Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the MATHSNY podcast, and welcome to Part four of this little Bali investigation series into the world's fastest growing cosmetic surgery craze, which is rib recontouring, which still sounds quite silly to say, if I'm being honest, and welcome to a plot twist that I don't think any of us saw coming, because I can now let you know that Beck did not go through with her scheduled procedure and at this moment right now as I'm recording, her ribs remain exactly as God intended them to be. And Yeah, the last twenty four hours or so here in Bali, amongst all these influencers, who most of them have now had it done, has just been quite the world. When if I'm going to be honest, and before we get into what happened and why Beck didn't go through with it and why she changed her mind, I'm just gonna take you to the very start of the day, which was Beck and I on the back of a golf buggie randomly, because that's what takes these influencers, like the literal ninety second journey from the resort to the fancy cosmetic surgery hospital place, which is all like in the same wellness complex, which I didn't even know what there was a thing. I thought Balley was just bin Tang singlets and drunk Australians.
Speaker 2: But no, there's a whole.
Speaker 1: Wellness resort anyway. Yeah, here is Beck and I at the start of the day as she was on her way to surgery, right on the way.
Speaker 3: To hospital, on the way getting nervous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this feels a bit weird.
Speaker 2: I've never taken a golf.
Speaker 3: From like a beautiful five star resort to a five star hospital.
Speaker 5: It's wild, right, Are you nervous for me?
Speaker 2: Slightly?
Speaker 5: You think I'm crazy?
Speaker 2: Yes, I also think it's not.
Speaker 4: Too late to back out.
Speaker 5: You've been telling me to back out from the moment. I've got you literally every minute of the day. Don't do it, don't do it. Don't do it.
Speaker 4: Because I know your story more than all the other girls, and like everyone's got the wrong reason. But I just don't think you're ready. I'm not a psychologist or on purpose, but that's my taking it.
Speaker 3: Well mentally in the best place I've ever been, like and you can see that surely, Like I'm fine, I'm not sitting here like who.
Speaker 5: I'm not sitting here?
Speaker 6: Like my life is shit.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: When I came to Ballet to do this, I had initially planned on documenting every single part of this whole journey, including like as Beck was marked up you know inside there, like draw on their bodies or and all that stuff and get them in the gowns. But as we arrived at the hospital, instead of going like upstairs with Beck, I actually thought, I'm not sure I want to do that anymore or be that present for like every single step, and I thought maybe my documentation should pick up just later in the day once Beck has like woken up and she's back at the hotel were staying.
Speaker 6: And this is where I think I'm going to leave you because I don't actually think I want to document beyond this.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 2: I'm laughing the light. You can just back out. I will wish you luck and see you on the other side.
Speaker 1: But now, and here is the interesting thing, because as I returned to the hotel after we just filmed that last cliff and Beck went upstairs, I was planning and just hanging out by the pool for the day because I thought, hey, she's going to be at least what three four hours, like even though the procedure is only forty minutes itself.
Speaker 2: You know, there's all the pre.
Speaker 1: Surgery stuff, post surgery stuff like the checks and the you know, there's actually this belief I'm seeing a lot like I wouldn't trust going to Ballet for surgery. I wouldn't trust these overseas hospitals. And I'm going to be honest, I felt the same prior to coming here, but having seen this whole area, like, I am actually impressed that, to be honest, it's nicer than the hospital I went to in Sydney.
Speaker 2: And they take all this stuff like.
Speaker 1: Very very very very very very seriously, to the point that it seems a bit unnecessary.
Speaker 2: But that's a good thing anyway.
Speaker 1: What I'm trying to say is I came back here expecting to like actually have what could be half a day of holiday here in Bali where I could.
Speaker 2: Drink a bin tang by the pool.
Speaker 1: Because this whole thing has randomly taken quite a toll on me in a weird way.
Speaker 2: Like it's been.
Speaker 1: I find it hard to switch off quite a lot in my life. I go from pro it's to project and when I'm in a project, I get very invested. I can't just like be on the outside looking in and do like a surface level thing. I often find and this is a problem sometimes, but also you could say it to a positive because it means I give my everything to everything. But like with this, I did think i'd also be able to like come on document this.
Speaker 2: And have a little bit of a holiday. But even in the few hours here and there I've had where I don't.
Speaker 1: Need to work or edit or record or speak to people, I just haven't been able to switch off and relax because I think I'm just thinking about this all constantly and how silly I find it, and how I wish we could change things, but hey, we can't anyway. Yeah, So I planned and having half the day to myself to chill, but then my phone pings and it was back and I hadn't even made it to the pool yet and ordered a bintang and she's like, I'm coming back, and I'm like wait, and she had changed her mind, and I was like, wait what, I literally just left you at the hospital, And as she said she was coming back, I was like, oh shit. So I immediately like grabbed the mics and sorry the camera guy and like set up for once she was back and ready to explain everything, and yeah, here is me and back talking once she did make it back to the hotel.
Speaker 3: So you didn't get the surgery done, no, So I went to the hospital, like all the other girls have got.
Speaker 5: It done now, and.
Speaker 3: They all seem happy, they're not in agony.
Speaker 5: I went to the hospital. It's state of the art.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful, like one of the most amazing hospitals I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 5: But you but I didn't know if.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I walked in and I thought, you know, am I ready? Is this what I want to do?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I just think that I'm gonna take a little bit of time to think about it a little bit more.
Speaker 6: I'm happy or taking j I even like, I don't know what you're gonna do. I'm gonna go back to Australia. You said you're gonna stay in Ballei.
Speaker 5: For an extra way, so yeah, like, yeah.
Speaker 6: It isn't something too rushing, and I know you get this opportunity and it seems great and exciting. All these other girls and they're all doing it for the wrong reasons, as I just say, they're walking around the result now in those corset things, after having it done and their all living life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's their story.
Speaker 2: They've got their reasons.
Speaker 6: A lot of them are even like their sayings was like they loved their body before, but they would love this change, which again that's on them.
Speaker 5: Mm. But for you, and I.
Speaker 6: Suppose you're the one I'm kind of here documenting most, it's different story.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think.
Speaker 3: I think there's just a lot to think about, isn't there. You know, And at the end of the day, you know, I'm not being pressured to do this. You know, the the the the company that's brought me out here isn't pressuring me saying you've got to get it done.
Speaker 5: You to do this, you got to do that. So I have full I have the full ability.
Speaker 3: To make that decision as to whether or not it's something that aligns with me and what I like, if I want.
Speaker 5: To do it.
Speaker 3: And so getting to the hospital today, you know, and you know I've made friends with all of these girls now, friends that I'll have for life with them. But yeah, I walked in and I thought, I'm not ready yet. I don't know if I will be ready. I don't know if I'm going to go ahead and get it done. Like I said, I've got given myself an extra week here in Bali to decide. But from a standpoint of you know, my surroundings and the doctors and the hospital stop notch, stop notch.
Speaker 5: So I felt comfortable there. It's just.
Speaker 3: Is this going to align for me and my body and my and what I want. And that's what I'm still working out. It's not a no, but it's not a you know, it's not a yes right now. So I'm just gonna give myself some breathing room and some thinking room and work out what I want to do. And I think that that's fair, right, Yeah, I think it's fair.
Speaker 6: I will say that what you said just off off camera. Then you're going to go see a spiritual healing get them to help make the decision. Yeah, really the best way to approaches.
Speaker 3: But I saw it's really six spiritual hero on the beach before, so I thought I might maybe go and get some maybe get go and get some help from the universe and.
Speaker 6: Get some guidance, not get them to make a decision.
Speaker 5: I'll get some gardens.
Speaker 3: They won't make the decision for me. Although no, they won't make the decision for me. But yeah, I'm gonna go and get some garden.
Speaker 6: Cuts. It with you. I suppose don't leave me in Australia. I'm full of.
Speaker 5: Bites. Look, let's just see. Hey, let's just see.
Speaker 3: I'm excited, but I'm also cautious and I I think I've made the right decision to stop.
Speaker 5: Think, chill, see.
Speaker 3: The girls, interact with the girls, see how they feel. I know that they're all very happy at the moment. They have no regrets. But I'm just gonna take a little moment for myself.
Speaker 6: I feel like you haven't done that this year at all. Everything's been a whirl wind since the day you were announced for Maths.
Speaker 5: Oh it's been wild.
Speaker 3: Like I am lucky enough, like you know I even you posted it, Like I'm getting more work than any other person from Maths. Right, So I'm super lucky. But I haven't had a moment to just chill. I haven't had a moment to actually just sit still, like I've been home for a matter of days in the past three months, like I live in airports. So yeah, I'm gonna take this week to relax, really think, read journal, and work out. What I see for myself. You know, everyone keeps on going on about how I need therapy and I need mental help and whatnot. I'm very in tune with myself and what I need and what I want. I am. You know, people can make assumptions from snippets that they see of my life on social media, but I know who I am, and I think that it takes courage to sit here and go, well, actually, I am taking a step back to think about it, you know, Like I think that that shows growth. I think that that shows that my intuition and I listen to my guard and yeah, I'm not saying it's a no though by any means, but right now it's a hold up.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there you have it. Guys.
Speaker 1: What happens next, who knows, But I suppose the takeaway here for everyone from this little series is don't rush into things like this. Don't get carried away and caught up in the excitement when there's a new thing or something's being offered to you, or your friends are doing something, or you've seen an influencer you like do something and like, just yeah, don't rush into making decisions that you can't undo. And this isn't even just about surgery. That's about everything in life, right. You know, take as much time as you want with it, and even if it's a big decision, even when you think you've made your mind up and you're like, yeah, but I'm gonna do it, like, even take another week if you have to, to really sit with that choice and think about the risk versus reward, think about why you're doing it, and you know, keep asking yourself, am I doing this for myself or for others? And you know, is this a decision I've made for myself or haven't made it because society has made me feel a certain way and other people or things or just the world has made you want to do this?
Speaker 2: And you know, even.
Speaker 1: Ask yourself, do I love myself before I do this? And do I see it as an enhancement that you're happy with or without, rather than seeing it as what like a fixture that you think you need to try and potentially compensate for something else. Again, with most of this series you've listened to from BALI, I haven't written much of a script here. I just got scraps of notes and many thoughts in my head. So I hope this is making sense as I speak into the void of my hotel suite before I pack up to go back to Sydney, because yeah, I kind of miss home, to be honest, But yeah, this series. I came here with no idea what to expect for me. At least, it's been quite a journey, quite a ride. I hope you've enjoyed it, and I hope the messaging that I got to while working this out here on ground has resonated with someone is being conveyed properly. And I'll potentially do another final app once I'm back home or can articulate myself a little bit better when I'm not.
Speaker 2: Just hit fuck.
Speaker 1: I can't have and speak here still in the thick of everything, with a million things racing around my mind. But yeah, thank you for listening, watching, commenting, getting involved all that lovely stuff.
Speaker 2: And I will Yeah, see you, guys, I will. I'm not going to see it. I'll chat to you again. I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, say it. Actually, no, I do have a better way to end this. Stop changing your ribs, everyone, just stop it. It's silly, and if you really want to do it, spend a few weeks thinking why are you doing it? And then make your mind up? But also do we need to change your ribs? And okay, we're changing our ribs, Now what are we going to change next?
Speaker 2: A kidneys? I don't even know. I'm study a shirtless doing this.
Speaker 5: Its hard.
Speaker 1: I don't even know where my kidneys are, to be honest, or why I would need to change them. But then again, I didn't even know people would want to change the ribs unless you're Marrily Manson, like I said in a couple of episodes back, because we all know the rumor there that he did that too. Now, this isn't how I want to end this series by going back to the Marrily Manson rumor that he removed ribs to Sucky's own penis.
Speaker 2: But maybe that's how we do end it.
Speaker 1: Say it