Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Morrow.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. Here's what's coming up tonight. Bondie beached. Trump fires his attorney general. I'm going to bring you the what, where and why very shortly, plus disorder in the court. You're not going to believe the gobsmackingly dumb reason one justice had for granting birthright citizenship, and America is going back to the moon. About time. I say, but first, what is going on with the war and Iran? Well, I thought we should take a bit of a look at it and Donald Trump's big address to the American people and the world this week. Now, the aim of this speech was to give Americans both a status update and a justification for the war effort, which has gone on for more than a month now, and indeed it has been militarily a hell of a success.
Speaker 3: We are systematically dismantling the regime's ability to threaten America or project power outside of their borders. That means eliminating Iran's navy, which is now absolutely destroyed.
Speaker 2: Trump also laid out the long historical justification for this conflict. The fact of the matter is, and Trump is completely right here Iran had it coming.
Speaker 3: This fanacular regime has been chanting death to America, death to Israel for forty seven years. Their proxies were behind the murder of two hundred and forty one Americans and the Marine barracks bombing in Beirut, the slaughter of hundreds of our service members with roadside bombs, and this.
Speaker 2: Bit here too. This was very important. So much of the reason why Iran has been so awful lately. Trump made the point that this is because of Barack Obama's Iran Deal, which saw literal paletts of cash flown to the Malahs.
Speaker 3: Obama gave them one point seven billion dollars in cash, green green cash, took it out of banks from Virginia, DC, and Maryland, all the cash they had, flew it by airplanes in an attempt to buy their respect and loyalty.
Speaker 4: But it didn't work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let's never forget what an absolute disaster that Obama foreign policy was. But then things started to get a bit confused because Trump also said this.
Speaker 3: We're going to hit them extremely hard over the next two to three weeks. We're going to bring them back to the Stone Ages where they belong. In the meantime discussions are ongoing. Regime change was not our goal. We never said regime change, but regime change has occurred.
Speaker 2: So here's where I get a little bit confused. On the one hand, America has achieved all its goals, achieved regime change, but the bombing's gonna continue. Look, I'll be really honest with you. If you watch this show, you know we've got a lot of time here for Donald Trump. And if you know me, well, you know that the disaster of the Iranian Revolution is something that I have been wanting to see reversed since I was literally a little kid when I watched American diplomats be paraded by Sheite Muslim thugs who'd seized the embassy in Tehran back in nineteen seventy nine. But I think ultimately Trump left a lot of us with this speech with a few more questions and answers. For one thing, if the objectives have been met, then why does there need to be a deal backed up with the threat of bombing Iran back to the Stone Age? Though I would argue for the people in charge of Iran, the Mullas and Iatolas, at least mentally well when it comes to the Stone Age, They're already there. And as far as fixing the whole problem with the oil coming out of the strain of Horror Moves, Trump told other nations that the strain of Horror Moves now wasn't America's problem.
Speaker 3: So to those countries that can't get fuel, many of which refuse to get involved in the decapitation.
Speaker 4: Of our end, we had to do it ourselves. I have a suggestion.
Speaker 3: Number one, by oil from the United States of America.
Speaker 5: We have plenty, We have so much. And number two, build up some delayed courage. Should have done it before, should have done it with us as we asked. Go to the Strait and just take it, protect it, use it for yourselves.
Speaker 2: Take it. But with what I mean I guess to ask the question, though, is to answer it. European nations, including once great seafaring people like the British and the French, have let their navies run to seed and have no no capacity, no capability to protect power even if they did. There's another problem, and that is that the borders of the Islamic world now squarely sit within their territories, and weak Western leaders like Keir Starmer and Emanuel mccrun don't dare offend their growing populations of Muslim voters by taking action against Iran, particularly not with the Great Satan Donald Trump. So yeah, all right, Look, we've got a dead Ayatola and a new one, this fellow bush Taba, who sounds like an HR Department's ultimate fantasy by the way I mean think about it. He's gay, Muslim, a person of color, and missing at least one leg. And we've also got Iran, we are told, unable to achieve its nuclear ambitions, which is unreservedly good. These are all good things, but we've now got the practical problem of a major strategic chow point, choke point left in the hands of the Mullahs. Look, I get Trump's point. European nations have been free riding for so long on American defense, ever since the end of World War Two, and they won't even let the US use their bases for missions against Iran. And yeah, the Europeans need a bit of a lesson here. And what's more, this bay also who knows all of this may be a big bluff before US briins go into Iran, take carg Island and finally choke the Iranian regimes economic lifeline once and for all now I hope so, and not just because I drive up thirsty V eight. Sorry, Greta, Okay, now, just quickly, I wanted to bring you a shocking story out of Providence for Rhode Island that I think pretty much sums up where the American left now sits on the politics of race, crime and free speech. I remember this woman, twenty three year old Ukrainian refugee, Irena Zaruska, brutally stabbed to death last year in Charlotte, North Carolina, as she made her way home from work, allegedly by this man to Carlos Brown Junior, a career criminal and diagnosed schizophrenic. Well in Providence, Rhode Island, local muralist Ian Gudreau decided that he wanted to memorialize Irena and her tragic death. That's the half finished mura that he drew there. But guess what this guy, Providence mayor and Democrats Brett Smiley said, No way to the mural. Take it down, he said, and you'll love the reason why. He said. It's just too divisive, which courses code for. This was a black on white crime that became a flashpoint for discussions about failed criminal justice policies and Smiley. The mayor was joined in this by Democrat Congressman David Morales.
Speaker 6: This mural behind us does not reflect Providence's values, nor does it reflect the creativity that we want to see in our stay.
Speaker 4: Ultimately, we want to.
Speaker 6: Make sure that every community member that calls Providence home feels safe.
Speaker 2: Wait, what you know, Teya? You know who didn't feel safe? Irena. Again, here's what's happening. The Democrats are just mad because this because Trump champion IRENA's case at the State of the Union. But it is worth noting that Providence has had no trouble celebrating other, yes divisive cases. Remember George Floyd who died in an encounter with Minneapolis police. When it later came out he had a massive amount of fentanyl and meth in his system that prompted riots and looting across the country, including in Providence Rhode Island, which makes Floyd I think a pre divisive figure in my book. But what did Providence do during all of that, Well, they used their own taxpayer funds to pay to great Big Black Lives Matter mural literally on their streets. Now, the difference of courses at the BLM riots of twenty twenty were all about a coordinated push to cost Donald Trump his reelection, and so promoting the BLM slogan was all about helping that narrative. But IRENA's case was taken up by Trump, and therefore, no matter how sad or wrong or tragic or death might have been, or the issues highlighting it highlights being so important, she has to be sent down the memory hole by the same people who glorified George Floyd. Well for all the breaking news, let's bring in our first guest, former White House Chief of Staff and senior advisor of Bondi Partners, Mick Malveigh. Mick, Welcome to the program. Happy Easter. A few days early, I wanted to talk about the big news here that President Trump has fired his Attorney General, Pam Bondy. Now, of course Pam Bondy has been controversial about the release of the Epstein files, but she's also had a lot of success prosecuting the White House's case in veryous appellate courts against the anti Trump Lawfair Mick, what's the latest, Who's going to replace her? And why do we reckon that she got the pink slip.
Speaker 4: Last question. First, there's a lot of discussion here tonight.
Speaker 1: James.
Speaker 4: By the way, it's great to see you. Happ Easter to you as well.
Speaker 7: That Trump really didn't like the way she had handled the Eric Swalwell matter. That there were some rumors unsubstantiated, but that's how Washington works sometimes.
Speaker 4: That Attorney General.
Speaker 7: Bondi had given Swalwell heads up on the investigation into his spy girlfriend.
Speaker 4: True or not.
Speaker 7: Sometimes perception is reality, and and apparently that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Todd Blanche, Donald Trump's personal lawyer and an assistant Attorney General, will take over on an acting basis for a temporary period of time. There's a lot of discussions whether or not Lee Zelden, another former colleague of mine, former House member from New York, currently the EPA Administrator, the Environmental Protection Agency Administrator, is on a short list.
Speaker 4: Apparently for the replacement.
Speaker 7: But I've got to ask James, you know, just out loud in the Republicans circles, Ken Paxton is running for Senate as a Republican against John Cornyn in Texas, and I got to tell you, Ken Paxton is the sitting Attorney General in Texas.
Speaker 4: Moving Ken Paxton.
Speaker 7: To the Attorney General's office in Washington solves a lot of GOP problems.
Speaker 2: That's a very interesting one there, Ken, Paston, you heard it here. First. Let's see how that one plays out. But you mentioned Eric Swalwell, and I want to talk a little bit about this too, because there has been a lot of controrascy around this guy. And one of the things I found fascinating this week is that, you know, when it came to those Epstein files, he was a massive vocal advocate for the need to release the Epstein files in full. Oh, we've got to get them out there. We got a you know, full transparency. Who's in there, what's in there? But now this week his attorneys have said a cease and desist letter to FBI Director Cash Pttel, who was, as you suggested, preparing to release files relating to his purported ties to a suspected Chinese intelligence operative, i e. His girlfriend Fang Fang. Tell us about this and this hypocrisy around privacy. I mean, suddenly now we're clutching our pearls over investigations.
Speaker 7: Yeah, James, it's hard to know to start with Swallowell again, another former colleague of mine in the House. By the way, you needed to add a suffix to your introduction of Eric when you said he was a proponent of releasing the full files, a strong advocate for reaching the full files. He's been a strong advocate since Donald Trump has been president, advocating for any of these files to come out. During the Biden administration. Keep in mind, Biden had these files for four years, so you have to ask yourself what the motivation is there. But yeah, if you're asking me if there's a chance that politicians in Washington, DC are hypocritical when it comes to their own behavior, the answer is yes. But look, I know a lot of Republicans and some Democrats who have been concerned about this alleged girlfriend for a long time. She was in his office I think at the time, and I will stand corrected if I'm not right about it.
Speaker 4: I think he was on the Intelligence Committee at the time.
Speaker 2: I believe it was.
Speaker 1: He.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you know, this is the type of thing that gets members of both parties interested and concerned. So hopefully that investigation will continue, and if he's innocent, that's great. Everybody's innocent until proven guilty. But if there's something there, I think we need to know about that just as much as we need to know about the Epstein files.
Speaker 2: So are we going to start to see some swallowl files come out? I mean, this was potentially the thing that caused Trump to get off side with Pam BONDI. Are we going to start to see more substantive allegations or evidence around what he's alleged to have possibly done with this alleged spy.
Speaker 7: And to be clear that the rumors about Bondi giving Swallow the heads up are just that they're not substantiated. I've not seen anything that really has any credibility. But if your question is should we expect to see some Swallwhell files coming out?
Speaker 4: The answer is yes. I think you would have seen them under PANM. Bondi.
Speaker 7: You'll absolutely see them under Todd Blanche or anybody else who comes into the Attorney General's office. And again, it's the type of thing that even in hyper parts in Washington, d C. There will be some Bi Parson interest in this because we just can't have spies, alleged spies working in congressional offices.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I think that. I think both sides of politics really should agree on that, but you know, parts of ithip is such a tricky thing these days.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 2: Also, while talking about the Department of Publand Security, there has finally been a deal to move ahead to reopen the Department of Hubland Security. We saw the TSA agents helped out by ICE agentscy the other day. But here's the interesting thing here. To me, it seems like Trump may have had a bit of a win here because the money is coming back to the agency, but there's not the restrictions on ICE and border patrol that the Democrats had called for. So chalk this one up for the White House.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the trade off was that there were none of the Democrat demands got passed into law. That being said, there was no funding for ICE, But as you and I have talked about before, there didn't need to be any funding for ICE, that's the Immigrations and custom enforcement because that funding came through a different avenue than one big beautiful bill. Now, the Republicans didn't originally want to sort of send the signal that they would cut ICE out of this new funding, but at the end of the day, everybody was frightened by the pictures you are just seeing, which was the tremendously long lines, And there were real concerns, James, about major airports in this country closing. You can imagine the effect that has on the economy. Plus, the Department of Homeland Security seems like the type of agency you might want to have fully funded during a war with Iran. All of that being said that the Republicans now are talking about funding ICE through a different mechanism, reconciliation, which you and I talked about previously, which doesn't require sixty votes in the Senate. And there's some discussion now about in the next couple of weeks taking up a separate reconciliation bill to fund IO.
Speaker 4: This story's not over yet.
Speaker 2: And finally, Mick, I just want to talk about Donald Trump's big address to the nation over the Iran war, the prosecution of that so far. Want to get your reaction generally to the speech, what she thought about how that went and how this war is going, and particularly about his talk about questioning the future of the US in NATO. Have a look at this.
Speaker 5: We didn't need them here either, To be honest, I was really asking because I wanted to see what they do. We didn't need it. We blasted the hell out of them out of their end, and the last thing I needed was NATO stepping in our way because they're not They're a paper.
Speaker 2: Tiger, mik. It's fascinating to me because on the one hand, I feel like Trump has a great deal of affection for Europe and the West. On the other, I feel like he really doesn't like a lot of the organizations that are associated with it, particularly NATO, which he's always said is a free riding operation. What do you do you make of the speech overall and this thread around NATO.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought it was a good speech.
Speaker 7: I thought it would have been a better speech thirty or thirty five days ago, at the outset of the war.
Speaker 4: But that's water under them.
Speaker 7: So but let's talk about that European relationship. Look, he's angry, and I got to tell you he's not the only one. I'm angry. I understand if the French and the Brits and the Italians come to us and say, look, we don't want to commit troops for XYZ. You didn't ask us about it beforehand, We're not prepared to do it, et cetera. But that's not what they're doing. At least that's not all they're doing here. They have denied American overflights and denied American refueling at American bases in their territory. That's a slap in the face, James. It really really is to fly from the UK to Iran, which some of our soldiers are doing right now. It's a lot easier and a lot safer if you go over France and or Italy.
Speaker 4: But they weren't allowing them on a couple of occasions. That's wrong.
Speaker 7: You don't do that to friends. I get the part about not committing troops. I get the part about being upset about not being consulted. That's all reasonable. But your closest ally in the whole country and the whole world says, look, can you at least let us fly over your nation on the way to Iran. The ANSWER's got to be yes. And if it's not, that speaks to something much deeper than I think exists. This is not from the Americans to the Europeans. This is the Europeans to the Americans. I think they just really hate Donald Trump and it's manifesting itself in these terrible decisions. As far as the long term status of the alliance goes.
Speaker 2: And Nick, there's a long history of that. Of course, we all remember Robald Reagan having his over flights to Bob Olivia tonight, I think in nineteen eighty four for memory, Mick, thanks so much for your time, appreciating Happy.
Speaker 4: Eastern Thanks James.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, there's a lot going on in the courts this week here to talk about this, so let's bring in political journalist John Fund. John a huge story out of the US this week around birthright citizenship. It started with President Trump signing an executive order stopping the US from granting citizenship automatically to children of undocumented migrants and temporary visitors. Now, the administration argues that it's necessary in order to curb illegal migration, but opponents argue it would change more than a century of precedent. And this has been argued now in the Supreme Court, where there was a fascinating argument for one Justice Justice Katanji Brown Jackson, who argued that illegal aliens have birthright citizenship by saying that if she stole someone's wallet in Japan, well she might somehow, I don't know, try it make sense of.
Speaker 8: This clip, I was thinking, you know, I'm ius citizen and visiting Japan. You know, if I steal someone's wallet in Japan, the Japanese authorities can arrest me and prosecute me. Even though I'm a temporary traveler, I'm just on vacation in Japan. I'm still locally owing allegiance in that sense. Is that the right way to think about it? And if so, doesn't that explain why both temporary residents and undocumented people would have that kind of quote unquote allegiance just by virtue of being in the United.
Speaker 2: States, John, make this make sense to me? If I go to a foreign country and commit a crime, I get a vote.
Speaker 9: Well, I think if the judge had been a travel agent, it would have been an interesting conversation about what your rights and responsibilities are to the local laws. But as a judge, it makes absolutely no sense. Look, I'm apparently glad that the judges lost your wallet, but it's clear that she's lost her mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is quite it's quite extraordinary that. But John, tell us more about where this all winds up going with this birthright citizenship case, because they're saying that this is just simply pretindent, it can't change. Do you think there's any chance as Supreme Court will give Trump a win on this or is birthright citizenship something that the US is just stuck with.
Speaker 9: Well, let's say that the Court, if it were going to vote for Donald Trump, the odds might have been a little bit better if Donald Trump didn't call them all those names. You know, talk about spread. You know, honey gets you more than vinegar. The problem here is this. Obviously, if the American people voted on this issue a national referendum, they would say worthright citizenship is outmoded in an era of jet travel and people can fly into this country, give birth and their child is automatic citizen. However, there is one hundred years of precedent, and I have to say the Solicitor General, who is the top Trump lawyer from the Justice Department who arguet this case, got tripped up a couple of times. Justice Mesitch, for example, said, Okay, you know you say that people who aren't automatically born here aren't citizens. Well what about Native Americans? And he was flummixed. He didn't have an answer. That was a bad look. In addition, the Solicitor General said to Justice Chief Justice Roberts said, you know, this is a brave new world.
Speaker 1: This is a completely new world.
Speaker 9: You know, the entire world is just one plane flight away from coming in and establishing you know, permanent residents and citizenship for people born here. And the Justice looked down in them and said, you're right, it's a new world, but it's the same old constitution we've always had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's an interesting one. Well, I think we're gonna probably not see a win for Trump on that. It doesn't sound like, but half its other interesting case this week that do show how this whole sort of continuing fight around the law and the president's interpretations versus others goes. There was another ruling that said that Trump was unable to terminate the residency of about a million migrants who came in through an app that the Biden administration gave them. And they said, well, no, no, no, you can't take it away. They already got it. But explain this to me how Joe Biden or his administration can say, oh, well, we're going to change the rules so you can use an app to become a resident of the US, But then suddenly the next president has no authority to say no, no, no, that was a horrific idea. It seems like this direction runs in one direction only.
Speaker 9: Called the ratchet. It always leads to more government control and less civil order.
Speaker 1: Look. I searched through some law.
Speaker 9: Books before I came on your show tonight, and I looked really long and really hard, and I couldn't find the principle that if you already are on an app somehow that gives you that means possession is nine tenths of the law in making you a citizen possession of that app. I'm sorry, I just couldn't find that in the long books.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, will this one then wind up going following the pattern that we've seen? You know, it gets settled in one way against Trump by an activist judge, and then eventually this one also winds up having to make it sway up to the Supreme Court. Is that what happens to this one?
Speaker 1: Rinse shampoo, repeat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, John, also want to talk about another case. I mean, this just shows how nuts some of these judges are. They seem to just want to make a headline, frankly, because they've now had a federal judge halt construction on the White House Ballroom project. US District Judge Richard Leon said no statute comes close to granting Trump the authority to claim he has to execute the four hundred million dollar project, barring at He's barred constructions can coining until Congress authorizes the completion. I thought Trump had a fun reaction to this here, but.
Speaker 5: Basically he's saying I need congressional approval, and he's so wrong. This is being financed privately. It's a donation that's being given by companies, very rich companies, very rich people, so that for one hundred and fifty years they've wanted a ballroom here. We're going to have the finest form, I believe anywhere in the world.
Speaker 2: I mean, it has always struck me odd John that state dinners and massive events have to be held on the lawn under tents. They do need some sort of function space. But what's the plan here? A judge just says, oh, no, no, no, you're just going to have a big unfinished hole in the ground because we don't like Trump.
Speaker 9: Well, the principle here is very simple. The White House sits on land that is occupied by the executive branch of the government. The executive branch of the government in our divided powers system is supposed to control its executive branch. Now, what would Congress feel like if, for example, they decided to renovate the US capital and Donald Trump sent over an order saying, no, I'm President of United States, you can't renovate it. What if the Supreme Court wanted to remodel its offices and Donald Trump said, well, I'm President United States, you can't remodel your offices. It would be preposterous. Everyone would be outraged. Look, the White House has evolved over.
Speaker 1: Many, many years. It has changed Teddy Roosevelt completely rediditary, gouded.
Speaker 9: It, and just today, just a couple of hours ago, the National Capital Planning Commission, which is in charge of all of these changes on monuments and other things in Washington, rule that Trump had the power to go forward. In fact, the chairman said, many might wish for history in the world to stand still, but the White House complex has constantly evolved and meet the needs of the federal government. This ballroom will be considered every bit as an echine national treasure as the other key opponents of the White House, and I think in five ten years after this is built, this will be a complete non issue, becase, because I've looked at the ballroom it looks beautiful. Now the plans for the new Trump Library in Miami, which is luckily is privately financed as well, that seems to me a little bit too much of the Gilded Age.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, and perhaps so, of course, the Obama Library has been too much of the brutallest age. John Fun, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I know Obama Library looks like a prison, it does.
Speaker 2: It looks it looks like some place where they burn books rather than store them. John Fun, thank you so much for your time. As always, Now stick around. We gonna have a lot more on the show here. And you know how there used to be a show called Kids Say the Darnedest Thing. And you know the show was all about video clips of youngsters doing silly stuff. Well, guess what I reckon we could take that title and repurpose it for all the clips we're seeing of young people out there at those no Kings marches against Trump like you know this, I'm not sure, fella, do you hate Trump? You seem young?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 11: I hate Trump because well, he's doing everything. He's making it a crime to be trans He's immigrant. He's deporting people who are like legal immigrants, and he supporting people who an't eve immigant people are born here. He's just doing all these horrible, horrible things, and he doesn't even like he's a nine climate chrings exist. And then he's starting the world. How's he making it a crime to be trans? I've heard that in an article and from some of my friends, but I don't know if that's true or not. But I wouldn't put it past him. Are you trans?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, I am not. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I think there's still trans people.
Speaker 2: I saw a few in them all.
Speaker 11: I am pand sexual though, okay, yeah, yeah, And what does that mean? It means that I don't really mind gender at all. If I like someone, I.
Speaker 2: Like them pan sexually. You say, well, maybe we'll catch this one on only pans get it anyway? All right, I'll get my coat, but you don't go anywhere. Adam B. Cooleba is back after the break. Welcome back to the program. So much to talk about, with elections coming up in no and then talking about this and a whole lot more, Let's bring my good friend author Adam B. Coleman. Adam, Welcome to the program. It is already starting to be election season in the US, and already there's concern about integrity. To over in Palm Beach, Florida home tomorrow, Lago an election count supervisors apparently facing felony charges after he stole allegedly an encrypted USB process key. Now the fellow is seen on surveillance taking the device from a voter registration kiosk and putting this in his pocket. Officials said it could have been tampered with for all sorts of reasons, and now this ties into Trump signing a broader executive order cracking down on mail in voting. Adam, tell us all about this is election integrity. I've always been told never worried about an American elections and privilege secure. Is there a concern here?
Speaker 12: There should always be a concern when it comes to our elections. That's what the whole save actor is. It's about the integrity of our elections. Granted, this is talking about a poll worker, but we should care about who we're allowing to actually go to the polls just to vote in the first place. So, yeah, election integrity is something that we should tremendously care about, and it's actually something that both parties pretend to care.
Speaker 1: About when they're not in power.
Speaker 12: So I've seen this for many many years.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I mean we have seen this for many, many years. But one of the things that I find really remarkable here is that the Democrats are so resistant to things that you know, eighty ninety percent of Americans seem to think it's perfectly normal. I mean, a lot of states do require voter I d are they saying that those states that do require they shouldn't even have to require you to show your driver's license. It seems absolutely absurd, and it leads me to believe that they only have this some sort of nefarious purpose in mind here.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I tend to not be the person that goes automatically to the various means, But the only thing that makes sense to me is that they understand potentially having illegal immigrants voting is a benefit to them, and even if they're not voting, this was one of the reasons why they're going after illegal immigration.
Speaker 1: In the first place.
Speaker 12: Having them just be there asset of census gives them more electoral power. And we already know that Democrats control most of the major cities in America, So the entire thing is about election integrity, even before the election even starts.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a fantastic point, Adam, and I think people here might not realize it, but that when you are in the country, no matter whether you're there on a green card, you're a citizen as a tourist, or you're there illegally, you count for the census and that's what determines electoral votes. That is hugely important and people need to get that. But we're getting into now the midterm season. More broadly, Adam, what is your sense of how the midterms are going to play out for the Republics. Because Trump's got this war and Iran, You've got some oil price shocks, although of course not as great in Australia because hey, you guys are smart enough to drill your own oil. But how is this going to roll for the Republicans? Trump, I think wants to take a very leading role in the campaign. Is that a smart idea?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 12: Despite everything that's going on, Trump is still seen favorably. What I would say is, I'm not too optimistic though when it comes to the Republican field. There are still problems when it comes to Trump and voters translate whatever is happening in the presidency for the party that's in power, they translate it into the people that are going to potentially vote for whether there's excitement there or whether there's rage against the current political party in power to go against them in the in the polls. So I think this is going to come down to the economy is going to come down to the war and how it's progressed. Well, if it's over by the time the election actually comes about, a lot can happen between now in the midterms. So you know, we'd like to think that right now, that's it, it's over, But in two weeks we'll be talking about something else, completely different, and the vibe can absolutely shift.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, two weeks is a long time in politics, as they say. But I also want to talk to you, Adam, about something else that I just think is insane. You know, we saw that Minnesota fraud around Medicare and welfare earlier in the year. But this story out of California that has broken City Journal, a great publication. Chris Ruffo has written an amazing expose. Apparently California lost as much as one hundred and eighty billion dollars to fraud, including through its medical program, every single year. This despite the state, or maybe because, the state collects some of the country's highest income taxes, business taxes, fueld taxes, and spends more than three hundred billion dollars a year. Putting aside what this means for Gavin Newsom, I'm really starting to get the sense, Adam, that there's a whole, huge shadow economy in the US. It's just based on government corruption and particularly allowing favored client groups to loot the treasury in exchange for votes. Am I being too cynical here?
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 12: As a matter of fact, when I saw those numbers, I thought that's it.
Speaker 1: Like I thought it was going to.
Speaker 12: Be more than that, because I've accepted that California is not one of is the most corrupt state within our country. Nothing about California makes sense if you go by sector by sector, the amount of money they'd taken for taxes, the lack of accountability for all the money that is generated there. Right, they love to talk about how what are they like the fifth largest economy and blah blah blah blah, But what are they actually doing with the tax base? Why are people leaving. If everything is just so hunky dory in California, and it's because everyone knows, it's an open secret that that tax money that is going to the state goes to absolutely nothing of you, absolutely nothing. And so where is that money actually going is going into the pockets of contractors, is going to the pockets of friends of politicians, into the pockets of politicians in general, city officials who get paid two hundred thousand dollars to do what exactly nothing we solve with the la fires. How much money these people are making and they're completely inept. So we already know the homeless issue, how many hundreds of millions of dollars they've been spending on that, and nothing has actually changed, and nothing's gotten any better. So of course that money is going to a series of complexes, and they don't want the fraud to stop because then we'll actually discover who the puppeteers have been.
Speaker 2: So, if you've got basically the situation where Gavin Newsom, the governor of California, is sitting atop this empire of fraudulent contracts and everything else, what does that say about his rates for the presidency.
Speaker 12: Well, I think this really just depends on how much people who don't live in California learn about Avenuwsom, like truly learn about Avenuesom. Not that he's a guy who can show up a nice smile and tell a joker to once in a while, but I'm talking about how does he actually govern?
Speaker 1: So whoever he's going to also.
Speaker 12: Be run up against, that's going to be the top thing that they're going to have to show what is California actually done for itself since he's been in power. And if every time they turn around there's a new fraud scandal that they're uncovering within California, that's not going to help him from a pr standpoint.
Speaker 2: And finally, Adam, I all hated to get your thoughts on what I thought was an absoutely historical moment this week. Have a look, and here we go.
Speaker 6: Four three two one booster ignition and lift off the crew of Artemis two, now bound for the.
Speaker 7: Moon, three miles in altitude, traveling more than twelve hundred.
Speaker 1: Miles per hour.
Speaker 2: Adam, I thought this was great, the Artemist mission launching to go. Have another look at the mood. It's the furthest men have been away from the planet since I think before either of us were born. Your thoughts on this and this there's a reels of optimism around this.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 12: It's hard to it's hard to put into words as to why. But there's something about space exploration, especially in the United States, that actually becomes like a unifying factor. But I'm glad that we're actually doing stuff like this again. And also I'm glad we're sticking it to China. Sorry, that's just my viewpoint, but I think that there's something about thank you. I do think that there is something great about actually continuing space space exploration. And also, you know, there's a lot to be had as far as advancement and technology things in that nature. So there's a ton of benefits that will come from going back into space.
Speaker 2: I just I agree with the addam, thank you so much. And yeah, this is just a good, inspiring, positive moment. Hopefully people can get around that altogether. Adam being cold, Thank its much for your time. Really appreciate it. Now stick around because after the break, the Great Alex Stein is going to join me to tell us why you soon won't be able to call a woman good looking in New York crazy, I know, but first, hey, we're just talking about space. Well, here's another case of people taking all the wrong lessons from America's new moonshot.
Speaker 13: They are going for all humanity this time. You know, Apollo was all white men and this time it's not. And I think that really speaks volumes for the journey that NASA has been on. And this is a much more representative crew.
Speaker 2: Just for the record, that was Sky News UK, not US. Anyway, I think that guy brings a whole new meaning to the phrase space Race, Don't go away. Alex Stein's with us after the breaking back to the program. Well, I'm absolutely thrilled to bring in my next guest, good friend of the program and good friend of mine, the great comedian Alex Stein. Alex, Welcome to the US Report. I'm want to start with a story out of Florida that's raised a few hackles in lefty land. Apparently two major landmarks bringing Donald Trump's name are going to be out there. Palm Beach Airport particularly is going to be renamed Donald Trump Airport or I guess DJT. But people are upset about this, and yet I fly to JFK all the time, You've got Ronald Reagan Airport in Washington, d C. The FBR Drive in New York. Why are people so upset about this?
Speaker 10: Well, you know, if they're upset about this, just wait till he is the fifth president on Mount Rushmore. They're going to lose their mind. So I honestly like it.
Speaker 6: I mean, these airports, you can't ever hardly remember their airport code PBI, and I'm putting in the wrong place and I'm flying it the wrong place.
Speaker 10: So I like it. Donald J.
Speaker 6: Trump, to me, the guy is well, forget about even him being a president. He's one of the biggest celebrities in the world. So I love it, and it makes it easier to remember. So I think this is actually very beneficial for society even and if it pisses off the left, good, I kind of want to make them mad.
Speaker 2: But why is it, Alex that the left always seems to fall into this trap of getting all outraged and stuff about things that are perfectly normal. This has been going on for over a decade now. Don't they see what they're doing to themselves?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 6: But I mean you saw what happened with this No Kings protest. I mean, these people are just disconnected with reality. We haven't had a king in two hundred and fifty years here in America and they're protesting it, so they're just disconnected with reality.
Speaker 10: There are a lot of them are on.
Speaker 6: All kinds of pharmaceutical drugs, so their judgment is way off. So really, at the end of the day, like I said, if they're getting triggered from it, that's really their problem.
Speaker 10: And it's the airport code DJT that.
Speaker 6: People are going to be able to easily remember. So that that's what we need to do, is we need to make travel better now. I hope it actually encourages Donald Trump, which he did say that he's going to pay the TSA agents.
Speaker 10: I hope that we get a lot of this airport security change.
Speaker 6: I wish they would actually use private security because every time I go through there, I set off the thing and the next thing, you know, I'm basically getting, you know.
Speaker 10: Sexually abused by a TSA agent.
Speaker 6: And that's me being very friendly with describing my situation sometimes going through the TSA.
Speaker 10: So I love it.
Speaker 6: I want Donald Trump to be more involved when it comes to our air travel.
Speaker 2: I'd love to see him be more involved. But I think you're absolutely right. I said on this program just last week, the best thing Donald Trump could do would be to eliminate the TSA, send it back to private security. It actually works great here in Australia and you don't have all the riga roll with your shoes and the pat downs and everything else. But hey, I want to move then up from Palm Beach to New York City. And I don't know quite how to approach the story because it's like, you know, Alex, you're a good looking guy. But if I called you and said, hey, Alex, you're so good looking in New York City, I could be in trolled because Mayor's ziorn mom Donnie. There's nothing else to spend their money on. Apparently they're rolling out a two one hundred and fifty thousand dollars ad campaign in the subways and construction sites and all sorts of things to crack down on cat calling. And it'll see posters like these ads in English and Spanish across one hundred and fifty locations. Alex, the last time I checked, the old hometown was going broke. Why are they doing this?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, this is especially egregious in my opinion, because I'm famous for cat calling AOC. I mean, I wouldn't even be the pampon at WIMP. I wouldn't be sitting here on your program if it wasn't for cat calling. And you know, there's something about going to New York and being a pretty lady and getting cat called by a construction worker that helped your confidence. So as long as these people aren't saying something disgusting to these women, complimenting a woman should not be a crime. But that's the problem in New York City is they're more worried about doing these unnecessary rules instead of actually helping the citizens of New York. You know, you see mom, Donnie's going into their you know, emergency fund to pay the bills for you know, all of the free subway.
Speaker 10: Rides that he didn't give us that he promised.
Speaker 6: So if you look at the mismanagement of New York, arguably the greatest city on earth, it's gone in a horrible direction where an a legal immigrant gets more rights and better accommodations, like a free hotel in Midtown Manhattan. When I go there, I got to piny only four hundred bucks to stay at the Holiday Inn. So there are some serious problems that are not being addressed in New York City, and they address these unnecessary problems that aren't even a big deal in order to distract us so that we don't actually fix a city that was once the greatest city on Earth.
Speaker 2: Well, and it'll come back. New York always comes back. But Alex, you know, I mean, you're in Texas right now. There's a lot of talking about people coming down from Texas to avoid mom Donnie and all the high taxes. Are you starting to see any evidence of that? Yet? Our real estate agent is kind of getting in on the game.
Speaker 10: Are you kids?
Speaker 6: Everybody is in Texas or Florida? I mean that is not I mean the governor of New York was saying everybody needs to come back to New York because there's no industries alive. So that is not a conspiracy. That's one hundred percent true. Because the tax rate, some people in New York City are getting taxed over fifty percent. I mean, imagine paying half of the money that you make to taxes that go to homeless people that are doing fitanyl on the street all night long and robbing the doughnut shops and pizza parlors. So anybody with half a brain or any common sense would get out of there. And now they're seeing the consequences of their actions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifty percent tax, Well try try austray yourself. Blame. My friend finally had on t I with this Trump superfan Kid Rock, who was in the news this week because he posted a video of an Apache attack helicopter hovering over his Nashville home as he saluted. Now, apparently there was a whole investigation into this which led to this reaction from the President.
Speaker 1: There was a viral video this week.
Speaker 9: I don't know if you saw army helicopters cover your kid Rocks house in Nashville.
Speaker 5: If you see that, I didn't see no, but I'm sure they had a good time.
Speaker 9: Said the cruise of these helicopters that venicususpended.
Speaker 1: What do you think of that?
Speaker 4: What depends are they? Well, they probably shouldn't have been doing it.
Speaker 5: Yes, you're not supposed to be playing games, right, But I'd take a look at it.
Speaker 4: They like Kid Rock, I like Kid Ruck. Maybe they were trying to defend him.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It seems like he's got a bit more of a sense of humor than some of the Pentagon Brass.
Speaker 10: Oh, exactly right.
Speaker 6: I mean, Donald Trump is the world's greatest comedian. Nobody is funnier than Donald Trump. And let's be real, those those soldiers Kid Rock, there's a bunch of wild parties. They're probably trying to see, you know, some naked ladies or something. So really, I don't blame them for going over and checking out Kid Rock's parties. I would be doing the same thing if I could buy that helicopter.
Speaker 10: So you know, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: They?
Speaker 6: You know, maybe they didn't follow a proper protocol, but it's not the end of the world. And let's not you know, make a mohill a maun out of nothing.
Speaker 2: Exactly right. But Alex, as long as they didn't cat call any of those those ladies who were going to the Kid Rock party, that's the important bit. Alex s Teid. Thank you so much for your time. As always, Now stick around because Only in America is coming up after the break. But first, a hilarious scene has just emerged from the US where Democrat Representative Shomari Figurez went to a black church to make the case that Vooter Id was racist because he said black people supposedly don't have ID. So to prove his point, he asked the congregation to put their hands up if they didn't have any. To prove his point, the most.
Speaker 9: Common home idea that everybody has is driving us right with a different era, of a different generation. I probably feel a little bit different year about Washington.
Speaker 1: How many be you in here?
Speaker 8: Do not.
Speaker 1: Everybody else? That right? So my thoughts all a little bit.
Speaker 2: There yet, And that did not go as expected. Turns out they all did have ID. And I'm glad Hanks has a driver's license because he had to shift gears pretty quickly there. Anyway, don't go away, because Only in America is next. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for a little segment we like to call only in America. So last weekend were those big no Kings protests against Donald Trump around the US, and a lot of people had something to say about what they see as the terrible state of the world, including how absolutely homophobic it is that we are all so focused on the straits of Hormuz. I mean, what about the gaze of Hormoz?
Speaker 14: Isn't it a little bit homophobic that was so focused on the straits of hormus and not the gaze of homoses.
Speaker 11: I agree, yes for sure.
Speaker 1: Why do you.
Speaker 14: Think something to leave the gaze of homos behind?
Speaker 11: I think it's just some history historically, like you know, gays have always been very discriminated against. It just takes more reform in government obviously, and then also educating society.
Speaker 14: Just feel like, if we're gonna go and say we can leave the gay people behind, I don't think we should go and say at all, But if we're going to gays of formos, we could turn it into faire Island for sure.
Speaker 2: What about the pan sexuals of Hoboz. Thanks to get a Legend Lionel from No cap On God for that amazing interview. I don't know. I wonder if people don't really have any idea about what they're protesting. Maybe they just want to look cool. I know I'm being cynical. Okay, that's all the time we have this week. See you next time. Happy Easter, Bye bye,