Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the MATHSNY podcast, and welcome to some very big updates and exciting things about the brand new Marylett First Sight twenty twenty seven season, which most of the weddings have now been filmed in Sydney. And you know what, I was going to save this bit to the end, but I'm too excited to share it because this season we will see the return of lesbians. Oh I don't know why I'm excited about that now. I'm just excited that there's more queer representation. You know, last year we had a gay couple didn't work out. This show feels like they just have to tick that queer box like once every three years, which not really ideal since you know, look around in society there's quite a lot of us queer people out there. So yeah, when I found out the other day that there's a lesbian couple on the new season, I was like, oh shit, yeah, good on you. Let's hope these have more luck than all the other previous gay and lesbian couples of this show.
Speaker 2: Have matched terribly.
Speaker 1: One interesting I'm told so far about the lesbian couple is, you know, at the start of the season, when they do the Books and the Hens Party.
Speaker 2: The bombshell of that episode.
Speaker 1: Was at the end of like all the guys arriving at the Books party, they got one of the women, one of the sounds weird to keep going, one of the lesbians, but yeah, one of the lesbian couple. She then arrives at the Books party and walks in at the end, and everyone's like, oh my god, what the hell, there's a woman here. And I haven't physically seen like this couple what they look like, and I hate going into like gay, queer lesbian stereotypes, but I would assume Maths being Maths, they would have put the more feminine of the pair at the Hens party with the rest of the brides. And then if one's slightly more masculine or I hate this word, but you know when people say butch, if one's a bit more yeah, masculine, they.
Speaker 2: Would have obviously put her with the guys.
Speaker 1: Because we know this show loves to play into stereotypes. But let's ignore that for now and just be happy that there is there's more queer representation coming. Now, Let's just take a step back for a second and look at the twenty twenty seven season as a whole, and like, before I get to what I know, let's look at what is actually out there already. And in May, some of you may remember, Pedestrian ran an article which claimed that producers are quietly planning to bring back one or two former brides and grooms to take part in the next season. According to well placed sources, secret meetings with former participants have already begun across the country. Producers are absolutely speaking to returning participants right now. One inside acclaimed, but the clever parties, most of them think they're the only former.
Speaker 2: Contestant being approached.
Speaker 1: And Pedestrian made a point to say that this isn't that spin off like Maths or Stars UK Australia, whatever that is, if that's still happening, This is returning people for this upcoming twenty twenty seven regular series.
Speaker 2: However, that's true, I've got no idea.
Speaker 1: But in all honesty, I only had time to crash two of the ten weddings this series, so yeah, suppose time will tell.
Speaker 2: A few weeks after.
Speaker 1: That piece from Pedestrian, Daily Mail then ran an article which wrote married at first sight in crisis, producers launched desperate search for older grooms as casting overhaul froze twenty twenty seven season into chaos. Very dramatic headline and if you're thinking, wait, that sounds a bit familiar, let's go back twelve months earlier to this exact time last year, to this pretty much identical story about last season.
Speaker 3: Filming of the twenty twenty five season of Married at First Side Australia has been delayed due to a casting crisis.
Speaker 1: I suppose one thing we can say here is isn't just the storylines on Married at First Site that get repetitive, but also the media coverage too. Apparently, you know what, give it another couple of weeks and I guarantee we are going to have the annual maths cast snubbed from the low articles and posts and drama and.
Speaker 2: Will I be talking about it absolutely.
Speaker 1: In that article though, from Dela Mail a couple of weeks ago about the upcoming season, they said, according to multiple production insiders, the final cast is still far from complete after a strict new vetting process triggered a wave of last minute withdrawals, forcing casting producers into a desperate search for eligible men. Now side note, has this show ever produced any eligible men? If we've had what maybe one hundred and fifty guys across every season, there's probably been about four. And then circling back to that point of strict new vetting process, well, previously it doesn't seem to actually had any vetting given what's come out about most of the grooms. So like, if they are now doing background checks, then that's me clapping the executive producers of this show, well done and doing the bare minimum. Guys, it's finally happened. You take the most average boxes to safeguard the people on set of your show. Back to the article though, and I'm not gonna lie, I do have a bit of an issue with this whole thing because in the headline it says producers launch desperate search for older grooms. Then I'm thinking, oh shit, like, is it gonna be like the Golden Bachelor. We're gonna get, you know, some seasoned men who have lived a life already and have experiences to sharing, maybe kids and former marriages. And then you get into the article and it says they've issued an urgent call for male applicants aged twenty eight and over. Is this now what's classed as like an older gentleman twenty eight and above. What does that make me the fuck mate that's pissed me off? That, especially since my birthday in a few weeks. The article then goes on to say this has probably been the toughest casting process the show's ever had. Normally, by this point they'd be feeling pretty confident about the lineup. Instead, they're still trying to lock in people because the new background checks are eliminating far more applicants than anyone expected. Normally, by this point, they'd be feeling pretty confident about the lineup. He's sure, we've not had much success rate in the past.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Instead, they're still trying to lock in people because the new background check. Oh, they are doing background checks. I hope you're clapping in the carr or wherever you're listening as well while doing guys. Yeah, these new background checks are eliminating far more applicants than anyone expect anyone. Are you sure about that, because if you did background checks, I think most of us would say, yeah, you'd probably eliminate most of them, given past record of the show. Moving on, though, those two articles were in the past, and now we're in the present, and at this point in time, most of the weddings, if not all of them, have been filmed. Most of the couples are now filming their honeymoons. And one of the weddings did go quite viral when I attended it, and that was half because I decided to float into shark infested waters on an inflatable air mattress to get a better view of the ceremony, which was.
Speaker 2: Arguably a great idea or a terrible idea.
Speaker 1: Depending on if you're asking me or my mum, who was quite horrified watching that one to get the shot. And the other reason it went viral was because half of the people watching recognized the groom as the hey Honey guy of TikTok. And if you have no idea what that means, like I didn't a week ago, the groom, who is called Caine, He basically he's known on TikTok and he starts every TikTok like this, and then after he does his hey honey intro, he goes into like some kind of wholesome and cute message.
Speaker 3: You'll never be too much for someone who can't get enough of you. Yep.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the problem with that is his audience on socials who follow him, and he's got a lot of followers like love that content and that stuff. But now he's on maps, he's kind of got a wider audience looking at him, and quite a few people who are a.
Speaker 2: Bit suss on this guy.
Speaker 1: Firstly because like he literally has, as I said, hundreds of thousands of followers of women who are all in love with them, which raises the question, mate, if you can't find someone with our a TV.
Speaker 2: Show, like what hope that the rest of us have? And also people are.
Speaker 1: Sustening because he literally runs he's on like dating event business.
Speaker 3: Hey Honey Social, You've got to be getting me. I and my team have created Hey Honey Social, which is and in real life dating experience to meet people in the flesh. We're getting off the apps. The apps are done, the apps are gone. The other dating events no good. You know what I'm talking about this year premium experience, fully catered events, drinks packages, DJs, you name it. Hey Honey Social. The first one's launching in Perth where I live, so that's even better. And we're going to be launching these Australia wide. But the waitlist is filling up, so please please if you're single and you like to mingle, Yes, please go to the link in my bio and register.
Speaker 1: And not only that, but mister Hey Honey at his like dating events which he runs, Like when you buy a ticket, you also get a fifteen minute session with him as your own relationship expert.
Speaker 3: Hey Honey, with any ticket purchased in the next twenty four hours, you're going to get a one on one session with me to clear up anything that's holding you back in the way of dating men, relationships, anything you need to know. So I'm going to be live tonight seven pm per time. Jump on there, grab a ticket and yeah, let's get a session booked in and see if we can clear up some of that negative energy. I love you all, looking forward to it. See you on TikTok tonight seven pm.
Speaker 1: So now most people who have just discovered this guy on line are like, yeah, like he seems nice and stuff, but like, does this guy literally need a TV show to find love?
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 1: Also on this guy. About seven minutes after he was papped arriving to film his wedding last week, Daily Mail quickly snapped up a story where they revealed he was previously on the Bachelorette like ten years ago as one of the guys like wanting to date. It sounds weird to say win Sam Frost, as if she's like a competition, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: He was one of the.
Speaker 1: Guys on her series, and that article came out like stating that while he was literally still filming his wedding with the bride who had just met him minutes earlier, and then me being the shits there I am as that couple then walked out of that ceremony to go do the you know, the awkward photo shoot scene.
Speaker 2: I thought, Hey, I wonder if she knows about this?
Speaker 1: Says she's seen the article yet probs not, since she's not got a phone and no one else would have interrupted the ceremony.
Speaker 2: To tell her.
Speaker 1: So I thought, this is my duty to break this news to her right now in front of the husband. Now as your new husband told you how he used to be on the Bachelorette.
Speaker 2: Now if we discussed the Bachelorette.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now we haven't just married.
Speaker 2: These two.
Speaker 4: Looks like it's going all right, maybe a few twisting turns on the wake that they'd just ruin a storyline.
Speaker 2: Why did I do that I don't even know.
Speaker 1: To be honest, My issue in life, which if you followed me for a while you may acknowledge, is I often just get so caught up in the excitement of things and the adrenaline rush and like, you know.
Speaker 2: The dopamine that I don't think for us and like that.
Speaker 1: You know, the air mattress is a perfect example of that. I thought, well, this would be funny. I happened to have an air mattress in my car. There was a trade like park next to it, who had like some weird blowy thing to blow it up, and then I thought, let's do it like everyone's like, you know, there's sharks and there. I was like, I'll be right, yeah, Do I regret telling her that no, not really, it's mass in it drama.
Speaker 2: Before we now move on to the next wedding I attended, I.
Speaker 1: Just want to say I don't think this groom's a bad guy. I don't know anything about him.
Speaker 2: But do I think he's there solely for love? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: He's out for opportunities and if he gets love on the side, great, And that's literally the same story for I'd say ninety five percent of people who ever.
Speaker 2: Go on this show. It's like the opportunity, the exposure, just.
Speaker 1: That the adventure is the main incentive, and then if you do find love great. Surprisingly, though, as people were like coming for this guy online and kind of saying he's there for the wrong reasons, one person who became the voice of reason was Jea.
Speaker 5: I've already seen some stuff about some of the cast, like the guy, Hey honey, guy on TikTok, and I've seen people being like, oh my god, this is that, Like let's go with him the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 6: We don't know him, we don't know his people. I remember when I was leaked online and everyone was like, oh, she's just here for cloud, She's this, she's that, And I remember reading it all on my honeymoon and going, oh my god, everyone's gonna hate me. Like it's stressful enough getting to know someone who's a stranger getting filmed sixteen hours a day, So.
Speaker 5: Like, let's just give these people grace until we know who they.
Speaker 1: Are moving on from mister Hay honey, and he's bride Kristen. Now, I went to another wedding in Sydney yesterday, which, if you haven't seen my video, on Socials. It was awkward as fuc k because as the bride stepped out of her limo and she was filming the arrival sequence where you know, there's a camera crew following her in slow motion as she walks along this wharf, it was at she just looked like she'd rather be anywhere else, Like she looked uncomfortable, and then she hid her face behind a bouquet, and then she just didn't go inside. And then the camera crew from Maths they didn't know what to do, so they kept filming, but they just all stepped back a little bit, and then this bride was just stood alone because like the producers who oversee these scenes, they're always quite far back so they don't get in shot. So then as the camera crew were like, uh, like she's not doing what's instructed, you know, walk down here and go into this door, she's just stopped.
Speaker 2: They've all stepped back.
Speaker 1: They're still filming, obviously because it's content, but as they stepped back, then suddenly it was just like me because where I was stood, she was meant to walk past and go inside, and I was trying to stand back.
Speaker 2: But then when she stopped, I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, fuck, like I don't I don't know what to do here, Like I'm the closest person to her, and it just felt awkward. And at the start, I was like, is this a bit for the show? Is this content? Is it a storyline?
Speaker 2: Is it what? And then I kind of stepped back a bit.
Speaker 1: Then a female producer ran over and like took her inside, and then when she was inside, other female producers came over and like it looked just tense as anything, and it was uncomfortable. And then all the rest of the producers and the crew started like holding these big bunnings umbrellas up so me and the other press outside couldn't see the talks.
Speaker 2: They were having.
Speaker 1: And then they took her away and then she's kind of stood with her back to the us, like she didn't want to talk to them, And yeah, like I've been to many weddings, as you know, for many years, and they always go the same like we filmed that people arrived is a bit of we call it, who hi, it's just silly, and then they go inside and get married. But this felt like I felt uncomfortable and I didn't quite know what to do. And then like seeing the way all these producers were around her in the talks they were having, like it looked again, I just felt uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: And then I went.
Speaker 1: To my car and I had so much work to do, and I'm sat on my laptop for a bit, just editing. Then my friend who's still there, text He's like, ah, I've just seen the groom, like they've took him into another room and it looks like they're taking him offsite.
Speaker 2: And they were hiding him with umbrellas.
Speaker 1: And then like an hour later, I just strolled back over and then I see through the window. There she is, the bride walking down the aisle to film the ceremony. They'd obviously talked her into it. And if you see my video and socials like what which the very last couple of seconds when she meets the guy, there is not a smile on her face.
Speaker 2: She looks just uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: And then since that video came out of mine, and you know, everyone's talking about.
Speaker 2: This moment, the people connected to the show sauces, we could say, and.
Speaker 1: Now trying to spin this kind of narrative story that oh, she felt so uncomfortable with depress and the media that that's why she kind of had that wobble when it's like, well, I disagree with that, like filming on my phone verse the huge camera crews surrounding her, Like I'd say, which is a bit more intense.
Speaker 2: And intrusive, Probably not me? And then if that.
Speaker 1: Was her feeling comfortable because it's me and a paparazzi, then how can when she went inside, they had to take two other rooms and we saw these big intense talks and then the groom was moved and all this stuff. I to me when I'm hearing this stuff from like sauces connected to the show, because the vision you see in my video of how they are like erasing around her, to me, that's not a good look.
Speaker 2: What I am intrigued about, though.
Speaker 1: Is when this airs, because obviously on the actual show she went through with the ceremony. Maybe they'll include a bit of the wobble and the indecision. But I personally reckon the way the crew kept filming everything, and at one point they started pointing out like the press and each other, you know, for added drama. I reckon they're gonna do something on that stand after show thing, and I wouldn't be surprised if they make like the media look like, oh, how could the media do this? The media I ruined in everything. They've made her feel so uncomfortable. The time will tell if that happens, I can tell you absolutely not the case in the slightest anyway. That's it for the new season so far. That's everything I know. If you know anything else, please slide into the DMS let me know. I am all is.
Speaker 2: Say yuh