Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: Welcome the late base.
Speaker 1: Well, good evening. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond coming up. What happens when Democrats are asked to bear the burden of their own bad policies, Well, they perform an Olympic Award winning backflip. That's what they do. We'll show you one of those a little later. Plus, when we look at the papers, interest rates on hold, but the Reserve Bank governor says that's not to rule out a future rise. And Australian mining companies invited to dig up New Zealand. We'll get to all of that. Plus when we look at the papers. Obviously, one of the big stories tomorrow is today's Melbourne Cup. I just want to let you know we will not let Caleb Bond off the hook for his dodgy tips.
Speaker 3: N Heyesingle when no, of course, you only have one win.
Speaker 4: But one of the horses I tip came in third, so don't totally canly.
Speaker 1: Or well that's cold comfort when it came in third. I tipped it to come in third, and as a result, my pocket is a fair bit lighter.
Speaker 5: Than how many times do I have to tell you what trusted.
Speaker 1: I believe him. We'll hold a little later, but first. An Aboriginal land claim over a picturesque park in one of Sydney's wealthiest suburbs has raised the question all over again should Australian spaces be for Australians or should they be divided up and given out on the base of race. Mossman City Councils say they will fight the land claim that would give freehold title of Little Ashton Park near Taronga Zoo to an indigenous group. They'll argue the park is regularly used by locals and so shouldn't be given away to an aboriginal organization. The president of Mossman Parks and bush Land Association, Kate Eccles, said, our position on land claims is that public land should be for all Australians and the problem with land claims is we often don't know the intention for the land claim when they're submitted. Is it to stay as public land for the benefit of everyone or is there some other intention? The problem is we don't know. It doesn't mean to say there are plans to develop the land, but we'd be very sorry if the park was to be lost. There's an issue of principle. There's an issue of process and there's a massive paradox here. On principle. The president of the Bush and Parklands Association is absolutely correct. Australian land should be for Australians. Didn't we change the national anthem to sing we are One and free? And it was only last October we held a referendum and to be fair, it was about a voice to Parliament, but the No campaign made the campaign broader than that. They asked Australians to reject dividing us by race and that resonated with the population. Sixty percent said we agree, we don't want to be divided by race. That's the principle. There's also an issue of process here, and that is that most of these land claims are secretive. This particular one in Moss was made in two thousand and nine, that's fifteen years ago, but it's only now come to public attention that the Council has been asked to respond. These land claims are kept secret out of commercial sensitivities for the indigenous groups. But what about sensitivities to locals? What about taking local people into account? For a number of years now, locals around that park have spent hundreds of hours volunteering planting seven hundred trees, giving up their time to remove noxious weeds, the whole time oblivious to the fact there's a land claim sitting in a government office and the property may be taken away from general use. Twenty six thousand land claims currently exist in New South Wales, most of them unknown to the public. And then Calebin lives. There's a massive paradox here, and that is that, as I said, sixty percent of Australian said we don't want to be divided by race. But I'll tell you one electorate in this country where it was almost an inverse of that result. In Waring, which incorporates Mossman, fifty nine and a half percent of people voted yes. Now here's the problem. They now don't want their park to be given to people on the basis of race. Well, if you don't want the country divided by race, you have to stand on principles, and that is we are one, so you don't start down that road in the first place. So there's the irony. They voted yes to the voice and I'll say, oh, but we didn't think our park would be taken from it.
Speaker 4: You might say, you get what you deserve, but thankfully the rest of the country is a little more sensible and sorted that one out. The fact that this system exists in the first place is the problem here, right. You can't blame the local Aboriginal land councils for whacking in these claims because the law says that's what they ought to do.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: There is a system that exists whereby supposedly, if a piece of land, piece of public land, is not used for its intended purpose for a number of years, an Aboriginal land council can make a claim to the state government and said, say we want at freehold. In what world does that make any sense? Like someone just gets to wander in and say, oh, well that's currently not being used by someone else, therefore it should be mine. Well, no, it doesn't work like that. Because it's public land. It is owned by everyone. It's owned in most cases by either the state government or the council for the benefit of all the people in the state or all the people in the council. A system whereby on the basis of race, and this is separate from native title, which has different rules and regulations around what you can do with the land. A system whereby on the basis of race, you can be given freehold land for free that you could then sell, you could then potentially develop, you could do all sorts of things with is racist and it is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And I remember cases, and.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about this in a minute, but there was one in Balmoral Beach earlier this year.
Speaker 5: I think it was were September last year, and I think.
Speaker 4: The appeal on that ended in June. They haven't been successful with that one, thank god. But again it was a different land council that wanted all of this land near Balmoral Beach, and when that came to light, I think a lot of people went, we've never heard of this system before, whereby you can just get freehold title land for zero dollars. There was all these stories coming out about what had happened with land that had been handed over, and one of the ones that sticks in my mind was a piece of land in front of a fire station that had been handed over because that particular tract of land was public land and the driveway into the fire station ran through that piece of land, and so the fieries had to pay rent to the local Aboriginal Land Corporation so they could drive their trucks over the driveway. This is what happens in a racist system like this.
Speaker 2: It should not exist.
Speaker 3: So you say you can't blame these Aboriginal land councils.
Speaker 5: For having to go. I mean, the system's in place, so why wouldn't you apply?
Speaker 3: But you can because according to the Aboriginal Lands Rights Act, which is what they're using, nineteen eighty three, that is the mechanism by which they're applying for these plots of crown land because they can. But that act specifically says only bother applying for land that fits this description, which is not used, not occupied, not needed or likely to be needed for an essential public purpose. Now, these guys keep going after prime spots of land, the one you just spoke about in Valmorl that's also same council, same Mossman council, has to keep batting these away.
Speaker 5: This is prime real estate. For those of you unfamiliar with New.
Speaker 3: South Wales, Mosmen is where the upper echelons of society live. Mossman is where you choose to live if you don't want to come into contact with the great Unwashed Mosman is where everyone dreams of living one day. Okay, So these Indigenous land councils apply for these plots of land that are worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and there's not an inch of mossman that isn't already used, okay, because every single inch of it is beautiful. So it's either privately owned or it's publicly very much appreciated by absolutely everyone here. The point in fact here, though, is that this horse has bolted. You mentioned we've changed our anthem to we are one and free. Well we need to change it again because we are absolutely not one. As of June last year, Aborigines and torrest Rait Islanders had control, end or owned seventeen percent of Australia's land mass. Over forty percent is under native title. Our country has been carved up right under our noses. It's continuing to be carved up. And we don't know when when these land councils a given freehold title, which means, as Caleb said, they can develop it, they can do whatever they want with it.
Speaker 5: We don't know who then has control of that land.
Speaker 3: And like this woman said, the association president Kate Eccles, what their intention is now we know that there has to be some intention. Otherwise you wouldn't apply to have freehold title. If you just were like, oh, we're not going to touch anything and it's going to be business as usual, nobody will even know what happened. Why would you apply for it in the first place. The sad truth of the matter is, I just think there's no walking this back either. What leadership, state or federal is going to come into power and say, actually, I'm terf and all that we are one nation and we're not going to do that anymore.
Speaker 4: Well, you mentioned before, James, the fact that there's no transparency in this system. I mean, this application has been lying around since two thousand and nine. And another example of this down in Victoria, this time involving rock climbing. Now, in Victoria they have of the biggest rock climbing area, some of the most popular rock climbing areas in the world in one case now and this came down from the Victorian government last night, right so on the eve of the Melbourne Cup, on the eve of the US election, when they know that the new cycle is going to be dominated by other things. The Victorian government tells rock climbers in Victoria and the rest of the world that half of their rock climbing spaces are probably going to.
Speaker 6: Be taken away from them. No, this is not a joke.
Speaker 4: This is going on in the Grampians Mount Arapiles. They are being told that literally half of this could be banned on the.
Speaker 6: Basis of cultural heritage.
Speaker 4: Now there's been an investigation, a secret investigation that's been going on into cultural heritage since twenty twenty. Parks Victoria says that between November twenty twenty and February twenty twenty three, Parks Victoria, with the support of the Barringhi Gadgean Land Council another Aboriginal land Council, conducted archaeological and environmental surveys at Mount Arapiles and Mita Rock in the do You write Cultural Landscape. These surveys were intended to record cultural heritage, regionally significant threatened plants and investigate the impacts of recreational activities on this rich cultural and environmental landscape. And on the basis of these reports, they are said now to be banning half of the rock climbing space.
Speaker 2: But they won't release the reports. They won't tell.
Speaker 4: Us what is actually in them, so we can see why we are no longer allowed to climb rocks in our own country. Save Grampians Climbing has been a group fighting against this. They said it was a wipe folks. The literal beating heart of climbing in Australia has been ripped out and discarded, and once again we cannot see why they just tell us it's a cultural heritage problem. I'm here therefore, you as Australians and people internationally.
Speaker 2: I mean the money this brings into the Grampians.
Speaker 4: People come from all around the world to go rock climbing in the Grampians. It is the place right and we're now told that half of it's going to be locked up on the basis of cultural heritage, that none of us can be availed off because that's dangerous.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Some of the information in this story is quite astonishing. A lot of the rock art is reportedly invisible to the naked eye, so we're not talking about really obvious things here. There's things that climbers had to be asked to provide the location of different sites because no one else was aware of it. So prior to climbers themselves reporting oh we've seen this or this. No one even knew these sites were there. And then the Australian newspaper reported that some of these protected sites were quote large stone tool quarrying and manufacturing sites. And I don't mean to be disrespectful, but when you're talking about thousands of years ago, I'm not sure you would call bits of rock used to chip off other bits of rock manufacturing sites. It's almost like any evidence of past aboriginal activity, no matter how mundane, automatically renders a location to be sacred and therefore unavailable for use by anyone else, except perhaps if there's a fee paid and some sort of regular ceremony carried out. And you mentioned this news was dropped on the eve of the Melbourne Cup holiday. There's been a consultation invited twenty eight days for submissions, but those applying online to submit their feelings about this decision are told quote, this consultation will not be reversing any changes to the areas that need to be protected. So what sort of consultation is it when you're told, by the way really not submit your opinion. We want you to know your opinion is not going to change anything. We'd love to hear from.
Speaker 5: You, but you were consulted, so you can't complain. Now.
Speaker 3: This is on top of already iconic rock climbing routes being closed years ago in the Grampians.
Speaker 5: And I remember that.
Speaker 3: Because me and my family when I was a kid, we used to holiday there all the time and Dad would take us kids on one of seven.
Speaker 5: So it's a real trek up on these iconic.
Speaker 3: Stunningly beautiful We thought we were rock climbing. Really it's a beautiful trek with some like two second like uphills.
Speaker 5: I was a little fatty, so I was only.
Speaker 3: There with a chocolate break stat and stop and be like do we need sustenance And I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh yeah, crumbs, the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, crumbs. The cat over here.
Speaker 3: But the list of these iconic Australian stunning sceneries that are being ripped away from everyday Australians making memories of a lifetime, I'll never.
Speaker 5: Forget those Grampians.
Speaker 3: There was the Elephants High There was some of them, I remember their names, but they were all stunningly beautiful and we holidayed there regularly. Which is the most beautiful national park in New South Wales.
Speaker 5: You can't go there anymore.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you're white as rock, can't climb that anymore?
Speaker 5: Sorry, why you're white?
Speaker 3: Saint Mary's Peak in South Australia, Flinders Rangers, the tallest.
Speaker 5: Peak, the best of the lot.
Speaker 3: You can't go to the summit anymore because well, your white glasshouse Mountains in Queensland, three of the summits have been closed to you because I'm sorry, wrong skilled, skin color, wrong ethnicity, you're not indigenous. You can't go here, as well as Mount Gillen in Alice Springs, close to the rest of us, but available to others.
Speaker 5: When is enough going to be enough?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you just keep this list, every time one of these stories comes out, you add to it and you're just like, how how much is too much?
Speaker 5: Like, at what point are we going to go?
Speaker 3: Look, we did actually take it all when he came. I mean that's what you do. So unless you give it all back and we just clear out like we often joke about, which will never happen, then it's never going to be enough.
Speaker 4: Anwother thing I don't get is from a cultural heritage perspective, If you want to tell the story of these areas, surely the best way to do it and to endear people to the stories is to actually get them to come and enjoy the spaces. And so if they come and they climb at the Grampians or they walk up Eolarou or whatever, and there's a story to go along with it, does that not add to the experience and actually educate people at the same time. Would you not be more inclined to learn about the local Aboriginal history if you could participate in the history while you're there.
Speaker 2: I don't get it from that perspective.
Speaker 1: I mean there's the internal contradictions too, because indigenous groups themselves disagree over what should be protected and what should not. I think in Mount Warning there's certain indigenous groups that wants to be able to climate and they're not allowed to climb it either because of other indigenous grips. So the whole thing is messed up. And then there's the penalties in Victoria. If you are now found to be climbing in one of these sacred or protected culturally heritage cultural heritage protected sites, it's a three hundred thousand dollar five Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Imagine doing that by accident. And they're like.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, you're not indigenous. That'll be three hundred thousand smackers. Thank you very much to the US. Now, where as we know it's finally happening, you're probably already tired of hearing about it.
Speaker 5: And think of how tired we are talking about it.
Speaker 1: But the polls are open.
Speaker 5: It is a morrow. Now, you'll be watching tomorrow. We'll all be glued.
Speaker 3: We've all got our lifetime supply of popcorn stocked up. But I tell you who has disappeared from the campaign trail since Saturday, and that is the current President, Joe Biden. Because just days after he called hundreds of millions of Americans garbage for supporting Donald Trump, he gave his last speech at Scranton, Pennsylvania, and this time decided to tell them all exactly what he'd like to do to those Republicans.
Speaker 7: Now, I know some of you guys are attempted to think as much your guys.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, man, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Serious, these are the kind of guys you like to smack an ass. A lot of commentators at this point are just saying this guy hates Kamala. They keep pushing him out on the campaign trail. He does these one liner gaffs that then dominate the media. She gets she's gasping for air with regards to media attention because this guy says one little line like Republicans are garbage.
Speaker 5: I want to smack their asses.
Speaker 3: And that dominates the media for hours and hours. Well, Elon Musk was very quick to respond to this, tweeting, first he calls me gay, then he says he wants to.
Speaker 5: Touch my ass.
Speaker 3: It's not hard to figure out which side of this debate has the better sense of humor. Ladies and gentlemen, but get this. At least Joe has some funny gaffs. All Kamala has every time she takes the stage is just a copy paste of what she said at the last rally and the rally before that, and the rally before that.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to make your voices her?
Speaker 8: Do we believe it?
Speaker 2: Form?
Speaker 3: Do we believe in?
Speaker 8: Johnny?
Speaker 7: Don't believe?
Speaker 5: I don't remember her?
Speaker 3: Really, you can come up with a slightly different version.
Speaker 5: I mean, they're just hours apart. Some of these rallies. You can get a speech writer to just throwing a.
Speaker 3: Few one liners unique to the last one. No, that's all She's capable of and that's all they've got. I mean, it's just sad at this point, and I'm glad it's almost over right. It is finally polling day. We can just count the votes and get on with the rest of it.
Speaker 4: Poor old Joe Biden, I mean, because he's from Scrans in Pennsylvania, right, and Pennsylvania, as we know, is one of the swing states that.
Speaker 6: Will probably decide this election.
Speaker 4: And he gets told after being booted from the Canada, to see, you know, he's got his final months in office, and clearly he's been told in the dying days of the campaign.
Speaker 2: Sorry, buddy, we.
Speaker 6: Don't want you any needed.
Speaker 4: The blokes will just come out and go rogue. I want to see Joe Bide doing like this this morning, as in US time, this morning. So when I go home tonight and people are waking up in the US and getting ready to go out to vote, and I'll be watching the coverage on Fox at you know, about two am this morning, our time, I want to see Joe Biden coming out walking around telling people to vote Donald Trump. I want to see him walking around saying that's silent. They've bound me up and put me in a bunker somewhere, like just go road, mate, come out and tell us exactly what you think about Kamala Harris. That could tip the election, I think. But the bull bugger, you know, all these years in public life and then in the last moments of it he's told, sorry, mate, we that wants you any book.
Speaker 1: The way this election has gone, that would not surprise. I mean, you would believe anything at the moment. But like you say, he's not wanted in Pennsylvania though it's his home state. But they've got Oprah, they've got Lady Gaga, but they don't want the sitting president of the United States anywhere near the place. And do you remember when Biden dropped out of the race and Donald Trump spent a couple of weeks kind of adjusting because he was really enjoying the idea of taking on Joe Biden and he had to recalibrate for Kamala Harris. But then every time Biden opens his mouth, for instance, Biden called everybody garbage and Trump immediately had a garbage truck, had the garbage collector outfit on. Trump really likes campaigning against Joe Biden and Joe Biden and keeps giving him opportunities to do so with that Kamala Harris grab where you had the three rallies where she's sang the same thing. But my disappointment in our producers with that clip. I really wanted them to zoom in so we could see the strings on Kamale.
Speaker 4: Because it was she had it right down to the movements the.
Speaker 2: Same. If she's not scripted, she can't say.
Speaker 4: And you mentioned Oprah there right now through all of the swing states, they've been doing a blitz with these rallies. Oprah got up today and spoke and went to the old grab bag, the same stuff that we know led to people trying to shoot at Donald Trump. Oh, he's a threat to democracy, he's a dictator. Most recently we've been told he's literally hitler. Well, Oprah repeated the same lines today, saying, look, Donald Trump comes along, democracy.
Speaker 8: Could put We don't get to set this one out. If we don't show up tomorrow, it is entirely possible that we will not have the opportunity to ever cast a ballot again.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes it is possible, but it's also possible if people don't show up to vote tomorrow, that I will get hit by a bus on my way to the studio tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Anything is possible, Oprah.
Speaker 4: You don't just get to get away with it by saying that it is honestly preposterous that even at this point they're still running these same old lines. There is no one left well, I hope not. There is no one left in America who is sitting there today or tomorrow whatever it's about five am or so in the US at.
Speaker 2: The moment, sitting there going hmm.
Speaker 4: I haven't really been inclined to go out and vote yet in this election, but Oprah told me that if I don't go out and vote tomorrow and Donald Trump gets a it will.
Speaker 2: Be the last election the ever I must go and vote. Does anyone believe this?
Speaker 3: Non interestingly, this is exactly what Elon Musk said to Joe Rogan the most watched podscast in the world, because he said, this will be the last election if the Dems get up. Yes, because again with regard to the millions of illegals they've let flood into the country. In four years time, those guys are going to be established. They will be on the electoral votes. And as Elon says, the rest of the country will be exactly like California, which is deadlocked blue. There is absolutely no way around it. That state will eternally be blue. And the reason why the Democrats facilitated millions of illegals flooding into the country and made sure to funnel them into very well planned out cities and states was to ensure that they would be elected, especially in the years to come, even if they lose this election. It's a very worrying figure. So he's saying the same thing as Oprah, essentially, but for a very different reason.
Speaker 1: That the amazing thing is that the Democrats keep repeating these outlandish lies. I mean, we've been told that if Trump wins, he'll put Asians in internment camps. Women have been told if Trump wins, he will monitor every pregnancy in the United States. It's just to make sure they go full term personally, Actually.
Speaker 4: Is you going to come and he'll ill come and be the gynecologist?
Speaker 2: Still, I'll do it all.
Speaker 1: We've been told that there is the military against his opponents, all sorts of things. And clearly the Democrats think that voters are absolute idiots.
Speaker 5: Well Democrat voters are. They're appealing to the base.
Speaker 1: You know, Speaking of which, a little bit has been made of the Australian ambassador in the United States at the Albans, who could be in some trouble. Kevin r What are you sorry so I want to get onto alberin Ez.
Speaker 2: You've not broken a story on the lake?
Speaker 5: You heard any ladies and gentlemen. We wish he was in the state.
Speaker 1: Kevin Rudd is our ambassador in the US. It could be in some trouble if Trump wins because he said some horrible things about Donald Trump. But to give Kevin Rudd his due, when he said horrible things about Donald Trump, Donald Trump was no longer the president and Kevin Rudd was no longer serving in any official government position, unlike Anthony Albanezi, our current Prime minister, who back in twenty seventeen was the opposition transport spokesperson and he had these things to say about Donald Trump back then. How do you deal with Trump?
Speaker 2: Like with trepidation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how do you get by like what do you tempt your language?
Speaker 2: Well, you've got to deal with who was elected.
Speaker 7: So we're have an alliance with the US, We're going to deal with him. But that doesn't mean that you're uncritical about it. He's scarce out of me, And I think it's of some concern that the leader of the free world thinks that you can conduct politics through one hundred and forty characters on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Well, if Trump scares the bejeebas out of Anthey Albanesi, Anthe Alberanesi scares the hell out of most of us. But certainly now our prime minister is starting on the back foot with a second Trump presidency after those remarks, Kevin Rudd is not our biggest problem.
Speaker 3: You don't scare the bejimis out of anybody.
Speaker 1: Are serious if you look at the economy, the cost of living.
Speaker 3: No, what he is talking about is Trump being a fearsome person. Yeah, because it is not a limp wristed loser man, and he does command millions with his one hundred and forty characters that you're making fun of. It amuses me no end when these men who are not one tenth of another man's consequence take to picking on that guy, Like you've heard similar from Turnbull, just totally trashing Trump, and you're like, when you have an ounce of that guy's consequence, then come birching and moaning to us until then just shut up. It makes you look like this weak little gnat in this giant titan's presence, and you're just yapping away at their hills, being like, yeah, well they're an idiot and I hate them by they scare their sahi t out of me, Like what a loser.
Speaker 4: The look of him there, the notch in the chairman's lound might have been scared of him.
Speaker 6: Circle twenty seven. He's lost a lot of weight.
Speaker 4: I look a bit like mister Albertezy in that circumstance personally. But before we move on, you know, forget about everything we just talked about. I'm now going to bring you the most important story in the US election.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Forget about the posters, forget about me, forget about everyone else you've watched on Sky News tonight telling you who's going to win the election. A hipp ho has decided yes. A pygmy hippopotamus in Thailand known as Mu Ding, a very popular online went viral a few weeks ago because you can look at her there, she's so cute. She has Donald Trump on top of the watermelon she is eating. There, you can see it, says Donald Trump in Thai. I can't actually read it. But anyway, Mooding has decided Trump is going to win the election.
Speaker 6: There's no arguing with that.
Speaker 2: If Mooding says it, it's got.
Speaker 6: To be true.
Speaker 1: I cannot around these stories have poles every election. There is like an octopus that yes, isn't there a crocodile in North Queens? And who chooses every election?
Speaker 2: Do people seriously the attention?
Speaker 3: What does this say about us as a species? Are we really this board where he's just baby hippo in Thailand was given two watermelons and chose the one with Trump written on it, like, yes, this is news ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 5: But it has gone.
Speaker 3: Viral, which always makes me ask myself, what does this say about us as a specie?
Speaker 1: Well, we're not superstitious at all, but the hippopotamus did say we're talking about anti Albanesi. Of course, he's been in the wars with revelations that he was a very frequent flyer with Quantus when he was in opposition as the transport spokesperson, he had something like twenty two upgrades worth something like six figures, and of course that's been a massive headache for him. Will now Quantus, in one of those moves that makes you go HM, have instituted a training course for all of their staff. It just began yesterday, as coincidence would have it, warning employees not to give gifts to politicians without first getting legal advice, lest they risk being accused of bribery or bring reputational damage upon the airline. The section of Quantus training which has been given to staff says quote offering gifting or receiving these benefits on a modest scale is sometimes used as a token of gratitude or respect to strengthen relationships among business people. Depending on the circumstances, value and frequency, it is possible that these gifts, befits and hospitality gifts could be used to improperly influence decisions, or could be a conduit to disguise bribery. Now, of course I'm not suggesting any of that happened with Anthony Alberanisi. But they talk about the value and frequency of these gifts. Well, the value is believed to have been as I said, six figures and the frequency what about twenty two upgrades? Interesting? The Quantus have just now decided to do this training if they course of course, say there's no reason it's being done now. It's just a coincidence of timing. A spokesperson said. The rollout of this training has been planned for a number of months and is linked to new anti bribery legislation, not recent media coverage. Many other companies across multiple industries have also introduced similar courses as a result of this new legislation. Nothing to see here, Klee.
Speaker 6: Well, terribly convenient, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, you know I said last week, and I'll maintain that even though you might call it where you can't really blame Quantas for wanting to give the then Transport Minister a few upgrades in the hopes that something may come down the line for them. That's obviously why you would do something like of course, right, I mean, it's keeping your mates close, which in most cases I would say is good business. But how funny because they're saying that it's anything over the value of two hundred dollars should.
Speaker 2: Be referred to the legal department.
Speaker 4: And it makes me wonder whether this will entirely kill the idea of these upgrades unless they decide well in advance, like it's not going to be they work out oh, we've got a couple of spare seats in business mister Albinisi, would you like when mister Albert.
Speaker 2: He's got his own plane these days.
Speaker 4: But you know, mister Claire or mister Charmers or any other minister, would you like to come up?
Speaker 2: They won't be able to do that unless they're going to get straight onto the legal department.
Speaker 4: Please please let me know if I can get the minister up to business class before I do this.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's going to happen. Very convenient timing, very convenient timing.
Speaker 1: High least the legal apartment will be pretty busy too.
Speaker 6: Well, well, got to give him something to do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: You will remember back to the Olympics when there was a boxer by the name of Iman Khaliff, who we were told was apparently a woman competing in the women's boxing went on to win gold. There were other women competing against Califf who said, I do not like this. One competitor from memory pulled out forty seconds into about Because, of course, there was a cloud over whether Califf was actually a man or a woman, because the international body that looks after boxing had previously run genetic tests and said that Califf had male chromosomes, ie he was a male, and would you believe it?
Speaker 2: This has been vindicated.
Speaker 4: Now, Remember the IOC, the International Olympic Committee, refused to do any tests of their own and questioned the validity of the tests that had previously been done. Will This report comes via Piers Morgan and he says a shocking medical report about Califf, drafted in twenty twenty three between hospitals in France and Algeria, was leaked to a French journalist and confirms the boxer has a disorder of sexual development, which means he has male chromosomes and some male sexual organs, including internal testicles and a quote unquote micro penis, but no female uterus. So for all intense purposes, Califf is a male and therefore should not be competing in women's boxing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: The IOC, and we talked about this extensively at the time, just dismissed this out of hand and said there was no case to answer here. They refused to do any testing of their own. They didn't care whether it could have been a case of transgenderism or into sex or whatever. They just said, this is not a problem. Well, the actual report by a hospital. This is not some hokey stuff has been leaked to a journalist and shows that califf as male chromosomes. The IOC ought to apologize to every other woman who competed in the female boxing we got it wrong. But we're not going to hear that from them, are we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are the chances that will get any admission that they got it wrong, let alone an apology to the other competitors. But it's worse than an apology for other competitors missing out on potential gold medals. Yeah, other competitors were hit in the face by someone who should never have been allowed to have been in the ring. And as you said, the IOC were aware of this a year before the Paris Olympics. They deliberately turned a blind eye. And I remember IOC spokesman, I forget his name now, but he did a press conference where he said, if only there was a scientific way to differentiate between men and women, and we're very open to listening if someone could come up with a way. And all of this was already.
Speaker 3: Like a chromosome test, coumented like a chromosome test, and they.
Speaker 1: Allowed it to go on.
Speaker 5: There should be held to pay for this absolutely.
Speaker 3: In fact, there should be hell to pay for all of the DSD candidates who have competed at Olympic levels since the two thousands, over ten medals on the Olympic stage have been won by males who were competing as females by virtue of DSD, this disorder of sexual development that they're talking about, so can appear to be females, and like Khalif was raised as a girl. You can see pictures of them as a small girl dressed in dresses, etc.
Speaker 5: And so on.
Speaker 3: But the reality is someone with DSD has all the advantages of a male in terms of testosterone, bone density, all the other things that men have on us women when it comes to strength physically.
Speaker 5: You'll never get the.
Speaker 3: But so many other women have missed out on their chance for Olympic gold, silver, bronze because.
Speaker 5: Of same thing playing out.
Speaker 3: You'd think by now the IOC would be alive to this.
Speaker 5: Instead, they seem to.
Speaker 3: Celebrate it as oh, we've had this many DSD candidates win, instead of saying, hey, yeah, that's really unfair to the women who live and breathe to make it to Olympic levels, compete at that level and lose to someone who calls themselves a woman.
Speaker 5: But there is a lot of complications gone.
Speaker 1: And let's not forget anyone who pointed out the obvious during the Paris Games was absolutely lambastard and smear as transphobic and a bigot. Turns out they weren't a biggot at all. We're going to go to a break. When we come back, look at what's making news tomorrow that's coming up in this month. Okay, let's take a look at what's making news tomorrow, and Liz, I guess there's really only one story tomorrow, isn't there.
Speaker 5: It is dominating the headlines.
Speaker 3: The front page of the Ties, a world on Edge, battle of Celebs, guide to the poll, Trump the Harris d Day, The polls are opening in a matter of hours. You're going to be hearing all about it. Make sure you stay tuned on Sky News Australia to the front page of The Australian. The hour cometh, rancorps and division Now for Democracy Day and so the headlines go on and on, but to an interesting story also on the front page of.
Speaker 9: The Odds Resist your Urge to splurge.
Speaker 3: Alp told yes please, but will they listen, don't hold your breath. Reserve Bank Governor Michelle Bullock has warned Jim Charmers she expects him to be quote very conscious end quote of the inflationary impact of any pre election policies, while admitting this Central Bank underestimated the growth in government spending driven by an expansion of the care economy.
Speaker 5: Wow wow, okay.
Speaker 4: Did did Albanesis not have a scuffle with our own Peter Steffanovic, Yes, just a couple of months ago about this exact point, because Michelle Buller cod very clearly said that government spending contributes to inflation, and Anthony Alberanzi, straight faced, quite angrily said to Peter Steffanovic, No, that's not what Michelle Bullock said.
Speaker 2: No, that is not what she said. Was she said it again?
Speaker 4: If you want to pay any attention, buddy's she is literally she's saying here right that the government spending is a direct cause of inflation, and that the Reserve Bank underestimated exactly how much that government spending had increased inflation. How much clearer do you want us to make it, mister Albanisi, like it's there in black and white, and how.
Speaker 3: Super does he think we are Everyone knows that you don't have to be Adam Crichton top to no government spending equals inflation.
Speaker 5: It is the sole driver, that is it. End of My.
Speaker 1: Favorite part of this story is economists and backed up by the Reserve Bank governor warning the Albanzy government don't splash cash around prior to the next election. Do you really think they're going to listen to that? Although that will be quoted at every government promise between now and what April May. I hope so this will be quoted saying is this going to be inflationary? And I don't think the government can listen to that any more than Steven Miles in Queensland who threw money around like it was kinfetti.
Speaker 3: In a bit to win the election and still didn't work to the second splash in the front of the oars come and mine over the ditch.
Speaker 9: New Zealand Resources Minister Shane Jones has warned against a trans Tasman virus targeting call well being budgets and green riddled fairy tales in a pitch for Australian companies to unlock new minds.
Speaker 3: Jobs and energy sources across the ditch. Now this is smart, right, because they're watching our government just pummel the mining industry with all sorts of green tape, all sorts of new laws, all sorts of even banks starting to say we will not loan to you if you want a loan that's related to one of these fossil fuel related projects.
Speaker 5: We're just not even going to give you money.
Speaker 3: So these guys go, we see an opportunity here, just come across here, make us rich instead, We've got plenty for you to do.
Speaker 1: Shane Jones, the Resources Minister in New Zealand, would that we had him as a politician in the Australian Party. He lets me to come across. He says, we want to make New Zealand the easiest place in the world to do business, and he described the just Adern government as unicorn kissing naivety in their green policies. He says energy security must trump climate catastrophism every single time, and his favorite saying caleber is coal before the doll and I have coal, You'll end up being on welfare. So dig it up, oversell it.
Speaker 2: Go there.
Speaker 1: In Marlotte Mark the Economy movie, can.
Speaker 4: Nicole here bro Let's go to the front of the Herald Sun tomorrow where they would a.
Speaker 6: Nice little play at the top of the paper.
Speaker 4: The race that stops the world, and then of course below it is the race that stops a nation.
Speaker 6: The Melbourne Cup today. Oh what a night.
Speaker 4: The headline says, a photo finish, A long shot winner in Knight's Choice, a former singing show contestant turned champion jockey, a female lossie battler trainer who was distraught days ago after her other runner was scratched, and now has a second triumph from two attempts, A punter's three point two million dollar pay day. The twenty twenty four Melbourne Cup delivered it all. This is what I love about the Melbourne Cup. Now we'll talk about the trainer, right, Sheila Laxon. She's one of the co train of Knight's Choice. She won with Ethereal in two thousand and one. Right has been hoping for another Melbourne Cup ever since, and two years ago she was on a Melbourne Cup cruise with the jockey Robbie Dolan where Robbie was singing as part of the entertainment and she was talking about Ethereal winning in two thousand and one, and here they are today together winning the Melbourne Cup on what was at one point at a ninety one dollar shot, the first horse trained in Queensland to ever win the Melbourne Cup. And there was one bloke who clearly didn't follow my tips last night. As I said earlier, Keita Sushi came in at third, so there was a chance of making some money out of me. But there was a bloke who put one hundred dollars on a first four on his labrok's account and he turned.
Speaker 2: That into three point two million dollars. I mean, can you imagine.
Speaker 4: He's just sitting there looking at your phone.
Speaker 2: You had a I'll have a bit on the mil.
Speaker 3: I we should publish those stories because then punters like you are always like God.
Speaker 5: A bit more could have been me, should have been me. Will we me next time?
Speaker 4: The dream of the Melbourne Cup right, If you can't actually win the thing with your horse, you might make a shitload of money out of it. There was another bloke in Bensdale, in Victoria who had twenty four dollars I think it was on a mystery first four, and he walked away with the more than seven hundred grand he was just out at the local RSL had a bit just put the mystery first four on.
Speaker 2: He's walked right with seven hundred grad What a great day.
Speaker 1: Could I just say, as excited as you are, you know those government warnings, gamble responsibly, you'll probably lose it. That was my experience last night. Caleb Bond told me one smooth operator up with twenty bucks on that horse, and from the moment the race began it was never sighted. At the end of my gambling. Now, I'm not interested horse racing and I'm not listening to you ever again. Maybe politics, sure, but horse raw.
Speaker 5: Do you listen to me? Mac, you would have saved you do. I told what a ripper?
Speaker 2: What a ripper race the Melbourne Cup.
Speaker 4: By the way, the attendance at the Melbourne Cup to day was up seven and a half percent, more than ninety thousand people through the gates there. And I want to tell you that no one's interested in racing up yours.
Speaker 1: It was a beautiful day in Melbourne too. The weather was sensational. Let's go to the front page of the Career Mail delays on age limits, a technology trial to ensure social media companies can enforce an age limit is yet to begin, more than six months after Labor announced funding for the critical step to protect children online at the Albanez. He promised in September six point five million dollars to do this trial and legislation would be in place before the end of the year, because he said, Australian young people deserve better and I stand with them. Safety and mental and physical health of our young people is paramount, he said. And they've not even begun the trial. There'll be no legislation this year. They've done absolutely nothing after making out like this was the biggest issue in the country.
Speaker 3: Remember every time this came up at the time, and I reminded everybody that firstly, we've known that social media is toxic for young people for as long as the two have existed, right, nobody's really cared. Nobody's done anything about it. There's mountains of research, and I said at the time, this has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with the fact it came just weeks after they got their Digital ID bill through the Parliament. Because what are you going to do if you've got to monitor people online their age, They have to verify who they are.
Speaker 5: The rest is history. My friends. And this just goes to show this was never about Oh, we've got to protect the youth.
Speaker 3: We've got to Otherwise you would have got onto it, you had the funding for it, you promised it, you've done nothing six months later.
Speaker 5: Okay, there you.
Speaker 1: Go, Liz store right again. We're going to go to a break. But stick around. We've got lefties absolutely doing backflips coming up in just a moment. Welcome back. Well if lefties don't like bearing the burden of their own bad policies, do they?
Speaker 5: Caleb?
Speaker 4: I know we were talking last night about a minister down in Victoria who's now saying we're gonna have twenty story buildings all over Melbourne, but not in my electorate.
Speaker 2: He doesn't even like three stories.
Speaker 4: And they often say that charity begins at home. So what happens when you go and ask Democrat voters in America who say they're all on board with the illegal immigrants and refugees, how about a home.
Speaker 6: So you would do anything for like all the.
Speaker 2: Guys, This is great.
Speaker 6: I think we found a new home for you guys. Guys, I don't understand what immigration. What do you mean you just said you wanted to support everyone now Okay.
Speaker 5: I don't know they'd like.
Speaker 2: Just like you guys did before, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: Can they say for dinner?
Speaker 2: Wait, well, we have your signature.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, if it's not the consequences of your own actions, heh.
Speaker 3: Ha ha for your hospitality, where your mouth is, where you say your values are well. Scientists have come up with a very quirky way to stop mosquito born diseases like zica, yellow fever, dengay by making male mosquitoes death. Turns out, mosquitoes mate while they're flying. But if the males can't hear the wing beats of female mosquitoes, they're not going to mate. They're not going to multiply mosquito mating expert who knew that was a thing? Dr jog Albert says the study provides the first direct molescular tests, which suggest that hearing is indeed not only important for mosquito reproduction, but essential. Without the ability of males to hear and acoustically chase, female mosquitoes might become extinct.
Speaker 5: Heck, I don't care how they do it.
Speaker 3: I think with mosquitoes of God's one mistake. Okay, that's fine, but the sooner we get rid of these the better. What do they even contribute to the circle of life, to the food chain.
Speaker 5: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Well, look, I reckon there would be some human males who would also like to receive this treatment, because if it meant they didn't have to listen to the screeching of some women with them Mosquito wild extra.
Speaker 1: We're going to finish there, but stick around coming up because the reader Peneio. You two can go at it now.
Speaker 5: We will