Speaker 1: Hello, welcome to the Daily Telegraphon a podcast on Brent Red joined BBKM whalleyf and said, we could do Wow, what a weekend. How do you how do we sum this up? That we've got to start with all the drama and yesterday there was loads and loads of drama if you just catch you up. And the Roosters have been decimated, that lost Seam Walker, a cl gone for the year, Brandon Smith a cl gone for the year. Victor Radley's fractioned scapular and I'm very unlikely to plague in this year. I'd imagine almost I don't know what the deal is with a fractured scapital. A bit we saw brand his position in his position almost impossible. So devastating day if you're a Rooster's fan. Devastating day if you Rooster's official and player. What did you make of it watching it unfold?
Speaker 2: It was just it was just one thing after the other. Like it was bad enough that you know, to lose Sam Walker for an ac LA, especially with all the talk around Sam Walker about his future about you know he is, you know, probably a key guy in their spine if they are really going to challenge the likes of Penrith and the storm for the title and just and he's had such a good year, you know, and he has overcome quite a bit to get to where he is now. So it was really sort of sad to see him carried off the field. And then Brandon Smith goes down, and then you know, Victor Radley goes down, and you're thinking, and the f three important guys to what they're trying to do this year, and you're thinking, you know, the Roosters do have a decent rust and they do have some depth in those positions. They can cover those positions, but you think without those three guys, can they get the job done? And now it's looking less likely.
Speaker 1: Well, it's interesting, right because you're right, they've got depth. I mean they've got covered for Brandon with Connor Watson and potentially Santa Smith. They're covered with Sammy Walkie can move blokes around. Victor's a huge loss role because he's protected, saying, well, he's moved to the edge is you and been amazing. So for me it's if you lost one, maybe you could cover the crap, but losing makes it almost impossible.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And they've dealt his injuries all year this year, haven't they. They've just been in and out, chopping and changing all years. So yeah, it makes it really difficult, especially coming into this point of the year when everyone's kind of needs to be at their best.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we saw yesterday how much it affected them too, right, just even without a like a noted goal kicker at the end there, Poor Luke Kerey has kicked four goals in his career is kind of tasked with that.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 1: What do you do? Only if your Robbo put yourself in Robbo's shoes for a moment. You've got options, right, and take that half back. You can move Luke cured half and play you can put san In Smith at halfback, right, but you can maybe move Joey Marley to six and because Joe S'll be back this week, and play Luke Carey at halfback. I think they are the two obvious options.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's it for me, I think, yeah.
Speaker 1: Especially coach Robbie, which way are you going?
Speaker 2: What do you mean so Luke Kurrier the Yeah, yeah, I mean so that would potentially work. I mean kinda Watson is another option, But then you almost think, no, do you leave him at nine, so he can also provide a bit of cover, you know, in that lock position Satate Smith. You know, he's the guy that they've sort of earmarked as the future in the halves potentially, But then you also think, you know, it is a big role to step in and to sort of you know, and he probably wouldn't be charged with taking on the side. I think that has to fall on the key in it. But it is a huge ass to ask of him. So look, I don't I don't mind the Joey Manu shout because they do have plenty of depth at the moment in the outside backs, like Robert's Okay, I will we will get that right. We might have to get that right this week. Yeah, But as in if they do go with Manu in the halves, but then it's it's that discussion of they weakening their outside backs for cover when they've got somebody like sand and Smith. He is a playmaker. So they do have options. But I don't know, I think if you're looking for experience, you probably go with Joey marn who. If you don't want to disrupt the outside backs too much, you go with sand and Smith, And then you know, They've got cover in the back row with you know, people like Stilly Chupreneur, you know who can come into Wong, So they have options. It's just it's the caliber of player that they've lost at the worst possible time that's really going to hurt them.
Speaker 1: I know the obvious one creates less disruption. They've ear marked him long term. But I reckon Joey man who has been a bit down this year, and I think he's been as I know, it's the injuries. I think he's been as dominants previous years. And I reckon, obviously he's leaving at the end of the year. If you give him the six years in say Joey, take us, take us to the end. I reckon, you might get the best out of Joey. Joey marn who again, and I reckon the more times Joey's got his hands on the ball, I just think the more dangerous they are.
Speaker 3: That's what I think too. Just with a guy like that, I think you're right he hasn't been as dominant. No, And I think, yeah, I think you're right there, But you're just giving a guy like that more time with the more control over a game. I think he's only going to be a good thing.
Speaker 1: I think the other is you've got is you take see him such a dominant player in that team, you take him out, and I think you've got to change that. You've almost got to change completely the way you play, right, Well, that's the h a completely different player.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well that's the thing about like about having johny Manhu there is obviously they would not have done any reps during the pre or not any but I'm likely to have done reps during the preseason where Sat and Smith is probably more familiar with you know, what that game plan would look like with those guys in the halfs. So yeah, I don't know. And it's is it too like is it too far gone in the season to be thinking about, you.
Speaker 1: Know, overhauling everything. Yeah, Robbo is a smart blake, and you know.
Speaker 3: They going to have to figure a lot.
Speaker 1: Of experienced players too. I reckon be able to do it. It'll be easier at a club like that where you've got a lot of guys have been together a long time, and they've been around the game a long time. They're pretty they could pick things up pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: I imagine the thing is and like, obviously they have a title to in now, but these are twelve months injury potentially, So what do they do then, Like, I know they've got you know, like you said, Sat and Smith in chad Town's end, but you know, do they have to now all of a sudden maybe look outside?
Speaker 1: You know, with problem is if you go and buy someone outside and Sammy Walker comes back in May next year and you've got chat and reserve as well, if you go and buy someone, then that's another body you don't necessarily need. Only one year sand back in April a potentially that might take a little while to get back in the stripe. But you know, I don't think you want to buy someone to bring in. I don't think anyone really of any quality would come for knowing they're there for four months and then yeah, go on anyway, So you know, I think the issue for them is now, right, I think next year takes care of itself because they've got enough. It's simply a lot of players going at the end of the year. Actually, you know, the last thing that could really afford to do is lose two bucks to ICLs, because there's a lot of change coming at that club. But I'm the big challenge for them is now and how they get through now. I mean it is kind of what's in the logical hooker I imagine, I would.
Speaker 2: Imagine, Yeah, you think. So they've got Zach to the clay as well in and around there. So I mean initially he moved to halves and then he moved to hooker when when Brad and Smith went down. So yeah, I mean, and Sad and Smith is probably an option at hooker as well, if they do decide to go to Joey Marnu, if they want to reshuffle you know, the middle and then back row stocks to have kind of Watson playing at thirteen, which is a role that he said he sort of enjoyed a lot more, which he took over when Victor Radley you know, went to an edge. So they do have options. So it's just like you said, it's like putting all the pieces of the puzzle together. Now.
Speaker 1: The other big issue to commit to this game was the we love a Staus and Rogul league. We love them. This is a good one. Eliot Whitehead, the Trent Robinson. Elliott Whitehead made the tackle on Brandon Smith as a resulted in him suffering an acl tair. He's been charged this morning with Grade three dangerous contacts a hip drop. It's his fourth hip drop charge in the past three years, but the first one he's been suspended for. All the other has been Grade one chargers. He's looking at three to four matches now, Elliot, what it's gone. At the end of the year, He's going to England's going to Super League, so he's probably played his last game for Camber by the looks of it. But Elliott went up to Robbo after the game and said, look, how's Brandon. I want to apologize and let's hear this is Trent Robinson's version of what happened next.
Speaker 4: He came up and just wanted to ask how Brandon was. And I just sort of said, it's too many times. You know, the hip drop's been pretty common in his game for a long time, and I just said, it's too many times. You know, it's cost us a player.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 4: He said it was an accident, and I just said, look, you've done it too many times. That was it wasn't Elliot too many drums. Yeah, it's been a lot in his career, you know, so yeah, it's been pretty common if you go and have a look, it's not you know, I like Elliott, you know, I've watched him since he was in Bradford and Catalans and you know, but it's been pretty common and that that was what I said. I know he's opened it up here, which is why we're talking about it. And I wouldn't usually want to talk to you guys about it, but he opened it up and it's been really common in his game his whole career. So yeah, but he just in.
Speaker 1: The next running for the finals. How did you see the next few weeks? You believe those injuries half back see that as the experience.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's up to men CAIRI and I leaves the group to lead the way there. But as Robo said, throughout you have done the maiden door for us. I feel like depth in our squad is really strong and we've showing that throughout.
Speaker 2: The guys have been.
Speaker 1: Well there you go. That's Robo and look he was I've got to say he's really magnanimous about camera. Before that said we said they defend a great great word. You know, he was really he was really good about about Camber and he praised them and then obviously Elliott had already brought it up prior to that, so Robo has been asked about obviously. Look, I don't really like it, you know, I think I think the issue for Robo is and I listened to talk back radio on the way in here this morning, and people raised some really valid points. You know, Robbo's coached Jaba Hargraves, Victor Radley, who in the past have had this morning, so as I said, elliotts had four charges. This is fourth charge in and Robert said his career has had a history of hip drops. Elliot's played the end of a long time. He's had four charges and as I said, three of them weren't even they weren't they were great ones. He wasn't suspended over them. This one's the first one he's been suspended for. Elliott opened opened up the door, I suppose, and Robbi he responded, but I don't know, I don't know to Basically, boths come to apologize and you've told him to go away and then criticize his record. Elliot's leaving the Inner at the end of the year. It's been a great player for Camp, but really low serving for them. And yeah, yeah, he's played the game tough and rough. But yeah, I don't know, you raise the of it.
Speaker 3: It is, so you raised the point about Dad Rea Hargraves and Victor Radley as well. I think that's the thing that doesn't quite sit well with me, like that's these guys. So I had a quick look this morning. So Dad Reuer Hargraves this year has been charged four times for a careless high tackle around thirteen, fifteen, eighteen, twenty five, and in round seven for dangerous contact. And Victor Radley has had two careless high tackle charges and then a dangerous contact charge in round twenty four as well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's and then you can make the same argument that that's obviously part of their game or something, you know that they've been doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Yeah, I don't know. I just it just doesn't sit well with me to point out someone else's record when you know in your own backyard you've got these issues as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't know, because obviously Elliott Whitehead when he spoke, he said, he said what he said, And I don't know whether Robbo had heard it yet because obviously they go in straight after each other, so.
Speaker 3: Maybe must have teed him up about it because it all told him, giving him the heads up, because said, oh, you know, I would normally not say this, but Elliot has already opened it up to.
Speaker 1: You guys, go the handle it better because he left himself open those you know, pam accusations of hypocrisy because he's had guys under his charge who've had long standing records, He've had issues their entire career. Now Elliott, as I said, I can't remember Earliot's been we should look at I'll look a up in the second Eliot, it's been the end of a long time. Four chargers, only one suspension over it, So I think as I said, this is.
Speaker 2: And maybe he thought the four chargers, So a lot of people didn't realize it was the four charges. You got that information this morning because like you, I was listening to talk back on the way in a lot of people did agree with you that, you know, it was a bit hypo critical of Robbo. Maybe he could have handled it better. And I think a lot of people were surprised because Robot is so articulate that he actually it felt. I mean, he says it wasn't personal, but you know, when a guy is about to finish up quite he could say, and illustrious, you know, and league career in general, somebody has played, you know, hundreds of games, four hundred games.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he doesn't say anything that he doesn't yet want to say. You know, he knows the wealthy impact of his words, and he chooses his words pretty carefully. I think.
Speaker 1: So that's he played. He's played nine seasons and fortune four hip drop charges as I said, one band so to say his habitual defend offender. Yeah, it's a bit over the top for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is which is fair enough, you.
Speaker 1: Know, but but you've got to be like as I said, he was quite magnanimous earlier in that about Cambra. We didn't see that, but he spoke really glowingly about Canberra and and then to then sort of lose that, to then go in that direction with Elliott, Yeah, I just think he could handle it better. And he's normally Robbo's normally, as you said, he actually thinks about what he says. Very intelligent guy, very smart, very clever, and he thinks about what he says in those sort of environments. So you know, it's got a little bit of the whiff of calculation. About it.
Speaker 2: I was just going to say, but just on that, like obviously the injuries happened at that point, maybe they did or didn't know that it was going to be an A c L. He knows he's been put on report. He you know, not to say that he's trying to put the message out there, but you know, sending that message to the Matter View committee. You know, this guy has a record. It's left you know, one of our key players with the A C L injury and and you know this morning it's a grade three you know, three week ban and he really he can only play if he gets it downgraded to a grade one at the judiciary. So maybe there was an element of that as well. You know.
Speaker 3: The thing is is I think it for someone like Elliott Whitehead to kind of go up and own his mistake though and to want to say, look, you know, I apologize. I think that is pretty classy. Like I feel like that's big of him as a person. And I'm sure like he's not any interaction I've had with him, I'm sure you guys are the same. Like he's just a genuine kind of fella. Like yeah, like he's a vindictive guy. He wouldn't he was a ten game, like, he did some pretty crazy things in that game.
Speaker 2: That's not the only charge reading from he's Is he the only person on the mattribute.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of charges that charge. You got charge for a little kickout it and kicking. I don't think you got him for that. He was trying to kick the ball, he didn't get Did he even kick? He didn't kick, So you can't pedal. It is enough for me. A warning on that one is the drop. It's ugly and but you know, hip drops. I don't think anyone ever deliberately hip drops someone. I don't think these are.
Speaker 2: Always but it has crept into our games. It's like a lazy and there's so many We had this discussion a couple of weeks ago about head high tackles. Right, there's so many reasons why tackles go wrong. But you know, but.
Speaker 1: Roberts just said it was part of his game that suggested the thing he does, like that's an insinuation he does that.
Speaker 3: Deliberately, or that he doesn't care enough to get.
Speaker 1: That's over the top. Yeah, so I know you're right. Puts some men's pressure on the Match Review committee when they's.
Speaker 2: Now that I think about it, you know that might have more to do. Obviously, he was just like Sam Walker. He's just like Victor A Lee as well, so he's emotional, I guess, even though he's seemed stoic. But the more I think about it, I'm like, yeah, maybe it was like you said, quite a bit calculated, but not neces necessarily having a personal attack at Whitehead, but more trying to influence the result of the of the match review.
Speaker 1: Comnit, let's cut the chase. Roostersn't there? I know, as we said, no Smith, no Walker, no Radley, can they win it? Give them a chance?
Speaker 2: I would say no now, but considering I mean, Tommy Turbo got injured on the weekend Pappenhausen, a small injury, like who knows what this last round is going to toss up. So I think they've gone into second favorites before injuries we've drifted out again.
Speaker 3: So they're in third now. That's what I was just looking at the point, so where they might finish up?
Speaker 1: So they're other big issue now is they will play likely Penrith in the Yeah, the finals. I think they've lost their last nine against Penrith, all true. Then if they lose, that flips from the other side of the drawer, which means so probably if they get through the prelim, they'll probably play Melbourne. They've lost ten of their past eleven against Melbourne, so the record was Pith Melbourne's diabolical. And now they've got no Walk and no Smith, no Radley. I think I think you've got to put a line through them.
Speaker 3: I think so too. Yeah, yeah, I think these injuries, which is not to overcome.
Speaker 2: Which is you know, disappointing in a way, is you know, I still believe that the premiere is either going to be the Storm or Penrith. And with the Rooster sort of they had found a bit of form scoring points. You think, okay, can they shake up the final series a little bit, and then now all of a sudden they've got three major injuries and it's back to two horse race at this point. I mean, do you think anybody outside of you know who we had Penrod Rooster's Storm can win the title?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think so too.
Speaker 2: I think that's what I mean. Yea, yah, absolutely, I don't think I can.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to one of the teams who won't be in the finals. The Broncos. It's my mighty Broncos, not so mighty. That was embarrassing. On the weekend. The Dolphins were really good, but the Broncos were just terrible, just terrible. What he's doing, well, they got a lot of they had a lot of injuries all year. Yeah, I know, it's not it's not good enough. Even with injuries. You shouldn't play like this. I mean, they just got carved apart by the Dolphins. And Kevy is obviously coming off a Grand Final last year. He's coming out he is going to be under so much pressure to start next year, Kevy walters because you know, this is a club that should be playing finals football.
Speaker 2: If they missed the finals again, do you think she's gone?
Speaker 1: I think if they don't start next year, well, Kevy's in all sorts, all sorts of trouble. Yeah, kevys. The biggest thing, Kevy's got his favorites.
Speaker 3: That very popular.
Speaker 1: He's very popular out there, especially with the former players.
Speaker 2: The biggest thing is that the roster that he has, Yeah, he's actually got you know.
Speaker 3: Injuries, have a bit of a look at that. So they have Adam Reynolds, so Adam Reynolds is coming into like that's his last year at the club. He'll be thirty five midway through next year as well, so then and he was dealt with so many injuries this year too, so he struggled a little bit and obviously has not returned to his best. And then we have Reese Welsh as well, who they've put you know, so much investment into Resolve which will likely cost yeah, but will likely cost them Selwyn Cobo or Catny Stags as well. It's you know, those question marks start to come up about the roster now when then when they're not performing, when.
Speaker 1: He's still got a roster that next year, it's the top four team for me.
Speaker 2: It should it shouldn't matter how you know, liked Kevys or you know who has his back up there, like he should be judged by what he can do with that roster because it is a good roster. And yes, there have been injuries, but you know Penrith have had injuries, you know, big injuries to people like Nathan Clearing. You know, the rooster is now going to be tested and you know the Storm have had injuries. Camera must have been out for a period Papen has been out for a period, so like you could say injuries, but yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: If you're a good team. If you're good, you know, you can deal with those things. But even like in the press conference the other night, he kind of didn't really have an answer for it, and then he kind of said, we said something like we lost four players out of our Grand Final team last year, so.
Speaker 2: Every year, and that was.
Speaker 1: Their choice they let go. They could have made him stay if they wanted to, but they let him go to the Warriors. So you know, I just think the flip side of that, this is the Dolphins. They were unbelievable and what a game this week. Now we've got Dolphins v. In Newcastle. I was in Newcastle yesterday. Carl and Poon are ridiculously good for Newcastle When he's on song, they're a very very good football team.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, be up there on Sunday as well.
Speaker 2: Going out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got to do sideline for an row.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, thirty thousand there before the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was brilliant, but he can't do it by himself, no, so he needs other people around him as well to be brilliant. To be honest, I didn't pick it. I thought the Dragons were going to steal that top eight spot. But you know, if about there were Broncos being diabolical, the Dragons were even more diabolical. But yeah, I mean, I think Felice Cafusi got much on the weekend is as well. So that's a big loss for them in that game. But I think they're pretty I can't split them. I think that, you know, like Wayne Bennett made all these changes and everyone went, he's he He's okay. You know, like Jacob riis center all season, he moves him heah katoa hammer into the centers and tray for at fullback and you're thinking Wall.
Speaker 1: It's intriguing subplots in this game.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, so Wayne Bennett returning to Newcastle, he loves to beat his old sides. That's like one of the great thrills of his life. And then it's old boys Day as well fire too, so is a huge day.
Speaker 1: They tried to sign Calum Pomer a couple of years ago. Christian Wolf used to be on the Knights coaching staff and Shan O'Sullivan's.
Speaker 3: Interim coach for a little while.
Speaker 1: I was and Shaun O'Sullivan. His father Sullivan built the Dolphins, has now gone to move to Newcastle about a month ago to rebuild the Knights. So lots of intriguing little plots with it all. But you know, I think if look, it's interesting You've got two players who are in Carl and Ponger and the Hammer for the Dolphins, who can just turn a game on its head, and they're sort of the two keys from me. I mean, if whoever, whoever comes out on top of that battle will probably win the football game for their football team. Because as I said, Caylen was he was on from the start. You know, some days Calen sort of you can drift through a game, but he was on from the very start. Yesterday they just could. They just couldn't get near him.
Speaker 3: That's one of the great SARTs, isn't it When he good, Just when he's just floating around and he just with this play, Look, he just keeps following, keeps it alive.
Speaker 2: Do you think do you think Wayne Bennett will keep the same side.
Speaker 1: We loved Cody nic Aarma and Cody be back this week, so but you know it work with them. How can you change it? After what they did the way they're playing, and Cody can come off the bench and players at fourteen, I don't know. I can't see how you can change that team after the way they played that was bizarre. It looked like he'd hurt himself there, Carlen, but he was okay or something. You think of nights or Dolphins nights.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel like it's going to be a say that with my heart, okay as a night.
Speaker 2: So my heart says nights, but my head says dolphins. Can I go that way?
Speaker 1: Can you can do that way?
Speaker 2: You can.
Speaker 1: Knights at home? As I said, to be thirty th at home. They get back this week. There's someone else got my cat of the top of my head, there's another one coming back as well, So they get a couple back this week. They'll be just about full strength.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: The only bloke that were missing Jacob Seffi. So the other intriguing subplot in that game is Daniel Sofferti, who then talks with the Dolphins about going the next year and he'll be playing against them this weekend. Yeah, there's lots of little triggy something just on that you touched on the Dragons who were in the box going into the weekend and then completely ppitulated what.
Speaker 2: Is doing that was?
Speaker 1: And then while I was playing golf and I've gone on after the game, and when my mate said to me, Mate, I look at the score game it was forty four. It's like an old rugby game, Holden Cup game.
Speaker 3: What did they score like thirty something points in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Something ridiculous like that. But I mean the scoreboard does not in any way reflect the Dragon's effort in that game. Like that's probably their worst season to put four years, and they have been disappointing in other big games where they sort of really needed to win, but with everything on the line against and you know, Power had been that sort of prickly team for some sides, you know, because they are a good team, but they should have known that. Yeah, and they just the energy there was went there, the enthusiasm weren't there, and it was just it was I just can't explain it's fun.
Speaker 1: I was filthy afterwards.
Speaker 2: I was feelthy afterwards, and rightly so you know, I wrote about this today.
Speaker 3: He's little bit of a spoke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I mean, look, another thing I'm saying about this is normally the Dragons bounced back after a loss, so obviously they lost the week before against Connulla. Again again that they should have been up for the energy that and maybe they up until this point had overachieved and they're just sapped in terms of you know, energy levels. But yeah, there was a moment that was captured in the sheds where you know, obviously Flanna was quite disappointed and we saw even in the press that he walked out of the press I saying, look, I'm sorry, I apologize, but I'm just can't do this right now. And it was just a moment where he was obviously you know, pointing the finger a little bit, just showing I guess his displeasure. And you know, Ben Hunt didn't have a good game, and he probably hasn't had a good couple of weeks and it just didn't look good. And we all know that Ben Hunt has been slightly noncommittal in recent times over over his future the Dragons, and not to suggest that somehow, you know, means that that relationship is crumbled, but his relationship with the club is quite tenuous. So yeah, it's an interesting times for the Dragons, like they could have been playing finals and they you know, they bottled two opportunities two weeks in the row. And I think that's what's probably really pissed Flannel off more than anything, the fact that they just didn't respond after the Cronulla loss and.
Speaker 3: The future has been in their own hands.
Speaker 2: They have just each time let it slip.
Speaker 3: I will say, though, incredibly frustrating.
Speaker 2: I think we all had them as wooden spooners, So ninth or ninth finish, maybe they might finish. You know, it's not a final series in his first year, but they are one of the better improving teams in the competition. And they've got some you know, Damien Cook coming next year of our homes potentially r CG or you know, one of the CEPHETI so you know, and he has managed to get the best out of the likes of Sewer and Michiana and Sully and the rest of it. So it's not dire, but it is disappointing.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you It's done a great coaching job this season, although and again they had a terrible setback on the weekend was the Bulldogs. Camon Sirealdo. We spoke about the Dogs, I mean pre season, early in the year. Always spoke about the Dogs was two things. Yea, they lacked the half and they lacked medals that were too small. And most of the year they've covered that really well. I mean, their forward has been unbelievable. But you know what, Mainly absolutely trampled them the other night and Matt Lodge and Taniela Piseca in the only twenty minutes just threw them.
Speaker 3: It was three huge bodies. Really, there's nothing really you can do to make up for that.
Speaker 4: Is there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I think I mean, I don't know statistically off the top of my head, but Manly do have one of the bigger forward packs, right. So it was always that sort of size, the agility thing that has worked so well for the Bulldogs up until this was going to be tested, and so was you know, it was DC ever Sexton, you know, and even Sero admitted himself that, you know, Cherry Evans was part of the difference in the way he controlled that game and they just didn't have have that. So I spoke to one.
Speaker 1: Of the players after the game, one of the many players, and he said, a good big man will always be a good small man.
Speaker 3: Especially if you lers and had a bit of a role. If you let him get ahead Sea, it's really hard to catch up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he came to a coss from me only obviously with Tommy and Jason. Jason subs well, it looks like Tommy will be right the same for around one of the finals. Obviously he can play. It's an ac joint. You can play with the needle in that. Obviously you play a little bit of pain. But Tommy seeing.
Speaker 2: As as well for Canterbury, he finished the game. Yeah, I think he's managing some sort of bruising swelling.
Speaker 1: Look he looks at those and all sorts. He's highly unlikely by the sounds of it, to play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this year, from what I heard this morning, best case scenario is like week two of the finals. But that is absolutely the best case scenario. They're still sort of trying to determine whether or not surgery is required, and obviously then he's done so.
Speaker 1: Sets up a huge game. Actually this week potentially there's mainly Bulldogs play North Queensland and the winner of that game is guaranteed our own final, and the loser he's got to wait to see what happens with the mount and Cronulla Sunday, So if the loser, Manly could potentially leap from them for a home final. So it's set up a great game between the Cowboys and Bulldogs this week. Who you got You've got that Cowboys Dogs Stown's no, no, it's.
Speaker 2: A it's a cool you think no Matt Burden as well? I think he found a potentially no Fox, no Brons and Cherry.
Speaker 1: I'll go Bulldogs, Bulldogs? What are you thinking?
Speaker 3: I go Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Okay, I might go to the Cowboys as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Manly Cronella, I think Manly Tommy Tommy.
Speaker 1: That hurts something. That game has already sold out Mainlyy have sold out eight of their ten games a year at full pains.
Speaker 3: Incredible.
Speaker 1: They need grand on the northern beaches. Can we get moving on that pip and some money?
Speaker 2: Can you find some an election friends? Electionaire?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean we're only Why do you think goes.
Speaker 1: Into He looks cooler as well. Toler cool has been played there and been really good at the end of last year, and he's back back in from back to full fitness. Have plenty of options. That's Friday, that's a Sunday game. Sunday too. In the Bulldogs game too manly. Actually we almost moved. They're talking about spoon ball Campbelltown Stadium, Tigers v.
Speaker 2: That's going to be at six pm. Because of the six pm. Might do a bit, but there'll be a big crowd. There's so hard to pick because.
Speaker 3: With any confidence.
Speaker 2: But I think let's get the Tigers. They've had such a you know rough yere, there have been some green shoots there are yeah, yeah, I know the kids are. I mean yeah, Heath Mason might play, obviously, Gavin will play, maybe Talon, you know, all those Campbelltown kids's last game for FOS, last game, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Canbletown Stadium.
Speaker 3: But I know something just with the Eels, I just think that even though they've had such a horrible season, that there's like a there would be a pride factor within those players. I think they will do anything just to avoid it. Yeah, so I'm going to go Para.
Speaker 1: I got the Tigers. The Tigers will get the job done. Cameltown all right, Well.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought that? If that happens, the Tigers I think will finish the season with more wins than paramatter, maybe the draws.
Speaker 1: The annimal has been blessed with the drawer the way it's worked out, because everything's almost just round.
Speaker 3: Someone really up yesterday to me the idea of the what was it the wild card round. I don't need the last place in the finals. I don't need it. It's around twenty seven.
Speaker 1: It's been Yeah, there's nearly every game counts for something this yeah, yeah, which is unusual.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now let's move on to what you're watching. What you got from the fans this week? So stuff.
Speaker 3: I have been away for two weeks. So I was over in Europe for two weeks. Life Life, so Portugal and Spain old eally No, we spent a week in Lisbonka from Lisbon.
Speaker 1: He loves it.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. Yeah, absolutely loved it the stinking hot But on the plane back I tried to stay awake the whole time so I could avoid jet lag, which I actually think I've done pretty well. And I watched The Fall Guy. Yeah, I loved it. So it's a movie with Ryan, Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt. It's said in Sydney, and so you can kind of pick out little places that you recognize and things like that. So good.
Speaker 1: Sure I haven't seen this is it's so funny good.
Speaker 3: It's really good. Yeah, so I think you can get it on Amazon Prime at the moment. So it was at the movies not that long ago. So funny, yeah, very well worth a watch.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize it was shutting Sydney.
Speaker 3: Shot in Sydney. Yeah, so they yeah all along Sydney Harbor and things like that. So it's basically about he's a stunt man. He gets in and then they asked him to come back to do this movie that's set in Sydney and he's in love with the girl.
Speaker 1: There's a love stories.
Speaker 3: It's a love story. She's the directors so keen on it. But it's like action. We go yeah, no, so it's action. It's yeah, lots of stunts. It's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I've got the new Mark Wohlberg and the Berry movie. Yeah the Union. Oh I only watched about an hour before I fell asleep. Not to say that I was no recommendation, it was just it was just a late night yeah. Fun. It's not very like deep, you know what I mean. It's just like it's just like an action movie. Yeah, it's just an action movie with two Hollywood stars. I think they're blowing the budget on Halle Berry and Mark Welber because I didn't recognize any other actor those two in it. Spy movie set in London, lots of explosions, car chases.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, my wheelhouse. Okay, I've got I've got The bee Keeper, I think. So I watch this on Fox. I think the other day. Jason Statham, I've always want them. Okay, I want his name, Jason Statham, and I love jose He that makes great movies. Jason Statham action movies. Think too much beating people up and shooting them and stuff. It's a little bit far fetched, I've got to say. Well, so it's called The Beekeeper because the idea is that there's this group of people in society they called beekeepers, and their job is to make sure society is balanced. Right, It's balanced because that's what the bees do for something. They call them beekeepers. He's a beekeeper. So he's just basically a killer this movie. He just kills lots eassin just to make sure society is societies equilibrium. He just he just kills a lot of people and society better.
Speaker 2: So that's literally his job. He has to kill people to keep society.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Beig Keeper. I really like his movie. His movies are great because I'd love.
Speaker 3: To see him in wrong com.
Speaker 1: Has one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's we don't remember.
Speaker 1: That tells you how good it was. He's always blowing up blokes and shooting people.
Speaker 3: Is the movie.
Speaker 1: They are a lot. I like his movies are They're very good. The Mechanics a good one. He did the Mechanics series. They're very good. A big fan of Jason Statham, or Standham or state stand It was the Beekeeper.
Speaker 2: I just googled whether or not he's got wrong com. The first headline that came up with Hollywood needs to give Jason Statham a wrong com. That's twenty four, so somebody wrote that this year.
Speaker 1: Appreciate on what will happened? I'm sure, Yeah, we'll. We'll picture the movie. Producers a lot of script for him.
Speaker 2: We'll put your mind from off season project. But we're doing hard Knocks.
Speaker 1: Hard Knocks obviously a huge weekend this weekend. You'll get the podcast on Thursday and then the footy starts. So enjoyed, folks, Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 5: H