Speaker 1: Late Welcome to the Wait to play.
Speaker 2: Well, it's great to have your company on the Late Debate. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and filling in for Caleb Bond.
Speaker 3: Caroline Marcus. Thanks for joining us tonight, Caroline.
Speaker 4: Pleasure to be here. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 3: Well, we love shout about so let's get into it. Coming up soon.
Speaker 2: An AFL player receives a moving tribute after the AFL declare him deceased, only for the AFL then to get the phone call from that man saying I'm very much alive and talk to you about that later. Plus when we look at the papers, unions in Victoria demanding police do something about anti Semitism, and Australia's e Safety Commissioner with a fresh crackdown on big tech.
Speaker 3: All of that coming up when we get to the papers.
Speaker 2: But first, Stonehenge has been vandalized by climate protesters demanding an end to fossil fuels.
Speaker 3: So you see the connection, right, It's obvious.
Speaker 2: A five thousand year old stone structure and gas and oil. If you can't see the connection, it's because you're normal, unlike just stop oil protesters who believe the best way to protest and vandalism against the environment is by themselves vandalizing the environment.
Speaker 3: Have a look at what they did.
Speaker 2: Obviously, it's a lot easier to spray orange paint everywhere than to actually think. And it begs the question how did they get to the Stonehenge site anyway?
Speaker 3: Did they walk? Did they take horseback?
Speaker 2: They probably traveled on a bus using fossil fuels to protest fossil fuels. Here's one of the protesters explaining just how useless an Oxford University degree is these days.
Speaker 6: My name is Neiv I'm twenty one and I'm a student at the University of Oxford. Today I'm taking action with just the ward to them on. The UK government commits to signing the Fossil Film on Preniteration Treaty and promises to stop owning fossil fuels by twenty thirty. To refuse to do so, it's too warrant death, destruction and suffering on an absolutely immense and immeasurable scale.
Speaker 2: Liz the Vice chancellor at Oxford University, must have his head in his hands.
Speaker 1: Do not say you're from Oxford. Please do not say you're from Oxford. No actually Oxford these days is probably celebrating that person.
Speaker 5: Is very confusing, though it's all in a whisper.
Speaker 1: I'm doing this because the end of the world is nigh and sufferingly terrible. To be honest, I wish we never talked about these people like because they know that spraying orange cornflower, which is what it was, it will wash off in the rain on Stonehenge and all the other antics that they get up to, whether it's defacing priceless artworks or gluing themselves to Rhodes and just typically being menaces upon an unsuspecting society trying to go about their day.
Speaker 5: They know that none of that is changing the climate.
Speaker 1: They know that none of that is going to force the government to take the action that they're demanding. But they do know this is going to get our cause and our visibility on the platforms the media platforms of the world.
Speaker 5: So I hate it when we give it to them.
Speaker 7: It might do that, but it certainly doesn't win over the general population. I mean, it just turns off more people to their cause. So I mean, I'm not going to give them the inform me that they obviously so deeply desire by actually naming them again.
Speaker 4: But this mob has absolute form.
Speaker 7: I've got to say, I thought this was the lowest that they've taken it. You know, they've targeted a snooker championship before, they've even targeted an MP's wedding, and I think we've got a best of clips from their previous work, did.
Speaker 3: Not I.
Speaker 7: Mean appalling to target someone like that on what should be the.
Speaker 4: Best day of their lives.
Speaker 7: It just shows you how low that these thugs, these environmental terrorists are willingness.
Speaker 3: Too sorry for these kids because it was their fate to be born.
Speaker 2: After civil rights have been one, LGBTQ rights have been one, women's rights have been one.
Speaker 3: So what is there left for them to have their historical moment?
Speaker 2: And that's clearly what they want, their chance to change the world and make it.
Speaker 1: If they genuinely want a cause to stand up for, come see me.
Speaker 5: I've got a master's degree in human rights.
Speaker 1: You can stand up for the ending of female genital mutilation in many many countries.
Speaker 5: That still practice it.
Speaker 1: You can fight for child brides and a child's right not to be married off to a sixty year old man at.
Speaker 5: The age of nine.
Speaker 1: There are literally countless genuine human rights issues that these.
Speaker 8: Those ones are.
Speaker 7: They're the ones you hear the activists that being turned out by these so called yeah, top academic institutions crow about. It's those actual causes, and I think we know why, but it's this type of stuff to attack a five thousand year old monument at this happened on the eve of.
Speaker 4: The summer solstice when people were.
Speaker 7: Gathering to celebrate the natural beauty and the natural world. And they're making a point about the so called destruction of the natural world by protesting that.
Speaker 3: Well, they need to make sense.
Speaker 2: They didn't just vnd lize Stonehenge. Later in the day, they went to an airfield just out of London where Taylor Swift's private jet had landed. Here's some vision of them spray painting private jets on that airfield. Now we're not sure whether that was Taylor Swift's private jet or not. Both of those protesters were arrested, but they got their moment in the sun Caroline, just as Liz said, that's what they wanted.
Speaker 7: They got random the things that they target Stonehenge one day, Taylor Swift's private jet.
Speaker 1: The next modern day slavery that's another really good one for you guys. If you want to get passionate about something that actually matters, make a difference that will literally change millions of people's lives. How about you get stuck into that. But let's talk about tax because heaven knows, no matter how much the government takes, they're always gonna take more. And the men's government here in New South Wales has decided to go about this by freezing the land tax threshold. They stand to gain one point six billion dollars over the next four years by doing this. But of course this doesn't seem like a very smart idea in the middle of a cost of living crisis running in conjunction with a housing crisis, because we all know if you make things more expensive for property owners, they just pass on the cost. And right now people are bleeding out of every orifice just to keep a roof over their heads. Many, many, many people simply can't afford to do it that and there's.
Speaker 5: Not enough supply.
Speaker 1: But here happy you're like this, here's the New South Wales Treasurer telling us about this new move by the New South Wales government and being like, don't worry. Most people don't pay land tax in New South Wales anyway, and those that do well, they just.
Speaker 5: Get it back off the Feds.
Speaker 9: Do you acknowledge that the non indexation of land tax threats will push up rents and impact small businesses?
Speaker 8: No, it won't, And I simply make this point. Other states have higher land taxes and lower land tax thresholds and New South Wales, but they are building more humps and their rents have not increased anywhere near as fast as has happened here in New South Wales. The reason why I can say that is because these changes simply align New South Wales threshold indexation methods to the same that is used in practically every other state. We expect it to raise about one point six billion dollars. But let's just get the facts on the table here. Very very few people pay land tax in New South Wales. Of those who do pay land tax in New South Wales, the vast majority claim a lot of that back from.
Speaker 3: The federal government.
Speaker 8: We're confident that we will be making good decisions going forward into the future about what the land tax threshold is.
Speaker 5: So in the.
Speaker 1: One hand saying not many people pay this anyway, and the ones that do they get most of it back from the federal government. And on the other hand, he's saying how much his government stands to gain from this.
Speaker 5: So clearly there are a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people paying it, enough in fact, for you guys to make.
Speaker 5: Thirty six billion dollars in revenue because land tax is expected.
Speaker 1: To grow by eight point seven percent, coming up to thirty five.
Speaker 5: Thirty seven like this is this is just absolute nonsense from the government.
Speaker 1: And to claim that this isn't going to affect renters, we all know you up the cost for property owners.
Speaker 5: They pass the cost along. It's just as well.
Speaker 1: The maximum rental assistance has been bumped up by forty percent in this nation by the federal government since May twenty twenty two. So people can't afford their rents. They're relying on the government who's making these ridiculous policies that are aiding and a bedding the rent's being pushed up, while then using our taxpayer dollars to help people pay their rent. It's just a complete loophole of idiocy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clearly our politicians don't understand that old phrase mutually exclusive, where you can't do two things at the same time, because they cancel each other out. So to boast that you're going to solve the housing crisis, which was the big boast of their budget, while at the same time, on the sly hitting landlords with a property tax that they will invariably pass on to rent. The two things are mutually exclusive. So for them to pretend they're doing something about the housing crisis, it's just junk.
Speaker 7: It's just when you look at the tax free threshold, the land tax, it's now being frozen at one point oh seventy five million dollars. Look at the prices in Sydney. Yeah, that is a lot of properties here. You really are pressed to find a walk in wardrobe in the eastern suburbs that yes less than that. So I don't understand where he's getting the side year from that. Not many people are going to end up paying it. But I do have to say in the state government's difference, you know, New South Wales is getting a much smaller proportion of what the federal government is carving out in terms of the GST.
Speaker 1: So they go from WA do not try to convince me there is a state doing badly by the GSD Carver, I will not.
Speaker 5: I'm sorrow.
Speaker 7: Many South Wales government is trying to get people to claim the money back from the federal government in a different way. It could be kind of a creative way of re routing things.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: Well, the New South Wales in their government, in their budget are boasting about solving the housing crisis. One of their great boasts was they were going to provide four hundred homes to be at least on the cheap to essential workers. So I've got an immediate problem with that, Caroline and Liz, because I have a problem with certain people being dubbed essential workers. I don't know about you, but I would regard my barista as an essential worker because nothing that happens without my lat in the morning. But they've built four hundred, or they will build four hundred homes to be leased on the cheap to these you know, nurses, firefighters, police. The only problem is that there's about one hundred thousand of these so defined essential workers living in the Sydney area. So the Daily Telegraph worked out that that would give essential workers a one in two hundred and fifty chance of landing one of these homes.
Speaker 3: So unless they're playing.
Speaker 2: The lottery or they're going to put all of these people into one home together.
Speaker 3: You've got Buckley's and none of this doing much good.
Speaker 2: In fact, the Telegraph finally worked out that they've got better odds going down to Crown Casino and playing Roulette where your chances are one in thirty seven of winning, rather two hundred and fifty with the state government. So clearly math not the new South Wales labor government strong point.
Speaker 1: And yet the federal labor government are going to build one point two million new homes over the next five years starting on July first, guys, so don't worry, they're on the job.
Speaker 5: They're going to fix it.
Speaker 1: They don't have enough tradings in the country and we all know that, but they're going to do it one point two million homes over the next five years.
Speaker 7: So well, I mean, I just take issue with your definition of essential workers. You're barista to fund your caffeine habits so that you can come and have this glamorous job that we all know.
Speaker 2: You dolorous and Kayla, it's true.
Speaker 7: It's your favorite partnerc No, but look, if we could do something to try, I don't know. This clearly doesn't seem to be the solution but we desperately need to keep more nurses, for example, in the state and the city, and we need to solve the housing issue for people like that.
Speaker 4: I mean jokes aside.
Speaker 7: It's really important that we keep those kinds of people close to their jobs so they'll have to do better than this.
Speaker 2: You're totally right, It is really important, and four hundred homes is a drop in the ocean. So for the government to claim they're doing something now is just laughable. Speaking of laughable, what about the hysterical reaction from Labor to Peter Dutton's nuclear plan over the last twenty four to forty eight hours. It's in fact, if you look up the word hysterical in the dictionary, there is one word defining it, and that's Labor. Victoria's Energy minister, Lily Diambrosio. She came out the other day and described nuclear energy as quote deadly and dangerous, and she demanded get this, Caroline. She demanded that Peter Dutton guarantee that radioactive material won't leak from reactors and poisoned communities, despite the fact there are what four hundred and forty reactors in thirty one countries. Yes, radioactive waste is not linked into any communities ever. But she wants a guarantee from Peter Dutton that this will not I.
Speaker 5: Think he's going to be able to manage that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, say what it be wist, I will guarantee it, you know. I mean, it hasn't happened like a nuclear experts and we're going to be talking about it a little bit later when.
Speaker 4: We discussed the papers tomorrow.
Speaker 7: But they say, and there has not been an experience where that has happened in any case involving a nuclear plant.
Speaker 2: Yes, so well it gets more hysterical. Have a listened to Victorian Premiere just to.
Speaker 9: Ellen nuclear energy is toxic, it's risky, it's more expensive, and it is decades and decades are way.
Speaker 3: Toxic and risky.
Speaker 2: Though we seem to have had a nuclear reacted just in Sydney since nineteen fifty eight.
Speaker 1: List Yeah, nothing's happened. We're still waiting for the toxic. We're still waiting for the risk. I mean and saying that it's decades and decades await, lady, if the UAE can get it off the ground in ten.
Speaker 5: Years, going from ZIP to now having a large proportion of their.
Speaker 1: Energy needs met by nuclear in just ten years.
Speaker 5: I reckon Australia.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, she's Victoria. See if emu there's.
Speaker 1: No way right, Okay, story lady. It is centuries away for you, so actually you were talking it down.
Speaker 5: It's going to be way longer. Let's go to.
Speaker 1: Queensland now, where Miles is touting the same hysteria My kids.
Speaker 8: Your kids will need to manage dangerous radioactive nuclear waste forever.
Speaker 5: Wow, that sounds terrible. You can just actually see kids in the.
Speaker 1: Backyard handling these topic, maybe with a few hasmac suits. We already do this in the country, Miles. We already handle toxic waste. We already do have plants here, believe it or not. And that's going to continue, yes, but on an industrial scale and very safely, as all the other countries who currently use nuclear can attest.
Speaker 5: We're safe.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't stop the Australian unions from sharing this tweet. Check out what they say, Peter and is gonna make your dog look like this thing?
Speaker 5: It's kind of cute.
Speaker 4: Do you think it looks like a sharp hai? You know those ones in the folds. I don't have a face, but remind dog.
Speaker 5: Not even our mother could have.
Speaker 1: But this just goes to show that what these people think they know about nuclear energy, I think they learned off teenage Ninja turtles all the symptoms because yeah, well, speaking.
Speaker 7: Of the Simpsons, the Victorian premiereges into Alan actually tweeted out a picture a cartoon, an AI generated image.
Speaker 4: Take a look at this. So she's put up this picture.
Speaker 7: It's very simpson esque of a three eyed fish.
Speaker 4: It's just lovely.
Speaker 2: These are the same people who bang on about misinformation and disinformation, and next minute they'll be telling you we've got to follow the science, and now we've got three eyed fish because we want to have nuclear.
Speaker 1: Power and we're going to follow the science. But they can't tell us the science. Even our federal Energy Minister Chris Bowen, when it comes to bashing nuclear this is the best he's got.
Speaker 3: The Liberals and Nationals promised you a sensible energy plan. Instead they're giving you a risky nuclear scam.
Speaker 1: Oh see why, now I'm for your day job.
Speaker 4: Don't get into it.
Speaker 3: Well, he was going with alliteration.
Speaker 2: You know, he's been talking about risky reactors. Risky reactors that wasn't working now he's gone with Rime. I can't wait to be pantomime next. I can't wait to see what he will do. Honestly, unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Well, look, speaking of things that are unbelievable, this next story is a shocker. No, it's honestly, it's a kind of child abuse.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 7: There's a piece today about autistic children being radicalized online. They tend to spend more time online at being neurodivergent. They prefer to communicate behind to screen than in person. And now experts are saying that extremist groups and groups like Islamic State are using social media platforms to target in particular autistic kids. That there's experts that have described children who say have a fixation with planes. Watching one child watch videos of the Twin Towers in terror attack and became obsessed and then became.
Speaker 4: Radicalized out of that.
Speaker 7: So now federal police has got to the point where they are working with autism experts to target this new phenomenon.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's really concerning that some.
Speaker 7: Of the most vulnerable I guess children, young people in society are being targeted in this way, roomed into becoming terrorists an extremists.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting that anyone would do it to children and use children like that, particularly divergent children. What annoys me about this story, though, is the AFP. Well, we're working with autism experts and they're happy to talk about autism and the problem with autism, but why.
Speaker 3: Don't we just go after this thing at its source.
Speaker 2: I mean, we had at the University of Sydney an event where children were chanting for inter fada and Jason Clear, the Education Minister, refuse to come out and flatly condemn it.
Speaker 3: We've had these hate preachers.
Speaker 2: I know you've spoken ad nauseum about them, Caroline, and very little has been done. And now we're read all the AFP they're doing something to make sure that autistic kids are well. We've got to look after kids. I'm not saying we don't, but seriously, that's not the big issue here. That's the fringes. Deal with the root source, Deal with the people who are stirring this stuff up in the first place.
Speaker 5: I'm afraid it's easier said than done. They're genuinely trying to.
Speaker 7: They have you are I don't think they are with the hats they are actual.
Speaker 5: No, not with the hate preachers. No, but now we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about people like Jihad's online who are spreading this kind of radicalizing materials.
Speaker 5: That's what we're talking about, right, And of.
Speaker 7: Course you can't reach all of them. But if you can't even do things about the hate preachers in our own backyard who are being so brazen with what they're calling for and inciting, then what hope do we have of them targeting anyone?
Speaker 4: What we start at home first?
Speaker 2: And it's all too easy to talk about these people they're straight up online because it's sort of they're out there in the etheris somewhere, these faceless, nameless people. Who's to say these people doing it online aren't in Australia Online, Well.
Speaker 5: She give a allegation with person no one can stand. But isn't this what she said is a job. I mean she's.
Speaker 1: Censoring the most ridiculous things, barring it from Australian eyes. Oh you can't see this guy in Canada's post about someone who works for the UN and he's questioning their legitimacy.
Speaker 5: You can't see that for some reason.
Speaker 1: Oh, lady in Melbourne made a small video and put it online talking about a queer club and a primary school in Melbourne. No, Australians can't see that either. I'm the E Safety Commissioner. I'm keeping everybody safe.
Speaker 5: What about this kind of content, lady.
Speaker 1: We're talking about legit, hardcore terrorist kind of content that is radicalizing, in particular kids under the age of sixteen. Where are you now, E Safety Commissioner. Surely that can keep you busy. No, she's too busy ripping down the most ridiculous post no one asked to be protected from, and losing court cases to Elon Musk, Who's like, no, I'm keeping up the video of the stabbing at the church of Bishop Ama.
Speaker 5: Ma'ma Maria Mane.
Speaker 2: The other thing, of course, is that we've got every weekend in all of our major cities, and have done for months now, pro Palestinian rellies. If you want to worry about people being radicalized, the Internet isn't our main problem. There's problems in the streets of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane every weekend. And I've been to a couple of those rallies, and you can't tell me that those rallies don't stir up certain emotions, of course in people's minds. And I remember the director of az I saying it was a good way for people to let off steam.
Speaker 3: Well, that was an absolute joke.
Speaker 2: Anyone who's been to one of those rallies and seen the way that things are expressed and what is said. If you're serious about dealing with radicalism, deal with that, look after autistic kids.
Speaker 3: But don't tell me that's the main issue here.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say that those rallies are more powerful than the online presence though, because the online presence never sleeps. You're talking about a rally, even if there's two a week online material that is.
Speaker 5: US online nights.
Speaker 2: Doesn't something in the real world prompt you to go online and then look for certain things.
Speaker 5: I don't think, hort Car.
Speaker 7: It's not an either or proposition here. Both can be dangerous and harmful. And we know, thanks to some of the report that's come out in the past week that there are extremist groups who are targeting these pro Palestinian rallies at the University of Sydney in other places. His Wood Tarier a group that there have been many calls to have banned here in Australia, and frankly they should be banned as a terrorist outfit, and they have been overseas, have been behind many of these rallies. They're recruiting people at these rallies to join their extremist movement. If that isn't extremely concerning for people, they need to wake up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Litz, take us to the United States with this trans whistleblower.
Speaker 3: I know you've been very well Jans.
Speaker 1: This guy is an absolute hero. His name is doctor ETHANM. Hayne, and he got into very hot water. He's a surgeon. He's working at a hospital in Texas, and he became a whistle blower trying to lay bare exactly what they were doing to the chill chldren in their care. He was indicted by the federal government for being a whistleblower.
Speaker 5: So much whistleblower protections, they're always there to protect the government from what.
Speaker 1: You're blowing your whistle about, not to protect the whistleblower.
Speaker 5: Just so where one hundred percent clear on that.
Speaker 1: He is now looking at potentially ten years in prison for trying to save these kids from what I and probably you two would call outright mutilation.
Speaker 5: Here he is talking on Fox News.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think that's exactly what's happening. I mean, you know, standing in that courtroom and hearing those words, you know, facing up to ten years in federal prison is terrifying, and you think about everything I can miss, you know, my family, the birth of my first daughter, the first few years of her life. But there's something greater to fear, and that's the fear of not doing something. Because the world we deliver our children into, you know, the world is that going to be if we don't stand up.
Speaker 5: The world needs more men like this.
Speaker 1: This may cost me dearly personally, but it's worth it. So what he did and why he's been indicted on four felony charges, is he got documents from the hospital that he was working at in Texas and leaked them to a reporter. Those documents showed that the hospital was still running a gender clinic over a year after it claimed it had been shut down, and it had been shut down for very good reasons, and yet they kept practicing.
Speaker 5: Those are his allegations.
Speaker 1: He's got the proof to prove it, and this is what he's been indicted for on four felony charges.
Speaker 5: You'd think they'd just.
Speaker 1: Be like, oh, thank god, someone speaking out. Clearly, we can see from the documents you've got here. This is dodgy, dodgy business going on. No, he's the criminal.
Speaker 2: Well, within days of the documents being published, the Texas authorities moved to outlaw so it was illegal for them to do any gender therapy or whatever you call it. So the law was actually changed because of this whistleblower. And then he gets a knock on the door from police and he finds himself in court. So what's that old expression, no good deed goes unpunished.
Speaker 7: Well, the irony here is that the indictment says that he caused malicious harm to the pediatric patients who weren't identified in the documents that were leaked.
Speaker 4: But somehow they were.
Speaker 7: More harmed by the leaking of the story than by some of the treatments that the hospital was not supposed to be administering anymore, because it was meant to have shut down this clinic. So you're telling me these children were more harmed by the leaking of a story than by irreversible treatments. Potentially that will mean that their future could be seriously compromised in terms of their health, their sterility, so many other factors. I mean, we've seen increasing evidence, including in this landmark cast review in Britain, that these sorts of treatments for young people cause more harm.
Speaker 4: Than good and need to be seriously scrutinized.
Speaker 2: So clearly law enforcement were not worried about the leak so much as protecting ideology, which is what TikTok seemed to be worried about as well. I want to show you an advertisement that has been banned from TikTok because they say it breaches community standards. The ad is encouraging young girls to stand up for themselves and their right to play sport against other girls. Have look at this and tell me if you think it breaches community standards, if you.
Speaker 11: Think girls and women's equality matter, or stand up if girls and women's sports matter and you want your daughters to have the same opportunity you had, stand up if you know that it isn't fair or see to allow males.
Speaker 4: To compete in girls sports, because as well obvious.
Speaker 5: Stand up. Don't be cosby people who you're bigot.
Speaker 1: You're not.
Speaker 5: It began.
Speaker 3: So you have it.
Speaker 2: According to TikTok, encouraging young girls to stand up for their rights as young girls breaches community standards.
Speaker 3: Can't have that. Don't tell me this is not ideological. It's hot pile all.
Speaker 5: It's ideological.
Speaker 1: This training that now to be pro women in any way, shape or form is to be anti trans and so you can't be avowedly, Oh, I'm standing up for women's only spaces. I'm standing up for women's only sport. By definition, it has to be all women otherwise it's unfair.
Speaker 5: Here we have someone just stating what is black and white. And we've always known that, which is why we've always.
Speaker 1: Had male female separate competitions to begin with.
Speaker 5: And yet TikTok won't hear of it.
Speaker 1: And what's interesting is we know in China they have a very different TikTok they do, so you can bet your bottom dollar this has been ripped off TikTok across the West. It probably never even appeared in the first place in China. Or are they more than happy to provoke those conservative values on home soil while they pollute the rest the West rather, which is the rest basically by not allowing them to be like, hey, here's a counter voice as opposed to all the pro trans lgbt IQ stuff that they're getting slammed with all over TikTok.
Speaker 7: Caroline, Well, it's ironic because I don't think they're worrying about this stuff in China, and that's why they're, you know, such a dominant world power, and their kids are leaps and bounds above the Western world in terms of academics. You know, obviously they're a leader in sport. I don't think they'd be worrying about this stuff. So the fact that their own platform is having to say but we know on TikTok it's it's the wrong.
Speaker 4: I mean the crowd that needs to hear that message because it's obviously a very left leaning young audience.
Speaker 7: I really liked a particular line in this ad which we didn't show in that clip, which is we don't need men to tell us how to be good girls or good women. And I thought that just sums it up, Like, when did it start becoming okay for the trans lobby to tell women how they can be good women? We should we should not be putting up with that, and we don't. I know, we speak out about it, but too many people are afraid to because of this kind of censorship and bullying of that message.
Speaker 2: Well, you're speaking about schools. Look at this school in Lancaster, New York. Let me give you some background before I show you a meeting that took place with the district school board. The problem began when a young girl came home and told her mum that they'd been given a quiz in class.
Speaker 3: Now, this quiz had nothing to do with their grades.
Speaker 2: It wasn't part of the curriculum, but the teacher just decided to quiz the kids and ask them what is gender. Well, this girl wrote down that gender is what you're born with your either male or female, upon which the teacher told her that was incorrect and demanded that the girl cross it out and right instead, gender is whatever you identify as. Now, this mum went to the school board and complained that when her child had been bullied for not buying Pride badgers, she'd remain silent.
Speaker 3: When a Christmas tree was put up in.
Speaker 2: The classroom and decorated with Pride flags, she'd remained silent. But now that not only were the family's Christian beliefs but scientific facts being compromised, she'd had enough, so she turned up with dozens dozens of other parents.
Speaker 3: They actually had.
Speaker 2: A band around their arms with the initials HMP. High maintenance parents, they called themselves, and I reckon, we need a few more high maintenance parents.
Speaker 5: I think they do. You call them times parents. This is asking for the most basic.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I take your Pointill.
Speaker 3: Have a look at this dad.
Speaker 2: He gets up and he lets the school board have it, explaining why his children are no longer at that school.
Speaker 3: At one time I had three dollars in the Lancaster school. One has graduated in twenty twenty.
Speaker 12: The other two now received private education. And the reason they receive private education and do not attend Lancaster public schools is because of the harmful, inconsistent, unsustainable agenda that is being normalized. And he into the school ten years and curriculum.
Speaker 2: So he calls out to the school board, you're running an agenda clearly here, and you'll note the applause he got from parents seated behind him. Then he explained that he was sick of his children being bullied at school because of the agenda being pushed.
Speaker 3: It's very good.
Speaker 12: Have a listen the religion being push here for days in silence and recognition in laws, the demand I shall say, not say speaking, not speaking tonight, I will speak up from my children and your children alife, because you are my neighbors.
Speaker 3: Bullying is bullying, whether it comes.
Speaker 12: From the students, faculty, the school board or your parents.
Speaker 3: Just as being shoved into a.
Speaker 12: Locker is bullying. Being made to look like the unloving intolerance student is awesome.
Speaker 2: And again the applause he gets from parents who clearly have had enough of their children being indoctrinated when they're supposed to learn to read and write well.
Speaker 7: This is certainly not an issue that is just isolated to the US. It is a very big issue here in Australia too, And just a couple of weeks ago, I covered the story about how Gina ryan Hart, the richest person in the country, was backing at the school community at a very elite girl's school in Perth, an Anglican school for girls, one of the oldest schools in the area, because there was more and more radical gender theory in the school. I mean that they were teaching the kids they're having a volver doesn't necessarily mean you're a woman. I spoke to parents who there had been a test very similar to what we just showed before, where they were asked how many genders they were, and the student again in that circumstance, put to and they were told it was seventy two or whatever.
Speaker 4: The current correct answer is.
Speaker 7: It is very much a trend that's happening around the world. It's just a shame we don't have school boards like this here in Australia where parents can directly tackle administrators over it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Parents have to be so on the ball nowadays because we know this is happening in Australia. Do It was just a couple of nights ago we were talking about a report from the IBA.
Speaker 5: They'd gone through the new Kindy curriculum.
Speaker 1: We're not even talking about primary school here, we are talking about Kindy and they pulled out a hun and forty nine references to diversity, equity, inclusion, not one mention of mum, dad, parents even I've said it before, I'll say it a thousand times. The state wants parents' jobs. And this is the new religion being voisted upon kids. They took actual religion out.
Speaker 5: Of the schools. This is the new agenda.
Speaker 1: And the Marxists throughout history, the Communists throughout history have known this so well. There's so many famous quotes of them talking about the fact that you give us the children, he alone, who owns the youth, gains the future, said Hitler.
Speaker 5: They understood this and the West needs to wake up and understand it as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we're going to go to a break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers, including the unions in Victoria finally demands something to be done about anti Semitism.
Speaker 3: That's coming up in just a moment.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers so you hear it from us first.
Speaker 3: We'll start with the.
Speaker 2: Daily Telegraph, which of course is talking about the nuclear hysteria going around the country at the moment, propagated by the Labor Party. The headline Marines reads running scared PM's feeble attack on nuclear power. Anthony Albanezi and his ministers are running a deeply embarrassing scare campaign over nuclear power. One of Australia's top scientists, says award winning nuclear researcher doctor LD Patterson, he's the former boss of the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organization, says that it's just embarrassing and ridiculous for the Prime Minister to be raising all this hysteria over nuclear power, especially when you consider we're about to get nuclear powered submarines as the key part of our defense force.
Speaker 3: None of it makes sense.
Speaker 2: And of course, to prove the point, just to have a look at this post that was put up by Employment Minister Andrew Lee, there is the koala I guess blinky.
Speaker 5: Bill with think he's wearing the Chinese flag for over.
Speaker 3: Actually, of course the main point Liz is his eyes.
Speaker 2: He's got three eyes because he was in one of those electorates where Peter Dutton, the evil opposition leader, is proposing a nuclear It is embarrassing, just as this nuclear expert says.
Speaker 3: And yet that's the state of our political discood.
Speaker 1: It's so childish, right, Like, no, they're not actually mounting intelligent arguments.
Speaker 5: They're saying, oh, it's going to cost so much.
Speaker 1: It's going to cost a drop in the bucket compared to your one point two to one point five trillion dollar green energy scheme. And that's not even the definite price tag. It's just one of those hopeful gauges. If the CSIRO were saying that each plant and Dunton's talking about eight would cost in the vicinity of eight billion dollars.
Speaker 5: That's a bargain. Where do I sign.
Speaker 1: They're saying that, oh, danger changer, it's toxic. Look at any the countries that use this to power. I mean, it's called the workhorse of America for a reason, so much of the Western world in particular, and now relying on this. We've got some of the biggest, biggest uranium deposits in the world and we're not taking.
Speaker 4: Advantage of it a way, so to speak.
Speaker 7: But you know what the irony of well, it's not really an irony, but it's just the sad part is when the left don't have facts to counter with, they always rely on these the sort of cheap emotive rubbish. It didn't work for you in the Voice when you tried that, when you accused Australians of being racist and saying that there was a misinformation campaign against it.
Speaker 4: How did it work out for you then?
Speaker 7: And now to pull out these silly cartoons that belong in the Simpsons rather than actually looking at the countries that have succeeded using nuclear patches.
Speaker 2: Why their argument will back fire because Australians are not as stupid as the government believes them to be. And they'll see straight through this and think if that's if a three eyed blinky Bill Koala is the best argument you've got bring on nuclear power, Yes exactly, Caroline, take us to the Australian.
Speaker 4: Australian has got something.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: This is this is the Union actually talking sense.
Speaker 7: The Union Union leader Luke Hillacari is urging Victoria police to treat the pro Palestine in attacks on electorate officers and trades hall more seriously, branding the vandals cowards and morons. Now these strong words come, of course, after Labor MP Josh Burns's electorate office was vandalized. I mean vandalized isn't a strong enough word. There was an arson attack that was disgusting, anti Semitic horns painted on him and the words Zionism is fascism.
Speaker 4: They put the lives of residents that lived above that building at risk.
Speaker 7: This union leader is calling for police to take it more seriously because at this point, all these attacks that are happening on politicians' offices, and they've been several and union buildings have been dealt with at a local police unit level and it just doesn't seem to be treating it with a seriousness that it now deserves.
Speaker 2: I've mixed feelings on this because I agree with them it needs to be treated far more harshly. But it's only now that a trade union hall has been vandalized they want this treated more seriously, which begs the question more seriously than what more seriously than Jewish shops being vandalized, more seriously than Jewish schools being vandalized, more seriously than a Jewish MP's office being set on fire? Yea, how serious do you want to get and why weren't we getting serious seven months ago? So welcome to the party, Melbourne unions. Better late than never, But gim they took their time getting well now.
Speaker 5: They've got a personal vest the truth.
Speaker 4: Now we care.
Speaker 1: Now we're on board down with anti Semitism. To the second splash on the front of the oars E Safety Code to rain in recalcitrant tech titans tell us more tech giants will be forced to tackle child's sexual abuse and pro terror material on their platforms under mandatory standards to be imposed by the E Safety Commissioner.
Speaker 5: After resistance from some of the world's.
Speaker 1: Biggest companies to tackle a borrent material.
Speaker 5: Look, this sounds marvelous, and.
Speaker 1: Of course nobody with a single fire and neuron would argue, oh no, we can't have that. It sounds yep, great, do that. However, I've seen Elon Musk talk at length about this, in particular because e says if something breaks the law, if someone posts content in a country that breaks the law, obviously child exploitative material, like we're talking about with regards to this article, it comes down. It doesn't get to stay on the platform. So reading it, one goes, oh, well, this is marvelous. Absolutely that stuff shouldn't be online. But when you know that these guys already take great pains to ensure that any sicko's posting it on their platforms are shut down quick.
Speaker 5: Smart, you're like, are you just blowing hot air to sound good?
Speaker 2: And this is where the E Safety Commissioner has done herself and major dis service, because when you're blowing hot air over something as serious as child pornography, but five minutes ago you were blowing hot air about, you know, a post that you didn't like because someone pointed out that a man dress as a woman was actually a man.
Speaker 5: A Greeny video on YouTube.
Speaker 3: It was like excessive violence.
Speaker 2: Well then everything that E Safety commissioner says, you go, yeah, take.
Speaker 5: That with a music exactly.
Speaker 7: I don't think she can be trusted at this point ye to determine for what is too dangerous to have on the platform.
Speaker 4: But you're right.
Speaker 7: I mean it's difficult to argue against obviously anything to do with child's sexual abuse. And I've seen plenty of what I would describe as material that's pro terror. I mean there's actual terrorist propaganda videos that I've seen on x and being posted and shared by Australians. So I mean, I would like to see that tackled more. But it is a slippery slope as well, because are they using this to just justify taking a more authoritarian approach.
Speaker 2: Office And she's undermined her own trust with the Australian community, which now effectively makes her pretty useless.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean in this.
Speaker 1: Article she literally says that these messaging apps, these platforms that she's talking about are quote free havens for pedophiles. Like, like I just said, no, these platforms already have very stringent things in place to ensure or that they're not the ones.
Speaker 3: What's the word profligating, propagating.
Speaker 5: That's good enough. It'll come to me at like three am. I'll set hold up right in, Ben, Let's.
Speaker 2: Go to the front page of the Gold Coast Bulletin, where the chip drinks row continues. Last night we talked about the fact the paper was reporting that a nightclub in the major tourist strip there at Surface Paradise, was offering three dollars drinks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kaylee, well bhie.
Speaker 2: The headline today reads or tomorrow rather no more race to bottom. The state Nightclub watchdog has ordered a meeting of Surface Paradise operators to crack down on huge drinks discounts. So the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation will get all the nightclub owners together to talk about whether or not they should be offering drinks for three dollars. The argument, of course, is other nightclubs will all go broke if you do this.
Speaker 3: The regulator, I think, is more concerned about unruly behavior.
Speaker 1: Nannyday, leave the free market.
Speaker 5: Alone, get out of it, out laws.
Speaker 2: We got to go to a break, but stick around when we come back. A former AFL great finds out that he's deceased and has to bring the AFL to say no, I'm still alive. Well, the AFL had its Hall of Fame ceremony on Tuesday night. I wasn't watching, but neither was former Hawthorne great Michael Porter. He was out for dinner when his phone started going off with people calling to find out if he was okay because the AFL broadcast had just announced that he was deceased and were memorializing him. He got several phone calls before finally he called someone at the AFL to let them know, Hey, you've just told the whole country I'm deceased. I'm actually out for dinner. Well, this is course has caused hysterics. Have a listened to former Hawthorne player John Kennedy Junior.
Speaker 3: He was interviewed about this just the other night.
Speaker 13: Well, I love to see went out to Michael Porter, who played in the seventy one Grand Final. Nick port OL's like he was noted just deceased last night on the AFL Hall of Fame. He was one of the deceased people. The issue is he's alike, So Portoles, if you're listening later or you're up there in New South Wales, let us know when the wake is.
Speaker 5: Because where will be all there.
Speaker 2: So could you imagine being out for dinner and everyone's going to say you were dead?
Speaker 1: It could have been one of those funerals Carrow, that you were just talking about in the break, where people just have these funerals before they die.
Speaker 4: Now to living funerals. It's a real trend apparently, because you get to.
Speaker 7: You miss out on all the good stuff and nice, lovely, heartwarming stuff people say about you if you're not at your funeral, So why not have it while.
Speaker 4: You're still alive and then you can hear everyone you know talk here?
Speaker 3: Do you lie in the coffin?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I don't think it goes that far.
Speaker 7: I don't know if you sit at the back or you're watching on another screen or something.
Speaker 4: It's all very awkward.
Speaker 7: But I have to say, I mean, I thought in a television newsroom. Every TV newsroom does this. They prepare eulogies for people who are either very.
Speaker 4: Old, high profile, like the Queen had one for years.
Speaker 7: You'll just update periodically with any new information so it's ready to go. And it feels like this is like that accidentally, Eric, So I think someone just pressed go too quick on this line.
Speaker 2: You know, have people go on Wikipedia and they update their own Wikipedia thing. If you worked in the TV newsroom, you could go onto the Yes server, find your obituary and just you know, put in some.
Speaker 1: Nice speak it a bit most loved worker at this place of work.
Speaker 5: But hey, he could have had that because all the people calling him would have been.
Speaker 1: Like, mate, thought you were gone, love you having that moment where you think you've lost someone that you love.
Speaker 7: It when he actually Clark sets, it's like in memorial for real this time, guys, that's.
Speaker 2: All we've got time for sticking around. Coming up in just a moment is the rita penahesia m h