Speaker 1: Apodjae Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mom?
Speaker 1: Podcast?
Speaker 3: Where we constantly asked that question, am I a bad Mom?
Speaker 1: Again and again and again.
Speaker 4: I also get now because my kids are old enough, mom, you're being a bad mom?
Speaker 1: Like this is content via podcast.
Speaker 3: I've said numerous times that as the kids get older, you really got to do some work on yourself and your self esteem because they make you feel like shit, like oh, literally put clothes on and they'll like look me up and down like mean girl, like what are you wearing?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Just before when you were saying it, and I was commenting about how nice you look, and I was like, look, we're on a camera.
Speaker 1: This is great.
Speaker 4: We should use this piece of content on a camera because you look lovely. You said, Oh, do you know what Holly said to me today?
Speaker 2: You look like a watermelon.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting you going you're really nice, and your child goes you look like a watermelon.
Speaker 3: It's like being back at school and being bullied, and like, I was really lucky.
Speaker 2: I didn't really get Oh, I got Michelle. I remember Michelle.
Speaker 3: She told me that I couldn't play with them and if I wanted to I just had to be a tree, and so I would stand in the playground like that as a tree. And that was her being nice because she did once say you can just be the thin air.
Speaker 1: Who the fuck is Michelle? Have that pipe down? I'll do whatever I want.
Speaker 4: I would have probably been that person in the playground that would have belted Michelle.
Speaker 1: Then you wonder why my kids are late? They are. I have to say though, just carrying that on?
Speaker 4: Is that twice this week from both children I have had haymum, when you grow out of this?
Speaker 1: Can I have these?
Speaker 4: I was like, if you aren't going to get any bigger, I'm not going to give them because my feet aren't going to grow out of them. I don't have what you have, which is changing feet every five minutes, like I am fully grown. Elsie goes, well, just when I get big enough, I'm going to take them, okaye.
Speaker 1: And then Gracie sees like a brand new T shirt and she goes, oh, I really like that.
Speaker 4: She goes, when you grow out of that, you might grow like and I was like, what get bigger and not be able to wear it?
Speaker 3: But you've got to enjoy that stage because once they get to teenagers. They don't think anything that you wear is nice. I've saved stuff for them, Rach, Like, I've been through my wardrobe and gone, I'm never going to get in that mini skirt again, like things like that or that dress is a bit skimpy now bit mutton, and.
Speaker 1: And that is so good. I've not known that for you.
Speaker 3: And I've kept stuff for them, and I was like, look at what I've got you like even like denim.
Speaker 2: Jackets, Like what's wrong with that? I like leave eyes and like.
Speaker 1: Leave us back in? Aren't they like? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: What I've realized is that it's not that they don't like the clothes. It's just that they think anything that was mine is really like it.
Speaker 4: It's no, it's just a no mum. Well, at least they still like what I wear.
Speaker 1: Am I a bad mum for rewriting their story? Yes?
Speaker 3: So, as we know, your husband, Sam Thaday was last night's winner of I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here. But there's so much that we haven't talked about, Like, for example, you and I chatted about the letters from Home.
Speaker 1: So he's been in the jungle for weeks and weeks and weeks.
Speaker 4: The kids aren't missing him like crazy, but have loved the idea that they can watch him every night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that has definitely helped.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite episodes been the dancing. You know, they all had to do the dancing, the twerking.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I had so much satisfaction showing that to Gracie right before school because they haven't been staying. It's too late, right, so they only get to a certain time. And then I'm like, okay, bed, whatever you miss I'll let you know, or it'll be online tomorrow. This particular thing of him dancing that's all over online.
Speaker 1: I didn't even see it. You're watching masks. I don't because they're going to bed.
Speaker 4: Ah, it's just a train wreck.
Speaker 1: I cannot anyway, so I couldn't wait.
Speaker 4: Joe Gracie the next day, just before she was going to school, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, Hey, do you want to see eat dad did last night?
Speaker 4: And I showed her and she was like, oh she was flipping. Oh my god, I'm so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: I can't even walk into the school yard now people don't know Dad's dad. That's disgusting. Why did he open his shirt? Anyway?
Speaker 2: It was so I watched it and when yes, there he is.
Speaker 4: Yes, then there was another opportunity for the girls to be able to connect with him.
Speaker 1: You know, they ask you to write a letter from home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they do that as an episode, like it's a really whole life. They all sit around and they read each other's letters home, and it's.
Speaker 1: All it's so like I didn't realize how emotional it was.
Speaker 2: But like I cried, I'm not even in there.
Speaker 4: So I just literally said to the girls, go and write Dad a letter, and it has to be one page, and then bring it back.
Speaker 1: Elsie's is folded, got a little bit of a.
Speaker 4: Story in there, maybe about three sentences, and then Graces is like dear Dad, and it's like point by point by point of her whole life over the last five weeks, and then a photo. I had to rewrite their versions into one page because it's said on their no more than one page, okay, right, join blay the like the whole thing, the actual actual one that went live.
Speaker 1: So they snipped my snipped version of the story.
Speaker 2: You'll read it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can hear it. First of what says Daddy's out here.
Speaker 4: The girls are literally screaming at you every single night, hearing.
Speaker 1: You on, trying to call you their dad.
Speaker 4: They want you to know that we're all good here actually in our own jungle.
Speaker 1: Three women in one household is like living.
Speaker 2: In the Marc room talent.
Speaker 1: Ha. He's crying right now. I'm cool.
Speaker 4: You're right.
Speaker 1: And leaning into every day as it comes. Love you to the moon and back and EVTs crying.
Speaker 4: Well, then they show the photos, so now you can see I know two that's the two snippets.
Speaker 1: That's the back of G's and then the other one.
Speaker 3: The thing that I love the most about my girls is they have huge hearts. But they got a lot of moxy about them too, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Speaker 1: It's really nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm really glad that you can sit here and tell us actually what happened?
Speaker 4: That was beautiful, so nice, right, And I had to summarize both of their letters.
Speaker 1: That was Elsie's.
Speaker 4: The front of Elsie's it literally says, too, Sammy, I love evt okay.
Speaker 1: And then that was the back of Grace's.
Speaker 2: Call him Sammy, does she no?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: And then that's the back of Grace's with the photo and she says ps we don't accept second place in this house.
Speaker 1: Pps, I love you gg.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us what the letters said? Originally?
Speaker 4: So originally I was like, if I went through graces, you know everything that's going on in her life.
Speaker 2: Literally it was literally, dear dad, this happened on Monday.
Speaker 4: I broke up with such and such. Don't worry, I broke my foot. Elsie's was literally too summi love evt open it up. It said, Dad, stay in the jungle as long as you can. It's just like camping with no tent. Also, we don't accept second place in this house, so don't come back.
Speaker 2: With don't come home. And that's sure the winner you have to be king of the jungle.
Speaker 1: You're not welcome back home.
Speaker 2: And so what the producers didn't want nothing?
Speaker 1: I couldn't said that. I was like that goes live people. They won't understand who we are. Obviously.
Speaker 4: Now I summarized it into one YEP and just sort of owned it down a bit. Didn't put all the details about breaking feet and all those sorts of things. This is how I wrapped it up. We all hope that you're loving being in the jungle. The girl said, it's suit's dad, keep doing us proud, keep opening your heart and leaning into every day. Gracie said, don't worry. We are happy and protected, so don't worry about a thing other than bringing your crown of just being yourself in the jungle.
Speaker 1: Elsie said, Dad, we love you so much.
Speaker 4: Keep living in the jungle. It's like camping with no tent. And remember first place always counts. You've got this, Oh god, we have. We have your back, love you to the moon and back. You know, it's all there.
Speaker 1: But I had to rewrite their stories.
Speaker 4: I felt a bit bad about that, but at the same time kind of needed to generalize it but also just take out that part of like, oh my gosh, if he reads this bit. Everyone else was like sentimental and like we miss your own proud of you and your extraordinary.
Speaker 1: We said that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was enough, but there was also like some unless you win, don't bring anything else home other than the crown.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if you're allowed to say or not, but he was struggling a little bit to start with because he was so worried about you guys at home and you having to take on everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the night that he was handing his phone over there was a part of like ride.
Speaker 1: At the start before it even got in.
Speaker 4: Obviously weren't allowed to go anywhere and do any of that because he was just anticipating going into the jungle. So he handed his phone over like a week out and he was doubting at that. He's like, oh, I've changed my mind.
Speaker 1: Oh I need to get out. I can't do this and like and I was like, too bad. Ro you signed up? There's lock a load.
Speaker 4: Basically the producer touches base when they.
Speaker 1: Need something from you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And at that time they were like, oh, it's pretty flat. So they all go through like these lulls apparently of like being really good and then being really low, and they were just concerned that he wasn't going to pop up from the lull again.
Speaker 1: But he did.
Speaker 4: He came back stronger than ever with his dances to it, and he's half stripping, that's what Gracie called it.
Speaker 1: Why is he stripping on TV? I was like, oh, god
Speaker 3: Knows, Yeah, well paid off stripper Sam for the wind