Speaker 1: Hey guys, I am currently on maternity leave, so we thought that we would bring back one of our most explosive hotline episodes to finish off our run of hotlines. This one honestly blew my mind and I thought about this four months after and this episode actually started an all out war in our comment section, with the mum in question actually commenting on our socials.
Speaker 2: It got so wild. But listen to this one. We hope you.
Speaker 1: Enjoy it and I will see you back next week. Welcome back to the Where's Your Head At? Hotline, our new weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all via our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 2: I'm Anna and I'm Matt. Let's jump in goods morning.
Speaker 3: Hello Anna, how are you going today?
Speaker 2: I'm good? How are you going?
Speaker 3: I'm good? I am I'm just you know, I've been going on here everywhere and saying how I'm stop drinking, but fuck me, it gets hard. How good was the weather on the weekend?
Speaker 2: The weather was beautiful.
Speaker 1: We've had a pretty shit summer in Melbourne, Australia, but this weekend we were blessed with the sun finally, and I did peak that you were out on the beers.
Speaker 3: So my mate, one of my best mates, Nick, got his names on me, love him to bits. What do you mean I've got Nick back on my foot?
Speaker 2: You said, you've got your name tattoo.
Speaker 3: He's one of my best mates, love him to bits, used to live with him. It was his birthday, so he wanted to talk to go out. I was a bit headed because you know, I'm not trying to drink his march.
Speaker 2: And your friends are party boy.
Speaker 1: It was like, when I send that out with the boys, I'm like, oh, this is going to go one of two ways. I could be getting a mercy call the next day, being like I'm in a dark place.
Speaker 3: I was, so i'll tell you what I got. Sunday I was pretty good. But we went out went to this new place forgive me, I don't know its name.
Speaker 1: I asked you where it was because it looked stunning. It was like on the water on.
Speaker 3: The docklands, literally in that bit there where your boat was for your birthday. It's acterually in there. It's like a floating like what would you call one of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a floating kind of like bar oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It was unbelievable. Sun was down the vibes are up, so it was hard for me.
Speaker 2: Sun was up, the vibes were up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was hard for me not to It was hard for me not to drink, so I got stuck in.
Speaker 1: It looked like perfection. I asked you what it was. You said it was like a t et or something something.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Yeah, I figure I don't know how to pronounce it, so I was probably not going to touch on its name. But it had a bit of fun there. Then woke up Sunday, went to the Saint Kildo Markets. Have you been there?
Speaker 2: Love the sat Kilda Market.
Speaker 1: What a fun thing to do on a Sunday, very wholesome. Actually got some henna tattoos done there fifty dollars not cheap.
Speaker 2: But did you know that henna tattoos?
Speaker 1: Actually it's obviously like an Indian tradition and they do it like mainly when people get married. And apparently the reason why they do it is because it's actually really calming. Really so like they had this when I went to this Saint Kildo market a few months ago.
Speaker 2: The lady was like telling me, She's like, oh, it's very.
Speaker 1: Soothing, it's calming, it's good for the nervous system, and I was like, sign me, I'll say no more.
Speaker 3: Don't stop stop covering me from.
Speaker 2: Head to tie. I don't know. I think they have some like essential oils in there.
Speaker 1: I think the ingredients are very like soothing, and apparently that's why they give it to the brides because it like relaxes them on their wedding day, because apparently your wedding day is meant to be super stressful, and I think Indian weddings go through multiple days.
Speaker 2: So I was gonna say, Matte, maybe.
Speaker 3: You can well because my story I'm going to tell you from the weekend is very stressful.
Speaker 2: Really went from.
Speaker 3: The same Kildon Markets and we're going to go watch a movie. So I went to the shop. She likes to collect the hard tickets of every movie she goes to. She's got like a stack of them. So I went to buy and I bought them for the screening at whatever time. It was like six point thirty. I did this during the day, so the car parks full. I went to a bit of a shop, got some groceries, got everything. I've been using one of my dad's utes from the office, so you know, save fuel, save money on that save money on my.
Speaker 2: Cut very expensive at the moment, I've gotten.
Speaker 3: To add that my car sitting on the driveway with a flat tire haven't changed yet or two ago. I just haven't been bothered to change it because I've got this car. So I'm driving this one around now, so essentially you don't want to tie. I get so flat that it almost like folds on itself. It's gotten to that point and every day I walk past, I'm just like Nat today. So I've been driving that around. But the key is separate from the central locking, so they're on a key. They're both different. So when I told my family and everyone this, they said, how'd you get into the car? And I said, because the central locking is on a different switch to the actual key that you put in the ignition, like an old school U, one of the old school utes that we have. So I was like, all right. So I got in the car after doing my shopping, central lock sat down. I was looking through my keys and the car key wasn't on there. Fuck, I've had a huge night. I have to get home. I just want to get home, shower, I just want to like, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So this is your Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is my Sunday wholesome morning. And I've driven back on to the shops gone to and I was like, oh my god. I was like, all right, so I've gone, all right, I need to retrace all my steps. So and have you ever tried to retrace your steps after like you've done a full shop, like gone grocery shopping, gone shopping, go on everything.
Speaker 2: Never, thankfully, Well it's fucked, I can imagine.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking on the ground. If anyone saw you walking around, they would have been like, fuck, this guy's in some state. Because I was looking around getting all frantic. I went to colds to my grocery shop, and I was like, all right, where did I start? Where did I go? And I was like you know what, Actually, I was like, that's going to be so dumb doing that. I'm gonna go aisle by aisle and see if I see it. So I've done the whole shop and then I've come to the conclusion. Oh and as I was walking out, one of my ex's mum says a lope to me, because she going on the one from when I was like sixteen eighteen. But I'm still unfriendly turned to her. So we're going day on the escalator and she wanted to have a chat and I'm like, no, no, I need to find this today. Dressing out, got to the car and I was like got back to my car and I was like, you know what. I was like, I don't know where it is. I'm gonna have to call like carkid people who come cut a new key for me. Accepted defeat, And as I hopped in the car to call him, I looked on the ground where my feet were and it was sitting there. So so after all that, it was literally just sitting in the car and I was like, fuck me. I was like, this is this is this is the pit summed up my day. So then I went home, I went to bed, had a knaf and woke up and went watched Violent Nights. So if anyone's seen Violent Night, I recommend watching it. If you currently in the movie, yeah, currently movies. If you're into Christmas movies and violence, it's a good movie. They go together.
Speaker 1: We look, I don't think it's going to be on my list, but I mean each to their own.
Speaker 3: What did you get up to on the weekend? Was yours? As less frantic as much as Sunday was. Did you have a cheer one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, look, on Friday I did something very exciting, which you know, I went wedding dress shopping. So basically, I'm working with a designer to make my wedding dress. So I had my first meeting with him on Friday. So I kind of sat down, I told him about what style of wedding I'm going to have. I kind of showed him some picks from my Pinterest board that I've been screenshotting and saving, and I guess we're going to create a wedding dress together.
Speaker 3: In my ignorance, Yeah, so your weddings I was seeing twenty twenty four, that's what you're aiming for. Yeah, you said a bit early to doing the dress.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're getting a dress made, you need a year really, Yeah, so you need a full year to kind of plan. And obviously I'm going to go back and try on a few wedding dresses to see what shape I like. Because obviously, like I could, like I don't know a specific wedding dress, but it might not look good on me.
Speaker 3: So wouldn't it go out of fashion in a year or something like? It might not be fashionable, might not be well.
Speaker 1: I mean, wedding dresses, you can, they're quite classic and like timeless pieces.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I have to start pre planning this stuff.
Speaker 3: Sorry. Like I said, part of the ignorance, I don't know what goes into planning a wedding dress.
Speaker 2: I think because you're a boy as well, like boys aren't really that.
Speaker 1: Interested in weddings, Like I mean, I've never planned a wedding before. But Michael seems to be just kind of like, yeah, like I'm happy if you're happy kind of vibe. And I feel like that's kind of something that I hear a lot.
Speaker 2: Hello, you've reached.
Speaker 1: Anna, and that we can't get to the phone right now, but please leave us a message on our hot line after the beep. Okay, so this week we are going to be listening to a voice mail. This is a random voicemail that we've got on our hotline from a girl called Maddie. Now I have listened to this, and our producer Alex has listened to this, and this is the wildest voicemail we have ever received.
Speaker 2: So Matt, you are like very excited to hear this.
Speaker 3: I know I am. Yeah, you guys have been talking about this affair bead I said, I'll wait till the actual episode to have a listen.
Speaker 2: I had to hear it. I was like, I need to know what this is about.
Speaker 1: And then I spoke to our producer Alex and we were like, we have to get her on because we just have so many questions for us.
Speaker 2: So we're going to listen to the voicemail, we're going to.
Speaker 1: React to it, and then we're actually going to talk to Maddie. She's coming on the hot line and we're gonna ask all the questions.
Speaker 2: She should know this.
Speaker 1: I'm stressed. I'm stressed for Maddie. I'm like secondhand angry for her. So I think we should listen.
Speaker 2: Hi, Matt Nana.
Speaker 4: My name's Maddie and this is my crazy life story. So six years ago, I was eighteen and I met this guy. He was twenty seven, so a little bit of an age gap, but we fell in love instantly. Everything moved really quickly. We got pregnant with our first daughter three months in fast forward.
Speaker 5: A year after that.
Speaker 4: We got married and got pregnant with our second daughter, and then a few months after that we got pregnant with our third daughter. And then late last year, November twenty twenty one, I had our third daughter and we'd been together for five years. Our daughter was three weeks old. We just moved into a house together, a new house together, and I got a message from one of my girlfriends saying that she had found out my husband had been cheating on me with my mum. That they had been having an affair since before our second daughter was born, and it continued until halfway through my pregnancy with.
Speaker 5: My third daughter, so i'd been going on for about a year and a half.
Speaker 4: As you can believe, that was shocked me. I was obviously just had a newborn baby. I had a three year old and a one year old. I was so confused, shocked, every emotion under the sun. This is obviously a short story, but a few days later the truth did come out and my husband ended up admitting it.
Speaker 5: Ex husband.
Speaker 4: And I haven't had communication with my mom since then. We had one phone call where she admitted it, but never apologized.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 4: And now fast forward a year, a single mom to three little babies, and it's honestly been the biggest blessing in my life. I've met an amazing new guy who's just taken on the role of a father figure to my girls, like amazingly. But yeah, that's my crazy story, and no one ever believes me when I tell them, so it's sort of like an icebreaker conversation starter that me and my sister like to laugh about now that obviously, looking back, it's very traumatizing.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, that's my crazy story.
Speaker 3: So we'll get Maddie on because I've got a thousand questions.
Speaker 1: Welln't that the wildest story you've ever heard in your whole life?
Speaker 3: Well, Anna, what would you do if you found out Anne, Marie and Michael.
Speaker 2: Were I would fucking order a hit on both of them.
Speaker 1: That would be I'm pissed off from Maddie, Like what the fuck?
Speaker 3: I just have so many questions, like how did they first meet the mom and the they're like.
Speaker 2: Well, probably because she was, Like this is what.
Speaker 3: Was their sexual chemistry? You're reackon from the start.
Speaker 1: That is just so nuts, Like who what type of mother is hooking up with their daughter's.
Speaker 2: Husband when they have three kids? So like the kids's grandma is hooking up with the dad. It's just not right, that's fucked up.
Speaker 3: I want to speak to her and find out.
Speaker 1: Well we are, we're about to speak to her, but like, fuck, I'm so glad number one that it's been a happy ending for her, because geez, that is hard to get over, and like she's probably overcome it because she has three daughters that she has to worry about.
Speaker 3: Think about it. You meant to trust your husband and your mom more than anyone, and then they've both done the dirty on you, so you've had to see those both those relationships end at once, and they've both like taken your trust away from you. So like I would find it really hard to trust anyone after that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I find it hard to trust anyone on a good day, never mind after that, I'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, I don't even bother try actually fucked over by both your mum and your husband.
Speaker 1: Like she must have been like leaving her kids with the grandma and her husband.
Speaker 2: They must have been like together.
Speaker 3: Or even worse, the kids are left with her and then the husband's going to the mum's house.
Speaker 2: It's just our poor Maddie. We have to talk to her. Shall we get her on the phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it. Hey Maddie, Hi, Hey Maddie. Welcome to the show. Thank you for jumping on and explaining the rest of this wild story that we just listened to.
Speaker 5: You're welcome. Pretty crazy, very crazy.
Speaker 1: This is the craziest hotline story we've ever received, and we are just full of so many questions. Firstly, we want to say sorry that you've had to go through such a wild, wild experience that's like crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's pretty fuck up, but it's a year on now, so I feel like it's easy to talk about and I'm doing so well.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's clear that you've found another guy and he's taken on the role as the father and doing well. That's good to hear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he's amazing.
Speaker 1: We're so glad that there is a happy ending out of all of this for you, and we're really glad that you met him. But can you just take us back to that day when your friend called you and you found out that your mom and your husband were having an affair behind your back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So we just moved into a new house. So I just had our third daughter, So she was two weeks old, and I got a message from my friend saying can you come to my house? And I was like no, Like, I've got three little kids, Like it's not that easy to just pack up the car and bring them with me, yea, So like just call me, and she's like, I really need to tell you. Like it went back and forth a little bit, so it's like just call me, like I'll go to the bathroom. And I sort of had like a gut feeling, like my heart just sank. And then she said to me that she had all these screenshots of him messaging her mom and explaining the whole affair to her mom what they'd been doing.
Speaker 3: He was sending to your friend's mum.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he had been messaging my friend's mum I think maybe trying to persuade her to have an affair with him, and then going into the details with her about where they would do it, what had been going on, And she had secretly been taking photos of all these messages and snapchat and it had been going on for quite a few months before I knew. So then, yeah, she showed me all of that everything. Her mum came to me and explained everything, And of course I went to my partner at the time and said, like, what is this and he was like, I don't know, It's not me blah. Blah blah, And of course I knew it was him. His name was written all over it, it was his snapchat everything. So yeah, that's pretty much I found out. And then it was just turmoil from there. I rang my dad because my mom and dad were still together. They still are together actually, and I had said, I'm coming over. I've got the three kids, Like obviously, I was really upset. Showed him everything. He tried to wring my mum and she wouldn't ant. She finally answered and he had said, look, I've found out this. You need to come home. And she took off and we didn't speak to her for two days, and then she eventually came back. I had one phone call with her, a big argument, and that was kid. I haven't spoken to her or seen her since, and that was a year ago. And yeah, that's sort of the gist of the story.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, were you in disbelief hearing this like that just seems like the craziest, most absurd story ever. Are we kind of like, yeah, my mum has this in her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I sort of now looking back and speaking to my dad a lot, my mum had had affairs when we were kids, or my dad so I should have, in hindsight maybe expected it from her. But in the months leading up to it, like as sick as it like it feels to say this, I sort of had a gut feeling like I knew something was going on. There was just times when they would be together and no one else was there, and like they would do like changeover from looking after my kids when I was working, And yet there was sort of, I don't know, just a gut feeling that I knew something was going on. But obviously it sounds so fucked to even think that, So I just thought I was crazy and like a super jealous like wife. But yeah, my gut like knew the whole time.
Speaker 2: Fuck a woman's intuition.
Speaker 1: We always say it, but you always have to listen to it, because if something's like telling you something's wrong, it's normally right.
Speaker 3: Just how did they Do you know any details of how it started? When?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, my husband pretty much told me all of it and said that it sort of just started with flirting and they would snutchat and things like that, and then one day they kissed, and then the next time they saw each other, like they would do changeover for looking after my kids when my husband would leave for work and I was working the whole day, so they would like had sex once and then it just sort of continued and they would speak about it, and because it happened like every couple of weeks or every month or so, and there was one time that I thought I'd caught them. I got home. I was here at my parents' house, and my mum walked in the door from work, and then my husband came in like a minute later, and they didn't say hello to each other, which is really strange. Normally, when they see each other, like for the first time, we would all say hello. So that was sort of like alarm bells. And my gut was already like telling me something was going on. And then we got home and our bedroom blinds were shot and I always leave them open, like I used to always have to my husband about shutting the blinds like when it's hot, and they were down, and that was just like my gut was just feeling terrible, like I knew something was going on. So then I confronted him about it, and I actually messaged my mom saying, did you come to my house after work? And she said, yeah, I did. But then I like knew you guys weren't there. So I left and then she had snapchatted my husband and I had his phone, and she said, Maddie just asked me if I went to your house, if she asked you anything, tell her this is what happened. Oh so so fuck your friend even told you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So this was July last year. So I just fallen pregnant with my third daughter. And then that came out and my husband said to me that they just kissed, like eventually i'd gotten out, but I'm like, I know something's going on. You need to tell me. And he said, we just kissed and that was that. And then so I knew about that, and I was like ten weeks pregnant, and obviously I was like trying to I don't know. I look back and think, why did I try and work it out? But I was trying to work it out for the sake of the kids. So I was like, maybe it just was a mistake. They were both reassuring me that it was nothing. It was a tiny peck, that was all that happened. Yeah, and then I didn't find out the whole story till yees six months later.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, are you poor thing? That is just I just can't even imagine.
Speaker 1: How do you trust your current partner after going through that level of deceit from them?
Speaker 3: I did say, that's yeah, your mom and your husband and your husband you mean to put a lot of trust in and invest in and they do you dirty, Like, how can you come back and trust anyone after that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like I had those worries a lot, But I don't know if it's just because the guy that I'm with is like so great. But I honestly thought I would be a lot worse than what I am, but he is just like we have really great communication, so that I think that's the main thing. Like I don't feel like he's hiding anything from me. We talk about everything, and just from the get go I've got like a complete different vibe of him than what I got off my husband.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so happy for you far out.
Speaker 3: So you said your dad and your mom are still together.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they're still together. Sorry, my daughter's staying on the door in that my grandson. Yeah, they're still together. So that's obviously caused a lot of dramas between my dad and I because I just can't believe he would stay with her, But I've voiced all this to him, and at the end of the day, like it's his decision. He has to live with her all the time, and as long as it doesn't come between our relationship or he's trying to force me to see her or anything like that, Like I just try to keep it cool.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So you've not seen your mom since this happened, but your dad is very much still in your life, is that correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, I see him all the time.
Speaker 1: And then what about your ex husband? How often, if at all?
Speaker 5: He sees our kids every second weekend, so normally I'll see him at like changeovers for that. And obviously in the beginning it was really hard, like I hated him for a long time, but now I've sort of just let it go and just trying to copare and as well as we can for the sake of our girls, because it does make such a difference to their behavior and all those sorts of things if we are getting along. So yeah, we even just had our daughter's youngest son's first birthday, which we haven't been together her whole life pretty much, and he came for the party. His family came for the party, so yeah, yeah, we're really trying hard to co parent together and put my own feelings aside and put the girls first.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming your mum wasn't at that party.
Speaker 5: Definitely not.
Speaker 2: Maddie.
Speaker 1: You are a stronger person than I am, Like I am looking up to you so much right now for your strength for your kids, because like I just I don't know if I would have it in.
Speaker 2: Me to do that. No, I almost I can't wrap my head around it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you'll tell your daughters what's happened when they grow up?
Speaker 5: I do think about this a lot because even now, my oldest daughter, she's only four, but we had a massive like my mum was a massive part of our lives. We would see her every day and especially my girls' lives. So it has been the adjustment to especially my oldest like not seeing her and she does ask questions like where's Nana and whatever, and I just try to play it off. But I think it will come a time when they ask me about it, because they're not a part of her life, but they see my dad, and I think I'm just gonna have to be honest with them, And you know, their dad made a massive mistake. I don't really want to turn them on their dad, but when they're old enough, that'll be up to them to make that decision, and he'll have a lot of explaining to do to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah fuck yeah.
Speaker 3: Is he Do you know about he's dating anyone? Now?
Speaker 5: I haven't really heard. He tells me a few like you're seeing girls or whatever, but then tries to flirt with me when I see him, So I don't really know. But I don't feel jealous or anything like that, like I feel sorry for whoever's going to be with him.
Speaker 3: Well, he said he was hitting on your friend's mum as well. Does he have like a fetish for mums or something?
Speaker 5: I think so he must have like a mum fetish because they're all like fifty years old and he's thirty and I'm a lot younger than him, So I don't know. He must have a thing for older women. I think he just has a lot of insecurities and needs to be wanted and needs attention all the time. So obviously that and the thrill of doing it behind everyone's back was enough for them. Your poor dad, Yeah, he is the best, that's honestly why. I just don't know why he puts up with it because he could find like the most amazing woman and he's like such a beautiful person. But I don't know that's up to him.
Speaker 2: Has your mom tried to reach out to you?
Speaker 1: Obviously you had that one call, But has she tried to like message you or call you at all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she messaged me a lot in the beginning before I had blocked her, and then after we had our big fight. I had blocked her because it was just like too much. I was trying to deal with the kids and husband's side of it. I felt like her side of it just needs to take a step back. And obviously having a newborn baby, like my head was consumed with that. So yeah, she hadn't contacted me because I had blocked her. But then she'll randomly like photos that I've been tagged in on Instagram or like it was my birthday a few weeks ago and she sent me a bunch of flowers just saying I miss you and I love you.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, ever accept her apology and rekindle something or you think that's just dead in the water.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think think it's gone. Like obviously, some days I miss having my mum and we were so close, like it would just be nice to have her, But it's not the same, Like once you do that, I could never do that to my kids, So I don't know how you could do that to your daughter. So I don't think it'll ever come back.
Speaker 1: It's just a whole new level of low. It's just like the disrespect, Like, how can you come back from that?
Speaker 3: It's yeah, one hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, Maddie, thank you so much for sending us this voicemail.
Speaker 2: We really appreciate you.
Speaker 1: You're so sorry you've been through this traumatic event, and thank you for being so open as to share only a year later. Again, thank you so much, and thanks for being on our hotline, no worries, Thanks for having you guys,