Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne Way, Melbourn, Jason Lauren.
Speaker 2: We'll start your morning the right away.
Speaker 1: Don't be great, gonna be a good day.
Speaker 3: This is Jason Laurens one hundred.
Speaker 2: Good morning and happy for wader.
Speaker 4: Morning.
Speaker 1: God will, it's gonna be warm. You got your summer suits on, Jay, God.
Speaker 2: I think I'll put the pool later on.
Speaker 5: By accident, I think I finally thought out.
Speaker 2: Sorry from the winter.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think you said thought out. I thought out, my god, thirty five today, thirty five tomorrow, summers here, baby, don't okay, don't say that we.
Speaker 2: Must do a water slide. Look, I'm getting out of the rest.
Speaker 1: Sunday twenty three.
Speaker 2: More cross my chest piping hot still cool. I don't know. I remember the way of hot buttered.
Speaker 6: I remember saving up when I was a young fella and getting my first Billabong T shirt.
Speaker 1: I used to go and anyone who grew up in Melbourne would notice, where did I go? Talking Curl second shots and Quicksilver had and that was when it was Quicksilver, before the Girl Side Rocks was introduced.
Speaker 6: My mate dated was the Rip Curl girls. Yeah, like they were in the front window of City.
Speaker 1: Beach, not the people owned should have stayed on that.
Speaker 2: In the front window of surf diving school.
Speaker 3: Every teenage boy used to have a rip Curl watch and a rip Curl wallet and.
Speaker 1: And then my brother used to have it on a chain that was like chained to his because he skateboarder or skateboarders on a chain attached the back of their pants. If your skateboarder falls out, you don't lose your three dollars.
Speaker 2: That was probably did bow And go through a emo stage?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Bow And went through every stage? Oh my god, he went well. He went through like a rock and roll stage than never had like dit his hair black or anything, but he went through like he went through like a slip knot. And corn stage people remember those guys. Children children was screaming, And I say.
Speaker 6: I think Children of the Corn was the Stephen King movie Corn course Corn.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the backwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, backwards, And.
Speaker 2: That's where Averroll got up for skater Boy with the number eighty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went through that stage and then he went through the He went through like the jock stage and the foot Yeah, he went through all the stage.
Speaker 6: We have a fun show coming up for a Friday.
Speaker 2: Your chance to head to Van Kolber. It'll be this time next week.
Speaker 6: We're going to jump in the car, drive to someone's house here in Melbourne and say, guess what. We're going to Tellermarine and you are going.
Speaker 1: To where are we going?
Speaker 4: Maaren?
Speaker 6: And you will be jumping a plane in and heading to the closing night of the year as.
Speaker 1: Tour in Vancouver seeing Taylor Swift. I just can't. I don't even actually have the words to explain how jealous I am that I can't win that prize.
Speaker 6: Oh tell me about it coming up next though. All eyes will be on him come January.
Speaker 2: At the AO.
Speaker 6: Nick Curios is back and he is on the air of this after Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 2: Welcome to your Friday morning, Melbourne. And is Jason Lauren. This is Ober one hundred.
Speaker 1: Good morning, dare I say, Jays.
Speaker 2: Today's going to be a spot.
Speaker 1: It's a stunning morning out there Melbourne.
Speaker 6: I need to get onto the guys who put my eck on in. Why it's I don't think it's it's not strong enough.
Speaker 2: It's not strong enough.
Speaker 1: We haven't even got to a thirty degree dates.
Speaker 6: I know, yest afternoon, like I could feel like My briefing to them was whatever unit you'd put in a small shopping center.
Speaker 2: That's what I need in the house.
Speaker 1: Didn't work.
Speaker 2: No, you're just your wire differently, What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Queensland is so odd? Queens just like the house to be like a fridge.
Speaker 2: Do you find this cold in here? No? This is warm. No, I feel like I stepped back into winter.
Speaker 1: Guys, you know it was hot last night the Sydney My Music Bowl with choice of arm.
Speaker 5: Talk to me about it.
Speaker 2: It was a bit of a penis best, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: We said, quote, I want to be a gay man.
Speaker 1: I did. I said I had the horn for the gays. It was like I did, I had the horn. I went with three of my gay best friends and it was just like I went with Jack Charles the Christy Swan Show. I went with my friend Elliott, and I went with Tom who also works here.
Speaker 6: So not only did you go through with three gay friends, three of the gays people I probably know?
Speaker 1: Oh my, it was it was so hot.
Speaker 2: Did you grind?
Speaker 1: They did they grind?
Speaker 2: Did they?
Speaker 1: They didn't wear a lot of clothes. The dancers she was it was sex was nody. It was nody. And it was sexy.
Speaker 2: It was pull home last night.
Speaker 1: Nah, I know, I was like water. Shame he was in he was in Queensland last night. I know, bad night to be in Queensland. Dark because anyway, And it was also.
Speaker 2: Get the chaps down.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of barsless chaps in the crowd. On the stage, there was a lot of crop tops, there was a lot of like leather. It was so good. Where was it at at Sydney my music Ball, which is such a great spot for an event and a concept. It was a beautiful night. It was heaving. He's a Melbourne boy. He was back home. He's just one album of the year, so he was up and about.
Speaker 2: Listen to the passions she's got for this concert.
Speaker 6: I reckon she'll hold that passion when we talk about what starts today las.
Speaker 2: Five day Test. The crickets, Oh.
Speaker 1: No, let me take most of the people that were at that concert last night aren't interested in cricket. Different audience.
Speaker 5: Okay, you wait to see Perth up the stadium today.
Speaker 2: It'll be packed. But everywhere a lot of pressure on the Aussie captain, Oh, a bit of pressure.
Speaker 3: It's a one trophy that's so far eluded pat Commons and in his reign.
Speaker 2: Yep, they haven't won it for ten years.
Speaker 3: The Border Gatiscar Trophy, it starts today for five days in front of the television.
Speaker 2: What a moment, What a day to your life?
Speaker 1: What's the trophy?
Speaker 2: Bought a cigar trophy? Gavascar doesn't tongue, nah, gabiscar? No? Right, Oh my.
Speaker 1: Goodness, I've got a bounce in my life.
Speaker 2: I've got a question for you. Why am I so happy? Who did you run out of petrol? This morning?
Speaker 1: I said to you, don't bring my mood down. You said, I've had a stressful morning.
Speaker 2: I did a stand away. No, you can't talk about it now. Do you want to talk?
Speaker 1: Literally stop the madness? How do you know?
Speaker 3: I said, there's something in me waters and I was like, I reproduced by investigation.
Speaker 2: I reproduced Brady. This morning.
Speaker 6: I said, hey, my car is saying it's on zero and it's flashing fill up immediately, and I'm twenty minutes from work.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? I'll make it.
Speaker 1: You can drive for ages on that.
Speaker 2: That's what he said, That's what That's what I've been trying to talk.
Speaker 1: I remember, did the experiment they got it on zero and drive as far as they could. They went for days.
Speaker 2: Well you can't.
Speaker 6: I got as far as elston Wick and putted into it, gave out in the driveway of the Celtechs.
Speaker 2: I got just to the bowser.
Speaker 1: Someone's watching over you today it.
Speaker 2: Went and I was like, oh my god, it's happening. It's happening.
Speaker 1: How did you know that?
Speaker 2: As I said, I launched in the current a fair investigation.
Speaker 1: Who we all sitting next to.
Speaker 3: Brody when I'll Mate called and said I might run out of petrol? Should I risk it? And I said absolutely, he should risk it.
Speaker 1: Because percent I would have loved to see you something.
Speaker 2: More delightful than seeing Jason the Jerry.
Speaker 1: And also him holding the panic when he realizes he's holding up all the traffic.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing was, it started doing the little you know, I get choked up thinking about it here right, Yeah, it's very emotional.
Speaker 1: Mean flashback, okay, and now tell the truth. When you filled up with petrol? What did you get from the shop? What you get from the shop? One hundred percent? He brought some trades.
Speaker 6: I was going to get a treat, but the trade's were holding up the lines or I used the self service checkout just to pay for my field.
Speaker 1: Really, don't you have to go into the shop or can you do that at the bow?
Speaker 2: I got to do it at the shop.
Speaker 1: Why can't you do it, Laurreen? I would love to just swipe and get out of it, because they want you in the shop so you buy the treats.
Speaker 2: I've told you.
Speaker 6: What's near my new place in Bentley East a servo where they come out and fill it up.
Speaker 1: There used to be one in Mount Waverley like that.
Speaker 6: It's right next to a more modern sees chut twenty dollars in it.
Speaker 1: Thanks, How do you pay? They just give you a tile?
Speaker 6: I don't know. Hey, thirteen twenty four to ten? Where have you run out of fuel?
Speaker 1: I ran out in my mum's car and I called the RACV and someone said you're not supposed to do that. You can Oh, someone said no that to you problem. No they do breakdown. It's not petrol.
Speaker 2: No, no, they do all that petrol. Sha, he's locked in. They rock up, they put those funny little orange lines.
Speaker 5: I feel as though the question for me is where haven't you run out of fuel?
Speaker 2: I do it quite regularly. It's quite fun.
Speaker 6: Well, management will probably hate this being brought up. But Nova back in the day, ren a contest. I think it was American Rosso Days in Sydney, Oh yeah, and it was like whoever runs out of fuel first or whatever you win and the car broke down on the Cydney Harbor Bridge and peak out.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's an ovacar.
Speaker 2: No, there was like a competition.
Speaker 1: I've run and hate you a person. We don't need that. Yeah, don't do that. Sometimes maybe someone's sitting on the side of the road right.
Speaker 6: Now, talk about bringing the city to a standstill. Sometimes you forget that you're so low on petrol. Sometimes I forget your petrol on.
Speaker 2: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I feel like there was like I remember an alert on Wednesday and I was like, I got to get to the that's a long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're data three. You do a lot of driving the old Tesla. When it gets to zero, there ain't no going any further. You are out. Yeah, you got to find a power point.
Speaker 2: You're in Barnie Rubble.
Speaker 6: And then if you got the kids with you, are you going to take them out of the car seed to run into bloody pay for the fuel.
Speaker 5: I once ran out of fuel turning right from a right right hand lane.
Speaker 3: Intersections the intersection right it was glen Ferry Road as well.
Speaker 2: It's like a real scene and they were.
Speaker 3: And then because I was stuck in the middle of intersection, people had to push me. You know how, three or four people get out of their cars and have to push me.
Speaker 1: You're kidding, They're like, what's wrong?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know cars breaking down?
Speaker 2: It was petrol and I could get it into neutral either. That was even worse trying to get into neutral. So got your license? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Thirteen twenty four ten, the first snaught for the morning. Yeah, thirteen twenty four ten. Where have you run out of fuel? Let's see how common this really is.
Speaker 1: You have someone to call in that's currently sitting on the side of the road waiting for jerry can have been delivered. We're happy to help if you're out of fuel or broken down right now.
Speaker 2: Pull you're for your side. Yeah, he's got a see you have a prato.
Speaker 1: Yeah. In in Brisbane where his office is.
Speaker 2: They have emergency fuel takes. Do they do it? Used to be the Black.
Speaker 6: Thunders, That's what We used to use the radio station of the Prado's and if you run out of fuel, you hit the button as soon as you.
Speaker 5: Note that exists, you know, you just use Yeah, I know, I've got the emergency.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things you shouldn't know, right.
Speaker 6: Thirteen twenty four ten, we've got turned to Dollar Jack's cafe, vouchers up for grabs.
Speaker 2: Where have you run out of fueld? Melbourne, thirteen twenty four ten. Have you done? Stand away? Well?
Speaker 1: Actually that makes two of you now. So Clint and Jason both run out of petrol within what a week of each But have look at.
Speaker 3: Our cause this is like a community. It's like a I've run out of petrol community.
Speaker 1: I'm not alarmed, there's no shame.
Speaker 2: Mer Let's get Jason, Lauren, Jerry Kins.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, love that I'm the only one of the three that hasn't run out of fuel.
Speaker 2: You drive an electric car.
Speaker 1: That is a very good point.
Speaker 3: I can sympathize.
Speaker 1: It's amazing, Jesus, we haven't run out of battery. And the good thing about the e car is you get home is plug it in. You don't have to go to the petrol station.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Shannon and Lawren. Shannon, welcome to the Petrol community. Morning. We're about to Yeah, what's happened?
Speaker 7: I run out in McDonald's drive.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a rock bottom, Shannon.
Speaker 2: They push it to the waiting bay of shame.
Speaker 3: No, so that the bend to go forward was it was too benny to get at a ramp with it because the steering wheel locks.
Speaker 8: It was out backwards and behind me to back out.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, what window were you at? Like you were at the food window or still early.
Speaker 7: In the first window, so that.
Speaker 1: The middle of so had you ordered and paid? At least your order went through and you got your food while you were waning.
Speaker 6: No, I didn't get the fed to back out because everything locks up like the steering wheel locks.
Speaker 2: You just got no control of that.
Speaker 1: Did I felt the point was that you could put it in neutral and push it.
Speaker 2: No offense.
Speaker 6: But I'm going to go with the expert on this. Thirteen twenty four to ten. Whereabouts in Melbourne did you run out of field?
Speaker 2: Give us a yell?
Speaker 6: So excited for the weekend thirty four as a top blue sky sunshinety six.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow getting excited today Pool party. April is your wife away?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Should we have a pool party at your house?
Speaker 6: My wife is away with the kids. It is just me and the two year old lads. Lad's lads.
Speaker 1: Surely we can put him in some kind of fenced off area and have a poll party.
Speaker 2: No, he'll be in the pool.
Speaker 6: Oh great, he likes to do the almost famous off the roof.
Speaker 1: All right, I reckon we should have a poor party of Jason's. Who wants to come?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there I'd love to come.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too, Let's go.
Speaker 2: You won't make it. You run out of field? I will.
Speaker 3: That's all we're talking about this morning, Melbourne third and twenty four to ten. Where or when did you run out of field? Because I mean, I've got a lot of sympathy for you.
Speaker 1: You've got history, you've got form.
Speaker 2: I've got plenty of form.
Speaker 1: And Jase run out of field this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome to the class. Made it to the bowser.
Speaker 1: It was just have to really stretch the thing to get it to where you were.
Speaker 6: No, no, thank god. But I'm on diesel and it's like, not all the pumps have diesel. That a real roller coaster.
Speaker 1: The car is diesel might be a dumb question. Does every petrol station stock the Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Sometimes I can't find the thing.
Speaker 2: And you hit the high flow button. Is that that quicker?
Speaker 1: I thought that was for trucks, Yeah it is. We don't have had a bigger nozzle.
Speaker 2: That fits in. I didn't the goal side park, just that thing. Good morning morning.
Speaker 1: What happened to you? Where to break down?
Speaker 8: Literally five houses from home?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Well the kids weren't too happy about that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's greatly close to home, but it doesn't help you get the car reef carle.
Speaker 6: Did you think you were going to make it home? Or did you totally forgot the fuel that was on?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: I was playing a bit of a rule it there. I knew that it was completely empty, and I was going on the fumes of the tape, and I thought it better to go somewhere closer to home and then I can get a joke here and top it up.
Speaker 2: Water rush?
Speaker 1: What a rush?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 6: It's it's it's not good for your car, well because all the bottom of the fuel tank is all the.
Speaker 5: Crap, all the sediment, yep, and you would just sucking of red wine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not good.
Speaker 1: Well, shouldn't you run it down and give it a little hose out everyone on.
Speaker 5: Then put in the fuel team.
Speaker 2: No friend of mine, little camp you know, little camp la la?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 2: He put is it the E ten instead of the unlettered ethanol?
Speaker 1: If you put the wrong if you put the wrong one, you can't even start the engine right train the.
Speaker 2: Full drainagine, yeah, idea.
Speaker 1: Well, lots of people have broken down. On thirteenth, twenty four to ten, Jeff in Geelong, what happened?
Speaker 8: We were doing a family trip to tam Worth for the music festival.
Speaker 7: Leaving Geelong.
Speaker 8: So I had a dual fuel filled up with spetrol, filled up with gas, driving a long.
Speaker 10: Run out of one fuel, went to flick it onto the other wouldn't flick over.
Speaker 8: Got into the town, a town one hundred meters from the survey, couldn't didn't make it.
Speaker 1: How many people in the car JF.
Speaker 6: Seven would have been wrapped that we didn't make it to Tienworth.
Speaker 1: No, it's great the country music festival.
Speaker 2: Do they all turn on you? Jeff?
Speaker 10: So I had a fuel, a whole tank of fuel in the car, but it wouldn't transfer over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's even more frustrating. So it's a good one.
Speaker 3: A country drive where you see the big signpost like seventy four days to go to Ballarat and you've got like seventy k's of petrol in the tank.
Speaker 2: Did you ever do the It seems.
Speaker 1: So far when you like, when's the next one hundred kilometers? And you're like they need them more regularly.
Speaker 6: You're a old man. John's down away with. I used to witness my dad all the time siphening fuel out of the car for the lawnmower. We sucked the pipe and then just as the fuel comes out, you quickly put in the Jerry kid.
Speaker 2: What I don't think he was.
Speaker 1: I don't think we should encourage people to do that.
Speaker 2: I think it might have been a Queensland thing.
Speaker 1: We suck the fuel out of the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you with your man, What do you mean, what.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about?
Speaker 10: Not?
Speaker 2: No, Brodie, you know what I'm talking about. That you've got to suck. It's going out of fashion.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, if you drink it, no no, no, So just as you see coming down the pipe, so you put a clear pipe in the car.
Speaker 1: One get a clear pipe.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got a clear pipe.
Speaker 6: So you got a clear piece of like piping in the car and then that runs into the jerry camp. But first you have to suck that and then you see the fuel starting to come down.
Speaker 1: We should be No, I never saw doing that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's like it's a thing.
Speaker 1: He wasn't sucking on any clear pipes, not in front of me anyway.
Speaker 2: You got to you just gotta be careful to get out of your mouth for the fuel. Kids. No, no, yes, it's a thing.
Speaker 1: It's not a safe thing like Zoolander.
Speaker 6: No no, no, don't spray no no.
Speaker 2: No, morning Brendan, morning, Yeah, good. You know what I'm talking about with sucking the fuel, don't you definitely.
Speaker 7: Know it's the real thing. And put yourself up over running out of fuel, Jake, Because I was out fishing off Port Stephens on the Marlin with a whole heap of people on the boat and about five k's back to the boat.
Speaker 10: Ram.
Speaker 1: How many people on the boat, Brendon, that's a lot of rowing of.
Speaker 7: Us, Oh, very tired being. I think we did about seventy eighty nine hundred k's that day.
Speaker 1: Oh how'd you get in?
Speaker 2: Swim back? You're still out there?
Speaker 7: We put we put a call on the radio and strung up on a group of person that a group of people that I sort of knew but didn't really know, ended up calling me back on the radio and said, don't worry, I'll tell you back in.
Speaker 2: That's a boaty thing.
Speaker 1: You had to tow someone in the other day.
Speaker 2: Jason, Yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you didn't have nice things to say about that person.
Speaker 6: Friend Charlie and mor Charlie, good day, goody Charlie.
Speaker 2: Where'd you run out of field?
Speaker 11: I'm run out of fuel in the domain talent?
Speaker 2: Did you get in the bumper truck? Push you the rest of the show?
Speaker 11: Let me tell you, I'm about about ten meters from the end of the tunnel. I can see the light. I can see the light in my car. Stole three days after having me last and.
Speaker 1: Three days after getting your life. How humiliated.
Speaker 11: To put on your indicators? But I don't tell you how to fill out your car? And that was not.
Speaker 1: Good, Charlie. Did you have to call Mom or Dad?
Speaker 11: I pulled into the service lane and I'm not I don't know what to do. I'll put my hasards done and I'm hoping. I'm hoping. Me poor Amrock doesn't get total I'm under the servo. Do get a bottle of water, fill it up with diesel, sprint back like an absolute athlete. And I just got there in.
Speaker 1: So you filled up a water bottle, put it in the amerock.
Speaker 11: I bought one of the big Yah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: Did you run out of the tunnel yourself.
Speaker 11: From the exit there's a little service yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and then you just drive off.
Speaker 11: Well I pushed my car there with I had a mate in the car.
Speaker 1: Good on your Charlie. Three days after having his licens his new amorrock didn't want to get totaled.
Speaker 2: Us didn't spend twenty on a Jerry kid.
Speaker 1: What an athlete?
Speaker 2: Water? What an athlete?
Speaker 1: What an athlete?
Speaker 6: Well, good morning Melbourne, Welcome you Friday.
Speaker 1: Beautiful Friday is a vibe. There's a vibe in the city. There was a vibe in the city last night as well. It was such a beautiful day yesterday. I was walking through the Botanic Gardens last night on the way to Sydney my music bolt and there was a vibe in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Good weather for the choice of unconcert last night.
Speaker 1: It was so good. Honestly, he is a proper pop star, like you see a guy from Melbourne who's selling at Madison Square Garden in New York, in his hometown. It was heaving. It was the best fi.
Speaker 2: Did you grind up against.
Speaker 1: All my gay friends?
Speaker 2: How was it? You dig into my head?
Speaker 1: It was so It was so like it was very sexy on the stage, very sexy and nody. He's a nody bully?
Speaker 2: Was she Troy's my mom?
Speaker 1: Yes, the show. I don't know how as a mom, I mean, you'd be so proud, but it's pretty like hot and steamy on the stage. Mom, speak away.
Speaker 5: Now, Mom, she spend plenty of concerts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure she had. I loved it. I didn't realize that this These the dancers.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, can you imagine? What did they do?
Speaker 1: They were so hot. There were more abs on that stage than I've ever seen before. What are you giggling?
Speaker 2: Was it turning you up?
Speaker 1: I told you I wanted to be a gay man like night. If you opened Grinder the Sydney My Music Bowl last night, phone would have exploded.
Speaker 2: What about Tinder?
Speaker 1: No matches within five kilometers? No, it was it was such a great show and so cool, like he's a young guy from Melbourne. Like, seriously, the show was so impressive. He can dance as well and hits banger. He's gone a few Charlie X six. I didn't realize they were so close. They're like best mates apparently.
Speaker 6: All right, so here's the guy stick them with live music. How would you like to go? This time next week? Guys, this time next week we'll be leaving the studio, driving to someone's house and saying, hey, pack your bags. You are going to Canada to be a part of the closing night of the Taller Swift Eras tour.
Speaker 1: That's right, flights, accommodation and the hardest tickets not in town, but the hardest tickets in the world to get after her final closing show of the Era's tour.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 6: If you want to get on the standby list, now is the time to ring. Thirteen twenty four to ten is our number. This is cruel Summer Friday, Melbourne, right across Melbourne. This is number one hundred and I went down a tatay little rabbit hole yesterday on YouTube. You know, her dad walks around hereting out food at the concert.
Speaker 1: I love her dad. I love her parents and they're separated, but they're there together.
Speaker 6: Oh no, it's pretty cool, isn't it. Yeah, I mean her mum is like a celebrity at those times. Well, let's go to the phones. Your chance to head to Canada this time next week. This isn't a competition that runs for months and months. Next Friday, we will leave the studio. We will drive to one lucky Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Listener's house and this is Melbourne winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 6: You're not competing and trying to get through on the phone with people from Sydney. This is Melbourne only. We'll drive to your place, take it to Tullamarine and send you to seat take Tay.
Speaker 1: How exciting. And one person who is closer to that trip is Lisa from Patterson Lakes. Good morning, Good morning. You fancy your trip to Canada?
Speaker 11: Oh my god, I cannot even imagine. I'm dying to see t TPD.
Speaker 3: Live t TPD, t P Poets Department.
Speaker 2: Just watch out for the DVT on the plane.
Speaker 1: Keep wriggling the ankles, Keep wriggling the ankles. Lisa, you are on the list. Congratulations to Melbourne, Sophie.
Speaker 2: You're on the stand our.
Speaker 1: List, Sophie U okay, I'm just how much do you love Taylor Swift so much? Like it's crazy.
Speaker 6: I've got every morning to listen to try and get.
Speaker 1: These tickets, Sophie, Well you are who would you go with?
Speaker 6: I'm quite dad or friends?
Speaker 1: Dad? Oh my god, we've got a Swifty day.
Speaker 2: Haven't you got two weeks of school left? Sophie, You're not?
Speaker 1: Yes, you are, absolutely, Sophie.
Speaker 2: Week after next you can fail.
Speaker 1: Did you get to see Taylor Swift in Melbourne?
Speaker 6: I did, but I only got to see the night and then I got lost on the night I went alone ticket?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you and Swifty? Dad?
Speaker 2: You lost you the other ticket?
Speaker 10: No, I got lost. My phone died and so she.
Speaker 1: Got one ticket the night before. And if she get one ticket and went on her own and then her phone, oh Dad must have been so.
Speaker 6: Stressed, you know what he was. That's sort of cult that everyone would have looked after you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: You are on the list, and so is Britney. Brittany, you're on the list. Hey, I'm just got to read the subtitles.
Speaker 1: I think it sounds like Britneys underwater. She's stoked. Everyone's stoked. It's on the list.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello, Hello, Brittany on the list Friday.
Speaker 1: People stopping me in the street for this, I don't.
Speaker 6: We dropped Felix and Howdy go off at school the other day and this little girl got sent in by her mum to hit me up.
Speaker 1: Really, come on, mum, do the dirty work yourself exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm getting hit up in the streets as well, And I'm like, gos, you just got to get on the air.
Speaker 6: Next Friday, we will drive to someone's house, pack their bags and take them to the airport and send them to Canada countdowns on the closing night of the Taylor swift Eras Tour. You can win your way there here on number one hundred loses lips All.
Speaker 2: Right, our very Unlauren Phillips.
Speaker 6: If there's one thing she's good at, and you proved this the last couple of weeks because she has she can read lips. So when our bosses Sarah and Brendan are in a glass meeting room and they say they're winging about another show, we know.
Speaker 1: It's about well, they're so animated when they talk pantomime anyway, we all know what they're talking about.
Speaker 6: All rights do you want to put on the noise canceling headphones? So we're going to play some loud music in Lawrence is she won't be able to hear what we're going to say.
Speaker 2: She has to read our lips.
Speaker 6: It is all thanks to the guys at Eastpentley Dental Group, All Dental under one roof. Visit e B d G dot com dot au. They're down the road from me and they are very good. All right, you haven't.
Speaker 1: We've got an issue with.
Speaker 2: Have you not? Cham blue tooth on Brody one? Job? Mate? How are we going with that? The microphone count here?
Speaker 1: I might have turned the headphones off to night?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, how are we remedying this situation? Okay, we're good. Here we go.
Speaker 1: Who's going first?
Speaker 2: You can't hear it? Huh perfect? I thought we were going to have our minute silence for the week. Plenty good. They turned off again? No, no, she knocked shopped.
Speaker 6: Jesus stop, thanks, this is on?
Speaker 2: Can you hear us?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can pretend that I couldn't. I can actually, don't you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what stunning radio?
Speaker 6: I think from now on we go to quartered headphones.
Speaker 1: Tech tech and I don't blend well.
Speaker 2: English and you are doing back in are they?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Our mate Paul Mezkarl is a big fan of the Quartered headphone and he's been rocking them on his daily walk and short short and as a result, well, because the short shots are back, I'm wearing short shots, your own short shots. Shots who wear short shots? We wear short shots anyway, the Quartered headphones. You're right, it's all because of you. So okay, here we go ahead, we're out of time. Here we go, Thank you, good, Yeah, you go first. Troy Savann was grind ding at the bowl.
Speaker 1: Troy Savann was riding at the bowl.
Speaker 2: No grinding at the bowl, grinding at the ball.
Speaker 1: He was grinding at the ball.
Speaker 2: Correct. There we go.
Speaker 1: There, I saw it with my own eyes.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Your music touching them, Oh my god, the music stops.
Speaker 3: You stop touching, stop touching it, stop fiddling, stop fiddling.
Speaker 2: Can you hear us? Can you hear us? Can you hear us?
Speaker 1: Can you hear us?
Speaker 7: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Today. I'll be skinny dipping in my I'm sick. Wait go again, I'll be skinny dipping.
Speaker 1: I'm sick.
Speaker 2: I'll be skinny dipping in my swimming pool.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 5: I'll be skinny dipping in my swimming pool.
Speaker 1: No, I even understand one word.
Speaker 2: I'll be skinny dipping. I'll be dead, Nope.
Speaker 6: Skinny, sick, I'll be sick, skinny something skinny.
Speaker 1: Sydney, skinny, Sydney, skinny.
Speaker 2: Skinny, skinny, skinny.
Speaker 1: Skinny me dipping, I'll be skinny dipping.
Speaker 2: Dipping in my swimming pool.
Speaker 1: I'll be skinny dipping in my swimming pool.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm so frustrated.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I didn't understand Jake's using the word skinny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, good morning Melbourne. Just going twenty two to away next week. On the shows, the One and Only Robbie Williams.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, because he's got his biopic coming out and that doesn't come out till Boxing day.
Speaker 6: We can't say too much but Clint and a nice saory. Yesterday I bowled like a baby.
Speaker 2: Did you cry?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well you left a bit early. I was left. So being in the cinema.
Speaker 2: It is excellent. Yeah you look, he's a monkey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a monkey playing playing Robbi Williams. Which when I saw that, I was like here, it's so magnificently shot. The cinematography is incredible.
Speaker 2: You forget he's a monkey, and I love.
Speaker 1: Robbi Williams anyway, but this is just sounds crazy. Made me understand him a little more.
Speaker 2: But he's a monkey. He's a monkey.
Speaker 6: But it is an absolute rapper of a movie.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to talk to Robbie next week about it, and I can't wait for you guys to hear it because it's it's it's highly emotive. I would say it's brilliant, and it's beautifully shot.
Speaker 6: And to top it off, we got snacks. Oh what do you get popcorn?
Speaker 1: He went and bought. He went, He got there before me. So at these previews that where we get to see so that we can talk to people in the movies about it, Jace, it's like it's not a proper since, Like no, because we went last time candy bar and things aren't open. But if you go to the other side where the actual movies are on, you can. So Jace was walking up the stairs at the jam Factory to get popcorn and someone yet out, no, Jace, over this side, over this side broke but he knew he was just going to the candy bar, and he went. I was on the phone to him at the time, and he goes, oh, Lauren wanted me to get her snacks.
Speaker 2: Right, Can I tell you what? We were sharing? Box of popcorn? Oh yeah, who ate the popcorn? Oh yeah, yeah, you reckon.
Speaker 1: I more than you.
Speaker 2: That's why I got her own reckon.
Speaker 1: I know, so hey, excuse me, I disagree, okay, And I really I like the seeds at the bottom line. I waited for you to polish it off so I could crunch on those seeds and in all the cracks.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: There's also a situation at the cinema.
Speaker 2: In a little bit right movie What's Happening movie to Embarrassing to be out together.
Speaker 6: The movie starts right, I'm sitting there. We're in those nice gold classes.
Speaker 1: There like other journalists.
Speaker 2: The guys from Fox are behind us, like other radio people. Yeah yeah, yep. And she comes running in late I snuck in. She sits down and.
Speaker 6: Then goes, oh, and I go what what the movie started?
Speaker 2: She thank god, it's off me And I'm like what, And she.
Speaker 6: Goes, there was a giant spider aling down my leg.
Speaker 3: Was there?
Speaker 2: Actually?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Because I tried to put the seat back and I turned my torch onto the feet back and I saw this huge jump spin on my leg. She flicked over and so then I was like, just leave it on the floor. And Jase had his torch on like all around the cinema trying to find this spider.
Speaker 2: We really shouldn't go out, should we.
Speaker 1: I'd be happy never to go out.
Speaker 2: It's a monkey, Jason Lauren clint here as well. Are you listening to Nomber one hundred.
Speaker 4: Us?
Speaker 9: What Jason Lawrence reaching next for Christmas?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how many people reached out to me yesterday saying I love this and I can't wait to do it on Wednesday next week. We want you to reconnect with someone you miss, not someone you've necessarily had a falling out with, someone that you just haven't seen for a while because time has flown by. I actually I said to yesterday Jason, I tried to call you, and I accidentally called a different Jason my phone and I ended up having a twenty minute conversation with a friend of mine who I hadn't spoken to him so long, and I felt so good about it afterwards. And that is what we want everyone in Melbourne to do next time I did. I did, I said, this is a crocodile. Because he called me back. I tried to cancel it and then I said, but let's chat anyway.
Speaker 4: And it was great.
Speaker 1: It was so nice. So we want to reconnect Melbourne for Christmas.
Speaker 6: It is Reconnect Day next Wednesday. Joe Anne wants to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: Morning, Good morning, guys, We're good. Has this struck a chord with you? Is there someone yet thinking about it?
Speaker 10: Has it?
Speaker 11: Has?
Speaker 10: There is someone I'm thinking about. Her name is Sarah Yep. Sarah's from Brunswick and we were best is all through primary school, all through high school, even a little after high school when I moved to Werribee and she was still in Brunswick. We still had that connection. And then weddings happened, babies happened, and we just lost part. It was just yeah, just lost patch. She did come to my fortieth though, Yeah, I just reached out to her, but that was eight years ago and we haven't seen each other since.
Speaker 6: When she rocked up at the fortieth was was it like there was no time the passed it was?
Speaker 11: It was it really was.
Speaker 10: We just brought back old memories and you know, used each other's nicknames that.
Speaker 13: We had for each other.
Speaker 2: Special Joe. Sorry, what made a special Joe?
Speaker 10: I think just that we grew up together and our families were friends as wow, and her mum and dad are great. I think they. I believe they still the bit the same count Bruni. And yeah, we just spoke about things that you wouldn't talk to other people about, and.
Speaker 2: Right, that's a thing that's coming up.
Speaker 1: You can't make that up with anyone else. Joe, do you love the idea of this day of reconnecting with an old pelp?
Speaker 11: I do? I do.
Speaker 10: I do love it, and it sort of gives me an excuse too. I mean I probably could. I've only got her a messenger, so that's okay. You know, I could easily just send her a message.
Speaker 2: But it's just that initial message, isn't it.
Speaker 10: Yes? Yes, most definitely.
Speaker 1: So you're going to do it next Wednesday on reconnecting.
Speaker 10: I am. I am gonna definitely do it, And I do hope she's listening because she'll know exactly, she'll recognize my voice, she'll.
Speaker 2: Know the history.
Speaker 10: Her nickname was Soccer and mine was Joza.
Speaker 1: You know that. So she's listening. Get Ready next Wednesday, you going to catch up and.
Speaker 6: You know what, she's at the nail on the head. Use this as the reason or excuse to reach out. It takes away the awkwardness. Just hey, I heard about Reconnect Day on Nova. You jumped into my mind straight away.
Speaker 2: How you're being.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean you have to have this huge commitment that you're going to see each other every week. And it's just like, Hey, I've been thinking of you, and it's so nice to think so fondly of someone that you used to spend so much time with and know that you've still got it.
Speaker 6: And then you don't have to talk to them for another year until we roll this day out again next year once again.
Speaker 2: Reconnect Day. We're going to do it next week Saturdayay.
Speaker 1: So if there is someone you're thinking about, just sit on it for now, hold it to next weddings. Say we're all going to send a text or a voice note or make it call.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny. I love that nicknames that you've got with friends, Beau.
Speaker 1: If you were laughing at me because my girlfriend that sort of started this whole thing, ye calls me puddy pud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Puddy.
Speaker 1: Puddy Pie calls me Rocky well because we used to do a community TV together and ned stuff up and I'd blow up short temper. One of my one of my very good friends. Oh, it's sign like something's never changed, Clint. You know her. We call her the sheriff.
Speaker 2: Who's the shriff?
Speaker 1: Her names Jeanine, and I used to work with her. She was the office manager and she was always like telling people off and I'd be like, all right.
Speaker 4: Never want to listen.
Speaker 1: Know the Sheriff's sent down. And for fifteen years she's been sheriff. My parents call her sheriff really.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for Share, I had no idea what her actually name was. Yees, it's Ariff.
Speaker 2: Sheriff Shares thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 1: Early because you know how you do that, You just change from one to the next.
Speaker 2: What's your nickname for your best friend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's embarrassing sometimes, especially when they're like long friends, because it becomes like a pet name.
Speaker 6: We are gearing up for reconnect Day, which is next Wednesday, where we want you to reach out to someone you haven't spoken to in a while. But yeah, those best friends you had growing up.
Speaker 1: One of my best friends from school just text me saying, what saul because we used to call it to the selfish and then it turned to soul fish, and then it was just soul They gets shortened over there, right. We even bought her a pet fish and we called it soul fish.
Speaker 6: Thirteen to twenty four ten. What's the nickname you got for your best friend? It is jas and Lauren with you this morning, Clints here as well. We're talking nicknames, yeah.
Speaker 1: And some of the worst ones are the ones that you can't shake because like your dad gave it to you when you were four, and then your friends caught on to it.
Speaker 2: We're a good mate about embarrassing. Were a good made went by the name of pants? What were they call him pants?
Speaker 1: What are they call him pants?
Speaker 2: A bit of a pants man? You open? I'm really sure.
Speaker 1: I know he like it.
Speaker 2: He likes he likes to get in a nice pair of pears. He loves a good slack, Yes, loved a good pair of slacks. What pants better when you get the crease? Beautiful? Yeah, you know, just lovely press pants.
Speaker 1: Alright, I'm thirteen twenty four to ten. What's your nickname? How did you get it? Nicole from St. Andrew's good morning.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: What's your nickname? Love?
Speaker 12: Well, as my friend Jody and I have known each other since we're six and eight years old, so I'm a little I'm a blondie. She was a brownie, so it was polar bear head and chop b lockheads.
Speaker 1: And how old are you now?
Speaker 12: Fifty three?
Speaker 1: And you still call each other that.
Speaker 12: Yes, we'll ride in cards, we'll say every.
Speaker 2: Now's on the phone. I love that Danny L in the city. What's the nickname you've got for your friend.
Speaker 1: Danny L in the city.
Speaker 13: Well, my best friend and I got the same nickname for each other.
Speaker 8: It's GFND. We've known each other for about fifteen years.
Speaker 1: GFD is that my girlfriend girlfriend. I used to live behind her girlfriend next door GFD.
Speaker 2: I was going all of her friends.
Speaker 1: Oh, it just rolled on and extended, it rolled on GF and day, I like it.
Speaker 2: Next door Lezzie. What's the nickname?
Speaker 13: Hi, Jason Lauren, I'm always a big fan. They called me Duck Duck.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 11: Why.
Speaker 13: We were in high school, second year we had this what do you call them? Here? Leading dance and there was this chance from the higher level and they were like, you walked like a duck. And then my friends in high school they were like, oh, you.
Speaker 12: Walk with the.
Speaker 1: Lizzie, So they you've just stuck with duck quack quack ever since. Well, okay, she wanted to be a cheerleader jazz.
Speaker 2: What did she say?
Speaker 1: She walked like a duck at cheerleading and the boys in the year above called it duck.
Speaker 2: It's up there when they called me Paddington bas.
Speaker 1: But I think she wanted to clarify that she said duck dark, which is why she said, like, back right.
Speaker 2: Abby, I'm thirteen, twenty four ten? Abs? What's the nickname?
Speaker 8: Unfortunately?
Speaker 1: Airbags? When did you get that nickname?
Speaker 2: Can we guess how you got it?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well you think yess?
Speaker 1: I think I don't know how inappropriate.
Speaker 2: We can be on air?
Speaker 1: When did you get that nickname? Abby?
Speaker 14: Are you ten or you're eleven?
Speaker 1: And how long is it start?
Speaker 2: For? Look?
Speaker 8: I'm a mom of two now, so it doesn't get run around much anymore.
Speaker 13: It does crop off.
Speaker 1: It really inappropriate. I bet when you see your school friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and a lot of the boys. Safety first.
Speaker 6: There's nothing better than when you're all catching up at the pub and they're screaming across to your airbag.
Speaker 2: Airbags you want to drink exactly right.
Speaker 1: It's the high school ones that you can never shake.
Speaker 6: Also, Abby, I hope you don't mind, but I'm just changing all the caller idea in our computer here at the studio.
Speaker 2: Now airbags.
Speaker 6: Yeahst whatever you ring now and come up as airbags and pressed it perfect.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Well, Friday morning, everyone, don't she is going to be a hot one. The school send out the old email yesterday. So ice in the drink bottles.
Speaker 1: Yeh, slip slap slap.
Speaker 2: Ye's going on? No play? When did they go home?
Speaker 1: Zooper duper after school weather?
Speaker 6: Sorry if the temperature gets a certain seventy seventy degrees, No.
Speaker 1: You never got sent home?
Speaker 2: At home?
Speaker 6: One inside plays yeah no, no, no, they stay there, they do.
Speaker 1: Yes, all the parents turn their phones off at nine oh one until three p m.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So it's just a old wives tale, is it. The day gets too hot, stay there?
Speaker 1: Maybe back in your day when there was no Now, there's thing called aircorn in the.
Speaker 6: Public school that'd be more comfortable in there than at home. All right, let's go to the phones.
Speaker 1: Liza from Gleniris, good morning. Hi. Are you you're doing school drop off? Do you get to do you think kids should get to come home if it's too hot?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 4: Even may I.
Speaker 2: You're with me, You're like seventy degrees. You'll be right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Eliza. Let's see if we can win you some cash to you have a hard question for five thousand, a medium for five hundred, or an easy question for fifty bucks.
Speaker 12: I'll go to five thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, five thousand dollars. Go big or go home.
Speaker 1: Eliza. You're going to hear a question. You'll hear three two, one countdown answer within that time, and the cash is yours if your answer is correct. If you don't know, yes, what's wrong? What's wrong?
Speaker 2: I've just seen what you're doing tonight, Eliza.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Oh your parents night out.
Speaker 2: It's parents gone wild night at your school? Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: Last time they did that at my kid's school. One of the dads passed out in the beanbag and everyone got a photo with him like he was a mascot.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, that's irresponse.
Speaker 2: That's sleepy sedash. No, no, no, no, he was awaken that one.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Eliza, here we go.
Speaker 6: All right, good luck it is all thanks to our mates at fun Fields. Funfields has it All Australia's biggest water slides. Grab your season pass today fun Field's theme park. That joint will be heaving today for five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Here's your question.
Speaker 14: What is the rarest human blood type three two one A A.
Speaker 1: Well, it's got an A in it. It's a the negative.
Speaker 2: I was going to say double zero, double zero doubles that's roulette.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, yeah, you're on a big wheel, bro, there's O negative? Is that an O positive?
Speaker 2: Is that you thinking of the big wheel? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Double zero?
Speaker 2: Do you know your blood typs? Oh? Sorry Eliza?
Speaker 1: Sorry, you know what, Eliza. We can't send you away empty handed. We're going to give you a double to Melbourne's Christmas Wonderland. Christmas Comes a Live at Corefield Racecourse from November twenty nine. You can book mouth a ticket master, take a family pass, take the kids.
Speaker 7: Love that.
Speaker 12: Thank you have fans.
Speaker 2: Drinks, have fun tonight.
Speaker 5: Thanks very right.
Speaker 2: You don't know you by the time, No idea.
Speaker 1: No, it got in my phone.
Speaker 4: Do anything?
Speaker 2: Who's your emergency contact?
Speaker 4: Not you?
Speaker 1: You wouldn't answer, I'd answer no, you're too busy, too many.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you'd be like, I tell her, I'll get there after the news.
Speaker 1: I think it's still my mum is my emergency contact?
Speaker 2: Here are your roll up?
Speaker 1: And put my partner on that.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's funny when you when you land in Australia and you have to fill out that card, it's like, who's your emergency contact?
Speaker 2: I always put my mom down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I put my mom down.
Speaker 6: I put my wife down. What's something happens? Still's on the plane. It's happened as well. She's like, who hey, guys coming up next.
Speaker 2: This is on my wife. This is her fault.
Speaker 6: And I think you'll finally agree with me this time. Lauren thirteen, twenty four ten. How did you accidentally make a kid cry? What did you say to him? What did you do? And as a result there was tears? My wife did something the other day and I could see it happened. I was like, of course this is getting in tears. We'll go there after this. Here on Nova Ava Max performed that at the Arias. She did like a meddally.
Speaker 1: She did a medley.
Speaker 2: She was great, live, incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's really good. Oh she's a sweet better say that was that was like my summer single song about three hang on longer than that ago five years ago, Let's go far.
Speaker 6: It is just good, What a good time? It was eighteen here on Nova. You're on the air with Jason and Lauren Plince here as well.
Speaker 2: And I want to know on.
Speaker 6: Thirteen twenty four ten, have you accidentally made a kid cry?
Speaker 1: Probably? Why what happened in my house?
Speaker 6: I could you know when you can see how something's about to play out?
Speaker 1: Yep, it's like you're predicting the future and it happens, and you think, why didn't I intervene?
Speaker 2: And then I stopped that? And then when he cried, Lou was shocked that he was crying?
Speaker 1: On which one?
Speaker 2: How could you not see?
Speaker 6: Talking about the child we all affectionately in the family referred to as the liability archie.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was going to say, how the young body?
Speaker 2: He's two and a bit.
Speaker 1: Three, he's been two and a bit years.
Speaker 2: Can he grow up already?
Speaker 1: Seriously? He's been two in a bit for a long time.
Speaker 2: He's three in January?
Speaker 1: Oh, he's three?
Speaker 2: Then, okay, so we'll go with a bit.
Speaker 1: Let's roll with three.
Speaker 2: Al right, it looks like a bloody five year old. He's tall. He doesn't have an off switch.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's weird that you call him two and a bit when he looks like school.
Speaker 2: I hate that.
Speaker 1: Thirty three months, eighteen months he quit with the months.
Speaker 2: We went to.
Speaker 6: We're only talking about this the other day one of those community fairs last week.
Speaker 1: They're all popping up at the moment everywhere.
Speaker 6: And I'm gonna say it's awesome all the councils around Melbourne putting him on. Because of the cost of living at the moment, people can't afford to go out and do stuff and all the like. A lot of the family activities are free. The one tent that had the biggest lineup was the face painting.
Speaker 1: You were a fa his painter as a kid, but you actually physically as a job or a face painter.
Speaker 2: To paint my face together the football.
Speaker 1: I thought you painted other people.
Speaker 2: N L colors, just the bronx.
Speaker 1: I hate face paint. I'm allergic to it. I'm allergic to kids.
Speaker 2: That's Actuie the two year old. It's cute. It's a full face paint.
Speaker 1: He's a fox. He's a fox. That's quite a good job on the isn't it tongue hanging outside?
Speaker 2: It makes sense why the line up was one hour.
Speaker 1: What's a chef's hat?
Speaker 2: Is that a beret? Have you dressed your child in a beret? Was it French Day?
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on. He's got a French chef's hat, a dog face paint, and a basketball jude An identity crisis.
Speaker 2: He's all over the shop. Anyway, I wonder you made him cry. What he's confused issue?
Speaker 1: French dog.
Speaker 2: No, it's just it's a it's a sailing hat. It's on backwards.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well that's not very son smart. Anyway, we're getting a dog sailing French dog.
Speaker 2: He was loving it, loved it.
Speaker 1: Love the when now when they paint the face, so they showed them in a mirror so they can see it.
Speaker 6: No, not till the end, okay, And it's really cute, like he was right into it. And then he spent like an hour at home just looking at his face in the mirror. He pretty much acted like a dog for the rest of the day. Then we all went for a swim. When we got out, my wife was drawing him down Marlow and she goes, oh, Archie, why don't you go look in the mirror.
Speaker 1: Now I was off or smudged.
Speaker 2: It's gone. It's all gone.
Speaker 6: Now, what do you think the reaction is going to be when he goes and looks in the mirror.
Speaker 1: Waefully, he stopped barking like a dog and went on arm a human chef.
Speaker 2: Again, tears straight away.
Speaker 1: Because the dog was gone.
Speaker 2: Of course it's going to be. You tell.
Speaker 1: You should buy him a dog. Clan, we should buy him a dog. Your wife is away this weekend with the two big boys. It's just you and Archie. We should buy them.
Speaker 5: A pet, sweppy, babysit.
Speaker 2: My dog.
Speaker 1: Would love a puppy.
Speaker 6: I'm not a puppy. We are a lizard family. Maybe who works on our production team has made a kid cry?
Speaker 14: Maybe story It was a few hundred of them, actually one hundred kids, maybe a couple hundred. So was I used to do sound for an outdoor movie theater and it was a family event. It was Frozen was the movie that was playing. So they were all like dressed up right yep, credits start rolling. This song starts playing, and I'm like, okay, time for me to pack it up.
Speaker 2: So I fade the music out.
Speaker 14: And then fade in the reggae pack up music and start packing everything up.
Speaker 1: Oh, the kids didn't like it.
Speaker 14: I came out from behind the truck and there was kids crying, and this little kid was like, what happened to Elsa?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, but you know what, that's the way to get him out quickly.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 6: This is such a audio video, guys, pack up song.
Speaker 2: You can see him all there, cables, parents lit up.
Speaker 1: We had my nephew living with us, as you know, for a little while. And what I thought would be cool because he loved opening my door and walking into our bedroom. What I thought would be cool is if I hadn't my led face mask on that lights up red.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's terrifying.
Speaker 1: He's only one, that's terrifying. He was like Loly Kelly and he walks in and I went with the ali. He screamed, cried, ran down the stairs, and he refused to go upstairs for the rest of the time he lived there because he thought there was I was like, no, it was me, and he couldn't work out that I was beauty.
Speaker 6: Sure, it's not the first person that's run out of the bedroom screaming, let's go to Diana.
Speaker 1: It's been a while, Jason, Diana, good morning.
Speaker 2: What's there we go?
Speaker 8: You guys going?
Speaker 1: Who did you make cry? How old were they?
Speaker 13: My nephew he was like sticks and he'd eaten a olives.
Speaker 8: You know, olives they've got pips in them.
Speaker 12: And I said to him, I.
Speaker 8: Don't mate, you've just swallowed the pits. And I said, do you know what that's got to come out at the other end?
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 12: He starts holding his bomb and he starts screaming. He's like, no, no, that's but.
Speaker 1: I remember my parents or someone told me if you ate watermelon seeds, they'd grow in your tumm Yeah, that's great. Kids will believe him. I still don't need watermelon seeds for that reason, just in case one grade the.
Speaker 2: Mask is quite terrified. Oh yeah, you shouldn't be doing it.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't like that at all, not one bit.
Speaker 2: What's the other option? What do you mean, like, just no makeup pre mask.
Speaker 1: I don't know you mean, Jason, it is just.
Speaker 6: Go on twenty four past eight. Hey, coming up, guys, we need to battle it out during the ad breaks on the other side of this.
Speaker 1: Oh yep, get ready Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Lights on sing along for Friday Jason Lawrence, Bloods, Bloods.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, Friday.
Speaker 1: It's Friday, It's a sunny Friday. It's going to be a top of thirty four. Today, I'm looking out the window on Clarendon Street, where often there are people quite miserable walking under umbrellas, people in shorts, T shirts, people have their toes out, the sandals.
Speaker 2: And doll nandos. Our video guy today, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't know how to react.
Speaker 2: They I loved it. S for the T shirt, walked in.
Speaker 3: He tucks the T shirt in, which is fruity shorts.
Speaker 1: I love fruity shorts.
Speaker 2: They are I'm a big fan of pretty short. They are small. More thigh you can see, the better, the more thigh you can see. There's there's a lot of thigh.
Speaker 1: You're a thigh guy. It's a thigh guy. It's a thigh guy. It's a thigh guy. Summer.
Speaker 2: I'm a calf boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not you're not. You don't. You're too old for the THI guys summer.
Speaker 2: More like.
Speaker 1: You're obsessed with the gym, so you can do but you're too old for it. But you're obsessed with you if I'm in a singlet, then you can't be. If your pins are out, cover your shoulders, if your shoulders around, cover some pinage, okay, okay, And if you can't have, if you got a low cut top, like never mind, you're not going to be doing that. Get your shout, get your out. I love a DT do you yeah? Because you want? You want? Always wear a little A little Vitamin D on the on the on the old thighs.
Speaker 2: On the thighs, Vitamin do all right?
Speaker 1: Lights on sing along, well, not Vitamin D. I'm talking vartamin C now, honey, it's lights on sing along Melbourne. This is where we play what we think is a banger. If you like it, you turn your headlights on and that gives you permission to sing away. Respect to other people in the cars also singing. Now. There are many kids. In fact, all the kids in year twelve finish their exams, their VC exams. At least lots of kids off at schoolies, kids are graduating. I don't know about you, but in year six I sung this and cried my eyes out again in year twelve, and I think again when we got five, thirteen, twenty four, guated it's an end of an era song.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 6: If you see people, turn their lights on and sing along, and thirteen twenty four ten if you're graduating, because we give you Vitamin C graduation enjoyant Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I love this song. Turn your headlights on if you love it Melbourne and sing along.
Speaker 6: Lights on, sing along. Here on Nova, I talked a lot about the best.
Speaker 2: Wow it was this time last year, were playing this. We were on one of our last shows.
Speaker 1: It was a year to the day, Jay, what you can There are so many kids around Melbourne graduating from high school, finishing year twelve, graduating from primary school, which I heard that song. Kids right across Melbourne saying farewell to this year and the phones have gone mad. Abby in Packingham, good morning.
Speaker 2: Morning, Abby, Good morning Jason Lauren.
Speaker 1: Are you graduating.
Speaker 13: Yes, I'm graduating Grade six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, graduating.
Speaker 1: Give a shout out to your school, Shout out to your class.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 13: I go to Saint Clairs Primary School. I'm in sixty.
Speaker 1: There you go, shout out to the class, well done for making it three year six and good luck in high school.
Speaker 2: Sis, my boy, I was into year six.
Speaker 6: Next year they're picking the senior jerseys are jumpers jumpers.
Speaker 1: Jacob and Beller out of you graduating?
Speaker 7: Yes? I just graduated?
Speaker 1: Yeah on you are you gonna What are you going to do next?
Speaker 7: I got an early offer for you and Canberra.
Speaker 1: Good on your brother, good well done. Year twelve is tough. Good on you. Enjoy the summer.
Speaker 2: If it all goes belly up, there's always radio right.
Speaker 1: Good on your Jacob, Tommy and that Martha. Good morning, Good morning. What are you graduating from?
Speaker 8: I'm graduating from primary school?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you excited?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 12: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for high school. He's sad to say goodbye the primary school. No, not, good on you, Tommy. How you want to do a shout out to your class?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, shout out to six P meant primary school.
Speaker 4: Well done six P.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to everyone graduating's today? Bro Oh yeah, such a special time, that summer before you start high school and that summer after you finish your twelve.
Speaker 2: It's the best, wasn't It wasn't our graduation song?
Speaker 1: No you, it might have been.
Speaker 2: No, I reckon yours would have been the same as green Day.
Speaker 1: Tom Oh, that was another good let's see you do it. Everyone's graduating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, goodness was around this tub last week.
Speaker 1: We're playing Christmas came, you know, we're doing graduating, this.
Speaker 14: Graduation another time by the stuck in the help you.
Speaker 4: Have the game.
Speaker 2: That's bringing back some memories Screen day.
Speaker 1: Oh, that was your graduation song.
Speaker 6: Time of your Life was also the soundtracks of the finale Sein felt.
Speaker 1: Oh, it brings a lot of memories of that song.
Speaker 6: I just got a few texts sleepy sedestions in tears, he's awake and in tears.
Speaker 1: Good on your sleeping out to everyone who's just graduated from year twelve or finished even you know what, just finishing school for the year, because school's a lot.
Speaker 2: I feel cheated.
Speaker 1: Finishing high school is tough, Finishing the primary school is tough.
Speaker 2: You cheated at school. I just feel cheated. I mean your not your graduation graduation song was it would have been that green day Mine wasn't that?
Speaker 1: What was yours?
Speaker 3: Green days look great? Probably a couple of years early for me. And we went off the rails us Friday, off.
Speaker 1: The rails after thirty on the front. Yeah, are you graduate?
Speaker 3: In fact, I would hate to feel like I wasn't included in this and you did the best.
Speaker 1: In school out of all of us.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I've just been handed. Clint's graduation song. Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Is what?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What is? This is? This is it? Let's set the scene. School Hall Yep, yep. It was called trested Hall. Actually sorry you said Hall?
Speaker 3: Glenn Wavey three one five Secondary College.
Speaker 2: This song does plenty High Mate does does screen public.
Speaker 3: We changed the words to the to the chorus to It's goodbye, but it's it's my life by.
Speaker 1: Jo Are you joking?
Speaker 4: Bye?
Speaker 1: Sing it a song for the brook In High good Bye, well done? Clink Stanaway's graduation song from You Joe, I.
Speaker 2: Take it back? Does scream? Glen Waverley doesn't? It really does throw the rules out. People are now ringing with.
Speaker 1: Their graduation song.
Speaker 6: Executive producer Brody the Thumb as the rules in this You're only wrong. What's what's going on? I see you frantically typing away on the left.
Speaker 1: We must have respect for where we work. Our music director is not very happy with me because he chooses the songs. Please Scott Baker Smith Morning Baker the Bread.
Speaker 2: So he's not happy with you or us. You do me, but by an extension you, so you get me.
Speaker 1: So what I think we should do is ask Melbourne what their graduation song was, because your twelve's are finishing.
Speaker 3: Finish, they need a congratulatory stung.
Speaker 2: They really do a twenty four ten.
Speaker 6: It is graduation request this morning, we will go to the phones on the other side of this, which you run to work.
Speaker 2: Latest in news end.
Speaker 1: Have we not even done the news yet? Terrific.
Speaker 3: Your mate Cheese just sent me your text saying John bon Jovi is made by morning.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Also, before we get out.
Speaker 6: Of here, we we are celebrating something very special today.
Speaker 1: It is I always say it takes one lap around the sun to heel from everything.
Speaker 2: We will get to that. On the other side of this, you're on Nober one hundred.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Melbourne. Welcomeing Friday, very special Friday because it is graduation day for a lot of kid out there.
Speaker 1: Your twelve exams finished this week VC exams.
Speaker 2: It's well done. It's your twelve stressful.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I still have nightmares about twelve exams.
Speaker 6: Now what can I just say, like, it's not the end of the world, like.
Speaker 1: When you get your results, Yeah, it really isn't.
Speaker 2: You can pivot. Everyone can pivot.
Speaker 6: I went shocking, It's cool, absolutely sure. It just wasn't for me. I just I didn't connect with it. It didn't work out for me.
Speaker 1: I loved school.
Speaker 6: It works my ass off after school, like to get where I am. But you know, results weren't the be all and end all.
Speaker 1: No, that's it and well done. You've all made it through. Now it's going to be the great summer or summer you finish your twelve. This summer so much fun. But we have been this morning talking about graduation songs. I had, Vitamin C. Clinton had It's my It's my life, and they all change the words to it's goodbye.
Speaker 2: It's now. Ever, I had good riddance tmy life.
Speaker 1: All right, thirteen twenty four to ten, we're talking about what your graduation so was.
Speaker 2: Emily morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 11: Oh my god.
Speaker 13: I love having you guys back on the radios.
Speaker 8: While you're thank you thanks guys like something along Friday the best day.
Speaker 1: I'm calling to tell you.
Speaker 8: I have a car load of children going to school.
Speaker 10: We just dropped off our neighbor for his new ten exam.
Speaker 8: We sung our hearts out and absolutely loved it.
Speaker 1: Bob job is my man.
Speaker 13: I love him giving us the best morning ever.
Speaker 6: Emily, Are you saying we should do more graduation requests?
Speaker 4: Love?
Speaker 9: I would love more?
Speaker 2: You told them.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna put you through to Scott Baker Leo Smith, our music guy who is probably not going to agree with you.
Speaker 1: No, but we should do more graduation songs. I'm the boss of this show.
Speaker 2: I agree, Sarah, good morning.
Speaker 1: It slays clean clean?
Speaker 2: Do you agree? I agree?
Speaker 12: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Hi Sarah, Chopliver you.
Speaker 1: Push the b.
Speaker 11: We had at Salamris Himbo Morris.
Speaker 13: We had brad Grave six graduation song, We are the Champion.
Speaker 1: Good graduation banger, Oh.
Speaker 4: My friends, and.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: You can imagine all the year sixes in the hall with their arms around each other. Honestly, graduating year six. You think it's the biggest day of links Africa.
Speaker 2: Let's go to impose.
Speaker 1: I loved myself. I love it.
Speaker 2: Dana and Cheltenham. What was your graduation song?
Speaker 8: The friends theme song?
Speaker 1: Good one?
Speaker 2: Staying here? Brand can we get the clap brock here we go. I'll be there for you, Ready for the clap? Here?
Speaker 6: We got.
Speaker 7: Every day.
Speaker 10: That was go this.
Speaker 1: Way, not fast away.
Speaker 13: It's like West second, it has a ven day week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good need.
Speaker 9: I like that.
Speaker 1: County there for me to.
Speaker 2: Should we do one more? Yes?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Shoot, I could go all day graduation all.
Speaker 2: I need to go to Channel one today.
Speaker 1: Let's keep it, we'll say on the air all day. Yeah, graduation, we should it outside somethint.
Speaker 2: It is the one day my wife and children.
Speaker 3: Another playing your graduation classics on over one hundred all day.
Speaker 2: Let me have the day.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Joanne and williams Landing. What was your graduation song? Good morning guys?
Speaker 11: Mine was boiced to me in end of the Road.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we have to play the whole thing. I love this song.
Speaker 4: We're playing it. This is for you, Joanne.
Speaker 1: I love that song so fantastic.
Speaker 6: You know what was amazing watching the face of our gen Z producer who's.
Speaker 1: Never heard that song an education in bangers.
Speaker 2: You know you saying that I wouldn't have a clue. Have you heard of boys? The backshop boys? No boys? Two men? Boys to help? You're in the interested in boys? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That she brings the average age down. So that's good. Good on you, jen Z. Hey, thank you to everyone. We got so many calls about their graduation songs.
Speaker 2: What a time, Yes, what a time? I love requests Friday. It's so good.
Speaker 1: I don't know we're having in it's just.
Speaker 5: Happens.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have an award musical director here, best in.
Speaker 6: The business, Scott.
Speaker 2: It was Scott's idea. I think it's a music director, not a musical What.
Speaker 1: Did I say, musicals? Next Friday, we should do music theater.
Speaker 6: So you did make you did make Scott sound like he was John Foreman, Morning Melbourne.
Speaker 2: You're on Omber one hundred.
Speaker 6: We're doing a thanks to what if it is Ozzie for travel adjacent our and Clint's here as well.
Speaker 2: We're running a little bit late. You can blame graduation day on that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were having a sing along for all the all those who are graduating. Finished, we walk down memory Lane.
Speaker 6: But that is it for today, Friday, the twenty second of November.
Speaker 1: Yes, and just before we go, we just want to thank everyone for listening to our show. It was one year ago today no one wanted to listen to us on the radio.
Speaker 2: And shafted a year ago to the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had enough of talking about that, but we do want to say Thank you to everyone for listening to this show. We love waking up with you in the mornings. It's been a roller coaster of a year for us. Team here at Nova for backing us. We love being here. This has been the greatest professional year of my life. Sure, it's been so fun. So thank you to everyone for making this switch and sticking with us. And I think a year ago, if you could have told us we would be here right now doing this, our little minds would have exploded.
Speaker 2: Ago I was enrolling kids to school on the Gold Coast. It's nice. It's a nice upgrade, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's been so nice.
Speaker 2: We are two words happy, and we are thankful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love being here. Thankful.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, just checking.
Speaker 1: Thanks for thanks for listening to us. Melbourne. We love spending our mornings with you.
Speaker 6: We are getting out of here, guys, unlucky Ago.
Speaker 2: We will be back tomorrow on Monday. Sorry, back Monday tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We'll be back Monday. A few weeks left in US this weekend.
Speaker 2: Course thirty degrees thirty six.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, Melbourne turning it on. I've got friends all around the country who've been texting me saying how does Melbourne have the best weather in the country right now?
Speaker 5: Like I know this, weadon.
Speaker 1: We're smug about it too, aren't we.
Speaker 2: This rigs getting now this weekend. Good on you in the confines, your own home, absolutely under the.
Speaker 1: Cover of anywhere Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Short, short, short, short.
Speaker 6: At the moment, I don't think I'll be struck through the food court at Westfield South.
Speaker 1: Not inside but outside Melbourne. Get out and enjoy the sunshine. Slip slop, slap responsibly.
Speaker 2: In next good on your mom, See you Monday.
Speaker 9: By Jason Lauren Jason Lauren, Wake Up Feeling Good.
Speaker 1: Number one hundred Lauren on Socials