Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders, and you've made your way onto our close friends list.
Speaker 2: So you don't put the juiciest goss on your main story. You keep it for your close friends.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what these episodes for. I'm just going to leave that in there. We have something spicy to read out today, Matt. I have received an apology.
Speaker 3: From who me was? Yeah, what did I say?
Speaker 1: I've received an apology and I thought this could open up a conversation about a few things. Okay, I'm going to read this out to you, Matt. It's from someone who listens to the pod and someone who follows me. I assume probably you too, Hi Britain, Matt. This might seem like a strange email. By the way, you can email us in case you didn't know. Yeah, always in the show notes, email us anything. Yeah, fucking please send us all your weird shit, we want to hear it. So this might seem like a strange email, but it's been on my mind for so long that I felt compelled to write to you. I don't expect a response here. We are fucking making a podcast about it, but I just wanted to make sure that brit sees this. About six years ago, I was following Brit on Instagram. She posted her picture of herself in a dress on a boat. I think I didn't like the dress at all, so I decided to message or comment, I can't remember exactly, to tell her how ugly I thought it was. Britt responded and clapped back at me rightfully so, and we ended up arguing back and forth for a while. The reason I'm emailing is because I haven't stopped thinking about it until this day. I am truly sorry, Brit. I want you to know how much I've grown and changed since then, and how bad I really feel about making that comment. I would never do something like that now, and I genuinely feel awful about it. You probably won't see this, but I just wanted to express my sincere apologies, best regards. I've read this, and the first thing I want to say is I feel bad that she has felt bad about this for all this time, because I don't remember this at all, like genuinely, but in saying that, I've obviously had an U two Matt, Like, We've had so many people say so much shit to us over the years, and I've clapped back at so many people in comments and dms and said fuck off and fuck you blah blah blah, to the point where like I don't specifically remember each individual interaction, especially this is like six years ago. But either way, I think this is just such a nice display of growth from someone, especially if they've had that on their mind for so long that she's reached out to say she's sorry, and I absolutely forgive you. To me, it was probably I don't know how our conversation went, but it was probably just funny to me, like entertaining being trolled, which is what I do every now and then. I don't get hate so much these days, but back then six years ago, I absolutely did. But please know, no hard feelings whatsoever, and you can absolutely stop feeling bad about the comments that you made about my dress. I probably just thought it was absolutely hilarious and was egging you on in my responses, But I just thought that was really nice. Have you ever said something to someone, Matt that's stuck with you forever?
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't really think about it off the top of my head, if I'm honest, But yes, I have those moments all the time where I just get flashbacks to a time that I've put my foot in it or said the wrong thing or.
Speaker 1: But I think the thing is and the good reminder with this email is I think we can get so fixated on the little things that we've said or done in the past, and maybe no one else remembers kind of thing, like it wasn't ever that big of a deal to the people on the other side.
Speaker 2: I think though, as I grow more and more frustrated and the uh, maybe this is why like the old YouTubers and like the people who have been around for so long seem so salty. Not us, But like, you know, there's some other people in this industry who have been around for a hot minute like us, who just complain about fucking everything, and just like everyone just gives off negative vibes, you know what I mean, Because I am And I don't know whether it's just because I'm getting older with age, as well.
Speaker 3: And I mean some of these.
Speaker 2: People are mums and have children and everything like that, you know what I mean, So like, get it, They've got a lot going on.
Speaker 3: But there's like this undertone I guess or like this. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just see people who I'm like, I'm like, babe, if it's not enjoyable, quit your job, you know what I mean, God, do something else, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like they just give off this energy that's.
Speaker 1: Like you clearly they're creator.
Speaker 2: They're a creator who has been around for as long as we have, and I mean at least four come to the top of my mind, like straight away, and I think like they clap back so quickly at people who come at them for whatever whatever, and then that I mean also though there are some people who like feed off that and like that drives their engagements so they complain about that sort of stuff. But anyway, the point is, like what I'm trying to say is as I get older and as I am on social media for longer and longer, the more I just want to go fucking ham and reply to people who do comment on my things. Like I think, like ten years ago, if someone left me a hate comment. I just like try and I think I had almost people please and like go back, and I'm so sorry you feel that way. And then you know, five years ago, i'd just block you. And now I'm at the point where like, if you want to leave a comment like that, I'm ready to come back at you. But the problem is is that social media does not work, Like the apps don't work in our favor because people will write the most horrific thing to me and I'll report it and Instagram or TikTok will go we didn't have a problem with this. This meets all our community guidelines, and I go, this person has called me a fat faggot and told me to kill myself.
Speaker 3: So like, what's going on? Where are your community eye mines?
Speaker 2: But if I write back and say fuck you, strike on your account, baby, you can't be doing that.
Speaker 3: That goes against our community guideline. Yeah, and so I don't get.
Speaker 1: The point of like the apps having community guidelines and the feature of being able to report ship because nothing ever gets taken down.
Speaker 2: No, And I have seen I'm such a reporter when I see people not disclosing paid partnerships raport because that pisses me off because I've always done it properly and I and you have to.
Speaker 3: You're meant to.
Speaker 2: So if I'm doing the right thing and you're not, I'm always reporting not using pad partnership tag, and I encourage you to report influencers who are no.
Speaker 1: When I've seen an influencer doing as clearly sponsored story or a post and there's nowhere that claims it, like, I want to just comment, Like I don't because I don't want to look like a fucking bully, but I want to comment and say this is an ad. Yeah, yeah, put paid partnership brand thing on it.
Speaker 3: It's not hard.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows. Not dumb. No, it is a thing.
Speaker 1: I think they think that people are dumb.
Speaker 2: People are dumb, and our audiences are so much smarter than like people give them credit for. I do a lot of like brand panels, which I don't really like put on social media because they're kind of boring. But a lot of the time I get paid to go and talk in front of like a marketing conference or like an industry sort of thing, and I'll go and like talk and people can ask questions and we basically I sit on stage and I just tell them how to work with influencers and creators because I've been doing it for so long, and like one of the things that I say to them is like, brands need to realize that our audiences are so much smaller smarter than you give them credit for. Like they're switched on. And it's really strange because as I was touring around the country, I was getting a lot of gifts from a lot of people who was obviously that's so lovely, But what was blowing my mind is the amount of attention to detail and things that people bring up or get me gifts around, found certain things that I have said or you know, like I mean, there were just a lot of things that people gave me that I was like, oh my god. And it's so funny because they come up to me and they go, oh my god.
Speaker 3: The funniest thing is when you said this on.
Speaker 2: The podcast and I go, I said that I can't remember, but you know what attention, You're probably right, And so people like pay attention, Like some of my followers know me better than like some of my friends because they pay so much attention that maybe some of my friends don't, don't you know, because my friends aren't watching my stories. Yeah, but I but I also don't repeat myself.
Speaker 1: I would never expect my friends to watch anything that I do.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is like, if I jump on my stories and say a little something, I'm probably not then going to go to one of my friends who isn't watching my stories and say that. So the point that I'm trying to get across is that, like, the people who follow me probably know a lot more or a lot of different stuff to what some of the closest people in my life no, which is the weirdest thing, right because I'm telling them two different things. But it's not intentional. But anyway, that's just I forget where I was going with that. The point is I wish I could clap back. And you have been recently, though, haven't you.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, well, I mean I've always told people to fuck off, but aren't you.
Speaker 3: Scared that your account's going to get banned? That's the only thing that stops me.
Speaker 1: I never think that maybe I should to start Someone called me the someone the other day called me anti feminist. Yeah, because I did a funny video where I went to my store and changed a light bulb, and she's like, this video is insinuating that your staff in the video aren't able to change a light bulb. And I'm what the irony of it is is that I'm also a female. Yeah, and I changed light bulb. But anyway, I just wrote back to that person, I said, you have no sense of humor, and fuck off. I have a company that employees over sixty women and one male.
Speaker 3: I know that was the biggest fucking about back.
Speaker 1: We have a sixty female employees and one fucking male.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 1: And you want to call me an anti feminist? What about the companies that employee only men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fuck off.
Speaker 1: But it was for a fake account. So I just write fuck off. But can we actually get in trouble for writing fuck off?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've always written.
Speaker 2: I remember one time, like someone came at me, so I went back and then I was the one that got in trouble off Instagram. This is years ago, so it's triggered me. And I'm like, because I'd love to give you a piece of my mind, sweetie, I always just say fuck off, But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I literally write fuck off sea word. I don't say that on the pot. But I write in a.
Speaker 2: Comment, did you know I don't say the sea word online or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I think that's a little bit much. I just say it in my personal life.
Speaker 1: Same here.
Speaker 3: There's there's many things that I'll describe as see me too, see a. You know what I mean? That is cef. Anyway, I do.
Speaker 2: I do drop the sea word once in my live shows, and it always catches the audience off guard, and I love it because I never say it and they're not expecting it.
Speaker 1: It's probably such a crack up moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think I said it at your show, though, because my dad was in the audience and I can't say the sea word in front of me.
Speaker 1: Did your dad say the sea words? Oh?
Speaker 3: God, doesn't he o?
Speaker 1: God, No, No, dad.
Speaker 3: Doesn't say anything like that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. My parents stay, don't you step month that. They're not They're not they're not. They're not swearers at all. So growing up like it was wash your mouth out with sop if you swore, which my sister was the one who swore when we were growing out.
Speaker 3: But then I don't know, I just got I just got an.
Speaker 2: Adult hold and I was like, oh it feels good to say fuck, doesn't it Just it just feels.
Speaker 3: Good to say fuck.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, it is what it is, and I think it's who you hang around with as well, because I was hanging out with all the Bogans on the Central Coast and we're all just I mean, oh, some of the friends I had, I don't know how I survived a friendship with them. I can't even believe I was friends with them, because, like, I don't want to use the word dangerous, but like some of them were dangerous too when I.
Speaker 1: Was eighteen, Like I was hanging out with a bunch of people.
Speaker 3: That were bad influencers.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, And now you're still hanging with a bad influencer me.
Speaker 1: You Well, what do you have to say to wrap this up? About the girl that sent the email apology?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's nice for her. I think it's good. I have said it once and I'll say it again that I think people can grow and change, and we should be growing and changing. Remember how everyone used to comment on your fucking photos and stuff, and like you've changed.
Speaker 1: I know that used to be like a hate comment that I would get, like, yeah, what the fuck? You want me to stay the same. Yeah, we all fucking change.
Speaker 2: And if you're not changing, that's actually more embarrassing in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I was still acting like a fucking I mean, I still, like I do, act like a seventeen year old sometimes.
Speaker 3: Oh in my mind, I'm twenty three the rest of my life. Like, sorry, it's good to change, but yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Is good to change, and I think that growth is. This is why I've said I can never like cancel someone for something that they did ten fifteen years ago. That's never going to slide for me. I'm like, I'll cancel you for your behavior today or yesterday or you know when you should have known better. But like, ten fifteen years ago, come on, we were all doing stuff that was not right. I mean, some of us weren't doing really really intense things. I know I'm safe from a lot of stuff because I never did a lot of that sort of stuff. But you know, there are some things that I did ten fifteen years ago that'd probably get me canceled.
Speaker 3: And thank god.
Speaker 2: Remember in the other episode, you were saying, how good is it that everyone's got their cameras out filming everything that happens well, maybe sometimes I'm glad there weren't cameras back when I was in high school and things like that, because God, having to watch that back and just even the things like my haircut at the time in year seven was fucking rogue. Like, I don't want to look back on that sort of stuff. But I think it's nice of her to have written that to you.
Speaker 1: You are completely forgiven if you're listening to this episode.
Speaker 3: I just think it's funny that you literally haven't given that a second thought.
Speaker 1: No, And that's the thing. I think we say things in life. We can get caught up on them and be like, oh, fuck, like you worry about something like that. Whereas to me, girl, that was just another stupid interaction on Instagram that I mean, don't have so often now. I did the other day with that person that call me anti feminist. But it's just another interaction on social media with maybe someone that I thought was a bit silly. It's so fine, and I hope you can sleep better now and you don't have to think about it ever again, given you're forgiven.
Speaker 2: Well as long as you've rated us five stars and yeah, you know I don't all your due diligence over here.
Speaker 1: Then you're forgiven.
Speaker 3: Then you're forgiven.
Speaker 2: You'll have to comment on every photo of Brittany's for the rest of her life. Make sure you like share your story by at least ten thousand dollars worth of fake clothing a year.
Speaker 1: Then you'll be forgiven.
Speaker 3: Then you'll be forgiven.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, anyway, I think it's time for us to wrap this shit up and go back to our fabulous, fabulous Friday.
Speaker 3: What have you got on for the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: Just driving back to Newie as usual?
Speaker 3: You know, you know I want to cample with you.
Speaker 1: I know that would be so much more fun, I reckon by the time we got here, we'd be like hyped even more.
Speaker 2: No, Also, you still haven't brought the fatemobile down, so what can can you just give us a quick one minute update on the fate Ma bill because you were like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Gonna have it. We're gonna do all these fabulous things. We're gonna be a regular free product.
Speaker 1: Fucking busy. It's at the warehouse, it lives there, but we are organizing soon one Saturday, AJ and I want to do like a Saturday morning local delivery so anyone that ordered the night before and they live like within a certain like proximity in Newcastle, and we're gonna make a piece of content out of it. We're gonna like take the fatemobile around hand, deliver things to people's doors, maybe give out some like goodies or little bun just the flowers or something nice. I thought, that's a little cute thing that we can do. But in business, we just have all these ideas and fucking not enough time in the day to get them done. Even though we're doing a lot of things already. It's just never ending.
Speaker 3: It's stunning. Yeah, there's a little Fat and Bill update. All right, Well, I am gonna love you and leave you closing words? Please, what do you want to say?
Speaker 1: See you next week, see you next Tuesday, see you next.
Speaker 3: Tuesday, next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: We didn't start saying that at the end of every close friend. See you next Tuesday, your bunch, see you next Tuesday.