Speaker 1: Happy Monday, Jack, Gooday, Swany, how are you good? I'm enjoying the sunshine. I'm enjoying my Monday. As I always say, it's the first day after a few that I get back to being myself. So I love a Monday and mad for it. I love how much we're spending time together. Recently. We had the fashion show last week and we also went to Billie Eilish together on Saturday night.
Speaker 2: Her final Aussie show.
Speaker 1: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: She is just a marvel. Do you get why I'm so obsessed with her now?
Speaker 1: She's really like, in the nicest possible way, a freak of nature. She is like, just watching her perform, all of that art has come from her. She's extraordinary and I couldn't help but think she's twenty three years old. She is owning that stage. There's how many people would have been there nearly I guess eighties.
Speaker 2: I think Rod Lavor's only like fifteen fifteen thousand.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, oh my god, it seemed like a lot right now. Anyway, she owned it, commanding presence, and I thought, God, what was I doing when I was twenty three and it wasn't great? I was hunched over a date slice on my on my lunch break at tucker Bag, where I was routinely basically verbally abused by my boss. At the time, I was a deli girl and I thought, Wow, different people do different things at the same age. The twenty four ten say gooday, give me a call and just remember what were you doing at twenty three The Chrissy Swan Show, Let's open up the lines.
Speaker 2: Chrissy say today?
Speaker 1: I mean so far twenty twenty five has been exemplary in terms of international artist performances here, Hasn't it unbelievable?
Speaker 2: I feel so fortunate to have seen so many incredible peace people and it's March.
Speaker 1: Did you miss out on any I didn't.
Speaker 2: I got to see Drake, I got to see Kylie Minogue, and I saw Billy twice because.
Speaker 1: I'm not obsessed with her. Believable. I saw Billy Eilish on Saturday Night was unbelievable. It was She's so talented and I had to google how old she was because it doesn't seem fair, but one person has that much talent twenty.
Speaker 2: Three years old thirteen twenty four to ten. Tell us what you were doing at twenty three and we will give you a Baker's Delight back.
Speaker 1: And you know I don't want I almost don't want to hear I was selling out international concerts. You know, I want more like what I was doing when I was twenty three, which was eating date slices and half roast chickens that are half the best before date in the car park of the local Tucker bag Said market where I was a full time.
Speaker 2: Worker and getting yelled at by your boss and yelled at.
Speaker 1: He was so mean to me.
Speaker 2: What was his name?
Speaker 1: Can I say it?
Speaker 2: Let's out in Victoria. It's a puppy holiday. He won't be listening.
Speaker 1: His name is Hovey Hofey. He is so mean to me. But I needed the money man.
Speaker 2: At twenty three. I'd love to play this game. But I actually had a pretty cool year.
Speaker 1: Tell me, maybe what were you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey? It involves you. I became executive producer of Christy Salmon Brownie, the breakfast show we were working on at the time, and we took the show to New York for Jonathan Brown to run the marathon.
Speaker 1: Oh sucks to be you, I know, right, Wow, that is a really good year.
Speaker 2: I know, it was really an epic year.
Speaker 1: Diana, what were you doing at twenty three?
Speaker 3: Well, I just finished all my studies in hospitality management and tourism and I got my dream job. That was working for SeaWorld Now resort up on the Gold Coast in Melbourne, and it was like the best job ever. I couldn't believe I got it. And then there was a thing called I called it a pilot's dispute. It was back in the.
Speaker 1: Ninety Yes, I got stuck in Darwin during that pilot's dispute. I had to catch a bus home fifty six and a half hours.
Speaker 3: Oh grin yeah, yeah, like no flights were flying at all because I was promoting this resort and I was based in Melbourne. I got retrenched. I thought, oh my god, my first full time job. It was my dream job, and I was so green and I just didn't know what to do. I thought, how could this happen? I was completely devastated.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Diana, did you pick yourself up and dust yourself off and start again? In the words of Alia, do.
Speaker 3: You know what, in hindsight, I actually went overseas and it was the best thing I ever did.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: See, you'd always think it's a scary time, but it actually turns out to be for the best good on your.
Speaker 2: Day day Baker's Delight, ma'tch it for you die?
Speaker 1: Hello, Lucinda?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 1: How are you get what we do? When you were twenty three? Does it compare to Billie Eilish?
Speaker 5: Look not? But I did actually get to go to the World Cheerleading and Dance competition over in Florida.
Speaker 6: I compete.
Speaker 5: Wow, pretty unreal?
Speaker 1: Were the Americans that do that over the top crackers?
Speaker 5: It was absolutely insane. The world of cheerleading over there is just next level. You think it's big here, but over there it is something different.
Speaker 2: Was it like the film Bring It On, Lucinda?
Speaker 5: Exactly like that? And I actually got to compete in Daytona Beach where they filmed that movie.
Speaker 1: No way, great story, much better than my date twice in the in the car park at the supermarket.
Speaker 2: Baker's Delight match if you listen to let's really quickly finish with Vanessa.
Speaker 1: Hey, Vanessa, what were you doing when you were twenty three?
Speaker 4: Pritzille was married and my first babynessa.
Speaker 1: You were a child bright child mother?
Speaker 2: Are you still married? Vanessa?
Speaker 4: No, I've actually done it twice and I'm not good at it.
Speaker 1: The cris Eat One show about to talk about what are your favorite lyrics of all time? Thirteen twenty fourteen. Give us a call if there's one that really sticks out, Because Chapel Roan was asked this very question, and just go with it. I've asked you with the question now and your initial reaction is to go, oh God, I don't know. There's so many, But if you just let it sit and marinate, you'll come up with one. We all have, as did Chapel Rhane. What's your favorite lyric of all time? My favorite lyric of all time.
Speaker 7: Pegs I'm to ask.
Speaker 1: It's a little piggy sort of related lyric from from this song pigs like a Salama. Lika up heard the Miller Field I let as a Maya Baker.
Speaker 2: That song's called it bitty Piggy.
Speaker 1: I've never heard it and now I love it. I was frozen to the to the spot when you know, I was like, what's my and then it came to me. It's by a song. It's a song by a group called Jagged Edge, which probably you've never heard of. You had one hit, really is that one about your mom? The altar and you address, So it's not about getting married meeting the one that you love. This is my favorite lyric from the song. And of all time. We ain't getting no younger, we might as well do it. You know, you're there, you exist, we know each other. We're not getting no younger, we might as well do it.
Speaker 2: I'm pushing forty. Let's do it exactly as well.
Speaker 1: Doing that's romance.
Speaker 2: I love it. Mine is of course from Billie Eiley, of course, and it's a song called TV And every time I hear it, it's a really like sad, lame miss song. But this lyric it just kind of makes me laugh because it's I feel like you really relate to it. That's a great question.
Speaker 1: We would use that all the time sometimes when I'm just looking around my kitchen's messy again, with seven thousand things all over the place. That is running through my head.
Speaker 2: What is the point of anything? Aldy, Tom, You've got to play because you've got a cracker. Okay, it has to be the igonic Katy Perry, do you ever.
Speaker 1: Feel like a plastic bag?
Speaker 7: Do you ever see like a plastic bag?
Speaker 2: A plastic big Katie?
Speaker 1: I don't think I have you ever feel like a plastic bag? Of all the ways that I felt in my life, I don't think I've ever really gone you know what? Oh my god, I feel exactly like a plastic bag.
Speaker 2: And you questioned what happens after those leavings?
Speaker 1: How does she justify that analogy?
Speaker 2: And it's drifting through the wind wanting to start again.
Speaker 1: When does a plastic bag do that?
Speaker 2: Ridiculous? Thirteen twenty four to ten. What is your favorite lyric of all time that sticks out to you that makes you laugh? Like those did too much?
Speaker 1: I'm cool now where I'm getting no younger, you may as well do it the Chrissy Swan Show. The Chrissy Swan Show, talking about your favorite lyrics of all time. They might be poignant, they might be funny, or they might be a combination of both, which is where Jack stands on his Billie Eilish one. This I'm gonna I'm going to be using this all the time now. Your favorite lyric players? What's the point of anything?
Speaker 2: It's just such a great question.
Speaker 1: What is the point of anything? I could have said that so many times today, Like I was on my way to work and I reversed out of my garage, realized I hadn't brought the bins in. I'm in a fresh outfit, obviously to see you, because I've got to impress you. I pull my bins in. I look down. The front of my jeans are covered in like dust, and I could have just looked at them and what's the point of anything?
Speaker 2: And then Tom's was fantastic the start of Katie Perry's firework.
Speaker 1: Do you ever.
Speaker 7: Feel like a plastic.
Speaker 1: No? I do never feel like? What is your favorite lyric of all time? Hello, Melissa? Do you believe that you can solve the mystery of why Katie Perry is asking me if I've ever felt like a plastic bag? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I go.
Speaker 5: I actually think it's in reference to an American movie, American Beauty.
Speaker 1: Yes, seen in.
Speaker 5: That movie where there's a plastic bag and the guy's filming it and it's quite emotional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never forgotten that scene, and I thought that too for a second. But there's like eleven years between the film and the song.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wasn't too sure how that works, but I suppose, like why it works? You know, it's American song. Maybe it's maybe.
Speaker 1: I understand when when you hear something as nonsensical as do you feel like a plastic bag? You do have to try and justify it.
Speaker 2: You do. I don't think our girl, Katie, though, is going that deep with her music. I mean, she just announced Rebecca Black as her support.
Speaker 1: Does she do that? Thine?
Speaker 2: Apparently she's like an icon in the gay community.
Speaker 1: But she's got one song that's awful.
Speaker 2: And it's terrible.
Speaker 1: Oh well, thank you for your input, Melissa. Hello, Annabelle, what is your favorite lyric?
Speaker 3: Hi, Chrissy.
Speaker 4: My favorite lyric is like you that my breast are small and humble, so that you don't confuse them with mountains.
Speaker 1: Small so you don't confuse them. Can you imagine the IQ of the man that is like I love them? What's in your top of a mountains?
Speaker 2: Annabel? Bakers are like that for you, Adam, You've got one as well. Is it the same as Anabel's?
Speaker 8: It was the same as Annabel's.
Speaker 1: It's a classic, Adam, have you ever confused someone's bosoms with mountains?
Speaker 9: Unfortunately?
Speaker 1: No, Well, the day is young, Adam. You never know your luck in a big city.
Speaker 2: Baker's delight that I you, Adam.
Speaker 1: I've just thought of another one. Ye Rihanna, only girl in the world listen to this. It's a very romantic. I don't think hold me like a pillow.
Speaker 2: Don't you like beans? Squeeze like a pillow, like a big hug.
Speaker 1: No, I do not. Crassy Swan Show, Hey.
Speaker 2: Swane, have you had your first hot cross bun yet?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you? I have not? But the Shrove Tuesday was like a warning shop last week. I was like, my god, is it Hot cross bun season already?
Speaker 2: Well? It's this week right. We are helping bakers to like celebrate National Hot Cross Bun Day. Grab your free raspberry and white chalk hot Cross bun this Thursday from your local Baker's Delight and then tune into our show this we Wednesday, where every call that gets on air gets two hundred dollars cash thanks to Baker's Delight. We're just getting excited about hot cross buns. Man, Did you say raspberry and white for free this Thursday? Get to your Baker's Delight Chrissy's clickfait.
Speaker 1: I believe that proof is mounting that Blake Lively is not a good girl.
Speaker 10: I know not my Serena, I so so doing the rounds at the moment are the little bits of footage from the Red Carpet opening of a re What is it sequel to A Simple Favor which only.
Speaker 1: Just came out in twenty eighteen? Yeah, thriller comedy I missed it had Blake Lively and a Kendrick.
Speaker 2: I kind of didn't even realize they made a second film until this South By Southwest premier.
Speaker 1: Either did I so? On the Red Carpet, standard questions always ensue. One of the reporters saw Blake Lively there, Notably they were not doing the Red Carpet together Anna Kendrick and Blake Lively, and the reporter asked her what it was like to be reunited.
Speaker 5: I'm so happy, Nah, what does it mean to be working with Blake again?
Speaker 1: So Blake was like, oh, it's the best you could tell. She didn't mean it, but she had a better job of hiding it than I think Anna Kendrick did. Yes, oh you know, she didn't even stop.
Speaker 2: There was one moment I saw where they were standing in front of the cinema screen together and Blake was talking and Anna's body language the crossed arms slightly facing away from her she did not want a bar of her.
Speaker 1: It must be hard she because she would have absolutely been obligated to go. She would have asked the question, I really don't want to do this, but you have to.
Speaker 2: And I think this is the only premiere they'll do. There won't be a London and New York, a Sydney. They'll just be this one premiere and that is it.
Speaker 1: It's so awkward And just when you thought it couldn't get any more awkward, How do you feel like the every.
Speaker 5: How does it feel like the movie's being impacted kind of by everything happening around going on in the world.
Speaker 1: Why what happened?
Speaker 6: I did ayahuasca and the last year of my life has just gone.
Speaker 1: But I've heard the movies amazing. She's just she's so sarcastic about it, isn't she? And she's talking about you know that ayahuascar. I think it's called it's you drink it. It's like a really strong potion and people like pass out for two or three days, but wake up all a new It's like the very strong hallucinogen nine.
Speaker 2: Perfect stranger stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there's a scene in the Bill Gibson doco, Sorry it's not a docco Glad and Sinker. All right, let's move on to Hughsey. Hughsy has quitely thrown people out of his show at the Adelaide Fringe for talking during his performance. Now I know, Hughsy. I love the man. You've never known anybody so polite and well mannered. For him to call this these girls must have been irritating.
Speaker 6: On the front out out.
Speaker 1: He's an Australian story tonight, is he?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you he is a national treasure.
Speaker 2: He really is.
Speaker 1: Out of everybody who I've worked with over the years. Really, Hughsy top of the tree.
Speaker 2: Send him this audio, Tom, what a nice rap swan, very very true. Should have got your an Australian story.
Speaker 1: Why didn't they dog out? I'll tell you what. If you knew I was going to speak about him like that, it would have I would have been first.
Speaker 2: Is a Christmas one show?
Speaker 1: Big weekend for me. Obviously. I saw Billy Eilish with you was amazing and Peg came as well. Just it was just her and I are really good concert goers together. We've seen Lizzo Taylor like we love a concert and I but something else quite momentous happened this weekend. And it's what I now have always said. Parenting is mainly have you got that Billy Eilish quote for me? A bit? Honestly? Mainly when I think of parenting, I think of this. Then, just when you've given up the ghost, something amazing and mares and surprising happens and you enter a new era with your children. And guess what happened on Saturday? What Peg and I went shopping as buddies, as friends, not to the supermarket, to the shopping center.
Speaker 2: Yes, it wasn't like you were dragging her down Aisle four when she just wanted to go home. You actually enjoyed a day together exactly.
Speaker 1: We were really excited. We had our walking shoes on because we knew that we had some things to cover off, We had a list. We had lunch in the food court. No, it was really good, this amazing Japanese soup. Food courts have come a long way. Yeah, you're right, you know since I, you know, have been to a shopping center and Peg had schnitz. Yeah, so look, it was just a gorgeous day and I look forward to more of that. Just when you're giving up hope, that's nice you get a new little friend.
Speaker 2: Tell you what you're not looking forward to a season two of With Love Megan.
Speaker 1: I don't know, am I I've got a very surprising outcome for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna be talking about Megan Markle's doco. Would you call it doco to docco?
Speaker 1: Oh quick? Yes, it is a docco. It's insufferable.
Speaker 2: We want to talk about it before four and we want to hear your thoughts. But next Christy's Quizy thirteen twenty four to ten, if you'd like to kickstart your week with a limited edition Christy Swan Show, bum Bag.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show, Let's Go Way Bump Back, Chrissy's Quizzy. Hello, come in, Spinner, Mikayla Taylor.
Speaker 3: I'm here, Hellosy.
Speaker 1: You know you live in a suburb called Doreen and every time I see that, I think of that woman from Prisoner with the with the Elma press Iron. Yeah doors anyway, Mikayla, I dag Ress. Hello Gina, how are you? Oh Gina, I can barely hear. You're gonna have to find your biggest voice possible because your names Thank you, Ah, there you are, Gina, g who are just little bit remember that, Gina, I do just a little bit, a little bit more of the one of the great Eurovision singers. All right then, girls, your names are your buzzers. It's the best of five meeting. The first person to get three ounces Creek wins the game and gets the chorusy Swan Show bum bag Question number one, which of the streamers is hosting Meghan Markle's new documentary, is like, yes, Gina, it is Netflix. Have you seen it? No, We're going to be talking about it next. Don't miss it, gena.
Speaker 2: G Question number two, which.
Speaker 1: Comedian had to ask people to leave his stand up show at the Adelaide Fringe Festival on Friday. Yes, Mikayla, it was the great day hughs and he's on Australian Story tonight. Don't miss it. You'll see a side of him you didn't know.
Speaker 2: Will our Gal Caitline Brook making appearance.
Speaker 1: I would say so yes, They're like, you know, they've known each other better than my husband and what I love me some Katie need to Manga are comics or graphic novels originating from where m A N G A no takers Japan. Question number four. Ten years ago today, Whiz Khalifa and Charlie Poof released this hit What's it called? Yes, Mikayla, it is see you Again. It's a bit of a sad what isn't it?
Speaker 2: I love this song?
Speaker 1: I do too, I love this bit.
Speaker 2: Question gets a lot of monkey there in the five. It's currently two points to Mikayla, one point to Gina.
Speaker 1: Name just one of the two Australian states that are enjoying a Labor Day public holiday today, Yes, Ginaourn it is Melbourne and Tazzy it's a down South holiday? What Jackie good?
Speaker 2: Next question?
Speaker 1: What is shepherd's pie topped with?
Speaker 2: Yes, mikaela potato potato it is?
Speaker 1: And did she know what else? The shepherd's pie is not beef mints, it's land mints. Specifically, did not know that it's a shepherd?
Speaker 2: What's a shepherd?
Speaker 1: It deals with? And I only just realized that.
Speaker 2: I've never thought about that.
Speaker 1: Did you know that? Did you know that?
Speaker 3: Making it wrong this whole time?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, what's the point of it all? As Billy? What does she say?
Speaker 2: What's the points? Swan show?
Speaker 1: I was really looking forward to this with love Megan thing, and I was looking looking forward to it in a in a very morally corrupt way, in that I knew that I was going to dislike it and pull it apart. And it's rare that you are offered up something that you already know that you're going to absolutely despise.
Speaker 2: I know, but they're something so beautiful about a hate watch.
Speaker 1: I've never I've always wanted to do it, but I've never been delivered it quite as beautifully as this. So I was really looking forward to it, and I finally got some time on Sunday to watch it, and I got through the first episode. If you're going to watch it, it's on Netflix. I really recommended at six parts, eight episodes, is it? There? You go? I must have slipped into a coma at some stage. I've forgotten, but you know, don't take my word for it. Let's hear what some of the critics from from the UK have have said about it. Daily Telegraph says, the format is this colon Megan invites I'm gonna do it in an English accident gives it something. The format is this Megan invites people to her pretend house. The show was filmed in an eight million dollar farmhouse down the road from her fourteen million dollar home, and they tell her how amazing she is. This happens for eight episodes, the entirest of them, and this one my personal favorite from Variety with love Megan is made with a great deal of love, in the sense that the greatest love of all is the one that that person has for herself. Now that is true. Yes, And thirteen twenty four ten, did you manage to watch any of it? Everybody I've spoken to that's watched it, there is a point where they can no longer watch it. And I want to know what that point was for you, the tipping point.
Speaker 2: What was your point, Swannie?
Speaker 1: Well, I was very close to hitting the square button, the stop button all throughout the first episode, but I didn't, and it took me the first sort of six minutes of episode two until I had to hit pause and call my friend Henry and unleash because the whole way through the first episode it's with her friend Daniel I think his name is. They clearly barely know each other, that they're supposed to be very good friends, but there were all these holes in the story. If you're that close. You know that your friend is left handed. She didn't know he.
Speaker 2: Was her makeup artist.
Speaker 4: Once.
Speaker 2: Let's call it for what it is.
Speaker 1: I really believe that, and I thought, well, who's my equivalent. It's like, if I invite you know, joel Over or my friend Jamie, I can assure you that I'm not going to be so condescending that I teach them how to make spaghetti with tomatoes, or I treat them like a five year old and we make candles. That's not happening and might have fun. So I managed to get through it. Also, Oh my god, the big life hack of using a zip lock bag instead of a piping bag. People have been doing that since Donald Trump was born. Like, that's not a tip. That's not a tip. Anyway, made it through the first episode, and then I got to the second episode with Mindy. Now I heard this and I had to hit pause.
Speaker 8: I woke up early, guys, because I realized Mindy will be here and I.
Speaker 4: Have nothing to feed her.
Speaker 7: Okay, so we're gonna make a quick retarder. Okay, last minute, No.
Speaker 1: Lie again, jack lie. Okay, that is a lie. That is an absolute lie. I've been on four dollar TV shows yes, not multimillion dollar Netflix shoots with eighty full time staff eighty and nobody's thought of what to feed. Goddamn Mindy calling when she's coming. I'm sorry. There would have been fifteen different stylists there, each with a different meal that Megan could have chosen. There is zero chance that she woke up early because she had nothing to feed Mindy culling. She's just spent two hours in hair and makeup. If you're that concerned, go down to Cole's and get some eggs, or.
Speaker 2: Call your producer, Beverly, I forgot.
Speaker 1: That is a lot.
Speaker 2: That is just a problem.
Speaker 1: Is is that all these little micro lies means that everything she says you can't believe.
Speaker 2: I struggled. I watched only the first episode, but the thing that really got me was the whispering and the lame music. The music, it's like she was trying to act as if she was in a rom com.
Speaker 1: Is that her fault? Though that could be a nartistic thing.
Speaker 2: Well, she should have. She should have viewed that and realized she looks like h naha. But the whispering she does, which again it feels like she's acting. So they're talking about bees, and she's whispering and acting like she's just been given a million dollars?
Speaker 1: What's the leaf span of a bee?
Speaker 2: Four weeks six? And they have different roles and different job.
Speaker 3: We have on the.
Speaker 2: Rat The whispering is insufferable.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you I've got a surprise twist for you? Thirty twenty four ten. By the way, what was the exact point? What did she say? The major guy? I can't watch anyway. I took a breather and I went back the next day. Episode three, yeah, is magnificent. Why they didn't start with episode three, I'll never never know. It features this great Korean Los Angeles chef Roy Troy. Megan's on fire about learning how to make fried chicken. She's really fun and funny and interested. She is brilliant in episode three. It's a different.
Speaker 2: Person, is that? Because I wonder if someone else is leading it and she doesn't have to try and.
Speaker 1: Act she exactly. She's excited, she's excited, and they were on the same wavelength. And she's gorgeous in episode three and in episode four.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's a great tip. Thirteenth, twenty four to ten. Have you watched with love? Meghan, and what are your thoughts? Are they the same as us? Or did you love.
Speaker 1: It the Chrissy Swan Show. You watched the Meghan Michael thing on Netflix? I did. I'd take a breathere for twenty four hours because I was so angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you you. The rage texts I received from you were quite thrilling.
Speaker 1: And I do have to say, I just don't like to be told things that I already know and that I believe that everybody already knows. For example, you don't sift sugar. Now, I'm sorry. I think I learned that before I finished primary school.
Speaker 2: I don't even think I needed to learn that. I think you just know that. It's one of those things you just know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a little tidbit. And I don't know if she's never been in the kitchen. I don't know. I don't. I don't want to be told that a never before seen life hack is that you use a ziplock bag instead of a piping bag and you snipped the corner off. Everybody knows that. Yeah, it annoys me.
Speaker 2: It's annoying. I just I want to like her. As I've said before, I watched episode three, Okay, because I've watched it wanting to like her, but she's just so insincere that it's hard. And I'm mate, go back to acting, because your characters are more likable than you.
Speaker 1: She just needs to stop warning everyone to like her. I think she could be a really great girl as she is, but she's got to stop giving people what she thinks they want. My favorite part of the whole docco was when she was scoffing little peanut butter pretzels and saying her and old Doria Ragland also she loves them, and she you know, they're just those ones that you get from the supermarket. I liked that that was normal. You could see that that was normal.
Speaker 2: Does her mom? Because I really like her mom. Does her mom appear in any other episodes? What about her dad? No?
Speaker 1: No, He has said, though the show is pathetic and inauthentic, and as a child, she never showed any interest in the kitchen, I mean absolutely.
Speaker 2: Season two has been confirmed. Netflix have made that announcement over the weekend, and.
Speaker 1: She posted a little video, you know, with a hand handmade cap with her writing on it, which he thinks is great. Obviously the faux excitement, Oh, it's been renewed. It was filmed at the same time. That's what I mean. No, stop lying.
Speaker 2: Oh you can't do See this is where she falls down. She needs some advice. She needs a good manager or a good publicist.
Speaker 1: She just said someone to go. Okay, I love that. I love that idea of the reveal with the cap I love that. But what is the truth? The truth is is that you filmed it all at the same time. Say that, guys, I'm so excited. Guess what we filmed too at the same time.
Speaker 2: Bang eight more reps to come. That's the thirteen twenty for ten. What were your thoughts.
Speaker 1: Let's go to mail Hi, Mel Hi, what was the what was the hit the pause button moment for you?
Speaker 11: It was probably half an hour in to it. And when she made that fruit flatter, the creative one for her friends and they'll get excited over snowpe that hit me. I'm like, nah, no one gets excited over snowbee.
Speaker 1: She does. She calls them crudites. Though, you've got to You've got to watch episode three, mel because it is a different person. She has Roy Choi, this great American Korean chef on and they have the best time she's so interested, so gorgeous in it. It's a different person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'll try.
Speaker 11: But half an hour I think was cutting up for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it, I get it. But see that's but see she was being herself. She had genuine interest. When when she's genuine, authentic, she's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Now if you don't want to watch that, I'm going to send you to the movies, to a double past and over Ka no pain in cinemas.
Speaker 3: April three, Thank you so much, Love you guys.
Speaker 2: Love you. Does she have anyone from suits on, like Lewis Litt or something.
Speaker 1: No, she doesn't, Jack, I can't tell you she does not. She doesn't know these people. Mindy Collen comes on as her own. I'm so great. I'm so excited to see my friend Mendy. They did a podcast together, as in, Meghan was a guest on Mindy's pod No Vice Versa two years ago and they've kept in touch via email.
Speaker 2: Now that that's called that's yeah, that's not a friend.
Speaker 1: That's not even that.
Speaker 2: Kathy, let's finish with you. Have you watched We Love Meghan? No?
Speaker 4: I will not be watching it. I cannot stand that woman why. I just can't stand her. She just she's so fake and she just you know, makes trouble wherever she goes. And I would not waste a minute of my time watching anything with her.
Speaker 9: On its Swan show, Chrissy's Clique.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts on Lady Gaga's album because you've had the weekend, you didn't listen to it. I didn't listen to it to busy, hate watching Megan Markle and love watching Billy are correct.
Speaker 2: I just had Billy playing all weekend.
Speaker 1: Billy was like a sorbet. Wasn't she a palette cleansing?
Speaker 2: It was just beautiful to be able to see someone talented.
Speaker 1: You are so funny. Well, Lady Gaga has appeared on Saturday Night Live SNL and delivered a very funny, shady to herself monologue.
Speaker 8: I'm so happy to be back at SNL. The last time I hosted. Every aspect of.
Speaker 7: My performance aged amazingly.
Speaker 8: There's no need to google SNL twenty thirteen Lady.
Speaker 7: Gaga featuring O Kelly. We all won't. I won't bring it up.
Speaker 2: I forgot they worked together me too. I mean, do what you Want is the tom was it the do what you want what you want with my body? Yeah, okay, what an interesting song to do with r Kelly.
Speaker 1: That is a very it is a very dangerous request to make of specifically our Kelly isn't gonna do what you want anyway. Don't google what he's know what he's been accused, convicted, Who knows what he's in trouble for. He's not a good guy, you know, he's a bad dude. Ah and then she went on to also talk about her absolute box office poison offering of The Joker too.
Speaker 8: Anyway, I'm an actor now, I've been very dog about collecting films that would showcase my craft as a serious actor, films such as Joker two.
Speaker 7: Apparently people thought it was awesome.
Speaker 8: Joaquin and I even got nominated for a Razzie, which as an award for the worst.
Speaker 7: Films of the year, so we won.
Speaker 8: I promise to act, to sing, and to not do Joker three.
Speaker 1: I mean that is a fair promise. She look that is very self deprecating to be able to do that, But she has been in a couple of great films that Bradley Cooper won Starsborne was so great, amazing film. I loved it so much and was that other one? She was adam fantastical and it went for seventeen hours.
Speaker 2: I loved it. Tim Blackwell famously hated it. I remember him going.
Speaker 1: On, well, she carried the whole film, really and by the end of it she was exhausted.
Speaker 2: It was It's worth watching if you haven't seen it, though the.
Speaker 1: Accent is maybe a bit much. I might be with Tim on that, but I think she's a wonderful actress.
Speaker 2: I loved that film. And this new album Swanny. I've not listened to it yet, but it's doing really well. It's the biggest streaming debut for an album by female artist on Spotify.
Speaker 1: Her and someone else have been duking it out this year is It and travel Rome but Lady Gaga's picture of the post at the moment, it could change, it could. It's funny this year and excuse me, there is a song on the album. If anyone who is a fan of My Queen and Savior Tis is on Taylor Allison Swift has listened to this album, Your ears automatically go like you know a German shepherd, that he's a siren.
Speaker 9: You're like, hang on a minute, sounds familiar, like sience.
Speaker 1: That is it is quite simply a Taylor Swift song.
Speaker 2: I disagree, Are you joking? I think people are just trying to cling onto something. It sounds like some of her earlier work in the Fame Monster.
Speaker 1: NA.
Speaker 2: No, we can't, just because.
Speaker 1: I know there's a chord progression there in that first bit that you played that is vintage switch.
Speaker 2: But don't you think other artists have done that for years?
Speaker 1: No like that? You don't. You don't listen to that and you go, oh, that's dual lipa. That's that is clearly inspo. Okay, Taylor's the inspo there.
Speaker 2: I get the comparison, but I don't think it's that Taylor es.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor is singing on it's a secret writer and one of the classic Easter eggs of all time.
Speaker 2: To bring this all the way back to Billie Eilish. On the weekend, I heard GA Guy doing an interview and she spoke about Billy's album, hit Me Hard and Soft, and this is what she said.
Speaker 7: I loved Billie Eilish's album this year.
Speaker 8: I thought hit Me Hard and Soft was like a beautiful piece of music.
Speaker 2: How can you not how can you?
Speaker 1: I mean dur Stephanie Germ And it's like the best album of the year, it really is.
Speaker 2: It should have won at the Grammy every.
Speaker 1: Night, every night I kneel by my bed in a week, just like Billy DearS it the grug kiss over Beyonce winning it. Beyonce is amazing, it is. That album is not better than Billie Eilish's end off.
Speaker 2: Do you know what was really special that I should have videoed for you? You were smart in the end of Billy's concert. You snuck out just before it finished. Yeah, which is a good move so you could get an uber. But at the very end, Swany, at the end of Birds of a Feather she started crying a little bit because it was her last Australian show and she.
Speaker 1: Loves it here. She wants to be here all the time.
Speaker 2: We want to be here all the time as well. But we've got to go because Ricky, Lee, Tim and Joel are up next. They've got a massive announcement. Stay locked a.
Speaker 1: Great don't miss this one. Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to Nova podcast dot com.
Speaker 2: Are you