Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gadigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and Elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. Welcome back to close screen. We never do intros anymore, we just get straight into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we're being really really lazy today. We're answering some of your questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be fair, we just sat here for ten minutes and we were like, what the fuck? We have nothing to.
Speaker 1: Talk about, and usually we have heaps, but we're batch recalled nothing.
Speaker 2: Good enough to stretch out for a close friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we've jumped in the good old trusty broadcast channel. Yeah, and we're going to go through and answer some of your questions. And what I'm realizing this must be new Matt. In this question box, they're all in order of most like to lowest life. Yeah, so like the top one, I think we've answered this before while ago. What's the biggest fight you to have ever had? I feel like we've before We've never had a fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I wish we had a good story, Like I wish we had a story of us, you know, having a big fight over something, and you know, we could laugh about it now, but maybe that means there's a big fight coming, so stay tuned for that. Everyone. Look at the next question, is that too inappropriate.
Speaker 2: To would it be a power top bottom or verse? If she was a faggot?
Speaker 1: Can you say that? Yeah? What's a verse?
Speaker 2: Verse means both? Oh don't you read the top bottom or both? And I'm going to say verse for you, okay, because you don't give top energy, but you don't give bottom energy. But it feels like you could be both. And you are quite versatile in life anyways, So nice, that's good. The next one says Matt, what's one thing you hate about Fate? And brit what's one thing you hate about Matt's content?
Speaker 1: But I feel like your answer is going to be the fact that I don't have a men's range?
Speaker 2: Strange, what's one thing you hate about my content?
Speaker 1: Me trying to think of something nice to say because what you just said was nice?
Speaker 2: Like, what is it? What could there be about Fate that I hate? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, it's just that I don't have clothes that you really wear or you've got a few things, but it's just like that you're waiting for the men's range. Something that I hate about your content that you don't have me in it enough, you don't tag me enough. Okay, let's answer this next one, because it's the next liked most like one. Okay, let's do it. Well, Yeah, okay, I'd love to know any tea about what happened with Britt and Shell, Barbie and Matt and Michael Pinch ha ha ha. Okay, So I'll start with mine because it goes way way way back. Uh and this is only going to be relevant for those of you that followed me back then because I was nineteen. This is thirteen years ago. So thirteen years ago or however long it was. I made friends with this girl who lived in Brisbane. Her name was Shelle.
Speaker 2: Shout out.
Speaker 1: If you're listening, I very highly doubt that she is. I made friends with her. I met her online, that's right. I just started my YouTube channel. I was working full time. She was working full time as a beautician. She started her YouTube channel as well, and we just connected in like the beauty community. Whatever. Anyway, I went up to Queensland to visit her a couple of times and we just hit it off. We were making collab videos together. Were you following me back then? Matt? Like, do you remember that year? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't around for the Shell Barbie or I don't think what year would this have been. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm bad at maths. I'm thirty two and I was eighteen nineteen at the time. Twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: I came into your life just off the back of Shell Barbie.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I made really good friends with.
Speaker 2: This girl because you were living up there, weren't you with her? Yes? So then you'd move back to new and that's when you were in the makeup that's right, Okay.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we were both getting started as beauty gurus and both working full time, and I was like waitressing and shit. And then because I was nineteen and so spontaneous and had not a care in the world, I thought, fuck it, I'm moving to Brisbane. So I packed my cardle roof and I moved to Brisbane. First of all, why the fuck did I do that? But it was fun, like I didn't care. I had nothing to lose.
Speaker 2: You've also done that in Melbourne and what Perth as well? Didn't you?
Speaker 1: I didn't move to Perth, but I spent a lot of time over there, and so I just thought it'd be fun to have a sea change. I was just working a full time job at the pest Control in Newcastle, so I quit the best Control and drove up to Brisbane. Got a job at a restaurant because it was really easy for me to just get a waitressing job, and then I eventually landed myself a full time admin roll up in Brisbane, being a personal assistant. G James Glass and Aluminium shout out.
Speaker 2: To those coins spoken about the Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so then when I first moved up there, Shelle was still living at home, and so I moved into her like family's house and.
Speaker 2: Her name, Chelle is in Shelley, Like what's her name, Michelle? Michelle?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, And so I moved into like the spare room at her family's home. And then once I got my full time job, she already had her full time job. So then we moved out and got our own rental, so like roomies and whatever. And then we were like making makeup videos together, club and get ready with me, like you know, and we'd started making all these little friends in the beauty community, and we went to like imats together and all that, like this is back in those days, and it was just all fun. And I probably had twenty thousand followers at the time, Like it was so small. I can't believe I've still got people following me from back then, because this was so small, like anyway, blessed, Like I was so pissed off when all this happened. It wasn't even that big of a deal. And I even said it back in the day. So we just like I'd just gotten my full time job. We just moved into the house, or maybe it was six months into the twelve month lease, and I came home from work one day and Shell said, I'm I'm leaving. I'm going to work on a cruise ship, like doing beauty therapy on a cruise ship, like and I'm going like basically now. And then so me, like being a young emotional gal, I was just like, what the fuck, Like I've just moved here, We've just got this house lease, and I was just so mad I'd just gotten my full time job. And like I didn't not that it was her fault, but I didn't have any other friends up there or anything. I had my little boyfriend, but that was never going to work out anyway, and we weren't like living together or anything, and so I was like.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 1: So I just moved back to Newcastle, broke the lease and that was it, And that was the end of the friendship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just like everyone thinks it's just so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, what's the tea? But I even said that back then. I was like, she was going to work on a cruise ship. So I just moved back home because like I couldn't afford the rent by myself, which was probably four hundred dollars a week for this big apartment back then. It's probably one thousand dollars a week now. But I couldn't afford the rent on my own, Like I didn't have any other friends, Like I was really new there. So I just packed my shit and moved home. And that's what happened there. Nice, So what happened with you and Michael Binch? What actually happened there? There?
Speaker 2: Really isn't too much to this story either. But I think that a lot of people don't realize that Michael and I were friends before we started YouTube as well. We knew each other since I want to say, I was just trying to do the calculations in my head while you were telling your story. But I want to say two thousand and nine, twenty ten, we met each other because we both loved Lady Gaga and so at that time, what two thousand and nine, twenty ten, what would I have been, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen years old? And yeah, it was just like, you know, we both were from kind of rural not the Central Ghost is really rural, but he obviously was from Aubrey Wodongo, which is really rural. So you just connect and find people on the internet, you know that are similar to you, and Michael and I are very similar. And we both loved Lady Gaga, and we had a few other friends as well in this like kind of little friend group and then you know, one thing led to another and eventually we start YouTube channels and things like that, and yeah, fun. But I will say like it was just like a really bitchy friendship where we were just young gays who were like fifteen years old, Like we were horrible to one another, but you know.
Speaker 1: Because then I was friends with you during the time that you two became really good But.
Speaker 2: That's when we were like we were now like twenty, that's when we're like twenty, that's like five years later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I remember we I.
Speaker 2: Don't think that math adds up. Maybe I was no, I was definitely like fifteen. I know I was fifteen when I knew him. But then I think I started my channel when I was maybe nineteen. So yeah, that checks out two thousand and nine, twenty ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen. I don't know, I'm a bit funny on the maths, theah everyone, But anyway, we all were just really bitchy gays, and so we all were pretty stab each other in the back kind of vibes. But that's like what it was when we were younger, you know. Anyway, then we became really good friends. We had a lot of drama, which I can't even be bothered. It's not even relevant because that was before we even had YouTube channels. But we had a lot of drama before that, so we were already off to a rocky fucking start. People. Anyway, we start our YouTube channel, we both start our YouTube.
Speaker 1: Channels, and I remember, can I say, I so vividly remember is this when I come in the picture and you is it both starting your YouTube channel, and I remember saying I don't know if it was to you and Michael when we went on that Sydney weekend away together. I don't know if it was then, but I remember saying saying, to you both, guys, doing makeup is going to be so popular really soon. And then that's when he started getting into his makeup tutorials more and more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so at that time, the funniest part was you and I had known each other from previous working in the same center, blah blah blah, just keeping in contact. But at that point we were kind of like acquaintances. Would you say we weren't really like really good friends.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, we just met working at Westfield.
Speaker 2: Because I remember doing going to that Sydney weekend. I remember him being your friend and me not so much being your friend, me being like the one on the outside, like I was like the third.
Speaker 1: Week context the three of us decided to have a weekend away in Sydney was Imatz was on International Makeup Artist trade.
Speaker 2: Show, by the way, and we all went down to Sydney and and and Brittany and Michael were friends, and I was like, I was friends with both of them. But Brittany and I never really had more than a surface level conversation by this.
Speaker 1: But you and I got along really well on that trip, Like we hit it.
Speaker 2: Off and he didn't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was bitchy energy from like both of you. And I remember we went out for dinner in Darling Harbor there and we went to that like, what's that restaurant that's on the corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it starts with C Yeah, and I used to love it. And they did the Sprinkle Cosmopolitan.
Speaker 1: Yes, we went and got that. And I remember even then YouTube were like bickering at each other and.
Speaker 2: Being but we always did. We always had a bickering friendship where we'd just be.
Speaker 1: Like, like you get on each other's nerves really, yeah, And I remember that weekend it was just like tens.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we stayed friends for ages after that, but that was just our friendship. So you have to understand that was our friendship all the time. And then I think what happened was in the end the in the end, he was working at a lolly store.
Speaker 1: Yes, remember all videos about the Lolli show. Yes, like we'd get candy.
Speaker 2: Sent Yes, he'd send it to everyone, so I remember at the time, Shani wasn't friends with any of us. In fact, you'd had problems with Sharne because remember she you collabed with her, and then she thought you lost the footage on purpose or something, and I ended up running it.
Speaker 1: Years later, I did a collab video with Shany in this studio at the Gold Coast and we did each other's like the blindfold and makeup challenge, and because we were filming at a studio, we weren't like using our cameras or anything. The person at the studio lost the memory card and then I said to her, I'm so sorry, like this memory card is lost. This is when we were both like starting to grow on social media. And then I don't know was it Twitter or something back in the day, she tweeted that like I deleted the footage on purpose, and then I got fucking hated on by Shanny's audience. I was like, no, I've genuinely like, why would I intentionally lose this memory card, like I wanted to put up these videos. And the guy from the studio ended up finding it like a year or more later, He's like, I found that memory card that I lost.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So that was a bit of a bit of fun done by then. Yeah, anyway, we're all good now. By the way, everyone yeah like we love Shanny. Well I always have love Shani, but yeah, she that happened anyway, So there was always drama then then there was just always always drama with someone and something and blah blah blah. And that was just the the crux of mine and Michael's friendship is there was always drama, but we also had no one else to lean on. I feel like we both had our We both were very similar in the fact that we were both men who wore makeup and came from places that didn't accept who we were, etcetera. So we did also confine in each other and felt, you know, very safe with one another. So anyway, then we ended up dating. Not kidding, I was like, what, I just thought to make sure you're all still with me? Well, no, but that sounded like I was going down that path, didn't I. But seriously we did. We had that kind of safety and security with each other and even with all the drama. Anyway, he was working in the lolly short shop. I remember he sent Shanny a bunch of lollies and then he was like, oh, and Shannie did the video, and he was like in contact with Shanni and then went up and did her makeup or something, and then that's when they had their friendship blossom. And I think at the time, I can't remember. I'm hazy on the details. I definitely was still friends with him, but I don't know whether you were friends with him at this point or whether that came later.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like I was ever like close close friends with Michael, Like I feel like it was always like a like through you really.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's so weird because I feel like it wasn't like that, but.
Speaker 1: Anyway, how it was to me like I was always an outsider.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's fucking bizarre, because I feel like I was the outsider to begin with, and then he probably feels he was the outsider as well at one point or another.
Speaker 1: I feel like Michael and I like just lost touch, And I also feel like him and Shanni rose to such fame back then. I do like not to shame either of them, like they're both legend, but I think they got very caught up in their own little Shanni and Michael bubble that like all the other YouTubers kind of got left behind kind of thing. Like that's what I would say had part in your relationship.
Speaker 2: With basically yeah, but he then got famous.
Speaker 1: And I think we then felt like we were left behind kind of thing. But it's like we were there from the start, like I think it was that was the reason that like the relationship kind of just dwindled because we got left behind and they were doing all their massive meet and greets and everything, and then it was like we just all lost touch kind of thing, and maybe we weren't relevant enough, Like I'm just saying it, like I felt like we weren't relevant enough anymore to collab with them because they were just on this massive.
Speaker 2: Trajectory, yeah, which is yeah, essentially like how I I guess I felt at the time because he just like ghosted me at the time, which also I get it. He was probably so busy, couldn't be bothered as well, big and famous whatever, busy. We're also on two different wavelengths now. He was wearing all the designer stuff. I couldn't afford any of that, Like we're two different people now, there's too much of a separation.
Speaker 1: I think that's the thing as well, Like we were all so young, we were literally teenagers and like going into our early twenties, like we all change in evolved so much in those years in our life, and we were just all doing that in front of an audience.
Speaker 2: I also want to say, I feel like there was so much more to this that I have just forgotten about. I feel like we are we have lived a fucking life, and I feel like I, first of all, also want to say, there's to make it clear, there's absolutely no bad blood. Now. We actually made up at the TikTok Awards last year. Michael and I. I mean, we hadn't spoken in like six seven years or something. I feel like the we I noticed he unfollowed me years ago, and so I unfollowed him once I had realized that he had unfollowed me, and we just hadn't spoken, cross paths or nothing in like seven years. It was bizarre that we didn't actually run into each other. And then obviously he was nominated for the TikTok Award, so I knew it. I was I knew that I was going to see him, and I was a little bit apprehensive, but I was a.
Speaker 1: Little bit and I was saying, no Matt, He's going to be fine, but when you haven't seen an old friend for so long, and then anyway, it was like how are like? And it was all well and good.
Speaker 2: And we kind of had a conversation about it about how like silly the whole thing was. And then you know what's funny is that night he was like, I'm looking for new management, and I went, well, come to my management company. They're fabulous, and he has signed with them now, so I feel like I'll see him a lot more. But yeah, I mean, even with all the bickering and the nonsense and the drama that went on, and I mean there was just so much and so much of that stuff that's just so if I actually could remember it today, we'd go, what the fuck did we cause a drama about that?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 2: You know, we just ah, wait, there was always a drama, But that's at that time. I feel I'm very different now and I feel he's very different now. But at that time, Mountain out of a mole hill was both of our things like the tiniest bit of drama and it was, oh my god, it was such a big deal.
Speaker 1: And I think, like the interesting thing about like having friendships online for example, like mine and shell Barbie from back in the day, Like people come and go from your life all the time. And I find that people were always so heavily critical of people coming and going from friendships, like in the public eye, like I remember people saying like, oh, Brittany and Shell Barbie aren't friends anymore, Brittany can't keep a friend, blah blah blah. But like, welcome to life, Like people come and go from our life throughout our whole life, and that's totally fine and normal. And the fact that we still get asked about that to this day, it's like quite interesting, but like it's never anything big. It's just like nineteen year olds like nav gating through life in this new social media world that we were in, for sure, And it's not not deep.
Speaker 2: And I hold no resentment from all the things that happened back then. Who fucking cares, say, La V move on. We're thirty out, Like, let's get a fucking grip, girls, And he's obviously very happy, and we've spoken a little bit since the TikTok Awards, but really not that much.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's funny is when Gaga announced her tour of course that was the first thing we spoke about to each other. We were like, oh my god, you go and go see saying Brisbane laugh, here we go. So that was nice, and I do hope that Michael and I get to see each other events and things a bit more. Especially it's just one of those things as well. We are. It's been ten years. We are totally different people and now I quite enjoy him, whereas I think at the back in the day we were just bitchy. We're just jealous of each other. We just if it was I remember almost been in competition with him. If I got an opportunity, he was obvious, he'd get jealous, and if he got an opportunity, I'd be fucking livid, you know what I mean. So yeah, anyway, no bad blood. That's the story. Michael. If this has made its way back to you love your dull, I hope you're will. They're all old as fun, No bad blood, you know.
Speaker 1: I think we should wrap it up there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we didn't really answer many questions.
Speaker 1: Sorry about that, everyone, but I'm sure everyone will love to hear the story times that we've just told. So that's another bot.
Speaker 2: Someone asked how much did you win on the pokes in Vegas?
Speaker 1: Not telling I won, I can say I want fucking nothing. I want nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at a lot of people said, how do you two meet. We've already said, listen to the first ever episode.
Speaker 1: We met at Westfield when we were working there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're full stories in the first episode though. Yeah, all right, that's all. We'll keep the rest of them for another time because there's quite a lot in there. All right, thanks for listening. We'll see you next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.