Speaker 1: Welcome back to another week John's Family Podcast. Why I'm so exciting Patricia John's Jack. John's off camera today doing as we call the live cutting, because, in his words, he didn't want to listen back to us, so he decides sometimes he decides, I want a live cut because I don't have to rewatch it and cut between. Is that right, Jake?
Speaker 2: And we've got a big week this week.
Speaker 3: It's a big week. We're getting ready to head off to Magic.
Speaker 4: Round exactly correctly when this.
Speaker 3: Comes out, We're off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So there's a lot happening, yes this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, up at Fanland Level seven Coins Wharf on the Leisure Decks, Saturday, twelve to two pm.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm excited about it now. I'm not as nervous as I was last week.
Speaker 1: You may have noticed we haven't introduced Matthew yet. Matthew, he's been off us all week. Those people that watch Matthew's Fox show may have seen the Xavier Coats prank where they got him with a snake and and the bugs. But you could see that Dad was quite anxious the whole show and when he got home and we did a little bit of a gag where we had a snake on his spot on the couch, and Matthew may have gotten quite angry at Patricia and us boys hasn't really spoken to us.
Speaker 3: Mate, you should be grateful they wanted to put it in your bed.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 3: I took them down from the bed and negotiated it down.
Speaker 4: The blood, sweat and tears of my life exists in the walls of this building. It'd be like you guys, being afar and hearing that your worst enemy, I've let your worst enemy in the house and was sitting at your on your favorite chair or something to be on TV and see a serpent crawling on my suit on the couch.
Speaker 2: Randy, But what about the snake cover?
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. Whenever I get home on Thursday night, taste a little while of one wine. So I lay there and I'll sometimes I'll go back and I'll watch the second half of the football again just to sort of recap or your show. And I couldn't lay there because the snake had been there, and I was so on edge that I had a feeling that the snake was maybe I don't know, like like I'm when I came into the house, I was like, and I've never had tourse words with any of my producers or any of the boys on the show, but he made tear. I fucking lost it.
Speaker 1: I heard you got I remember Hammi texting me. Who's in the back end of your shows? He texted me and he was quite worried about you because apparently you did have some choice words with some of the producers when they put some boxes in your car at the end of the show.
Speaker 4: So it was a tough show anyway, because I'm always looking after my show, and I said to goes, do we have to like the snake thing? I'm trying to host the show and all I'm doing is looking over my should expecting someone come here with the diamond python hanging over my neck or something like that. And then the show's over. I go downstairs and some Polukas have put like boxes in the car so that you know, I'm assuming there's a snake in the car serpent. So I thought, you know what, enough's enough, So I just marched back up there. I went up. I didn't march up there, march I've got the lift up there. I'd let the lift take me. And I got up there and mate, I'm looking for anyone fletching Heindy, And then I spotted my producer Johnny and mate Johnny's face and he I just went, Johnny, get the fuck down now and get those fucking boxes out of my fucking car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was like, and he's just context for context to the people. He would have known about it, but he would not have been the Instagram.
Speaker 4: He's like the nicest.
Speaker 3: Col Yeah, I heard Jimmy's name mentioned. Leon was a kinkin.
Speaker 4: He's the other thing. Seeing Leon laying in my position on the bed, and Leon told me that he was trying to coax you into bed and gas would be funny, and Tris knew better. I'm not getting in there. Leon's got wandering hands.
Speaker 1: Still that well, the original idea was going to be that I go over and I pulled the blanket back and Leon was in bed with the serpent. Trice said no, Trice said, only one serpent in this bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would have lost it if.
Speaker 3: That I knew. You wouldn't have You wouldn't have been able to.
Speaker 4: Sleep because when I was a kid, I used to have this phobia that there was always snakes in my bed. Yeah, pull them back, and so I was seventeen. So to me, if I'd have seen that snake in the bed, I would have had we would have to throw that bed out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you would have.
Speaker 2: She was she was lovely, Brandy. She was lovely.
Speaker 3: She actually was so delightful, wasn't she She was beautiful.
Speaker 1: She was like I was quite hesitant at the start, but like because I don't love snakes. I don't hate them, but I don't love them. But she was quite gentle and she's very friendly. She wasn't the one that they were riding about in the Old Testament, like, she was a different not that ass. No, no, no, she wouldn't have forced Adam or Eve.
Speaker 2: She wasn't hanging out apple trees that one.
Speaker 4: They're all friendly and lovely and nice to take a piece out of your arm, she objected, like that.
Speaker 3: You should have seen her with her handler, Like she kept going out to him, like almost into his neck, cuddling him. It was pretty beautiful. I was waiting for the other strippers though, like chastity destiny.
Speaker 1: That's what chest cat running that gag. Whenever the guy I would like tell about the Brandy and then she kept like he didn't hear just kept going like where's chastity destiny and like the other strippers, and no one kept laughing. Everyone just going, it's funny to you. But when you call his beautiful pet a stripper and kept there was a stripper.
Speaker 4: Name, but it skin, it would be a stripper.
Speaker 3: Well, it sheds every four months, you know, four months, he told me about it. It's quite interesting. They can see when it's going to happen. They get like a reddish tinge to their beautiful I'll just.
Speaker 4: He's a word of warning. Do you remember the Alice Cooper used.
Speaker 3: To have Brandy was used in Alice Cooper's show last year. She's just celebrity snakes.
Speaker 2: So she's a cool snake. Coler, Yeah, does that make you like her a little bit more?
Speaker 3: Bise It kind of did impress him, It.
Speaker 4: Does, doesn't around the neck of a legend. Yes, Well, I read a story in a book called What She Wants in the Back Suit, and it was a story about nineteen seventy four Alice Cooper led Zeppelin and the who go on a world tour, not altogether but simultaneously. And there's a story in it where, of course Alice Cooper always had his snake. I think it was Damien used to carry big, big python. Anyway, he's he was a big drinker in those days, it says in the book and Alice Cooper.
Speaker 3: Because he doesn't drink anymore, does he plays golf instead?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's his addiction. So he said he was laying on the bed and suddenly Damien he's used to lay next to him the bed, and he thought it was really cute. But what had happened? It was sizing him up once it actually got him when he was laying in bed and it was stunted, stric Yeah, it wrapped around him. Had the ex security in there.
Speaker 3: To cut it off or cut it off like bye bye Damien, Yeah, bye bye bye chow. Well, he did mention that Harriet, our cat, was outside because she's been relegated outside because there's been some incidents.
Speaker 1: Keeping everywhere all over the couch.
Speaker 3: Anyway, do you.
Speaker 2: Remember what the snake taman's name was? keV keV. I kept doing like weird after you mentioned that. I kept saying like weird quotes to him. He didn't get it. I kept saying things like remember all the waynes World quotes from Alice Coop I kept like slowly going up and going, well, you know, I'm a regular here in in in Milwaukee. It's certainly had its fair share of visitors. And he's like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: He must have thought you're on you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah another classic Jack.
Speaker 4: Not worthy, We're not worthy.
Speaker 3: But I mean he did mention that this brandy could eat Harriet our cat.
Speaker 2: He didn't say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I went, oh that's important, that's what.
Speaker 1: She eats she was. He was like, yeah, a good pumper cat, like he.
Speaker 2: Was saying, it takes it like two weeks to digest. Yeah, that's right, but it gets you get it done. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, correct, there's a warning for you.
Speaker 4: No one was shopping on the couch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there will be concept on says but is he come home? And then he woke me like and no use you? And then you're like, has it gone? Is it here? Is it here? I'm like, mate, as if they're going to actually leave a snake a protected sort of species? Is it with us?
Speaker 4: I say, species spies?
Speaker 3: Seriously, there is something wrong with my mouth.
Speaker 1: Your dad's been saying that for years.
Speaker 4: She's a bitter.
Speaker 3: A buyer. Is they saying wrong with my ears as well?
Speaker 1: Probably never wears her headphones.
Speaker 4: That's why have no headphones.
Speaker 1: You keep saying the headphones.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make me.
Speaker 1: I never look good in headphones.
Speaker 3: In headphones are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Well, it's always a big deal when we say we put headphones in your set. You do I have to wear these because.
Speaker 3: You always only have three? And I go, it's fine, I don't need to have them.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I love headphones. I love microphone. I like a headphone.
Speaker 1: I know you like a microphone. You're almost coming in that hot you're almost swallowing the thing.
Speaker 2: Have we got a question?
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, we do have a question to start us off. If you had to choose a drink for each of the rest of us in this room, which would have been white, trist do you want to start? This was your one?
Speaker 3: I would love this came it came off the bat of watching and ice tea came up. Wow, you know, And then I just started.
Speaker 1: Thinking he obviously wasn't named after ice Tea.
Speaker 3: Like it was more like that's his stage name though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he was he didn't have ice tea to drink in mind, because there's like ice isn't there heats or like other ice letter like ice bea.
Speaker 4: There's ice cube, ice cube.
Speaker 1: Obviously there's like some other ones though. Oh no, there's heaps a little vanilla ice, a little little like a little pump, little little wine, little Wayne, little Dicky does out there.
Speaker 2: You know what you know? I know what's Tracy Lauren Moreau Marrow or marrows real name.
Speaker 3: It's actually a much nicer name.
Speaker 2: I really like him, Tracy Laura.
Speaker 4: It's likable.
Speaker 3: Sure, Okay, So for Matthew, I chose spider Sweet Spider because you're a treat, you know, you know, the spider drinks yet creaming soda and then you put a scoop of ice cream in there. You're a treat.
Speaker 1: What was the best of What was the best soft drink you put with a spider?
Speaker 3: I reckon drink beer. Creaming soda is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Cream soda was good, I was I think I like ginger beer was very good with a bit.
Speaker 4: Of lemonade is pretty good. I've never had coke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, I'd had coconut.
Speaker 4: Lime spider, jacb lime Spider.
Speaker 3: I had a fanto one.
Speaker 2: No, I never had a lime spider.
Speaker 3: I've had Fanta.
Speaker 4: You know what talking about Fanta Fanta there and and and ginger beers. We're gonna have all meldrem soon. Remember you invented to drink the mully.
Speaker 3: Mildrem yummy it was, and ginger beer.
Speaker 4: Vodka rum fan and ginger bea that was. That was mildreams.
Speaker 2: Mate.
Speaker 3: You probably added a bit too much in there. I don't know that the responsible service of alcohols game.
Speaker 1: It's fine, well, like you were not under that you have anymore for anyone else.
Speaker 3: Of course I do Jack Butcher because you're good for you.
Speaker 2: Also, gut health. You're good for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good for people. You're good for people. Iced coffee because you're a new take on an old favourite.
Speaker 2: What sort of.
Speaker 1: Mood you in today?
Speaker 4: Can?
Speaker 3: I really thought these were really good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're good. It's just your presentation and you're yeah, yeah, what's.
Speaker 3: What's one for myself to do?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: Not an ounce, not an ounce, not even in my.
Speaker 1: Protein, an ounce of anything else.
Speaker 3: Just trying to get through to day. I gave myself Chirats, full bodied, smooth with a nice peppery undertone.
Speaker 4: Love me sure I've gone. I've given you your I've given you the Moscow mule because you're stubborn. Jack, You're I've gone dark and stormy because you can be quite moody. Cooper Dirty Martini lifestyle and extra dirty I've given myself. I have the name of drink. I think Moo John's.
Speaker 2: Manhattan John's Maybe yeah, sex on the beach, John cowboy my favorite.
Speaker 3: He's my favorite. Copsacking cowboy?
Speaker 1: Are nice of that blood into your relationship?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Jack, what's your one?
Speaker 3: Cowboy?
Speaker 2: Triciaus sex on the beach? Really? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just thought, given the fact that a former fiance was a surfer, who knows, maybe day we'll love.
Speaker 1: To sing one hundred times.
Speaker 2: Well, I actually put these through chat GBT because that's not you know what I'm like. I'll find any shortcut I can take. So it actually had as it said, trush might be vibrant and exciting. So there you go. That's for sex on the beach. Oh you know, yeah, you just asked a I've got any questions now? Matthews is old fashioned? Oh yeah, yeah, old fashioned, classy. And then Cooper John's, Well, the coffee must be the theme because Espresso Martini was labeled for Cooper John's Express.
Speaker 3: A bit high.
Speaker 2: I hate them, so do I.
Speaker 3: They make me say I hate it.
Speaker 1: I don't like coffee in general. Well, I'm growing on me now because I get up. I don't know, like if you guys, I get up real early. Yeah, because I do break I do breakfast radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wake me every morning when you shower.
Speaker 1: So four thirty every morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like coffee has become my friend. But I'm not an espresso man too. I always spew on them. Police used to buy them all the time and then make everyone scull them every time. I would spew every.
Speaker 3: Even Khalu back in the day used to make me vomit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the upper and downer.
Speaker 1: I'll drink to that serious. Okay, keeps there's an inside joke there. We're not going to go into it. Okay, Trish for you a large, A large weak almond milk flat white, because that is your also the shittest coffee order of all time. Letting the people know that's what Trish orders every day.
Speaker 3: Hang on, hang on, hang on, read it again.
Speaker 1: A large weak alma milk flat white.
Speaker 2: It's a I get embarrassed order.
Speaker 3: It's a decaf mate.
Speaker 1: Oh so it's a large, weak decaf milk flat white.
Speaker 4: Are you serious that can be a weak decaf?
Speaker 3: Yes to school night. Are you seriously because it's the taste? Do you want the weakness for the taste? I don't like because I'm like Cooper. I don't like the taste of coffee and the DCAF because I can't have caffeine. But it still does have a bit of caffeine in it. But I haven't had that in ages. I haven't had coffee for free.
Speaker 1: But it's actually the worst. And Dad always gets so embarrassed. He acts like he knows what she wants because he ordered enough times. But every single time Dad's sound at the cafe and he's ordering for he'll like look at his phone and gough, I've just got to order this for my wife, and act like he's reading it. But he knows what he's about to order. He just wants them to know it's not for him.
Speaker 4: Not for me.
Speaker 3: I always prefix it with I'm really sorry, yeah, and then say it and they go, oh, that's not the worst we've had, And I go, okay.
Speaker 1: Matthew, if you actually had especially Martini energetic, but you can only ever have about one.
Speaker 3: Or two otherwise you get me sickly, yeah, or you.
Speaker 1: Have like a heart attack job Jack, bloody Mary, because I cannot stand bluddy Mary's, especially when I'm hungover. Especially when i'm hungover, cannot stand it. And Jack, you can't stand me when I can't cop Jack when I'm hungover, really cannot copy him.
Speaker 3: Because he's like a puppy like wants to chat.
Speaker 1: He just comes into my room and he's just like standing there looking at me, and I say, you got to hit out of my face every time, and sometimes I'm so Jamee's blunt with him. I'm just like, you've got to get out of my room. And he's like, oh you're kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good for you, Jack. Thanks time. Next time you'll crook in your room and you're after attention. Guess what, mate, You're on your own next time I'm cooking.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There are the times where I don't want to see you guys.
Speaker 3: Oh really, Keeper is yeah, he is, Er is like a cat.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, I don't.
Speaker 3: Like like that. Analogy brain comes and swallows you up, so Cooper sad. He'll go in to himself. Yeah yeah like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, sure, sure sure. If you've been keeping an eye on not out John Stanley podcast, but our backstage socials. Every Thursday. Jack's come up with a brilliant idea where he bought a pack of cards and.
Speaker 3: Will he built a box of NRL cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sure, but we get the pack of cards and we will open it. Dad will blindly pick one and whoever it is, we got to put them any time, yes, Patricia, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Gee you're on FRI today.
Speaker 3: You are bloody on because you just said card naming a plan.
Speaker 2: That's so true, Cooper, you should get your words right before disappointed.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, helln we've been on. Is it too quick? Can we can we get the game?
Speaker 3: It's only seventeen minutes? Kept going?
Speaker 1: What's the minimum? Anyway? So we'll pick out a play out. We've got to put an any time. Trice on Matthew this week he picked Kyle Flanagan, who look, I wasn't hopeful for still put the bet on.
Speaker 4: Had a good feeling, did.
Speaker 1: You I get a good feeling and then came through one against it good. Didn't win the game, but scored a try.
Speaker 3: That's all we needed.
Speaker 4: Went across the line. I just punched the air.
Speaker 3: Man because you were out at the game. What what odd five dollar good?
Speaker 4: There you go sitting we were sitting or sitting just in front. It was really nice. Just after Kyle Flant again scored, I punched the air and jubilation and looked down. One of my favorite actors of all time was just sitting in front of me, Brian Brown.
Speaker 3: And here's the st George supporter.
Speaker 4: Isn't it George supporters?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Brown?
Speaker 4: I did the Brownie? How are you? I don't know you had a clue. Who was I was there, young Brownie, young good mane. It's like, oh yeah, yeah, you know. I kept doing a little I had a few on board I had to do. I kept doing little quotes from Cocktail where you know he talks to Tom Cruise.
Speaker 3: Watched some of them.
Speaker 4: What's the carr? What's Tom Cruise's character? And there I forget It was cool, but he always goes Murphy's law, my boy, there's something happened, And it was the three on two that were going to score. They blow the try the dragons, and I'd go, Murphy's law, my boy, there you go.
Speaker 1: I think I think he figured out who you were. Towards the end, though, because remember at half time we come in and was very choky, very It was good, blow fantastic, tell you what the place he was sitting some heavy hitters in there, weren't they sure? Do you remember? Do you remember who else was in there?
Speaker 4: Of course I name a couple. Anthony was he in there there?
Speaker 1: I didn't see him. That was a heavy hitter. But Andrew Abdo, Peter of Landy's Hands, Shandies was in there, yep.
Speaker 4: Luke, Rickinson, Minnie anything.
Speaker 1: John on the count Mark and I was in there. Yeah, frien of the podcast, Yes, that's about it, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mini's wife of course. R Terry Bana.
Speaker 2: Yes, you've always want to pick those names up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was exciting, it was. It was just good to beat Dad was Let me tell you, I did that joke with Andrew again. He didn't get it, which one Ga, how are you hello, Andrew? It's great to see you.
Speaker 1: He kept impersonating Andrew to Andrew and he I don't know whether he knew that Dad had done the prank before or what I imagined. Probably not, I reckon somebody would have showed him before.
Speaker 3: It's probably a busy man.
Speaker 2: But we've always talked.
Speaker 1: About on the potty and Dad spoke Campbell Graham spoke about on your show as well on the Sunday nights. So I imagine somebody's tipped him up and said, Matthew Johnson impersonating you and prank calling players.
Speaker 4: Hello, Andrew, how are you? He goes, I see you're working when you're statut for an accent. I said, how does it sound? Agains not good?
Speaker 1: Andrew said very good, yeah, and shout out to Anzac day the other day? Anyone play any two ups? Because I actually missed out.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I went. I took my girl, she loves tour. So we went to pump Beat ourself, which was actually really nice because we went too many people there. But I just I wasn't feeling it. I couldn't get into a rhythm, so I just watched and let Tashi play. But I almost got myself into big trouble because there was a guy beside me and he was asking what Tash wanted to bet on. She had her money out, and I said, old Tash loves heads and it's coming out. I went, and he looked at me and then he's laughed. I've laughed. I went, Oh, I don't think that's the correct terminology.
Speaker 4: He liked tails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure do you Tails never fails, but I always I always go heads. But everybody always says tawls never fails. But I only pe head because when you got it, yeah, but I always got whenever. I because I like saying when I played too, I was going and to get the crowd on head him up. Do you throw?
Speaker 3: Have you thrown?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I've thrown times. Always going there. I love it.
Speaker 4: See, there's a couple of things here, Trish. Another reason why I'm not exactly happy at the moment. I'm down on Cooper because I was enjoying such a great time and Zac Day too, are having a beer watching the football, and then Cooper and Cheese and Jas we're having a good time. So I thought I'll join this gang and having a really good time. Next minute, Cook goes mum's been calling me. She wants to putting in a car on what.
Speaker 2: He has.
Speaker 4: Next minute the car pulls up, He throw pushes me in the car and says, I'll go mate. I just I just wanted to stay. I was having such a great time.
Speaker 1: You were having a good time.
Speaker 3: But I didn't call you.
Speaker 1: No, you called Dad though, remember.
Speaker 3: Oh, I called him at one point and you told him come home. I kind of did, I said, because I knew you would be hanging out around you. And I was like, you know, it's nine thirty.
Speaker 2: Coper FaceTime if you I've been down in Barrel having a very wholesome weekend with my girlfriend, and Cooper about nine o'clock at night started facetiming me and he goes, well, look who's here? And there Brandon's house and Dad's just getting up, just telling yarns and yarns and yarns. And I could see Cooper didn't have the attention on himself. Yes, and he decided I'm going to get rid of the competition.
Speaker 1: I was trying to clear everyone up because it was Brandon's partner's birthday, but Brandon wasn't drinking, so everybody was there and brand I was like, my boy needs to get some shut eye. I'm looking after my boy, and no one was going to get shut eye when dad. Dad hadn't taken a breath in three and a half hours. He's nearly breaking the Guinness Book of World Records. He kept putting the oasis on and let me say, if this wasn't the crowd to be playing Dad's bangers in. This wasn't the crowd and people were trying to watch the footy, and he changed putting you two.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, he's got no social He was on.
Speaker 1: Fire though at one point he I reckon. He rolled twelve stories, one after another, without any without anyone getting a word in.
Speaker 3: Well, that doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 4: Podcast fun, great stories.
Speaker 1: That a good story.
Speaker 4: The laughter happening, I was. I was on a roll. I was like performing Monkey at the zoo. The more they laughed, the more I performed. Sure, just quickly. What about and Wish had it on the show last Sunday night? Those two twins in the Sunshine cap that is bizarre fake.
Speaker 1: They came on the radio this morning, earlier this week. Yeah, yeah, they come on the radio. They were, look, I've got a theory. I've got a theory there either. They've been practicing for a long time. I would struggle to see how on earth that's thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too, twins say, I'm with you, Cooper. I think it's They went.
Speaker 4: On Jimmy Kimmel, Yeah, School Night Jimmy Kimmel, and we're trying to get him on the Sunday night shirt actually a magic ground. Yeah, trying to get him on.
Speaker 1: Oh that'd be weird.
Speaker 3: It just creeped me out, to be honest. It gave me the creeps. Yeah, yeah, it did. I just found it creepy.
Speaker 1: While we're on this night quickly before, I wanted because I want to ask Jack about his trip to Bow, which you just meant. But later look that that night, after I put Dad home, you know, I ended up having quite a good night. Anyway, Later in that night, whenever it was, we were out at a restaurant, mean a few of the boys and we were having some pizza and having some red wine, and it started piscing down. This lady next to us just like literally drops passes out in the middle of the street and it's piecing down on us. Yeah, yeah, I was. It was so weird. I was like, what's going on? Mid eight twenty eight and she's just dropped. She's dropped, like she's obviously taken something or she was really blind like something like that. So she was like dropped and her friends are trying to pick her up dead weight. Me and one of the boys have walked over. This lady would have been like sixty kilos ringing wet trying to pick her up with dead white. Holy shit, it felt that heavy. Sixty dead weight, that's what I'm saying. I'm saying the dead weight was like she felt like one hundred and ten.
Speaker 3: Why does that work? What's the difference between dead weight and a normal weight?
Speaker 1: Well, when you try to pick someone up and they're like not passed out when they're not, I don't, I don't know what the difference is the weight.
Speaker 2: It's also the shift in weight, Yes, the weight. Like have you ever grabbed a pipe with like liquid in it? It's like that like good call, you know what I mean. Likes the liquid, Not that the liquid shifts in you, but your body, mate, like mass isn't even and it shifts from left to right a bit like you know, all the muscles in your butt.
Speaker 4: Trish. Yeah, it's an unusual The human body is an unusual shape compared to like sixty kolo. They just sat there on a ball you could pick up.
Speaker 3: Is that why people hold people under the arms and under the knees because the knees are kind of like a light area.
Speaker 2: Most people, I think fire like the firming carries that's under the arm pits just in front of your body and you sort of truck them back and plus two. But you haven't done gym for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thanks Nilda grass Tyson probably about eighty five. This is the thing. I haven't changed weight.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm just a little bit offended, like you sort of said like sick TOI quilos as though that was heavy.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, she's killed heavy. That's why I said she was only like six killers. But when I picked up she felt like one undred and ten. Anyway, back to the story, we've dragged her out. The owner of the places come down and give me a bucket to put her head in. Her head like had hit the bottom of the bucket and she was spewing back into her own face.
Speaker 3: Which just where were her friends at this point?
Speaker 1: They were just sitting there walking And then this was this was when it got weird. The lady was spewing, she couldn't talk anything. The one thing that brought her back to life. She looks up at me and then goes, hey, you're Cooper John's. Then we booked her in uber. So we're putting trying to put her in the uber. Uh and who kind of watson was there? As well Willy Watson, one of.
Speaker 3: The friends who booked the uber on who's the can.
Speaker 1: One of her friends.
Speaker 3: She could live out.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding? I didn't know her. And then we're out there in the like storm, like just trying to like get this girl in the uber and she kept trying to talk footy with us both and she was like, She's like, you think you're going to retain spot in the og, just get the hell in the uber. We're getting pissed on. Yeah, it was so weird.
Speaker 3: We thank you humanity, thanks you for your kindness. To another song.
Speaker 1: I've done my first aid course, so good lad save them lives? And yes, Jack Bowrel, can you tell us about this trip for a second, because you and your partner went down to Bower for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, j from crook Well, so we went down to crook Well to see her fan but mainly mainly what we did was we went to Barrel on the Friday beforehand and it was lovely everyone. It feels like everyone was down there. We ran it a he of Charlie White. Of course, people know Charlie threw the by Around your Brains podcast.
Speaker 4: So Charlie was Charlie and a.
Speaker 2: Few of our friends were down. They didn't even realize, so, you know, you run down there, very wholesome and nice down there. There was one awkward moment though. We got to the place we were seeing the accommodation. It was almost like an Airbnb and it was good. We sort of got lost in it when the lady said to us, oh, your room's been upgraded as well, and we were kind of happy with that, but then she proceeded to say the word haunted, and I sort of lost my vision. Once we got to the room. It was like this old room with an old fireplace and lounge in it, and I swear to God, Coll it felt like it was haunted.
Speaker 3: You get that feeling like an entity remember in the Cotswolds. Yes, we have stayed in this house, sorry, in a hotel in the Cotswolds in England, and like the room like it actually made me feel a little discombobulated because the room was on a slave and it just had haunted by, didn't I There were things hanging out there.
Speaker 4: Quickly, Jack, you just just thought of that for a second. The town of Crook, Well, what an interesting like combination of words Crook and well crook Well. You go, come on, guys, what is.
Speaker 1: It very You know what. That's why you've been in business for in the television business and entertainment.
Speaker 4: Entertainment.
Speaker 1: Thanks sure, But Jack, did you and Joy? This is the thing I want to ask you, because I've got your partner's point of view and now I want to hear your point of view for a second. Did you enjoy the country?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did. I did enjoy the country. So it was very nice. We met Beryls beautiful, We went through Golden it.
Speaker 1: Was very nice. Crook Well was lovely as well.
Speaker 3: Really this Jim was thinking, you didn't really love the country.
Speaker 1: Jem said to me, Jack's a city boy. I didn't realize just how much of a city boy he was until we went to crook Well and Jack was just not having a good time.
Speaker 2: Well, you can only do something. I was doing plenty of driving. Maybe it was the fatigue extent. Yeah, well you.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't drive under fatigue.
Speaker 2: I got to antipops all the time in Sesnock. It was not too dissimilar to old Sesnock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sure, I said, you know what, when I went to Cesnot we spoke about it all last week on the party. But one thing I did notice is I can see why people either go two ways. They either go Matthew, you and Joey's direction where they put because there's nothing to do in these country towns. They either put a lot of that hang on, let me go, let me go, I'm a good kid. They either go and they spend all their free time, you know, putting a lot of focus into being an athlete or good at whatever they're good at, or they go down more of a path of they just pump beers and have a good time, smoke bellize, yes, smoking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's too dissimilar to the city kid.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's not, no no, But I think there's so much more to like, there's a lot more things in your free time you can do in this, you know, go do this and everything's yes.
Speaker 4: When you're when you're a kid growing up in the country, there's lots of fun things like you know, whittling some wood, things like that.
Speaker 3: There was a kid on Sawyer fishing.
Speaker 1: There was a kid down at like I drove past SnO Sports Oval and there was a kid down there with his old man. They would have been down there. I drove past it looked like they'd already been kicking down there for a while. Two hours later I drove back, there was still down there, and I remember thinking, like, you don't see a lot of that in the city, Like you don't see kids that dedicated to their craft. And I just thought, it's actually a it's a it's a good test of like young fellows work right, well, yes, because they grow so addicted to a sport.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they want to make something of themselves. Yeah, that's the way you do it, mate, As the Craig Bellamy said in his Stocker that his dad told him all that time agoin mate, you work hard, You're going to get lucky. It might take time, but you're going to get lucky.
Speaker 1: Did you and Joey? Was that you and Joey though? Like, were you guys down there?
Speaker 4: Basically?
Speaker 1: How many days a week would you guys after school go down to the park together.
Speaker 4: Every single day?
Speaker 1: Every day?
Speaker 4: Every day? Go across the road there which is now John's Park, is it? Yes?
Speaker 3: And Phil the cat chase them over train with matte lines with mates.
Speaker 4: We get there and we'd go behind the town hall. There was an area there we'd play football and you got to different places. That's what you do. Yeah, just every single day. If crickets, if it was a summer you play, you'd be playing cricket.
Speaker 1: That well, it's cool, like city lads like, because so many different insues, like you said, surfing, golf, basketball, so many people like it's hard to actually get a crew of boys and go, hey, let's go down to the park and let's go down and kick the footy a out for four three hours.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very tough, but I just found it very interesting. It was an interesting observation and I can see why you and Joey have made such success for yourself. Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Wow, Well, thank you very much. That's all we got time for.
Speaker 1: I didn't know where I was going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I've got it. I can I come in with my segment? You can, all right, guys, So I've got a segment year for you. So I'm gonna hand it to Cooper's cheat of paper here right, I've got a little bit themed around this back end of the podcast around of course, on Friday we have got our Magic Round live show and we'll all be up there at Magic Ground. So I thought i'd do a magic theme segment. I've got three stories there for you around magicians getting having rogue incidents happened during their performance. Each of you have got a story. I want you to read it and at the end I want you guys to figure out which one was faked GBT.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well, just reading an autogo Jack.
Speaker 1: I read my first tent Mine's story. Three it's written. Okay. This is called the Soaring Illusion gone Wrong. In two thousand and seven, a British magician performing in South Africa botched a soaring in half act. The assistant was a local stand in recruited the day before. He misaligned himself in the box and the magician actually cut into his abdomen. The abdomen, the crowd laughed, thinking it was fake blood, until the assistant screened for help. Paramedics rushed in and the show was canceled mid applause. The assistant survived, got free tickets for life, and never worked in magic again. I wonder why the magician said it was just a slice of bad luck.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 1: I think the number one that sounds fake because it's like kind of funny as well.
Speaker 4: In nineteen eighteen, magician Chung Ling, who was performing the famous bullet catch trick. Now he stood proudly. His assistants loaded rifles on stage and fired at his chest for that night. One of the rifles actually fired a live round. It struck him in the lung, and he collapsed in front of the horrified audience. As he lay dying, he broke character for the first time ever and said, oh my God, something's gone wrong. Love with a curtain. He died the next morning, ending the illusion, and the magician, poor old chung Ling Sux true.
Speaker 1: No way, that can't be true.
Speaker 4: It can't be Chingling Sue.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That was in nineteen eighteen. Who knew what was going on?
Speaker 2: The right trichy? Yours okay?
Speaker 3: Mine is. In nineteen ninety two, a Vegas magician named Rick Delano attempted a daring underwater escape act. He was shackled and submerged inside a dolphin tank at a casino's aquatic theater. Midway through the escape, a curious dolphin rammed into him, mistaking him for a toy. The impact spun Rick into the glass wall, giving him mild concussion. Handlers had to dive in and pull him to the surface. As the audience gassed, He recovered with six stitches above his eye and finished the show two nights later on dry Land. Rick later joked, never work with animals, they always want the spotlight.
Speaker 2: Why are all.
Speaker 1: These magicians like trying to make a punchline out of it?
Speaker 2: I guess it was one true jack, only one of them was fake. They were too true there.
Speaker 1: Oh, so we got to find the fake one. Okay, okay, I think Dad's so.
Speaker 2: What are the titles of them? Trish go okay?
Speaker 3: Matthews was the bullet catching disaster, so that was in nineteen eighteen. Chung Ling Su, who had a live rat. Cooper was the Soaring Illusion gone wrong where the assistant was actually cut two thousand and seven. I just feel like we would have heard about that.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, what's the third one?
Speaker 3: And the third one was mine? The dolphin? I kind of don't think mine very exciting. The dolphin one.
Speaker 4: I think the dolphin one is the fake one. I reckon the thing that said that the dolphin thought he was a toy. How do they know the dolphin didn't talk? That's why I think it's made up. I found a hole in that story.
Speaker 1: Very clever.
Speaker 3: Do you think that's just some assumption.
Speaker 1: I thought it was your one, the bullet catching disaster, because I thought, if you've been shot, there's no way live on said, you're going something's going wrong. That's true.
Speaker 3: And also in nineteen eighteen, if it hit him in the lung, did you say in the chest, he's not waiting around till the next morning. He's dying there. And then nineteen eighteen.
Speaker 4: Interesting, Jack, John, are we going to vote for the Okay?
Speaker 1: I think I thought bullet catching disaster?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. I feel yours was the lie, the fake one.
Speaker 4: I think it's the dolphin. But let's go with you.
Speaker 3: Let's go okay, Okay, so I think it's Matt's.
Speaker 2: The fake story?
Speaker 1: Was the dolphin a redcliff?
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 2: First? You go? Now with that? I thought we'd go straight into blind draft. So we've done. I thought, let's go magic themed again. Let's just go magic famous magicians for blind drift.
Speaker 4: What is going on with around? Yeah? Magic round excellent?
Speaker 1: Okay, I can see the relations. I thought, what the hell is going on with this? Weird man's obsessed with magicians? Yeah, creeper, sorry.
Speaker 2: First magician blind draft. Here we go, David Copperfield.
Speaker 3: He's got to be up there.
Speaker 1: He's good, right, isn't he? Like he's the one that's been in Vegas for.
Speaker 3: He's still alive and practicing. I think he's got to be.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's practicing. I'm pretty sure he's perfected it.
Speaker 4: I think he's I'm going number two.
Speaker 3: I would too. I don't know. But who's going to be above him?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 3: My question?
Speaker 1: Is who's the one that died underwater? I mean, who Dean? He's got to be number one, right, I think to Let's go da Sweet.
Speaker 2: Next one, Chris Angel mind freak.
Speaker 3: I don't know him.
Speaker 1: He's a different kind. He was a very famous one even, Yeah, but he was more. He'd do things like stand on nails and hot like coals, and he was that. He was that sick kind of magician.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Four, Yeah, I reckon for probably more. Four because he was more just had a high pain threshold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a gift, some insane, sure.
Speaker 2: All right. Next one, David Blaine.
Speaker 3: Number five, because I've never heard of him ever. Yeah, yeah, I'm are you familiar with David Blair?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Five? Sorry Blaine?
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, sorry Blaine. Next one, I've gone with Harry Houdini.
Speaker 3: Number one, number one.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's the magician's magician. Although was he that good? I mean he died, but that's.
Speaker 3: You know, dedicated to his craft.
Speaker 4: I'll go one. I'll go one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the original, probably the best. Who's the last one? We've only got the number three left?
Speaker 2: Okay, I've gone with Penn and Teller, the dynamic magician duo. You know that, you know those.
Speaker 3: Get this goddamn list.
Speaker 2: People would know them.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 4: I'm happy with three.
Speaker 3: Well they're three.
Speaker 1: I'm not even happy with them on the list.
Speaker 3: Okay, Son and Copperfield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're the only two I really knew.
Speaker 2: I'm not the first list. Copperfield is talking about.
Speaker 3: Fred and Roy. Are they magicians?
Speaker 4: They were more like performers.
Speaker 3: But I suppose I was half winding.
Speaker 1: What did they do with the like Tiger?
Speaker 3: I don't know what. They make it disappear?
Speaker 4: They make it, yeah, disappear, jump through hoops, flaming hoops. Of course, one of them a tactic.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's why. And they've never performed again, right.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, one of them was a big crooked.
Speaker 1: But okay, all right, Well Trisha is actually taking over film fame, and like Trish let's do it.
Speaker 3: Last weekend, I was bombar guarded by Ben Affleck Movies and I loved it well. I saw a couple of new ones, and I saw one that is my all time favorite of his, so much so that I don't often re watch movies.
Speaker 2: I reckon.
Speaker 3: I've watched this about four or five times, and I love it just as much each time.
Speaker 4: The Town, The Town Michelle set in Boston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michel Pierce's favorite movie.
Speaker 3: So good. It's such a good And then I went over and saw some girlfriends and I was telling them they none of them had watched it. I wan go home and watch it. I said, it's one of the best. And then I just thought about him in general. He's had some great.
Speaker 4: Movies, terrific.
Speaker 1: He plays a good Boston.
Speaker 4: Boston boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course. Goodwill Hunting was Boston to good Will.
Speaker 4: Hunting is a masterpiece. Whoever, I don't think it's his best performance simply because he's overshadowed by Matt Damon and Robin Williams that they own that film. Yeah, my favorite role he played in my best movies, The Account.
Speaker 3: It's fabulous when he plays the fellow with Aspersius. Yeah, he's fabulous.
Speaker 1: Is coming out this year, account number two.
Speaker 2: Is it really?
Speaker 4: Have you not seen that?
Speaker 1: Being advertising?
Speaker 3: And I'll be on board for that.
Speaker 4: Is it really?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? And this isn't even a library, We'll cut it. No, Yeah, well, if it's out now, I might actually do.
Speaker 2: You do another one school Night.
Speaker 3: And another one like well with the Town. He directed starting and co wrote as well. He does a lot of directing.
Speaker 4: He and Matt Damon couldn't get a break, so they wrote.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of actors do do that. So I go, let's remind you of some of his others. Are Go Gone, Baby Gone, Reindeer Games that I've watched that on the weekend. That was actually quite good. It was the first time I'd seen that worky But and he was ageddon as well.
Speaker 4: It was to miss A.
Speaker 2: He was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I forgot about that. I went, oh, yeah he was in that too and gone girl. Yeah, he's got a great.
Speaker 1: It wasn't good, Yeah, you know, it wasn't good of his jack when he took over the Batman franchise for a bit he did.
Speaker 3: Is it not good?
Speaker 2: He was hard done by. I think she thought he was good. I just thought the actual movies himself.
Speaker 4: I'm lucky. I love he's got to move on from jailor.
Speaker 3: I don't think he does rom romantic comedies very well.
Speaker 4: He does romance.
Speaker 2: Well, they're not they're not together.
Speaker 1: Called that's why he said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean they've tried twice. My advice to you, both of you guys, is just you've got to get on with your lives. He's addicted to each other, but bad for each other.
Speaker 2: Maybe they should. Maybe you should talk to pen and tell I see what they do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good call.
Speaker 1: Sure, Blind drift once again a great reference. What else we got?
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I think we're coming towards the end. I've got a little bit of feedback. We'd like a little bit of Hendricks asked for some parenting and vice after welcoming him, welcoming their new baby boy so Ace. They hadn't been warned about being hosed by their child mid naffy change and do they have any tips? Cooper was a very big one for this.
Speaker 2: It was urinating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like strange boy toilet. Remember he used to when he do it, we get an erection? True?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 4: Remember Jack, you were too normal.
Speaker 3: I don't know I can't really remember. I didn't notice.
Speaker 4: I'm still good and Jack out of the woods.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 4: Remember he'd had his turns and get caught in his back, so we'd have to pull them out.
Speaker 3: We'd have to we'd have to pump his legs.
Speaker 4: Pump legs.
Speaker 3: That's right, pumpy.
Speaker 4: Still, but we'd have to pull it out. Who's to.
Speaker 1: Look like it had freeze in there like constipated?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he'd be crying in pain trying to get down. Yeah, it's just a little phase he went through twenty five and it's all good now, isn't it, Darling? Yeah, okay, So Hendrick's the only only thing I can say. He is always have a nappy on hand and always had that little hose covered.
Speaker 4: My friend tuck up between the leagues.
Speaker 3: Do you know what, Cooper? I Reckon actually got me in the mouth one time. I'm sure we pet in my mouth. We almost vomited my mouth to the.
Speaker 2: Glorious moments of being apparently.
Speaker 4: I don't think we can beat that. I think that's I think I think your your your son urinating in your mouth. That is the perfect end for our magic grounds.
Speaker 1: It's the apex? Can I say right before we leave. I want to quickly tell you guys, there was a earlier last weekend, sorry, there was a podcasting boxing match open the Gold Coast. You have seen anything on that podcast? The second year they've done it where they like they get podcasters and they fight in the ring.
Speaker 2: What sounds the Alpha blokes podcast run that don't make it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the alpha blokes. You haven't met those fels magic on our flight?
Speaker 4: I met him on a flight Pellips.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Me and Jack played with Cam Lowry, one of the boys in Mick Fanny's Golf Day last year, terrific fl He actually messaged me after the Gulf Day asking if I wanted to fight him in it, which I remember seeing the message laughing. I forgot to reply, I thank good luck. I would have. I would have killed him. That's the only reason I would never get in the ring, not out a sheer fear for me. I just wouldn't want to. I wouldn't want to put someone else's life in my hands because you know what, you know what I'm like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know you've learned off the best. I mean, I'm mastered and six martial arts, all the dangerous ones. If I kill someone I'm going to jail. These things are legal lethal weapons.
Speaker 2: Put those claus to camera, those things aren't. Thus Cooper, Yeah, listening Cooper, John's has like, honestly like dagger like fingers.
Speaker 3: That's quite the penist.
Speaker 4: What's the matter with you? Before we go on our Sunday night show, we had Max King on and Toby Sextem, both of them champions is Mexican. King is a nice kid.
Speaker 1: He's such a good four kids.
Speaker 2: He is so good.
Speaker 1: He's such a funny man. He's Yeah, we played together in Melbourne. He I remember we played again the week before. He was a media transfer, so he was up at the Gold Coast Titans. He was in reserve grade playing for tweet Head Seagulls. We actually played him the week before he transferred, and we were into him because we all knew that like he was maybe there's a lot of reports saying Max King a potentially going to the media the thing. And we ended up eating Tweed by sixty that day and I remember at the end of the game Harry was into him, going, He's like, what are you doing? He goes, just come down to Melbourne. He says, You're never like, you won't you won't lose again like this if you come down to Melbourne. And he was like, yeah, you know, I boy with that there, I'm going to come down.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 1: I'm coming down. Boys, I don't give a shit. I'm coming down, come down. He is such a good teammate, such a good bloke, so good for team morale. He potentially be the quirkiest man I've ever met in my life. He never has a down day. He's always on, like always on, always on, almost to the point where you're going to go, Kingy, you go sit over in that corner for atle bit. I'm going to sit up the other end. Let's not talk for a bit.
Speaker 3: Very much like that, aren't you You like your space? When you like Cooper's time, you want Cooper's time?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Were at the airport one day and he was all the Bulldogs players were there and I was in I was in the bookstore looking for an excellent book and I couldn't find them. By the way. Anyway, I feel his hand on the shoulder and turn around, King and he goes, how's he talking?
Speaker 1: What did you say otherwise?
Speaker 4: I kind of he said, well, it's good, But he said, hey, Mannie how I just want to say, I really really appreciate the fact that every time I see you you ask how my family's going. I just want to say, thank you, thank you very much for that.
Speaker 1: Cute A good man, good family.
Speaker 4: They are a great for the good family.
Speaker 2: The King's baby, that's one of the kings.
Speaker 3: And remember if you are in Brisbane this weekend Saturday, we're going to be at Fanland Leisure Deck Queen's Wolf Level seven mid day to two pm. Come and see it. So we'd love to see you.
Speaker 1: If we make it.
Speaker 4: Am I right, that's kind of.
Speaker 3: Like my fear. I think that's what my fear is, that we'll turn out there with no one there.
Speaker 4: We're talking about us of a thousand Maggie Beers.
Speaker 2: That's if we show up.
Speaker 4: I'm going to commentate on the Sunday. They're going to commentate on the Sunday. At four o'clock came. I think they're worried about me because oftentimes they get up there and give myself a good slamming. And they said, can you commentate a game for us? Which game I'm doing Penrith Broncos on the Sunday. A good game, man got to.
Speaker 3: Win this man, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they don't win this, they are a chance, they are a chance to missing the eight because they.
Speaker 4: Came dead last. At the moment, this is a game I think they absolutely must win because origins around the corner and they're going to be with all those stars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, will they still pick?
Speaker 4: It's a funny.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's a good talking about where becoming dead last and then none of the boys are really lighting the world on fire right now. But you know they're a champion team. They've got champion players. You can't not pick, you know, Leam Martin's Yeah, Edwards, you pick them.
Speaker 3: To see what happens if they put them in that different environment and how they play.
Speaker 1: Brian, I mean, they could be without five blokes and they come I wonder if that would be. I mean, I'd love to David Middleton on the case if if they get if they get five blokes out of their side, is that the most ever picked out of a team that's coming last.
Speaker 3: It must be to be, wouldn't That's a start that it would be very interesting to see what Lo does.
Speaker 1: It will be Let's you don't We'll ring him.
Speaker 4: Between you and you're going to pick between us.
Speaker 1: You're off the record, you're not on the podcast.
Speaker 4: Guys, I have a good one to see.
Speaker 2: Jack