Speaker 1: Welcome to the water Plains.
Speaker 2: Good evening.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Joe Hildebrand coming up. The Democrats are always talking about how we need to reduce emissions, So why did Kamala Harris order her pilot to circle above the airport for an extra fifteen minutes? Climate hypocrisy coming up later. Plus we'll look at what's making news tomorrow. Victorian schools abandoning competitive sport because they say it's not good for children. And the front page of Tomorrow's Australian demonstrates just how much the cost of living is starting to bite. People are apparently eating a lot less chicken. We'll talk about what that means a little later as well, but first. The Church of England is increasingly avoiding using the word church to describe itself, preferring more modern terms such as community. A report published in the Telegraph found that none of almost nine hundred churches begun in England over the past decade had advertised themselves as a church. Instead, they promoted themselves as a community congregation, a place of worship, but not a church. Research has concluded, after interviewing church leaders that their reluctance to use the word church sprang from and I quote a misplaced desire to be relevant and modern sounding. One particular vicar, doctor Jarles Fraser from Saint Anne's in Q, told The Telegraph the church has given up on church. Not since Prince became Squiggle has there been such a daft revision.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I've got to say he is one vicar whose sermons I think I would enjoy.
Speaker 2: But somebody needs.
Speaker 3: To let the geniuses at the Church of England know that when you walter it down your identity in order to be more inclusive, you don't get more members, You just lose your identity. What are they going to do next? Change Christ to Chris in order to be more relatable to the common man. And maybe the problem is not branding with the Church of England. Maybe it's the people leading it. They're doing less theology and a lot more sociology. If you want the BBC, then you stay at home. But if you want the church, you're supposed to go.
Speaker 2: To the c of E.
Speaker 3: I think, Liz, one of the problems here is that some parts of the church have abandoned the Christian teaching of faith, hope and love, in favor of the work diversity, equity and inclusion. There's a prominent journalist in this country who I was talking to recently just started going to church and I said, how are you finding it? And he said frustrating And I said, oh why and he said, because it's like sitting and listening to someone read an article from the Guardian. He said, I've gone to church expecting to be offended.
Speaker 2: Because this is what he reasoned.
Speaker 3: If God is God and I'm not, then God will probably have some opinions that conflict with mine, so I'm expecting to hear them. And I go to church every week and I'm not challenged. I'm not convicted. I don't disagree with anything, and so I'm wondering what's the point.
Speaker 2: I thought that was a very insightful comment.
Speaker 4: Yet a real church brother. I don't know what you're attending, but that ain't it.
Speaker 5: My dad is a minister and he used to always say, if you leave my church and you have not been challenged, I have failed in my charge to you. I'm just glad the Church of England has enough awareness to disqualify.
Speaker 4: Themselves as a church. Thanks for your honesty.
Speaker 5: You're not calling yourself a church anymore good one I cannot stand. And it's not just the Church of England, but these it's usually older blokes trying to be kip, trying to be cool.
Speaker 4: Oh let's call ourselves a community. Let's call ourselves a club.
Speaker 5: You can call yourself whatever you want. The Gospel is the best news in the world. It does not need your lame trimmings. And in this world full of nothingness, people are being told that nothing means anything. Your religion, the nation from which you hail, from, your creed, your ethnicity, you're very gender, it's all meaningless.
Speaker 4: People want bold truth.
Speaker 5: And they like the guy that that story breaks my heart, they come to church, they come to the House of God to be like, all right, what have you got to offer? And you've got these limp wristed losers in Pulpits just spouting platitudes.
Speaker 4: That is not the gospel. That is not what Jesus would be saying were he be.
Speaker 5: Jesus's ministry is littered with offended people.
Speaker 4: That's how we ended up on a cross.
Speaker 5: So to past us these days who simply just stand there every Sunday and give some mamby pamby sermon that's usually taken way out of context. They have a degree in biblical studies, so I'm a little bit passionate about that, and I'm sitting there going this sermon is the most hermeneutically unsound thing I've ever heard in my entire life.
Speaker 4: But bless you for trying, if you even tried.
Speaker 5: They are trying aim to make Christianity this weak, whimpy nonsense, to make it palatable, and that is the exact opposite of what Jesus taught. Who Jesus was and what he would have in our pulpits every Sunday. That story encapsulates exactly what I'm talking about. And in a world lost and desperately in need of Christ, that.
Speaker 4: That just encapsulates it perfectly. Went looking and was like, what even is this?
Speaker 3: The tragedy is when the UK needs the Church the most, the church is trying to be something other than the church. I'm not sure there's many mosques in the UK, Joe, that are pretending to be something other than a mosque, although mosques are increasingly taking over abandoned churches in the UK.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the interesting thing, right, it is still the Church of England that's right. If they're not the word church, they're just the of England. Or are they going to get all cool and it's just going to be like England exclamation.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, it's going to be worse than that.
Speaker 3: It's of England, right, But then they're going to realize no, no, England is a racist country.
Speaker 1: It's just going to be of Yeah. I think I think there's a lot of Obviously I disagree with the Church of England's right to even exist, So as far as I'm concerned, this is a good step. And the Eight should never have broken with Rome. It did it for purely selfish and very distinctly Unchristian reasons, and he should never been allowed to do so. But given that that's happened, I think you have to kind of accept at some point either it's religion or it's not. Either it's Christianity or it's not. So again, you have to be And I'm a Catholic obviously, although I have to work on some I'm very bad Catholics. I now have to work on Sunday. So I haven't been to mass in ages, and we call it mass by the way people call it church proddies you're going to hell anyway. The point. The point is, I suppose the reason I love it is because, like that the colleague you mentioned, is that it's so steeped in history, it's so steeped in tradition, and there I find it just so incredible that there is a direct line to ideas that people have been talking about and wrestling with for thousands of years and more than two thousand years in the case of Christianity, and then the Old Testament thousands of thousand years or more more. And it is not fixed, is not set in stone. There is you know, it has evolved, it has always evolved. Ideas of what you do as a Christian and what it means have evolved in terms of ethnicity in nation states. That's got nothing to do with Christianity. In fact, Paul went around preaching that it was absolutely the antithesis of that. It didn't matter you know, a man, woman, child, who were all one in Christ Jesus. It didn't matter where you come from or who you were. But of course there were disagreements in the Early Church with that as well. Some people are saying, no, you have to be a Jew to be an early Christian. So this is and I having to be reading a book about early Christianity even as we speak. But it's amazing to see how these people are coming together and trying to grapple with what Jesus was saying. Obviously, Matthew in the Gospel of Matthew he says, we cannot throw pearls before swine. So Jesus speaks in allegories, and he speaks in parables so that people have to think about it to try and get what he's saying. So there are just what rabbis.
Speaker 4: Did that is a very that was the way that they taught. So it wasn't like, oh, he's.
Speaker 5: Trying to be crypto, because Jesus speaking in the lanth.
Speaker 1: And there are also things that a farmer of that a farmer of that time or a peasant of that time would have immediately understood exactly what he's talking about. And we're going mustard seed, what's a mustard seed? So but again, so it is evolvement, and that's part of the good of it. But again that doesn't mean you can just and it comes back to the Reformation, that doesn't mean you can just say no, I've decided. It means all this and now that that's it, and because that's where sort of I suppose fundamentalism lies. And I'm being a bit sort of tongue in cheek, but again, you know, for me saying that, you know, well, church isn't church anymore. This doesn't have anything to do with it or whatever. And I have many disagreements with the Catholic Church It's values on things that abortion and HOMOSEXVID and stuff like that. Eventually it comes around, just like it eventually acknowledged that the Sun was the center of the fault solar system and not the Earth. But but but you can't just kind of make it up as you go. You can't just sort of pretend either it's either it sits in that tradition and yes it evolves, or it's just something else.
Speaker 2: It's what was really interesting to me. So do you want to pick.
Speaker 4: What do you mean by evolving?
Speaker 5: Because I can read you the scriptures and the original Greek and Hebrew like it means what it has always meant, or do you mean these different churches traditions?
Speaker 1: Where is it? Where does it have the it is? It is? The church evolves completely differently after the scriptures. There are things that the scriptures do not address. And there are things like the Nicene Creed, which the entire Christian Church across Western Europe.
Speaker 4: Sure, there's outliers. Scriptures especially not a script.
Speaker 1: That was a conference. That was a conference called by the Emperor Constantine, who said, right, what is this, what does it mean? So, for example, is Jesus.
Speaker 4: I'm not having an argument about the canon, what made it in? Made it in?
Speaker 1: But what this is this is after the canonasically already been decided. And people say, all right, well, there you had different bishops all around the ancient world arguing over whether Jesus was the son of God or whether he was also God himself. And that turns into the nice Scene Creed, which is what you recite Toginches, which basically puts this whole thing together. Is you know, God of God, from God like from light, true God, from true God, begotten, not made, the only son of the Father, consubstantial with the Father. So there's all this stuff. So there's all this stuff that people are trying to get their heads around, which is not spelt out in the Bible. And there are contradictory things in the Bible. There's no you know, bits in the Bible, where you know the ass in the Nativity scene, does it exist? A lot of this comes from later traditions that are a.
Speaker 5: Bdly of sateriological importance, really selviffic whether they're okay.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of theologians and a lot of theologist historians will say that it is very unlikely that there was an original kind of Eucharist in the Bible. Okay.
Speaker 3: But rather than get into all the theological debate, in interested me was when Queen Elizabeth I died this largely self declared secular state where nobody believes in anything and when you die, that's it. And yet people were transfixed, particularly by her funeral, which didn't try to modernize. It had all the tradition but also the Bible references and the spirituality of it, and people around the world were transfixed by it and greatly moved by it. And I thought there was an interesting lesson to people who think you've got to have the latest and greatest and belles on everything, and you've got to change the message to.
Speaker 2: Suit the culture.
Speaker 3: The culture's actually looking for a message that is timeless. Because everything is fads, everything is immediate. People are looking for something that has stood the test of time, and that is actually not timely but beyond the times, which if God exists, then his message is not just for the times, it actually exists beyond the times. And I thought her funeral was a great demonstration of people's appetite for that in a world that offers very little that's fixed or sold.
Speaker 1: Here Jesus. Jesus also existed before he was born, by the way, that's another part of the creed, of course, the all time he could be God. That's right, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you about that never deviated.
Speaker 5: This church is completely and utterly based, and that is the.
Speaker 4: Russian Orthodox Church. We're changing topics, but we're rarely this is still.
Speaker 5: Recognized as the national religion.
Speaker 4: The vast majority of Russians will tell you, yeah, we're Russian Orthodox.
Speaker 5: It's who we are, it's what we do, and it's to that that Russia owes a lot of its underlying values. You can't go to Russia and find seventy five different genders.
Speaker 4: They simply don't play that game.
Speaker 5: Puton is always outspoken saying, sure, we've got twenty six million Muslims here, but minorities need us We don't need minorities.
Speaker 4: We do not change our laws for you. If you like law, stay in the countries where sharia law is.
Speaker 5: Anyway, as Russia has been watching the Western world trip over itself, trying to define simple things.
Speaker 4: Like hmm, what is a woman?
Speaker 5: Putin has decided to put a call out to those of us who are sick and tired of this cultural Marxism, neoliberalism taking over in our governments, in our schools, universities.
Speaker 4: He's like, hey, do you wanna come to Russia?
Speaker 5: Knowing from this article today, after a degree signed by President Vladimir Putin, Russia is relaxing temporary residence requirements for foreign citizens wishing to escape quote destructive neoliberal ideas which run counter to traditional Russian spiritual.
Speaker 4: And moral values.
Speaker 5: Say what you will about the current situation or what you probably think about Putin, this is a very traditional country and it shows in their values.
Speaker 4: Given we were.
Speaker 5: Talking about, well, reproductive rights recently, babies born alive.
Speaker 4: Will get to that shortly.
Speaker 5: Russia's this is reflected even in their abortion laws illegal and if it's over twelve weeks, and anyone who performs an abortion in Russia has to try their hardest to convince.
Speaker 4: The woman we have supports for you. You don't have to go through with this.
Speaker 5: I mean, when the Home Secretary back in the US told Americans earlier this year, for obvious reasons, do not go to Russia under any circumstances, some American joker expats in Russia decided to take it upon themselves to say, yeah, it's terrible here.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't come for some of the following reasons.
Speaker 6: One reason why you definitely shouldn't come to Russia is that we have family values here. A mother is called a mother and a father is called a father, and as we know now in the US, that's a bad thing. You definitely shouldn't come to Russia because we're a dictatorship. Looting is not allowed, so if you loot, unlike in the US, in Russia, you'll get persecuted.
Speaker 7: If you come to Russia and you commit a crime, you will get prosecuted, and that is bad.
Speaker 2: So you probably don't want to come to Russia.
Speaker 6: If you enjoy heaps of trash and rats all over the downtown areas of your cities, then you should definitely not come to Russia because you'll be missing that here.
Speaker 4: The video goes on and on and on.
Speaker 5: It's very jovabile, But I love the point that they make because you never know how much of what we're fed here in the West is pure propaganda.
Speaker 3: As opposed to Russia, where everything is true and prota is something you can absolutely take every.
Speaker 5: Word is you genuinely think it's funny though, that we in the West think that we're subjected to less propaganda.
Speaker 4: It's simply true.
Speaker 3: I don't think get a price for pointing out that the West is in big trouble, and so points to Putin for pointing out we've got a lot of problems in the West. But Joe, surely the West is still preferable to Vladimir Putin's Russia, as wonderful parts of it might be.
Speaker 1: At least in the West you have a choice of propaganda. You don't know, You don't just have to listen to whatever.
Speaker 5: I have a choice of propaganda.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna call it, if you're gone, you know that's not you're gonna call it propaganda. If you're gonna call it propaganda. At least there is diversity. There's a range of things. If you if you want to tell me that Fox News and CNN and MSNBC and the New York Times and the New York Post are all saying exactly the same thing.
Speaker 3: Could those guys have stood in Red Square and just mouthed off at Putin and talked about how corrupt he is, how he riggs elections. Could they have stood in the middle of Red Square and talked about, Oh, I don't know. Malaysian Flight m H one seven, where thirty eight Australians lost their lives and Russia refuses to have anything to do with.
Speaker 5: It is clearly tripping all over itself and looking weaker by the day, especially on to the Biden administration, and all US Western countries look to America.
Speaker 4: US we're the top dog.
Speaker 5: However you're going is really a reflection of how we are going, whether you're talking about the economy, whether you're talking about our military might. Meanwhile, the Axis Powers we always talk about China as well, laughing at us, laughing at the state of our military, because they're more concerned with gbt IQ issue.
Speaker 1: Teleman, So you think we should, I just think I'm not talking.
Speaker 4: About abolishing anything. I just know, if anything, this is the biggest troll by Putin because he's like, I agree with that ing. You guys are in big trouble.
Speaker 5: So by the way I'm making he made literal allowances for visas people from the West who are like, actually, maybe we can give it a go and flee these turning husts Western democracy.
Speaker 4: He's like, open arms, you sanct troll.
Speaker 1: But it also is something he clearly feels is necessary to do, and it feels it's necessary to do for the same reason why the US s R and the Eastern Bloc countries are stagnated during the Cold War, which is that a country that does not have migration, a country that does not happen twenty six immigrants immigration. No, they were in the former Soviet Union as well, it's.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 1: But the point being, point being that if you have if you don't have enough people coming to a country, it's stagnates because you're not bringing in the latest ideas, the latest technology, the latest skills. That is why the economy of East Germany stagnated and was a basket case, while the economy of West Germany went gangbusters. And so so again, this is the real story. The real story that is happening here is that Putent wants higher levels of immigration. You're welcome, and he'd.
Speaker 5: Rather than from the West, unlike we in the West, who are more than happy to just be like, oh, any culture, any creed one down where Like what was it the headline just a couple of weeks ago, Like one in three Aussies weren't born here?
Speaker 4: I mean that has a little massive What is wrong with that? I like my culture.
Speaker 2: The thing is.
Speaker 3: I can point out what's wrong with the North Melbourne football team. It doesn't mean they should make me the coach. Putin can point out what's wrong with the West, doesn't mean you should go and live under his regime. The American election is getting interesting. The DNC, of course, is continuing. We'll talk about that in a moment. But of particular interest was the comment today by Robert F. Kennedy, Junior's running mate, that he may consider dropping out of where he is and supporting Donald Trump. Have listened to his running mate Nicole Shanahan contemplating that very idea.
Speaker 8: There's two options that we're looking at, and one is staying in forming that new party. But we run the risk of a Kamala Harris. Kamala Harris and Waltz presidency because we draw votes from Trump, or we draw some how more votes from Trump, or we walk away right now and join forces with Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: So'd be fascinating if they joined forces with Trump. Who was asked what he thought of the idea?
Speaker 9: And I asked you about RKA, because just moments ago his running mates that they're considering endorsing you.
Speaker 4: Have you considered him for a rule in the administration and what role would that be?
Speaker 6: Well, we haven't, but I would love that endorsement because I've always liked him.
Speaker 4: You would you also consider putting him in the administration?
Speaker 2: You're asking me a very unusual question.
Speaker 5: I haven't beenessed that question yet.
Speaker 4: I like him a lot, I respect.
Speaker 5: Him a lot. I probably would if something.
Speaker 10: Like that would happen.
Speaker 3: You know, he's a very different kind of a guy, very smart.
Speaker 2: Boy, And yeah, I would be honored by that endorsement.
Speaker 3: Certainly be a great propaganda coupe, Liz if RFK came over to Trump. But how much difference would it make to his votes in certain states?
Speaker 4: Probably significant? I mean RFK his wild card.
Speaker 5: He's been running as an independent, and his VP in this interview today was actually quite emotional because both of them, both Kennedy and herself have been hardcore Dems their entire lives, but had to go independent because the party was not going to endorse him, and so they went independent, and they have copped it from the Dems.
Speaker 4: Trump has seen law fair, but so have they.
Speaker 5: They say that they've even had moles placed in their campaigns who are leaking information back to the DNC.
Speaker 4: All sorts of untoward things have happened. They've tried to be many of them.
Speaker 5: They were trying to get Kennedy off the ticket in several states, unsuccessfully, thank goodness. But they've reached a point obviously where they've realized, we don't want to not be a part of the Trump campaign. It's rumored that this will happen on potentially Friday. Trump's got a big event in LA, so it's strong rumors.
Speaker 4: We'll see, if my solves is arecorrect.
Speaker 5: That he will actually make this official as early as Friday, which of course is why they're leaking it. This is his VP pick, Kennedy's VP pick, so she wouldn't be saying this if there wasn't a very real possibility that that will be happening in the coming days. But it's definitely interesting because one does wonder if they were taking votes from the Dems, is this now going.
Speaker 4: To cost them?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Will Dems now no longer vote for them?
Speaker 5: Because the many Dems who feel homeless with regards to a party as well, they don't like the current administration, and so on the other hand, you've got hardcore Dems who will always vote for a Kennedy by virtue of having the life name.
Speaker 4: I think it would affect the Trump campaign in a very positive way personally.
Speaker 1: Do you reckon Joe? Yeah, it's an interesting one. I And this I think was from when it was still between Trump and Biden, but I'd heard that I read somewhere, I think that that rfk's votes were coming about sixty forty from Democrats, and so that was I suppose probably the double haters who thought Joe Biden's just a you know, his non compassmentor so I can't quite bring myself to vote for Trump, but I'll vote for this third guy. But it's interesting that she said that now they are drawing more support from Trump voters than from Democrats. So the simple laws of mathematics suggest that that would benefit Trump. Obviously, and you know, we're seeing I think Paul Murray said earlier this evening that things seemed to be tightening. Trump seemed to be getting a little bit of a pickup. And again once we see you know, I said, a few people have said up certainly in a line. But you know, the trend with Kamala Harris tends to be the more people see of her, the more they don't like her. And you know her, the DNC has been a great advertisement, but the data set, like the DNC machine is amazing. So all these slick set pieces, the ads are really incredible, and that's what's given her this massive, you know, come momentum. But when she is unscripted, when she got you know, when she when she doesn't have the teleprompter, when she starts spitballing about you know how the economy works, because it all just pays for itself in a debate environment, in a non friendly fire media environment, in a press conference, you know, who knows what might happen. And so obviously the last thing you want is to know that you know, you're bleeding hand more votes to a third party candidate than your opponent is. So yeah, bye bye, RFK.
Speaker 3: If RFK is going to go to Trump, Liz, he has to do it better than last time when Trump phoned him and they had a private conversation leaks, So maybe he doesn't want to repeat of.
Speaker 4: That blow blow.
Speaker 5: Well, it seems like they've kissed and made up, because if Trump's actually seriously saying I wouldn't not consider him for a position in my administration, that's not something that I think Kevan Trump would say very lightly to the DNC. Now it was day two most recently.
Speaker 4: I get a bit mixed up because they have them at night and it's always our day. But I have.
Speaker 5: Subjected myself to watching the entire two nights so that you didn't have to. And can I just say you're not missing out on anything except for a whole heap of this.
Speaker 11: My name is doctor Joey Brella pronounced she her Hers. I'm a crowd president of the Garden Shape. I'm proud to stand with Tamala Harris and Tim Wall because they stand with the LGBTQ community. It's time to turn the page on Trump.
Speaker 10: Hurt.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Even more of this, Georgia.
Speaker 11: How do you catch your vote? Turn out the world?
Speaker 5: Zero talk of policies, zero talk of the changes that they're going to exact if they make it to the White House, which is a tough gig, by the way, because you've got this woman promising everyone that things are going to be so much better.
Speaker 4: When she's in power. But you've been in power for four whole years.
Speaker 5: It was just a month ago that the media was telling us the economy is fine under Biden.
Speaker 4: Now that Kamala is in the same media is.
Speaker 5: Telling us Kamala is going to the economy like there are so many double dates you cannot keep up. Descartes once said, I think, therefore, I am.
Speaker 4: Watching the DNC.
Speaker 5: I'm convinced that there are a heck of a lot of people who don't think and yet still exist.
Speaker 4: I wonder if that occurred to him.
Speaker 5: I wonder if that occurred to him before he died.
Speaker 3: Just watching there as the States nominate to Kamala, which is largely ceremonial because of course it was already done before the convention. But I mean, this is the mob that's been going on about. You know, democracy is precious, it's sacred, and yet they announced their votes with who is he?
Speaker 11: Little jil John?
Speaker 1: I hadn't heard of him, but I'm going to go and buy the album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well he's big now, you know.
Speaker 3: And they've got transgendered people announcing their pronouns before I've how many people from New Jersey, do you, reckon would have thought?
Speaker 2: Yeah that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure doctor Joey is lovely and she's fantastic and great at whatever, and she could do whatever she wants and call herself whatever she wants. But again, this is where the activist base of a party is often its own worst enemy and does it worst like if you are trying to clearly you know, the Republicans have seized on that in are circulating that, and that's where we got it from and that's where we find it. But but you know that is going to be where you know, middle Americans, possibly people who weren't planning to vote, who might actually come out of faces. I don't know if I really I'm all on board with all that stuff. That seems just a bit funny to me. They probably won't talk about it. They'll probably keep it to themselves. It'd be like the shy Trump voter we saw at the last election. Even if they exist or not, which is still debated. So again, you just you've got an election. I'm a big fan of just keeping it clean, keeping it straight, keeping it down the middle, you know, even keeping it boring if you have to, but just being that you know, like like once you get people and seen all the protesters outside that you know a mean and Keller was talking about earlier, just once people say if this is this basket of lunatics who Kamala Harris is representing and who she's going to give power to, then I reckon, there's a whole bunch of people. I think, ah, maybe Trump's not so bad after all, And they just go away and quietly, and so again this is why you just got a little John here was awesome. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 3: We you speak about activists hijacking the event, and of course we talked to think it was last night about how day one, Planned Parenthood had had a truck out the front of the convention. We're offering free abortions for anybody who wanted to celebrate the Democratic Party and take.
Speaker 2: Care of a little personal issue.
Speaker 3: And Plant Parenthood were boasting after day one that they had provided ten free abortions, and apparently Liz this was a wonderful thing for America.
Speaker 4: I just find this utterly grotesque.
Speaker 5: The Dems know that abortion and the unions are basically all they've got to campaign on. That is their two battering rams against the Trump campaign, and the amount of times it feels like every second speaker that takes the podium at the DNC is basically like, humanity, kill your unborn children, and if in any way it's made difficult for you, you're oppressed.
Speaker 2: And then but we've got to truck out the front.
Speaker 5: Massive slide of hand talking up IVF and saying how pro family they are. So you want to be pro overtly pro killing children in the womb while marketing yourself to those brainless beings present that you're pro family.
Speaker 4: I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
Speaker 5: I was watching this in utter disbelief the fact that they've also got free visectomes happening in their car park. Had literally boasted that they were booked out. Like I said last night, maybe you're doing us all a favor withdrawing from the gene pool.
Speaker 4: If you're a male voting Democrat with.
Speaker 1: That is and it's not not like and again, I'm pro choice, and I've had a vasectomy. Sorry, lady, how can you be Catholic in proch I know, well, like I said, like I said, I disagree with the Church number of things, but you know, again, the Church once believed and locked up Galileo for saying that, you know, the world was not the center of the universe.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: If that's not the hell you're willing to die on, you cannot call yourself any.
Speaker 1: Form of Christian No, I don't know about that anyway. Point being, there's a difference between that and and sort of celebrating it. So there's difference between like an abortion, having that choice is often is often the last resort. It's something that most women really don't want to do, but would rather do that than have a baby they can't support or don't want to came about through rape or some other horrible thing. And again, so there's a difference between that and then the crazy loonies, the extremists that are going, yeah, abortions for all, here go.
Speaker 2: You get an abortion, You get an abortion.
Speaker 1: And that is also going to put a few people off. I think there'll be a lot of people going into ballot box who were nervous about abortions being illegal and never being able to get access to one if God forbid they needed to. That is very different to celebrating running around killing fetuses.
Speaker 3: While the DNC is celebrat abortion. There's an interesting discussion happening here in Australia about the tragic consequences of late term abortions, and that is the number of children who are born alive in this country after a failed abortion and then simply left to die without any care, comfort or love. Now, in Queensland and in Victoria, there's no law requiring those present when an abortion takes place to do anything for the baby if the baby survives the abortion attempt, which is quite outrageous because now it's not a matter of abortion, it's a matter of a living human being sitting right before you. Yet it has no rights though it is a human being. As I said, they're right in front of you. So the CATA Party in Queensland is looking to change the law to require abortionists and those present to render care. They are having a parliamentary inquiry at present, and a midwife of some experience and it spoke to the inquiry today. It's a heart wrenching testimony but describing just what happens at present and why it's so wrong.
Speaker 10: We've had babies born alive after terminations from fifteen to twenty two weeks, born alive, gasping for air, moving and having a palpable heart rate, fighting for their lives as we are humans designed to do. Parents of these babies who are born alive after abortion do not want to see or hold them. This means the only person left who could possibly hold them is a midwife or a nurse. If there were a pregnancy life so someone wanted baby, the mother and father would usually comfort that baby while the baby was alive until they pass.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, in Canberra, Senator Ralph Babet from the United Australia Party, he moved a motion in the Senate yesterday asking senators to agree with him that baby's born alive after a failed abortion should at least be given some kind of comfort. I mean someone should maybe hold that child as it breathes its last or put a.
Speaker 2: Blanket on that baby to keep it warm. He's a little part of his speech.
Speaker 1: President.
Speaker 12: In this country, every single week, at least one baby is born alive after a failed abortion. In some states and territories, there is no legal requirement for that living human being to receive any medical care. The baby is often placed in a metal tray and left to die slowly. I cannot President, for the life of me, understand how we can bang on every single day in this place about the importance of human rights while allowing the most vulnerable human beings to be treated like garbage.
Speaker 3: Now, when he got to the end of the speech, this was the question. He asked senators that a baby born alive after a failed abortion should, as a matter of law, receive comfort and care. And do you know how our Australian Senate voted. The Greens and the Labor members all voted against that, and four Liberal senators also voted against it. Senate Leader in South Australian Simon Birmingham, Victorian Jane Hume, New South Wales Senators Andrew Bragg and Maria Kovisik all voted No, boy, baby born alive after a failed abortion should not receive, as a matter of law, comfort and care.
Speaker 5: Our Senate is full of psychopaths, like seriously, how else?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: Why would anyone for any reason vote against such an obvious, clear cut motion. You wouldn't treat a dog like this and if you did, you'd get done for animal cruelty.
Speaker 4: It's that straight forward. This is downright.
Speaker 5: I keep throwing around the words satanic and demonic because there is no other words for this kind of evil when a people are not willing to afford the we're not even talking about most of these babies' lives. They're no longer viable, okay, we are talking about their last moments of a brief life on earth.
Speaker 4: The murder was unsuccessful.
Speaker 5: They're still alive, and we're talking about making them comfortable. This is what we do for our elderly, it's what we do for our terminally ill, and these babies aren't afforded. That midwife that you shared a clip of, she broke down its several instances while sharing this testimony.
Speaker 4: And trust me, we did not show you the worst of it.
Speaker 5: Who are we as a society when we treat our babies like that?
Speaker 2: We've got to go to a break.
Speaker 3: But if I can just indulge our producers for a moment, I've just got to show you what happened while Ralph Babett was speaking.
Speaker 2: This is how bad some of our senators are.
Speaker 3: Have a look at what Sarah Hanson young did behind him as he's speaking to this motion.
Speaker 2: Have a look you can see there as she walks behind him.
Speaker 3: He's asking that baby's born alive, receive care and look at the face, folks at a tongue.
Speaker 2: That's the attitude. Anyway. On that note, we're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers, including elite schools in Victoria saying no to competitive sport because apparently it's not good for kids.
Speaker 2: That's coming up in a moment. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers, and lately the Adelaide Advertiser, I've got to say, have been coming up with some great headlines. And tomorrow's headline Joe is no exception.
Speaker 1: It is an absolute banger. James Mark a flabby arm fight headlights who says that nothing finn never happens in Adelaide. Members are in revolt at the multimillion dollar next gen Jim adjacent to Adelaide oval over the fees, closed showers and are freezing quote unquote heated pool. But hang on a minute, where are the flabby arms that that's not a splash, that's not a headline. One leading legal eagle said members were quote up in arms, and those arms are starting to get flabby. I call me cynical, call me cynical, old hack, but I suspect maybe that legal eagle kind a bit of a mate. Would you say that you know these arms are getting a bit flabby?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I want that, Thank you very much. Pegon.
Speaker 3: Are you saying they wrote the headline before they invested?
Speaker 1: No, do that. No, I don't even think. No. I would never suggest such a thing, nor would I ever suggest that any journalist ever, where ever would ever sort of a nudge an interviewer or a sorcerer's story towards a particular form of words, never never, never unheard of.
Speaker 2: They of course got the other. I don't know if you wasn't really listening, I got to confessed.
Speaker 3: Did you read the exclusive next gen Jim junkies in weighty spats? So they got they got that pun in there as well. There's a lot of flabby kids in Victoria if schools continue with this trend of banning competitives sports. The front page of the Herald's Son has a story that reads, no contest for sports. Victoria's most elite schools are moving away from competitive sports like football and rowing in favor of walking and yoga and pilates, amid a landmark review in what one school source called a dumbing down of aps sport. There are fears the move is due to an aversion to competition in private school ETA factories.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure's just moved to Russia. I'm I'm on my phone right for one of those seventeen to Moscow. I'm coming again.
Speaker 3: This is an unnamed source saying it's due to an aversion to competition. But God help us if we're now deciding that competition is about Sport is wonderful for kids. As the father of teenage boys and Joe, you've got kids. Sport is where they learn to win. It's where they learn to lose. It's where they learn to persevere, it's where they learn to be gracious. Sport is fair fantastic for kids, and you've got to learn to win and lose at some point in life. You might as well learn early when the consequences are negligible. Wait until you're an adult and find out, oh, losing hurts, and then throw a hissy fit.
Speaker 5: It's as if today's educators literally get around boardroom tables and go, how else can we make them soft? Like so soft they're just going to fail at life? How can we make them more snowflake like? We've got our safe spaces, We've got nobody offend anyone at any cost, even if that's just well, the truth's offensive, so you can't tell the truth. We've got these sporting bodies who are now.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, no contact sports. We don't want anyone to get hurt.
Speaker 5: It seems as if in every way, shape or form, it's almost deliberate. They're like, how can we make these kids even softly? Yesterday we were talking about the fact that our security agencies are now going after misogyny and high school boys, including just to quote them, traditional masculine roles in society. No, no, that's up there with male supremacy. Excuse me, what since when has that been misogyny? Are they just going to beat out of our kids every little bit of tenacity, competition, get up and go type spirits.
Speaker 1: I've got to tell you, look, I don't know much about sport. I don't know one thing, and that is that yoga is not a contact sport. I found that out the.
Speaker 3: Hard way as an AFL love. But this article goes on to say that the AFL are watching these developments because a lot of the top draft picks come from these particular schools. And so with these schools saying when we do less contact sport that has ramifications for the AFL draft.
Speaker 5: That's disappointing for the boys hoping to be the next big thing in the AFL. To the front page of the Acambra Times, now bullying drives more women out of politics, Well, if it's successfully driving you out, you don't belong there. In my humble opinion, independent mp have called out chauvinistic, aggressive and intimidatry.
Speaker 2: What yeah, I think you did it?
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks, behavior which they argue is driving women in Australia away from public office. So there's this political dispute going on. Slurs have been thrown someone's a racist, namely Dutton if you believe Zali Segels. And now these teal independents are coming out. It seems like they've sat around a round table and decided their next hot topic is misogyny and alleging that Parliament is riddled with this.
Speaker 1: But didn't one of the teals, like the Chief Teal Captain Teal also have their staffer quit their job because the workplace conditions were so appalling.
Speaker 4: And that's true.
Speaker 1: Isn't that strange? It's almost like what's that word? H hip hop? Hip hop?
Speaker 3: Hip hop hip By the way, if Sarah Hanson Young had been speaking in the Senate and Ralph Barbett walked up behind her and made that face while.
Speaker 5: She was can you imagine what is what is the misogyny, the bullying them.
Speaker 1: Bottomers hip hop hip hop record hipp hypocrisy? That's the word you're looking forward tooe hell, you go much back to the Great Daily Telegraph where they've got this amazing story. I was writing the letter back tonight. This is a girl was stabbed in Leicester Square in London. It's a miracle she survived and we sat down with We sat down the paper sat down with her and her mum today and she said that she managed to pull through her horrific ordeal. Right, she was stabbed in the face and head awful. She managed to pull through her ordeal because she'd gone to London to see Taylor Swift in concert at Wembley stadium, and she knew that she had to pull through so she could go and see Tato beautiful. But she did go and see Tatay. She went to see Tatay but I think it was even like nearly the day after the attack, right, and she went there accompanied by the two police officers who we stirred a safety.
Speaker 2: Did she meet Teller Swift?
Speaker 1: No, she was busy.
Speaker 4: She really should have.
Speaker 1: It had been the show. I'm sure Taylor didn't know that. You know, maybe they had seats in the bleach.
Speaker 2: It's a nice story that last.
Speaker 5: But definitely not least to the front page of the Australian. Chicken takes a licking as costs Bite.
Speaker 4: Say, it ain't so cost of living can't be that bad.
Speaker 5: Times are tough when the cheapest treat or night out for a family on a Friday or Saturday, a bucket of Kentucky Fried chicken or a McDonald's family dinner is off the menu.
Speaker 4: But that's the shocking news.
Speaker 5: Federal MPs have been delivering apparently consumption of chicken the cheapest and most popular protein for Australians. So we eat fifty kilos each each a year. I was like fifty kilos, that'd be about right. No, fifty kilos each a year is down for the first time in decades, and falling sales at KFC McDonald's is being seen as a big contributing factor.
Speaker 4: That's because people can get it cheaper at Willis.
Speaker 5: You guys need to drop your prices.
Speaker 4: You're no longer competitive. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can tell you that as someone who had KFC for dinner tonight, red rooster last night took a bit of a break. The night before that had Hungry Jacks, and then the previous night also had KFC, because I count hot and spicy and original recipe as two different types of meal. But yeah, no, it's absolutely true. And chicken only became popular in World War Two as a substitute for red meat because it was easier to produce and you could and so they was saying, people, don't eat your red meat, leave up the soldiers or whatever, and you can have a look tried new delicious chicken. Everyone went to it.
Speaker 2: Joe Hill, we didn't go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, Kamala Harris tells her pilot, keep flying, keep flying, don't.
Speaker 2: Worry about the emissions that's coming up.
Speaker 3: In a moment, welcome back, Well, Joe, Kamala Harris, she's the DNC is happening, everything's going.
Speaker 1: Well, it's all happening. It's all happening. And look, you spring chickens wouldn't be old enough to remember this, but this story filled me with a little bit of a sense of deja vu. Now, Kamala Harris, she's on the plane. You know, she's got the plane to herself, of course, air Force one and whatever it is. She's cruising around and then suddenly what should pop on the box but her very own husband giving a speech at the Democratic National Convention. But she's on the plane, of course, and the plane's about to come into land.
Speaker 7: So what do you do. Well, of course, like anyone else, you tell the pilot to keep flying in the air until your husband's finished talking on the television so you can watch him. I mean, it's just common sense. Have a listen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, the Vice President was returning to Chicago after having campaigned in Milwaukee earlier in the day, and she was on Air Force two when her husband, Doug M. Hart, the Second Gentleman, began speaking at the convention. So the plane actually circles for an extra fifteen minutes were told in this guy so she could finish watching his speech.
Speaker 1: There you go, And of course I misspokes. He was on air Force two because air Force one can only be air Force one if the president's on it. So even if the president is on one of those little bicycles, you know, with a little flappy wingsing, that becomes air Force one because it's the prayers. One president who was on air Force one was of course Bill Clinton, when he infamously in nineteen ninety three was accused of holding up air traffic at LIX Los Angeles International Airport so he could get a cut a haircut.
Speaker 4: Well, he was on board air Force.
Speaker 1: One, that's right, So he was on board air Force one. He was getting a haircut, and he kept it was on, it was landed on the time, and it was holding up flights apparently because his hairdresser, who was called Christoph I kid you not, had not finished giving his haircut. And in fact, I think George Sephanopolis even came out and had to defend because he tries to make it like it's something everybody does. Goes, oh, well, we all have to get haircuts, don't we, you know, like we have to get haircuts, and this was the only time that he could do it. It's like, we don't all have to get haircuts on Air Force one on the time? Mate?
Speaker 2: Do you reckon everyone on the commercial flights?
Speaker 3: You know when they say it's delayed, but they never give you the real reason.
Speaker 1: It would have delayed you to bad But it's delayed girl problem. It laid you to a presidential head.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't have said the presidential haircut.
Speaker 1: It ended up being called it was a scan. It was absolutely huge, and it was a scan, and it was called hair gate.
Speaker 2: It really really was, and it was That's the epitome of entitlement right right.
Speaker 1: And there was even a character in The Simpsons who was late to save some money as I really shouldn't have stopped for that haircut.
Speaker 3: Well, that's all we've got time for tonight. Thanks for your company stick around. Coming up is the Depending the Shock
Speaker 5: H