Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Britney Saunders and welcome to Big Business, the place where business is far from boring. And today I'm recording on gaddig or Land. Now I somehow manage to build an empire from the garage underneath my house and I'm here to share it all with you, from the wins, the mistakes, the challenging times and funny moments in between. So, whether you're in business already, perhaps you're not in the game at all, Maybe you're just looking for some inspiration, or you simply just want to hear the tea, this is the podcast for you. Coming up on today's episode, I'm going to be talking all things making that first hire, or if you've already got your first hire, making the next higher, knowing when to take the leap to make your first hire, or knowing and being able to recognize when you're ready for that next role to come into the business. Hiring people is the scariest and one of the biggest. I was going to say the riskiest, but is that really a word. The riskiest things, most risky things things in business. It's petrifying and when you're starting out, you have no idea what you're doing and it all seems so scary, and I'm right there with you. It doesn't matter if you're hiring your first or your second employee, or hiring year seventieth. It's never not scary, and there's a lot of risks involved. So let's just jump into it and talk all things hiring, what to do, what not to do, and all the mistakes that I've made in the years of hiring people at FATE. So let's just get down to business. I've said this before and I'll say it again. Hiring people and dealing with staff is the hardest part of business. I've said it a billion times and I'll sing it from the rooftops, and I think every business owner out there will agree with me. Staffing in general, dealing with real people in your business, in their day to day lives, their feelings, their thoughts. You have to be mindful of everything. It is the hardest part of business. I will take going missing, having to pay huge tax bills, you know, logistics, things going wrong. I will take all of that any day over staffing. It's the hardest part of business. And the thing with it is it's you can't avoid it. If you're wanting to start a business and you're wanting it to grow, You're gonna have to deal with staffing, and it's never gonna be easy for anyone. You are always going to have issues no matter what business you're running. And I so vividly remember when I started Fate, and you all know surely by this point, I started it in the garage at the bottom of my house. I say that. I literally say that at the start of every episode. Underneath the house. Yeah, like it was like a townhouse thing, you know how the garage is like the bottom floor. I started Fate in there, and we had the double garage and Aj was my new boyfriend at the time, right, and so he'd moved in with me because he was living at home at the time because he just moved back from working in the mines or whatever, and he moved in with me, and so we both had a car spot under my house. And when I started FAT, I said, sorry, but you're gonna have to park on the street because I wanted to keep my car spot. And then I set up Fate in his car spot, and like he was like a really big shed for a townhouse. So I set up the whole thing in there. I had my packing table with a little stool at it. I had some plastic tubs on the ground with my stock in it. And then I had a little photo shoot backdrop and I would quite literally just get girls that I knew that lived in Newcastle to come and I'd take all the photos. I did everything from there, and then we had a spare bedroom as well, like upstairs, and that's where we would do like more office admin kind of stuff. But it was just all at home. And I hired my first employee to work at my house with me. And now do I think about it, Like was I even allowed to have a business set up in my garage? I never even looked up, Like if I was legally allowed to do that, who knows, But I fucking did it anyway. Don't tell the government, like I don't know if he's roos to get some sort of special license like I got insurance, but who knows. Anyway, I did it anyway. And so I hired my first employee to come and can you imagine me explaining that to her, like, yeah, she's just going to be coming to my house a few days a week to help me pack the orders. And that's exactly how it went. For me, I have a lot of people ask me when you are making your first hire for your business. If you've started a business yourself and you're doing everything yourself, what is the first position that you hire for? What is their job? My advice is always that first hire needs to come on board as an all rounder. That's how I would describe my first hire, almost like an assistant to everything that you're doing, and they're just coming on to do an extremely broad role. So my first hire was a casual and her role was an all rounder. She was going to help me pack orders, she was going to help me with customer service emails, she was going to help me processing returns, she was going to help me writing Instagram captions. She was going to help me when we're going out and about in the streets and Newcastle doing our photoshoots for the social media. She came on board as an all rounder. And that is always depending on what kind of business you've started up, obviously, but if you've got a business where you're just doing everything yourself, your first hire is just going to be someone that's going to help you do all those things. Now, I remember being so petrified when I was making my first hire that I didn't know who to hire, and I don't know how it came about, but AJ's mom, AJ's mum's friend had a daughter who was looking for a job, so that's how it came about. And I feel like a lot of people with their first hire, they will always hire someone they know, their friend's friend, family, friend's cousin, whatever. And that's fine. I wouldn't advise hiring people that you know now in twenty twenty five, but that's because I've done it. Like I've been there, done that. We all do it. We hire people that we know. So I had AJ's mum's friend's daughter come and work with me, like three days a week, casual, and my fears at that time were number one, I'm not what if I run out of money and I can't pay her one week? And number two, what if I run out of tasks for her to do. But my advice on that is you've got to see hiring your first employee, especially as an asset and not like a cost. Because my first thoughts were this is going to cost me money, what if I don't have enough to pay her kind of thing. But what I didn't think at the time because I was so new to business and young and didn't know what I was doing. Is by having her come in and take tasks away from me and help me do things that would take up normally my whole day, I could then spend my time doing different tasks that would bring in more revenue into the business. So instead of me having to reply to our customer service emails all day, I could maybe spend that time while she's replying to them, maybe making some more Instagram reels, which might get us more sales and bring more money in. And that's what you have to see staff as is it's an asset to your company. It's not a cost, like, yes, it's going to cost you, but they're essentially going to generate you more revenue. And if they're not generating revenue directly through their job, you know, if they're not the one posting all the content that's getting all the sales, they're going to be doing tasks so that you can generate more money for your business. And that's something I didn't think back then because I was young and stupid and didn't know what I was doing. I know, I say that, but it's true, like I had no idea I remember saying to a j I'm my god, what do I get her to do? And like this is before we had like any of the platforms that we use now. And I went to kmart and I bought a little a little whiteboard like no bigger than I don't know, three laptops put together, just precise reference, all this screen in front of me. And every day that she was coming in and it was like a Monday and a Thursday or whatever, I'd get a whiteboard marker and in dot points, I would write her daily tasks. And I always think of that and I just can still see that little whiteboard and I'd be like, right back to emails, go to the po box and collect our returns, do the returns. And that's how I would write out her day to day to do list because it was so simple back then, and that's all it really has to be. I think when it comes to getting your first employee, and if you're looking up online and you're reading all about workplaces, it can feel really overwhelming, you know, like needing to have everything like perfect and amazing. But just keep it simple with your first employee. Don't overcomplicate it for you. Don't over complicate it for them. And my advice would be, especially if you're wanting to grow your business, hire someone who is open to change. A lot of people hate change. I've learned I even years ago, Oh this could be another fucking video if you really want to just keep it in the bank. If there's one thing that I've learned being an employer for so many years now is whilst there are a lot of people who are open to change, a lot of people hate change. A lot of people hate change. And if you're going to work for a company that is growing, there's going to be so much change and some people aren't going to know how to deal with it. I'll never ever forget when I was, like when Fate was really smaller, I only had a couple of staff members. I had one person working for me, and they came out of their way to come up to me and say, like, I don't remember what we were having a conversation about, but they said, I don't deal well with change, and I hate change. And I just remember being gobsmacked because like we'd moved warehouse, and like the company was changing and we were hiring more people, and she was upset with all the changes. That were happening, and I was like, well, why don't you just go work somewhere where nothing changes, like go work at a bank. People need to be mindful when they're applying to work with companies that are growing, especially if it's like a small business that like, for example, when I started Fate, I'm going to grow this thing. So I think people need to be mindful when they're applying for jobs in companies where shit is changing. But my advice would be when you are looking for that first hire, look for someone who's willing to grow with you, especially if your mindset is you want to grow your company, if you don't want things to stay the same. And you'd be surprised how many people don't like change. People naturally, I think, like routine and they like everything feeling the same and just showing up every day and doing same thing. Whereas in those early days of Fate, everyone that came on board with me, I was like, you're coming on on board as an all rounder and you're gonna have to We're doing whatever the day throws at us, because that's what a startup is like. It doesn't have the structure, it doesn't have XYZ and this is exactly what we do every day, and if people are after that, they need to go and work somewhere that is really big and established. Another question I get is like when do I know when to hire my first employee? Like at what point? Because there's no right and wrong, Like no one says at this point this is when you need to hire an employee. There's no book that says exactly when you need to hire someone. But my advice would be do everything yourself in the beginning, or if you know that when you start your business you're going to be busy straight off the bat, maybe you've got an audience or whatever. Sure you can get an employee straight away, but if you're doing everything yourself at the start, you need to get the employee when you feel like you can't do it anymore or you're at like your capacity when it comes to the tasks. And I would say as well, another sign of needing to get that person in is when you have other things that you want to get to but you never get to them, Like where you've got these tasks that you'd like to focus on. Maybe it's something more creative or product development or whatever. I have a major DJA V right now. I don't know why, by the way, I just thought i'll throw that out there. But when you're kind of so tied up in all the day to day tasks and you're pushing aside, like those things that you're passionate about, that's when you need an employee because you need them to come in and take those smaller tasks off you. You delegate to them, and you've got to become good at that, by the way, because it's really hard to let go of things when you feel like you're so in control. But when you feel like you're pushing important stuff aside, that's when you need a staff member. And I know how scary it is. And take your time with hiring us. Say this all the time. Take your time, ask questions, get to know them. Don't just jump into the first person that seems fun and like you'd be friends, because that's what I did back in the day. But I feel like again, we all do that when we're first time business owners. We just hire someone after speaking them for five minutes because we think they're fun. And I've been there and done that and I've never do it again. But you'll know when it's time for you to hire that first employee, because you'll even be thinking about it, you'll be talking about it to people. If you're like, I'm thinking of getting a staff member, that's the universe telling you, yes, this is the time that you need a staff member. If it's on your mind, if you're thinking about it, if you're thinking about what their role would be, that's the universe telling you, Yep, you need an employee now, and you'll thank yourself for it. Obviously, do your numbers, make sure you do have enough to pay them, you know, make sure the business is earning enough that you're going to be able to afford to pay them, and it will probably be one of the best things that you ever did. And then in terms of growing your team, like going from that one employee to then maybe the second one, and third and fourth. The crazy thing is like businesses predictable, but then again like so not predictable at all. I just can think back so vividly to when Fate first started and I had that first employee, and then within six months we moved out of the garage into our first little warehouse and it was at that warehouse and I then hired my second and third and fourth like casual employee, my first full timer, and business can just catch you off guard because like I never planned any of that, Like it just kept growing and I kept doing what felt right and just looking back now, like I can't believe I did all that because it was not a plan. And I think there's so much pressure, especially now, like being able to see all these businesses on social media. People can feel pressured to need to be doing the most and having all these team members. But my advice to anyone out there is just do what feels like the right decision for you and your business at the time. That's all I ever did with fate. And as for me when it came to getting that next employee and the next one after that, again, like I could just feel it in me waters Kidney, I could feel it in my waters. I know that's really weird Kathin King reference, but you can just sense when you know you need the next person, when you and that first all rounder are at your capacity again and maybe you're getting more orders, or you're getting more clients, or you just you can just tell when you need the help, and like that's when you make that plunge. And my advice always is especially if you're new, or you're hesitant, or you're worried about funds, hire them as a casual to begin with, say look, I can give you three days work definitely. Like remember that's what I would do. I'd write down what I could get them to help with. Look, I think I can definitely give you three days, and if there's someone that's wanting more, you can say, look, I'm gonna start you off on three days just to be safe, like, but then you might pick up a fourth day, you know, because with casual workers, you can be like, do you want to pick up another day tomorrow? And they're like sure, like if they're free. And then what I would do is hire those casual staff. And then if we got busier, busier and busier, and they just all of a sudden, we're working five days as a casual anyway, then I might look into putting them on full time. And that's exactly how I did it with Fate. Now, some of the scary things, I mean, I've said this a thousand billion times. Hiring people is so scary. And you'll have to listen to my episode with the interview Boss Girls if you haven't already, because we spoke about it a lot. That's a recent episode of Mind Just go find it. We spoke about just like how scary hiring people is, and you hear it all the time, and I say it all the time, like an employee, just one single employee can completely make your business. They can come in and just flip it on its head and turn it into the most amazing business ever and they can do wonders for you. But also someone can come in and completely ruin the entire business and workplace. And if that isn't petrifying, I don't know what is. It's a risk every time we hire someone. My advice is, especially as you're growing a team from two people to three to four, is you need it even start thinking beyond what the person is coming in to do. You know, we're always looking for people that can do the job and have the skills and whatever, But when you're adding more and more personalities into the mix, you've got to start thinking about personality hires. You've got to think of your current team, how they all work together, and then if you're adding someone else in, how are they going to fit into the team. Are they going to get along? Are they going to clash? Heads. And this is one of the really hard things actually about having a small business that is growing. You know, it's one thing to be a big corporate company where you've got two hundred people in an office and people don't even know each other kind of thing. But when you've got a small team working together every day closely, you've got to be so mindful with personalities when you're hiring. And it's just another part of business that I just never expected, and then it's turned out to be, like, such a big crucial part of our business now is team dynamics and who's going to get along with who? And is that person going to get upset by that person because that person comes along, comes across a lot more strong, whereas that person is more submissive. Like you've just got to think of all these things, and it's it's a lot, but I would be careful when your team is growing beyond that two, three, four and you're turning into a small team, you've got to be so selective with who you're hiring, because you could have an amazing team. Let's say, of there's four of you, you could bring in a new fifth person because you're getting so busy and everyone needs help, and that fifth person could fuck up the four of yours, like a new person can just walk in and ruin the whole team dynamic. I've witnessed it myself. People come in and screw up the whole team. Then you've got to figure out how you're gonna remove that person from the workplace and fix everything that they left behind. And it's not nice, and this is so real and it happens, and it's an unspoken reality of business. And I even get scared talking about this kind of stuff on like my Instagram and TikTok because I don't know, like you don't want to upset anyone, but it's such a big and real part of business. And I can tell you now there wouldn't be a business owner out there that has teams that hasn't dealt with stuff like that. The other thing that you've got to be super mindful of. And I think this is a phase that I'm in now with fate when our company has grown and grown and grown and grown, and luckily, like I'm not in that position, but I have spoken with business owner friends who have been in the position where your business has grown so astronomically, like over a couple of years or over twelve months where you over hire and where you've hired too many people. And then if you've just experienced this massive growth period and everything's going amazing, like nothing in business is guaranteed, like next week fate could plummet, like that's another petrifying thing about business. But what's even scarier is if you have an amazing year and let's say you go into twenty twenty five, and then all of a sudden, you know, you lose some relevancy or you know, people aren't shopping as much anymore. It's scary enough that your business can and kind of go into a flop era. But what's even scarier is if you've got, you know, twenty full time employees and your business is going quiet. And I've spoken to business owners, oh name names, but I've spoken to business owners who have reached out to me where they've been doing amazingly and they've hired a heap of people, and then they go into a quiet patch or a quiet year, a quiet period. We all go up and down in business in terms of our sales and finances. And I've had friends reach out going I'm doing fucking redundancies. At my workplace because they've you know, stopped making the revenue that they were making. They didn't need the roles that they had anymore. And I can't imagine how terrible having to lay people off would be, to be like, hey, like our business is not doing as well as it did last year, Like, you know, do you want to take a pay card or do you want to be made redundant? And that is a scary reality for so so many business owners as well, and touchwood something that I never have to do. But that's another thing where you don't want to grow too quickly as a business and get all up in your head. People always say to me, like, stop growing so quick, and I'm like, I'm doing everything and I'm being mindful, but I think now, like being the size that we're at where we do have like seventy odd people in the company, I'm like, all right, let's just coast here for a little bit. That's why I'm hesitant to keep opening more stores, because you're just adding more and more and then what if we do go into a quiet period, what do I do then if we've got all these team members so at the same time, yes, you want to make those highs when you need them, especially if you're growing, but you want to be completely mindful with it as well and think of the bigger picture and all the things that could go wrong and the risks. There's just so much to think of, isn't there.
Speaker 2: No? Oh no, hello, producer such myself, producer X. That's what they used to call me. Oh really yeah, produces and yeah, producers Xander on this nova. But I used to be producer X. Maybe we should bring it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it. And also because when we call, like when we say Xander, everyone thinks that you're z Alexander would but you're ex.
Speaker 2: Yeah, grow up. Anyone that thinks it's zed, I don't like it, okay, producer axes. Here in terms of you being a business owner, how do you approach like the training of new employees as someone who has been extremely small to being much larger now in business, how have you developed those training strategies and how have you like kind of changed your approach from when you.
Speaker 1: Were Yeah, more so, it's changed a lot. Obviously back in the day, you know, when I was hiring my casuals to come on as all round us, it was an extremely hands on process. I would get my new all rounder employee in and I would just show them, like step by step, how we do absolutely everything. And when fate was really small, I wasn't hiring anyone that had any kind of experience, but that's because that suited me and my business model. Back then, I had the time to have someone come into our little warehouse where we did everything, and I would say, all right, well, this is how we packed the orders, and this is how we write back to emails, and they would almost just shadow me for the first couple of weeks until they felt confident in knowing how to do stuff. Same when I hired like my first social media assistant, which is Kim, and she's still with us now, she's nearly been with us for four years. And so Kim came in four years ago as a social media assistant, and again, like I'd never really had someone just work on the social media. I had the all rounders and we just kind of all helped and shared. But I had the time back then to run through our entire social media with Kim, showing her how to shoot, showing her how to do all the things, showing her how to write captions, and for those early days of Fate and even four years ago, like when everyone kind of started at Fatoway say that the first three years of Fate it was just a practice run. And when like Kim April Gray Sigarett all started four years ago, that's when Fate really began. But even back then, it was just I didn't have any processes in place because people just came in and I was there. I was there eight hours a day with them right there, working by their side, so I would just quite literally show them here's how we do it. You give it a go until they got the confidence. But then as the company grew more and more, and I would say, when we opened our second Fate store and we kind of became bigger than Newcastle, that's when we started implementing like training processes. So everything went from a physical here's how we do things to here's a PDF presentation, we're going to walk you through it.
Speaker 2: And was that something that you outsourced to get help with or that's something that you purely sat down together and came up with your shade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we did it all internally, and we still do everything internally, but now we have especially more so for the retail side of our business, Like obviously, if someone's coming into work in our warehouse, there's going to be someone that's going to walk them through the warehouse. Because with a warehouse, you know, role, it's it's physical, Like we can't say this is how we pack our orders, You're going to be shown. So there's still a lot of our business where it is quite physical and people have physically demonstrated how to do the tasks and they copy and shadow. But especially for like our retail stores, now you know, we do a staff induction date. Like let's say we're opening a new store. Before the store opens, we'll do a whole day of induction with our team where we're sitting in a boardroom and we've got a massive screen up and we walk them through the company, We walk them through the product knowledge, we walk them through change room language, we walk them through how to use point of sale. It's like a visual experience without being hands on, and we have that for every area of our retail store. So we've definitely upped our training over the years to say the least, I.
Speaker 2: Just heard you you say something change room language. That's something I would never think of to be in like a training Like yeah, tutorial. Was that something that you guys came up with or was that something was that was learnt from other retail stores.
Speaker 1: We come up with it ourselves.
Speaker 2: It's just really interesting to hear that side, yes, because I'm like, God, is that something that every retail store.
Speaker 1: Every retail store does it? But especially for us, like our change rooms is a huge part of our store experience. Yeah, and I think especially given like the nature of our size range, we deal with a lot of women who I guess have been damaged in the past from other retail stores. Yeah, where you know they've gone in and like haven't even been able to find their size in a store, or they've felt excluded. And we know that a lot of people that are going into our change rooms might be feeling a little bit vulnerable, maybe they haven't shopped in store for a long time.
Speaker 2: I personally hate trying things on in stores because I always feel the pressure that these people are trying to get me to and I don't like it because I mean, they're trying on the clothes, trying to feel a certain way and trying to feel confident in them. And then you've got people and your things saying how's it started, do you want this? Or you can get this on for an extra twenty dollars as well, do you want to take that on? And it's a lot sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think many retailers give like guided training when it comes to change room language, but just given the nature of our brand and you know, we are dealing with vulnerable women who you know, maybe haven't shopped in store for a really long time because like most retail stores don't stock the size as we do, so they might be coming in like feeling self conscious or worried, and so like, change room language is a big part of our training with our teams, like when we get a new team member or when we're starting a new store, everyone gets it. And actually funny that we're talking about it. We're looking at furthering it even more just because we feel like the change room experience is something we can always like improve.
Speaker 2: I would love to do an episode maybe on this, but like you the specific things that you do for training, because that as soon as you said that, I was like, that's so interesting, and I think that's something that a lot of other business owners in fashion and clothing, if they hear this, would want to implement. It they own stores or if they have at all batiques or whatever. I just think that is so valuable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, at the moment, what we're doing, like interesting parts of it, I guess is like a lot of people have been excluded from fashion. Like obviously we all know that, Like people have been excluded from fashion and are still excluded from fashion. And one of the things that we're really mindful of is that some of our staff members have never experienced being excluded from fashion. And so if we've got a staff member, because like we don't hire people based on their body size or whatever, like that's not a part of what we fucking look at. Like, if someone's a size eight, they're a size eight, Like just because they're working at FATE doesn't mean that they need to be a certain site, Like you can be any size to work at FATE. But let's say, for example, like a possible scenario that we think about all the time is if we do have someone working in our store who is a size eight, who has never experienced being excluded from fashion, has never felt left out when shopping in a retail store, if they have a customer coming in who maybe is a size twenty and there isn't many stores out there that stock a size twenty, and they're coming in and they're feeling bulnerable, and they're feeling like, oh there's anything? Am I going to find anything? Like you know, they're just feeling all the emotions. They're scared about trying clothes on because they've been so rejected by other retailers and they are being served by someone who is a size eight. How are those two going to connect when the size eight has never experienced being left out in fashion? And that's something that we're so mindful of, so we try to and what we're doing at the moment to like better our change room training is like West speaking to all different kinds of people who are all different shapes of sizes to hear their experiences because like some people can't speak from experience when it comes to being excluded from fashion, me included. Look, I think I could do a whole episode about this, because this is something that we're working on bettering and improving literally at the moment, changing language. I love it, so we need to do a whole other episode about it.
Speaker 2: Have really spooked my interests in my like, I just think it's great.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that you find it interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do, and this is someone I've never felt kind of left out exactly, But I think it's.
Speaker 1: Something that everyone can learn from, and I think especially for our straight sized team members, who you know, fit into your standard sizing. I'm doing like quotes here, like they would never think twice about feeling excluded from fashion, and I think working at Fate opens their eyes to how left out a lot of people can feel. And then it's on us and it's our responsibility to train our team members to be able to connect with customers who have felt left out, even if they don't have firsthand experience themselves of being excluded in fashion.
Speaker 2: Look, we went a bit off track, but I just it really stood out to me and get.
Speaker 1: Onto this from talking about hiring stuff.
Speaker 2: I talked about what some training techniquity.
Speaker 1: That's how we got onto that.
Speaker 2: I got there, But I think you covered it really well and I'm really glad that we touched on that.
Speaker 1: Do that for another episode for sure, and maybe get a few other people on to hear their experiences. In opinion, love that because I can't speak for everyone else, so we need to get some other input. Obsessed back to the whole hiring thing. Like I feel we need to at least wrap up the episode. As I said in the beginning of the episode, like hiring is always scary. You're never one hundred percent going to know if you're doing the right thing or not. But that's business. If you are feeling like you're at that stage where you think you need help, you probably do. If you're thinking about what you could get someone to do to help you free up more time in your day to focus on other things you need. That new employee, my advice would be to take your time with it. Higher slow. That's what they say, higher slow and fire fast. That's the saying higher slow, take your time with it. You know what you're doing, and if it's on your mind, that's the universe telling you. And when it comes to making that second and third higher again, you're just going to know when you need to do it and if you're scared about it, it's the right decision. Because everything that I've done in my business journey with fate, I've anything that I've done where I'll be like, oh shit, should I do this or not? And when it feels like a risk, yes, do it, because that's what's going to keep your business moving and growing even if it is absolutely petrifying. As always, I'm going to end this episode with a tip of the week.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm jumping in with the bloody tips. You just said higher, slow, fire, fast, But I would also I'm not a business owner, but like, make sure they're aligned with your energy and your vision rate on paper. Yeah, if you're not jelling yep.
Speaker 1: I always say, if there's like an inkling of doubt in your mind when you're interviewing someone, if they're like seeming great or maybe if they're seeming way too good to be true, maybe they are. And again, go listen to my episode with Interview Boss, because we speak about all of this in detail. I love and how much people can lie in interviews or just say what they think you want to hear, and then they can come into the workplace and oh my god, you are nothing like what you said in your interview.
Speaker 2: And the bonus episode where we talked about some crazy hr situations that we've been involved or heard of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, go and listen to those episodes if you haven't already. And yeah, take your time when it comes to hiring, and you know when you need the help, so stick with those gut feelings and stick with your gut feelings in the hiring process too. Those are my tips. Anyway, that's all for another main episode. I'll be back later this week with a bonus. In case you didn't know, I do a main and a bonus episode every single week, and you can catch up with me on socials everywhere. Links are in the show notes. And be sure to check out my New Slash Old Slash, New Again YouTube channel if you haven't already, because I'm back on YouTube and I'm sharing all things business and my journey and behind the scenes of fate on YouTube. And remember to chase after your dreams as if they owe you money.