Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to separate bathrooms. We would like to acknowledge the Gadigal people of the ear Or nation, the traditional custodians of this land, and pay our respects to the elders, both past and present. A big Christmas welcome and hello from me cam Dado and Ali Dado.
Speaker 2: Indeed, happy holidays to everyone listening.
Speaker 3: Happy Halidays. It's free American of you well.
Speaker 2: Because it encompasses everyone, because not everyone celebrates Christmas, correct, but everyone is usually on holidays this time of year.
Speaker 3: Are you feeling light?
Speaker 2: Yes? I am. I am actually the year that was. I love this time of year. I really love this.
Speaker 1: What do you love about this time of year?
Speaker 3: Honey?
Speaker 2: I mean it's when things just slow down and stop and there's nothing to do but just be with family and be together and go for a swim and have a hamburger. And I don't know. And I love present giving. I love I've always loved present giving and I love it.
Speaker 1: Can I say when we first met and you used to give.
Speaker 4: Me too many gifts? You give me so many gifts, and I'd have one sitting there for you, and I'd oh my gosh, he's giving me thirteen gifts and I've just got this one, and then next year I'd find three.
Speaker 1: Or four and then you give me twelve gifts.
Speaker 2: But I never mind it. I know you.
Speaker 1: Would say that give but I that, so I would buy it. Sometimes I'd just buy shit, you know, by GAK and it just to fill up.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you would buy things that you wanted.
Speaker 3: I know that happens.
Speaker 1: Well that's where it mostly ended up. I'd give you a couple of things that you I knew you really wanted, but then other things were like, oh, we could have this, and then it's something I could.
Speaker 2: Have that year me, the chainsaw was disappointing, I have.
Speaker 1: To say that, especially at six am. What about the weed whaker?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Well, this this Christmas, it will be a little different for us because we will be without our gorgeous son and his boyfriend. This is the first time ever without Riv. But we do have Lotus back, so we've kind of we've swapped them out.
Speaker 3: But it is it is Miles going to be with us.
Speaker 1: Miles is Lotus's boyfriend. Yeah, so just be Lolo.
Speaker 2: It'll just be Lola and boats. Yeah, and boats for a little bit.
Speaker 3: She'll duck off with her mates.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe not. And I'm going to see if we can keep her around for a bit. But we've been very lucky to have River and lock You for all these times. And Lock's mum and dad have not had the boys, so it's bad split it up so River will not have the traditions that we normally have for our Christmas Day, which so Ol.
Speaker 1: Made stockings for each of us, these fun stockings that get filled up by Sanna by Sana the night before, even to the point, so we had one of.
Speaker 3: The houses in the States, we had had a big mantlepiece.
Speaker 1: And so OL's gone and bought these hooks that sat on top of the mantelpiece, these brass things that were like very American, and then the then the stockings hung off the hooks. But because she's such a gift giver, the hooks became redundant because the stockings were so heavy that they fell off the.
Speaker 2: Mantle every time.
Speaker 1: So the hooks get put out, but the mantle, but the stockings end up on the floor and spilling with gifts.
Speaker 2: I think that's the difference. I don't know. I know you grew up with sleeping, no pillow.
Speaker 1: Case, pillow cases at the foot of the bed.
Speaker 2: I never had a pillowcase stocking ever. Growing up. It was just Christmas under the Christmas presence under the tree. Is stockings more of an American.
Speaker 1: Thing, I believe, So, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think it is.
Speaker 1: I would say, so. Yeah. The pillowcases. I don't know if that was a daddo thing, but they were Christmas pillowcases that went at.
Speaker 2: The end of the bed.
Speaker 1: Now, the thing was that Mum and Dad used to do, used to say to us was, uh, here's the pillow case. We'll put the pillowcase at the end of the bed.
Speaker 3: And so you're so excited, yeah, God, because you knew that pillowcase was going to be filled in the morning with stuff, you know, like Batman and Robin.
Speaker 1: Doles or whatever it was for us.
Speaker 3: But Dad said, if you open your if you can hear Santa, and you open and you look at him, all the presents go on. So we would go.
Speaker 2: To bed, take your eyes shut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you hear this.
Speaker 5: To hear this coming in and suddenly this down sort of rustling, and you could hear stuff being put into the thing. I'd be lying that hard to be pounding away, face be to the pillow, daring to.
Speaker 2: Look nothing like a strange man entering your bedroom in the middle.
Speaker 3: Of the night, bally wearing a red suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean our kids used to talk about. I mean they still kind of do that. The stockings are often their favorite part because it's just full of like we put all sorts of crap in there.
Speaker 3: They get a fuel card in there.
Speaker 1: Now Sander knows what they're.
Speaker 2: Doing with Santa is smart. Sanders have to change as they've grown up with the ideas. But yeah, they love, love, love love the stockings. And then we always start the day with a people would know it Big Mama's breakfast. That's been a tradition, which is a huge breakfast which I love to do.
Speaker 1: Which everyone really gets involved in creating. Yeah, so it's bacon and eggs and pancakes, cakes, fresh fruit, all that summer fruit, although in winter it was the winter fruit, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the big pots of tea with the cozy warm mos on it.
Speaker 1: And I this lot bread toast and.
Speaker 2: While the presents are just twinkling under there under the tree awaiting us. Well, actually we do the stockings as soon.
Speaker 1: As we Yeah, the stockings get done when we wake it done.
Speaker 3: But then we have and then we big Mama's.
Speaker 1: Breakfast and then it's off to the event and the turkey gets put in the oven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And that's been a big difference in the sense of America to Sydney, hasn't it That we brought the turkey in to our family Christmases now where so we've got that combo of like my sister brings the oysters, the prawns, and maybe the barbecue octopus, and we still do the turkey, the roast, potatoes, the veggies.
Speaker 4: I love the challenge of the turkey.
Speaker 2: You are so good at the turkey, thanks, honey.
Speaker 1: It's a four day process. The turkey happens well by the turkey defrosted and then it's got to be dry brined for four days sitting upside down in the fridge, so all the moisture runs to the breast, I know.
Speaker 3: And then and then it's.
Speaker 2: Then, mum, someone's got to make the gravy. As they say, I'm going to make the gravy. My mom's pretty darn good at it.
Speaker 3: She's really good at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, anyway, it's it's it's upon us. The turkey's already actually in the in the process of the.
Speaker 1: Brining it is, I know, and it will be coming out tomorrow of that and out of the plastic bag and the lemmon And that's what you're doing.
Speaker 2: A stopping my mouth's watering. Anyway, whatever you choose to do for this time of year, may it be wonderful. Maybe it may be joyful, peaceful and full of kindness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, Christmas is a special time and we hope that you get to wrap your arms around the ones you love and holding close.
Speaker 2: Be safe, Happy holidays everyone, Merry Christmas,