Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gadigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and Elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not the hallo panda asmr.
Speaker 1: Do you want mom?
Speaker 2: No, because it'll make me go my go, my throat all funny, you know, make my throat go funny. You know I don't mind a hallow panda.
Speaker 1: I love a strawberry.
Speaker 2: One is my snacktrawl elite. Do you like my snackdrawl. I've got a good array, don't I mm hm. So I panicked because my sister, when she came over for the first time, she said, do I have any Do you have any snacks? And I thought, fucking hell, no, I don't. Actually, I've got nothing to give you.
Speaker 1: I don't have a snack drawl. I'm gonna have to get one.
Speaker 2: Oh it's brilliant, And you know what, now that I'm used to it, I don't often pick from it. Yeah. The problem, Yeah, the problem was at first I was in there every fucking day, haven't you? And twists and snacker you know what I'm loving at the moment. Mini Scotch fingers in the bags.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yum. I love the mini Scotch fingers with the chocolate on it on the bottom.
Speaker 2: Shit girls.
Speaker 1: And I saw Ames on the Weekend doing the rice cake with chocolate and sprinkles.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting. I saw a video from Ames on the Weekend doing jats and chocolate and sprinkle.
Speaker 1: Yum, yum yum. I thought it was salt and sweet yum.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I guess so, yeah, I went, that's bizarre, babe. But yeah, which also, bizarre is my new word. Everywhere I'm letting you know, bizarre. I just can't stop saying that. Yeah, go for it. I keep saying bizarre, and then if you want to really camp it up, you go. Fuck darls, your harp is bizarre. It's real fun. So try and make bizarre go off? How bizarre? How bizar? Anyway, you know what was fucking bizarre, Katie Perry. That's what we haven't.
Speaker 1: Spoke about it. We were meant to do a quick whip, but yeah, we didn't, so consider this to be close friends slash quick whip of our thoughts on the Katy Perry concept. I did do like a little recap on my story, but I feel like, there's a lot more that I have to say.
Speaker 2: Really I missed that. Yeah, yeah, Because obviously this Katy Perry tour, the Lifetime's Tour, it has been a very big topic on the Internet. A lot of people have been shitting on her basically for this absolute mess of a tour. The Internet's words, not mine. But you know, you've probably seen the videos of her doing questionable dance moves flying around the Bloody Arena.
Speaker 1: I will say it is a mess, like the the show is a mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred. It was bizarre, it looks.
Speaker 1: But we'll go through the whole thing. But to like put it in a nutshell what I said on my story. First of all, I was shocked by how many kids were there. Like I knew she had younger fans, but in my mind, I thought the kid fans that grew up listening to her would have grown up by now. The same way. How when I started YouTube, I had little teeny bopper fans. Now they're in their twenties and they still follow me. But it's like Katie Perry's fans from you know, fifteen years ago have grown up, had their own kids, and then now those kids are fans of Katie Perry because it it was a kid's concert, Like, I want to say what eighty percent of the audience was kids, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Like and little little like seventy seven.
Speaker 1: Six five yeah, like dressed in princess glitter touto and.
Speaker 2: On a school night too, which was bizarre.
Speaker 1: And like, I get her songs a catchy, but like, also a heap of her songs are very like sexual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think they're they're too young. Well I think it all goes over their heads, surely, but I think they're sexual in a way that it's like such an innuendo that you can't put it together, Like you know the line I only just as a thirty year old found out that the line where the grass is really greener is talking about marijuana. Oh in California, California girls where the glass is really guena. Well apparently that means which is why she can never sing it live. If you notice she goes sing it and then the crowd sings it because she's not allowed to promote marijuana. So which is marijuana?
Speaker 1: Weird?
Speaker 2: Should I be saying weird? Sorry? Not a drug? Ee? But I don't know, I don't know what the kids are saying these days, don't know the correct lingo on the drugs, but yeah.
Speaker 1: There you go. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think her A lot of her songs are like fine, I mean, peacock is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Well that's what we were. That's what I talked about on my story. So the thing I think, the thing that I did like about the concert was she spoke a lot, and it all seemed very like just off the cuff and unscripted, like when we went and saw the Ears tour. She's like, thank you so much, Sidney, I love you so much. I wrote this song for you. And then she goes in and it feels like so scripted, like when Taylor would talk on stage.
Speaker 2: She said that, you know, she said the same thing everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that just feels lame to me.
Speaker 2: I know, but in her defense, she was because I felt the same way. It was very much like watching a theater show. However, a tour of that magnitude, Yeah, you've got.
Speaker 1: It to stick to the script, whereas like Katie, the songs would stop and then she'd just be like who catching her breath and then she would just go on a tangent yeah, like us Yeah, she would go on a tangent and just be talking and like interacting with the Crown, and you could tell that she was just like being herself, and that's one thing that I really liked. And she just didn't seem to care, like it was all a bit unseerious, and I honestly feel like she's forty, and she kept going, I'm forty, Like I think she's just gotten to a point where she's been around for so long and she's done all the crazy big things. Now she's just kind of like fuck it. Yeah, And I think with this tour, that's what we're seeing is her just being like fuck it, you know, like I'm forty. She kept talking about the fact that she has her daughter who's like five. She kept bringing that up, And I liked the realness of it because when you think of celebrities like Katie Perry or whatever, like you think of them in a certain way. But then to just see her just being herself, being goofy, being silly, having a joke, talking about all sorts of stuff, like, I felt like that made it seem like really human and down to earth, which I liked. So I liked that part of it. Where do we fucking begin?
Speaker 2: Okay, So first of all, this was the concept of the show. So the concept of the show is it's like twenty fifty or something fifty. It's like twenty years in the future, which isn't that far away, but anyway, basically, it's like a post apocalyptic world and all the butterflies in the world, who are the heart and soul of the ecosystem, have been trapped away somewhere, I think, harvesting their energy to like power the world or something.
Speaker 1: The world is very like AI.
Speaker 2: Yes, everything's AI, and so Katie Perry is like called upon as like a superhero to release the butterflies, and to do that she needs to collect these hearts. And the whole thing is like a game, like a like a video like.
Speaker 1: An Arcade video game, and so that's what plays on the screen like at the very beginning and throughout, and she collects hearts throughout the show.
Speaker 2: Which I didn't understand till halfway through because the heart's kept flying down from the roof and all that she.
Speaker 1: Was like collecting the hearts in the game and then.
Speaker 2: Collecting all made sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found that whole thing, Like all the graphics and visuals like it felt like it was put together very quickly.
Speaker 2: And I think it was.
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 2: I think it was. Let me tell you, I have a theory here and I also have I have a little bit of insider tea on.
Speaker 1: This and just to give you all, like a visual like this was what played on the screens, like all the big TV screens, like before she came on and as she did costume changes and for a visual it was a cartoon and it was AI generated cartoon. You could tell because even Katie was in it, but it almost looked like her. But you know when Ai is just slightly off.
Speaker 2: And her voice, yeah, was slightly off as well.
Speaker 1: And it was all like it was just Ai to the extreme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Just quickly on a tangent, have you seen TikTok's new Ai voice feature? Have you used it? No? Goal, It is scary. It was scary.
Speaker 1: Can it be your voice?
Speaker 2: It can be your voice? And let me I'm gonna go on my TikTok right now and I'm going to give you all an example.
Speaker 1: Does everyone have it?
Speaker 2: Well, you give me a sentence that you'd like me to say that you'd like me to get it to say?
Speaker 1: Ool?
Speaker 2: Sorry, give me a sentence that you want you want the AI to say and make it PG. Please.
Speaker 1: I am wearing a blue tracksuit set today and I have had four shots of coffee.
Speaker 2: And I have had four shots of coffee.
Speaker 1: So what you use is for a voice over on a blog?
Speaker 2: Yeah, text to speech. I am wearing a blue track suit set today and I have had four shots of coffee.
Speaker 1: That is pretty accurate. Do you have to talk into it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where do I find? So? Where do I set it up? Because I want to do one?
Speaker 2: Okay? So go plus?
Speaker 1: Oh the way, did you like my Barada video?
Speaker 2: Press the plus at the bottom? Okay, and then just take a photo and then just type whatever you want. Just say hello for now so we can set it up.
Speaker 1: Hello, my name is Brittany.
Speaker 2: And then if you click that now and say text to speech, and then at the top it will.
Speaker 1: Say create your own AI voice okay.
Speaker 2: And then I'll ask you to say a sentence of some sort.
Speaker 1: Okay. Oh, here TikTok voice library terms. It's making me read terms and conditions.
Speaker 2: Oh, it actually didn't do that for me, and.
Speaker 1: It's only about three scrolls long. Agree, Okay, record yourself reading the following lines tap to start recording. How did your presentation go today? I know you were nervous about it earlier. I'm sure it was great. Okay, I've recorded that. It's processing. You have to put my phone on loud so everyone can hear it. Sorry, if I get messages.
Speaker 2: You couldn't have made that shit.
Speaker 1: This is your AI voice speaking. Try it out in your videos now, okay, now let's try it. Let me just quickly write this. Hello, what do you want my AI voice to say?
Speaker 2: And I look like bananas in pajamas.
Speaker 1: Hello, my name is Brittany.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Hello, my name is Brittany and I look like bananas in pajamas. That is so the hello was weird?
Speaker 2: He I did notice when you recorded your voice it wasn't me natural.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put my phone on silent. I have to have my phone on silent for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no fair. So anyway, that's scary. A Like, that's so scary because we could make it say anything, you know what I mean. You could get canceled then, oh my god, yeah, you could get canceled for saying whatever.
Speaker 1: Set it up on their account. And he's one of my videos to reset it up.
Speaker 2: Yes, although you have to read one of the you have to read the sentence.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right.
Speaker 2: So that's all right then probably why yeah, there you go anyway.
Speaker 1: I yeah, what was I saying to Katie Perry? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So I have some inside of knowledge from someone who knows, someone who worked on the tour, but I mean unconfirmed, unconfirmed who knows. I don't want to get sued. But apparently her tour was actually meant to be completely different until about five or six days from the start of the tour, which is when she then went to space, or maybe she went to space like two weeks before the tour kicked off, and they actually knew obviously they knew she was going to space well in advance, and so they apparently apparently apparently the tour was actually meant to be space themed and all about going to space and all about different lifetimes.
Speaker 1: Well, I know that she made a joke about going to space when she was on the stage, but like making fun of herself. She said, don't do that because you'll become crazy and go to space. Did you hear her say that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I think to from my understanding, the tour was actually meant to be space themed, and then because of the backlash from her going to space and how horribly that landed across the world and all of the memes that came out about her online and all the rest of it, apparently apparently every time I say, apparently, I just wait for you to come. But yeah, apparently they did a whole restructure of the whole thing, and certain elements you could tell that certain elements were still there, like for example, the woman's well bit where the woman had the big because I'm pretty sure the whole thing was they were going to different planets, so now they were going a different party, had a video.
Speaker 1: Game, a big universe, like she didn't you have a world or globe in her hand?
Speaker 2: Yeah, or a planet yeah, and she was spinning at it and stuff. Yeah, So the space themed kind of continued, and like you know, the staging and everything kind of it's still worked with all of that. But I do actually think that the AI generated stuff was made in a matter of days, And if you think about it changing into it like that, would it would be easy, I want to say, I mean, and it would be hard work, but it would be kind of easy. Because you'd have the bones of it exactly the same. I mean, all the dance moves stay the same if you think about it. Their costumes were very space and could have been out of space. Her costumes not so much, but I reckon the costumes could have been changed last minute. But yeah, I could see how it would be. And obviously the floating flying around the room so much, like that's obviously zero gravity vibes. Yes, So yeah, I kind of like could see and I was looking out for that with that prior knowledge, I was like, yeah, I can see how this was a different show, and then because of the backlash from going to Space, it was changed so so quickly. I will say that I've seen Katie Perry many times, and I don't want to be a hater and I don't want a dog pile, but what the fuck was that? Like I left and went, that was fucked. Yeah, Like I wouldn't just like say that and jump on board what everyone else is saying. And you know, I'm the first person to defend someone when I disagree with what everyone else is saying. But I will say, like, I think the online commentary is warranted, Like I went, I've seen her a few times before, and I went this is.
Speaker 1: It also just seemed very low budget.
Speaker 2: Like low budget.
Speaker 1: Like it was like obviously in a way smaller stadium than the Ears tour, so you can't compare, but it just seemed low budget. All the props seemed low budget.
Speaker 2: And I also thought that she what's the word, like she was just a little cringe. She was a bit boomer energy for me, like she was a bit of a boomer up there, and she'd say things like she'd be like, this song goes out to anyone who's ever been bullied on social media, and then she'd be like she'd sing a song that had nothing to do with like bully.
Speaker 1: Just a bit all over the shop. And there were some bits which I was like, I would turn to Cane like this bit is good, Like yeah, there were parts that felt like a would put together concert, like where the costumes were amazing, the dancers, like the dancers are really good, Yeah, given that, But there were some bits where it all was working together and I was like, this feels like a good concert at this moment. But then it would just go in a completely other direction, you know.
Speaker 2: I also wonder what the artistic choice was of using all male dancers, because I felt that was quite strange in twenty twenty five and the band, I mean half the band were female, half the band were male. Yeah, but I thought it was interesting that she's singing It's a woman's one and you're like Elena and.
Speaker 1: She's dancing with men.
Speaker 2: I was looking at the stage, going, you're the only female on stage right now. Yeah, And I didn't know whether what kind of artistic choice that was. Again, maybe with the space thing, it was like, you know, the whole thing was that the females. It was an all female crew who went to space. Maybe it was symbolic of like her being the only one that ever actually got to space, or they were all alien and she wasn't. Who knows, but I thought that was interesting that in twenty twenty five all of your dancers are men that way.
Speaker 1: I did notice that too.
Speaker 2: That was interesting, And I just felt that it just didn't hit the things that I.
Speaker 1: Don't get, like with the concert, like if you're going to go on tour, like why would you do it like like kind of half fast or like low budget, or like why would she do it like to make money? But then I'm like again in my mind, I think, like these celebrities have all the money, like why do they need to make more?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I do want to say as well, I enjoyed myself and had a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: There was at no point though, where I wanted to get up and dance. I got up and danced in the very last song because I was like, I better because I haven't danced at all. Like it was a bit clunky. She'd kind of like get to a good bit and you'd go, here we go, and then it would drop off again and we'd be back to like we cringey awkward energy. It was a little awkward. It was a bit and I remember seeing her at the Witness tour and she was visibly like pissed off at the crowd. I remember actually talking about that on my old podcast. I remember like we went and then she was visibly like pissed off with the crowd. This time, I will say she was having the time of her life. I could tell she was having.
Speaker 1: The time of her fucking life, which was nice.
Speaker 2: And that's all about it. At the end of the day. Yes, and I had a good time as well. I'm very glad I went. I love her. I have loved her for a long time, and I'm glad that I went. And I think I'll always got to all Katy Perry concert because I missed that first one. Never went to that first one, which looked fucking great at Newcastle Entertainment Center. She actually did that one, the Teenage dream Tour whatever it was called California Dreams Tour, that was a Newcastle Entertainment Center and I didn't go, And I'm still sad about it because it definitely was her best and one of her best. It's up there on the same realm as Afrodie, if you know, you know, anyway, I could talk about it forever, but basically, Katie Perry, it was good. I had fun. But I do think that the online commentary around it is warranted. Unfortunately, that's just my opinion. I think it is cringe. It is a bit lame, It was a bit of a mess, and it was giving Boomera energy at times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 2: See you next Tuesday.