Speaker 1: That went off last night at Marvel Stadium. He brought out the Irish band that is Ed Sheeran here on over one hundred lars. You mentioned earlier he snuck into Melbourne via train, Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: He was filmed getting off at Southern Cross station. And when I say he was at the station like he'd come from Sydney to Melbourne on the train a local job. Yeah, no plans for him.
Speaker 1: Well, Roger Weeks is from the New South Wales train link. He joined us now morning Roger.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Jace, Lauren and Clint how are you good?
Speaker 2: We're good now, Roger edge shear And there were some people saying it wasn't him on the train, it was a decoy. It was definitely him though. Wasn't it the court the train from Sydney to Melbourne?
Speaker 3: I can absolutely confirm it was it.
Speaker 4: Now, what happened?
Speaker 2: How did this come to be? Well?
Speaker 3: Ed and his family when they're on tour. As I was chatting with them, they love catching trains. They are really probably for two key reasons. Obviously it's got a lower iron mental footprints and traveling by road by air, and it's just a nice way for them to spend time together in the family. So they were really excited as they were walking through and we got them onto the XPT.
Speaker 4: So Roger, what's the how long is the trip and sort of what sort of amenity? Yeah, tell us about the carriage. Was they lay down by? What's the bedding like all the rest of great?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Good. So it's just under eleven hours for our Sydney to Melbourne service, So it's that nice opportunity to unwind. Let's sit back and relax. And in our overnight service, of course, we have sleeper cars. In our first class carriage, which is where the shearings were, we have separate cabins and so by day you can sider it the seat and then when it's nighttime, our crew come in, pull a bunk bed down, turn the bottom of seed into a bed.
Speaker 2: But I didn't even know this existed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we have showers and toilets for eleven hours.
Speaker 2: Did he have the whole family there?
Speaker 1: He did?
Speaker 3: It was really nice.
Speaker 4: Was the food cart in operation?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So we have a buffet train.
Speaker 1: You buried the league.
Speaker 3: You can have a dinner of butter chicken. All An, you're a class.
Speaker 4: Do you know what he had? To eat.
Speaker 3: Look, we don't he may have had a bite to eat before he came. People can have their choice, they can some people bring their own food, but the buffet is very popular.
Speaker 2: And so were you sworn to secrecy that you couldn't tell anyone about this until afterwards.
Speaker 1: Because you know broken that now he's one.
Speaker 2: Of the most famous people in the world, and it was just like incognito.
Speaker 3: That's right. I mean, we protect the privacy of all of our passengers, but in this instance we did have some requirements to make sure that Ed and his family had had a safe, secure and private trip down to Melbourne. I understand the concert last night was fantastic, just as you'd expect.
Speaker 2: He had a good night's sleep on the Trene and there do we know he was in the bunk beds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: And was he a good passenger?
Speaker 3: Oh? Great? Because they're such nice people. They are They're just down to earth, really friendly. The girls were so excited about, you know, meeting our driver and look.
Speaker 1: At the driver's pressure on the Did you get a photo? Did you get a picky no?
Speaker 3: You know what they were really clear about this was their family important to protect the privacy.
Speaker 2: Well, well done, Roger. I love it. I think more people should get on the train. I actually didn't know it was the thing. That sounds quite delighted in.
Speaker 1: Your South Wales train Link Chief executive Roger Weeks joining us on the egg. The man behind getting.
Speaker 2: The edd to Melbourne, Jace will be on the train now he knows there's a buffet.
Speaker 1: Yeah a long's him and crane and is that on the service from the city to Sandringham here in Melbourne?
Speaker 2: Okay you Roger.
Speaker 1: Thanks Roger, have a good weekend.
Speaker 3: Right, have a great day.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.