Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Mathsphenny podcast with me Joshua Fox. This morning, I'll be discussing Beth and TJ, this year's most low key couple who have mostly flew under the radar until this week, when TJ's lack of feelings were made more than clear during the homestays, mostly thanks to Beth's sassy mate who really steered things up.
Speaker 2: I don't know TJ, but listening to some of the stuff that he's set up, I'm like, wow, this seems really rehearsed.
Speaker 3: The friendship side of things between Beth and eys. The friendship that we've built too, like I see best friendship in the connection that we have is super super strong friendship.
Speaker 4: Using the word friendship quite a lot.
Speaker 1: Now, trust me when I say every girl needs a sassy, gay best mate in their life, and that is proof. TJ later then reiterated his lack of feelings towards Beth to his mate, saying this, so.
Speaker 3: What would you have to do between now and the end of the experiment for you to be feel different?
Speaker 4: For you to feel different?
Speaker 3: In mind a bit you can't write down on the list. If you do these things right now, we're gonna be perfect. I can't see how it would just snap in two weeks and change completely. And you know her parents wanted to answer last last night, if the experiments, my daughter gonna have a heartbroken.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: For any of you wondering why is TJ still on the show when it's quite clear after four weeks he's yet to develop any real feelings for Bev and is unlikely to ever do so, well, I was wondering that myself, so I reached out to a few people in the know and they all pretty much told me the same thing. Before I get to that, though, For the handful of hopeful romantics out there believing he will suddenly find feels and they're magically still together present day, one of my favorite TikTok creators, Aims Dicko, actually bumped into Beth randomly in a cosmetic clinic over the weekend and she just said, yeah, what's the go Are you still with TJ? And just listen to Beth's response.
Speaker 4: Guess who's here. It's Ben. It's a mass party. Beth is in the chair. She's gonna tell us all about her trauma. Spoiler, do you end up with TJ?
Speaker 1: So now back to my initial question, is TDA just stringing Beth along by this point or did he genuinely believe that he would develop romantic feelings towards her the more time that passed.
Speaker 4: I'm basically told by multiple people that he stuck.
Speaker 1: It out so long, firstly because he didn't want to look like a dickhead, a national telly, and according to the people have spoken to, TJ is actually a decent guy. But he knew from the very start that Beth was not for him. And this also feels horrible to say, but I suppose everyone has a personal preference. He wasn't really that attracted to her either, and again that's just because you know, she's not his type. Obviously, Beth is the and he sees that, but apparently just not the type of girl he would personally go for.
Speaker 4: Someone who knows TV in real life.
Speaker 1: Then went on to tell me that if he went on a first date with Beth in the real world, he wouldn't have asked for a second date, but he was cautious to at least try, you know, given this is married at first sight, not a random Tinder thing.
Speaker 4: And as much as he wanted to develop feelings.
Speaker 1: I'm told that he still never felt a spark, and then he just kind of stuck it out because he felt if he left too soon, he would look like a dickhead from not trying. But even when it then became clear to him that there would never be a spark, he then just didn't know how or when to leave, so he kept spinning that same line about you know, hopefully it will develop a relationship from the friendship.
Speaker 3: I'm in a situation that I dreaded the most that I have feelings for my partner and he possibly didn't have.
Speaker 5: Them for me.
Speaker 1: Another issue that I'm told apparently caused a lot of issues for them though, is the fact that Beth has never had a relationship as we know, and she's been pretty open about how she's been broken in the past. You know, once she's been intimate with a guy and then they kind of just ghost her. So like intimacy is a huge thing for her and for TJ, intimacy, well, it doesn't have quite as much emotional attachment to it, And that's going solely off this clip from TJ when he was on Big Brother in twenty twenty three talking about how many women he shagged. Take a listen to this.
Speaker 2: How many sexual partners have you had?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: That's not great at all. I'm not big brother. Can I give you a.
Speaker 4: No that has to be within ten No? You told us.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not proud of this, a ol big brother, and I hope that there's.
Speaker 3: No relationships that are breaking up the head.
Speaker 2: You might over two hundred. Oh, TJ, it's quite the little rabbit. Again, I'm not proud of it.
Speaker 3: And it was the old man.
Speaker 5: I think it's.
Speaker 1: Very crown that you're hot. So on one side, we've got Beth who's been fucked around by so many footboys before and she's now pretty vulnerable when it comes to, you know, dating and sex. And then on the other side, we've got TJ, who's previously shagged two hundred women. He wasn't vibing bed from the start, but he didn't know how to tell her, so you just strunger along. We're talking about hoping to build a connection which never came. And also it's worth pointing out here that TJ dragging out a non existence romance on a reality show with someone while hoping to develop romantic feelings for them isn't new either. Because this clip I've just found from his Big Brother twenty twenty three reunion episode seems to suggest that he did it on there with another housemate he met, cod Bella. Take a listen to this, as the entire cast of that season sat down with Sonya Krueger.
Speaker 4: Bella, have you too kept in touch?
Speaker 5: We have kept in touch. When TJ got out of the house, he messaged me straight away and kind of kept in touch ever since then. So it's been really nice.
Speaker 2: So you guys are just friends.
Speaker 3: No physical connection, if that's what you're asking been.
Speaker 4: No physical connection, okay, but that's.
Speaker 5: Not that you gotta worry about.
Speaker 2: It's the mental connection that you have to worry about.
Speaker 5: I'll just watch a movie tonight.
Speaker 4: You knew you were going to see her, he is there.
Speaker 2: There may be no physical connection, but is there a mental connection?
Speaker 4: Is there like an emotional connection?
Speaker 2: I think we definitely get along well.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Bella, Yeah, I think we've gotten along from day one, to be honest, and I think we've probably both like opened up to each other a little bit more and seen a bit more of each other's personality is coming out of the house, and that's been really nice.
Speaker 4: I don't know much background context of that.
Speaker 1: I didn't ever watched that season, and I don't think many if you guys did, since it flopped and was canceled after that. But the story just seems quite similar to what's happening now. So basically, to summarized, TJ and Beth, he knew from the start she wasn't for him. He gave it a go at the start, still realizing, nah, there's nothing there never will be. But he then didn't know how or when to leave, so he just didn't. And that's the place where right now, where it's just a bit awkward. That's all I got for you today. Thank you guys, and I will see you later. Have a lovely day.