Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne, Jason Lauren, start your morning the right away.
Speaker 2: This is Jason Lauren. Well, good morning, everybody, welcoming and Wednesday, which has got that sort of Friday, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Love that? Jase?
Speaker 2: Can we do this everywhere? I'm here in your morning, Clint in the news room, Good morning, Jace. Oh no sign of miss Lauren Phillips.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, no, I'm oh God, morning morning. I'm not in the studio though, because my friends have a shiny new toy. Like everyone knows, We've just come to Nova, and when we started we got given an office with absolutely not a single.
Speaker 2: Thing it Well, hang on, hang on. Firstly, they gave you a laptop and you said.
Speaker 1: What am I going to do with the laptop? The laptop, I don't need an email address.
Speaker 2: I logged into Mind for the first time yesterday. I had a lot of emails and anxiety, so quickly shut it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, mine's still sitting in the office, but not at a desk, because when we started we said, winn't on desks, we want recliners. Anyway, enter today in our brand new office, which currently looks like some kind of tip there's stuff everywhere, However, we have a.
Speaker 1: Brand new lever reclimbing. So fun fellas. It's a manual recline. I hang on, I'm doing it now. Shut your bump back.
Speaker 2: Hang on, hang on, hang on, Sit up right, sit up right.
Speaker 3: I want to push it out.
Speaker 2: I push it back in.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 2: I want to hear. I want to hear your voice say good morning Melbourne. Wire you're sitting up right.
Speaker 1: Yep, good morning Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Now go into a reclined position and let's hear how lot more relaxed she is.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Yeah, it's excellent.
Speaker 4: They've made it leaver, not fabric, so if we spill anything, we can just hose.
Speaker 2: It down exactly if we've got a casting either way, it works anyway.
Speaker 1: All three seats recline and we look like the Simpsons are having a slumper party. And I'm pretty thrilled about it. So I'll be doing the show from here this morning. If you're needing, yeah, I'm not coming in the can.
Speaker 2: I say a huge shout out to John.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say the fantastic.
Speaker 1: Furniture Adriatic furniture clicks.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I love Adriatic, we love them.
Speaker 1: Our friends out there.
Speaker 2: Furniture were like, because John, who pretty much runs them over office here right, He was like, guys, anything you need and we're like look as a joke, We're like, god, how good would recliners be? And then boom, he's gone onto adriatic furniture. Three seated recline to couch. That's how you do meetings. Guys.
Speaker 1: If you get kicked out of home, you could sleep on this like a bed.
Speaker 2: I already thought of that. I was going to buy some sheets today and keep them in the office.
Speaker 1: The king size fillow.
Speaker 3: You don't need to go to that travel lodge.
Speaker 1: Plenty of room to swing.
Speaker 2: A cat on here. Guys. Remember the night we all had a team night out and I after we got fired, that's right, And and I rocked up at.
Speaker 1: One time they put us on the bar for us.
Speaker 2: And I rocked up at Crown at about one o'clock in the morning and they said, I'm sorry, Crownhouse is completely booked out. And I said about the promenade, sorry, so them is completely booked Oh I'm going to Metropole, sir. I am terribly sorry.
Speaker 1: So we need to end up at the Crowne Plaza across the road.
Speaker 2: Travel a lot surprise, surprise, they had vacancy.
Speaker 3: Welcome Hawks.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you can just move in here now.
Speaker 4: So we just need a barth fridge and you got your bachelor pad Jay awesome, sick.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh. Now I'll have a bit more confidence going into the couple fight because Goscoo's got somewhere else to go. Now, Hey, I.
Speaker 1: Got options, Lou, I've got options. I don't need to come home to you. I got the reclining.
Speaker 2: So for a work, we have a huge show coming up today. Can I just say thank you to everyone who came to meet us at Southern Cross Station yesterday because we are doing our say Hey to win ten.
Speaker 4: K oh my goodness. We met so many people yesterday. We shook so many hands, we went through so much sanitizer.
Speaker 2: So basically all you have to do is find us, say hey, shake our hand. Every one hundredth person we shake hands with wins one hundred bucks, every thousandth wins a grand and then the ten thousandth person we shake hands with will win ten thousand dollars. Tonight five pm to six pm, we are going to be wandering up and down Swan Street, So if you are heading to the footy. Get ready to say hey to win.
Speaker 3: It's going to be heaving tonight. It's a little spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and you know what I'm like, with a lot of walking, we're going to need to replenish, you know.
Speaker 3: Like a pup call.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, just like sounds good to me.
Speaker 3: You're on that couch tomorrow.
Speaker 2: A lot. It is a huge night at the G. Christian Petrakaho is going to prove a few things for us coming up. Let's get into it right across moment. Jason Lauren, No, it is a massive night at the G tonight.
Speaker 3: There they are. It's a Phillips Stanaway battle.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 4: It's one of the great games of the year, that Anzac Eve match.
Speaker 1: In fact, this whole round.
Speaker 4: Of footy is pretty special, obviously being a Zach Day. The AFL do it so well, remembering our ANZACs, but Dez the Tigs.
Speaker 1: It's a cracker every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this fixture has become traditional, very very quickly because the two clubs do it so well and Zach Eve and just when those lights dip around the mcg's brigade, the cauldron has lit. It's extraordinary.
Speaker 2: In fact, the soldier who will be lighting the cauldron at the g tonight. It's going to be joining us before seven this morning. What an honor that would be for someone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a huge stage, a huge stage for the players as well. Christian Parker, friend of our show, he was in the other day talking about just how special the ANZAC Day Eve match is to him.
Speaker 1: It's such a special game, isn't it. It feels special, It's remarkable.
Speaker 2: It's incredible to be a part of it.
Speaker 6: I feel really grateful and privileged to be a part of something so historic.
Speaker 2: It is truly incredible.
Speaker 6: The way they do it before the game as well, the horses, the lights, turned off the lights and then obviously the national anthem in the last post.
Speaker 2: Is it is really really special?
Speaker 1: Goosebump inducing, isn't it It is?
Speaker 6: And this is my I think it's my seventh eighth one now and it never gets never gets old.
Speaker 4: Do you get a different feeling in your like adrenaline on those games? There feels like there's something special in the air on those big nights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely those games.
Speaker 6: Obviously Anzac Dave Game King's birthday game against collingwand for for Motor Neuron disease with Neil Danahert. Those types of games, they're like finals. You know, you know that Collingwood and Richmond's supporters are going to come out. It will be eighty five plus. I think it's their game, so you know, the be eighty five thousand easily in the game and it is awesome. But even even the week building up to it, like tomorrow we'll go to go next to the shrine trying to remembrance. We'll have a guest speaker, someone probably in the army and talk about their experience. Last year we had a pilot come and he's had family and generations from who were also pilots two.
Speaker 2: And I like the club gives them the respect it deserves. It has to.
Speaker 6: You need to, you need to, and I think for younger guys coming up as well in understanding importance of it. And also Melbourne Footy Club. We've been around for so long that we've had players. Bluie Trust got our Best and Fairest trophy after him was in the war at the age of twenty two twenty three. Guy's getting drafted. Now that's them.
Speaker 2: Now, Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 6: It's absurd?
Speaker 2: He tells a lot of emotion behind his voice. Yes, they go into tonight. What's our tip? Score?
Speaker 3: Was interesting one because the coach of Richmond, Adam Ousey, used to play for Melbourne. Yes, there's a little side tussle going on here which is intriguing. I think the d should get it done by that five goals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that five five goals. I think it's going to be within a kick.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: Be fifty goals.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I think the d'sil win comfortably. I think five goals is a bit of a stretch.
Speaker 3: Though, big occasion will bring out the best in the tags. It'll be close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Richmond good on those big stages.
Speaker 2: Well, tonight's the night. All eyes will be on the G. If you are heading to the G as well, keep an eye up for us because we're going to be up and down Swan Street doing our Say hey, to win ten k all you have to do is come up, shake our hand and you could win ten thousand dollars on Novar today. Hopefully the rain holds out for the footy tonight. It is eleven at the moment.
Speaker 1: She bucketed down last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't it? Hey? Can? I says spot on yesterday seven o'clock. Yep, thank you seven pm, she said, yesterday the rain ed rollin.
Speaker 3: Last night sunset, and that's why you're the best in the business. Gusty as well.
Speaker 2: She's no longer in the weather business.
Speaker 3: Well I know, but she could appear.
Speaker 4: Can I just say I didn't get fired from my weather job on my leaft, I quit while I was ahead.
Speaker 2: The radio one.
Speaker 3: I got fired from that one, I said Lauren the other day. If there's ever a vacancy for a little fillion roll on weekend today, she might come and reprise her role.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to get the band back together for me.
Speaker 2: To do news.
Speaker 3: You can do entertainment because I look like Richard Wilkins.
Speaker 4: Now you can do that scene where they have radio hosts on for one minute talking about the little topic.
Speaker 3: He certainly don't look like Rene that way. I've decided to make a few little lifestyle changes.
Speaker 1: Last you're throwing your hair out.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. The last couple of mornings, I decided to hit the gym before before radio.
Speaker 1: Now this is wild.
Speaker 4: I can barely roll over and get in the shower, and you're getting up and going to the gym at what time I.
Speaker 3: Get out of bed about ten past four, so I'm in there by half past four.
Speaker 2: The reason he's doing that, no, because at night he's busy meal prepping. Have you seen he's got a lunch box now.
Speaker 3: I've got lots of tupper air.
Speaker 1: But he's also working. I see you reading the news and you do this and Sydney and training.
Speaker 3: It for I am the neutral bullet has made it come back on smooth and smoothies. I just thought I'd just make a few little changes.
Speaker 2: See how I feel, and hey, you feeling? I feel good, I feel good healthy.
Speaker 3: The other change that I'm going to make is then I'm going to get off the booze for three months. Whoa, I'm quitting alcohol because a lot of people come up to me and say, you feel a lot better.
Speaker 1: I know someone that got off it for a year and I said, how do you feel? And she said exactly the same thing.
Speaker 3: Really that my sister in law, just good for you. I just think, well, actually, since I turned eight and I've never had a weekend off it, to be honest, so to be a real challenge, but I thought, let's make a change and see how we go we've.
Speaker 1: Ever done, like drivel or a month in it sounds.
Speaker 2: Really silly, right because I've thought about the same because it.
Speaker 1: Don't tell me you're going to make a soul sign.
Speaker 3: Are you going to come with me on the journey?
Speaker 2: Absolutely no. But like in the afternoon, I might pop a pinot while I'm like getting kids ready for time.
Speaker 1: In the afternoon.
Speaker 2: No, like four point thirty that's acceptable, but I'm doing like lunches and getting things ready for dinner and so like I'm running around the house. So you know, I'll just graze on that through the afternoon. And you're right, like you know, you wake up, you feel a little bit sluggish, And then I see people talk about how they've given up the booze and everything, and then I know this sounds ridiculous, and I sit there and go, but you okay to give it up for six months and then.
Speaker 1: Go back like, but I don't think you've got a drinking problem.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's a it's purely a lifestyle thing. I want to see what I can achieve in three months, see how I feel and look at the end of it, and just a little reset.
Speaker 1: Is there a reasoning?
Speaker 2: Just you know why three months.
Speaker 3: Just give myself a timeline. There's more to build towards an eventual goal.
Speaker 1: I think there's more to it, you, Reckon.
Speaker 2: There's like a there's a like what do they call them building?
Speaker 1: Body building?
Speaker 2: Bodybuilding?
Speaker 3: Become a bodybuilder?
Speaker 2: Reckon like he does like a spray.
Speaker 3: There's one caveat. I am going to have a few tonight with Lauren at the footy exactly.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 3: It's closing down, so I can't wait.
Speaker 1: For drink midwek.
Speaker 3: But hello, so let's book mark this conversation.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 3: Let's see how we go. And if you see me out and about.
Speaker 4: DM tempts tell us text us dobb him in No, good for you Clinton.
Speaker 2: And you know What's it's funny, but it's also silly that it's actually not easy to do that in an Australian society. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like the amount of times I've been to barbecue and someone's like, no, no, I'm not drinking, I'm driving, and every going to be like what you're off the booze.
Speaker 1: Or I never drink and drive, even in the respect like having one glass of.
Speaker 2: Wine, okay, take away driving. I just mean like someone like Clint rocking up at the moment of the barbecue. I mean, like I'm not drinking for three months, I know, like pregnant.
Speaker 1: You know, the only way, the only reason Clint would go good.
Speaker 2: For good for you name the child after me be the Mount Franklin.
Speaker 1: So hang on, when does that take you to?
Speaker 3: That takes me to basically July Ish right, Gosh, during the holidays.
Speaker 2: Wine should have said two and a half months.
Speaker 1: Is a zach Eve.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow, of course is Anzac Day. It's such a special event on our Australian calendar. And right now I'd like to introduce you to someone very special, Lieutenant Colonel Garth Calendar. He served the Australian Army with distinction over twenty five years in combat, intelligence, training and strategic roles. He was one of the first casualties medically evacuated out of Iraq when hit by a roadside bomb in two thousand and four.
Speaker 8: Were going up into the CBD of Baghdad that night. Unbeknownst to us, an insurgent had parked a vehicle on the side of the road laden with explosives, so it went off about five meters to the left of my vehicle bomb had gone off. We're traveling about sixty k's an hour. The vehicle was torn to shreds. I was in line of the blast itself, so copped a face full of blasts and fragmentation nick to my crododatys, but I also had holes into my sinus. I had pretty significant burns to my face and neck from that blast. Whilst this is a bit of a story about me, it's just as much a story about these guys, this team, and about how that professionalism, dedication, and teamwork came into play to save my life more than anything else.
Speaker 2: So iowe these guys a lot.
Speaker 3: And I'm pleased to say that. Lieutenant Colonel Garth Alanda joins us in the studio live this morning. Good morning, great to see you.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Thanks very much having you.
Speaker 3: You mention the people that you go to war with and what it means to them as we creep closer to Anzac day, of course it's Anzac, evel, who are you thinking of?
Speaker 8: And yeah, exactly those boys. So yeah, it's a great opportunity to take that time to reflect about what we've done as a team, but also to think back put that in perspective. Of history as well, going all the way back to the landing on the beach Soo Glipoli.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, Anzac Day, it's such an important day, and I think for a lot of young people they think of our older ANZACs. But I mean you're a relatively young man. We've still got men and women currently serving. It's such a current thing as well, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Yeah, I guess one of the most poignant moments for me was I went back to a ruck in two thousand and six and we had one of our soldiers die over there only a few days before Anzac Day, and so Anzac Day for us then was the first opportunity that our team came together as a group and had that opportunity to mourn and reflect on Jake and then also sort of come together and look it away forward. But put that in perspective of what other Australians have been through in the past. We weren't the first group to lose a soldier on operations.
Speaker 2: A very special night at the mcg tonight. You have been given the job of lighting the cauldron I have. Yeah, how are you feeling?
Speaker 8: Yeah, eighty thousand people, it's a lot. I don't want to trip up the stairs.
Speaker 2: I was just at a golf off the air. I'm like, I seen a footy match at the g before. You've been there when it's empty.
Speaker 8: I've been there when it's empty. I haven't seen it for me A little bit different tonight, i'd imagine.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, have you seen the a zach Eve ceremony? The AFL do it so well?
Speaker 8: They do, Yeah, and it's it's so respectful. That's I think what I love about it. You know, eighty thousand people there, what do they get a million people viewing? And it's done so respectfully honoring the service of our military people.
Speaker 3: Guth As somebody who's been to war and has seen some of the atrocities that you have. Soldiers are so stoic. Do you when you reflect, when you come to moments like this Anzac Day, what's it like? Do you allow yourself to get emotional? Do you get emotional? How do you sort of?
Speaker 8: So, I'd say every the same as same as the rest of the population. People process things in different ways. Anzac Day is a great opportunity for those people that do get emotional to show that emotion. For those people that just like quiet reflection. It's that time for them to be able to do that.
Speaker 3: That must have been so chaotic when you were medically evacuated out of that situation. Just take us back to that moment if you can.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was you know, your intro sort of was wasn't me telling the story, But at the end of the day, it was, like I said, there was those those boys around me that that protected me from, you know, a really angry crowd that had gathered.
Speaker 2: They were they were dealing with humanity. It's worse. There were there were locals who had been severely injured. There were children who had been killed.
Speaker 3: From that same blast, their families, right.
Speaker 8: They were yeap, and they were angry, and they were looking for answers, and that was the heat of the moment. So they were dealing with about as grizzly difficult work as any military person can.
Speaker 2: Be expected to deal with. Were you conscious after the blast barely? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I was up, but I couldn't see, I couldn't really talk or I couldn't communicate. So luckily my team stepped in. Yep, I was the boss and I was injured. So my team all stepped up and manage a situation.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, you.
Speaker 4: See military personnel who come back with physical injuries, but outside of that, the mental dammage that we hear about is so.
Speaker 1: Dummaging.
Speaker 4: How can we support our ANZACs and our military personnel outside of ANZAC Day, because well, tomorrow is a terrific reminder. It's something that needs probably to be spoken about all year round.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I'm a firm below that a vast majority of military people finish their service standing and smiling, of having an amazing experience going away with all these fantastic skills. But as you say, there are people that do see humanity.
Speaker 2: It's worse and that.
Speaker 8: Takes its toll. They're physically tested the breaking point, or like me, they're injured on operations. So you know, that's why I got involved with Bravery Trust because I love that organization because they're the ones who are they're providing that bit of a safety net through initial financial support, then also helping people work through budgeting, minimizing debt, resetting their path so they can fix whatever else is going on in their life. But more so they can just get onto sustainability of feedback into society.
Speaker 1: So you're a CEO of Bravery Trust, you're a Richmond supporter. How to Richmond support Bravery Trust?
Speaker 2: Well, so you know that.
Speaker 8: First of all, they've been so gracious asking me to come in like the cauldron for the game to so that's awesome.
Speaker 2: How was that phone call?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty good. So there so fantastically that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 8: The other way they support us is the head of marketing, Simon Matthew is actually on our board as well, so he gives up his time, he is, Yeah, it gives up his time to provide that that leadership to the organization too.
Speaker 3: I saw you were making Anzac biscuits with Jack Graham at training a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was great. What's like in the kitchen? We were all terrible.
Speaker 3: Can't be good at every ty?
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you for your service. And I'm going to ask score tonight what do you What do you think? Yeah? I don't know.
Speaker 8: Look, what I would say is whilst I'm going to be lighting the cauldron, that's going to be pretty special. Keep an eye out. Richmond have been fantastic allowing my ten year old daughter to go on with the team in the for the for the ceremony before the game. So her and a buddy aiden it's a million eight and you'll be up there with the team, so keep an eye out for that.
Speaker 4: So the Tigers are winners in your eyes regarding absolutely from a not so confident Richmond supporter just like me. Hey, it is important to remind anyone who is heading to the Anzac Eve match tonight at the MCG it's going to be a massive crab. Please be in your seats by six point thirty for the pre match ceremony which is the undoubtedly the most important moment of the game.
Speaker 2: Lieutenant Colonel Garth Calendar, thank you so much again for your service mate, and we really appreciate you popping in this morning. We know you've got a huge day ahead, but enjoy the moment tonight, Thanks very much.
Speaker 4: Today is Wednesday and ZAC Eve tomorrow is ANZAC Day, a very important day. But Friday is a regular work day and some stats have come in thanks to Uber who said seventy percent of city workers say they booked time off and around public holidays.
Speaker 1: Seventy percent.
Speaker 8: It's pretty high.
Speaker 1: Sixty five percent.
Speaker 4: Of city workers say they would hesitate to request time off work if they couldn't come up with a good excuse, and forty nine percent of city workers have either booked or planned to take Friday off to make and zach a long weekend. By the way, if you don't have an excuse, Uber have come up with an excuse generator.
Speaker 1: You can jump online and it will help you get out of work on Friday.
Speaker 2: Apparently, have you done yours?
Speaker 1: Not yet. But I actually was saying this.
Speaker 4: Morning, I wasn't feeling one hundred percent. And that's not like playing the long game to get Friday.
Speaker 2: Because that's what I would do. I would start planning to see you have to plan in events.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The great thing is with having kids, though you can just go last minute, sorry, he's falling off the trampoline.
Speaker 1: And I don't have kids, so we have to start saying.
Speaker 2: I don't have a trampoline.
Speaker 3: There's always a lot of gastro and diarrhea floating around on a Monday and a Friday, you know, a long weekend. It's just always around.
Speaker 2: It just flares got women's problems. Take the day the day.
Speaker 4: We don't use that as an excuse. When we say that, excuse me. When we say that, we mean we don't fly that.
Speaker 3: It's not trust me being a just would I would shut your mouth straight away. I would advise straight away, stop talk, move on.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm laying the groundwork for Friday because Lauren will be like, what I don't want?
Speaker 3: I needed to pop a couple of napro jesic and sit back in.
Speaker 1: Your Jason is far more hormonal and moody than me.
Speaker 2: That is true.
Speaker 1: And it's not just once a month. It's like you never know what day that's going to happen on.
Speaker 2: With you erin, what's your excuse? You're either rolling out or someone's used on you.
Speaker 7: One's used on me.
Speaker 9: I've had bad dreams and can't get to work today. Someone's actually used that, someone's actually used that more.
Speaker 1: And did you let them take the day off? Oh?
Speaker 9: We have to because yep? And it is what it is.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. It's you know, it's it's not like the old days where you'd be like sucking up getting here, a you're gonna lose your job.
Speaker 4: Remember I had the girl that couldn't come to the TV shows filming one of our producers because she had the meats with it.
Speaker 2: That's right, I mean to be fair. That is the one excuse I relate to.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, meat sweats, sick leave that just sits there doing nothing. You might as well take it.
Speaker 2: You say it every time, you know what.
Speaker 1: Sick leave around here. Because I'm feeling crooked tonight.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to go as hard on the buffet last time. And then what do you do? It's just a vicious cycle.
Speaker 3: Meat sweat into the pool.
Speaker 4: Pork po pork will get you Amanda, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 1: What happened? Was it you or someone you know?
Speaker 2: Someone I know?
Speaker 5: She her cat got stuck in the tree so she couldn't come to God.
Speaker 2: Come know.
Speaker 1: If there's something wrong with your pet, you can take the day off.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, if it's in if it's an emergency.
Speaker 1: Deliterally get stuck in trees though up there.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 2: What do you sit on a pet passing like? How many days of ram? Take it a week? Oh yeah, yeah I do too. I reckon a month, three days for nan. I'm not taking a week for the dog. Get a matt you doing, I'm how are you? Yeah? We're good? What was the excuse?
Speaker 10: A chef and one of my chefs called in six at five o'clock in the morning for his ship and said he started to fall through a table.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 7: Then I later found out that he didn't even live with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his dad felt yeah.
Speaker 2: And then then a couple of days later, he showed me a photo that he hit a kangaroo.
Speaker 10: And this is the same photo that he showed me about three weeks earlier.
Speaker 2: Stop picking. My wife used to run a company that would organize all the promotion staff that you see in bottle shops. Yeah, like all the young promotions. After he tried to let this madori and then on a Saturday morning, her phone would ring hot with like at least forty of them canceling. So gone had a bend on the Friday night. And I remember always every weekend out here, Lure on the phone being like, okay, and I'm very sorry for your lost. I don't mean to be rude, but didn't your grandfather pass away last Saturday as well? Yeah, he's perhaps he's he's gone. Tonight, we will be on Swan Street between about four thirty and five thirty. Keep an eye for Lauren Clinton myself come up, shake our hand and say hey, and you could win ten k.
Speaker 1: That's it. Could win one hundred bucks or you can win one thousand bucks.
Speaker 2: We are going to be offloating some coin along Swan Street tonight, aren't we.
Speaker 3: You know we were very popular yesterday at Southern Cross station.
Speaker 2: Well, my pockets will full of money. Clip that will help?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: And then I'm going to race home tonight, watch the footy with my boys, watch the Anzac service, and then tomorrow I'm going to take both of them to the dawn service. This will be Huddies first, which wanted to go to.
Speaker 1: I normally do the one at the Shrine in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: I just did a local Hampton. They do it very well down there. But you've got to get there early because just being young kids, I want them like front race at least they can see.
Speaker 3: Them two up before the dawn service. Because you boys like to ur.
Speaker 2: No, so we'll do dawn service, go home, a little bit of brecky then how do you know I might go back. It's time, the one day of the year is allowed. It's time to beat those But as the man says on the microphone and he caught field RSL, kids can't hold the money. Kids can't hold the money.
Speaker 4: You know, No kids can't do it, can they. No, how he doesn't actually want to do the hard work to win the money. You just want to take the winning TikTok strikes again. This one is thanks to comedian Benjamin Law, who has been asking people about their offensively non scientific yardstick about whether someone is a rich So back in the day, he was saying he would judge people if they were rich or not whether they had a dishwasher.
Speaker 1: You had a dishwasher, you were rich.
Speaker 4: We had to wash and get the detail out and dry your dishes, nap your puff, your puff, you're not the one game. The other things people suggested were if you had one of the oh god, this is really rich. If you had one of those fridges with an ice machine, rich y. If you had ice trays, Yeah, no, no.
Speaker 2: I'll give you one better. We just had the fridge in the house. If you wanted something from the freezer, you had to go out to the shed where the chest freeze on to that.
Speaker 1: And freezer was fat. Have all the ice cream you wanted inside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not a second freezer, that's the freezer outside, right, And then you'd sit there as a chubby little ranger at eight years old going, I want an ice cream, but then I'm scared of the boogeyman in the ship.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, going out to the garage.
Speaker 2: I would run to get that corner affected by that.
Speaker 3: To this day, are you?
Speaker 1: I would argue that if you had a garage, rich, if you had like a tarp or a carport. We had a carport, wed Yeah we had a card port.
Speaker 2: No need for a roller door on that one. Yeah, there's no side. We used to this is pop. Mum used to collect the leftover bits of the cake of soap and then mold them together to make because it'd be like two bathrooms. I had three older sisters, so there was little soap cakes everywhere and Mum would just mash them together.
Speaker 3: A genius cakes. That's trifety.
Speaker 2: Remember the pearl was a pearl. It was like yes.
Speaker 1: Is a good word?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: I like when when we the Standaways went on a trip to Sizzler, there was usually a long one at Sizzler of people waiting to get in. You had to pay before you got in, right, yes, that's right. Mum and Dad would say, okay, you too, Just go to the toilet and then we'll pay and you come and join us at the table. So we'd emerge from the toil and.
Speaker 1: To meet my mum. We've already gone, but then hang on, what are you sharing a seat? There was always extra sit we had that many kids. You'd been in a booth exactly booth like they said, oh, there's five of you, get a booth stretch.
Speaker 3: We are in a booth.
Speaker 2: We are kings. We would go caravanning down the Gold Coast for like four weeks and the into the year, but mum and dad would always stop at McDonald's on the way. But it was to pick up all the little sashets, just so that way we had it for caravanning was ready to go.
Speaker 1: When we've gone holidays, now you get like a buffet breakfast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And our parents would always be like, wrap up some of those croissants in napkins and take them because we are not paying for lunch today.
Speaker 2: Only breakfast is included.
Speaker 1: Only breakfast is included.
Speaker 2: Where were you on holidays?
Speaker 1: Anywhere?
Speaker 2: No where were you when you were wrapping up the croissants.
Speaker 3: They don't do a buffet at the campsite.
Speaker 2: They don't clip we're in Paris, no wonder we couldn't.
Speaker 3: They do a good crossant in Paris?
Speaker 2: Guys, quickly wrap up the croissants. Things are expensive in Paris.
Speaker 1: We'd have them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We spend all our money on the flights over.
Speaker 2: Absolutely overrated or underrated underwe so you know, it's just things that we learn from during the week and game its. But I read that's a bit of underrated. If you join us on the air, you might pick up tickets to Narl Horn. He is coming back to town. Got shows at rod Labor Arena May third and fourth. Tickets are run south through Ticketek thanks to TG live.
Speaker 4: Guys, I had something yesterday that I used to hate, and then I had them yesterday and I'm having a real moment for them, and I reckon, they're underrated.
Speaker 1: Sardines on a cracker, Sorry on like like really finely bread toasted.
Speaker 2: Question.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you good sardines are delicious.
Speaker 2: Questions difference between sardine and an anchovy?
Speaker 3: They're longer, aren't they?
Speaker 2: I've got?
Speaker 3: Isn't it no longer?
Speaker 1: In fact, I might have even been eating andro do you eat?
Speaker 3: Discussing? Do you eat them? Out of the can? Just dangle them over.
Speaker 1: The was a meeting and they ordered some snacks.
Speaker 2: That's my terrible meeting.
Speaker 4: It was with my accountant, and then he pulled out sardines and I was like, if this stake will get worse, but they can't. It's like quite bougie to serve sardines in a can with a little thing pulled.
Speaker 2: That's bougie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're like fancy surdays.
Speaker 2: I don't know that was a can lawrence.
Speaker 3: So you're doing your tax and your accountant hands.
Speaker 1: You were in a wine bar. We had a little we had some wine and some starting.
Speaker 2: Expedition obviously wrote that meeting.
Speaker 3: His name John West.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, a good Saturday, and is underrated.
Speaker 2: Sticking with food, I'll tell you what's overrated. I had it offered to me earlier in the week and I'm like, I'm not ninety. I love eggs, but it's a no for Keishe.
Speaker 1: I love Keiche. I think it's overrated.
Speaker 2: Overrated.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I can't get enough Keishe's in my life.
Speaker 2: Okay, of course you do, because you're a ninety year old trapped inside a eighty year old's body.
Speaker 1: It's you know what it like? I love it for a tatar as well.
Speaker 4: It's different well pastries for tato pastry around he is that the only difference.
Speaker 3: For a slab of cash. Speaking of being, I did something during the week that I think you're get both going to hate. But I think it's really underrated. I put my electric blanket on for the winter. The only electric blankets are underrated.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: The only person I know that had an electric blanket was mine Animavus, and she died fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know you could still buy them.
Speaker 2: Did she leave it for you? Is it Mavis's blankets sized electric blanket?
Speaker 3: He's now on and ready for winter. I gave it to who the other night and it was absolute.
Speaker 1: What happens when you drink too much in you get electric?
Speaker 2: Yes, he went out warm, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. He told us this morning he was giving up drinking for well.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want to.
Speaker 1: You don't want an electric blanket, You don't want to.
Speaker 2: Electric. I know I'm going to get owed for this.
Speaker 1: I just know what have you done?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: So last week end stunning weather, last weekend beautiful weather.
Speaker 2: We were invited over to a set of school parents' house, some parents whose kid plays basketball with one of my sons.
Speaker 1: Do you socialize with the school parents much?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sometimes, Rather like, here's my philosophy. Rather than hiring a babysitter to go to like an all grade dinner where you're just going to do small talk, I would rather like a couple of couples and then go out and.
Speaker 3: Actually there are other parents and other kids.
Speaker 2: So there was some.
Speaker 1: Wait, sorry, say that again.
Speaker 2: So a lot of them do like, okay, it's the year for dinner this Friday night, you're going to get a babysitter and you go along and it's all the parents, and it's like, of course, you're not going to get along with every parents. That's all the small talk where I would rather skip that event and go, hey Jenny, Steve Mickey, let's us go out for dinner.
Speaker 1: I like the cool group. You exclude the others, just like at.
Speaker 3: School, it's just the funny ones. I want the rich ones.
Speaker 1: I just want the cool one. No, I just want what that means. You don't have to get a babysitter.
Speaker 2: No, you still do, but I just justify the baby sitting costs because.
Speaker 1: You're hanging out with the cool kid, no any parents anyway.
Speaker 2: Last, it seems to me, last Saturday, were invited over to these parents' house. Bring a plate, Well, they said, don't bring anything.
Speaker 3: They put it.
Speaker 2: On sushi platters. At a barbecue they had oysters. What I thought it was going to be a barbecue turned into like a full sit down. So what do you lammed dinner?
Speaker 1: If they say don't bring anything, then you take a nice flowers.
Speaker 2: I took a nice bottle of what's the one with the nice little.
Speaker 3: Yellow yellow.
Speaker 2: With the yellow orange label label. That wasn't going to waste a yellow land on that And and that day earlier, I was driving along North Road And have you heard of is it Scubbies scrolls? Stubby scrolls? Who knows him?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Brady? What's the name of the scroll joints? Sebbi's scroll Sebby scrolls? And have you not seen these on Instagram?
Speaker 1: Must be a bas side.
Speaker 2: They took off. Have a look at those bad boys. They took off during lockdown.
Speaker 3: Ah, yes, I've seen them. A cinnamon scroll, Yes, they took.
Speaker 2: Off during lockdown. And now every weekend, oh my god, yum, what is that? There is a line of people fifty meters long outside Sebbi's scrolls on North.
Speaker 1: Road, Caramel pecan scroll.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's that white magic? They are rush top.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I was driving past and I'm like, brilliant, I'm going to get boxes of Sebbi scrolls to rock up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See that's nice, like you know, boom.
Speaker 2: Boom, everyone's talking about it. Dessert, it'll be great.
Speaker 4: It's it's hot property, the Sebbi scroll. So you would have feen like in the note.
Speaker 2: Anyway, as the afternoon went on, things were progressing, drinks were flowing.
Speaker 1: So it was a lunchtime affair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, started at two. I left at one am.
Speaker 4: That's an expensive babysitter, an eleven hour babysitter. She must have been tearing her hair out with three children.
Speaker 2: The hoster was falling asleep standing up in their kitchen.
Speaker 4: You overstayed welcome that Yeah. I realized that the big boy was like, great, I'm just going to kitchen.
Speaker 2: And one of the everyone else left except me and one other dad.
Speaker 3: And was the dad or the mum that was hosting you falling asleep?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were fully a sleep standing up in the kitchen, and I'm like, I can't need to leave. But anyway, that's not my issue.
Speaker 1: My issue was we have not your issue, it's their issue.
Speaker 2: We had issue. We had, you know, dinner dash lunch at about five pm. Anyway, we're having a few drinks. It's about seven o'clock and I look over on the bench about three meters away and there's the.
Speaker 3: Scroll sitting in a box, still intact.
Speaker 2: Still intact, having been served.
Speaker 3: How on earth did that happen?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I can't ask them.
Speaker 1: You can seven o'clock. So we scroll hour easy.
Speaker 2: I was dropping here to put them on a plan I could do with something sweet.
Speaker 1: Why do you make yourself useful and get them on a plot of yourself?
Speaker 2: Well, I wasn't going to do. I've never been to these people's house before. I wasn't just going to go over and start serving food in their kitchen. So I kept dropping hints all night. No scroll, Oh, no serve went home hungry.
Speaker 3: Oh you didn't take care of the scrolls.
Speaker 2: They kept the scrolls.
Speaker 1: How many scrolls did you buy?
Speaker 2: I bought eight?
Speaker 1: How many people were at lunch?
Speaker 2: Eight plus kids? Kids won't getting scram got the worse When.
Speaker 4: You take something like that that, you're like this is for the adults, like some because you dessert and then they're like.
Speaker 1: Okay, kids who wants to And I'm like no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 2: Here is my question The Marshmallows thirteen twenty four ten. When you take something to someone's house, what's the rule on them serving it? Like, say, if you come to my place and you bring a bottle of wine over, am I supposed to open clint wine? We just keep drinking no wine.
Speaker 4: Interesting one because sometimes you take wine as a gift and sometimes you take it to share.
Speaker 3: I think you offer and you hope that they.
Speaker 1: What do you mean as a hoster?
Speaker 3: Is a nice bottle and you're there and Jason's brought it, I say, should we open this now.
Speaker 4: For next week when you're not see I went to dinner at a friends place the other night and I took a bottle of pino. We're doing a Sunday rise, and it's stayed sitting on the bench, and they served.
Speaker 3: A much boogier wine than what I see that weeks.
Speaker 1: But then I was like, maybe I don't want my pole of wine.
Speaker 2: I better take it home. I can't leave it here. It's just rubbish.
Speaker 1: I just kept eyeing it off, still sitting on that bench.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten. What's the ruling if you take something to someone's house, do they have to see so wine?
Speaker 1: If I had people at my house, yep, I would serve.
Speaker 3: What I had organized and you'd save theirs.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well, I.
Speaker 1: Think wine is often like a gift, all.
Speaker 2: Right, thirty twenty four ten Away in a twoken social etiquette this morning. Yeah, I went to a set of parents' house for dinner last week from school and basketball where the kids know them. Never been to their house before. I stayed to one am realized I ever stayed more welcome.
Speaker 1: At what point did you realize when they went to bed and you were still sitting there?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: He was like, like, the guy was standing in his kitchen and I finished my pinot and I said, should we do a roadie? And I looked over and he was like, and I was like, he's falling a sleep standing gup. I better go.
Speaker 3: That's not great.
Speaker 1: There's nothing worse.
Speaker 3: So you took a bottle of champagne.
Speaker 2: Bottle of champagne, which is acceptable.
Speaker 3: So the scroll did it get drunk?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, we have it into that.
Speaker 3: But the issue I have is when I take something on a plate, how I retrieved my plate. That's a real issue.
Speaker 1: Yes, you would be protecting over your.
Speaker 2: You got to part with that very nice. You got to part with that.
Speaker 3: You give them a plan.
Speaker 2: That's done. It's done. You're not getting it back.
Speaker 4: You're just help in the kitchen and you move it on too another plate, put some gladed up over it and take your plate back.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a bit.
Speaker 1: You're not donating.
Speaker 3: I'm not walking out.
Speaker 2: I'm not walking out with an empty plate under my arm.
Speaker 1: You know how much some of those platters cost.
Speaker 2: That's why you serve it on the cheap one.
Speaker 1: Going to dinner with like a cheap plate.
Speaker 2: Those aluminium ones? Now, what up with and that?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't nice salad bowls? That's mine. I'm taking that home with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's Benny.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Are you're good socialated kit If you're the host, you have to serve what.
Speaker 7: People bring depends on circumstances. If I if I invite people and bask them to bring something. So I've got a group of friends we do an annual barbecue, and whoever's hosting will do all the barbecue and everybody brings salad and dirt. You serve everything. People bring their own wine. If their wines get drunk, it gets drunk. If it doesn't, they take it home.
Speaker 1: Donation into their salary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know when you you know, when you're young and you're growing up in your host house parties and then you check the booze cuvered afterwards and like you've got it's fully stopped, but it's all like half drunk random things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, I think if you take food, it is to be served. If you take wine, that could be seen as a gift as good.
Speaker 3: If someone else brings some nicer beer and go put your hand in there and accidentally pull out one of.
Speaker 2: The heirs, sorry yours. No, you're right, made helped yourself.
Speaker 3: Go for it. I've got six.
Speaker 1: If you take something better that you want to drink, and they serve like a like a terrible champagne, and you've bought a nice bottle to enjoy your dinner, and you're like, oh god, oh god, they've taken it as a gift.
Speaker 3: I really wanted to drink.
Speaker 2: Also, lou wouldn't let me take because I bought a couple of bottles of white, and she's like, we're not rocking up like those people. So I had to leave some bottles in the car and just walk in with one.
Speaker 4: No, you could take two bottles. I thought you went at midday and left at one am and you only took one.
Speaker 1: Bottle of wine.
Speaker 2: Michael Is on the air thirteen twenty four ten. Where do you sit on this one, Michael social etiquet. There needs to be said.
Speaker 10: So more often we guess than the host, and depends on how close we are, particularly with the school parents, yep, it will give them with an expensive bottle yep. And if we're not that close, it'll be a cheaper bottle.
Speaker 3: Right, so you rank them.
Speaker 4: But if I was taking a gift, right like a wine, to say thank you, I would put it in one of those funny little wine sleeves, you know.
Speaker 2: Like a little bag like the birthday bag.
Speaker 1: This is for you, thanks for hosting us.
Speaker 2: Oh that's good, because the lab this is for dinner. You'd give them a present one sometimes dinner.
Speaker 4: I would sometimes take flowers and then a bottle of wine or like something. Or it might be like some beautiful chocolates or something you like for you think so if it.
Speaker 3: Arrives in the brown paper bag, that means it's ready to be drunk.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's for the party.
Speaker 3: That's good. That's actually a good distinction.
Speaker 2: One of the dads walking dads walked in and dropped a full cart and on the kitchen.
Speaker 1: That's for consumption. Be's always for you're not bringing beer as.
Speaker 2: A gift jewels in Leonard's what's your thoughts?
Speaker 9: Oh, well, we have a pretty good system that Actually I have to give the credit to my husband, who is probably drinking canty as Anyway, when people bring wine, and even if it's a scenario like they bring it in a gift pack, so you know that they want you to have it as a gift for yourself if it doesn't get drunk throughout the night. Because we always have heaps of wine here anyway, we write the names on the bottles and we put them away and the next time we're with those people then we'll bring them out and we share it with them.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really nice. I like that. Oh my god, I've got a beautiful wine.
Speaker 2: That's great. As the guest, I love that. But as the host, that's a lot of work. You're running a library.
Speaker 1: But it's not guarantee. You might tuck into it, you know, with it just your husband.
Speaker 2: No, no, but imagine rocking up at Jewels's house. Jewels, can you check lost and found for a bottle I left here last time?
Speaker 1: Hey, Jules.
Speaker 4: Now the big issue here I think you'll be good exciting is if you bring food to that event or barbecue or dinner. Is that to be served or is that for the people to just save for the next day.
Speaker 9: Now you eat that and you get to take the plate.
Speaker 1: Jewels would have booge platters should be serving. Did she say her husband was drinking Chianti in Italy right now? Well, he's living the dream, isn't he.
Speaker 2: He's not there?
Speaker 1: Why I tell you mine?
Speaker 2: Sound? Bring it over, I'll serve it.
Speaker 1: You're not getting.
Speaker 3: One question.
Speaker 2: Let five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: This is Jase and and Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Five thousand dollar question. One question, five thousand dollars. We do it every day at eight o'clock. Let's send to Epping. Good morning, Amy, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: We are excellent? Tell you this morning.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm good, extremely nervous and excited.
Speaker 1: You don't be nervous, Amy, what do you do with yourself?
Speaker 7: So I work at a cardiologist and I think, very nice?
Speaker 3: What's it? What's it? The hobbies?
Speaker 1: Have you got hobbies?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 7: Three children just today, classic hobbies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do, they do?
Speaker 2: Indeed? All right, hey, Amy, do you play along in the car? How do you normally go with the five K question?
Speaker 5: Every single day we play along?
Speaker 7: Sometimes well you didn't get it yesterday, but every other day I did. Chris Nolan last week.
Speaker 2: Sart we go a smart cookie. All right, here's the go though. It's up to you how smart you're feeling. You can do an easy question for fifty bucks, a medium question for five hundred, or you can roll the dice and go for five K.
Speaker 3: Five K, all the way, five thousand dollars, No gutsno glory.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous.
Speaker 4: And he said she was nervous, and she's rubbed it off on me. All right, Amy, come on, let's see if we can win you five thousand dollars. I'm going to ask a question. You'll hear a three two, one countdown. You have to answer within that time, Amy, and five thousand dollars could be coming your way.
Speaker 2: Are you ready yea three seconds. You will have to answer he wo make a guess if you don't know. Okay, okay, all right. Your five thousand dollars question is.
Speaker 1: Amy, in golf, what is the term for scoring two underpar.
Speaker 7: Three and egal one?
Speaker 2: She's done it. Five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Amy, It's that simple. Thank god.
Speaker 2: I played Microsoft out.
Speaker 1: You're not even.
Speaker 2: Five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: At the start of that, I asked you if you had any hobbies.
Speaker 2: I was wondering if you said.
Speaker 4: Microsoft girl, Amy, Amy, Amy, I knew that one was gettable.
Speaker 5: So excited, I'm going to have to go and get my heart checked.
Speaker 4: Now, Amy, what are you going to do with five thousand dollars? And what does it mean to you and your family? You've got three kids.
Speaker 1: It's a busy house.
Speaker 7: It is a busy house. It means so much to us.
Speaker 5: We've got so much expense is going on with three kids?
Speaker 2: And didn't mean the world.
Speaker 1: I'm so grateful, so well curved.
Speaker 2: I knew that was going to go today, So did I. Five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: We love giving away cash.
Speaker 2: Cash from amping money, money money.
Speaker 4: I've been learning a lot about children recently. Obviously, I've told you many times. I've got a niece who I asked because she was dribbling the other day, perhaps she was teething, And they said, Lauren, she's ten weeks old.
Speaker 1: She's not teething, she's just dribbling.
Speaker 3: They're very complex because I.
Speaker 1: Find there should be a manual, there should be instruct but they're all different.
Speaker 2: I always say to friends that are about to have one baby, I'm like, hey, mate, if.
Speaker 1: I can do three, yeah, anyone won't do anything.
Speaker 2: Anyone can do anything. How do you go changing nappis?
Speaker 1: I mean, she's really little, so that's sort of fine at this point.
Speaker 2: Wait till she's on solids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it turns a bit more solid.
Speaker 2: It turns.
Speaker 1: Does it is that when they have teeth that they start solids?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not chewing anyway, not just babies in the teeth. So kids of all ages, adults, we all have teeth and we all have a story to tell about our teeth. And one of my friends kids, because all my friends, most of my friends, I would say, have children, and some of them are, you know, five, six, seven, are this little guys? I think in year one maybe prep I don't know, hard to tell small child blonde hair, very cute.
Speaker 3: It blends into one around that age.
Speaker 2: Look, what are we talking? Roughly seven?
Speaker 1: Prep or you one?
Speaker 2: Okay, five?
Speaker 4: Because now they go to that preschool thing that's like school, and so it feels like he's give us some of them got to kinder at school and they wear like a school uniform.
Speaker 1: That's the It feels like they've been at school for years.
Speaker 2: Oh that's early learning with a uniform in learning a blazer, Clint, I'll come on, thank you.
Speaker 4: Very confusing and as to how long you've spent at school for anyway, he came up to us. We came up to me and said, my mouth hurts. And I was like, go and have a cup of water.
Speaker 3: Good solution.
Speaker 4: That's what used to say to me at school if I wanted to go to I have a couple of water, okay. And then he said, oh no, my mouth hurts, and I was like, okay, well, let me have a look.
Speaker 1: What was I looking for? Anyway?
Speaker 4: He opens his mouth. He's got his children's teeth whatever they called baby, and he's growing. He's growing a row of teeth behind the children's teeth like a shark. But the dollars so I screamed, and then he ran over to his mum and she's.
Speaker 2: Going to comfort the kid. Yeah, you're screaming, and.
Speaker 1: She was like, oh no, there's nothing, that's fine.
Speaker 4: And I'm looking at her going and your eyes painted on because that kid is growing shark teeth and then.
Speaker 2: Of teeth behind the baby.
Speaker 1: His new teeth are coming behind the baby teeth haven't fallen out yet.
Speaker 2: They're coming in too early.
Speaker 4: So anyway, he's had to get that. She's had the tooth removed and it's all will be fine. But he's is that normal?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Sometimes shark teeth?
Speaker 1: Did I have shark teeth this child?
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the front, in the front.
Speaker 2: No, that's what she's saying. Like the adult teeth were coming through.
Speaker 1: Too early, but they weren't knocking the other ones out.
Speaker 2: They were coming up from behind like a shark.
Speaker 1: And he was not in a good place.
Speaker 3: It's one of my adults like that.
Speaker 1: The kids freak out to.
Speaker 2: One of my kids. Recently did a scan and they don't have adult teeth waiting underneath.
Speaker 1: A way, it's going to be an adult with babies head.
Speaker 2: We're gonna call him gummy.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Like there's two there's two teeth that don't have adult teeth waiting underneath.
Speaker 1: So does he keep his baby teeth?
Speaker 2: Well, we have to try and keep them as long as we can, or we need to. They'll grow one or we remove the baby teeth and he's gonna have gaps. No, no, So that way an orthodontist can start like moving merging them.
Speaker 4: I'm scared of the dentist, as you know, and I don't have wisdom teeth. I just don't have them.
Speaker 2: What do you mean.
Speaker 4: I've been scared about having to have wisdom teeth taken out and then I did all the X rays, Like you don't have them?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: They just never It's like it's like I talked myself out of growing.
Speaker 4: I'm not even gidding I do that with a lot to not get wisdom teeth because I didn't want the operation and I just don't have them.
Speaker 1: Where there's a will, there's a way. Guys, belief.
Speaker 2: You would hate people looking at you with the tea towel and the and the ice packed tight around.
Speaker 3: It gets quite a journey. Sorry, where are.
Speaker 2: Just why are they missing? Because sometimes what do you mean you've got to have the teeth?
Speaker 4: I'm telling you as we're getting older, you know, like we used to be gorillas and now we're turning into humans and we're like evolving evolution. Some people arens we don't need anymore like wisdom.
Speaker 2: Teeth or brain.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's a thing.
Speaker 3: It's a thing.
Speaker 1: Some people getting sharp teeth.
Speaker 3: So your kids aren't going to have teeth.
Speaker 1: No, they're gonna have tiny little baby teeth as adult.
Speaker 2: Gummy's gonna be fine. Basically, he just like, so we're going to take we're going to take the baby teeth out that don't have any underneath it and then close the games.
Speaker 3: You should donate a couple Clint, You've.
Speaker 1: Got plenty of teeth to loona park over there.
Speaker 2: Jason Lawrence, good morning Melbourne. Yes, if you are heading along to the footy tonight, Swan Street's going to be hoo.
Speaker 1: It will be heaving.
Speaker 4: In fact, it's going to be heaving all weekend for all of these Anzak Ground footy games and blockbusters.
Speaker 2: Keep an eye out for us. We are getting out about right across Melbourne. We are doing say hey to win ten k.
Speaker 1: That's it. It's that simple.
Speaker 2: All we have to do is come up see Lauren Clinton myself, shake our hand and say hey, every hundredth person and one of our team members has one of those little clickers like the nightclub guy tic tic tict. Every hundred person will win one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Every thousandth person will take away a thousand, and the ten thousandth person will win ten thousand dollars in cash.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we hit up Southern Cross Station. This is how it went down.
Speaker 3: Oh, I want your name Telia?
Speaker 2: And sorry, how do you recognize this old lady.
Speaker 3: From Aby Kids? That's so May met w BA Kids?
Speaker 1: It was w bys have a branding issue it with Kids WB Actually, I obviously did a good job promoting the show.
Speaker 2: Hello, Emma, what did you say when you walked up?
Speaker 3: I said, I watched Lauren on kids WV when I was a kid. I'm twenty.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes me feel so old.
Speaker 2: Mom Da you grew up with mom O care what people don't know laws? Yes, we are three people away from another one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Three for a little winning shake your recon. I thought that woman was running towards you. She's just gonna visit train.
Speaker 2: Hello. What's your name? Sin?
Speaker 3: Sin?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Guess what number one hundred. You got a hundred back. Congratulations, and I think your friend was like, no, I'm not sure. Why not jokes on them? What are you doing in the city. I'm waking going to mepos.
Speaker 3: Yes, supposed to be. Now go for dinner tonight.
Speaker 2: Like eat band news for you. We just gave away another hundred bucks. You missed it by two minutes. Very unfortunate.
Speaker 3: I saw you guys earlier, but thought i'd go to the toilet first and then come on.
Speaker 2: That's wrong. There's one lady that was hanging right back. She's trying to work out the time when to do it. Hello here, you're going excellence. Not there yet?
Speaker 1: Are you science too?
Speaker 2: Don't be angry you.
Speaker 3: Sakes time.
Speaker 2: It is that easy. Tonight we'll be back.
Speaker 3: On the streets handing out cat wearing my Melbourne scarf as well.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that's that's totally fine. My mum's knitting me one of those ones where it's down the middle. Good.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so embarrassed.
Speaker 2: No, I won't. No, I'm joking. Mum can't do that. So around four point thirty she back, why are you laughing?
Speaker 1: Sheback, I'm laughing at Clint.
Speaker 3: Jason, I feel moments.
Speaker 1: Don't look at me like that.
Speaker 2: No, my mum is not pulling out the Junomi.
Speaker 1: You made the joke, not me, because my mum has passed.
Speaker 3: Did you know me in heaven?
Speaker 2: All right? So here's the goat tonight because she start laughing. Stop tackling, respect, Lauren.
Speaker 3: She's dead so many you tell the joke.
Speaker 1: I laugh at your job.
Speaker 2: She's my mother. I'm allowed to do the joke.
Speaker 3: Do you laugh at his dad too?
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to bring that up. He's not going to the football tonight as well, Lauren. In case you're wondering, you know wyfering.
Speaker 3: He's suffering. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Because he's dead too, Do not say, all right?
Speaker 3: Should we play a song my dad? He can't steal away to heaven? Maybe stop it?
Speaker 1: No, you started this joke. It's not funny.
Speaker 2: No, no, it's not my parents.
Speaker 1: I know we miss them.
Speaker 3: You met them.
Speaker 1: I did not ever meet them, but I would have loved them.
Speaker 2: I can't say this.
Speaker 1: I reckon your dad would.
Speaker 2: Have loved I actually think he would have said.
Speaker 1: Would I think it's a good thing that he and I did not did not Colla.
Speaker 2: You think it's a good thing. Great, Wow, I'm gonna win. That's what he would have.
Speaker 1: Come on, play a nice song. What song's coming up?
Speaker 2: Please be something, because I know you've heard of divorce, but if you heard a sleep divorce, well.
Speaker 1: It's funny you mention it. Because is this about people sleeping in separate bedrooms?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a it's a trend that it's taking off on the old tok at the moment, couples jumping online to explain why they're sleeping in separate.
Speaker 4: Bedroom because remember Paul said to me the other day, I think i'd been unwell or he'd been unwell, and he said, why don't I just sleep in their spare room tonight?
Speaker 1: And I looked at him and said, well, we might as well break up. Yeah, no, no, no, we might as well break up.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually the other way.
Speaker 1: We sleep in separate rooms. I think that's the stairway to the end of our relationship. And then he's been away for a week and I've had the king bed to myself, and last night he was home and I was so excited to have him home until I went to bed and he climbed in and I was like, why don't you go sleep in the spare room so I can roll around in here or Molly.
Speaker 2: That's the thing a lot of couples are saying, it's actually going the other way. It's saving their marriage and relationship.
Speaker 1: There is something to yourself which is just so liberating.
Speaker 2: They're going to bed together having a bit of and then it's like you know, a couple, thanks coming over, and then you get up and go off tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought it was just on the nights where you weren't doing that. I don't think it's so to be like a one night stand every time.
Speaker 2: Well not every chow please, So so not doing that every night.
Speaker 3: So you've just transacted. You've just done the transaction.
Speaker 2: No, no, but that's that's not the point. Though you might not be doing the transaction, you still you're getting caught up in the transaction. Oh I'm just saying Park that for a second, just a normal night. You and Clint are married, pathetical.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I don't know this conversation.
Speaker 2: But the sake of art tipping points finished and you guys are ready for bed.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a good show.
Speaker 1: Get so he went to bed at quarter past seven.
Speaker 4: Last night gets me and I thought, I wonder if Clint's still up, fair Chads.
Speaker 2: He's also in bed, and you would know because he's in a separate bed. So you kiss each other good night. You go after your separate rooms. Benji Marshall, who used to play for Tigers Tigers, Yeah, and his wife Zoey, who's quite prominent on social they have separate rooms. And I remember reading an article where he was like, he gets to style his room.
Speaker 1: Stuff your own wardrobe, wardrobe. I love my own life.
Speaker 3: I'd put a gaming share in this at the place I ask out of the seven days are you, are you wholesale in bed with loose seven days?
Speaker 2: Or at the moment now with kids, we're like moving with three kids. I go to bed in one bed and I wake up somewhere completely different, And I'm like, she does the same, different different situation.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: Totally different situation.
Speaker 1: But what about you have to stamp her in the next morning and collect your belongings. No no, no, no, no, that you've left. You can't leave anything in.
Speaker 2: The other person's room, Well, yess not.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, what if you've left something in there?
Speaker 7: You do?
Speaker 1: You have to knock to be able to go in to collect what you might have taken off and left there after.
Speaker 2: Don't make this then it needs to be Yeah, you change your own sheets. Imagine the would be doing as much washing.
Speaker 4: As you could have your Collingwood Football club sooner cover and she's got a beautiful Christmas mermaids.
Speaker 1: I grew out of that, you know what.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten. Let's see how common it is here in Melbourne. Are you sleeping in separate rooms to your partner or have you got something else you've rolled in to?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I said something not someone like? Is there something else you do to save the relationship?
Speaker 1: A body pillow, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's compulsory date nights like Lou and I used to have. Okay, no go on night.
Speaker 1: It's a great.
Speaker 2: Friday archies in like daycare. So Friday at lunch, I wasn't allowed to book anything in and she wasn't either, So that was our time with a couple of lunch every Friday.
Speaker 1: That's nice. Yeah, how long did that last?
Speaker 2: About a week?
Speaker 3: Where else? Dessert?
Speaker 2: Again, it's not all about.
Speaker 1: That because the last time you did that, I thought you guys went to the car wash. You thought this will be a fun couple activity. Let's get clean together.
Speaker 3: It's soapy.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number. Whether it's separate bedrooms or something else, what has helped save your relationship? Give it's a call here at and nover. You've got Jason Lauren Clint here from the newsroom, and we're all sleeping separately.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness for that between the three of us.
Speaker 4: I don't sleep separately with my fiance, but he has been away for a week and I did love having the king sized bed to myself.
Speaker 1: Came home last night, well, I was like, hello, you got two other beds in this house. I've been quite enjoying.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about bunks?
Speaker 4: A lot of people are doing this separate bedrooms thing. Isn't there a couple that have a podcast here about it, separate bathrooms and separate bedrooms. Yes, and they say it's just a game changer.
Speaker 2: Yep, the Dado's Dados. Yep. Separate Bathrooms is the podcast.
Speaker 3: And also, I mean snoring is a big issue.
Speaker 2: For which is what the phone lines have all about. Sam in Coburg is joining us on the end.
Speaker 5: Morning Sam, Morning, and how are you going, We're good.
Speaker 2: You and your partner live in separate bedrooms or sleep in separate bedrooms.
Speaker 5: So I live with my ex partner wow, before we broke up. So we've got a kid together and she's under one. So when we were together, I would tell him to sleep in the spare bed because the snaw is really loud. And we've tried earplugs, we've tried the mouth guard. We tried everything and it just wouldn't work. So is that why, No, that's extreme.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So and now we live together, but we're not together romantically, so that's interesting.
Speaker 4: I've got another friend in the same position as you, So they're co parenting with their children.
Speaker 1: They've got two kids.
Speaker 4: They're living in the one house and they've got a bedroom et and they've got one child.
Speaker 2: In how's it going? Is it working for you? It works? Well? You know what, whatever works you do you is my philosophy in life, and so you don't have to conform to the norm.
Speaker 4: Can I ask Sam? What if someone wants meets someone and wants to bring them home.
Speaker 2: Is that allowed?
Speaker 5: I think because my our daughter is still very young and we're still like, I'm the first time mum, so it's my head is not there would with him, yeah right, it was to happen where we're civil. We're more best friends than anything.
Speaker 2: But we say that I would not be civil until he rocks up with Debbie. Not be civil, No, God would spit them mate, honestly.
Speaker 1: Because I've got a friend in a similar situation. I know.
Speaker 2: But if Paul your partner, if you guys split and you guys live together, and he rocked.
Speaker 3: Up with you know, they wouldn't be living together.
Speaker 1: If he could live on in a tent in the park, if he wants, he's not living.
Speaker 2: I like you to let him stay in Victoria. That's cute.
Speaker 1: He'd be on the first plane back to Queensland. Kidding. We're not splitting. We're happy, happy, happy, is with everything right now.
Speaker 2: He's the airport going damn, I'm staying Catherine, Morning, Catherine, Good morning, guys.
Speaker 11: How are you you?
Speaker 2: We're excellent, welcome to the show. Are you sleeping separate bedrooms?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 11: We've been together nearly twenty five years. A few years ago mom and dad just said, oh we've got our own rooms because dad so he's a horrible snorer. So mums still been a full time worker couldn't stand it. So she's like, no, we're having our own rooms. And at first I'm like, no, that really weird.
Speaker 1: You can't do that.
Speaker 11: Get married. And then after about eighteen months ago, my husband snoring has just gotten worse and worse. I'm like, you're in the stare room and it's just he's been in the sare room ever since and it has been a game changer.
Speaker 1: Does it made you a happier couple?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: We hated each other so tired.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and now it's like a person and the kids are like, you don't even love each other. You're in the summer rooms and we're like, no, we we do, but that just gnaws too much. So we have we and sleepovers and that's fine. Way friendly. Were just brought a nice little spark.
Speaker 1: When you say you're sleeping in separate rooms, Catherine, do you have fully?
Speaker 3: Like do you have?
Speaker 4: Would you say you have separate bedrooms? Like are your wardrobes in separate?
Speaker 2: Put up? Like you know, the pies, posters and that sort of thing.
Speaker 11: You will throw a start. He's a crow supporter, but no, we've still got everything in the same films.
Speaker 7: I've got the on screen.
Speaker 11: Of course we still use the same bathroom. We've still got to cloy, like his coboard has still got like all the snow gear and my room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a classic spare room normal, right, Yeah, his room is still the spare room. Did you see Edwena Bartholomew, Yes, from Sunrise at the weekend yesterday, right up in Stellar and spoke about how not only her and her partner sleep in separate bedrooms, they sleep in separate houses. Oh wow, she's got a unit that she stays in.
Speaker 4: A couple of nights a week because she does the Sunrise. Yeah, so she will get up in the middle of the morning and he stays at home with the kid.
Speaker 2: That kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she sounds like snoring is a big issue. Hey, yeah, but that's a whole pretty old man bought from the pharmacy a low boarder for me, a ring, yes, the sleep ring, sleeping for your I think it's a pinky, or is it?
Speaker 2: And then Luke came home with some other clamp form my nose. I'm like, you're trying to stop. What is this?
Speaker 1: What body part does the sleepering go on?
Speaker 3: No, it goes on your pinky and it worked, It worked well. It stopped him, stopped him snoring. He's going to get one for mom, because moms.
Speaker 1: I love your parents.
Speaker 2: They're going to be bullinged out mate.
Speaker 1: The pharmacy sleep ring. It's a sleeper logging at it now, sleep ring.
Speaker 2: Louis, if you're listening, can you swing past chemists warehouse and grab a sleeping amp?
Speaker 1: Kel am kell shoulders.
Speaker 3: Seriously, a sleep ring and it worked. Dad bought them freeze mates.
Speaker 1: Not an aural ring, an anxiety ring.
Speaker 2: Snoring ring, best sleep ring.
Speaker 3: I'm looking up snoring ring.
Speaker 1: This must be great radio for anyone out there with a snorer, will get the solution.
Speaker 3: Snoring ring ring ring.
Speaker 1: No doesn't exist, Clint doesn't exist. What about the people? No, no, no, what about the people that are taping their mouth shut? That's a whole what.
Speaker 3: Taping? Yes, I see it.
Speaker 1: I see it on the instagrams all the time. It's a new thing.
Speaker 4: People buy this special tape and you tape your mouth shut and you only breathe through your nose, and you meant to wake up feeling like a new human.
Speaker 1: Should we try it? Anyone out there use.
Speaker 2: The mouth tape that rattles me. It reminds me of the horrific story.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen it? I'm getting all these targeted ads. I talk too much. You could die, No, you can't, you've got it, nose, nostrils.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you couldn't die, You've got multiple Can I just say, We've got a friend of ours who was in a horrific accident overseas one. She's totally fine now, but she broke her joy, her jaw and do you know what that to do? Wire her jaw shut, Her mouth was wired shut, and she had to basically drink through a straw for four months. Oh my gosh, breathe through her nose, like you were saying with the tape. But you know what they gave her at the hospital little scissors to carry with her everywhere she goes. So if in the events she ever vomited, she needed to cut the wire straight away, otherwise she checking on her own vomit.
Speaker 1: That's the worst story I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: No, and she told us, swear to God, And she told us at dinner.
Speaker 4: So she walked around like she didn't talk to you at dinner. You didn't take someone, No, you could only have liquid out for dinner.
Speaker 1: You didn't do that, you're a cruel person.
Speaker 2: I did. It was my shout, no, no, no, no. She was telling us the story at dinner.
Speaker 3: She'd fully here retrospectively.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but everywhere she went she had to carry scissors.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yes. So when you say like taping people's mouth mouth tape.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you everyone's doing it. I'd love to hear from someone who.
Speaker 3: I have seen it.
Speaker 2: Now. It starts with a bit of gaffes into your mouth and it's cable ties around the hands.
Speaker 1: The tape. No, what's happening in your cussion? No, no, it's definitely found the ring.
Speaker 3: It's snorings how much fifty bucks?
Speaker 2: So you found a lot quicker than us Amazon, Well that's not quick.
Speaker 3: Three sizes.
Speaker 2: You told us a count as well.
Speaker 1: Do they have the mouth tape on this?
Speaker 3: We've got them chemics warehouse too.
Speaker 2: Right there you go. We are getting out of here big not tonight. If you're heading to the g have fun. Thank you for being what do we think guys? Melbourne by what tags?
Speaker 1: By five?
Speaker 4: Really I've really comfortable circle on back in Melbourne today. It's an Australian to not back your team.
Speaker 2: Melbourne by five five points five points five goals.
Speaker 1: D Bath, I think you're probably going to be closest to the pin, but I'm going to go for the my mighty tags. Maybe don't come back.
Speaker 2: Like Clint said, special games like this, even Petrarca said it earlier. You go into it focused like you're actually about to play a Grand Final and the seas.
Speaker 3: Will blow full before the buy shocking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were, you know, couldn't hit a target.
Speaker 1: There's certainly a huge weekend. The footy today does feel like Friday, doesn't It should go and give.
Speaker 2: Them that motivational speech tonight. If you are heading along to the g two things. One is keep an eye out on Swan Street. Lauren, Clint and myself will be there from about four thirty, going up and down the street. Shake your hand, say hey, and you could win ten k. Yes, where our pocket's going to be full of money. We got every one hundredth person we shake hands with, we'll hand over one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Now we're doing it between four thirty and five thirty because you've got to be in your seats for the ANZAC presentation at six point thirty tonight.
Speaker 1: It is a very very important day on our calendar tomorrow.
Speaker 4: A shout out and thank you to all of our service men and women currently serving and those who have served before.
Speaker 2: Don't we forget you're doing service. Get out support. I'm taking the boys down to Hampton RSEL and then and then I'll head up to elston Wick RSEL for a better two up. They do it well there. They do a two hour magic show for the kids.
Speaker 3: Oh well, Daddy goes and disappears.
Speaker 2: He is anyway, have a great day an we will see you on Friday.
Speaker 3: We are great.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Jason Lauren Jason Lauren Wake up feeling Good on number one hundred.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren on socials