Speaker 1: You're a beast. How dare you pick this topic?
Speaker 2: I didn't know you were going to go Tarzi.
Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to separate bathrooms. We would like to acknowledge the Gadigle people of the e Or nation, the traditional custodians of this land, and pay our respects to the elders, both past and present. Welcome. My name's Cam Daddo, Mali Daddo, and it's us today. You've just got us. We're talking about the greatest film love stories and stories that shape the way we view love and relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like this.
Speaker 1: Now we're hoping this inspires some thought with you. What are your favorite love stories? Your favorite films? Firstly, honey, what is your favorite form of entertainment? Is it film? Is it TV? Is it me jumping up and down on the couch going I love you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: What is your favorite form of entertainment?
Speaker 2: The books? Can I say books?
Speaker 1: Why? Books are boring? I didn't think of books that wasn't on my list here books, But it makes so much sense with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, books are just my absolute Are.
Speaker 1: There any movies of books that you've read that have actually lived up to your imagination of the Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sometimes yeah. I mean, I think across the board people are going to say this that it's it's never as good as the book, because I love the idea of where you can take It's your imagination and you have your own feeling in essence about that love story that you're reading in the book. So sometimes it doesn't play out as well.
Speaker 1: Right, you know, it's your imagination.
Speaker 2: In research for today, I happened to come across something that I thought was really interesting. Do you know what the oldest romance's story is?
Speaker 1: The oldest romance story? Yeah, I'm gonna look, I'm just going to go right back to biblical I'm just going to go Adam and Eve.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, that's what I thought. Well, I guess you'll understand what I mean when I say this being a yeah. Yeah. It's called the Love Song for Shin Sin and it was written about two thousand years before Christ in ancient Mesopotamia, and it's considered the oldest love poem that exists in text form but also functioned as a song performed during a sacred marriage ceremony. Wow, isn't that beautiful?
Speaker 1: It is beautiful, And that feels to me like when I ask you what's your favorite form of entertainment? Mine is I do love the visual thing of movies, but it's singing.
Speaker 2: I would have chosen that for you as well. I would have imagined that music yours.
Speaker 1: And when you put them together, yeah, like the images and the song dead in the Water, that's me gone and I'm tears and laughing and wow. Okay, so that's the love song of.
Speaker 2: Oldest love poem that they can. I'm sure there was more.
Speaker 1: I'm wonder sure.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the Stone Age people were, you know, professing love. But that's your oldest horizon one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, smack on the head, smack head.
Speaker 2: Drag by the head, Come on, No, they were probably a lot nicer to each other.
Speaker 1: Actually, well they needed each other, didn't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're talking about the greatest film love stories and stories that shape the way we view love and relationships. And I was going back through old school examples and so many lines from those old school movies. Yeah, yeah, like I'm like to have and to have not nineteen forty four Bogie and Bacall, we had it all, lack Bell and Becall. Remember that song? Vaguely, I can't remember who sung the song that was totally like, wow, that's what it was. But that that one, there's Lauren McCall at age twenty three saying, you know how to whistle, don't you, Steve. You put your lips together and blow. You don't have to say anything and you don't.
Speaker 3: Have to do anything, not a thing. Oh maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle out, just Steve, you just put your lips together and blow.
Speaker 1: Twenty three. That was I think that was her first movie out of the Blox working. Yeah, with Humphy Bogart, I believe so Casta Blanca again, bogie in mar Bergmann or sorry Ingrid Bergmann. Yes, wartime romance said in Morocco? What was the famous line from Casta Blanca? Isn't that he is looking at you kid?
Speaker 2: Well there's yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, because sometimes there was there's line that have been accredited to movies that actually never happened. But yeah, I think it is. He's looking at you, He's.
Speaker 1: Looking at your kid, gone with the wind yep. Frankly, my dear, I don't give.
Speaker 2: A damn watch my do.
Speaker 1: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn west Side Story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of your favorites chick though, I mean based off Romeo and Juliet right.
Speaker 1: For John Day and Affair to remember you mentioned that one I did. What was it about that movie? That's not that's that's nineteen fifty seven, I know.
Speaker 2: I know, and it just and that's one of if you don't know it, that's the one where a couple they meet on a cruise and they fall in love, like they like desperately fall in love, and they plan to reunite six months later at the Empire State Building, but you know, spoiler alert, she ends up being in a wheelchair and she doesn't want to meet him again because she feels like he's not going to love her. And it's just it's just really beautifully told.
Speaker 3: I idealize every woman, right, it's hard to keep them up pretty film. The pedestal wobbles and then topples.
Speaker 1: That would happen a lot in real life. I reckon like some especially today with all the dating websites and things like that, you might meet someone.
Speaker 2: I'm going that would happen today?
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, wouldn't that happen today? Where someone's actually not being honest with their circumstances.
Speaker 2: So she was very honest. They met on the crew and clearly I.
Speaker 1: Haven't seen the movie. She was walking at the beginning. Yeah, I haven't seen it. Really confused I did. I'm thinking she was in a wheelchair at the very beginning, and he didn't know.
Speaker 2: Said the couple means fall in love listening, and that no.
Speaker 1: Still podcast, this is all about listening.
Speaker 2: They plan to reunite in six months, but she then is in a wheelchair. She has an accident and she's in a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: That's so sad.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: That's carry Grant, right, this is what I'm telling you, carry Grand debriquet. I have to listen to it, or listen to me one of the others. Really helpful.
Speaker 1: And then you've got another great relationship movie, my fair lady.
Speaker 2: Why is that a great relationship movie?
Speaker 1: Because it's Rick Harrison. I mean he changed.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think that's a great relationship movie, don't. No, I don't like that one.
Speaker 1: Audrey heapburns in it, though, But no, she have like a really weird Cockney accent in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like he falls in love on you when she changes, Like no, no, he should have loved it from the get go oh, all right, yeah, like why does she have to change for him? She doesn't, and he molds her into the perfect woman.
Speaker 1: That would Does that stand up today?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think it was right. And before I come, if you know them, say them I I ow y a E, I owe you. That's what I said. But did that influence you in some way?
Speaker 1: Trying to mold you for thirty three years? Is it working?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Now I'm still trying.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I tell you a movie, A movie that I'm not listener.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm not.
Speaker 2: A movie that I love love. I loved it when I was young, and I still love it.
Speaker 1: So we're moving up to are we looking at old school movies or we're bringing I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to tell you the movie. Okay, it's called Say Anything John Cusack. Yes, right, And actually Ione Sky she interviewed her with her husband, Yeah, which I got really like that's right, yes, And I got really kind of fangirl. But I got a bit star struck with her to just did that movie. But she was so good in it. But it's just I just love it because it was as a teenage girl. It was kind of this different kind of a love story because it was really this lovely young fella who was genuinely in love with his girlfriend. He didn't come from a bad background, and it wasn't all unrequited, and he just loved her and he was really nice. Yeah, the normal and working out the teenage stuff. And yeah, I wanted that moment for myself. I wanted a guy to come to my window with a boombox.
Speaker 1: See in your eyes moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so romantic.
Speaker 1: I'm not giving you one of those moments in our time.
Speaker 2: I have to think, Yeah, I have to think. I'm going to say yes, honey, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go with me. I am, because that was.
Speaker 2: A big influence on me I remember as a young girl. But look here. But before we go any further, I have a question for you girls. Girls grow up with fairy stories, right, Girls grow up with the Rapunzels and the snow whites and Cinderellas, And we learned that you know, it's about the guy coming and rescuing us, and you know you just wait for your handsome prince after you've cleaned house with seven small men. And it does, really, it does sink in like that sort of stereotypes. Yeah, those stereotypes does an impact. So what made an impact to you? As like you would have probably seen those movies as a young boy. I would think like, are those those sort of Disney movies or anything was Did any of those make an impact on you?
Speaker 1: I guess they did because I think.
Speaker 4: I fell for the stereotypical the man fixes things, I guess, the prince charming aspect, saving the day, I think, and being a fix it person.
Speaker 2: That that was the role you felt like, yeah, I do subtle, subtle imagery, I.
Speaker 1: Think so yea, yeah, he wasn't very conscious, so it was just more like, oh, this is the way you need to be, you need to make things right and fix things. Though I didn't actually watch those movies, weren't the movies that I watched as a kid. I loved things like so Sunday Nights was Disney Night and Disney Night my favorite Disney type of movies with a Huckleberry Finn, the adventure, Swiss Family, Robertson, those sort of movies.
Speaker 2: Not love stories, well different kind of love stories.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, I mean, and again I guess they were every every movie is a bit of a relationship movie. So Huck Finn was Hauck and Tom or Jim and Hark. They were important. I love those sort of stories, those adventure kind of things.
Speaker 2: And you've been looking for a big African American man all your life to show me the way, to show you the way.
Speaker 1: That's really weird. I had it for a while. Michael Edward Stevens was such a.
Speaker 2: What about our son's godfather Oscar?
Speaker 1: And Oscar there he is American? Yeah, But I love my sports movies, so all those sort of things I grew up with Cool and Goad of Gold and wind Rider with Tom Burlanson, and then Horsey movies and Light Horsemen and Farlap and things like that. They were the movies that really they were kind of sport movies that I still gravitate towards those. I'm a sucker for those American sports movies. Who's he is?
Speaker 2: And see? I think I did a lot of romance movies. I did a lot of especially romance coupled with like Princess Bride of course.
Speaker 1: Is well Princess Bride, that's on my list here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great Westley love story.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you wait for me?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: You were dead?
Speaker 1: Death? Can I stop true love? All it can do is to learn for a while.
Speaker 2: One of the ones I really love to. I was reminded of this the other day. It's called Lady Hawk and it's Michelle Pfeiffer. Yes, and she is a hawk by night and he is a wolf, a wolf in the day and they never they can never meet in hum wow, and it's so beautiful. But I love that kind of magical. It's been called some magic and fantasy in with a love story. You got me every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't go up there, don't go up.
Speaker 3: There's a wolf, a big wolf, the biggest wolf you've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Had a dead Man. The one movie that we watched together. Actually, I don't know if we watched it too. I know we have watched it several times together, but I don't. I think you might have introduced me to it was about time. Yes, did you see that before me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I saw it with Lotus.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that was I'm looking at my list. It's twenty thirteen, so I definitely only came to it maybe five years ago. It's one to put on your list, listener, is it Dominal Gleeson? Is that how you say his name?
Speaker 2: I believe so, Yeah, Bill Nighy, Rachel McAdams.
Speaker 1: And Rachel McCadam. Yeah, that's me. Is one of the great relationship movies. How that changes through time? Did you have trouble parking? It's just such a long way to your car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well my.
Speaker 2: Car is actually parked outside my house. I got a lift to the party.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good, that's perfect.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: His relationship, Dom's relationship with Rachel McAdams is certainly that that's the obvious love story. But the father's son, Oh my god, now, listener, you have to know this. I don't know if you've seen the movie The Moment. So they travel through time and they can change time. It's a gift that the is it the eldest son in the family or the males, just the males in this family have where they can actually go back in time and change things.
Speaker 2: And they tell the story well like it sounds that's sounds a bit like ridiculous, but it's actually told really well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you're actually I think this must be happening somewhere on the planet. Someone must have this superpower. But Bill Nighy, who is one of my favorite actors alive, and he's just done so many wonderful things, and he's so stinking quirky and interesting to watch. We talk about this bit and I don't want to give away the movie if you haven't seen it, but it is twenty thirteen, so you've had a long time to see it. But it's that last scene with when he's with his son together and he realizes I start to get here right now, when he realizes this is the last time they're going to see each other, and he goes, this is it.
Speaker 5: Wow, Oh I won I haven't one of yours.
Speaker 1: You finally got good.
Speaker 6: What's my priors?
Speaker 1: Apart from the Olympic gold medal? Of course A kiss will have to do. Kiss, I guiss ah, I get you. This isn't that you know, and then they get to spend that moment together.
Speaker 2: But it's also about that movie. It always inspires me because it's really about the choices that you make. Are the choices that you make, and you just love you love the people that you have in that moment. Like that's really that underlying theme across it as well. Even if you go back in time, like you still you know the choices that you make, is you just stand by them in a way. Do you know what I mean, like how that's really important all the way through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that is true. What I'm thinking about in that moment is I'm very fortunate we both are to still have our parents with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's to make really make sure that I am fully present with my parents every time I get together with them, Yeah, because I know that that time is fleeting, you know, so, and you never know when it's going to be the last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. And what about speaking of which, that's also true of the most beautiful love story, which is the Notebook also Rachel McAdams, Yeah, Ryan Gosling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and beautiful.
Speaker 2: That's a gorgeous story, the retelling of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well them as older people, General Rowlands and James Garner. James Garner was always one of my favorite actors because he was Maverick on TV and I loved his Maverick and General Rowlands. I had the privilege of working with her getting to know them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did that movie influence you?
Speaker 3: And it?
Speaker 1: Well, it did his care with his wife and obviously you don't know that that's the case.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as it unfolds, yeah, you'll get.
Speaker 1: It and you go, oh my gosh, his patience that he has and then her just her beauty.
Speaker 3: I loved it in't it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: They did good.
Speaker 3: I like this kind of story on.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you like it.
Speaker 3: I before, yes, perhaps more than was.
Speaker 1: Again, what it's taught me is, as you're looking at the seasons of a relationship, and you've mentioned this to me in private, just going oh, the seasons of our relationship, like we've been together for thirty odd years, and how where things started to where things are today, and you work through these different chapters. So to see that it's really played out beautifully in that in that movie, and I hope it's such a lovely depiction of where she's at, sorry, where General Rowlands gets to in older life, where she's lost her memory. There is some dementia, and there's a lot of there's a lot of attention today around dementia and what happens to us when we get older. I hope that we both stay like our parents are very present of mind, you know, so that we we are that James Garner shows a great example of how to be respectful and love, what love does, and what he will do for her in the notebook, it's it's it's a beauty. Did you write Crazy Stupid Love?
Speaker 2: I did write Crazy Stupid because I love that yours.
Speaker 1: I think it's relationship.
Speaker 2: What I love about that movie is, well, there's different love stories within it as well, and I think that they hit it really well. Like you've got a teenage kid with the older crush. You've got the player who finds the woman of his dreams.
Speaker 1: Ryan Goslin again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is like, nah, this is it. I've actually found her, and then you've got again. You've got the couple that have been together for so many years like us.
Speaker 1: That sounds labored, I'm sounds tired.
Speaker 2: No, no, but it's nice to see a love story with people of a certain age that have weathered the storms of relationship, and they do. In this one, they're doing Crazy Stupid Love. There's infidelity and they get back together because they've been together for so long and they still love each other, and it's like it was a mistake.
Speaker 5: I met my soulmate when I was fifteen years old. We went out for ice cream after my dad started teasing me about my first aid the way dads do, and I told him, Dad, it's no big deal. I'm going to be going out with a lot of different girls on a lot of different dates, and that is the first time that I ever lied to my father.
Speaker 2: They come back together at the end, and I just love that movie. I just think it's a it's a ripper.
Speaker 1: I also love you know, there's David is it David Niedermeyer.
Speaker 2: That yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I just love the way Steve Carell says his name, you know, fucking David Leader. But I love when they come back together. They come back together again in a whole new way. There just seems more respect and more listening. So I go with you on that one. Yeah, And and it is entertaining because there's so many different levels of relationship. Like you said, there's the young son with the older girl, but the older girls in love with with with the dad dad, and it's all weird. And then you throw Kevin Bacon into the mix and it is like that what about see we talked about at the very beginning my entertainment. I guess where I really connect with is through music. I love it when music and movies come together. And to me again, Ryan Gosling, Wow, La La Land, I could watch that movie. That would be one of those movies when you're scrolling through you'll stop. You'll always stop and watch that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I also adore that movie. I just I'm just a sucker for a really really happy ending and the fact that they're not together at the end, and I wanted them to be together so badly, and it's like, oh, no, it's not gonna happen. Yeah, maybe there's appear because someone not he heels or do anything.
Speaker 1: There's some chance, but I'm frankly feeling.
Speaker 3: Nothings that, so it could be less than nothing.
Speaker 2: Too LOVESO you agree that fine way, so lovely.
Speaker 1: No, So I think pursuing your dream is really important because that's part of that relationship with self going. If you don't pursue your dreams, that can hurt who you are. And they both give each other the space to pursue their dreams. But as you say, the happy ending is they pursue their dreams, they fulfill their dreams, and they're together. Now. It almost happens, yeah, kind of.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's so many in any way, shape or form. You've got your movies like Your Ghost, which is devastating. You've got Mulin Rouge, which is another death of the loved ones, you.
Speaker 1: Know, and again entwined in music, great, great music and entertainment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. Shakespeare in Love as well, which that's one of your favorites. All that movie. I just think that's really.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, like a sickness and it's cure together.
Speaker 2: Yes, like rain and sun, like cold and heat.
Speaker 1: Is your lady beautiful?
Speaker 2: Since I came here from the country, I have not seen her close? Tell me is it's beautiful?
Speaker 1: Thomas? If I could write the beauty of our eyes? I was born to look in them and know myself?
Speaker 2: What is it? Do you think? Why do we keep making films about unrequired love?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Why do they keep on writing about that? Is it just because we've all experienced it at some point?
Speaker 1: And well, I think that's it. It's the it's we can relate to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Plus, as far as you know, the technical side of what makes a movie interesting is that it's tension. I do. I do, as I said it before. It holds up bridges and buildings. You've got to have it. And in this unrequired love just builds so much tension and then you know, to have the payoff. I remember our therapist in La was saying that Jerry McGuire right, She was like, no, that's wrong, especially when when Jerry maguire stands up in front of Rene Zelwiger at the end and says, you complete.
Speaker 3: Me, you complete me, just has shut up, just shut.
Speaker 2: You had me at.
Speaker 1: Hello, you know, and she's going, we shouldn't need someone else to complete us, and whilst, yeah, that's true, Like I think if I didn't have you, i'd still be okay, But there's part of you that completes me, which I don't know, because there's stuff that there's always something undone, right, there's always I mean, maybe that's it. Maybe that's what it is. Maybe it's the carrot. There's still more And I love that because that keeps me engaged, that keeps the tension right right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, you're just making stuff.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm not. Actually, I'm not. Actually, I do think because bloody hell, we lasted twenty five years over there there was a carrot that was being chased. There was something. There was always something you know, that keeps the momentum going, keeps me engaged, and I do like that. So maybe this is your maybe this is your psychic your way going. Ah, just withhold that little thing or keeping going.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not that com' not that initility either.
Speaker 1: What do you think about that? That you complete me? Does that resonate with you or do you agree with that? Do you agree with the therapist going you can't.
Speaker 2: Ah, I don't know. In a way, I get why it was such a powerful line and when when it came, you know, when that line was delivered because he finally realized how in love he actually was with her, and he was willing to sort of go in and say it, you know. I think he says it in front of a whole bunch of.
Speaker 1: Other all the women women's group.
Speaker 2: I love that. I think that's cool, and I do kind of get that thing where, yeah, you shouldn't have someone to completely complete you, you should feel completed yourself, you know. But it is a lovely thing to say at the same time. So, yeah, I guess if you go in the romance world, it's great. If you go in the therapist world, it might not be. Yeah, I'm completed and I want to join you in my completeness. It doesn't quite sound as good.
Speaker 1: It doesn't. Yeah, I'm choosing to walk beside you because I'm I'm I'm happy, I'm all one alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, correct, there's some Some of my favorite romance films are the are the classics that the Jane Austen's like that those period dry. I love them, and I mean things like Pride and Prejudice. That's a that's a love story that a lot like Shakespeare stories as well. But the Jane Austen ones they just keep being retold as well because the story is so fantastic, you know, from TVs to movies, and that lets you know that that's a good love story.
Speaker 1: I might wonder, vibe. It's so little effort, it's civility. I'm rejected, and.
Speaker 2: I might wonder why, what's so evident a desire to offend and insult me? You chose to tell me that you like me against your will, against your reason, and even against your character. Ye and Prejudice, well, we've seen both that. The Bollywood version is bright and the kid love.
Speaker 1: What about the Bodyguard?
Speaker 2: Will you got that jacket for me?
Speaker 5: The red one?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: I'm here to keep you alive, help you sharp?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Is that a relationship movie that sticks with you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Does that come up at all?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Good, It's not relation it's not relational for me because I'll never be a singer with Whitney.
Speaker 1: Well, no one's going to be like Whitney.
Speaker 2: Houston, but I'll never be a singer full stop.
Speaker 1: And no one will ever be a bodyguard like Kevin Costner, especially when that silk falls down over the top of his Japanese sword and it just because it's so sharp and it splits into.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I really remember that film. I don't remember that part at all. Things clearly stayed with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I think for romance movies, I often look for things that, yeah, just a bit more relatable, mind you. Princess Pride was relatable about that.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for the six Fingered Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, but I have to say one of my all time favorite A movies and b romance movies. And when you were talking about books to movies, the Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society, how did you imagine me, mister Adams when you wrote me a letter.
Speaker 6: A tweed hunting skirt, very large in the bottom teeth like a horse, A few wisps of ginger gray hair, and glasses thicker is jam jarss.
Speaker 2: She sounds lovely?
Speaker 1: Who was the pig Farmy you some books to I.
Speaker 5: Did have a couple of ideas, but it was more of a sense that I was writing to someone who already understood me.
Speaker 1: I adore that film I Reckon, I Reckon. You've just knocked about twenty percent of our listeners off their chair when you said that, They've gone, yes, you reckon. Yes.
Speaker 2: I think it's an underrated film as well.
Speaker 1: It's a great movie.
Speaker 2: It's a great movie.
Speaker 1: Is it because? Is it also because for you? Or why is it a great movie for you?
Speaker 2: Well, she's she's a writer, which I love number one, and a great writer as well. Yeah, it's just going out to that little island in Guernsey and just post World War two and just the stories of the people there, but the connection that they have with each other, and again the kindness. It's like, that's what gets me. It's the kindness of two people who are in love and finding their way to each other. And I just that I really relate to. It's just a it's a beautifully well told story.
Speaker 1: How do you relate to that? What is it when you say two people trying to find each other? Is that? Have you got experience in that?
Speaker 2: No? No, I mean, look, I just think that's I just love that kind of a love story. I just think it's it's very simply told, like you know, in comparison to The Bodyguard, where I go, it's you know, it's a good, hit me in the face love story. Sure, but when you got something for me that I just find a little bit softer, gentler, And that's what I That's what gets me. That's what I just like again, you know, like the Say Anything movie where it's two teenagers in love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any movie really about love that you connect with. The last one I was thinking of was love actually, yeah, and all the different stories in love actually in the different way love is expressed, and all the machinations of love.
Speaker 2: Colin Firth's my favorite one in that for the love story, Yes, learning another language. They had love across, you know, without even understanding each other with words. There was a feeling, you know, and when they captured that feeling on film of like that spark that you could see between them, it's like, oh, I love that, you know. That's the essence of love and attraction, which is so exciting to me.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite time of day. Criving you.
Speaker 2: A part Mastrich.
Speaker 1: The Shell. Well, we'd love to know your favorite love stories and also why why they shaped your view of love and relationship.
Speaker 2: I have one more question for you, because this one kind of blew me away. On the list, you have Beauty and the Beast, and I'm wondering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Beauty and the Beast, the Robbie Benson Beauty and the Beast. Yeah, why from nineteen ninety one? Look, and this is weird. I don't know. Robbie Benson is an American actor and he did a movie about he lived in a bubble. His immunity was down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the bubble.
Speaker 1: I guess I was maybe fifteen or sixteen, And the whole concept of that was blew me away as an adolescent guy. And I just really liked his act. And then when I heard his voice and he was the Beast and he could do this.
Speaker 2: This beastly acting, he fell in love with Robbie Benson all over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all over again. And this thing that the Beast was so arrogant as a prince right before he became the Beast, and then he had to find humility and kindness and he does, and it's too late in the end. But then the magic comes and it's not too late. It's all saved and he ends up changing, and I just I love that. And maybe that's a tailor's old of time. It is, it definitely is. Thank you, Angela Lansbury Taylor's Oldest Tale.
Speaker 3: US oldest time song as old as rhyme beauty sub.
Speaker 1: I think that maybe I related to it because maybe I felt beastly in a way and needed to change and grow and learn and learn humility and learn. Just it just touched me. Yeah, it, it did. It. Just I learned a lot and was like, okay, now, no, you need to be a better listener.
Speaker 2: It does need to be more patient. Yeah, I do get that. That is that that is a good imagery, you know, to put across that those the arrogance of people is not going to win you. Yeah, friends and lovers, it's.
Speaker 1: Not all about me, you know. We had to learn that. Yeah, which was a really big lesson for me. You know, it's not all about me, mate, the narcissistic part of it, I get. I learned a lot from that. Interesting and yes it was a cartoon and the fact that I probably watched it twenty times because we watched it with the kids, you know. So, I mean it was a bit like Tarzan, watching Tarzan the animated movie, and I watched it with Lotus when she was all those times, and coupled with the Phil Collins soundtrack. Yes, and I mean it's still I'm swallowing purposefully to hold back the tears of You'll be in my heart. I still get it. So you're a beast? How dare you pick this topic?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: I didn't know you were going to go Tarzi.
Speaker 3: I don't know either.
Speaker 1: I didn't even ride it on my legs.
Speaker 2: It's not here in my heart, I know. See that's you that texts you back to your That's what touches you is the music.
Speaker 1: And also the fact that Lola would which she would sit in my lap and she'd lie back and put her arms around my ears and yeah, da, let's watch it again.
Speaker 2: It's a great love story you and your daughter.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: And I think that's probably also what does make a movie specialist. Who you see it with, what time of your life you're seeing it in.
Speaker 1: And yeah, because you can watch these films also at a time when you've just caught the parking inspector putting a ticket on your on your windshield and all the feelings that go along with that sort of thing. And then and but then when your other times, when your receptors are open and you're ready to suck it to me. Okay, I'm in. I'm in for this ride. So we'd love to hear yours. We'd love to hear hit us up on our socials. I'm on Instagram at Cameron Datto and Ali you're.
Speaker 2: At Ali Daddo, Ali daddo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit us up, and we'd love to hear your romance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you agree with any of our favorite films as well, especially any Man. Thanks for listening, all right, take care