Speaker 1: Lateener, welcome the Late Debate.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for joining us on the Late Debate. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Stauer and Joe Hilda Brand. You'd be familiar with how some parents do a gender reveal to show the gender of their newborn child.
Speaker 3: Well we've got a very unusual.
Speaker 2: Gender reveal to show you a little later in the program. Plus, when we look at the papers, the Tasmanian government promised to build ten thousand new homes, turns out they've built six in six years. And a story on the front page of Tomorrow's Australian detailing how labor MPs have been told to stop posting silly memes about nuclear energy if they want to win the debate.
Speaker 3: Who knew.
Speaker 2: We talk about all of that soon, but first let's talk about youth crime because it's a huge problem in the country, but what to do about it. Well, in Queensland, David Chris A. Fooley is proposing adult time for adult crimes, where if a young person commits a serious offense, they'll be sentenced as if they're an adult. In South Wales you've got wanding laws where police will be able to search young people for knives. But in Victoria, well, they're going with a novel approach encouraging teenagers to dob on each other. The program is called Share if You Care. But for the idea to work well, Crime Stoppers will need to overcome the natural reticence of young people to dB each other. In here's Crime Stoppers Chief executive Stella Smith explaining part of that problem.
Speaker 4: We also want to overcome or challenge that thinking around snitches get stitches, which is a common thing that we hear from young people. But I would say to them, who does that narrative actually protect? So if you're thinking about that in family violence incidents, in child sexual abuse cases, that's a narrative that serve perpetrators really really well. What we're saying to young people is you have the power to make a difference. Trusters, come forward with your information and let us do something to actually solve some of these issues in the community.
Speaker 2: Now, Joe and Liz, if they can get over the reticence of young people to dB in their mates, the idea has some mirrit because what they're working on is a lot of young people they've got their phone, so they record crimes and they either post it online or they share it with someone else, and so what they've done is created a website where they've said, if you've got those images or that video on your phone, you can send it in, upload it anonymously, and then police can take it from there.
Speaker 3: What do you think. Look, obviously, the kids who are doing these crimes and then posting about them doing the crimes themselves is deplorable. Posting about it is just idiotic and also deplorable because it actually fuels more crime, because it becomes a sort of cycle of braggadocio where each kids, I know they don't know what bragadocio means, but you know, we're a cycle where each kid they try to outdo each other, and that is what has been happening. I think comparing these kids to pedophiles and domestic violence perpetrators is maybe a bit much.
Speaker 5: That's what they're going to be say.
Speaker 3: I don't think. Yeah, I think that's a bit weird. But again, saying oh, we've got to change the narrative around stitches, get stitches, Well, how about you change the narrative around the stitches. In other words, how can you guarantee that someone even if they're able to upload the video anonymously. Whoever gets caught as a result of that is going to know that someone who had that video, someone in their circle, someone who there will be no doubt some kind of paper trail from or the kid will remember did that. And so how I mean, I grew up in a pretty, you know, rough suburb at the time. You know you didn't you didn't snitch, not necessarily because of just some you know, code of honor, as though you were sort of, you know, a boy scout who had sworn an oath of allegiance to whoever. You didn't snitch because you're scared of the payback. That's where the stitches come in. And so I think let's talk about the narrative and more talking about the stitches. Maybe that might convince them kids to come forward.
Speaker 6: That was my thoughts exactly when she's like, snitches get snitches. But think about it, who does that narrative protect? It protects the person who doesn't snitch because they know they're going to be the one to get the stitches.
Speaker 5: Hence the saying lady.
Speaker 6: But of course the anonymity part of this is what crime Stoppers is leaning most heavily on. Encouraging young people, Hey, you can just upload it. No one will ever know it's you, although they might remember who was there at the time, and who had their phones out, and who are their friends that they might have shared that footage with. But here is Stella Smith from Crime Stoppers, once again underlying this idea of it will be completely safe kids just upload anonymously.
Speaker 4: We can have young people sharing video footage with us on our website. Very easy to report to crime Stoppers. Obviously you can do it over the phone, but the online reporting platform for us has really taken off. Around two thirds our report in Victoria are received online and many of those have video footage with them. So what we're saying to young people is, if you have this video footage on your phone, or you have video footage that you've filmed and put somewhere else, share it with crime Stoppers so that we can actually do something about it. Don't you share it with your friends. Don't leave it and ignore it.
Speaker 7: Now I'm really torn over this because obviously we all remember the school yard where it was always the teachers who encouraged dibberdobbing and all the students who despised it and that's something that I think is ingrained in Aussie culture.
Speaker 6: Nobody likes a dibb adobber. And I've noticed that the state has more and more encouraged people to go down this route, whether it's illegal parking. They've now got this new app that you can go on. There's been six thousand reports just this year. If you see someone illegally parked in your neighborhood, tell the state about them and just as will be done.
Speaker 5: So there's that kind of dabbing going on during the pair. In July twenty.
Speaker 6: One, we saw crime stoppers get ten thousand calls dabbing people in post a anti lockdown rally that.
Speaker 8: Only had three thousand, five hundred attendees. Three thousand, five hundred attendees and ten thousand people who were friends or family or maybe saw photos online who were then ringing up crime stoppers to be like, I'm here to dob do you want to.
Speaker 6: Know their names and numbers? I find that truly frightening. It does remind people of Nazi Germany, the USSR, where everyone.
Speaker 5: Became community informants.
Speaker 6: And the kind of distrust that creates amongst neighbors and friends, family otherwise tight knit communities is something I think the society really does roll their nose up at and should obviously in this context, they're just trying to, hey, get you guys to help us out with your own youth crime problem.
Speaker 5: Just don't know that it's going to be popular and amongst youth.
Speaker 9: And I don't think it should be because we all know we've now got issues like climate change breathing down our necks where it's just going to be a matter of time where that will to be a dibber dobber as.
Speaker 3: The highest crime stuffers. Next door's got your reconditioner on. Again. They don't even have soul luck.
Speaker 6: Joe's had two barbecues within the last month. Okay, we're only allowed one according to state rules.
Speaker 8: I saw him drive his car three times last week.
Speaker 5: That's exting.
Speaker 2: This is because this is where you've this evidence of a cross on your look.
Speaker 3: I don't mind that. I don't I don't mind that they're doing it and that they're trying to solve those crimes. But again, I'm just not convinced that she's speaking the language of the youth, you know what I mean. Think about it. We have we have a website now that's proving quite popular with the kids today. It's on the largest upload your video to our HTTP address on the World Wide Web. And if you do that, then you will know that you have served your community well. Because when you think about it, we do have to change the narrative of that old say you get to it again, like if you're gonna ask, like you're not just asking young people, like any young person is not looking at that yeah word, you know, okay boomer, you know, no young person is actually listening to that full stop let swift. Let alone, that's right. Let alone.
Speaker 10: A young criminal, a young violent criminal who is hanging around taking videos of you know, his mate bashing other people or doing break and enders or whatever it is that they do.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're going to respond to that. I would do something like we'll give you some cash and you won't get bashed for a tag of courses.
Speaker 2: They're putting it on teenagers to dob in their mates, when the real issue is the Victorian government want to raise the age of criminal responsibility. We all know they've been lax on bail conditions. The police force aren't respected because they've got this you know, pick and choose attitude when it comes to crime. If you protest lockdowns, you get shot with a rubber bullet. But if you protest in favor of Palestine and do all sorts of disruptions, somehow police stand back. And then you've got the government themselves who are incredibly arrogant, full of secrecy. And we wonder whether there's a youth crime problem. I wonder where they're learning it all from.
Speaker 6: Indeed, and look, it's not a dumb idea to just be like, let's see if we can get the youth themselves.
Speaker 5: To dB each other in.
Speaker 6: But while an upload will be anonymous on the site, you mean to tell me that crime Stoppers doesn't know exactly who posted that and can they themselves contact that person to find out more about Okay, who are these people in the video?
Speaker 5: It's not like they wouldn't then be there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sure, well, I'm sure they would just maybe just by seeing the person's face, they would then have the police database and the thing to match. I'm sure it's probably not the first time a lot of these people have come into contact with law. But again, if this is their idea of a campaign that appeals to criminal teenagers to come forward. And again it's a very good point. Snitches get stitches could well be you know Dan Andrews policy on hotel quarantine.
Speaker 5: Who is in charge it? I just don't like this ongoing idea of dog.
Speaker 3: People into Yeah, now there's something a bit off about it.
Speaker 5: Let State Daddy know and he'll If you can't.
Speaker 3: Rust your fellow criminal gang members not to w it, who can you trust as crazy wealth?
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of anonymity, there's not much in schools run by the Exclusive Brethren's parents of a network of private schools run by the church sect of complaining their children are being monitored for their online activity, both in school and outside of school. Now, I've got a couple of thoughts on this because there's a couple of issues. The first is that these students are in thirty one campuses across Australia, about twenty five hundred students. They're issued with school laptops and so they know that their activity online will be monitored by the school, but then it's reported to the church that they're a part of. But more than that, parents are expected to report any unauthorized online activity from their kids to the church as well. One of the parents from one of the schools told the Guardian quote, you can't protect your child as a parent without getting done as a member of the church. They're looking for you to dob in your child if they're doing anything the church doesn't like. So I've got two thoughts on this. Number One, great to see some parents taking some active interest in their children's online behavior. Would that more parents would And good on the school for doing that as well. I don't have any problem there. But where it gets messy is then, according to reports in the Guardian from parents and school staff, parents are expected to report any misbehavior from their children to the church, who then provide pastoral care, which starts to sound a little imposing on a nuclear family.
Speaker 3: Especially when we already know that snitches get stitches. Exactly the parents are snitching on their kids, what kind of example are they setting to the non dobbers of tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Sorry, I'm not quite sure what the idea behind this of Firstly, farbeit from me to believe a Guardian report, the OSG, the umbrella of these schools, does say nothing's being breached in the Privacy Act. Everyone is aware of the happening, all students they sign up for this when they join the school, So I'm kind of like, who's really complaining about this? Go to another school if you don't like it.
Speaker 9: Then they make a big deal about all their CCTV camp all over our campuses.
Speaker 5: There's CCTV all over every campus, as it should be. That's just no brainer. And while we're.
Speaker 6: Being watched constantly, it's a state of surveillance. I simply don't understand why anyone would complain about this when this is the system that you signed up to. And I actually take my hat off to these people who are taking very seriously, especially at a time when the government is crowing about it every single day, the damage that social media is doing to our young people. We've got to protect them online. Well, these guys have just stepped.
Speaker 5: In and done it themselves.
Speaker 6: Now that isn't to say that these kids couldn't get their hands on another device that isn't monitored. These are school laptops, which I think all school laptops should have very serious net nannies on them.
Speaker 5: And some of the sites that are.
Speaker 6: Banned include facebooks, So these kids can't be on school laptops using Facebook. And we know that kids get into trouble with those We're talking about social media and the damage it does on young people. These guys are ensuring well you can't even access it.
Speaker 2: Do the imagine thing about this Joe, You would know this is her parent, right is When I was a kid, my mum and dad always knew where I was, then who I was with.
Speaker 3: They all knew that.
Speaker 2: But these days your child can be sitting beside you on the couch, they've got a device, and you don't know where they are or who they're with. They could be anywhere in the world, talking to absolutely anybody.
Speaker 3: It's very difficult. You can that's right, and you try and sort of do all the right things. You try and put the parental controls and you try to do them, but of course there's no way you can monitor everything they're doing all the time know what you want to. You want to equip them with the skills to be able to use their judgment, to know when something feels off. It doesn't feel right to have a relationship where they'll tell you about things instead of being ashamed or embarrassed and not tell you and all that sort of stuff. But this story has got everything for me, Like the idea that parents who have chosen to send their kids to school run by the Exclusive Brethren and now complaining that they seem to be kind of pretty strict and stickless through the rules. I'd always try to ask and what we're doing, And I was like, if you don't want to be part of a community that has strict rules and very strict expectations and a bit cloistered from you know, other websites of those sorts of values, I don't know, maybe don't join a cult like it's the Exclusive Brethren. What about an Exclusive Brethren? Don't you understand? I mean that does exactly what it says on the package. They're exclusive and they're a Brethren, Like I just don't, just like if you how are you complaining about this? And how is any member of the Exclusive Brethren talking to the Guardian? Have you gotta complain about him? At let's complain about him to a newspaper? Then heard off like, no way from the Exclusive Brethren is reading this? Oh jeems? It says, did you see brother Michael, Brother Michael, have you seen the Guardian? What's the Guardian? The Guyian like our guardian Angel?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Like you I mean like you know, it's just bumkers. It is like, it's bumkers what they're doing, and it's obviously ridiculously over the top. But if you go, if you're hanging out with the Exclusive, if you're putting your kids in your school exclusive Brethren, like, what on earth do you expect?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 3: Oh this exclusive Brethren thing? Oh jase's a bit harder that I thought. I thought they'd be a bit more laid back. You know, they're not like this at the pub.
Speaker 6: And it bears mentioning that the OSG do insist that the Church is in no way involved in all this surveillance that the parents are complaining of Chinese. It doesn't make sense on quite a few fronts, but I'd say it's just another stitch up by the Guardian on a group of people who are obviously very, very churchy and therefore probably not the Guardian's type. To a disturbing story about an Australian engineer by the name of Robert Pether. He was arrested in twenty twenty one in Iraq and in what can only be described as completely trumped up chargers. Nobody can make head nor tail of the case, but he and his colleague have been in prison now in Iraq for.
Speaker 5: Over three years.
Speaker 6: They were slapped with a sentence of five years and find sixteen million dollars, and there they remain, despite what the Albanese calls their very best efforts to get him out. One wonders, though, why were we so aware of, say, the case of cheng Lie, And yet have you ever heard of Robert Pether?
Speaker 5: Probably not well.
Speaker 6: His wife has decided to take matters into her own hands.
Speaker 5: After Defat has repeatedly told her it's best to stay quiet.
Speaker 6: About this because that could impede our chances of getting him out. She says, it has been a very, very difficult journey, and after over three years, I have extreme anxiety. I have panic attacks and a lot of mental health issues, and a significant part of that is dealing with my own government. It's a living hell, and every week we wonder what new fresh level of hell we're going to face.
Speaker 5: It really doesn't need to be this hard. Now.
Speaker 6: The UN has said that in their estimation, he is being arbitrarily detained.
Speaker 5: The judge only looked at this for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: They'd already been detained for five months waiting for their movement in court, the judge slapped this five year imprisonment sentence, this massive fine on them within fifteen minutes. And again nobody knows what the details of this case is. They're accused of fraud basically, but that's it.
Speaker 5: And I say, hats off to his wife for just.
Speaker 6: Going, okay, this isn't getting enough publicity.
Speaker 3: It's it's publicity. Not all publicity is good publicity, despite what I.
Speaker 5: Think, No, after three years have been yeah.
Speaker 3: I can understand why should desperate. I'm thinking, look, there's nothing, there's nothing else we can do. I mean, obviously nothing to lose at this. I mean, I know people who's got to do this, do this job and do that sort of representation, and you know they do work very hard, often weighs very heavily on their conscience. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do. Regime like you're have in Iraq. I have no doubt. I mean, it's sort of immaterial what he is always't accused of doing. There's no natural justice, there's no due process, and so obviously the system is completely and utterly cooked. The question is whether Australia has any leverage with which to get him out, whether the.
Speaker 6: Content leverage if we don't have any not really like anyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and look, I'm sure I'm sure there would be attempting to do that, and I'm sure if we had things, I mean, you can do things with cheng Leo was obviously a bit different because she was a very high profile journalist. There was impossible not to notice that she'd suddenly just disappeared. And of course you've got a media company that advocates for her, as we did here.
Speaker 6: But that's horrible to think just because she had profile.
Speaker 3: But again that's right, and again that may necessary that that could probably just as easily have backfired as it Well, I don't think anyone. I mean, I know I certainly did, and I know I know a lot of people, even people right at the very top of the government, and maybe it was as surprised as anyone else when suddenly China decided that they were going to release and that would have been done as part of, like you said, a suite of negotiations that would involved, you know, trade embargoes, which would have involved, you know, turning down the rhetoric on China, things a lot of people are around had about. So you know, these sorts of payoffs of the sort of thing that happen all the time. I wish these people every bit of luck in the world. It must be absolutely horrible for them.
Speaker 2: Let's have listened to Kylie Moore Gilbert. She founded the Australian Wrongful and Arbitrary Detention Alliance after she herself had been wrongfully detained in Iran for a couple of years.
Speaker 11: His her comments, Australian engineer Robert Pether has spent more than two years in a filthy Iraqi jail cell as a hostage in a contractual dispute between his employer and the Iraqi Central Bank. This loving family man must be allowed to return home to.
Speaker 5: His wife and kids.
Speaker 11: We are calling on the Australian government to bring him home right now.
Speaker 2: Now. The organization that she helped her found has persuaded the Senate to launch an inquiry into how Australia deals with people wrongfully detained. And there's a couple of issues they've found. This one is that there's no standalone office in this country dealing with the thousands of Australians who imprisoned all around the world. So there needs to be one place you go to it the moment you go to your consul official, who goes to defat and apparently you're always chasing different people. The other issue is there's no definition for wrongfully detained in this country. So while we've got thousands of people in prisons around the world, there's no easy way of defining who particularly needs government help and who does not, and so it's all pretty confusing at the moment. And the other problem, of course is, as you said, not all publicities good publicity. But if you feel like you're not getting anywhere, you feel like you've been given the run around in your own country, eventually you say, you know what, stuff, I'm going to speak to the media, and you may end up saying something that could jeopardize the case.
Speaker 3: In But it's also more just you don't want to get the country's back up, Like so when me my dad used to do letter writing campaigns for Amnesty International and stuff, and you're never writing a letter saying you evil, despotic dictator. You're locking this person up for no good reason. How dare you release them? Immediately you say, you know, dear Colonel Gaddafi, you know we realize that a man of your standing would never tolerate this happening. We are bringing to your attention this terrible injustice that some of your life and that's what the government's fought and that's why it's called diplomacy. But again, you know, if a Raq just doesn't care about that, I mean, it's pretty clear that there have been quite a few Iraqi regimes that don't really give much of a figure about what the West thinks of it, what the Western media thinks it, like Iraq's will see all this publicity, see all this stuff, and so why do we care? The The other question becomes that, all right, well, what leverage do we have on a in China? Obviously there's a trading relationship we have that we can lean on. Do we have any real relationship with the Raq apart from the fact that we sent troops there to have to work through lives so the US. So that's right, and you know, it's fair to say the Middle East has bigger problems on its plate right now. So again this is not clearly what this person is going through is horrendously in just and unfair. But unless Australia has something Iraq wants, there's there's a limit, Or unless Iraq is a good faith actor who believes in the rule of law, and you know international law.
Speaker 6: That is where comes in to create leverage. It's like, Okay, what do we have that you would want that we could possibly get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe we've got some Iraqi prisoners here. I don't know.
Speaker 6: Let himself wrote a letter to Australia imploring Australians please do whatever you can. I imagine that is put pressure on your own government to get me out.
Speaker 5: He is a husband and father of four children.
Speaker 6: The letter that he wrote to Australia in part reads.
Speaker 5: If I can just get that up on the screen.
Speaker 6: I was forced to sign a pre written incriminating confession in Arabic, a language I don't read or understand, after being locked in a cupboard, dey raided and starved.
Speaker 5: There was no opportunity to defend myself.
Speaker 6: I have pleaded for three years for Prime Minister alban Easian Foreign Minister Wong to do everything they can to help me and.
Speaker 5: Get me home. So far, I just feel abandoned.
Speaker 6: I am sick and worried I will not survive this ordeal much longer. And indeed, knowing the conditions that he's in, what we do know of the conditions that he's in, one would wonder if he.
Speaker 5: Could could last another two years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of great injustices, Americans have Joe Biden as their president. He's currently hosting the NATO Summit, which must be awful for him because all the world's media are watching his every move for signs of dementia. A Fifth Democrat, one of his colleagues, has now come out calling for him to stand aside. And on top of that, Donald Trump has challenged him to a game of golf.
Speaker 8: I'm also officially challenging Crooked to an eighteen hole golf match right here.
Speaker 5: It will be among the most watched sporting events.
Speaker 8: In history, maybe bigger than the Ryder Cup or even the Masters.
Speaker 2: I just love the way to Trump may not help himself but challenge you to golf. But not just any golf game. This will be the greatest. He'll be bigger than the Olympics. It'll be bigger than Ben her Do Recon. He goes home at night and he just sits on his couch and thinks I was funny to He loves trolling.
Speaker 5: He is the ultimate troll. He loves trolling, and he's incredibly good at it.
Speaker 6: Of course, Biden is never going to take him up on this offer. His moments of being able to get around unaided don't really last longer than a breath mint. Nowadays, he is struggling physically as well as mentally, and this is something that an expert with regard to which disease is at Parkinson's decided to take to the airwaves in America and explain, I could actually have told you that this guy has Parkinson's, having just observed him across the way in a crowded shopping center.
Speaker 1: Word finding difficulties and that's not oh I couldn't find the word. That's from degeneration of the word retrieval area.
Speaker 2: He's also overcome stuttering though, could that be part of that too.
Speaker 1: No, this is not a palattle issue or a speech discrepancy, which is very different from a Lemono dysfunction actual word retrieval where you pick a similar question or talk around the issue. Plus the rigidity monotone voice, Wait, go back to that, the rigidity, loss of arms swing standing up lord Dotically, you notice when he turns it's kind of n block turning.
Speaker 3: It's not a quick turn.
Speaker 1: So that's one of the hallmarks of Parkinson's is rigidity and braded kinesias, slow movement, and he has that hallmark, especially with the low voices. That was a cold hypophonia. A small monotone voice like this over time is a hallmark of Parkinsonism.
Speaker 3: I could have diagnosed him from across.
Speaker 12: The mall, Parkinson's expert calling it loud and clear.
Speaker 6: And yet here is a picture of Biden determined to stay in the.
Speaker 5: Race at all costs. There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. That is a direct quote from Biden.
Speaker 6: By the way, he has declared, let me be clear as I can, I am staying in the race.
Speaker 3: I believe that image has been digitally altered. Look, they just had a bit of photoshopping there. He's got Kin Kardashian to do. The thing is it is honestly just extraordinary. And the fact that I think people in now I'm now seeing reports saying that most Democrats are still saying they support him. It's like, that's not really the point. It's not like whether or not you get fifty one percent of your own side saying that as the president and candidate and nominee they support you. It's kind of like, if any don't support you, that's a problem that is very bad on the logistics style of Joe Biden's particular mental acuity. We all know that he has come out and said, look, after eight pm, not at my best. It's probably bedtime, probably duck in for a nap. And so a reporter from Fox News in the White House decided to really get to the bottom of what this means for the security of the United States of America. I mean, what if the axis of evil doesn't sleep after eight pm Eastern? Have a little see that.
Speaker 1: The Pentagon at some point picks up an incoming nuke.
Speaker 6: It's eleven pm.
Speaker 3: Who do you call the first leady?
Speaker 13: He has a team that.
Speaker 5: Lets him know of any of any news that is.
Speaker 13: Pertinent and important to the American people. He has someone or that is decided on obviously with his National Security Council.
Speaker 5: And who gets to tell him that news.
Speaker 3: Poor old Korean Jean Pierre. She's not having a good days. She says, It's all right.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden has he has a team of doctors of neurologists. But then the other part about this is you've got the press now in the White House briefing room openly mocking the President of the United States and his White House spokesperson clearly just looking incredibly uncomfortable and not even really trying to hand or diffuse. She just wants to get out of there.
Speaker 5: It could not be any.
Speaker 3: Worse, and it's terrible, Like, how would you wish that Joe on someone you might as well be giving the job of, you know, selling, will he jumpers to estimate? It's just amazing. It's I cannot believe that it has gotten this far. I still just do not understand how like he hasn't just been blasted out by everyone anyone with the past failing that, where is the CIA when you need them?
Speaker 2: And yet they conu RFKM.
Speaker 5: Come on, you've done it before, you can do it again.
Speaker 3: We know, isn't there a switch or something that they can just like I've got to power him down, he's gone row.
Speaker 2: Yet they continue to insist that, you know, everything is fine. Have listened to John Kirby and Kareine Jean Pierre talking about how Joe Biden will hold a series of press conferences which they are calling big boy press conferences.
Speaker 4: After that, the president will hold a press conference.
Speaker 11: I guess a big boy press conferences.
Speaker 5: We're calling it, and take some questions from me.
Speaker 13: On this week, President Biden will speak to national labor leaders of a fl CIO host the Natal Summit to show the unprecedented strength of our alliance. Holy press conference, a big boy prince conference. According to Justin Sink from Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing it's called a big boy press conference because Lizzy, if he does a good job, they say, good boy, you've been in Good boy.
Speaker 3: He's getting out of the shorts. He's putting his big boy pants on. Sadly, as we know from Willpi Goldberg, those pasts last night.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's not go back.
Speaker 12: So, speaking of very concerning issues, the legal immigrants in America are very worried about how the illegals may vote in the coming election. Here is one of those legal migrants saying, guys, please don't vote for the nearly dead guy.
Speaker 14: So, as a new American who'll be voting for the first time for president this November, I have one big fear for a country. Recently, I've spoken to multiple people who plan to vote for Joe Biden, and the sentiment I keep getting is that it doesn't matter. If Joe Biden gets wheeled into the White House every morning, they will vote for him. They have convinced himself that a nearly dead to Joe Biden is better than any alternative. This is where we have gotten to as a country and as an immigrant who.
Speaker 3: Loves this country.
Speaker 14: This is a sad state of affairs.
Speaker 6: There you have a new migrant being like, guys, please do not do this, do not go down this path. But we do know in fact that this is happening. What you're about to watch is a footage of a worker from me, familiar voter in Palm Beach, who is just out the open registering voters near the Department of Motor Vehicles. Check out what she says to what's asked of her?
Speaker 1: What do you have to have to sign up the group?
Speaker 2: A driver's license?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 13: No, no, no, you have to be a US citizen.
Speaker 5: It's a friendly name. But how do you approve it though? Oh, you have to trust in the people. If they lie, no, listen to me. If they lie, you know what exactly?
Speaker 7: You know when.
Speaker 2: Always hazing anybody in this time, Yes they do.
Speaker 3: If they do the polony and you're never gonna become a US citizen.
Speaker 5: If you do that felony.
Speaker 6: Never know, those Dems know exactly what they're doing. And for those saying, oh no, if you're not a citizen, you can't vote, it's that simple. I don't understand why they keep saying allowing ten thousand illegals over the border during the Biden term may lead to any kind.
Speaker 5: Of election rigging.
Speaker 6: This is one of the most comprehensive explainers I have ever read, and I found it on Twitter, the great platform that it is. This explainer says they are not importing Democrat voters, They are importing people names, and that allows the state fraud process to generate ballots.
Speaker 5: This is an important distinction. The migrants will not use the ballots.
Speaker 6: The DNC harvesters collect them, fill them out, then the precinct workers will scan.
Speaker 5: Them and count them.
Speaker 6: Illegals don't need to vote, They only need to exist to create a ballots.
Speaker 3: What does that mean? What do you mean what they're saying that that people because.
Speaker 5: You've got the names, You've got people, right?
Speaker 3: The Democrats any voting on their behalf.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like they did in twenty vote. You must have seen some of the footage one of them was caught live on air.
Speaker 6: A CNN reporter was standing near the voter booths and there was someone stuffing it right behind them.
Speaker 5: I was watching it just today, laughing my head off.
Speaker 6: These guys were caught like stuffing votes into these voting ballots, not the one that you're supposed to have.
Speaker 5: Do you just believe none of that happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe most of it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: That the problem at the Department of Motor Vehicles is in nineteen states in the US.
Speaker 3: You don't have to show ideas. Understand That's different to saying.
Speaker 2: What you get your driver's license, right, you don't have to show ID, and then on the driver's license form you also can get voter registration and you simply have to sign and you get it unless you don't.
Speaker 5: It's all.
Speaker 3: I understand that. But that's very different to saying that that there's some Democrat offerative somewhere who was just filling out all these ballot papers and then voting on other people who were therefore none of them could go and get their role anyway.
Speaker 5: Thousands of dead people voted.
Speaker 3: The final old American tradition.
Speaker 6: Okay, and you don't think that they would not anybody.
Speaker 3: There are always there are always regularities. The Department of the idea that this is happening on a masscar is not true.
Speaker 5: The department votivehicles.
Speaker 3: Illegals leaders as they're voting themselves. That's one thing, right, if they're coming in and you're saying they don't have sufficient idea, they may not be citizens, but.
Speaker 5: At least they're going and.
Speaker 3: Walking to because it's because this is the other great conspiracy, which is that you know that they're going in there for Democrats because the Democrats are the ones are soft on bodys. They're letting them in, so of course they're going to invote for them. Okay, so we say that, but the idea that someone is actually just fil not even having them go and sign off their names of the roles, but someone is filling in all the ballots, signing off all their names off the roll, and then just sticking them in.
Speaker 5: You can put it past them. When there is literal there are a countless.
Speaker 2: Video even if even if you want to argue the loss over that we saw evidence there that they're taking people's word for it that they're citizens as they're being signed up for voting forms. And these are people who entered the US illegally, So why would you take their word when the first thing they did coming to America was break the law.
Speaker 5: We're to go to a break.
Speaker 2: When we come back with what's making news tomorrow, right, welcome back. Most of us would be familiar with gender reveals, Liz, but you've got a very unusual one.
Speaker 6: I genuinely didn't think i'd live to see the day that a modern day online trend more awkward than those full term anked pregnancy shoots would rise. But today I discovered I was wrong. Ladies and gentlemen, the adult gender reveal for adults who believe.
Speaker 5: That they can and have changed their gender. Here's what they're up to now.
Speaker 12: I mean, so they had an awkward, awkward.
Speaker 3: Exchange. Yeah, and then had a gender reveal party.
Speaker 2: Some came out as a.
Speaker 3: Dead named I got it right. Yeah, it's awkward.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 2: We were talking about media training early and how the Queensland government is giving bureaucrats media training. Well, maybe US Congresswoman Maxine Waters should get some media training. Check out this car crash interview on CNN.
Speaker 15: They've seen President Biden, They've lived through his presidency. They've also seen former President Trump, they've lived through his presidency. They've heard these arguments about democracy, about the fate of the election, and yet Trump is not only winning, but winning increasingly by a larger margin. So what is the plan among Democrats to change that trajectory? It sounds like you're talking about saying and doing all the same things.
Speaker 5: But do you believe that something needs to change.
Speaker 3: I think we need to keep working.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not easy to be on TV. It can be quite difficult and stuff. What do you think could you relate to that at all?
Speaker 6: For anyone who's been in a studio, you can, though, So she clearly doesn't know that the camera's on until she's talking.
Speaker 5: So she's like, as long as the other lady's talking, I'm going to fix my hair.
Speaker 6: Although it was very hard to discern what she actually wanted to achieve.
Speaker 3: She was obvious same it was in the middle, it was going off. It was obviously using her shot to look at their hair and fix the hair. And I just and again, we've all I'm sure everyone's been there and it's all fined. But Maxine, that thing that you were looking at that you thought was a mirror. It's not a mirror, that's a television. And you're right, why does every Democrat have dementia? What's fancy policy doing?
Speaker 5: How do we get her? There's something in the water in the demo.
Speaker 2: That's all we've got time for. But stick around because coming right up is Danika Degeorgio with the Redependent Show. All right, there's a lot making news in tomorrow's papers. You get it here first, Liza, you've got the career mail.
Speaker 16: Yes, I do the splash read spin Docks hired and then fired. Queensland Health hired a communications agency to teach top bureaucrats how to protect the government's image from LNP attack when Parliamentary estimates hearings start this months. The article goes on to say, in major revelations, it turns out Queensland Health allocated tens of thousands of dollars to a comms agency to deliver media training to its executives and then when the Courier.
Speaker 5: Mail asks questions about this, they quickly acts the whole thing.
Speaker 6: So sorry, comms agency, you're not getting Queensland's tax by your dollars. To pull the wool over their eyes regarding their own health develpment.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 3: That's the worst spin possible. That is the worst pr possible. Like surely the spin doctors who they will hired said no, no, no, you can't sack us. Now they fight us, because that's just admitting exactly that we were doing a dodgy job and politicize the department. What you've got to do is keep us on so that we can then give you really stodgy, boring, pointless advice that doesn't actually benefit you that much but looks generic and apolitical and non partisan in nature.
Speaker 6: This is the health Department that when they launched their new site, Shannon Fentamen, the health Minister, who incidentally doesn't know what a woman is.
Speaker 2: Maybe she could get a communications agency to help her explain what a woman is.
Speaker 5: That would be sure she has one on the job. But clearly no one can.
Speaker 6: Work that interrupt but no, they launched their ubute new Health Department website and made headlines because they'd left out massive chunks of data pre COVID, so people couldn't do comparisons with regards to hospitalizations and how the hospitals were actually performing in the state. Pre COVID as opposed to during COVID as opposed to post COVID. These guys are dodgy, dodge rama and now they've been caught out hiring these spin doctors. And when they were caught out, they fired and talk about we just admit we're in the wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just never admit. What do they do? Did the website say Queensland hospitals are for Queenslanders? I thought that would be a nice headline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's their much From page of Tasmania's Mercury Search for Home Truths reads the headline. The state government has been accused of fudging its ten thousand new homes pledge, as the Property Council says there's little chance of hitting the target on time.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: The government have promised ten thousand new homes, but these are not just any new homes. These are social and affordable homes. They've promised ten thousand by twenty thirty two. Turns out they've built just six in six years now. The way they fudged the figures was they claimed they built three thousand, four hundred and twenty two, which is a fairly big difference between six and three thousand, four hundred and twenty two. They were counting vacant blocks of land where houses were intended to be built, which is quite different to actually having built a house. Maybe they could pick up the contract with that company in Queensland to help them do a better job.
Speaker 3: So they are literally building castles in the sky, it will literally building castles on the ground.
Speaker 5: It sounds a lot.
Speaker 6: Like the federal government's plan which started this month. By the way, the whole one point two million homes in the space of five years oils down to tens of thousands of homes every month starting this month.
Speaker 5: Can't wait to see that.
Speaker 2: It's just that the Liberal government in Tasmania they passed legislation to quote unquote fast track development of social housing. And for all their fast tracking six homes in six years, well they're fast tracked the building.
Speaker 3: If they're on a slow track, you don't understand. They fast tracked the building of imaginary houses and that is going completely on budget schedule. That's right. You just don't believe enough, Johnt. But yeah, the state, it's a state and federal housing target. And you'll be pleased to know is that the incredibly beautiful and Chisels chris Min's has already admitted that New South Wales is not going to hit its target, which means that clearly everyone else wrote either. But anyway, he's very honest. One of the reasons I love him going to the Herald Sun now also a very honest mastered youth crime crisis. This has been on the front page of the Hunt many many, many, many many million days in a row. Accused killer and violent thug finally held behind bars amid pledged to slap anklets. I think ankle bracelets on the fifty worst offenders by the end of the year. It's about time. And the story goes on two teams who have been bailed. Why they would be on bail despite one being accused of killing an innocent young man and the other maiming a schoolboy And then of course we're out on bail to roam free. Have finally been held behind bars. As police and community anger grows over Victoria's youth crime crisis, that Alan government has announced a bid to slap ankle bracelets on fifty of the state's worst youth offenders by the end of the year. Let's hope they're good boys before then. With a push for up to two one hundred to be tracked. You know when a socialist left labor government is slapping ankle bracelets on young offenders that they're they really, they're really, there's a there's some serious internal focus groups that are not looking good.
Speaker 2: The thing that's made this headlines is a seventeen year old accused of driving a car that killed somebody was released on bail provided he was subject to a curfew, but within a day and a half of getting home, he disappeared for fifty two hours, no one knew where he was. And last year, twelve to seventeen year olds who were released on bail in Victoria two thousand, seven hundred and seventy times bail was breached by kids in that age group. So I understand why the gun want to track them, But who watches all these young people being just.
Speaker 6: If the numbers are that high, maybe think twice about bail.
Speaker 3: Now, this is the thing. Why why would you be on bail for an offense in which you have allegedly killed kill someone?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's pretty much or that sounds pretty serious.
Speaker 3: We have say not too slightly different obviously, but we've seen this happen time and time again with domestic violence cases. As well, not just in Victoria but everywhere where someone's been accused of domestic violence. They've been charged, they've been bailed, and of course they've got oh well great, I've got, you know, two months to finish the job. And then they've gone and of course killed the person.
Speaker 2: Final policy detention as a last resort. That's why they're now various allegations back into the community exactly.
Speaker 3: And this is why again in New South Wales, where the great Labor right Premier Christians is in charge, they now have a presumption against fail for all serious domestic violence.
Speaker 5: A means you're not without some form.
Speaker 6: I gotta give it to you to the front page of the Australian. Now, Labor MP's told to keep their distance on nuclear Labour's leadership is urging MPs to keep their winter campaigns focus solely on cost of living, while the nuclear debate is being left to Anthony Albanesi, Jim Charmers and Chris Bowen. Amid concerns in ALP ranks, images shared of mutant animals have been counter production. No, I don't say, I mean when I saw some of these pictures, I gotta.
Speaker 5: Say I reconsidered the whole scene.
Speaker 6: I mean, forget the fact that we're the only G twenty country who still has a kibosh.
Speaker 5: On anything nuclear. Forget the fact.
Speaker 6: That the rest of the world, well the Western world, is very much enjoying the.
Speaker 5: Benefits of nuclear.
Speaker 6: Forget that it's emissions free, it's got base load power. Once you get it up and running, it is very affordable. Forget the fact that it ticks every single box we could possibly want here in Australia, especially sitting on some of the world's biggest deposits of uranium. No no, I saw these pictures and I thought twice so I'm really not sure. While the ALP is telling people stop tearing them.
Speaker 3: Again, just to clarify, every single one of those pictures we just saw came from the left wing of the alpage to Alan Andrew Lay from the ISICA and Unions Australia, which is run by the left these days tragically as well. But the article says that these are idiots are under mine labour.
Speaker 2: MPs have been told don't talk about nuclear, focused on cost of living. Nuclear will be discussed by Elban, easy charmers and Chris Bowen. Now we didn't show it, but Chris Bowen was doing memes of Peter Dutton as Sleeping Beauty with the seven dwarves as the seven nuclear reactors.
Speaker 3: But that's so that's different to saying that's sort of funny and you know, like making the point about it. That's different to saying, I know, if you have a nuclear.
Speaker 2: React it's infantile and childish, and he's the energy minister.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a very nuanced contribution to public debate.
Speaker 6: Is he from the right, Joe, he's from the right, absolutely right individual.
Speaker 2: We've got to go to a break when we come back. A unusual kind of gender reveal that's coming up at a moment.