Speaker 1: La La La La la, Lucky Lucky Dip time. It's your Lucky Dip time. Your bite sized Morsel Love a podcast for you to do and listen to while you're doing something little That teakes about seven minutes.
Speaker 2: Morsel, Yes, what a word.
Speaker 1: It's a great word. I love the word morsel like a morsel of food.
Speaker 2: You know, my daughter said to me the other day that was so funny, you know, like cringe words or words that make you that she does because you know what word I don't like? Dangle? And I thought, oh my, the word dangle eitherught. Isn't that a terrible words?
Speaker 1: It's a terrible word. What do you think of when you hear dangle?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Like balls?
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, yes, something like that. Bulls do dangle. Every man you see has a pair of balls. It's so weird.
Speaker 2: And how is it when.
Speaker 1: They just scratch them in front of everybody. I'm like, oh, barrass I've just got to replose them.
Speaker 2: This marxis all the time. Yeah, you've been comfortable. Sometimes I'm like, oh, okay, they kind of would. I get that they would.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's MALAMONTI. If this is your first time listening, thanks for listening. Sorry, if you're a long time listener, welcome back. I wanted to do embarrassing for no reason because it happened today.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: Okay, So over the road from me, there's like a fruit and produce shop down the road about fifty meters, which is so fucking handy. Makes you extremely lazy because each day I'm like, I'll just go down to Bas and Chaz and get what I need to get.
Speaker 2: Mind you, hang on, are they seriously called Bas and Chaz?
Speaker 1: Yes, Bas and Chaz. This shop has been called Bas and Chaz forever, right, and it's just all the locals always go to Bas and Chaz. I remember when we first moved here. Sam came home and he's like, guess who I saw? I'm like, who? He goes Bas because they're not in there very often. It's like spotting a celebrity when you see Bas. I've never seen Chaz, but I've seen Bats.
Speaker 2: My god, oh my god, have they ever been seen together?
Speaker 1: I don't know, God, that would I would pass out if I saw anyway. Out the front of Bas and Chaz there's a coffee caravan, so they sell coffees cross ons and they also do a SiGe bowls. Anyway, I ordered my coffee and I'm waiting and then I hear he go aside is ready. A man who would have been forty seven walked up and got his Asie bowl and then went and stood and leant against his car and started eating his Asie bowl. And I felt so embarrassed. I don't know why. It embarrassed the shit out of me. I walked past him, and I could tell he was embarrassed too, because he wouldn't look me in the eye. Something about seeing a grown man with a wooden spoon digging into a really color full bowl is very embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Do you think he was eating it outside of the car because he was like a no eating in my car?
Speaker 1: That's embarrassing too. I don't like a no eating or don't eat in the car. I haven't been in a car that's a no eating car in a long time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's very retro, isn't it? Is that an idea no eating in my car?
Speaker 1: It's so funny. My uncle used to be like that. I remember we drove to the Gold Coast. My sister and I went with my auntie and uncle up to go and stay with my grandparents.
Speaker 2: He would have been hungry on that drive.
Speaker 1: I vividly remember going, oh my god, no lad to eating here. He places down a towel so we wouldn't get even like our water spilt on there. And I also remember this coming back to me now, stopping at a countrytown, going into a bakery and getting a ham and pickled chutney sandwich.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Choice for a kid I know, was very young. And you know that yellow pickled chutney.
Speaker 2: It was that like mustard is they called mustard pickles? What are they called?
Speaker 1: I feel like it's a chutney.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe, Oh wow, that seems like a very old fashioned choice for a kid.
Speaker 1: It was, And I remember I really enjoyed half of it, and then I think the texture or the chunks for the second half maybe feel a bit ick. So I haven't. I think I've had it again. I love a fruit chutney.
Speaker 2: You're not yuck? Oh no, I do not like that. That's like the savory sort of equivalent, like that fruit cake, the cherries, the dried fruit shit, it's like the other.
Speaker 1: It's like that, yeah, the other. It's like a moist fruitcake as in a spread. Yum, fantastic anyway, I wanted to read out a couple of embarrassing for no reasons. A few of you or a lot of you always send them to us when you see them on Instagram. A couple of you sent have sent this one through because you've been through recently. But Kirsty sent this through, and she said, embarrassing for no reason. Walking into a nail salon and everyone looking up while you're announcing what you want. I know it's so well because everyone's just in their silent with their hands over, you know, over the bench, and then you're like, have you got time to put me in? Just she lac on the toes and everyone knowing.
Speaker 2: They never ever say no either, always yes. I don't think this is racist. I don't think it's racist my observations because we know that like that there's a large Vietnamese community that own nail salons, right. I'm always fascinated the way they talk to each other so softly.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what it's like this supersonic hearring, I know, and that they I the other day was getting a massage at a tire place and the lady spoke so quietly, and then the lady in the next you know, curtain spoke back and I was like I could barely hear that, and you were massaging me.
Speaker 2: And a lot of the time with nail places too, they've got masks on yes like.
Speaker 1: Yes and each other the removing of the acrylic. Yeah, I've noticed that too, and amazing. I did think that was really embarrassing for no reason. Fiona wrote, going to the wrong level on an elevator, having to get out, have a ten second look, and then turn around and go back to the correct level.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that is that is embarrassing. Any errors, public errors.
Speaker 1: Public errors. But yeah, you know when you get out and you even go wrong level and you turn around and push the button straight away. So funny. Also someone power walking and taking over you and then getting stopped at the same red light.
Speaker 2: That's very good. That is very good.
Speaker 1: Also we've spoken about this before, but when you're walking and then you turn around because you've forgotten something, so you walk back in the same direction, got to go back, and then you just pivot and turn around. Also for me, when I go for a walk, it's like where's my end point? And usually I'll go on the beach and I'll touch the rock and then spin around and go back. And I'm so conscious of doing it every single time.
Speaker 2: Walk around the pole.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, that's where I will. Here's embarrassing for no reason, climbing up and downstairs on a bus.
Speaker 2: I haven't been on a bus either, you know, I reckon. The last time I was on a bus was when you paid the bus driver with like sixty cents or whatever.
Speaker 1: Wow, my nan used to be a mad bus drive. My nan never learnt to drive, so she would either walk down the street or you know, down the street to the shops, or she would get on the bus. And the bus driver in us so well, he'd drop her out the front of her house because the bus stop was like two hundred meters from her house. He'd take her there. But it was always such And I remember when I used to have to go to the orthodontist. My name would take me on the bus and it was always a novelty going on the bus because it just was a rare occasion. So Odie goes to a family daycare and for a little outing she takes I call her like mother duck with her little ducklings. I don't know how she keeps these like six boys in control. But they get on the bus and just do a loop around the block and they fucking love it.
Speaker 2: It's such a small thing. I think I might have said this before. We went into the city on the train with my Yes. It was like it literally felt like it was five minutes to get there. I said, why don't we ever do yah instead of city traffic and whatever? Why don't we do it?
Speaker 1: It to me is such a pilava. I used to work at Sunglass Hut in Melbourne Central. I don't even know if the Central is still a thing, but the train used to literally take you into the shops and I still would drive in there. I have such a mental block with catching public transport same.
Speaker 2: I don't understand how it works.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah, no, neither do I. I don't now with the miighty cards, I don't know if they're in every state. But oh my god, here's what happened to me the other day last embarrassing for no reason. We went to like a mini party, which I know in itself is odd for me, but we went and we were talking in a group of four, so there was just another couple there and Sam looked at me and said, you've got a bit of lipstick on your teeth, and I wanted the earth to eat me up.
Speaker 2: Why do guys not know do it discreetly?
Speaker 1: But even like, there was no way of getting around it, even if he rubbed his tooth like he had to tell me because clearly everyone could see it was.
Speaker 2: It red, It was red.
Speaker 1: It just made me embarrassed. I'm like, who cares? I just quickly wiped it off. But at the same time, there's something so embarrassing about scrubbing your tooth, getting a bit of lipstick off it.
Speaker 2: You know what it is. It's the not being able to see yourself and then like having to rely on them. Have I got it? It's so funny.
Speaker 1: I love it. Anyway, send us in your embarrassing for no reasons. There's always a bucket load of them, and we'll read them out on the show. Hope you're well, whatever you're up to, hit us up anytime. Show and Tell Podcasts is where you can find us, and we will be back real soon. Y'all.
Speaker 2: By for now, Love you