Speaker 1: This is Smallsy Surgery. Look who's here alive for the last week of the Surge of all time. It's guys Sebastian. Clap clapping, clapping.
Speaker 2: In you must can I just say thank you for being here number one in the last week because you were one of the first.
Speaker 3: Guests, one of the first ever book ending.
Speaker 2: Absolutely also too. I was gonna say, you must have breathed the sigh of relief when Bieber announced the album and it came out like a couple of weeks before yours.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, but it doesn't relent because then you've got Hilltop Hoods, also Adelaide and now Yeah, and then of course there's the Demon Hunters.
Speaker 3: Who can the.
Speaker 1: Demon Hunters go away?
Speaker 4: Yes? I think that's apparently my biggest competition this week.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, let's roll out the red carpet for his very last time in the Surge. Let's welcome tonight's guest, Sebasti.
Speaker 1: How you doing tonight?
Speaker 3: This guys Bassimo been Smallsey Surgery.
Speaker 1: There's somewhere the cool gone Guys Sebastian for the last time.
Speaker 2: Welcome mate, God, you know listening to all those songs there, God, I made you a lot of money, didn't you?
Speaker 3: Did you did? Where would I be? Where would be.
Speaker 1: I reckon?
Speaker 2: Over the course of this show, I would have done so many first plays and premies.
Speaker 1: And you have been in and out of this the doors of these studios, and.
Speaker 4: Don't so many times it goes unnoticed. In fact, I brought you a present to repay you. Oh, thank you all of that.
Speaker 1: You What have you bought?
Speaker 3: What have you got?
Speaker 1: A gift?
Speaker 4: A farewell Gift's got a farewell gift so that you can smell like me?
Speaker 1: Oh fantastic? Oh, this is this the new fragrance by the way, So I had heard this. Sebastian has pivoted from music. He's pivoting.
Speaker 2: He missed out, he missed out on Tesla shares, he missed out on man shares. So he's decided that he's going to do this is this is your fragrance, this is mine? Yeah, you just had When when did you come up.
Speaker 1: With that idea?
Speaker 4: So I did a couple for Chemists Warehouse for they were female sense and then the pressure was on for the It was the masculine one that I was feeling most nervous about because I'm I'm obsessed with smelling good. Your style is smelling good? Guy, Well, I my dad. He was always smelling good. So my dad was like a fly and fly out worker. He'd go and work in the minds are an oil. He was a geologist and and I just always remember dad smelling amazing.
Speaker 3: So I've named this. I've after Ivan is my dad and used to.
Speaker 2: So the fragrance is because I did see that you had a new fraime and I wasn't sure if it was Eve or I.
Speaker 3: And the mystery is what makes it absolutely I or it's I've done it. Doubt yourself.
Speaker 4: You think it's cool, Yeah, but it's very Look, it's wanting to create something that was different. It's if it's a genre, I wouldn't say I his pop.
Speaker 3: It's very smoky tobacco. I love that.
Speaker 4: A bit of mystery of miss Anyway, thank you all the royalties as a result of you right there all return.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Well, while you're here, let's plug your back with a brand new album. It's called one hundred Times Around the Sun. You got a brand new song called get It Done. This album four years in the making.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was, yeah, a bit over four years and just released it Friday. It's good to get there. I mean, obviously I've released a few singles off it. Yeah, it's great to get these ones out. It's my favor so far.
Speaker 2: Apparently you are made it Sydney to La to Barley to Nashville, recorded all those places, yes.
Speaker 3: But mainly in my studio here in Sydney.
Speaker 1: What did you do in Bali?
Speaker 2: I see you? I think BALLEI for you, I see you in a bing tang sing lot. No, that was and those big penis key rings.
Speaker 1: That's just what I said.
Speaker 4: There's two I've only ever done two writing camps. Artists do them a lot, but I've just never do them. There's only two I've done. They've both been in these Balley camps and they're so they're actually really fruitful, Like I get heaps of songs out of them, and so writers coming from all over the world, and you just the different person like speed dating. You're the different like person every day and you just write songs either you like for yourself for other artists and they've been really good, and then you just get massages and everyone gets blind.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Hey, well you know what, let's see what happened in balley. Let's listen to it. Brand new song is called get It Done.
Speaker 2: Guys Sebastian hanging out with us live for the last week of the surge. His brand new song is playing now right here at Nova.
Speaker 3: I'm a it's this is guys Sebastian been Smallsey Surgery.
Speaker 1: There's somewhere the cool for the last week of the Surge. Guys Sebastian is here. Thank you for being with us tonight. Man, I really appreciate it, honor. You know, what do you got in.
Speaker 2: Your favorite memories of me over the years? Any Small's favorite memories? I mean, it's all about you. New album by the way out now hundred times around the Sun. You're catching Guy on tour in twenty twenty six Guysabastian dot com. For the two days you're playing every capital city and some plus you'll also be doing some instore appearances. You'll be doing the Geelong Arts Center Wednesday evening that's tomorrow, and then Thursday evening you'll be at Westfield Knox.
Speaker 1: But now back to me.
Speaker 4: Fact to you, Well, the thing is I'll never forget and I've shared this story before, but there was a day and it is I'm very.
Speaker 3: Professional as you normally.
Speaker 4: But there was a day where I was very very loose and I and I only had one interview for the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was me, it was you, and it was at four o'clock.
Speaker 4: And I was at a golf like charity day.
Speaker 1: You'd been doing a lot for charity that day.
Speaker 3: I've been doing a lot. Yes, there was a lot of and you.
Speaker 2: Know what, just so everyone knows you reckon you were coming in hot I had no idea, which is great, that's a testimony to you. No.
Speaker 4: But then all I remember was getting in the car afterwards, and I was like, I put my feet up like I think, I put my feet up on the table like.
Speaker 2: I just you know, I thought you must feel very comfortable. I thought you must have been very comfortable, feeling very at home.
Speaker 1: I like to make everyone who can on Toto the show, I feel very cool.
Speaker 3: I had a few too many that day.
Speaker 2: The album is called A Hundred Times Around the Sun, as I mentioned, But then you're also going to be doing a couple of like album signings and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I love that old school stuff.
Speaker 3: It's so cool, it's so nostalgic.
Speaker 4: Like even I was in Adelaide for a few hours doing an Adelaide signing at a Westfield and then these kids coming up and they're so confused what this thing is and it's like a CD and they've never seen them before.
Speaker 2: That's not crazy though, that there'll be people listening who go, oh my god, I remember old school like in store meat and greets and signings, and there'll be like kids listening going what do you mean?
Speaker 3: And in store and install they're going to sign something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like back in.
Speaker 2: The day, right our artists used to like but man, I remember there's been some big ones. Yeah, Like it's like obviously all the Istralian arms used to do it, but like the internationals I used to come and do.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 2: I remember being a kid Backstreet Boys, like shut down Pitt Street Mall in Sydney. You do anything to promote an album and get a try and get a number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but you do what you have to do.
Speaker 3: You do whatever you can.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm in Geelong tomorrow and then and then we've got another one in Knox Westfield as well in Melbourne and that'll be it that I'm off to the UK and hopefully are you.
Speaker 2: Committed to meet everybody who lines up to meet you, because you know that used to be the story back in the day.
Speaker 3: If you miss one person.
Speaker 2: But there used to be there used to be some artists that would like, sorry, this is the cutoff. Everyone past this point cannot meet the artist.
Speaker 4: You can at the end whoever, but the catches it feels transaction off swear.
Speaker 3: It's not that they have to have a CD, because otherwise I would be there for nine hours.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's that's fair play.
Speaker 2: You've got to make sure you have a vinyl or a copy of the new album one hundred Times around the Sun.
Speaker 1: And then your guy will.
Speaker 3: Sign eat Demon Hunters this week.
Speaker 2: Please help him be demon phenomenal or Justin Bieber to the top spot. That would be great. You know what, we should support Astralian music. I've always been a big fan of yours. I've always been a big fan.
Speaker 4: Well, you've supported Australian music for a long time, so thank you.
Speaker 3: It's been an honor being I.
Speaker 2: You know what, I might move into the fragrance space after this with my retirement from radio.
Speaker 4: You should like the world's alas absolutely it is. You can sleep in, you can do I can.
Speaker 1: Go out to dinner. I look forward to it. Man.
Speaker 2: I just want to say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for everything over the last thirteen years.
Speaker 3: Thank you. When the MIC's go off, I'm going to come and give you a bigning.
Speaker 1: Oh bless you guys. Abashian.
Speaker 2: Everybody, take your security clearance away, it's never coming back into the show.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Smallsy Surgery podcast Here.
Speaker 2: More from Smallsy Live weeknights from eight only on Nova