Speaker 1: On scoring leaves Australia. This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Riata Panecky Show. Coming up tonight, the Victorian Premier forced to concede that the state's bail laws are in disarray. The Queensland town in an uproar about a garbage late intensity that's popped up at a local reserve. We'll have the latest from the US with Kosher Gata and Professor Ian Plymer will unpack the climate craziness that is sending your power bills through the roof. And later in the hour special guest takes a stand for Milania Trump after she was attacked by the ideologues at Vogue magazine.
Speaker 3: And of course we never forget left.
Speaker 2: He's losing it tonight featuring stars from the Grammys.
Speaker 4: And it changes the game. DEEI is not a threat, it's a gift.
Speaker 2: But first let's bring in News Corps Senior writer Patrick Carl and Patrick Welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: Let's start with business and.
Speaker 2: Industry groups preparing to launch what would be the largest third party election campaign in Australia's political history.
Speaker 3: Amid fears of a hung parliament.
Speaker 2: The groups are expected to launch campaigns to try and influence swing voters and what is being called one of the most crucial elections of our time.
Speaker 3: Patrick. Finally, we're seeing these.
Speaker 2: Business groups actually advocate for their own interests, for the interests of their shareholders, their staff, other stakeholders, as opposed to being tied up in all these social woke issues they normally like to involve themselves, and this is actually about how these policies will impact the running of their business.
Speaker 5: Look, this is fascinating because the data is so specific. Now you can have these groups, whether it's unions or business groups, actually targeting specific polling booths and they can work out apprentices live near that polling booth and a lot of people with negative gearing investments live near that polling group. And so you're going to have this very targeted micro campaign for an election where nobody knows the result. It's all based on the fact that the ALP soft primary vote is so soft at the moment. These sort of micro strategies in very targeted area is going to have a real impact on the result.
Speaker 2: What do you say to fears that this is akin to buying an election.
Speaker 3: You're going to have the.
Speaker 2: Top end of town determining how people vote. Do you buy that because we know how much the unions spend in this arena.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: Look, look, those fears are warranted, perhaps in the sense that they're going to be in the game in a way that they haven't been in the game before.
Speaker 1: And it's because of the data. It's because of the technology.
Speaker 5: They will be very targeted and you'll see them really campaign hard in very very specific areas in a way that they haven't before. And you can argue, yes, they're going to have more sway potentially, but that's sort of it's a product of the technology.
Speaker 1: The world is moving forward slowly.
Speaker 3: Indeed it is.
Speaker 2: And Robert got Bleison has written a fascinating piece in The Australian newspaper about Labour's new unrealized gains tax, a tax which here calls one of the most vicious taxes ever conceived by an Australian government. This tax will not be index and has got beliefs and rights. The biggest victims will be those trying to develop a new business and asking for capital to help. Nobody will invest if they have to sell assets to pay for the unrealized gains tax and if there is a later loss, they must wait for capital profits to get the money back.
Speaker 3: Patrick's what happened to Labour's election promise.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I remember something back in twenty twenty two about no new taxes.
Speaker 1: Yes, vaguely, yes, Robert's under something here.
Speaker 5: I mean, very few countries in the world have taxes on unrealized profits, and so they're basically potentially going to ask for you to pay for money that you actually don't have, which will force people to businesses to sell assets, investors to sell things merely to pay the tax. It's not fair, it's anti aspirational, it's anti innovation, and it's anti productive in the sense that you want investment, and this is anti investment.
Speaker 2: It is definitely anti investment. And when you've already got an environment of high regulation, high tax, it's just another reason for people to invest elsewhere. And we know what's happening in the US and environment's been created there that is very pro investment. So if you're a big multinational you've got to wonder why you would invest in Australia at with the current conditions. Let's talk about Victoria. The state is buckling under the weight of record debt and premiages into Alan seems to be preoccupied with other priorities. Here's what she's been posting on X.
Speaker 3: She wrote, I want.
Speaker 2: To send a message to every LGBTQ plus Victorian in our state today.
Speaker 3: I know that right now you might look at.
Speaker 2: The world with fear and uncertainty, fear for your community, fear for your safety, fear for a future that might end up looking a lot more like the past.
Speaker 3: But I want you to know this.
Speaker 2: In Victoria, you have a government and a premiere who believes in equality and believes.
Speaker 3: In a you. Oh, dear man.
Speaker 2: Now, she has been ratioed to Helen back on X for that incoherent virtue signaling that basically means Patrick that she has been flooded with negative responses, people taking her to task for what she has written there, her failure to stand up for women's rights, women's spaces. After all, Victoria is a place where we have a male sexual predator identifying as a woman in a woman's prison.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the sort of madness that the rest of the world can only imagine it's happening in Victoria.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, I think most people Victoria, Australians, the world sick of the woke sort of ideology. And I think this is sort of presented as a heartfelt message of love. It's actually very cynical. I think it's actually saying I feel your fears, you have reasons to be fearful.
Speaker 1: We might go back to what was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: And that's very why because Donald Trump has said take the pronouns out of your email address if you're a government employee. That's what's requiring the Victorian Premiere down a.
Speaker 3: Year to look.
Speaker 5: There's been no hate related incident in Victoria that prompted this. This comes out of nowhere, and I would expect that the negative sort of X reviews, as you say, would continue, because it's misplaced right.
Speaker 2: Now, especially when you look at the many, many real issues happening in Victoria, and one of them that the Victorian Premier has acknowledge is ordered yet another review, this time into the state's bail laws, conceding that something has gone seriously.
Speaker 3: Wrong in me to record low polling figures.
Speaker 2: And I do wonder really whether she has grasped what the problem is here or whether she's just reading the polls and knows that crime is a big issue in this state, and coming up to an election, it's an area where labor struggled because pretty much everything they've done has weakened the criminal response, and it's in boldened the criminal class, particularly when you see these bail laws, kids getting.
Speaker 3: Out ten, eleven, twelve times, well.
Speaker 5: There were sixty times. In one case November last year, a fourteen year old was bailed for the I think the fiftieth time. He'd been accused of home invasions, driving stolen cars, and police pursuits. And we've had people die on our roads from this kind of behavior. Obviously, his rights were put ahead of the rights of everybody else to feel safe, and that's been the problem. People don't feel safe. It's as much a perception problem as a reality problem. People were having, you know, waking up at two am to thleeves in their homes trying to find their car keys.
Speaker 1: They're being menaced and terrorized.
Speaker 5: And I think if just Allen was saying this back in September twenty twenty three, once you took over from Dan Andrews, you'd say that's great, we welcome these It's far too late.
Speaker 3: It is it's too little, too late.
Speaker 2: And when you've got police telling frightened Victorians, well, you know, just leave your keys by the door so they don't come and try to confront you when you're in your own home.
Speaker 3: That is not a good place for a first world city to be.
Speaker 2: And things haven't changed here in a very very negative manner and it's hard to deny it. Now let's go to Queensland, where residents of Morton Bay have expressed their outrage over a garbage late in tense city that has popped up in a local reserve. Seriously, how hard is it to show some respect and keep your area tidy. I feel for those who are struggling, but this is appalling, said one local. Another person wrote human dumping ground. Seriously, there is no reason to live in filth. Morton Bay Mayor Peter Flattery has also condemned the state of the site. He said, when public spaces are misused resulting in serious health and safety risks and destruction of property, we will unequivocally act to protect the broader community and council assets. The rubbish there is horrendous, but again, this is a failure of government to have people living in these sort of tent cities. We are a rich nation, We've got a very generous safety net, very generous welfare system, and yet we've still got people in this state.
Speaker 5: Look, I feel firstly very sorry for the local residents who are putting up with this, and for the mayor as well. I mean, he's sort of saying the right things, and he's making the point. This is not about the politics of homelessness, which is a very important discussion I have about public safety and health, and I think people are being threatened. There are police escorts for council offices. Look, I agree with that. We are a first world nation. We have lots of safety nets. The fact that this is happening anywhere is outrageous. It should not be happening.
Speaker 2: It should And when you look at places like La San Francisco, anyone who's visited those cities in the last five years, last ten years, the homelessness issue has just got worse and worse and worse. And we don't want to be even contemplating being anything like that. And you see those tense cities all around there. I've seen it in Melbourne. Queensland is now grappling with it. Do you see this as as a wider issue with the housing crisis.
Speaker 5: I think officially there's one hundred and twenty thousand homeless people in Australia.
Speaker 1: If people are living in.
Speaker 5: Tens, I mean, look, we have a good welfare system, we have good minimum wages to protect workers. We've got most things right in ways that parts of America do not. This should not be happening, and it does go. The obvious place to go is where have governments failed in looking after and taking care of citizens who are struggling.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be happening here.
Speaker 2: Now, just quickly, let's have a look at Matilda's captain, a soccer Servers star, Sam Kerr.
Speaker 3: She's on trial in London for.
Speaker 2: Legend racial abuse of a UK police officer, and we now have the police bodycam footage showing what Kerr actually said.
Speaker 6: Honestly, you have stupid and white Okay, stupid, I'm talking over this. This is the world problem.
Speaker 3: Wait on the call, Wait on the call. Call does not look great.
Speaker 2: But as much as I'm not an enormous fan of some of the politics of some of our sporting stars, including Zam, I do think to be on trial for something like this it's just a bit too much a fine, a caution, But to actually be in a criminal trial. Is that what's happening now in the UK?
Speaker 5: It's the old rule read nothing good happens after two am anywhere in the world. Look, it does seem ridiculous that some has got to be she's playing out in public. Everyone's hanging on every word and every piece of footage in a way.
Speaker 3: Which is a brash. But that a very bad night a court case.
Speaker 1: Yes, to suggest.
Speaker 5: That's criminal or somehow caused offense, I mean that law was not brought in for white people.
Speaker 1: You can argue whether it's a good law or not.
Speaker 5: But to sort of suggest that the police officers somehow suffered dramatically from what came out of her mouth that point in time is crazy.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, But I've got to say, if you're going to apply these laws and send people to court over hurty words, then they've got to apply across the board, whether you say white or black or anything in between.
Speaker 3: It's got to apply equally.
Speaker 2: But I would just rather not see the court's time wasted with this sort of nonsense. Patrick Carline, thanks for your time.
Speaker 1: Thanks for Enoch joining me.
Speaker 2: Now is a steam geologist and author, Professor in Plymber. Professor, Let's talk about the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Australia's largest business body, slamming labors eighty two percent renewables target. They say it's unrealistic and in urgent need of a revisit.
Speaker 3: The group says that.
Speaker 2: The government must drop its green energy targets and fast track gas exploration in order to return power prices to affordable levels and make the grid reliable again. I'm sure this is exactly what you and I have been talking about for years on this program, but it's fantastic to hear this from a peak business lobby group.
Speaker 7: Well, they're exactly right. We have nine percent of all energy at present comes from renewables. Ninety one percent of all energy is from coal and from oil and from gas. So if you want to get to eighty three percent or eighty two percent, you've got a very long way to go. And if you want to do it before twenty thirty, you've only got five years.
Speaker 8: So it's just a time problem. It's just not able to do it now.
Speaker 7: The economic reality is there's a total, absolute waste of money. We once had very good, reliable, cheap electricity, especially in Victoria.
Speaker 8: This came from coal, and we burnt coal.
Speaker 7: In Queensland and New South Wales and apparently the gas of life, the carbon dioxide, has now been deemed so we've stopped burning coal, putting carbon dioxide back into the atmosphere where it originally came from, and denying plants food for some ideological reason. So reality catches up with you, and it's catching up with a labor party.
Speaker 8: Now it's also catching up with the Libs. You have the same sort of policy.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, the Libs seem to be in denial themselves because yes they've got a nuclear plan, but they seem to be staying with Paris at a time when the entire Paris climate Deal is now irrelevant. The biggest countries have walked away or it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Apply to them.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about TV star Katrina round Tree unleashing on the Victorian government over its plans to destroy seven hundred and seventy hectares of picturesque farmland at the base of the u Yangs. This is the Yu Yang's Mountain range. They want to put a huge newable energy project right there. It's going to be near her her farm and the smaller country town of Little River. And we're seeing these projects pop up across the country.
Speaker 3: How much consultation is.
Speaker 2: There with the local community before these projects go ahead.
Speaker 8: Well, there's apparently consultation.
Speaker 7: And this is basically where they listen and don't absorb anything and do what they originally plan.
Speaker 8: And you have to remember that Australian governments are borrowing.
Speaker 7: Money for these projects. This money goes to foreign corporations who build the solar and wind industrial complexes, take the money out of Australia and then leave Australians with the mess to clean up. This is not very good practice. And as we should know, wind turbines are dreadfully polluting. They release from the blades chemicals which spread wide and far. When you try to get rid of the blow aids, you have to cut them up and bury them because you can't recycle them. They kill birds, they kill bats, they kill wales. This is not environmentalism. This is passing money to your cronies elsewhere in the world, giving them a fortune of taxpayers money. And every time we put new renewables into the grid, our electricity costs go up. So these are very very silly plans which are costing us dearly, especially those people in rural areas where they don't have the electoral power.
Speaker 8: That inner city greens who don't see the mess can actually drive the whole agenda.
Speaker 2: Now, the Guardian and newspaper Guardian Australia has reported on a study by Monash University about attitudes towards climate science. I'm loving how they have spun this. They he say that of those who believe the climate crisis was a conspiracy, more than a third twenty seven percent picked commercial TV and radio as their main source of news, while only eight percent chose non commercial TV or radio. Just eight percent of those who believe the human induced climate crisis was a conspiracy use public radio and television as their main source of news. So, in other words, in those who support the climate cause seem to have been brainwashed by far left publicly funded broadcasters like the ABC Spares, while those who consume a range of media seem to get a broader picture and they can think for themselves. They're not being alarmed about all of us dying within five years.
Speaker 3: Is that what you got out of this study? I thought it was very amusingly presented.
Speaker 9: Well, once you the word Guardian, I turn off and think of something else, because you can be guaranteed that their interpretation of data is very different from reality.
Speaker 8: Now, maybe it's not a conspiracy.
Speaker 7: Maybe there's a bulk of people out there who think about reality and maybe they look at the costs. Maybe they think of the environmental damage. Maybe they think that years ago we once had cheap, reliable electricity and for some reason, perhaps renewables, the electricity costs have gone through the roots. So I think the Guardian is heading for extinction. This article demonstrates it. So good luck to the Guardian. If you're a Guardian reader, you shouldn't be watching this program.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Finally, I let's check in with what is purportedly Australia's leading independent think tank. Independent is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. The Australian Institute recently published this video to their social media side. So if you can make sense of this, we're not.
Speaker 3: To stop exiting holding gas in Australia. It's a huge industry.
Speaker 1: It's huge industry.
Speaker 10: It doesn't bring much to the Australian economy though, if anything, it costs the Australian economy. You're right, it's an absolutely huge industry. It's not a big employer though it doesn't pay much tax, doesn't pay.
Speaker 3: Much in royalties and the profits go offshore.
Speaker 10: So I don't know why we're not going to get rid of the gas industry in Australia.
Speaker 3: It doesn't contribute that much. And is that a sound advice?
Speaker 8: Firstly, they pay royalties.
Speaker 7: Secondly, she should go to a town like Roma in Queensland, which was a struggling cattle town until gas came there. There is full employment, a town is booming and gas has done a huge amount for local communities in rural areas where there's not much employment. So these people should get out of the cities, should get into rural Australia and actually have a look and possibly even talk to people, although they need to speak a different language.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, that is not going to happen. I just cannot believe the confidence with which she spewed all that incredible professor Ian Plymer, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 3: Thank you still to KRMA lefties losing it.
Speaker 2: Plus, have the Democrats finally moved on from their d race obsessions Kosher Gator is up next watching the Reader Paney Show. And now it's time for lefties Losing it and let's take a look at the Grammars. They were just on though no one with a life seems to care too much, But we had an assortment of lefties losing it. So let's have a look at the top five. Now. While much of the attention was on the tachy exhibitionist antics of Carnie and his Australian victim or i mean wife, Biankersen, Sorry, it was the usual suspects with their TDS afflictions that sought to turn a night about music into one about politics. Let's start with an award that was nakedly political. Giving Beyonce the Best Country Album is just pure politics. She is about as country as she is a natural blonde. Even she looked embarrassed by this award.
Speaker 11: Cowboy coder, Wow, I really was not expecting this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all shocked, and no one who actually listens to and loves country music takes that seriously, because whether your lover her album or not, it ain't country folks. Now coming in at number four and the Grammy's Lefties Losing It list is Shakira, who couldn't help but virtue signal in a most vacuous and unnecessary fashion.
Speaker 11: I wanted dedicay.
Speaker 12: This a word to all my immigrant brothers and sisters.
Speaker 11: In best country.
Speaker 13: You're loved, You're worth it, and I will always fight with you.
Speaker 3: She will always fight with us. Why what do we do, Shakira.
Speaker 2: Imagine being so out of touch that you miss that Latina voters, Hispanic voters supported Trump in enormous numbers, or being so thick that you conflate illegal immigration with legal immigration. Not a single legal migrant is facing deportation or needs to be told by a Colombian songstress that.
Speaker 3: They are loved. Now to the number three position, and it goes to a queer singer. That's what she calls herself.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of her, but she did win Best New Artists, and of course she had to mouth off about the Lgbtquia plus plus community and what she calls Transjoy.
Speaker 14: Trans people have always existed and they will forever exist and they will never no matter what happens teake trans Joy away, and that has to be protected more than anything, because I would not be here with our trans girls. So just know that pop music is thinking about you and cares about you.
Speaker 2: Coming in at number two is another activist who has long been vocal in her support for the Democrats, who has urged Americans.
Speaker 3: To vote for Hillary, vote for Biden and.
Speaker 2: Kamala, and who is a single woman with little idea of the national divorce happening in the LGBTQ community, where many lgb folk are saying goodbye to the TQ activist.
Speaker 3: Here is a Lady Guar.
Speaker 2: Telling trans people that they're not invisible, No kidding.
Speaker 11: Trans people are not invisible.
Speaker 13: Trans people deserve love, The queer community deserves to be lifted up.
Speaker 11: Music is love, Thank you.
Speaker 2: And the number one left You Losing It of the Grammys is Alicia key Is.
Speaker 3: You'll remember her.
Speaker 2: She had to apologize or should that be clarify her questionable post about a paraglider whilst dressed in Palestinian colors just a few days after October seven, and who can forget her posing in a burker like it's some high fashion item at a time where Muslim women in countries like Iran are risking their lives fighting against such garments. So let's hear what Alicia had to say at the Grammys, I'm sure this is going to be riveting.
Speaker 4: This is not the time to shut down the diversity of voices. We've seen on this stage, talented, hard working people from different backgrounds, with different points of view, and it changes the game. DEI is not a threat, it's a gift. And the more voices, the more power for the sound. When destructive forces try to burn us down, we rise from the ashes like of Phoenix.
Speaker 3: DEI is not a threat, it's a gift.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 3: DEI is neo Marxist lunacy.
Speaker 2: It's racism and sexism dressed up as.
Speaker 3: False tolerance, and it has no place in a.
Speaker 2: Free society where people should be judged on their character and skills, not factors that have zero control over, like their gender, race, ethnicity. As for the diversity on the stage, Alicia Keys talked to bad name one artist who performed or was honored with an award who represents the majority of Americans who voted for Trump.
Speaker 3: Far from being an example.
Speaker 2: Of diverse voices, the music industry, like Hollywood, is full of out of touch, privileged idiots, an industry that is among the most closed minded, bigoted, and divorced from reality.
Speaker 3: You are in no position to lecture anyone about anything.
Speaker 2: Let's hear now from a member of the LGBTQIA plus plus community.
Speaker 15: Yesterday, I had the absolute audacity to say, I don't care how many executive orders you sign, you still don't get to tell me who I am.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I had the absolute.
Speaker 16: Audacity of saying, I don't care if you're elected to the highest station in the world.
Speaker 11: You still don't get to tell me who I am.
Speaker 2: Let me have the audacity to tell you, no one cares who you are or how you identify, as long as you don't impose your delusions on us. Unless you compel the rest of us to call you what you identify as what we know you are not, or give you access to our female only areas well you be, you just leave me out of it. There'll be plenty more lefties losing it content with my next guest, and my word has been a meltdown over us AID funding being cut USAID. Every rent seeking lefty is up in arms. Here is Jamie Raskin railing against Elon Musk.
Speaker 16: Elon Musk, you didn't create us AID. The United States Congress did for the American people and times like Elon Musk did not create USAID, he doesn't have the power to destroy it, and who's gonna stop him?
Speaker 1: We are, We're gonna stop him.
Speaker 2: And hysterical squad member Elon omer is also losing her teeny tiny mind over US eight.
Speaker 13: We are witnessing a constitutional crisis. We talked about Trump wanting to be a dictator on day one, and here we are. This is what the beginning of dictatorship looks like.
Speaker 3: Oh, dear Elon, that is not a dictatorship.
Speaker 2: This is a president with a mandate imposing the policies his duty bound to impose. So what sort of vital funding are they so disturbed about being cut? Let's hear from Caroline Levett, White House Press Secretary about some of the examples where US taxpayers are spending money for US eight to do.
Speaker 17: What if you look at the waste and abuse that has run through USAID over the past several years, these are some of the insane priorities that that organization has been spending money on. One point five I have million dollars to advance DEI in Serbia's workplaces, seventy thousand for a production of a DEI musical in Ireland, forty seven thousand for a transgender opera in Colombia, thirty two thousand for a transgender comic book in Peru. I don't know about you, but as an American taxpayer, I don't want my dollars going towards this scrap, and I know the American people don't either.
Speaker 2: And let's hear from the man himself, the Later of the Free World Potus, about who is running USIID these days.
Speaker 7: Well, it's been run by a bunch of radical lunatics, and we're getting them out.
Speaker 9: Us AID run by radical.
Speaker 7: Lunatics, and we're getting them out, and then we'll make a decision.
Speaker 3: Joining me now.
Speaker 2: Sky News contributor Kosha Gaeta Kosha radical lunatics.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: This is becoming a big issue. But I do wonder whether the Democrats really want to defend the madest spending of us AI day because the more we hear about these items, whether it's thirty five thousand dollars for these or five million for that, it's hard to see how this is in the interests of the American text Pyle.
Speaker 12: This story has become I think the biggest story of the week, and It was really unexpected. Most people were never thinking about us AID to this level before. And Trump is so good at taking things that are big issues and putting them in the forefront and changing the national discourse. USAID was after there is a statutory law behind it, the Congress pass but then JFK created the agency in nineteen sixty one. Like anything, it's creeped far away from its original mission. It's about forty three billion dollars a year going into all sorts of those DII and productions and museums and those things that we heard about. It's not advancing the interests. There's even more nefarious things like funding gain a function research potentially in Muhan, and meddling in other countries' internal affairs front of money launering. There's all sorts of things coming out of it. And the fact that all those leaders took to the streets to protest Jimmie Raskin and Elin Ormo is very curious for just the dismantling and reorging of an agency. I wouldn't have expected to see them rallying for that, So there must be more underneath it.
Speaker 2: And you've just got to wonder about the political judgment of the Democrats right now. Sure they're in the wilderness, but you've got to start the rebuild, and you've got to start it straight away, and clutching to these sorts of issues seems ill advised. Now the New York Post is reporting that us AID. Us AID workers received an email Monday telling them to stay out of the agency's DC headquarters as a old musk, and the White House moved to shut it down and reorganize it under the State Department. So that is an important point to consider that it may not be gone and buried forever. It is being reimagined, perhaps in the vision that they originally had, which was to advance US interest. This was at a time of the Cold War, and like you say, it's veered far far away from those objectives.
Speaker 12: And those types of measures fall within the purview of the executive branch. And this is what we're seeing every six hours there's a new action coming out of Team Trump that he is really wielding the weight to the executive branch, where even if there's a statutory premise to it around foreign assistance, which is what Jamie Raskin is talking about, the way it is, administrator is in his purview, and if he wants to put it back under the State Department so it's more aligned with Marco Rubio's execution of the Trump policy, then that's as prerogative. If they want to shut down certain aspects, if they want to lock out people and change who's administering it, that's all in their purview. But this seems to just be the beginning, and I think it's going to get more heated.
Speaker 2: And I am loving some of these emails being leaked that are going to staff members them how they can resign, how they can go about just removing themselves from the bureaucracy. Now, let's check in with the DNC and see if they've moved on from their DEI race obsessions.
Speaker 18: Racism has not gone away since twenty people of Africa descent came upon these shores at Jamestown, Virginia in sixteen nineteen, and it's going to require us to think and behave in a new way. It is systemic, it is structural when it comes to addressing diversity, equity, inclusion, access, and belonging Kosher.
Speaker 2: They just do not learn that seem to be in capable of moving away from their identity politics obsessions talking about systematic racism sixteen nineteen.
Speaker 3: Have they have? They just f ill to say.
Speaker 2: Where the American people are now that they don't want these racial division forced down their throat.
Speaker 12: That lot certainly seems to lack the political judgment that you just mentioned. They're out in the wilderness and they keep going back to sixteen nineteen and DEI and all these buzzwords that the other side is at rapid speed, completely dismantling. They didn't talk at all about immigration and inflation, where the majority of the public fifty to fifty five percent of the public wants there's actually a level of unification around these issues that didn't exist even five years ago. That is where they should be going and come up with maybe some policy substantive differences to things that are controversial, like tariffs or something else that would have been better than singing the DEI song sheet. But it just seems to be such a potent strain in the party that for some reason, even if they know and there are talented people in the party, they just can't seem to excize it.
Speaker 3: Now, let's have a bit of fun.
Speaker 2: I did a whole bit about the grammysy lefties, losing it during chat from the Grammys, appears to be around Beyonce's country music when that's caused a bit of a funeral, as well as Carnee West and his Australian wife Biancas and sorry, what do you make of that display? There is so much chatter about whether she's being victimized, is she being used and projectified by Carnie West. People are saying she needs to be committed, because no sane person would be humiliating themselves on a regular basis like this. She certainly doesn't seem to be happy about whatever is happening. What's your take on this, because when you talk about the culture, this is an issue that has really gained traction this week.
Speaker 12: It's hard to know, and you're right, she did look rather uncomfortable on that. So it's a spectrum of possibilities because who knows what happened behind the scenes. There is it that there's some sort of paradynamic in that relationship and she was in some where pressure or call into doing a publicity stunt. Did it maybe come from her own volition? Did she do it in that way? Because you know that you're going to generate headlines around the world, we're talking about it right now, and that mantra and know such things about publicity. Is it a sign of this shock and awe that you just want to do something to really start some kind of conversation. Who knows where it stands on that, but it is a degeneracy and just a sign of the culture not being where.
Speaker 1: It needs to be.
Speaker 2: I think the word there is degeneracy there is. This is supposed to be the Grammy is It's supposed to be a prestigious night where you celebrate the best in the music industry and you have full frontal nudity. So and you know, and it's kids who are really interested in the Grammys. I learned too many adults so just hanging on to see who wins the Album of the Year. But it's the young kids and they're the ones who are seeing that. So it really does question, you know, where is the culture at when it comes to Hollywood, the music industry, the celebrity class. Now let's move back back to politics. Joe Biden may be making a move to Hollywood, signing on with a new agent. New York Post is reporting that Biden has made his first known move to monetize his post presidency, He's going to be represented by Creative Artists Agency, quite a big player, and the Talent agency comes As insiders speculate on how the Biden family is now going to be making money. We know they reaped millions of dollars from foreign deals and some dubious Ivy League arrangements. This is an interesting signing. I can't imagine what he would want to be. Is he going to do with some sort of a project with Netflix? Is he going to be an artist?
Speaker 3: Why would he sign with him?
Speaker 12: And Hunter Biden has some experience in that realm.
Speaker 3: As we know.
Speaker 12: It is odd because on the face of it, it's so absurd, and we all can see that sort of have to go along with it because it's It is an admission of how the presidency in the day and age that we live in is monetized. It's a commercial asset and it did not used to be this way.
Speaker 3: But all presidents of Babamas were the masters, were.
Speaker 12: The masters of it, and they all monetize it through speeching speeches and writing gigs and books and those kinds of things. The Obamas went further into the entertainment world with a massive Netflix deal and they've done like two dozen films, but they do have charisma, they do have a following the Obamas. You could, even if you know that there's influence that's being bought and sold here, you can on the face of it see why they are a talent that CAAA would want to represent. With Biden, just his age, not glamorous, not charismatic. It's just hard to see.
Speaker 2: Him not coherent and them's not cognitively sound. That's the biggest housi or who.
Speaker 3: Is going to be representing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so it's clear that it's so obvious that it's not about the content he's going to be putting out, but it's about the influence that he still has, and that's what they're going to be.
Speaker 3: Is still the product.
Speaker 2: We said all along where we came to hunt Biden and his dubious business dealings, that Biden was the product and still seems to be the product. Now we've seen a pause on the tariffs that are to be imposed on Canada and Mexico. Kosher tell me about what happened. There was this just a tactic for Donald Trump to get what he wanted. He threshns tariffs, announces them, and then these leaders do what he's asked them to do in hours, within hours. We've seen this now several times. And how long can he use this strategy, because surely they're smart enough to eventually work out what's happening here.
Speaker 12: So I think it's two things. On one level, it is just a tactic where he threatens them within hours they capitulate. It's usually relating to take back your illegals, pay for their plane flights, fortify the border, things like that, and then he'll put a thirty day poles to make sure that they actually follow through with what they've promised, and if not, he'll threaten it again. But I also think that underneath that he looks at it as an economic policy, like a genuine one. Because the US big picture is about four percent of the world's population, about twenty five percent of consumption. It's the most desirable consumer market in the world. Yeah, so that is a really big asset that he believes even if it leads to price increases for Americans in the short run, it just rebalances trade in a good way. And I think he really believes that. And with some countries like China and others, he might push it on its own merits, whereas with these countries it might be just a tactic to get them to and it's not always.
Speaker 2: The threash of tariffs has also sent some diplomats down to Venezuela and has got agreement from that country to take back their violent criminals, including gang members. Another big win for Donald Trump this way, Koshergita, thanks for your time. Stale to come Vogue Magazine's latest attacks against Milania Trump backfire Link Lawn is up next. Welcome joining me now is commentator and former senior advisor on RFK Junior's twenty twenty four presidential campaign. Link Lauren Link, Welcome back to the program. Let's talk about Milania Trump and Vogue. Voguers come under intense scrutiny over what's been called a hit job on First Lady Milania Trump's official White House portrait. I thought the image, let's have a look at it was beautiful.
Speaker 3: It's so strong and fierce.
Speaker 2: Tell me how Vogue responded to what was widely seen as a stunning official portrait.
Speaker 15: Well, it's great to be with you, Rita. This just speaks to the culture in our country where these single, miserable women who work at Vogue and get all their news from MSNBC. They can mock and dinner greate conservative women all day long with no recourse. In fact, they get elevated and praise. The Fact that Milania Trump has never been on the cover of Vogue as a first lady is absolutely embarrassing for the magazine. They've had Kim Kardashian on the cover ten times, Michelle Obama three times. Jill Biden, of all people, has been on the cover of Vogue three times herself. And she walks around and blackfish nets, a leather skirt, her hair's a mess, high heels. She looks like a geriatric hooker. Let's call it like we see it. The fact that the Lania Trump has not been on the cover of Vogue is egypt.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, just tell us what you really think link my goodness.
Speaker 3: Well, I do wonder whether they're just hurting the road. I wonder if they are hurting.
Speaker 2: The road credibility as a fashion magazine by trying to tear her down, because whether you love or a hater, I mean, you can't doubt.
Speaker 3: That she's a beautiful woman.
Speaker 2: She's got a distinct sense of style, she has a fashion icon, So why would Vogue go down this road, Like how much hate do they have in their hearts to be making them so look foolish by attacking Milania's fashion sense.
Speaker 15: Milania Trump, she's stunnying. She's an international supermodel, she's self made, she's an immigrant. If she had a D next to her name, if Milania Trump were a Democrat, she would have been on the cover of Vogue ten times already. Usha vans the fact that they're making fun of her. She's an Indian American, she's self made, she's an attorney, she's brilliant. But because she's a Republican as well, they're going to Mark and dinner greet her. And that's what's happening in the culture in our country.
Speaker 2: Now, you mentioned that the other former First ladies, no matter what they look like or what their fashion sense is like, have been on the cover of Vogue. We're seeing Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, Jill Biden. I do wonder whether there's going to be any relenting because we have seen some relenting from major fashion labels who a few years ago were refusing to dress anyone within the Trump camp. Now, ah, they see that there's real value in having their brand associated with someone like a Milania Trump or an Usha Vance.
Speaker 3: Do you see that changing?
Speaker 2: Do you see some big brands coming forward and saying we want to dress the first lady or the second lady.
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 15: I mean these magazines and publications they can either evolve and understand that Donald Trump he won this election and a landslide. This was a decisive mandate, he won the popular vote. If they don't start reaching across the aisle and highlighting conservative women or conservatives in general, they will continue to fade into irrelevance and obscurity. And even just from a capitalistic standpoint, wouldn't you want to put Malania Trump or Ivanka Trump or Usha Vance on the cover of Vogue to reach these conservative women. But I'm happy to see other independent publications popping up who do give a fair shape to conservative women. And Anna wintor Vogue, good luck to them. I'm not sure they'll even be around in five years.
Speaker 2: Usha Vance is also a very interesting character.
Speaker 3: You mentioned her.
Speaker 2: She's a very accomplished woman, a very stylish, beautiful woman. So we've now got two really quite stunning women in the White House who are going to be I think fashion icons in their own right. Before you go, I've got to ask you about the growing fascination affection for Baron Trump Millennia and Donald Trump's son. His popularity has absolutely skyrocketed.
Speaker 3: We've heard about the role he played.
Speaker 2: In the campaign, the advice he gave his father about who to talk to, how to reach younger voters.
Speaker 3: There's talk of a dinsty emerging. Blink.
Speaker 15: Absolutely. I think Baron Trump, Kai Trump and these other younger Trumps really are the next generation in the future of the Republican Party if they want to be involved in politics at all. Of course, it's a blood sport, it's a contact sport. They might have their interests. But Baron Trump, I think he's still young, he's still finding himself. I went to NYU as well, just like Baron Trump, and if he can be so confident in such a liberal, woke environment, I think he's going to have a great life and career ahead of him.
Speaker 2: Well, he was the breakout star of the inaugration festivities, so I we'll watch to see what happens there. Leglauren, thank you so much for your time this evening, and that's it from me. Tonight up next is Newsnight I'll see you at eleven tomorrow.