Speaker 1: Wait, welcome to the Late Babes.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the show. I'm Liz Storer and I'm so glad you're here. Filling in tonight for James McPherson and kayleb Bond. We have Joe Hildebrand and mister kell I'm.
Speaker 3: Glad you're here too, so much.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I do wonder. Coming up tonight, parents suing a school district after their son gets a very poor grade for giving in an assignment that was written by AI. What on earth is the world coming to? That's what they're suing the school district for more on that later and coming up in the papers. Still Works are losing a million dollars a day, and Australia's mid not midlife crisis, midwife crisis. Who's going to deliver the babies of the future? Those numbers coming up. But first tonight, I've got to take my hat off to one of my all time favorites.
Speaker 1: He's a former Labor senator.
Speaker 2: His name is Joe de Bruin. He was also a union boss for a very long time. I remember the first time this guy came to my attention was when I saw this iconic photo of him sitting at the ALP National Conference back in two thy and fifteen. The conference was giving Pennywong a standing ovation after she'd.
Speaker 1: Done a massive backflip.
Speaker 2: She'd initially said that same sex marriage wasn't something that she needed to validify her relationship and then did a massive one to eighty saying it was absolutely essential that this was past. And there he is sitting silently resolutely.
Speaker 1: I will not yield. He's always been a very.
Speaker 2: Devout Catholic and Australia was reminded of this today when this headline popped up, because it seems the man has not changed his convictions and people can't stomach it. Yesterday he was at the Australian Catholic University accepting an honorary degree an honorary doctorate for quote outstanding support for the Catholic Church in Australia end quote. So he did not waste the opportunity to espouse some strong Catholic views on a number of contentious issues like abortion, like IVF for single women, like homosexual marriage. To quote some of his speech, he said, over eighty thousand unborn children are killed by abortion in Australia each year. Worldwide, the estimated number is forty two million per annum. Abortion is the single biggest killer of human beings in the world, greater by far than the toll of human life in World War Two. It is a tragedy that must be ended.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: People couldn't stomach this, A devout Catholic espousing Catholic views, that Catholic university graduation ceremony. They left in the droves while he was still speaking. Check it out of confidence.
Speaker 4: So as I worked with the crime and with.
Speaker 2: Many alphas, those who remained gave him a standing ovation. And today I was so delighted to read that he wouldn't change a thing he said. After the media for raw started over how dare he make these comments, he simply said, I wouldn't change a thing, wouldn't apologize, wouldn't succumb to the usual media nitpicking that follows these things, where we constantly see conservatives then coming out saying.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry, I didn't mean.
Speaker 2: To offend anyone. This man is unapologetic for his beliefs.
Speaker 1: I love this, Joe.
Speaker 2: I actually I genuine so missed these titans of the labor right that we used to have. I remember Joe Bullock as well resigned from the Senate because he refused to back Labour's policy of mandated support for gay marriage, and he simply wouldn't do it. The conviction politicians of today you could count on one hand.
Speaker 1: But they used to be a lot more in the Labor Party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Labor Party used to be able to make room for them. And this is sort of where I sit. I disagree with a lot of what Joe de Brun said, but I think he should absolutely be allowed to believe it, and I think the Labor Party needs people like him in the party to provide a kind of counterweight to some of the more crazy, kind of ideological pursuits of the left. So it was Joe that stopped Julie Gillard pursuing same sex marriage. He refused to give it the okay. And he's extremely powerful, Like he was most powerful not as a Senator, but as head of the Shop Distributed and Allied Employees Association affectionately known as the Shoppies, which is the most powerful union in the Labor Party, also probably the most low profile, but they have the biggest membership, maybe something like two hundred thousand members or something like that. And that means they have the biggest representation at labor conferences and they wield an enormous amount of power. And if Joe de Brune didn't give you the green light on something, that's it. It's dead in the water. And so there's all this I suppose quiet power, back room power behind closed doors that a lot of people used to think, well, this is terrible, this is awful, we need to cut union influence over the Labor Party. But of course, as soon as they started doing that, all the activists from the Ragavol branches sort of flowed in and started doing crazy things that made the Labor Party unelectable. And so someone like Joe de Brune was actually a really effective And again, if you had Julia Gillard, and this is going to sound very critical and cruel, but if you have Julia Gillard, who was someone from the left, not besaying she was back from the right, but she's from the left. She's unmarried herself, and then suddenly she says and we're going to propose same sex marriage. That would have been electoral suicide. I mean, she only scraped over the line in twenty ten, as it was. Anyway, it often takes right wing people from the right of the Labor Party or the right of the political spectrum generally to do progressive things, because if someone progressive does a progressive thing, people like, oh my god, you know she's a Satanist witch. You know she's going to destroy Western civilization. And so Joah Brout Maybell have actually done her a favorite, denying her something that she wanted to do. But that's just one example. The other thing, though, that I think this proves is something that I know I've been trying to convince you many a time of which is that the Catholic Church is actually a very broad dare I say small Sea Catholic Church, No, A lot of very progressive people in it who do support same sex right, so who do support abortions obviously always been a difficult one for the Church, but who are much more ahead of the game and much more sort of modern if you like, and the Church has been in the past.
Speaker 1: So they're the one god to say the young Friend, the Bible.
Speaker 2: Or any Catholic doctrine, but kel, I love to see a man of conviction. I wish we had more in our parliaments. Sadly, I can only pretty much name they'd all fit. On one hand, they would these days. But I've often said, even someone like Bernie Sanders, a rabid socialist, I wouldn't agree with him on anything. And yet this is a man of conviction and I can respect him to the hilt for that because you can see, you know, these photos of him as a teenager being hauled out of protests, you know, campaigning for the Marxist of his day. But why have we so few were these nowadays in an Australian politics.
Speaker 5: Because we've professionalized politics. Now you join young labor at university and then you work your way through that. Then you get a job in a member's office or a minister's office, or you work for a union for a while, and then when you've worked as an assistant in the Labor party, then you get nominated for a seat, and then you get elected and you never have anything to do outside of politics. So all you need to do is to have a partisan view of the world and not actually think through the issues. I mean, I was thinking at that event and thinking of the audience as well as Joe de Brun. Why do they have to get up and walk out? I mean, why couldn't they have been like Joe Hildebrand. I mean, we need more Joe Hildebrands in the world and just sit there and think, well, I don't agree with that bit, and I don't agree with that bit, but he's got a right to say that. Why And I was trying to work out why they did it. I think it's to do with the fact that abortion has been so oversimplified. All they can do is have an emotional reaction. I mean, it's possible to have an intelligent debate. It's possible to say, you know, there's no such thing as abortion, there's early term abortion, late term abortion. All the surveys show most people are opposed to late term abortions. You could have a sort of debate about the real complexities and an intelligent debate.
Speaker 3: But for some reason, lait debate if you will, though.
Speaker 2: We've got left who are incapable of that.
Speaker 5: Though one word, I'm going no, that's nonsense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, indeed, And you would have thought that he was in a safe space espousing these views being a Catholic university, But sadly no, A lot of the people I know who work in Catholic institutions, be it schools or unis, have sadly told me they are lost to the left. It's a sad state of affairs. But you would remember the curious case of the main Khalif, who made headlines during the latest Olympics in Paris being an Olympic boxer and winning gold. Now, to shrink the story down for you and give you a quick synopsis, the International Boxing Association claimed that.
Speaker 1: Khalif had returned a chromosome.
Speaker 2: Tests proved that they had X Y chromosomes, but the Olympic committee said, no, no, that.
Speaker 1: Is a furfee.
Speaker 2: We've seen no proof of it. We're not running another test. We're just going to back this person.
Speaker 1: To the hilt.
Speaker 2: I think that's because they didn't want egg all over their face. They'd already allowed Khalif to enter the competition and didn't want to be seen as pulling the rug out from underneath a certified competitor at that point. Well, they've now made headlines again today announcing I would like to hold a press conference today to share with you my success story with the media, family and young women who watch me. There is a documentary being prepared about my success story and it will be shown on international platforms. I will soon enter the world of professional boxing. I have many offers. Now, there's been a lot of talk about this because Khalif is still not returned a chromosome test. You'd think it's a very very simple way to settle the score, put all the rumors to bed. Simply say Okay, fine, I did a chromosome test. I'm xx. Can everyone please leave me alone? And still we are speculating endlessly, Joe, is this another case of a DSD athlete who has what they call different sex disorder, which means they do indeed identify as female and our female. However, they do have x Y chromosomes, which does give them an undeniable advance against women.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe it does. But that's why I have a lot of sympathy for this woman because it's not someone it's not someone who you know, a man who is competing in male sports wasn't doing very well and that haha. I know what I'll do. I'll identify as a woman. I'll get it so it's change, and then I'll use my incredible testosterone that I picked up, you know, in puberty, along with you know, listening to a White Snake and guns n' roses and you know, driving by Ford Falcon at one hundred kilometers now dominated because says, this is someone who was has always been treated as a woman, who has raised as a girl, treat treating female her entire life, just happens to be born with this strange kind.
Speaker 5: Of chromosome matters because a Y chromosome makes a difference. People with Y chromosome so however, they identify whatever their medical condition might, but if you've got a Y chromosome, you will on average be taller, stronger, and faster than people who don't have a Y chromosome. So people with a Y chromosome competing against people with XX chromosomes have got on unusual. It's like using a performance enhancing drug. It's like cheating. You know, I'm not going to use a performance enhancing drug because I don't need to. I was born with a Y chromosome. So that's why the chromosome tests have to be done, have to be supplied to officials, have to be public because having a Y chromosome and competing against people who don't is cheating.
Speaker 3: I reckon that should just get rid of all the rules none, let it go absolutely free for all all the drugs you want to do your worst. If I got idea, it's not like it's a fair fight. I've made Shaquille O'Neil going to, you know, shoot some herts together. He's probably gonna win. Well, that's not fair because he's just got.
Speaker 2: Better nat to his chromosomes due to his gees.
Speaker 3: That's the same.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not, this is not uncommon. Since the early two thousand, over seven Olympic medals have been won in the women's category by DSD athletes, So this is something that should be cut and dry. Someone has an obvious advantage. Back in twenty nineteen, Kell this is exactly what the Court of Arbitration for Sports ruled. They said, anyone with the SD has an obvious advantage against x X.
Speaker 5: Actually but the Y chrome.
Speaker 2: It's as simple as that.
Speaker 1: And yet we.
Speaker 2: See the Olympic Committee, the most elite committee in the world. There are looking after the most elite athletes saying no, no, you get a repass. And now this person is going on to potentially bash up women all over the world.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're supposed to be against what is the professional like whatever body you go, like the WBA or whoever it is. What is the professional body then going to do.
Speaker 5: With anyone to do. I'll give you the solution. The solution is we've worked for a long time with just two categories, male and female sports. Instead of that, you've got male sports, female sports, and open. If you have three categories, people who don't clearly fit into mail because they identify as being women, but they've got a Y chromosome, so they don't fit into the they can compete in the open, and anyone else can Anyone with a Y chromos who thinks they can take them on, anyone can compete in the open. You simply set up categories to solve the problem. You don't wring your hands, and you don't throw in figure athletes females.
Speaker 3: I think you're describing a level of professionalism in fairness to professional boxing that doesn't quite compute understanding of it. Think the whole idea is that you find the two opponents. So we're going to generate the most amount of hype, the most amount of money. You get someone who's going to broadcast it on pay per view for the most amount of money that they will pay you the promoter. I'm thinking of just imagining myself as Don King.
Speaker 2: Typically it's fraught. I mean, yeah, sure, that's a professional boxing. That's what you do when you're running.
Speaker 3: Not some washed up has been with the famous day, some young kid that's got to beat them. Jesus out of it.
Speaker 5: Joe is giving into cynicism. There's no need to. There are actually professional sports people who understand the issue and who want to do something about it. Nicole Powers is a professional golfer. Nicole Powers is someone who was born male and decided that he strokes, she felt female and so became female. What treatment Nicole Powers is how, I don't know, but has competed with the Y chromosome in professional golf and now says not going to do that anymore. I was pushed into doing it by the trans movement. Because the trans movement, I thought it was really important that I pushed myself in there. So this trans golfer is now discussing a decision to stop competing against biological females. Say I'm not actually a woman. A great move, isn't it.
Speaker 3: A biological woman?
Speaker 2: It is, indeed, And here is the palace biological, the cold palace, explaining how they came to this conclusion.
Speaker 6: I didn't necessarily see that I was part of the problem because you know, you're kind of force fed this information that your existence is not the problem, and you know you should enter women's spaces without restraint. And it wasn't until I saw real problems occurring within women's sports that I had to take a step back and realize that biological you know, biological realities are real, and competitive advantages will always exist despite a number of years you've transitioned or whatever surgeries and hormones you've done, and then understood that my place is not in women's sports.
Speaker 2: This was such a heartening interview. It was just pure common sense Nicole Powers talking about even even those arguments that are about oh, well, hormone levels and we test et cetera. She's like, you can just take a double dose of estrogen before you go do those tests, and you've totally fixed the whole result of the test. So it's very easy to cheat. And this was heartening because it just goes to show that someone in this predicament when actually this is very unfiry to the women that I keep eating.
Speaker 3: That's struight Srure.
Speaker 1: I look at it.
Speaker 3: It's very I think it's very noble of her and it's obviously very thoughtful, and you can hear from what she's saying that she's clearly, you know, reflected on this very daily. But I think there'd be a bunch of other people who would think, well, hang on a minute, you know, this is my love, this is the one thing I've dreamt of doing my whole life, you know. And again I acknowledge that there's many scenarios and which it must be terribly unfair to female athletes and depriving them of their own dreams. I'm sure there must be a way that we can accommodate some kind of solution or treat things on a case by case basis. But I think, you know, I mean, the obvious, the obvious sort of inspiration to look to would be, you know, Caitlyn Jenna, who did it properly and went out and what all her effects of the mends.
Speaker 1: And then transition.
Speaker 2: But this is really heartening, Kel because this is someone who.
Speaker 1: Has simply recognized this is completely.
Speaker 2: Unfair and speaks at length about how she came to that conclusion and why she's now just decided I'm not going to do it anymore. They actually tell the story of how even while they were still competing against females. They would hold back because they realized, if I operate at full strength here, I'm going to beat you guys, and I actually can't bring myself to do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. Nicole Powers would have had a drive that went much further down the field right than any female golfer, even a really good female golfer. The thing I found most interesting in that interview was when Nicole talked about the pressure from the trans movement. The trans movement has become really intolerant, really bullying, and it's not we think it's putting pressure on us, you know, and telling us, you know, the pronounces you use are really important, and we're going to bully you if you don't get it right. It seems to me that they're also putting pressure on people within the trans community. You've got to stand with us, You've got to do what we tell you to do.
Speaker 2: This is a they want another trophy on the man.
Speaker 5: Any sort of subgroup within in a community that functions like that is not healthy.
Speaker 3: I don't think, knowing a little bit about this, that I don't think it's not the whole sort of trans community or people who are trans so do it. There is a small hardcore grow and it's with the gay community as well. The vast majority are just normal, course of.
Speaker 1: Them smart, yea. They relate to one of other people.
Speaker 3: And there's a bunch of sort of what you might call queer Marxists. And there is the same with the trans movement, where you have these really and the trans thing is almost a mcguffin. It's just it's a bit like Israel Palestine, you know, It's just it's they just see, this is the next fight, this is the next revolution, This is the next oppressed group we have to fight for. You know, We've done it for black people, for women, for gays. Now this is the new oppressed people. And anyone who says that they shouldn't get everything they want instantly is a fascist, is a bigger and blah blah blah. And it's those ones who not only i think, freak out people on the right, but also make life really really difficult for sensible, normal people on the sort of left side, the center left side, who are just trying to sort of find some kind of reasonable compromise or just trying to find, you know, make everything equal. These guys, there are some really quite fair angry people on the extreme left, for whom even progress is never good enough, and they get, you know, even when you get a good result from a government on something like you know, gay gay conversion therapy or recognize changing persons or something, that will still be angry and still be attacking the people actually because they still didn't get everything they wanted. So there is an ugly, like with everything, there is an ugly extreme kind of wing that then makes the whole.
Speaker 5: They are the property. Look, can I say there's another problem we need to address, And I'm talking here about the thing that you most deeply and sincerely believe in your money. Because your money that you've got in a bank is your money. It belongs to you. But if something goes wrong technologically, suddenly you don't have access to your money. It's happened to Westpac, It's happened to a number it's happened to a number of banks where suddenly they're out for some hours at a time, you can't use your credit cards. If it's a small business operating a business depending on a link to that particular make they can't function. So there's now discussion that the only sensible thing to do to protect yourself and protect your money is not to have one bank, have at least two banks when one bank is not functioning. So complaints have rolled into the authority about this, about the Westpac outages and the Commonwealth Bank duplicate charges, the disrupt access to customers money. And the answer is, we're being told by Professor Elizabeth Sheedy. The answer is that you need to have at least two banks. Now, my wife is very smart about money. Is why ahead of them she's got two banks.
Speaker 2: So long before the advice, we've already got the bases covered.
Speaker 5: Everyone should be banking with two banks, it says the professor. So I can understand that, and I think it makes a lot of sense. We are very vulnerable. Once your money is in the bank, you can lose access to it because of our software glitch, because of a hardware breakdown, because of a hacker breaking in, or an electromagnetic pulse. Every few hundred years is a massive electro magnetic pulse from the sun. If one hits, it wipes out all the computers and you've got no money. Look, there are a bunch of things that can happen, so you can't depend on the electrons put not your favorite electrons.
Speaker 3: No electromagnetic pulse wouldn't wipe out all the money in both the banks. You had your money.
Speaker 5: If that happens.
Speaker 3: If that happens cash under the mattress scenario.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's how it works as well as two banks keep money in cash always.
Speaker 2: I discovered this recently, literally just yesterday, my bank canceled my card because it had expired, well was at the end of this month, so they'd sent me out a new card to the wrong address. So they said, well, we've got to cancel that one. But because it has the same number as my current one, I was then left with zero access to my own accounts, and had I not had a stash of cash, I wouldn't I wouldn't be able to spend money until when new I was.
Speaker 3: Just watching this now, going I wonder what I knew addresses? Yeah, I don't know. I always like to have a bit of I was I was shamed by back in the old days when I was a dirty, rotten smoker years ago. I was shamed by the guy at the kiosk at Central station. But I realized I didn't have cash and tried to pay with my card, and he just looked at me. Come on, Joe, you know aboutter, you know about it, and I'm sorry, I'm sorry. And so i'd always do carry a bit of cash. I find that there are certain industries that definitely prefer cash. And yes, that's right, I'm talking about that cleaning trade.
Speaker 1: Also nail salons.
Speaker 2: Now I'll even give you a discountain.
Speaker 3: My barber, the guy who did this, who did this haircut, Yeah, he likes a bit of cash.
Speaker 5: The bloke whomers your lawn will always want it want a bit of always cash. Rowan Dean keeps arguing, and Rowan's been arguing with this for some time. If you run it all on on plastic, you run it all on credit cards, you're vulnerable. If something happens, even if a policy is set up, you can be debanked. Are your bank if they decide they don't like your politics has happened to nineteen in Britain, Then you could be debated and you can have no access. So he said, the more we work with cash, the better for us.
Speaker 2: To the States now where the campaign for Kamala is just becoming so miserable. Can you imagine being one of her staffers right now. Here's a former campaign manager for Obama back in the day speaking to mainstream media explaining what these guys are up against, the names they're being called, and how team spirit is at an all time low on Team Kamala.
Speaker 7: So there's really difficult decisions being made in Wilmington right now about what you do with her time, what you do with the sarrogates time. You know, there's competing things that the press team wants are on these TV interviews, The fundraising team wants her to do one more big event in Ack City. The battleground states are saying we've got to have her three more times in Michigan, and so, you know, making those decisions becomes.
Speaker 3: The most important thing. It's why you see.
Speaker 7: These campaign people on TV and they look absolutely exhausted because everyone is telling them they're band of idiots and they should do it their way.
Speaker 2: She's also notoriously hard to work for. When she took the VP office back in twenty twenty one. Since then, the people that she hired, ninety two percent of them have left. It's an unprecedentedly high turnover rate in the VP's office. Joe, this is just embarrassing. And now we're hearing about how beliegued they are. There's all we're always been claims of bullying and how it's such a toxic workplace as these staffers have been leaving her office, the scruntled employees all round, and now these guys, given how she's performing in the polls so close to the election, you can imagine how they're Feelingsiz is sorvil though.
Speaker 3: The most advising thing about that clip, as you had Jen Saki, who is the former White House for Biden, looking like the worst possible smell had just descended in the air.
Speaker 8: It's talking about her beloved Dems in such that's right, and I think she probably would have had some knowledge of dealing with Karmela firsthand.
Speaker 3: I imagine. I imagine it's a lot like the sitcom Deep, which is pretty much a documentary for anybody who's worked in politics the best you know from you know, having sort of reported on New South Wales politics in the sort of dying days of the last long term labor government. There you just the biggest indicator of crisis is staff turnover. Barnn the biggest indicator of someone who is a rampant narcissist with no capacity to actually do the job. Is staff turnover daylight.
Speaker 5: Walking out the door can be very enlightening, and that ninety two percent quite a few of them walking out the door set she doesn't want to be as and she won't rebriefing document.
Speaker 1: We can tell that.
Speaker 5: Explains a whole lot of speeches and a whole lot of interviews. She hasn't read any briefing documents, and she hasn't listened to any advice.
Speaker 2: And we all know that she's absolutely terrible without an auto que. And this was made painfully obvious at a town hall meeting recently, where we all know the point of a town hall is to get questions from the audience. It's a very one on one experience. People are supposed to feel like, Oh, I'm getting to know this person and they're so accessible, this is marvelous. Well, check out what the audience was told when one of them asked, when do we get to ask questions of Kamala?
Speaker 1: You're not.
Speaker 9: Unfortunately, we have some pre determined questions and I hopefully I'll be able to ask some of the questions that might be in your head.
Speaker 1: I hope. So you're just here to shut up and listen to.
Speaker 2: Pre planned questions that she's been given in advance, and her team have prepared answers for her well. Much like Kel said, I don't think she'd read the brief because this town hall was an absolute sious muzzle of word salad after word salad. He has one short, painful clip for your delectation and delight.
Speaker 10: We cannot despair, We cannot despair. You know, the nature of a democracy is such that I think there's a duality. On the one hand, there's an incredible strength when our democracy is intact, an incredible strength in what it does to protect the freedoms and rights of its people.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's great strength.
Speaker 10: In that, and it is very fragile. It is only as strong as our.
Speaker 1: Willingness to fight for it. What are you saying? What are you talking about? Do you even know?
Speaker 2: Lady?
Speaker 1: This was so.
Speaker 2: I watched more than that, and I was for choice in picking a clip to play tonight to demonstrate just how.
Speaker 1: Bad she is.
Speaker 2: When she's not reading off an auto kid.
Speaker 5: She's actually trying to do what it called platitudes. That is really nice sounding phrases that every motherhood and apple pie and everyone will just nod the heads, ah, yes, yes, yes, they're nicely. So she's trying to do platy hoods, plat puts, platitude, plantpush is something like that. She's trying to say, come up with nice platitudes that everyone will agree with, but she mangles them. She can't make it coherent. The sentence starts over here, wanders up there, goes down there a bit, and then doesn't reach a conclusion.
Speaker 2: And it's so painful to watch Liz Cheney's face throughout. She's just like, this woman would fail finger painting. I can't. I can't stomach this.
Speaker 3: It's like when Ben Affleck saw Batman versus Superman for the first time. I just thought, Oh, what have I done? What have I gotten involved with?
Speaker 2: If I can, I'm sure Kamala's team would have her stick to the things that she's good at, like this.
Speaker 10: One Nation under Her Groove by Funkadelic, One Nation under a Groove.
Speaker 1: Getting down just for the it can I get it on?
Speaker 6: Its unbelievable.
Speaker 2: She's you can do, That's what.
Speaker 1: She's good at.
Speaker 3: She's like black female Stephen Miles. She does all these ridiculous stuffs, laughs at herself, in the hope that then everyone else will laugh and find it having fun on it. We were really just it's just it's just so terrible, and the Dems have just got to fix this or they will never win another election ever again. Like the idea that you could have this person running for president in the middle of a cost of living crisis in the US, where you've got rustbell steel about blue collar workers who have turned from Barack Obama to Donald Trump, and now there's been this sort of bloodless palace coup to put her in as the candidate who is going to save America quite unquote from Donald Trump, Mark two. And it's this where it's the word salad about you. See, it's democracy and we have to fight for those Your.
Speaker 5: Point, Joe, is really good. I think it's damaging the Democrat brand. It must be. Firstly, the Democrats lied and claimed that there was a perfectly mentally capable person in the in the White House, when they knew perfectly well they had a demented old man who looked in the White House who couldn't do the job and couldn't really understand the English language much anymore. So they lied about that for three years and then when people finally tumble to it because of the famous debate with Donald Trump, then they stuck this woman in front of us, this giggling, shallow distract. I sometimes keep wondering what's wrong with Kamala Harris. There's got to be something wrong. Babylon Bee is a famous satirical website, and their answer to what's wrong with her goes like this, There was a time when she did a dnatist because she really Indian or really black, so she did a dnatist and it came back mostly vodka. Her staff are really surprised because they expected some gin in there. So there's got to be something wrong. You just can't understand how someone could be this bad running for president.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing was, before Joe Biden's brain turned to Porridge, he was actually a capable political operator, and he did have connections with like grassroots kind of normal people like he did actually, you know, maybe not to all the places he remembered, but he did ride the train. But there's but there's I think there's a sense that Kamala Harris, like the most humble thing she can say about herself is that she grew up in a middle class family with a nice one. That's that's as log cabin as you can get. You are an elite, You are a West Coast still lead. You are at San Francisco, West Coast leeds at a time when that is the very type of person that middle American working class people, especially men, cannot relate to, You cannot stand, have nothing in common with, and despise, just as they despise people who go to McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Well, while Trump is doing very well in the polls and more and more people are very confident he's going to get the gong next month, I tell you, the only thing that makes me doubt that is all the cheating we seem to see going on across states when it comes to them trying to clear up their voter rolls without any help from the FEDS. In fact, two of those states, Alabama and Virginia, are being sued by the DOJ for clearing up thousands of illegal voters. And today we learn that Michigan has a very real problem on their hands. And this is big because this is one of the swing states. All eyes on Michigan. These guys have discovered that they've got over five hundred thousand more people registered to vote than are of voting age in the state of Michigan. Check out this absolutely horrendous graph proving to people just how much over the last three years these unauthorized migrant populations are boosting the numbers in these incredibly important swing states, some of them four hundred and one percent, four hundred and forty six percent, seven hundred and thirty four percent increase since twenty twenty one. Now, obviously the red states are trying to clear up this discrepancy and get their voter rolls in order before polling day. The Blue states are doing their darndas to ensure that illegals can vote on the day. Now, there's no knowing, Joe, how many of these five hundred thousand in Michigan actually are illegals. We only know at this point. You've got this many people of voting age in the state of Michigan, and you've got five hundred thousand extra people on your right.
Speaker 3: I think there's two different shod's being conflated here. So from what this article says, the unauthorized migrant population in Michigan is only thirteen thousand, right, and that is increased dramatically, But it's still just thirteen thousand, but overall it has more than five hundred thousand unauthorized registered voters.
Speaker 2: That it would that would we don't know how I imagine the illegal.
Speaker 3: Well, it couldn't be more than thirteen thousand according to this, but that would be a whole bunch of people who would have died but would still their voting roles would still be there, moved to another state there, they'd still be right. And it's sloppy, sloppy, but it's not illegal.
Speaker 5: Sitting there to be harvested. Let me ask you a question. Do you still think it's true that twitty twitty? Was it a stolen election?
Speaker 1: And that's what I keep going to.
Speaker 2: Well, they're doing it in broad daylight this time around, but we're supposed to believe it was squeaky clean in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: We've got to go to a break.
Speaker 2: But when we come back, still works, losing over a million dollars a day. More on that soon, don't go anywhere. Welcome back. We're bringing you tomorrow's news tonight. Joe, you've got the Australian.
Speaker 3: I certainly do. Listen, boy, oh boy, does the Australian have a little cracker on the bottom right hand corner of their front page. Now, a lot of people have very unkindly and very cruelly said that the Teals are only interested in themselves, their own narcissistic political careers, making sort of high profile, grandiose statements about the problems afflicting the world, and don't actually care about what's happening in their own communities. And dare I say it, Liz, dare I say it? And I'm just paraphrasing what other people are saying here, because heaven forbid I would ever say such a thing. That perhaps they're just a little bit out of touch with mainstream Australia the anytime here they're out of touch with it. Well, look, I don't know, I don't know if you've noticed this, but I've been told from my friends in mainstream Australia that there's a housing crisis right, having a cute shortage of housing to the point where some people are homeless and other people can't afford to put food on their children's dinner table, and that we need to build more houses, right. And you would think the Teals they'd be on board with this, because they've got the common part, right, These are people who they see a problem, they solve it. Climate chain housing sol no worries. Come on in refugees, Oh yeah, bring them all in, bring them all in, plenty of room out back, make yourself at home. And that's why this must be fake news. These are fake exhosive story on the front page of the Australian Teals with the taste for nimbism reads the headline. Victorian Teal MPs have strongly criticized key aspects of Premier just Center Allen's plan for high rise towers in Melbourne suburbs, with the former Member for Goldstein Federal members sorr that was wishful thinking.
Speaker 11: The Federal for gold steams Zoey Daniel, warning crash or crash through policies will not fix the housing crisis. So crash or crash through politic crash crash through policies like building more housing.
Speaker 1: That's not good.
Speaker 11: You have to be crazy to make the building more housing would fix the housing crisis.
Speaker 2: They want it built, just not in Zoey Daniels.
Speaker 3: Not in Brighton, beautiful downtown bright There's too many mansions there. It would ruin the local flavor. Just wouldn't be sympatica. You just build it, but build it somebody where you know they call the.
Speaker 5: Poor people like the lossmen of Melbourne is yeah, that's right, and I think they've gone beyond being Nimbi's they're now bananas. Build absolutely nothing anywhere near anyone.
Speaker 3: Anything.
Speaker 5: Over the front page of the National Broadsheet, the last broad sheet newspaper in Australia, down on the bottom right hand corner, there's a story about Wistech, which is one of these high tech companies which has done extraordinarily well and if you've got a few shares in it, they've kept going up and up until the founder and CEO, Richard White, had his personal life all over the newspapers. Story says billionaire White washes his scandals with gag deals and billionaire Richard White signed at least two non disclosure agreements with formal lovers, with abandonment of his legal fight with the Sydney beauty entrepreneur Linda Rogan, bringing an end to a three week saga that's costwise Tech founder billions because the share price has fallen. This has been all over even the financial pages. Now we have a little share portfolio which my wife manages. This is making a furious to say because the share price keeps going down and down, and it was the company was doing well that what they call in the investment industry. The fundamentals are still really sound. And this man keeps running through the newspapers with this.
Speaker 3: Group, amazing number of them. Richard White's rift with his former lover has caused a rift with you and your current lover.
Speaker 5: No, no, we're both on the same side because we're both distressed about this. But there's more than one. There's I think I know about three women involved in this whole.
Speaker 1: It's really finally over. I feel like he's been gracing.
Speaker 5: One of them, so there's more to go.
Speaker 1: Richard, Richard, Richard, I beout.
Speaker 2: You're sorry now, mate?
Speaker 1: Was it worth it?
Speaker 2: Was it really worth it?
Speaker 1: The ties are out?
Speaker 3: I reckon every time I think you're.
Speaker 2: Projecting there, Joe, I think you're projecting to the front page of the Ties. And our Still Works lose one million dollars a day the way our still works and iron Ore operations are propped up to the tune of almost one million dollars a day. Gf G Alliance Executive Chairman sen Jeef Gupta has revealed. The controversial British industrialist says he will redouble his commitment to return the steel works to profitability, but there is no timeline for firing up the blast furnace again.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Liz, I'm sorry I have to interrupt you. I hate to do this on live television, but this story again is clearly an example of fake news. There is no way that the Wyla Steel Works is losing money because I was assured, I was assured by a senior federal politician just a decade ago, that there would be no why a wipeout?
Speaker 5: Nor why alla wipe out there on my TV?
Speaker 3: Nor why Illa wipe out there on my.
Speaker 5: TV, nor why alla wipe out there on my TV? Shocking me right out of my brain.
Speaker 3: Yes, Australia, that really happened, Craig Anderson.
Speaker 2: Isn't that Julia Gillard's ex X.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but he's a human being in his own right list He's not just well, clearly not just Julia Gillard's.
Speaker 3: That's multalented.
Speaker 9: A courtyard of federal performing self bearing self pen composition called no Whale a Wipeout sung to the tune of.
Speaker 3: Skyhooks is in fact sake, So it's absolutely fine. He said there would be no wife.
Speaker 5: You know how bad dad dancing is. When you combine dad dancing but dad singing, it becomes a disaster. Let's get back to something that's making a bit of money. If we look at the Northern Territory the NT news coming out tomorrow, look at the front page of that. Their big front page headline is Singapore Sling. They're talking about a company called sun Cable and the idea behind sun Cable is they build this massive solar farm somewhere in the Northern Territory and then send the electricity by a huge cable under the water to Singapore. Now, at one stage this was being launched by and run by Mike cannon Brooks and Twiggy Forest. Twiggy bailed out because he thought it wasn't going to get anywhere. But this is good news. It looks as though they're making progress. The story says Northern Territory based energy company sun Cable has signed a non binding agreement Singapore's Energy Market Authority to supply one point seventy five gigawats of low carbon electricity from Australia. So it may all happen. I have to say I'm a little nervous because of the words non binding.
Speaker 2: Indeed, is it actually an agreement if it's not binding?
Speaker 3: Well, I think the thing was that they needed Singapore to be on board to make this project viable. So this is one of the ones that we talked about when we did the News Corp Mission zero thing, and it is when you say it's soul of farm in the Northern Territory, it's basically the size of the Northern Territory. It's like the whole not It's incredibly ambitious and there's a lot of will it won't it And the fact that they've now got this deal with Singapore to basically literally run a cable from Australia to Singapore and power half the.
Speaker 2: City or whatever, very ambitious.
Speaker 3: It's extremely ambitious. They will, however, also now need to run a second cable to Wyala.
Speaker 1: To charge the similar.
Speaker 3: Non existent Wyala wipeout. Just finally, I just want to pay respect to our colleagues in the Herald Sun south of the Border down Mexico Way. This is their front page here. It's about a catastrophic staffing shortage in Victoria, one of many obviously where there aren't enough staff to care for mums and babies, mums pregnant, mums of giving birth and have just given birth, and the babies that emerge from them. But it's not so much that that I want to draw your attention to, but just that incredible splash head midwife crisis.
Speaker 5: Someone on the subjection mid.
Speaker 3: That's right, someone was waiting for them. We have a shortage of midwives, so I can say midwife crisis.
Speaker 2: But it is some startling research that's been done here which shows that a third of current midwives we're considering leaving now and we're already sure, so who's going to deliver the babies?
Speaker 1: Come on, we need more midwives here in Australia.
Speaker 2: Or maybe they think it doesn't matter now that we've hit a record low of one point five fertility rate.
Speaker 1: We've got right.
Speaker 2: Now, you say that every time.
Speaker 3: Come on, I got my three a half.
Speaker 1: We're going to go to a break now.
Speaker 2: But stay tuned for parents suing a school district for a poor grade their sun got due to an AI generated assignment Sea Zoon.
Speaker 1: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Just when you think education couldn't get any worse, it turns out to every rock bottom, there is a trapdoor. Parents in Massachusetts are suing their school district because their son got a D on an assignment that obviously whoever was grading it realized was AI generated and accused the boy of plagiarism. Get a load of the parent's argument.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Harris says, he's.
Speaker 2: Been accused of cheating and it wasn't cheating. There was no rule in the handbook against AI.
Speaker 1: So our argument to the school was.
Speaker 2: Could you fail in with a fifty nine instead of a fifty three so he can have a bus. He's applying to top tier schools. He's applying to Stanford, he's applying to Mit.
Speaker 1: They see a C grade and it's.
Speaker 2: Going in the trash shave his future. This mother is pleading and now is going to court because the school's refusing to do so. Their lawyer is arguing that in fact AI isn't necessarily plagiarism. There are bodies of work that claim that whoever's generated the AI then is the intellectual owner of said intellectual property. So this is just one of those unbelievable stories.
Speaker 1: Kel is like only in America.
Speaker 5: Well, the problem was that the handbook with all the rules in was printed a little while ago, and since then someone invented AI, they couldn't, so they need to update it. AI do my homework for me, please, And then here's the document you can't give a mark on that. They should it should he shouldn't have got a D. You shouldn't have got an F for failure. It shouldn't been. But the idea that we can play this, we can play this legal game. We can take you to court and say no, no, it doesn't come under the word plagiarism. Therefore, you've got to bear in mind we want to get him into wear my too, so you want.
Speaker 3: To although what the good news is that the robot actually did get into MI I T So it's all fine, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Better chances if you're the actual AI.
Speaker 2: The mother also argued that he had a perfect what do they call it in the States. It's not it's an act.
Speaker 5: It's called a set score.
Speaker 1: A SAD score.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go with that. She argued, he's got a perfect SAX.
Speaker 1: Score, which begs the question.
Speaker 2: How did he get that perfect SAT score?
Speaker 1: How much AI?
Speaker 3: That's one smart algorithm.
Speaker 1: You've just opened a can of worms.
Speaker 3: I don't like to thank God for making it all possible.
Speaker 2: You've really thrown your own son under the bus. There, that's a wrap from us. Thanks for joining us. Stay tune for the Rita Pannehy Show.