Speaker 1: Apod Shape Production. Welcome back to another episode about I A Bad Mum podcast. Can you believe? We're halfway through the year?
Speaker 2: Do you know what someone said to me the other day It had ticked over into July, and they went, oh, my gosh, can you believe for like six months from Christmas? And I was like, what's wrong with you? Why are you even thinking about Christmas right now? It is July.
Speaker 1: It's actually five months. I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 2: That's just so close to me turning forty next year.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what's good though? Remember that year that you did lay By. You put stuff on coming out like June July sales.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's coming up.
Speaker 1: And then you were super organized and you had all your Christmas shopping done and paid for before Christmas? What about that? What about we start now? I know you don't want to start.
Speaker 2: This is my thing that I came up with against. Just give you some pros and cons with doing that. Yes, the price point obviously is dramatically reduced because I think all of them, like Big w Target, all of them come up right now with that half yearly sale. And at that time when my kids were that age, they still wanted toys as such, and I find that I've flipped into another category of sort of like the nine and eleven and not really wanting the toys as such. Does it make sense? And so I'm in that pickle of going no other places are really doing those big lay.
Speaker 1: By sales or clothes when clothes go on sale at this speed of which my children keep growing, my kids will be six foot by Christmas.
Speaker 2: Like, I can't keep up. I can't I keep buying all this stuff and then they go, oh, we'll just sell it if we grow out of it. You don't end up selling it. We've got forty five pairs of night Pros that you don't fit.
Speaker 1: And that's only in the space of four months. So stop growing, Stop growing? And you know the other thing I've got coming up?
Speaker 2: Birthday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's not just any birthday, it's sweet.
Speaker 2: Sixteen sixty driver's license, learner's license, learner's license.
Speaker 1: How they going with that?
Speaker 2: Saving up for a car and meeting halfway?
Speaker 1: Yeah, minus fifteen dollars at the moment.
Speaker 2: Am I a bad mum for completely and utterly losing it over mascara?
Speaker 1: Scara?
Speaker 2: This was a pre holiday's incident. That went down in the Thirday Household. It came off the back of Gracie going to camp. I let her do her own list, like as in, she took the piece of paper, she packed it. And when I say packed it, she packs it as in, lays everything out and then we go through just to double check that things aren't missing, yep, and then all is well from there.
Speaker 1: And she took all these perfumes.
Speaker 2: Remember I amp did out her whole fucking toiletry bag because she had forty five of those genio. I was like, yeah, cool, no, so she took one of those that was all fine. So I saw the toiletry bag, saw everything that was getting packed, saw the sleeping bag and the sheets and everything they have to you have take everything that was all good now on this sheet of paper. This sheet of paper specifically has a section at the bottom that says no makeup, no lollies, yeap, no, whatever it was basically banned was on the bottom. Yeah, she's had the same piece of paper for the whole time of packing, so she can read. She's eleven and it says no. Anyway, I was like, oh, yeah, that's fair enough. All goes well. Off She goes to camp, she comes home from camp. What happens when you come home from camp? Bag gets emptied. Mum's expected to clean everything. Like I'm talking. Everything was dirty, which is fine. Yep. This was a Friday, and then this Saturday morning she had dance. So I was doing this on the Saturday morning. So put a big load. One did the full load of the nine kilos because it was so much.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon? Just a quick side note on that. Do you wish that you had a second washing machine in times like that? People imagine if you had two washes and two dryers.
Speaker 2: I couldn't know, because then you just wash more. Oh, just the thought of washing. I have so much to fold at home right now. I did all of that. That was all great, pulled it all out. She's not home, she's half an hour off coming home from dance. Sam speaking her up. All was going well, life was well. Empty out the washing machine. Outcomes of this washing machine my brand new muscara that I only just recently bought from Mecca Katie. I don't buy much makeup. I don't spend money on makeup. It's not my thing. This particular mascara cost me, Like I think fifty bucks or sixty bucks or something. Right, one stick of muscara, because the girl had suggested that I might like this one because when you're washing your face, you literally can pull the.
Speaker 1: Pull it off.
Speaker 2: What do you call it? Like that?
Speaker 1: I've heard this too, yes, right, yeah, but I've always been like, oh, there's a lot of money to spend a mascara, but it works because I'm also lazy and time poor, so and I do want to wear it. It's easy to get off and I don't have to wear It's a convenience, convenience. He's like the Ida of makeup.
Speaker 2: Better out of five star fries.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, like I said, the Ida, Ah, I.
Speaker 2: Almost had a kinniption. I was like, why the fuck is my mascara in Gracie's clothing? And it was all just hers in my washing machine. Now I undid it because you know how you do the whole Oh maybe it's not gone in there as I've undone it. And I'm talking like a week or two, Katie, Like, I had this thing for a week or two and I undo the thing and I pull it out and this is just a fucking trickle of water run out of my mascara.
Speaker 1: No, it screwined.
Speaker 2: I was like, why why is this here? And I'm thinking, oh my god, she wouldn't have And then I tried to like walk away from the washing. It just be like ninety seconds, just gonna be chill, It's not going to be bad. It was bad so bad. Now let's fast forward the fact that I've stewed on it for thirty minutes and was like still hung out her washing did all of that. As she's walked in, she said, oh my god, I'm just starving and I can't put my bag where I'm just starting. I said, just walk your bag to your room and come back and you can have something to eat and we'll have a discussion.
Speaker 1: Katie.
Speaker 2: She turned to me and she looked at me and she goes, I know what you want to talk about? Like how do you know?
Speaker 1: What do you know that I want to talk about it?
Speaker 2: And she was like, I just know, and she walked off to put her bag in a room. Ah, it was building, and I made sure Sam stayed and she's come back around. She stood there and she goes, I know yep. I said, So I've just done your washing. I said, and what do you think I've found in your washing. She goes, yes, I know, I got in trouble for it already. What she got in trouble from her teachers for wearing mascara on the day that they left, and then for having Misscara on camp.
Speaker 1: But you didn't know about that. I didn't know she got in trouble. So actually, if she'd have been smart about it, she should have come back and put your mascara back in your makeup bag before you realized it was missing.
Speaker 2: But she didn't.
Speaker 1: She left it in the pocket of her pants and then it went through to wash and then she went through what I lost it Because she could have probably got away with that.
Speaker 2: I said, you're paying for my Misscara. I'm taking it out act might even by myself too. Two miscaras, and you're paying for both of them because you're replacing the one that you've broken. Like that's just wooded logged. I said, this whole arm. Why can't you trust me? I'm responsible. You don't give me enough credit for Why would I do that? And she just stood there and she still tried to fight back a little bit. But at the same time I think she knew that she was in so much trouble. I said to her, I can't. I'm just really sad. I'm sad at the moment because you've lied, You've gone against everything. You had the piece of paper there that clearly said no makeup. You've broken rules of school, you've gone against me, and you've taken my stuff. You've technically stolen my muscaa and taken it with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sad. How about the whole and this is kids in general again, but how about the whole fact that you don't give a shit about what I work hard for? Because I'm always I have this with food all the time. I will go and buy stuff lunchbox, nexs, whatever it might be, and then i watch them put it in the bar and I'm like, I've literally just gone and spent money that I've worked hard for on that, and then I'm watching you put it straight in the bin.
Speaker 2: What is with that? How to get that fifty and fifty at the moment? If you're shopping at IgA, burn itt just fucking lin it up and burn it, because that's what you're doing right now by tipping all that down.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: She just looked at me. She was like, I said, I'm sorry. Yeah, I said, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I said, I'm sorry. I don't really care. I care that I might have to pay it back, and I care.
Speaker 2: That you're right now caring about it.
Speaker 1: I certainly didn't care about the fact that you worked hard for that money and spent it on your own mescara. I don't care.
Speaker 2: When I took it out, I said, you can watch me buy it online as the money comes out of your account, I said, because that's got to her. That sucks having to buy me a new Messcara. I said, I might even get the more expensive one.
Speaker 1: I'm upgrading because it's the Muscara with interest. Now have kids, they said, it will be fun.
Speaker 2: You'll also be broke.
Speaker 1: You're you're just broke broke.
Speaker 2: Thank you for coming. Thanks for having kids.
Speaker 1: You're broke. Also sorry to Ida. First three of the bus. We welcome your sponsorship.