Speaker 1: On SCO lils Ostodio.
Speaker 2: This is the Wader Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Paney Show coming up tonight. The fallout from Lydia Thorpe's wild antics with calls for her resignation, Coalition and f Keith Pitt joins me shortly. Did you sent to Alan government under attack for its controversial housing plan that will see high rise towers at train stations across Melbourne. Josh Hammer will be with me later in the hour with the latest from the US, including Tim Walls adding to the Democrats men's issues and we never forget left he's losing it.
Speaker 4: Sure do you cut off contact with family members just because they are voting for Donald Trump? Yes?
Speaker 3: But first. The fallout continues from Lydia Thorpe's stunt during King Charles's reception in Canberra yesterday, where she had this to say to him.
Speaker 5: You got aside against our people. Get up our land back, give us by your.
Speaker 3: Style from us, our bones.
Speaker 6: Our scar, our baby, our people.
Speaker 3: You dead.
Speaker 1: We want the.
Speaker 3: Training in this country.
Speaker 7: Give up a.
Speaker 3: This is not your lad.
Speaker 4: This is not your lad.
Speaker 3: Not surprising, Lis Senator Thorpe has received attention from media outlets around the world, with UK outlets in particular being shocked by her behavior. She's awful at the sudden newspaper said, King Charles Heckler should be ashamed for appalling behavior. It's a disgrace, they wrote. As she also made an appearance on Sky News UK and she repeatedly clashed with hosts Kay Burley. Have a look I did.
Speaker 8: Why did you call him genocideal.
Speaker 9: Which is the king's speech?
Speaker 8: Why did you call him genocidal?
Speaker 7: He waited till the end.
Speaker 8: Why did you call because there's a genocide.
Speaker 9: There's thousands of massacre sites in this country from invasion and someone needs to answer for that, and that's he is the successor, then he needs to answer.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: One of your colleagues, one of your colleagues described you as abusing your position and your intervention was disgraceful. How do you respond to that.
Speaker 9: I'm not fussed about what people say about me. I will continue to fight for justice for my people. We are the real sovereigns in this country. The king is not our sovereign. The king lives in your country. He's from your country. He can't be our king.
Speaker 7: So I don't really.
Speaker 3: She also had this to say to gb News reporters just after the altercation.
Speaker 10: I got carried out by the AFP, so I didn't get a chance to look around on who was supporting me. But I certainly got a few nods from Aberiginal people in the room to show that they support my resistance.
Speaker 3: This morning, Peter Dutton made his feelings known on this issue. We'll hear from him, and we'll also hear Senator Thorpe's response should she resign.
Speaker 11: I think there's a very strong argument for somebody who doesn't believe in the system, but it's willing to take quarter of a million dollars a year from the system to resign in principle. And if you were really truly about your cause and not just about yourself, then I think that's a decision that you would make well.
Speaker 10: First of all, Dutton say it to my face, because every time I see him in Parliament he walks in the opposite direction.
Speaker 12: I really don't care.
Speaker 13: What Dutton says.
Speaker 14: I'm in this job for another three and.
Speaker 3: A half years and I'm not looking to be re elected.
Speaker 15: I'm looking to get justice by my people.
Speaker 3: Joding me now is Deputy Executive Director the Institute of Public Affairs, Dan Wilder. Can Lydia Thorpe really be part of the resistance, as she calls herself if she's also part of that system she collects a salary as an MP, she sits in the Australian Parliament, in the upper House, she swore an allegiance to the king or Queen in her case.
Speaker 1: Well, that's right, Rita.
Speaker 16: There's only twelve senators from Victoria. Lydia Thorpe is one of them, and apparently she's the one that's being oppressed that work. So I think what Peter Duncan said is right. You know, you're happy to draw a quarter of a million dollar salary from the system that you say is racist, oppressive and colonial. People can see that this doesn't add up. You've even had, you know, the activist class in the Indigenous area disassociating themselves from Lydia Thorpe. And I think most Australians look at this and say, look, if you want to have a debate about the republic, fair enough, you know, you can have a view on whether you want to stay as a monarchical nation or not. But the reality is that this is self serving. Of course, Lydia Thorpe used to be in the Greens. She was elected as a Senator only because she was on the Greens ticket, So she's really living on borrow time. And I think that most Australians have just had a gutfull of of this kind of behavior.
Speaker 1: And of course she has form in this area. Reader.
Speaker 3: I do worry though that she will be re elected. We have seen this before and we are talking about Victoria. Do you think think at the next election she's going to be out the next time she has to be re elected.
Speaker 16: I think she'll struggle. But you are right to point out that it is Victoria. Anything can happen in Victoria, Rita. And you know, we have seen a lot of activism and real lacking of political leadership across Australia and particularly in Victoria on these issues. And the thing that concerns me is the kinds of things that Lydia Thorpe talks about, particularly around treaty and so called truth telling. Well, that's exactly where labor are going. You know, labor is going in that direction at a state level, at a federal level, you know, voice treaty truth that's what the Prime Minister committed to you know, on his first speech as Prime minister, that was his top promise to the Australian people to deliver that very radical agenda. Now, thank heavens, that was rejected. The voice was rejected by sixty percent of the public. But you know, we can see the left of the political spectrum being pulled in a very extreme radical direction.
Speaker 3: Now two Victorian premieres into Allen's grand plans to build fifty multi story housing complexes in a number of suburbs across Melbourne in order to help fix the state's housing crisis. But there's been speculation that this has been worked into a broader political play by the Allen government. The first ten locations set to receive these towers, I don't know if this is a coincidence, dand but they all tend to be in liberal leaning areas. Here we go North Brighton, Middle Brighton, Hampton, Sandringham, all Bayside and you've got Tuak Village in Tuak, Armadale, Malvern and Hawksburn among the top ten, and then also Hawthorne. Is that just a wild coincidence that these train stations and these suburbs are going to receive twenty to twenty five story towers. Certainly, the premieer was met with some very angry locals during her announcement of the plans in Brighton. I'm interested in your response because I do wonder if those who are complaining are guilty of being Nimbi's.
Speaker 1: Well rita.
Speaker 16: This is a very bad policy, clearly being made for political reasons. As you point out, these are all in Liberal seats, including a job a pseudo seat in Hawthorne, which is one of the.
Speaker 1: Key areas there. There's a lot of problems with this.
Speaker 16: Firstly, this is anti ethical to the Australian way of life.
Speaker 1: Australians want to.
Speaker 16: Live in detached houses with a bit of land so that they can raise families. That's been an instricable part of our culture. They don't want to live in dog box apartments twenty thirty stories high up in the air. They've not paid any attention to the locals here, and as I say, it's been done for political reasons because Labor believes that people who rent in high rise apartments are more likely to vote for Labor than they are Liberal. Now, I think that that's a contested proposition, but Nonetheless, that's what is informing this decision now for the coalition in Victoria, this is an absolute line in the sand moment. They have to oppose these developments. They need to outline an alternative vision and plan for the future population growth of Victoria and Metropolitan Melbourne. So far, I think they've said that they oppose it on the basis that they haven't consulted with the community, which implies that they may support it if there was consultation with the community. So there needs to be a very clear, unequivocal response here that this is a bad policy that inconsistent, completely inconsistent with our culture and our values, and the Victorians do not want it.
Speaker 3: I can just see it creating these slums across Melbourne at these train stations, having these boxes built, having all sorts of incentives to have people buy them, and they're talking about discounts on stamp duty and all sorts of other things that they're going to introduce for new builds. I do wonder what it also will do to the housing prices in those areas. We'll talk about housing being more affordable, but it is the biggest asset most Australians hold. Dan and nobody wants to see the biggest asset they hold go backwards after they've slaved a way to be able to pay off that house.
Speaker 1: Well, that's right.
Speaker 16: What you're seeing in Victoria really is the destruction of the middle class and the aspirational middle class. And this is a part of that. Because who's going to be owning these apartments. It's going to be the super funds. It's going to be a lot of build for rent. I mean, they say it's about ownership, but a lot of these apartments will be for rent. And there's going to be a lot of foreign ownership, including from the Chinese Communist Party. We know, so you know, this is not about facilitating upward economic and social advancement, which has been a key cornerstone of the success of our nation. This is taking us backwards. And it's a part of a deliberate strategy because Labour knows that their biggest voting cohort, so those in the public sector, the growing corporate bureaucracy, those who are tethered to the assistance of government in one way, shape or form. We saw through COVID the destruction of the middle class of small business owners and that's continuing under policies such as this.
Speaker 3: Before you go, I have to get your thoughts on former nine newspaper columnists Clementine Ford. It's the same Clementine Ford who helped spread the names of hundreds of pro Israel Jewish creatives earlier this year.
Speaker 17: Will remember that.
Speaker 3: Well, she's come out with this bizarre take on the death of her mass leader Yaya Sinwa, So full moon in aris.
Speaker 13: I'm not an astrologer.
Speaker 18: I just followed along astrology pages and tarado and basically like a big how collectively went through the world last night astrologically speaking, and then to wake up this morning and see you know that you see the news and to see the way that the corrupt Western Empire is framing the targeting of sin Walk.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 3: Can you please translate for me? Be how astrologically speaking? Sinoa? What does it all mean?
Speaker 5: Dad?
Speaker 1: You're asking the wrong person. Reader.
Speaker 16: I've got no idea what Clementine is on about. And it's not the first time, and I'm sure i won't be the last time that I'm sort of lost for words in terms of her assessment of the situation. And look, I mean, she's got a lot of form in the area of strange commentary. She's after a bit of a headline, I think, and she's probably got what she wants, and I just think it goes to this point of, you know, the very bizarre kinds of commentary that we get out of some of these people these days.
Speaker 3: The far left never ceases to surprise. Dan Wild, thank you for your time this evening. Now let's bring in former Resources Minister and National's MP Keith Pitt Keith. It seems a group of protesters have perhaps been inspired by Senator Lydia forpes Antics. The anti colonial sentiment is certainly strong in the far left, and we now see a statue of Queen Victoria in Sydney's CBD vandalized this morning. What are your thoughts on those who think this country is illegitimate, it's built on genocide and we need a resistance for the indigenous community.
Speaker 19: Reader, I won't give you the full blob version. I'm not sure that you be AB will broadcast it. But firstly, what a disgrace will turn out by a senator for Victoria. This is the grand final streaker. But you can't work out whether they're trying to interrupt the game at a critical point or it's just pure exhibitionism and they want their ten seconds of glory. But ultimately, Senator the Thorpe's done enormous damage to the causes she says she supports. It's made Australia literally a laughing stock internationally. It's awful behavior. And to think that someone will be out there and mimic it in other places, well, they've got this completely wrong, completely wrong.
Speaker 3: Well on that stunt, she did swear allegiance to the Queen, didn't she You can't serve as a senator without taking the oath, that's my understanding.
Speaker 19: Well, that's exactly correct, and so to the Premier is from what I can recall, none of them ever bothered to show up either.
Speaker 1: But you do have to take an oath.
Speaker 19: And I did suggest loudly to Senator Thorpe that she might want to give up her salary from the invaders if that was her view, but I didn't get a response. She was not very far from me at all at the official welcome for the King in Parliament House. But the idea that you can have that sort of behavior and be a member of the Australian Senate and represent the state of Victoria. Well, I think Victoria invoters got an opportunity coming up whenever it is that the senator is up for reelection. And once again this is one we can thank the Greens for. Reader absolute extremists.
Speaker 3: Are you are you willing to debate Senator Thorpe. She did complain on radio that Peter Dutton whenever he sees her around Parliament House just goes the other direction. He doesn't confront her. If she is after a debate, would you be willing to come on Sky News and have a one on one debate with Senatility of Thought?
Speaker 19: I don't know, Senator thought, Well, I'm happy to debate anybody, doesn't matter which side they come from or well, we.
Speaker 3: Will try to make it happen. She's on the record wanting to have a debate, so let's go to her office and we will try to make it happen. And if she doesn't show up, I think that will say plenty. Now on that oath, she was called to swear the oath properly after she first gave us this performance.
Speaker 8: I thought so and sincerely.
Speaker 9: That I would be faithful and I bear true allegiance to the colonizing her Majesty Queen Elizabeth Senator.
Speaker 3: Thought and let's have a look at some of her other antics of her recent times. Here she is outside of Melbourne strip cob followed by her attacking at women's rights rally led by Kelly J. Keene. You man that stands with the like that someone in parliament you would be your personal love.
Speaker 1: This country and you.
Speaker 5: Get out of my face.
Speaker 3: Kingdom as the pilot.
Speaker 6: They know what biological text there, let's go.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't laugh, but it's such a person fit to sit in the Upper House, in the Australian Parliament.
Speaker 1: Read.
Speaker 19: I think this is the great thing. How good is Australian democracy? Absolutely anyone could be a member of Parliament, unless, of course you've got a criminal conviction of your bankrupt but literally anybody, and we have the support of the Greens. It literally is anyone. I clearly don't agree with Senator Thorpe's behavior. I think it's inappropriate. She's entitled to have a view, but I think she's done in chalcuable damage to her cause.
Speaker 1: And people are over it.
Speaker 7: They are absolutely over it now.
Speaker 3: Keith. Allegations of stabbings, fires and vandalism taking place across homeless camps in two inner city parks in Brisbane have forced Brisbane City Council to switch off power to these sides. The pictures coming out of there are shocking. This is not what you expect to see in a first world city.
Speaker 19: Well, this is what happens when people not only can't afford their rent, they can't afford their power bill and they are desperate, and desperate people do desperate things. I was talking to Senator former Senator Ron Boswell, not that long ago. Boss tells me he hasn't seen anything like this since the post war years, where they feel the Brisbane Exhibition showgrounds with tents for people who couldn't be housed. I just think it's a terrible reflection not only on our society but across all governments that this has been allowed. And you've got a labor government that well, what do they do? Brought in more than a million additional people with nowhere to put them. So how about we deal with this. This is a serious issue, and unfortunately, reader, I think there'll be more incidents like this because people just have such desperate need.
Speaker 3: And I think just looking at those images, there's a real fear someone could be seriously hurt or even die. You're having fires in these encampments at stabbings. It's just a terrible not just for those who are living there, but for those who live around these parks, who walk through them to get to home, to their homes or to their workplaces.
Speaker 19: And I've had similar issues in my electric We've had tents that catch on fire. You know, people are trying to get by with whatever they can find, and that means that you know, they do heat things up with their old traditional methods. And the worst part of this is in some cases there are children who are involved because they just can't find housing.
Speaker 1: And you put a lot of.
Speaker 19: Desperate people together, you get desperate acts and desperate outcomes. And it is past time that this was dealt with. And these people need somewhere to go, and they are not being helped by huge swaves of immigration prices they can't afford, and they're just being costed out of everything they try to attempt. I just think it's a terrible position to see the country and it should never have happened.
Speaker 3: Reader, never, Keith Pete, thank you so much for your time tonight. Let's bring in Victorian Libertarian MP David Limbrigg. He joins me in our Melbourne studio. David, thanks for your time. You've written in an op ed published exclusively on Elon Musk's X about the dangers of anti vilification laws. You're right. I can already guarantee you one thing. If these laws are implemented in their current form, one day, they will be weaponized against the pro palacedin inactivists the next. It's not a case of if, it's a case of when, and the when will be straight away. What makes you so sure of that.
Speaker 20: Well, I think one of the things that we need to think about is the people pushing these laws are often able to become the victims straight away. Now, the government said when they brought through these other laws recently that they tried to legislate away hate. With the Nazi salute laws, the government said, well, we hope that they'll never be used, and actually what happened was within forty eight hours of royal assent, someone was charged with these laws and they've totally backfired. I think that what will happen here is people are already gearing up to weaponize these laws as soon as they're enacted, and it'll be a race to get the first conviction.
Speaker 3: Do you see a lot of lawfare happening here, because we've seen that employed in the past, people working pro bono, and people are essentially going after their ideological opponents, anyone who has a voice.
Speaker 7: I disagree with absolutely.
Speaker 1: That's what will happen.
Speaker 20: And I've already been trying to outline some scenarios where this could happen, where the people that they thought were going to be targeted by these laws will actually be able to use them against their enemies. And this is what people don't think about. They always think about the speech of the people that they don't like, and don't think that they themselves could be targeted.
Speaker 3: Well, you are certainly trying to appeal to the logic and the free speech loving ways of the left. But the left these days they love censorship that I just don't expect it to be used against them. But you're right that the biggest problem with all kinds of government censorship is that it leaves someone to decide what the truth is or what is acceptable speech. A basic test for people who believe in censorship is to ask them to imagine what they think would happen if the person they hate the most was in charge. And you ask about the scenario if Peter Dutton is elected and here points a storage conservative I don't know, maybe like me to be the new E commissioner. Will the left be happy with that?
Speaker 20: Well, they'd be very interesting scenario with you as the new E Karen, and I'm sorry they wouldn't be happy with that. And that's exactly the sort of thing that could happen. That's at a federal level, but at a state level as well. You can still see the scenarios playing out in the future. You've got to remember that the laws are there forever, and they're going to be under all future governments, not just this one that you might like. They'll be under future governments that you might not like.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 3: Victoria's still manufacturers say they have been betrayed by the just into Allen government following revelations that over eleven thousand tons of steel to be used in Victoria's most expensive road project, the twenty six billion dollar Northeast Link, or sourced from China. They say this will likely result in job cuts. David, these projects are terribly over budget. In the case of the Northeast project, it's more than ten billion over budget. Is it fair enough that the Stell's coming from the cheapest source.
Speaker 20: Look, I think that taxpayers deserve to get the right product at the cheapest price, wherever that comes from. However, some of the things that have happened here. The government's actually asked these Australian steel producers to reserve production capacity, which is deeply unfair. And also you have to ask yourself, well, why isn't Australian steel more productive? You know, because of our energy policies, Because we have these policies on coal, we've made ourselves less competitive. And there's also some concerns about the quality of this stell, you know, is it actually a comparable product. I think there's a lot of questions here, and I think that these manufacturers, after being asked to reserve capacity, you have a right.
Speaker 1: To be upset.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the worst of both worlds. We're probably getting a substandard product and the project is still ten billion plus over budget. That's victoria for you. David Linbrick, thanks for your.
Speaker 1: Time this evening, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Still to come an extended edition of The Left. He is losing it. You'll be crazy to miss.
Speaker 17: That welcome back.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for lefties a losing air, and let's start lefties with a man who was once considered cool and at top of his game.
Speaker 17: No more.
Speaker 3: Trump derangement syndrome has broken Robert de Niro's brain, and he seems determined to continue to embarrass himself campaigning for the Democrats. Exactly who is this convincing them?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: But in the clur we all found?
Speaker 7: What in de clurb we all found? I don't in the club.
Speaker 3: We are all family now to transactivist Jeffrey marsh and he has a lot of videos about cutting contact with your parents, cutting contact with your family members, loved ones, and he's just found another reason to do that.
Speaker 4: Should you cut off contact with family members just because they are voting for Donald Trump? Yes, if so far they have not been able or willing to listen to compassion, to listen to kindness, to listen to you, or even to do their own research and discover that hatred is not the answer, that love and kindness is the answer. If they are unwilling to change, they they must experience consequences.
Speaker 3: He's terrifying. They must face consequences for what. Wanting a strong economy secure borders, safe cities for wanting men out of women's sports and women's spaces. Let's see what else old mate Jeffrey has to say. I'm a little scared.
Speaker 4: And you not withhold those consequences from them. The consequence in this case would be they don't get your beautiful, loving, wonderful presence in their lives. It's over and they are gone.
Speaker 3: That's the modern left for you, folks, mad as cut snakes and somehow fooling themselves into thinking they're tolerant and inclusive.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 3: Another celebrity brought in to push the Kamala bandwagon is pop star Billy Eilish. She stars in this cringy little video with mister Kamala Doug Knock him out, Knock him out, Ermoff and his daughter, who I'm told is a model. And there's also some other dude in the video I've never seen before.
Speaker 12: Everyone, second, gentlemen here, we've got to all get out there and make sure you're registered and make sure you're voting early for my wife and Mamola Kamala Harris for a president of the United States.
Speaker 15: You can go to I will Vote to check your polling place and make sure to vote early.
Speaker 1: I will get you.
Speaker 10: Voting early and vote FORMA.
Speaker 3: And here is another celebrity endorsement, this time from Lizzo president A.
Speaker 21: Oh my god, no, thank you for everything that you're doing. You're fighting for democracy for this country. I know it's hard, but you're so close. You're almost a your part, and I thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Let's win this.
Speaker 4: Go on.
Speaker 3: And listen here as pop star Lizo says that voting for the Democrats would turn America into Detroit. And that's a good thing. I'm so proud to be from this city.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 21: They say, if Kamala wins, then the whole country will be like Detroit, proud like Detroit, resilient like Detroit.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's have the crime through the roof, have the decay, the destruction that you see in Detroit, the fact that so many are fleeing the joint yet, really do we want to turn America into that? And one more celebrity endorsement before we get some aosc craziness. Here is Usher, who only a few weeks ago declined to do any sort of political messaging, any sort of political endorsement, but now here he is.
Speaker 14: I'm supporting Vice President Harris because she fights for everyone's rights for freedom, and it doesn't matter where you're from. She has a vision for our country that includes everyone. We've led through some very unfortunate realities.
Speaker 1: Of our past.
Speaker 3: However, we must learn.
Speaker 14: From those moments and understand that the voice that we have makes the difference that we want to see. We have to strive to not allow our past to define our future.
Speaker 3: Did he say that? Did he really say that? Now? Donald Trump's genius move to do some work experience at McDonald's was a hugely successful. Normal folk liked it and thought it was funny. Of course, he's mocking Kamala Harris for pretending she wants work. They're no evidence of that has been found so far, but they're left are having an almighty meltdown about Trump's Macca appearance, and AOC has decided he was mocking those who work at McDonald's. She's always so cluelessly wrong about everything and hysterical.
Speaker 22: Donald Trump putting on a little McDonald's costume because he thinks that's what people do. They're not trying to empathize with us, They are making fun of us. They're making fun of us. Donald Trump thinks that people who work at McDonald's are a joke.
Speaker 3: And here is the woman herself, Kamala Harris, earlier today. And yes, we got another word salad about aspirations, dreams, hopes.
Speaker 23: We have to tap into and rejoice frankly in the spirit of who we are as Americans, and we are and ambitious people. We have aspirations, we have dreams, We are optimistic by nature, and we I think value certain qualities in our leaders.
Speaker 3: Now, Tim Walls was on the View today and it was precisely what you'd expect, a softball, boring and at times unhinged affair. I've watched it, so you don't have to. You're welcome. Here are three highlights. Let's start with will Be Goldberg proving to the will that she doesn't understand election lules. And she's also here lashing ass at all Old.
Speaker 13: Musque and this people keep trying to buy the election. Yeah, billionaire Elon Musk has gone all in for you know who, and now he's giving out a million dollars a day to people who sign his super Pax petition. Now, I thought that was against the law, but apparently this then found some new loop stuff that allowed this to go. I thought you couldn't do this. What's happening?
Speaker 24: Well, I think that's what you do when you have no plan for the public, when you have no economic plan that's going to benefit the middle class, when you have no plan to protect reproductive rights, when you have no plan to address climate change and produce American energy, you go to these type of tactics.
Speaker 25: It's all about it's a concept.
Speaker 13: Aren't these tactics against the law, though, aren't you?
Speaker 24: Well, I'll let the lawyers decide.
Speaker 3: Even Elon has found some new loop stuff. Even someone as dense as Tim Walls knows that's not against the law, but he doesn't say it there, does he? Of course, it's not against the law to incentivize people to sign a petition. It's a petition, not a ballot. And given the Democrats have a big problem with male voters, why would they send Walls to a program watched by no men and no saying women either. Really, at least they gave him a present, So we've got.
Speaker 26: The view and a dad in pad.
Speaker 9: That to send the dre No, that's for you freshing up that wardrobe a little.
Speaker 8: But if you win, well you war it back. And come back and visit us.
Speaker 7: When you win, Well you wear.
Speaker 24: But that's what I was going to say, you know I'm wearing.
Speaker 3: And finally, here is Tim Walls claiming that he is a better shot than Republicans and has the trophies to prove it. If you believe that, you'll believe anything.
Speaker 25: So you're out hunting pheasants?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 25: Is that enough to convince people there's a middle ground on this issue because right now, right now, right wingers are coming after you for how you handle are your shotgun?
Speaker 24: Well I can shoot better than I.
Speaker 12: Got the trophies to prove it.
Speaker 3: Still to car, we'll have all the lators from the US, including the let's meltdown after Donald Trump's shift at Macca's.
Speaker 17: Josh Hammer joins next Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Newsweek's senior editor at Large, Josh Hammer. Josh Elon Musk has been busy catching rockets and talking politics, and this little anecdote he tells about a voter who tried to show his ID shows just how crazy the system is in America and why so many people have little faith in the integrity of elections.
Speaker 15: A friend of mine went to a vote in Palo Walto in California, because he was like, is this real or not? And he tried to show his ID and it was like a like presenting across to a vampire, like they're.
Speaker 14: Like, no, no, put the idea away, Josh.
Speaker 3: Polls show that the majority of Americans, not just the majority of Republicans, support voter ID. Why are the Democrats so dead set against the idea?
Speaker 26: So, reader, First of all, I actually voted early. I'm wearing my little sticker here. I'm wearing my voted early sticker. I actually went to local poll here in Florida and I voted just about three hours. I'm talking to you, So for any Americans out there in the audience, I would strongly encourage you to do what I didn't, to go in and vote early. There is no reason to leave this to election day now. Personally read in my own personal opinion on this is that I think it should be only one election day.
Speaker 7: Make a national holiday if you have to.
Speaker 26: I don't like this whole early voting thing, but as long as that's the rule here in America, I intend to take advantage of it. On the voter I D thing because three hours ago when I vote in Florida. I showed up with my voter ID and it was basically a cakewalk. I have no good reason as to why Democratic elites. And here's the key point, it really is only Democratic elites. This is an issue that polls like seventy five to twenty five, seventy thirty, depends how exact that you want to do it. But a majority of Hispanics, a majority of Black Americans. There is really no demographic subgroup in America that I am aware of where a majority does not support voter ID legislation. Because walking around here in the United States, you need a voter I D to do basically anything. You want to go into a government building to get a marriage certificate, or you want to talk about your taxes, whatever, you need to show your voter ID. You want to go buy a case of alcohol, a bottle of vodka to keep whatever.
Speaker 7: You need an ID.
Speaker 26: You want to bor an airplane, you need an ID. It makes no sense what soever that you would not need an ID to do something as powerful, as important as actually choosing the direction of the fate of our republic. And I can think of no reason, frankly, to oppose this other than that you actually want illegal aliens to vote, You actually want fraud. I have to conclude that actually is the reason.
Speaker 7: Reader.
Speaker 26: I'm trying not to be cynical here, but I cannot think of another reason.
Speaker 7: I just can't.
Speaker 3: Josh, You're so right, as you said, the overwhelming majority of Americans support voter IDs. So why would the Democrats be so against it? Unless there is some dishonest reason. Why wouldn't you want to boost confidence in elections when that confidence has really fallen in recent years. Now it is also becoming increasingly clear that Democrats have a big problem with mail voters, white, male voters, black, Hispanic. It's across the board. And how are they addressing this issue while they're sending Tim Walls to the view And predictably, he was asked tough questions. No had any of his outlandish claims, I don't know fact checked.
Speaker 25: Right now, right wingers are coming after you for how you handle are your shotgun?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 24: I can shoot better than I got the trophiesh to prove it.
Speaker 3: What do you think is this interview going to boost their chances with mal voters? And what is the answer to that problem? Because it's obviously one they're grappling with.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 26: You know, I think for every second that that Tim Wall sat down on that set with the not so very fine ladies of the view, he's probably losing testosterone in real time, frankly. So, you know, if they're trying to make inroads with the male voter, that they have clearly alienated. You know, by the way the media Rita. Speaking of the media, they also misrepresent this gender gap here in the twenty twenty four election. They talk all the time about how Republicans have a women problem, and they usually blame it on the abortion issue.
Speaker 7: They never talk about it.
Speaker 26: They never talk about the fact that men are going to vote for Trump over Kamala Harris at a historic rate. And part of that is because they're not willing to actually be introspective and to look into the mirror a little bit and ask them very difficult, pointing questions as to why that might be the case. First of all, I think you have to look at the transgender issue, the whole notion of gender ideology. The overwhelming majority of men in America are not down for that. I don't think the majority of women are down for that either. It definitely is not something that men want to hear when you try to tell them that if you feel like a woman, you can actually be a woman. You know, how about just good old school fashion, common sense, about trying to instill virtues in men, trying to get men to be protectors of the home, to marry young and to have children and to raise family.
Speaker 7: You know, all the great virtues.
Speaker 26: That men who are who are trained in those virtues have been able to rise to over the centuries. The Democratic Party in its current form has no interest in this whatsoever. They are solely interested in demasculating.
Speaker 7: Men out there.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 26: I don't know exactly how they get themselves out of this, because they're really in it pretty deep at this point, but at a bare minimum, at a bare minimum, a.
Speaker 7: Good place to start.
Speaker 26: We to stop with all the DEI woke nonsense, because the entire current paradigm through which the left operates here in America and I guess the Western World War generally, when you talk about diversity, equity, inclusion, wokeism, it all ends up being basically a war against men, against whites Christians, and really white Christian men above all. And unless until the Democratic Party stops these explicitly racist anti white explicitly anti male sexist policies. I don't think that you're gonna see those kind of voters go back anytime soon. You know what happens to the good old fashioned barl luth king junior sentiment. Judge me not by the by the color of my skin or my genitalia structure. Fucking extractly, how about we just judge everyone beast on the continent of their character and their individual merit.
Speaker 7: That would be a better America.
Speaker 3: I think, well, they're very dirty words these days, Josh. You know, things have moved along in progressive circles. Even the word merit is got all sorts of connotations for those folk. Kamala Harris, though she is succeeding in not just alienating mal voters. But you've got to wonder hammid longer can the Jewish community so strongly back the Democrats. Have a look at this interaction at a campaign event where she agrees with a crazed protest accusing Israel of genocide. Just look at the short video of this.
Speaker 7: Ninety thousand children are dead. Go to column ninete, So.
Speaker 23: Listen what he's talking about. It's real, and so that's not the subject that I came to discuss today, but it's real and I respect his voice.
Speaker 3: Naturally, the Harris Wolfs campaign wants you to not to believe your lying eyes or ears. They denying that she agreed with the protester, but it's they're on the tape or you heard in that clip he accused Israel of genocide. Use that word. He then said they're responsible for ninety thousand children being dead, and she agreed with him. Again. How is it that so many in the Jewish community continue to back the Democrats even when they show that community where they stand on this critical.
Speaker 26: Issue, Reda, You're bringing up here a topic that I have been yelling about and ranting about since I was in middle school or high school. This has always been one of my lifelong pet thieves, is how politically stupid and self hating the American Jewish community is. Now, you know, it's worth noting that the American Jewish community is actually something of an international outlier when it comes to voting for the Party of the Love.
Speaker 7: So I refer to you.
Speaker 26: I could be wrong on this, but I think that historically the Australian Jewish community tends to vote for the right of center party. That is definitely true for the most part in recent elections in the UK and Britain. It's definitely true in Canada. Israel, by far the biggest Jewish population, is clearly a right of center country these days. So so America is something of an outlier.
Speaker 7: Tragically. I think that there are numerous reasons for this.
Speaker 26: Part of it is actually the metastasist of a deeply theologically progressive strand of Judaism, reform Judaism here in the United States, which is really not particularly popular outside of America in the world. But when you look at at Jewish voters when they tell polsters what issues they most care about rita, I mean, it basically reads like satire or parody. I mean a plurality of Jewish voters are having issues like climate change, immigration, justice, abortion on demand. It's galling the percentage of my fellow Jews here in America who actually vote on what we might call Jewish issues, whether it is support for Israel, whether it is religious liberty first amen values more generally, it's it's much much, much lower than it should be now. Thank God that that actually is starting to slowly change for demographic reasons.
Speaker 7: If nothing else.
Speaker 26: Because religious Jews have more children, they have more families, they tend to be more politically conservative. So so I think that this whole conversation is actually going to look a lot different, God willing, ten to fifteen years from now. But for now, you know, Unfortunately, Kamala Harris is probably not going to lose a ton of voters when it comes to this particular exchange because the kind of people that are voting for her don't really care very much about this particular issue. Having said that, I do predic Donald Trump's going to probably win about forty percent of the Jewish vote, thirty eight to forty percent of I had to put a number that would actually be the highest percentage since Ronald Reagan. It's still less than fifty percent. Still have a lot of work to do there, but that would be a pretty good result overall.
Speaker 3: Now, before you go, I've got to get your thoughts on Donald Trump doing a stint at McDonald's. The Democrats are losing their mind over this, The left wing media losing their mind over this. They're busy telling us that it was a media stunt. He didn't really work a shift. As if anybody thinks a billionaire and presidential candidate is actually working shifts at McDonald's. They're feeling the need to fact check this tell me about the merits of what he did and was it worth it?
Speaker 7: Oh? This was absolutely brilliant. This was political mastery.
Speaker 26: I mean, whoever had this idea is an absolute rock ribbed genius. I mean what we saw there, this photo of Donald Trump in the McDonald's apron, looking out the window, waving, smiling to whoever he had just served the Happy Meal or the Big Mac too. I mean that instantaneously has become, in my estimate, the second most iconic photo of the entire twenty twenty four presidential cycle, only after Donald Trump and Butler Pennsylvania with the bloody face raising the fist with the American flag. That's an old time historical photo. But this is honestly, like not a very distant second. This is a pretty close second. It's just genius stuff. Kamala Harris I maybe a week or two ago, was talking about how she worked in McDonald's and they couldn't find the record. So Donald Trump says, you know what, I'm just gonna go work at McDonald's. And most important, he looked like he was enjoying it. He's either a fantastic prior like an Oscar winning actor, or he was actually enjoying it. I think it's the latter. I think he looked like he looked like he's probably really enjoying it. He thrives in this setting of actually interacting with real blue collar, in the flesh Americans, and that kind of gets ultimately at Donald Trump's appeal, which is, yes, he is the Fifth Avenue New York City billionaire, He's also a man of the people. He is fundamentally what I referred to time and time again as a class trader to the rule class from which he comes. Yes, he has elite credentials. He went to the Warden School at University of Pennsylvania. He's worth oodles and oodles of money. But his heart, his sentiments, and his general worldview are not with the coastal elites here in America. They really are with the country class, with the people in the river valleys in the Midwest and the South and the mountain West and whatnot there. That is why I think he's going to win this election. It is McDonald's serving Big Max just like this that I genuinely do think you're going to deliver the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and therefore the presidency to Donald Trump come November fifth.
Speaker 3: Josh Hamma, thank you so much for your time this evening. That's it from mail seer at eleven tomorrow up next is Newsnight.