Speaker 1: Get in the morning every day, A.
Speaker 2: Big bird thing this morning. But we have to talk about this because Cocky want to book it. Captive cockatoos have at least thirty different dance moves in their repertoire.
Speaker 3: Did you know this?
Speaker 1: Good stuff? Guys? Do you know what? I think I knew this because we grew up with the cockatoo. What do you man? What's funny about.
Speaker 3: That you grew up with a cockatoo? Okay, cool?
Speaker 1: A cock or two? No, I said? Did I say what I said?
Speaker 3: It sounded very similar? Anyway, what was your cockatoo's name? You also had pet rats. I'd like to remind everyone on the farm cockatoo and pet rats, anything else exotic?
Speaker 1: That you had guinea pigs, rabbits and do you know what? We actually had two peacocks and one guy eaten by a fox, like almost immediately as he hit the deck. And then the other peacock, whose name was Peaky classic. The cockatoo's name is Cocky two. By the way he lived out his days. They pulled a lot of peacocks. They pooh a hell of a lot. They can destroy a porch anyway, so.
Speaker 3: It's very difficult to proceed when you tell stories like that, do you understand?
Speaker 1: Laugh from the farm?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So at Charlestit University did analyze forty five social media videos of different cockatoos dancing and identified thirty different moves. That's more moves than you and me, more moves than most humans. They also found some individual cockies have unique dance moves, which often involve combining several movements in new ways. Oh my god, they've got Corey. The cockatoos have got Cory.
Speaker 1: What's gory choreography? Oh my gosh, there you go. That's very, very handy.
Speaker 2: And so then they went to the Wogga Woggazoo, which is in your neck of the woods. They played the music. They played them a podcast or silence to see how they react. All the birds danced even when there was no music to dance too.
Speaker 3: Isn't that incredible?
Speaker 1: Well, usually when you're dancing to music doesn't exist, it means that you're absolutely bat you're crazy. But in this, in this case, the cockatoos have found a rhythm somewhere and they're going for it.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you see people in the all just dancing to music that doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: They've got those cockatoo vibes going on.
Speaker 2: It's really interesting as to what music the birds are into. And obviously they love Billie Eilish of.
Speaker 1: Course this you can imagine too. Just it's it's it's sweet and seductive this tune. But gosh, the coffee fluffing.
Speaker 3: That's when the male cockies want to get a bit amorous. But the female cockies they.
Speaker 1: Work on Billy slow it down a little bit.
Speaker 3: They love anything by birds tokyo.
Speaker 1: This is when they dance in unison side to side, head sriveled the other side, back to the other side.
Speaker 2: They have been known to pull out their torch light on their phones to this song as well with their little wings. Yeah, yep, drinks and also oh my god, as if they don't go off to Nellie potato.
Speaker 3: Am interesting to know you've had a cockatoop.
Speaker 1: For some reason. We're bird themed. But well, what's going on? That wasn't planned, It.
Speaker 2: Didn't happen on purpose, But we have discovered something about a couple of members of our team, real sort of bird phobia. Yeah, boss Josh, who's I mean? Look is he on the masculine site?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah he was until we found out his weird strange bird fabure, particularly when we got some footage captured of him responding to a bird getting up in his face. Oh God goodness me.
Speaker 3: Well, Boss Josh or ned Flanders.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe it's sometimes. Have you ever seen both in the same.
Speaker 3: Room that I haven't? Now that you've planted that.
Speaker 1: Sea unbelievable, Boss Josh. Beautiful mustache. It got us thinking as well, like your strange phobias, Yes, because I've got a couple. Do you know the ones? That random? One for me? It's caterpillars. There's a caterpillar when we used to do some stuff up in Queensland. We used to have a propery up there and it was very sort of out back Queensland. It was one time. It was one of those sort of you know, the really colorfu ones. Why don't you get them in South Atralia, really colorful ones. You've got spines and stuff on them.
Speaker 3: Oh, the very hungry caterpillar.
Speaker 1: Really hungry caterpillar. I went through an apple and sorts things for it got to me now, this one landed on my face when I was on the back of a motorbile. Oh, and the spines or whatever like got me and my face completely blew up. Wow, nervis is ending like, oh, caterpillars, don't mess with caterpillars. Okay, it's a bad rap.
Speaker 2: What about this guy producing Lucy sleeps with rats on the farm but can't handle a little caterpillar.
Speaker 1: Caterpillar? Ew, give me all the rats, though, give me the rats.
Speaker 2: We need someone to bring in a caterpillar real quick in the next ten minutes. If you're out and about in the near high Marsh square, quickly find it on and running with it.
Speaker 3: Please don't do that to me.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 3: Just we need some socials content, oh as in any animal sort of phobeias. Yeah, okay, I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you a behind the scenes story about a radio station that I used to work at, and that was I will do anything on this show.
Speaker 3: I would live and breathe for the show. That's fine.
Speaker 2: Do not ever bring in reptiles, ever, ever, ever, And so what did they do?
Speaker 3: They brought in reptiles?
Speaker 1: Oh, cheers, and.
Speaker 2: I nearly I had a panic attack. It wasn't even in the studio, it was in the producers booth next door. Had a panic attack and very nearly.
Speaker 3: Quit on the spot.
Speaker 1: What was it a snake?
Speaker 3: Massive snake?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, here is.
Speaker 3: I'd be scared of that, like hyper ventilating.
Speaker 2: I couldn't even I mean, I know a lot of people have got phobias of snakes, but thirteen twenty four ten, your unique and unusual phobias get involved this spawning. We want to hear from you, and everyone who gets on air goes in the running for the winter weekend escape.
Speaker 1: Another quick one for you. I'm scared of lizards because when I was crying off and there's a little town near us called Marule, this is southwestern New South Wales, and they have this thing called the Billy Brownless kick the football over solid day. Anyway, long story short, they'd have the bog eye races that had the guy raises jades. So bog eye is like a top of lizards, like a blue tongue, but looks a little bit different. And we adopted some of the bog eyes. And when they were at home, I stuck my finger in the mouth and the bog eye slowly closed its mouth and I felt like I was about to lose my finger.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 1: It's a lesson and all that I think it's don't stick your fingers in the mouths of lizts, but I'm not sure. Still trying to work it out.
Speaker 2: When you say bog eyed lizards, are they like those bog eyed.
Speaker 1: Fish, Well no, I don't think they're big boggy eyes, but they look like the blue tongue. All right, Yeah, I'll show you a Google photo after this.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: Cool bog eyed lizard story mate so much.
Speaker 1: I didn't think i'd find myself telling that story, but here we are.
Speaker 3: Thanks Broke.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Lee from Stefred Rise. What are you scared of that you probably shouldn't have been, shouldn't be late.
Speaker 4: I have a phobia of nail polish on my fingernail.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh wow, take us through it, all right, and take us through your childhood trauma.
Speaker 3: Where did it come from?
Speaker 4: Oh it's not I don't know when it happens. But I cannot, as an adult, have on my fingernails or I will have a full blown panic attack. I can have it on my toenails, just not on my finger.
Speaker 3: Oh so you can have a pedicure, just not a manicure.
Speaker 2: Yes, whoa so have you ever been in one of those nail salons and had a full blown, like falling apart panic attack?
Speaker 4: No, because I won't join them.
Speaker 1: That's your phobe. You shouldn't answer them.
Speaker 2: I guess it shouldn't enter the lions den that is a nail salon.
Speaker 1: A right, Oh, I share this one Crystal from Gilli's Planes. Good morning to you. These little creatures are disgusting. Take us through it.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, Crystal, what do you scared of?
Speaker 4: I am petrified of Christmas beeedles. My children always get them and throw them at me.
Speaker 5: I can't stand the.
Speaker 1: Sounds or their legs nothing.
Speaker 4: It will throw me into a full panic attack.
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: The thing about Christmas pedals is? There's nothing good about them, but we lure it in to them being good guys purely because they're called Christmas.
Speaker 2: That's already what's so terrifying about them, Crystal.
Speaker 4: It's the sounds that they make, and they're legs like.
Speaker 6: I don't, I can't the sensory thing the legs touching me.
Speaker 1: Is just really.
Speaker 3: Okay, forgive me. I don't know what sound a Christmas beetle makes. Do you know Crystal, can you can you do it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I can't. If I can, it's traumatic. Okay, take it to that space.
Speaker 2: Let's go to summer from Kensington. Good morning, Summer, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: What are you scared of that you shouldn't be?
Speaker 6: I'm scared of the spinning wheel of fortunes?
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, okay, I'm just going to play this for your summer. Tell us the emotions that you're going through. Oh dear, well, yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Makes me feel a bit sick. So is it?
Speaker 3: Is it the wheel of fortune wheel or just any old wheel?
Speaker 6: Just the wheel of fortune wheel? So when I was little, my NaN's had one in the backyard, but it really mad out of wooden. Now I don't even know where it came from. I was spinning it and it fell on top of me and one of the nails on it cut my eyelid open. So now not going near them?
Speaker 3: All right? What if I were to do this with the birthday?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Makes Peo feel so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Goodness.
Speaker 7: Our next guest is the incredible voice behind this smash, and she's freeh off a massive run of live shows where she opened for three time Grammy winner Global Pop Owerhouse d you will leave us.
Speaker 8: I stepped a little bit away from music, raised my faily and she just shot the start it. But we started with the same management, at the same.
Speaker 1: Age and everything.
Speaker 8: So for our paths to come back together is a really beautiful thing.
Speaker 7: This homegrown Aussie start is in Adelaide tomorrow night before me at the Lions Theater. Please welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hello, thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: This is a world first because we are going to live in your car.
Speaker 3: You're fresh from the gym and you're on FaceTime. This is amazing.
Speaker 8: I look pretty good bye.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 2: It's like you haven't even broken a sweat, which suggests to me, Ketty, you're not going hard enough with the gym that I.
Speaker 1: Get the heart rader.
Speaker 8: But I stopped before I get sweaty and dizzy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a fine line.
Speaker 1: That's a smart way to do it. Yeah, it's done, Ketty. It's been a whirlwind. Oh my gosh, how do you summarize. I suppose last a few years because we just heard as well. Obviously you're mixing with the likes of Dua Lipa. This is incredible.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it has been a well wind. I've been loving every moment of it. It's been busy.
Speaker 2: I just want to play you a little bit of audio. This is you standing on stage in Melbourne Margaret Court Arena, singing the most beautiful song that you wrote for your sister. But the whole is very visual. But the whole stadium is lit up, people holding their lights, their lights on their phones and it's absolutely stunning.
Speaker 3: Have I listened to this.
Speaker 1: The studio sways in Unison?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got our lights on, our spotlights on.
Speaker 1: Our phonew'd you get a lighter in here?
Speaker 2: What is it like in the moment when the whole crowd is in the part of your hands must be incredible.
Speaker 8: It is really incredible because my fan base has never done that before. And when I was I think I was supporting Madison Beer the first time that had happened, and it showed to me how much my song when played for the first time, like people listening to it for the first time. Because majority of those people had no idea who I was, it resonated with them and it felt I didn't I didn't dedicate it to my sister. I just played the song and people felt it and they put up their lights, and those three shows I did with Madison Beer. I was pretty much choking back tears every time. And the same thing happened again at Dua Lipa. And the funny thing is when I do my own shows, I don't put up their lights. It's like, yeah, it's almost like the strangers just get it and they put up their lights.
Speaker 3: But I just want to be such an incredible feeling.
Speaker 1: Can you get used to that? Crazy?
Speaker 8: It overwhelms me at no matter what level you get at. It's like it's so emotional to see that that song's resonating with people. It's almost like they want to be there for you and they want to be there with you and they're showing you that they care.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's kind of what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you stepped away from music for a little while and you've got two kids. Do they know that mum's a big deal or they're just completely a blessed?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: They think I'm bigger than I am, so they're like mom's realerships is like, there are you like that?
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, sure, yeah, you know believe in magic. We do a labor.
Speaker 2: Is there separation when you support someone like that? I guess is there inventing of the two of you or is it quite distant.
Speaker 8: Like with any huge artist, you always expect that to be separation because they've got to put on a huge show. There's so many things that they have to do before the show. But with the Dua, she's the kindest, sweetest soul, and she would invite me into the dressing room, or would be doing the group huddles right outside of our dressing room. Whenever she walked past the dressing room, she's sticking her head and saying hi. So you know, for someone at that level, you could expect them to be absent from the space, but she's in and all around. It's amazing to see how much love there is for her with her and her crew and her musicians. One time, her assistant came in and going, hey, come into the dressing room and I was halfway done doing my makeup, and I was like, dah, give me give me five minutes, please, it's.
Speaker 1: Not a good move telling do it, give me a moment, do it. We can't wait to see Kita, And of course you're performing tomorrow nights. Lauren's Art's a factory right here in Adelaide. And by the way, if you do want tickets skips car right now. Thirteen twenty fourteen, Keater Alexander. We love your music. Thank you so much for the chat. Thank you. I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know now.
Speaker 3: I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 1: I need to know what's in the news today to know this.
Speaker 3: Here's what you need to know.
Speaker 2: What you need to know with Jody and Ady, how much would you pay do you reckon for a two thousand and six Rangey?
Speaker 1: I don't know how much range roves are worth, not really my jam right and like you said, one of those ones.
Speaker 2: You've got a rangy range here Ford Ranger, Ford Ranger.
Speaker 1: Do the range Rovers of the Ford Rangers hanging out? I'm not sure they do well.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure how a two thousand and six normal Ranger goes for But you can now buy Queen Elizabeth the second's old supercharged range Rover, her old L three to two to two is heading for auction and it's had some tasteful royal mods.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know what that is?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's been through the Ring of too. It is cold, but it's a range Rover.
Speaker 2: So it's got Tongua green paint. And sand Oxford leather. But it's also got a little ornament on the front and that's a miniature canine, So a miniature dog with a pheasant in its mouth.
Speaker 1: A pheasant did it's about it's been hunting.
Speaker 3: That's up there with some of the great modifications.
Speaker 2: Isn't it like a like a spoiler on her Yundi XL.
Speaker 1: Yes, very similar, or a little spoiler on a lancer with the fresh sticker work on the back that says rally art.
Speaker 3: Would that driver have a fade?
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, the double fade, maybe slip in the eyebrow too.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 2: I want to have that would go for an absolute fortune. She had a fleet of vehicles, but this was for her everyday use.
Speaker 3: That's got to go for millions, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, sure like that is we're talking remember for things to collect royal memorabile there right at the top. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also though it's got one hundred and twenty thousand miles on the clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been around the blot, it's been.
Speaker 3: Around Windsor Castle several times.
Speaker 1: I sort of feel like, do you know the really really fancy things where they actually they don't depreciate is range Drover. Are they one of those things? Are they that fancy like range Rovers and rolls Royces? Where they don't?
Speaker 3: Actually, I think none.
Speaker 2: To get to a certain I think all cars de appreciate, don't they, range Rovers included, although they're very nice cars?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are you saying that my nineteen ninety four fair Lane that I for my first car? What's it worth? Now?
Speaker 3: Oh? What did you sell it for? Dusk?
Speaker 1: I sold it to a metal tip for three hundred bucks and I was happy with that. Yeah, I'll bet you as I was considering leaving it on the side of the road.
Speaker 2: And long enough for the cops to come and put a little sticker on the front that says police aware.
Speaker 9: Still to come with Jodie and Hazy on Adelaide's None one night.
Speaker 1: Should we jump into the one night Wonder? And I love it when it's in this situation where it's Jackpotter baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Two prizes so today. Upper grabs are one hundred dollars Maarsenleine Adelaide boucher and also a Bank Street Burger voucher.
Speaker 3: So much delicious food to believe.
Speaker 1: It, Oh, American style smash burgers, free trink fresh black Angus Beef Hot Juicy, ready fast, right next to the Bank Street Social open Wednesday to Saturday. All right, jajs Red, I think it's definitely doable, but you be the judge. And here's like a bit of an extended version.
Speaker 3: Oh now I know.
Speaker 1: You got it? Yeah, okay, thirteen and twenty four to ten. Let's play the one note wonder once again. It is this. It has to go off this morning.
Speaker 3: Two drum beats that give it away.
Speaker 1: You've got it? Ye okay, thirteen and twenty four ten, let's play next. Two epic prizes up for grabs.
Speaker 4: The following segment is for mature audiences only and may container content, graphic language and nudity.
Speaker 3: Not that you'll see it if it easily offended. Well, you're about to find out.
Speaker 1: Just how easily your father he's on your money, Jody and.
Speaker 5: Haziest is six for not.
Speaker 1: Well. Sometimes you think you've seen it all and then the story pops up on your desk and you're like, wow, boy, oh boy, now I have indeed seen it all. Proposal's gone wrong in the most wrong way of all time. Can we go to Florida?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Just only in Florida. Florida man planned a very intimate proposal, and then mid sex, he decided to surprise his girlfriend by hiding a small engagement ring in his mouth. So, okay, I see what's happening. It's a bit of a strange way to do it, but unorthodox, but here we are. His idea was to pop the question at the height of passion.
Speaker 2: My god, so at that moment, that's when he thought, but how do you get the words out in anyhow?
Speaker 3: I have so many questions? Keep going.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, at that very moment he gasped, the ring slipped, and in a series of acrobatic thrust and poor timing, the ring well drodes disappeared inside her. I'm raiding the sheep. I'm reading the story. It's from Florida.
Speaker 3: Can I know where a lot in Florida?
Speaker 2: No one's asking at this point where it happened. Everyone's asking where did the ring disappear into?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's very true.
Speaker 3: Which bit?
Speaker 1: Well, I think the bit where you traditionally where a man and woman make love to make a baby. That's what I'm assimm Yeah, yeah, kip, yeah. So the panic, the couple rushed to the emergency room, where doctors carefully retrieved the ring without incident. That er nurse said it was not the weirdest thing we've seen this week, which is just incredible. Despite the ordeal, she said, yes, their engagement photos are now a meme, with one viral caption reading she really had to dig deep for this one.
Speaker 2: Oh fairy goodness. I will say this about this story. Okay man loses ring inside girlfriend as he's trying to propose people like this shouldn't be allowed to get married.
Speaker 3: It's true, they shouldn't. They're not smart enough. Andrew.
Speaker 1: That is the classic warning sign right there. Put it out there.
Speaker 2: When did you lose the ring in your vagina? Oh?
Speaker 1: For board, we'll get to cause next. Jod's crows are absolutely flying, absolutely flying, and it feels like people are just starting to take notice, even though, for goodness sake, they're sitting on top of the ladder. One of the absolute experts in the media is Kath Laughnan from Chao Sports and Fox Sports. Since he joins us this morning, get a Kath, Hello, team.
Speaker 9: You know what's good about the crows being on top and and flying at the moment, I think they're getting a lot of neutral fans jumping on board because I think the Crows would be the best story if they were to win it this year. So I think they've got to be yeah much, but I think they've got to you know, everyone thinks all Brisbane have had their turn, they want it, so I think there would be a lot of neutral fans that would jump on the Crows bandwagon.
Speaker 1: In September and we were.
Speaker 3: Having this chat who misses out, who misses out in the eight.
Speaker 9: I think tonight's game has a huge say in who misses out because Hawthorne just have such an incredibly tough run home.
Speaker 3: This is must win for them.
Speaker 9: So we'll see it. But then you know, there might be a few curveballs as well. Bulldogs play Melbourne this week. I don't know what the D's will produce after they're emotionally charged weeks, so will there be a bit of an upset there. But I think just on the basis of their tough run home, I think Hawthorne miss outs, but I actually think they're playing some pretty good footy At the moment.
Speaker 2: Kat I saw Gary Lyne came out and said he was absolutely shocked at this and Goodwin call.
Speaker 3: Were there murmurs in the media or was it was it a big starting.
Speaker 9: I think there was so much Yeah, definitely was starting, but there was so much instability and still kind of is in terms of Melbourne's governance that people thought, well, no, they wouldn't make that big of a call because there's just you know, you know, who's CEO, who's president of the moment, there's a lot comings and goings. Brag Green's about to leave it, so I just think everyone thought they're going to they were going to stay put with him, but then that Saints comeback really hurt him and he had to front the board, like, had a scheduled board meeting the next day. So I think it just started to unravel pretty quickly. And I also respect a club that says, look, once you've made the decision, you've made the decision, pulled the trigger, and now they're ahead of the game in terms of the coaching search, because I think maybe maybe there are a few coaching searchers to come in terms of other clubs.
Speaker 2: Is there anything more deliciously awkward than a sack coach who then has to front the media.
Speaker 9: Do you know what I don't like about it is why do they have to wear a neutral shirt or blazer. I mean, just just wear the club one more time. It always looks so sad and awkward. It's like you're out, not one of us. You don't get to wear our sponsors and our T shirts or anyone merch like.
Speaker 1: It just looks awkward, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: I wonder how long.
Speaker 2: Before s Goodwin at Melbourne FC dot com dot are you?
Speaker 3: I know he's email addressing the club.
Speaker 9: Didn't you like his little comment though about his son, I think Eddie's his name, who said to him, Oh, well, better get on board your old team now, Dad, better get on the board the Crows.
Speaker 1: So there we go.
Speaker 9: That's another couple of fans. They're on the Crows bandwagon. This this September.
Speaker 1: Very good time to jump on board as well. In all your times covering professional sportcats, have you ever seen a professional football team potentially forfeit a game? And could that happen on Sunday when the Crows take on the Legal.
Speaker 10: Hey I am a freematle fan, but I won't go that at Eagles.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 9: Unfortunately, we've got a few of those games at the moment end of season. There's just such a such a gap those top nine teams and the bottom teams, isn't there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cathye appreciate your time, good luck with a call on Sunday and you're right, there could be some moments we have to fill some stuff. So how fun with that? You're going to earn your money.
Speaker 2: Banks guys in Mercy also kicks in at three quarter time and they just got don't worry about the last quarter.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it, guys, banks, guys go gross.
Speaker 1: Foody and cricket. It's all there and the Ausies are back on home sal to take on South Africa and three T twenties and three od I's a first T twenty kicks off this Sunday night with every match live and ad break free on KO Sports. Get on board today watching TV and playing games versus scrolling social media to very different spots when it comes to brain development jodes and quite concerning with our kids. The studies found three minutes of social media scrolling can slow down vital areas of the brain. So this is via a little research project in Melbourne's swin Burn University, Great University, Swinburn hell of a university. They've monitored the pre frontal cortex activity of twenty seven adults, finding that while it increased after what three minutes of TV and gaming, it slowed right down while scrolling social media. Does this surprise you? So it was a small pilot twenty seven adults. They watched the simbets of Friends of course, they did How Fun I'm In. They also played Tetris, and they also played Angry Birds. He's Got My Brain Gup? They logged onto two of their most used social media apps. So study noted that blood oxygen in the section of the brain responsible for cognition, emotion, and social decision making was fine, and they were doing the games and watching TV, but it completely slowed down when they scrolled social media. They also reported a lack of focus. It's just watch your brain basically.
Speaker 2: Do you find when you go to bed sometimes and you pick up your phone you start scrolling and I actively get mad at myself and like stop it, stop it now, read a book or go to sleep. This is doing nothing for your brain. It emotionally makes you feel flat. Why are you scrolling Instagram late at night?
Speaker 1: Do you know there's always a moment where you're like, what am I doing with my life? When it's in the middle of the night. You're scrolling social media. You're not concentrating your half dribbling. You got eyes looking in different directions like a chameleon, and all of a sudden you drop the phone and hit you in the face. Yeah, what I do?
Speaker 3: Because if my brain wasn't rotten enough, Now what am.
Speaker 1: I doing off social media? Come on, let's play a game. There we go, We're I'm forty. The rules are simple.
Speaker 10: About to hear six songs from the same year they cancelected their song as a place.
Speaker 1: They let it go.
Speaker 3: That song is gone.
Speaker 10: Now let's get into the mangos that are ready to battle back to you.
Speaker 1: She tussle this one as well. Scoreline is currently twelve to eleven. Just in my favorite. It's a beautiful, wholesome little space where you get the opportunity to choose the music.
Speaker 2: Cost myself last week, so I forgot to vote for myself and I lost by a vote.
Speaker 1: I didn't lose. It was a drawing, Oh I mean.
Speaker 3: But I cost myself for the victory, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Believable scenes. You won't do that again.
Speaker 3: Probably will get distracted very easily.
Speaker 1: All right, Since we jump into the AI generator's brain. And see what year we're dealing with this week?
Speaker 3: Yes, please, here we go.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: One of the later ones, isn't it all right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Here we go six songs names your buzzer, jump in when you want. Oh, I've gone early. I don't throw my body lines.
Speaker 3: You could not have gone any earlier.
Speaker 11: That was out break.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know what the song was when you find it.
Speaker 1: I love this song so much, yelled over it. Silver Chair, straight lines and I'm in and I'm all right.
Speaker 3: That was a commitment.
Speaker 1: All right. You've got five songs to choose from Jody. Your next one is this next one? You lost four times with this song, yet none from poor going for hinder lips of Angel. It's an absolute beautiful song, crafted by the music gods, but it just doesn't work in.
Speaker 3: This space, certainly does it for me?
Speaker 1: All right? Next one it's cashy Yeah, but is it a winner?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Okay, move it on, all right. You got two songs left. Here goes.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is.
Speaker 1: Going to be straight lines, right, okay, So you've got one something there.
Speaker 3: It's a much worse having it a full of smallers board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, here we go.
Speaker 5: I've got no choice now you ready, exactly because you don't mind it, or because you have to not mind it.
Speaker 3: Maybe I have to not mind.
Speaker 1: All right. So you've got Kanye West Stronger up against Silver Chair straight Lines in two thousand and seven. Two good choices.
Speaker 2: I say, I've probably attached my wagon to the most unhinged artist of the last decade, haven't I?
Speaker 1: Yes? So are you in terms of your personality, what you stand for? Are you attaching yourself to Kanye West? Is that what's happening here? Because I'll take Daniel John's thank you very much. I'll take Daniels. You got some stuff going on?
Speaker 2: Does he?
Speaker 3: Daniel's got some stuff?
Speaker 1: Does he?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 1: I'll take that back. Please get voting at Jody and Hazy on our Instagram page.
Speaker 10: He was dubbed a once in a generation player by recruiters and was drafted to the Gold Coast Suns at just eighteen years old.
Speaker 1: Joss kicks some long stuff.
Speaker 10: He's caught Adelaide, it's the biggest recruit and he's finally come back home.
Speaker 1: Gets it out to Lacosis.
Speaker 10: Please welcome Jack Lucosias.
Speaker 1: Jack is back. Welcome back man, morning guys. Great to be back. And you're so early this week too. Mistake again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think at this point, in terms of your lateness and the fact that you failed to show for the first half of your last interview, it's about rebuilding trust now us.
Speaker 11: Yes, absolutely, it's like a little first year kid. Yeah, fair late and yeah time first first steps in place, that's go what.
Speaker 2: Happens, quick question and without notice. If you're late to the club and there's a fine system, what sort of things do you get fined for being late?
Speaker 11: Yeah, usually twenty or thirty bucks or something like that. But then it's towards the embarrassment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the humiliates.
Speaker 11: I've seen some like up in the gold I've seen some like apologies, like up in front of the group, some stuff like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, it's more just if you walk in mid meeting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I looked at my glorious AFL career where I was. That's a Sidney Swans for two years on the rookie list, and what used to happen up there.
Speaker 2: They had an election to keep him on and then they chose to know I retired.
Speaker 1: I retired on his own terms. It was mutual, okay, just like Simon Goodman and Melbourne. Because it was mutual, they would make you if someone was late to something the next morning. I think it was Cleverly or Maruba. You'd have to do a six am beach session and it was a guy called Stuey Maxfield who was so scary. You do this knuckle push up session on the concrete and bokes. Yeah, blokes would be bleeding via the knuckles doing these push ups. Not too many bogs were late. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I've been through a few of those sessions and they're never good. So you know they take you pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Well, just leave you thirty bucks for me and Hazy on the way, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Give us coffee for the next few days.
Speaker 1: Mat Can we talk about Travis Spoke. What an absolute warrior he's been for such a long time. Here's some of his speech which has just been released that you guys got told.
Speaker 12: I'm actually grateful that I actually get this chance to retire and tell you boys after nineteen years, Kenny know you've been a father figure for me. Yeah, everything you've done for me, you've had your door open. I'd liked to me to captain this footy club. To having the belief in me to lead the boys has been a great honor.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 12: I can't thank you for everything you've done for me. I'm going to enjoy the last three games and live my dream for three more weeks, and I can't wait to spend it.
Speaker 1: With your boys. Yeah, you've seen some retiring speeches, but no one who's pushing four hundred games. This guy has just been an absolute freak. Yeah, he's been incredible.
Speaker 11: I wish I've spent some more time with him, but I've only had a year and I've learned so much.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that speech was pretty epic.
Speaker 11: He was so calm, and I think he was so content with his decision, Like he he was like emotional, but he held it so together. And yeah, he's obviously been an amazing servant for the club. And I'm sure the fans will come out in these last couple of games to get around him.
Speaker 2: What was behind the decision? Did he just I know, he come out and he said he just felt like mentally and physically he wasn't up to it anymore.
Speaker 3: It was it solely that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's I think he's got absolutely everything he can out of himself, both physically and mental space.
Speaker 1: I think I said it.
Speaker 11: The mental space is probably what's prolonged his career over the past five or so years with learning a heap of techniques to get him up for games and stuff like that. So now we've all learned a heap of him and he's going to be great to finish a year with.
Speaker 1: So everyone, and we've spoken about this before, he's just got this aura about him. Travis spoke, and he's one of those bogs. When he speaks, everyone listens and you listen to every single word that he said. He'd be a great coach. Is he interested in coaching? Could you see him coaching in the future.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm not sure if that's what he wants to do. But he's definitely got that caring side for players like he's he's got time for everyone. That's what I've probably my big thing coming into the club, and I've had lots of long one on one conversations with him, and he's got time to listen to your story and then put his two cents in. So I think he's one of those people that whatever he chooses to do, he'll go really well in and I'm sure he's got plenty of options.
Speaker 1: You just feel like Bogy's got some options that yet.
Speaker 2: He's an ambassador for the Childhood Cancer and we went into the women's and children's one day we were doing something for them, and one of the nurses said, yeah, bok, he's in here all the time, and you wouldn't know it because he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Talk about it.
Speaker 2: He's not doing it for publicity, but he just quietly slips into the women children's and goes and visits some kids.
Speaker 3: That's pretty damn cool.
Speaker 1: Cool. He's a superstar person.
Speaker 11: And yeah, I don't think he's done a heap of media over his long career. He's kind of done what suits him and stuck to his values. So yeah, it's been pretty special.
Speaker 1: Very nice Jack. Before we let you go, confirmation Jack is back. I'm in Oh, yes, Saturday night.
Speaker 11: Yeah, good to be back. I've missed enough for you this year, so it's going to be good to be back out there.
Speaker 2: Are you still feeling sort of positive? I mean, this year's been a bit of a nightmare for you in terms of injuries, but you're still feeling positive about your time at Port Adelaide.
Speaker 3: And moving forward and what's to come.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the year I think for the whole club hasn't hasn't gotten a plan for players, coaches, everyone, So I'm personally keen to finish the year strong, have a few good experiences into the off season, but obviously a lot of change changes coming up, and yeah, it's we're gonna have to regroup and get ourselves excited for what's to come.
Speaker 3: Well, you've spoken about Boke in his elite preparation.
Speaker 2: If you've learned nothing from him, is it to get a sauna in your house?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mitch, and he's got one.
Speaker 11: So we've been we've been smashing them. But yeah, yeah, there's been a little bit of illness through the club, so I think the group's saunas have kind of been banned at the moment.
Speaker 3: Kind of does it spread?
Speaker 11: Okay, stop sharing as they're very important in winter.
Speaker 2: Here you that sauna's derailed.
Speaker 1: Port Adelaide Sea Jack, thanks so much for stopping by and also thanks for the you gets to give away.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no worries, good stuff. Saturday Night Adelaide Oval versus at Freeman. We can get yourself some tickets Portadelaide FC dot com dot au or you can just give us call right now. Thirteen twenty four ten, let's hook you up Jack the coaches. Good luck against the Dockets. Thanks guys,