well, which I think led to such a volatile scoring and a potentially great price point. But most games where he played a full game, we saw great scoring potential, which is why I'm such a fan, and I do personally think that he will slot into that Adelaide midfield and hopefully we'll be getting what we want. If he is just a mid option, I'm probably with you there where it would take a little bit more convincing, but as a forward one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depends on rookies and structures and all that else, but from a mid perspective, but yeah, I yeh comes down to as much watching Matthew Knicks as it does James Peeling in the preseason. So I trust Peteling, I don't trust Matthew Nicks.
Speaker 3: There will be a lot of players as well, kind of around that four hundred markets. It's seeming like depending on how prices look, But.
Speaker 2: Even I think that you have to kind of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll it'll be a big decision which players to pick from that group, because some of them will obviously has always proved to be great value, and then others might not quite cut it, but I think definitely Peteling high on the watch list.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, if you take out all those sub games every ninety two point five, so yeah, and then you're probably going to get in priced at sixty five. And do you get like, you know, six weeks of ninety scoring out of him and then cash him in kind of thing.
Speaker 2: God, I didn't realize the twenty three five podcast was are rated?
Speaker 1: Oh keep talking dirty to me? Well, there were the five, yeah, five names that we really really like, and then there's a few other well lots of that we can talk about as possibilities. Dan Houston one of the I don't know if I really want to get Dan Houston's name again for a while. How many twists and turns out took during the trade period, how many stories we published about Dan Houston when nothing was happening, but the trade thankfully did actually happen.
Speaker 2: And in the end, if it hadn't happened, I would have gone twelve but something, even if it was like a tree or a bush or just some graph. But the amount of times I had to like find different photos of Done Houston and try and be like, have we used this one in the last week? I don't know. We've used twelve this week, so anyway he's moved. He's a pie. Good for him, probably bad for Port Adelaide, but we're not We don't care about actual football. We're all about the imaginary football. Chloe, Are you picking him?
Speaker 3: I think I will, Yeah, just because of that role at Colinwood. Obviously he'll still slots trading. We've seen what Nick Daycoss has done from that half back position and it is Houston after all, so I think it'd be silly. Not too personally.
Speaker 1: He's averaged one o six the last two years at Port, so he's in their top bracket of defender, so he's not going to be cheap.
Speaker 2: How can I say he's like all Australian?
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe once or maybe twice twice.
Speaker 1: I mean, does he get the kick ins at the post so there's no John Noble there anymore? I guess no.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I feel like if you bring in a guy who is known for his kicking and can broot at sixty meters, you're not going to keep giving the ball to Darcy Wore at kickouts, Like no real knock on Darcy Moore. But yeah, like it's surely he takes kick out. Surely he's the number one distributor out of the back line. Surely he maintains that average at the very worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, at least about on. You know, we can be in speaking in October, we can be very confident about his role. Like some of these other guys, where does Peopling fit into the Crows team? And we know what Dan Houston down Houston is.
Speaker 2: Not playing full forward for Collinwood next year.
Speaker 1: He's not going to be the zub No.
Speaker 3: They've got him in for a reason, and I think that that reason will produce plenty of super Coach points, as it has at Port.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you're probably paying for what you to get, but it's a pretty safe, pretty sick better and maybe there's a little bit extra you can put on top.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think picking him will come down to whether or not you want to go for value in the back line or it's like a breakout candidate or all the rookies back there or whatever it is. I feel like it's going to be a structural reason that you wouldn't pick him, as opposed to a form reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he would definitely be yeah, in that PreO bracket to.
Speaker 2: Will he improve? Probably not, but you know what you're getting yep.
Speaker 1: I suppose we should mention that he's suspended for around just the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you won't start him opening round his back and with that.
Speaker 1: We don't know that it's good. Interesting, that's why you listen to these podcasts. They're kind of expert into it. And we talked about Adelaide, another guy there that I actually am keeping quite a keen eye on his Isaac coming. He came in as a free agent from the Giants. Again, he's probably going to be really annoying price of like four hundred and four to fifty or something like that, but only played six games this year. I actually only played four home and away game. So we will get a bit of a discount hopefully from the often to calculate the prices, so we'll see those in maybe early December usually, so we'll be all over those when they come out. But so you know, there will definitely be some value there, I think because he did have one breakout year in super Coaching twenty twenty two when he averaged ninety five and the key stat that year is that he took one hundred and twenty nine kick ins and was the number one man at GWS this year. He took one for the entire season.
Speaker 2: Not a lot numbers, but one is decidedly less than one hundred and nine exactly.
Speaker 1: So he can sort of play out back, push up onto a wing maybe so again and will be that adelaide What is the adelaide best? Actually, I think we've got no idea how we connecting best twenty three, So I might have to go and look at that after this and see where did we stick Petland because sorry, well yeah yeah, but also coming because I think if he's a kick in guy, he's someone will will consider. This year, just the kickings at the Crows, they didn't really have a you know, a dominant kicking player like a Luke Royan or somebody. It was Mark Kean and Mitch Hinge sort of split them with a few other guys. So this is an opening there potentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, possibly, It depends on what role they bought him in for and if he's a dashing half back, if he's on a wing, I'm not interested, but yeah yeah, if he's behind the ball, then perhaps I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't too keen until I just heard you mention Mitch Hinge because he was someone who I was kind of watching from Afar at the end of last year. Never enough to bring him in, but I was just interested in his scoring capacity and he did pretty well at the end of last year. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but if Isaac Cumming was to assume that role, then I would be interested. I think it's just another one of those ones where it's a bit of a preseason what's just to see exactly where they'll put him. Hopefully they won't move him around, but you know, it's Nick, so yeah.
Speaker 2: We'll see no.
Speaker 1: Hinge averaged ninety three point five this year, so yeah, yeah, I mean I guess he's he's going to be there. But yeah, the role, as we know is good. You know, pretty much had any team. So yeah, he's on the watch list for me. Now would you put these guys on the watch list? Their producers chucked him in here on the maybe pile, but I'm not so sure. I mean, Liam Baker to West Coast. As you know, Richmond fans absolutely love Li and Baker, and I think West Coast fans will will soon, So they're not huge fans of him right now. By the sounds of it, but more to do with the list management strategy than anything Bakes has done. I think pretty hache to walk straight into that, I think, and you first day of the club Luke Park at the North definitely you would think opportunities but probably not gonna be super cheap. And the other one here, maybe Chloe you could speak to because I know is one of your favorites. Talk about moaning about all my Richmond favorites leaving, but Matt Kennedy leaving Carlton and he's gone to the Bulldogs replacing Jack McRae. Maybe, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was a bit of a sad, sad time yesterday. I actually threw my phone away for the last hour of the trade period, hoping that it wouldn't get done. But deep down I knew that it would get done, just because I knew that they'd get Jack mccrade a the Saints. So I checked and it was about I think it was a minute past seven point thirty. I saw that it had come through.
Speaker 1: But that's too late they can Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, terrible for me as a cart and supporter. I get what they're trying to do, but in terms of super coach, I'm sniffing a bit of an opportunity. I'm not sure yet whether I'll go there. It depends how everything pans out. With rookies, it's that awkward price point potentially mid four hundred K, but there is that potential forward eligibility as well. I did have a couple of numbers in front of me too, so we've got I don't know. I guess it does depend on his role as well. Right, so at the end of last year, round fifteen he got one hundred and sixteen with twenty seven cbas and round nineteen one hundred and twenty with seventeen CBAS. I will note as well that Round fifteen, Game eight right contests.
Speaker 2: Luke Beveridge just eyebrows.
Speaker 3: And another consistent theme in these numbers was just a lot of score involvement. So it will be interesting to see how the Dogs plan to use him, whether they use him in a McCray roll, which would be disappointing for him because that was kind of his role at Carton.
Speaker 1: They pressed out of the midfield.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but if I'm not quite sure what they're going to do, whether they're looking to maybe give him some more minutes instead of Liver in the middle potentially or you know, BoNT likes to spend a lot more time forward than someone like a Crips would, so he might get his opportunity there. And I think if he does get the opportunity, I personally rate him quite high. I am a can't support it, but as sort of that clearance midfielder, I would back him in to be able to produce a pretty decent score. So, especially at that price point as well, I would say it's worth of consideration.
Speaker 1: But you know, he has a game that he can score. It's just yeah, does he get the opportunity, does he get the role? I mean the big one for us, does he get forward eligibility? Because if he's been four that's the eighty k in the midfield, you wouldn't go there, but midfield, yeah, you could consider it. So he was the sub four times this year twenty twenty two is his sort of career best season average ninety seven, So I mean if he got that out of a forward for that sort of price.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And again, you know we've been speaking about a lot of those weird like mid prices in the for mine, can you pick six of them like we'll have to give on some of them. And yeah, Kennedy sounds like he's in that weird bebo limbo, which might work against him. But yeah, I mean if he if say someone goes down with a big injury, then he probably will be the next man something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly that.
Speaker 2: That's unless you know, adjacent to him, Riley Sanders will be want to be watching very closely in the trade period with those players moving out, with McCrae leaving, with Daniel leaving with obviously Smith didn't play this year, but there's obviously, you know, certainly space for someone else to step up. And Sanders, you know, if he keeps that forward eligibility. I don't know where he played in the VFL O dubt it would be in the middle, but our dad it would be forward.
Speaker 1: But yeah, bring up some insane Yeah, Stat's in the VFL was mcrat what's the end of the year, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'd be, you know, the next man up at the dogs are the ones I'd be I'd be very interested in.
Speaker 1: And I mean the other thing we should know to is some of these guys like a Kennedy or coming if you can't quite get yourself to spend the money to put them, take the risk in classic. They're really guys he should be considering in drafts. Oh absolutely, Like if you get them as your sort of third forward or something, Yeah, third defender, you'd be in a pretty good position.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think. Yeah, Liam Baker, I think if he's you know, defense forward this year, if he keeps one of those going to be mid forward, I'll certainly have a look at him, depending on price, depending on roll. If he's he spoke on SCNWA just after the trade that he wanted to play down back and that would be his preferred position. Obviously, him and Minnie McWalter have a really good relationship, so I imagine there'd be some synergy there that he'd either be down back and then maybe switching into the midfield, maybe like swapping with a Reuben Gimbi or someone like that. So I think there's certainly scope for him to score reasonably well. But whether or not that you know, that level outperforms his price point.
Speaker 1: I guess the one thing way for him is he's never settled in one position because he's so good at plugging holes everywhere. But if he did actually just get you know, they decided, well, you're going to be our guy off half back and use him there.
Speaker 3: Maybe I guess it's probably similar to Kennedy in that sense where you know, the last few years both of them have kind of been plugging holes. So if they can nail down a role, then they would definitely both be on the watch list and great draft shouts as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Luke Parker I think is one to keep an eye on for you if he gets full eligibility, which I think he will, which mid even mid season, if you know, watch him for the first six rounds he's playing off half forward, playing a link up role. Maybe he's someone we look at when the DPPs kick in, but or even if they kick in beforehand. Yeah, I'm very intrigued there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just yeah, Unfortunately he's not going to be super cheap because he started this year fairly expensive, yes, and then he was injured and you know, didn't play a lot.
Speaker 2: Although seven games, Yeah, discount for only playing seven games. We'll find out when they encounters release the number of beans worth. Maybe he could be under four hundred thousand beans. That would be cheap beans.
Speaker 1: Will we give you Anye that for sure? Now, the next category we've got is likely awkward price but could have potential. So which is like this is peak draft, Like, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Whoop on these guys. But for classic I don't know.
Speaker 1: Daniel Reoli, Well, yeah he's talking about draft thing. He's got great shout for draft. You know, you know for those absolute top tier defenders has gone. He's sort of definitely in that next little bracket underneath him, and he's average nineties basically just low nineties the last two or three years. Can he get that up to around three figures? I actually, you know, obviously, again we talk about we're all biased, and I'm a big Daniel really fan as a Richmond supporter, and I'm happy to see him leave. Obviously we've got something good for him, so that's great, but good things for him, Yeah we did. Yeah, I think I've read somewhere about Goes just giving away high draft picks.
Speaker 2: They're playing a different game, so like you get.
Speaker 3: You get a cut.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean, obviously Dim is a big fan and if he gets I think he will be great for Gold Coast. So from their point of view, that's one another reason why maybe you know they were prepared to play out. But obviously there's other factors are going to that as well, but in terms of where the club is at, and you know, they obviously just getting picks and academy kids every year, but it's on stage you and certainly I think we're hard week is that wants to put some performances on the field, and I think there's a role there clearly for him. And you think who played there this year, and it's the likes of Alex Sexton, who actually scored alright in Super Coach.
Speaker 2: He win patches, he was fine. I just think he's neat.
Speaker 1: But if he can score, surely dan Rioli is a big upgrade on Alex Sexton for Gold Coast sort of half back free wheeling.
Speaker 2: Understatement of Dan Rioli is an upgrade on Alex Sexton. Yeah, I mean for a non bias take. Chloe, are you interested?
Speaker 3: I am interested, Yeah, just because that role is so obviously there. I mean it does depend on the price.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the thing. He's not. He's not going to be Super Chip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, he might be one of those players that I might not start, but I might be keeping an eye on before his first price rise to quickly pivot to if I get the chance.
Speaker 1: But he's like the Jordan Clark of this year or something like that. Started it wasn't super cheap to start the year, but you know, the value became obvious as we don't see.
Speaker 2: Him finishing as a like a top three defender. But maybe he's in that sixty weight range.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he might finish as the top three.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe, I certainly don't.
Speaker 3: I guess it does depend how he adapts to the role and the lifestyle change pretty much pretty much everything. I'm sure he'll he'll fit in pretty seamlessly, especially with Dimmer there. But you know, playing at people first more often when he's used to the g.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to look up maybe what he's scoring is like when he has gone up there. But another name in this little bracket that I actually am quite interested in again, Chloe will go to you as a Calvin expert. Where do you think Nick Haynes, I mean, is he even in the best twenty three? Because if he is, I mean he said one sort of premo super coach season there was back in twenty twenty when he averaged ninety eight. He's been more around the seventies sort of since then. This year averaged sixty nine in eight games, and he was one of those. But in the VFL he was putting up unbelievable numbers averaged thirty one disposals, nine intercepts, and one hundred and thirty super Coach points. So Carlin, obviously we're looking for some tall defenders. Does he play regularly and you know, can he be that sort of floating interceptor where we know he can actually score a right I think.
Speaker 3: Whether or not he plays regularly is a bit down to how Mitch McGovern's body holds up next year. I think that they probably pick Gov over him in the starting lineup, and then obviously Nick Newman also plays that sort of distributor role. It does depend what they want to do with their game plan as well, because towards the end of the year everything was looking quite stagnant long down the line. So maybe they've brought in Nick Haynes to shake that up a bit. And if that is the case, then they'll put him, they'll start him if they're looking for that change there. But personally, I would say, as it stands at the moment, I don't think he would be in the best twenty three. But if that happy to be proven wrong. And also, yeah, well if the Brody Camp trade had gone through, then you'd be starting Nickaynes, right, But yeah, I think they're pretty keen on continuing to develop Camp as well, So I would say no for now, but it definitely is something that i'd be watching personally and for super Coach in the preseason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's on the watch list. But yeah, again, it's probably sort of three hundred and fifty k type prices.
Speaker 2: If I'm going around that price, I might stump up a little bit more for Harry Perryman me too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think of pyramid? Because it mustn't mean I was pretty surprised when Giants got picked sixteen for him, and Colin obviously was prepared to give a lot of money nine hundred thousand beans a year. Man loves beans.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. They've said they're going to play in midfield, and if he's four hundred k, I'm playing midfield to Collin would like he can't be scoring terribly even if he's kind of a you know, you don't bring someone in on that much money and then like play them off half forward switching field.
Speaker 3: Do you thack Williams, M.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super coach.
Speaker 3: I was just saying we're paying him eight hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Also, like if he leaves the Ford fifty, his hamstring is just a erupt So I feel like that's the bigger factor. Yeah, but yeah, I don't know. I'm very keen on I'm very keen.
Speaker 3: Just because of that defensive eligibility. If you can get someone around for four hundred k and they're a defender and they're playing mid you know that, supercoach gold. So I think I'm interested. I'll just make sure the roll's there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, certainly, Yeah, watching the c but I'm yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I must have been. I don't know. Heaps about Harry per remember I will be.
Speaker 2: I don't know, bar, but.
Speaker 3: I just thought defense four hundred k roll and I thought, you know what, I'm considering that.
Speaker 2: Sign me up?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I mean the Collingwood midfield, there's there's opportunities there, you would think, because I mean, you've got Nick Dakos is probably a permanent midfielder now. But apart from him, you know, they've got Pendles anxiety and these guys who were probably the yeah, I mean Mitchell still Mitchell.
Speaker 2: He's on the list they had had to go.
Speaker 3: A lot of them are kind of asterisk at the moment, I would say in terms of Chris five, Look, Chris.
Speaker 2: Even though like a Finn McCrae is still like you know it, hasn't hasn't stamped himself as a first choice. There they like it Alan, but surely he's not a starting mid unless he tears it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think they're playing Finn McCrae nine hundred beans.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, he's on nine hundred, which is why he's not quiet not quite there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I don't know. I'm interested in him, and I'm also kind of I'm definitely from a draft perspective, but also maybe Alex Neil Bullen like he was overall.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's the key step for him, isn't it. Yeah, that one caught me by surprise. Eighth for total points in the fourth line this year. And when you take out we've already mentioned Aeni and Flanders and all these guys that bumps him up the list, then we might get a few forwards coming in, which would be nice. But yeah, you probably have to consider him, especially in draft.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, in draft. And I think the fact that he doesn't miss many games, you know, kind of quite kind of unassuming, he might slide back a bit. Yeah. I mean again, I think he's neat. I just think he's neat. You know, Melbourne fans love him. Does a lot of the stuff that is unrewarded on a stat sheet and doesn't quite come up, you know, it doesn't listen to the best, doesn't get brad Low votes. But yeah, just a very good player playing a very difficult role.
Speaker 3: If you had to pick, though, would you pick Nielball and not Peteling Petling?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Neil Ball and it. Yeah, I do like him as a player, but I think, yeah, maybe he'd be for draft. I think for me, just because I think you have that saying. Well, I mean we've talked about a few times, but Adelaide will definitely be one of the teams to watch in the preseason. But I think he will slot in probably in that same role that he had of Melbourne, where he's mostly forward and you know he can go up the ground and give him that real sort of a bit of pace around that forward half, and then maybe he frees up a ranking to go into the midfield more of that kind of thing. So again that's sort of some of those flow and effects that you were talking about. So yeah, I mean Adelaide Matthew Nix is going to be a lot of attention on what they do next year, so hopefully they help us out in super coach.
Speaker 2: Is Jack Graham best twenty three at West Coast?
Speaker 1: He thinks, so if they're playing him some beans and didn't they to get him a role not a.
Speaker 2: Huge amount of beans. And he's also like you dealist, free agent, wanted to go home like he's fine, but also they need they drastically need Waffle help as well.
Speaker 1: So I think that you have the MIDI mcqualtera the link there probably sees what he did someone else. This isn't my original take, but made the good point that even though Jack Graham is you know, he's not a superstar by any stretch, and you know he hasn't won too many Best and Fairest, but every time he was available he played for Richmond like hen when he was injured, he just come straight back into the team. I think the coaches obviously all saw something in him that maybe the rest of us stone and it's just I think that huge tank that he's got that you can just run all day and just sort of just give you that one hundred percent effort, which McCord must value. And I think he'll be all right at West Coast, probably enjoy playing it op the stadium over there.
Speaker 2: Bring a tank with it, like a swill trend caterpillars like on the football fields. There's no rules against that says a dog can't play.
Speaker 1: For But yeah, I don't think. I don't think he's a super coach pick for us, So that just leaves I mean, it still leaves plenty of other names because a lot happened in the end. Anyone else here that you like. The one that I must say I did actually look up his numbers was Harry Sharp. I just thought if he's sort of rookie price, and he's probably not going to be a bargain rookie price, but you know, he might be finishing at hundred and eighty four K, so hopefully he might be a little bit cheaper than that. It just obviously depends if he gets games for Melbourne, but if Melbourne have a role there for him. He played six games this year. Three is the sub so that obviously affected his average and his price and everything. Averaged ninety two in the VFL. I mean he's a wing flankers sort of type, so he's not going to put up massive numbers. But I thought Caleb Windsor at the start of this year, I didn't pick him because he was under in eighty K. I thought he's playing on the wing. You know, you're not going to score many points. Yeah, everaged sixty four over the first nine rounds and made one hundred and seventy grand. So could Harry do something like that?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe, But also you know we're looking at one of the best drafts in history, so you know, you stack him up, you're stuck him up next to Jacobs Smith, Like, I'm Jackos Smith.
Speaker 1: Well in Melbourne has two top ten picks, are they yeap, So that's probaly I have Caleb Windsor, yeah, I mean that's the other thing. They've got Winsor and the Langda is still there. So yeah, we're just show up exactly fit in.
Speaker 2: I mean they had the last player they brought him for Brisbane, who we were very sure was going to get gamed home was Tom Fulton. Who does he exist? I don't know, yeah, I mean I think in the same vein. Jacob Constanty is obviously a watch from North.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't familiar with his existence today.
Speaker 2: He's a forward, was a first round, very late first round draft pick a few years ago. The fact that the Ruse want him is maybe something with.
Speaker 1: Jade Rowlings to see the list guy, and he's said at the end of the trade period that he'll be like best twenty three.
Speaker 2: Okay, well he'll be rookie priced. So you know, if he's forward, then certainly one that I'll be watching.
Speaker 1: What about Jake Stringer? Patch one of you about what.
Speaker 2: About Jake Stringer? I don't know who that is? Never heard of him. I mean he's not not in draft, not in like a dynasty league where you've got forty six players in every list. I'm not I don't care. He'll be like he'll be good from a football perspective, from a fantasy perspective, I'm sure you know what you're going to get from Jake Stringer. He's going to be the same same as it ever was, same as he ever was.
Speaker 1: Not the new Jesse Hogan.
Speaker 2: I doubt it, but I have not Look, I don't know, man I stopped spending mental energy on Jack Stringer.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's say another big name. Chloe matt oways.
Speaker 3: It's painful. I'm not gonna lie it's painful, But I would not say he has any super coach relevance unfortunately, although I do wish him the best over in the West.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, some of these other names are Jack Darling, just though in any universe. I mean, he's put down Tom Campbell here and there. Surely I suppose if.
Speaker 3: Put down Tom Campbell under irrelevant.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did, that's true, and Eliitimilberg, which I forgot happened, but you mentioned, Yeah, Tom Campbell's really I mean, obviously he would be aware of the fact, no slote on Tom that he's behind Mexican in the IQ at Melbourne. But Max is getting on a little bit and the long season does tend to wear on him a bit. So maybe if if something happened in and he got his chance, I mean, he scores well in the VFL.
Speaker 3: I don't mind it as a list option for Melbourne, so especially after what happened this year, he could definitely come in and play a role when necessary. So I guess it's you know, it's all hypothetical, but if he was to play a role for a longer period of time, then maybe you could bring him in for a bit of a cash grab. But apart from that, I probably wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Sep any quick fire any interest in Joe Richards.
Speaker 1: No, no, miss missed him this year, so I'm not going to go back John Noble, No, No.
Speaker 2: Rory at Actually I picked I think forty one minutes and forty seconds without talking about Rory Atkins.
Speaker 1: Hading for about six weeks or something in the middle of the year last year, and he was six weeks of your life. I mean, just I just think Roy Akins has done an amazing job to make a career as an AFL footballer. Now to get another year. I think he's on four hundred thousand or something.
Speaker 2: With that, with like the handicap of not being too meters tall, Like if you know Tom Campbell has had a what ten year career, played forty games. Roy Atkins has done the same thing, but he's not very tall and large. Like incredible hats off, But I think it really said at all when Port Adelaide's head a football it was like, oh, we've brought in two people that you know two players we think can really make an impact in our Best twenty two and he was not very Atkins was not one of those two. He said, you know, we need more sound for depth, and we need more for them. He's a great character, and I'm like, let's just cross him off at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean only the other ones that we haven't mentioned was I don't think you would consider either of them in Super Coaches, Josh Battle and Tom Barress. But we did talk earlier a little bit about the opportunities that trades can create for other players. Does that make James Cicily suddenly very relevant? If you've got two pretty good key stoppers down back coming in, you can take that full back, you know, binding role, and Sicily can just float around doing his intercepting thing.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure it's part of me. I could be way off here. I feel like they might playing forward because they'll have Sam Frost back there.
Speaker 2: I was about to say the same thing, there were too many defenders. That makes me more scared to Sicily than I was this year, even knowing that he would be key back and then they'd swing him forward to try and win a game. Like I don't want to bar of him.
Speaker 3: Because I think it's just a bit too uncertain for me.
Speaker 2: Ye, even if you know they've got hardware you can play forward and back, it might be a match up thing where like they've got to they're coming up against the Bulldogs just Sicily plays back, Hardwick plays forward, and then the next week they're coming up against you know, a smaller forward line and then they just switch the rolls around like yeah, no, I'd need to see it.
Speaker 3: They've got plenty of options, which is great for them, but not great for super coach. You don't really want to pick someone who has who is a part of a team that has options and moving parts. There's a bit.
Speaker 2: Bulldogs like, yeah, I want certainty in my super coach players, and that's not what we're going to get from.
Speaker 1: So mean, who is actually like surprisingly good at that role When it was used a few times this year to go forward and win a game virtually he did it two or three times. Yeah, he's a good football that's probably that's not good for us though, because then once he started thinking of doing that on a more long term sort of basis, playing him there for a whole game or half a game, that's when it's a I.
Speaker 3: Think the good for a bit of a score spike with a goal, but not for a long term period.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I certainly think the role he had this year was very good in that he knew he was down back and then might go forward and get yeah, that massive spike. But yeah, no, I'm not interested.
Speaker 3: I did just have a thought while we're talking about sort of I have hit help or hinder down here while we're talking about that. I thought of it while we're talking about Roory Atkins. And then there's obviously the exit of Houston. I mean, now it kind of bringing up irrelevant names, But what do you think if Jase bergwin in that role.
Speaker 2: For next year? I quite like Jase Berg, and I nearly brought him in the season just gone at that point where he just was about to pop, and I'm like, I now bringing Matt Rowel instead, and I reckon Berg going outscored owl on the run home.
Speaker 3: Because they've got Bergwen, they've got Logan Evans.
Speaker 1: Your favorite Kane Farrell's when I was singing.
Speaker 2: Caane Farrell when they have a monopoly on kickouts, which really interests me, especially from a draft perspective. Problemly, yeah, I'd need to see it. But it's certainly there's a void of significance back there that I think is certainly you're worth keeping an eye on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent. There are any other teams that we've we should be thinking about that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Intrigued by North Melbourne, how they structure up with you know, some new players in with some young talent that are all justling for midfield time. You know, she's obviously in their wedd does mkirchher play. You know they've traditionally always played two half backs. You suspect Fisher is not going to be one of them if they have literally any other options. But they've got like Josh Goder as well, who's highly touted, did his achilles last year. He's someone I began to look out. If Bradon George gets a run at it as a forward, he'd be rookie prized. I'd be really intrigued by that. Tristan Cherry as well, you know, someone would be considering in the ruck. I think North Melbourn will be very interesting from a super coach perspective. Jack Darling obviously, I mean without saying I didn't need to bring him up. Yeah, I'm intrigued by how they how they set up, and we'll be keeping an eye on it.
Speaker 1: And I mean the other one obviously is talking about a void of significance. I mean Richmond. Oh yeah, the whole road is basically a void at a moment. So somebody is going to play and we'll find out, maybe in around draft Knight, who will actually be playing for Richmond next year. So there will be plenty of names there that you would think we're come in cheap and we'll get opportunities. I mean we're talking about, you know, Richmond as the best hands since at the draft, since you know expansion clubs, and remember those days when we picked all those Gold Coast kids and all those Giants kids. I mean, one thing to bear in mind is that they lost a lot of games by a lot of points and often didn't score that well.
Speaker 2: Yes, or if they draft defenders, then if they draft forward I don't know him, never heard of him, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I mean that'll be an interesting question whether you pay up for some of these really high draft picks when they're going to be playing what we think will be a pretty bad team. But yeah, I mean they're gonna get games. I think it's fair to say.
Speaker 3: I have a question for you, l what are your thoughts on Tom Lynch, whether it be for draft or classic.
Speaker 1: I mean, he'll be cheap. Again we talk about forwards, He'll be very cheap. It could be like two hundred grand. So it's going to beat this time last year. I said, you know that five if you wouldn't get in a million years, and then of course I picked him and it blew up in my face again, So I should learned from that. So I mean, probably not key forwards who always injured. It probably not a great recipe for Supercotes success. But I mean he has put up some massive scores in the past, but that was a few years ago now, and yeah, just so injury prone. I mean, if you can actually string some games together, I'd just be really have for a Richmond fans point of view. So I think I'll put a line through him. But you know, as you say, never saying everything, he just had a red hot preseason and stormed into a round zero.
Speaker 2: He said never all of last preseason and then had him right up until he So I do not believe you at all.
Speaker 1: Well, as I said, someone has to play for Richmond, so they might have to wheel him out.
Speaker 2: Yep, bring him out with some crutches, and you know, still still might still might be something might be worth it.
Speaker 3: Another person who I have down here who could be impacted by the arrival of a new player, by the arrival of Bailey Smith to Geelong, more specifically Jack Bows So he finished the year with seventy seven one oh five one thirty in Supercoach, currently priced at around four hundred and twenty. I was considering him as a bit of a value option. But how do you think that affects him.
Speaker 1: I think he's sort of draft only. I mean, what about Max Holmes who finished the year he was really a primo and became from their best mid.
Speaker 3: One of the better value picks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he won't be yees much value next year.
Speaker 2: If he's defensive, then I'll have a look. But I think if he's mid only, I'd be pretty hard pressed. I think it'll be very much a guns and rookies set up in the middle next year, possibly with heavy emphasis on rookies.
Speaker 3: I should probably learn from that. I went into heavy on value last year and it didn't work out.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's hard to know. We haven't seen the prices yet. They will start filtering through from the bean counters hopefully shortly, hopefully just after the draft, and we'll have some fun news around positions and prices then hopefully to keep an eye on Coach absolutely and all of that. But yeah, I don't know, it's hard to really look at it too closely. Yeah, as I mentioned before, Bulldogs is someone I'm interested in. If Mat Kennedy starts playing in the ruck, then sign me up.
Speaker 3: Hit out, Smash.
Speaker 2: Back the Ruck, Smash.
Speaker 1: That's good shared. So yeah, as you said, well, we'll be all over there the draft where we get together for another one of these in a few weeks time and talk about some of those kids, and you know, obviously rookies are so important in Super Coach, and then we will have the prices and the positions. When they first came out, these you'll hear them first on the podcast. So yeah, we'll be planning a lot more of these over the preseason, and then you know, once we get into actual twenty twenty five, we'll be rolling them out pretty consistently. So Patch, I've appreciated your time after such a hectic teen days. I think we can just have a little little lie.
Speaker 2: Down playdown for all of a few weeks, and then the draft happens and kicks into gear. No, thank you all. It's been a pleasure, and Chloe, we've been great having you on board.
Speaker 1: That excellent first up performance.
Speaker 3: Happy to be here. I'm excited to jump on a few more pods in the foreseeable future.
Speaker 2: Dean Polo esque debut from you, I.
Speaker 1: Think a lot more promise for the career going forward, hopefully. Thank you everybody for listening. Subscribe to follow Wherever you listen to your podcast, leave a rating and review, and we'll have plenty more coming up over the off season.