Speaker 1: Late Welcome the Late pay.
Speaker 2: Good Evening. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Dora and Joe Hildebrand. Have you ever had a boss tell you, hey, that's not a two person job. Will Some librarians in South Australia have come up with a hilarious take on that that's gone viral around the world. Will show you a little later. Plus, when we look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers, Australia's security agencies are warning assi's about the threat of Can you guess what the threat is? If you guessed misogyny, you'd be right. That's in the papers tomorrow, as well as an American comedian touring Australia accusing Victoria of being a racist state, claiming he was racially profiled at Melbourne Airport. All of that when we get to tomorrow's papers. But first, women are accusing the AFL of jeopardizing safety and trashing fairness in women's football by allowing anyone who identifies as a woman to compare meat at a community level. Now, when it comes to the elite level of AFL, the code has pretty strict standards regarding transgender players, which effectively bans them from taking part. But their gender inclusion policy when it comes to grassroots football, well it's almost offensively inclusive. Have listened to Sky News reporter Caroline Marcus explaining.
Speaker 3: Jill Chalmers spent many years creating a Masters league for women who'd missed out on playing footy when young because there'd been no options for them. Now she's fighting a new battle.
Speaker 4: We're just calling on everyone to have option, to feel safe and have a fair go.
Speaker 3: The Melbourne teammates is speaking out about the AFL's gender diversity policy, formed after the league banned trans player Hannah Mounci from playing AFLW in twenty seventeen. While elite and state competitions now require transpla players to undergo testosterone and physical testing, at the community level, anyone who identifies as a woman can play. Safety risks dismissed as a myth.
Speaker 2: That's quite astonishing that the AFL claimed now there's no safety risks allowing biological men to play against women. That's all a myth. But it gets even crazy. Let me read to you from the AFL's gender diversity policy. It says in community football, social inclusion, which is an interesting phrase, has a greater priority than concerns about possible competitive advantages. If gender diverse players participate, it's an extraordinary admission that social inclusion is the main priority when it comes to grassroots football, not the safety of women or the fairness of the sport. And Joe and Liz. The other thing that strikes me about that policy is the abcuse phrasing. They say social inclusion, What the heck is social inclusion? And then they talk about gender diverse footballers. What's a gender diverse footballer? Is surely what they mean by social inclusion and gender diversity is biological men. But the reason they don't say that is because we all know that concerns about possible physical advantages are real concerns. It's not a possibility, it's a biological fact. Men are stronger and generally larger than women. It's not fair and it's not safe.
Speaker 4: No in the AFL have now set up this ridiculous system whereby the recognize it's not safe or fair at an elite level, but in community football they say, oh, well, different levels of sport have different priorities, So at the community level it's more.
Speaker 5: About social inclusion.
Speaker 4: At the elite level, it is more about competition, and that's why we've done it the way that we've done it. Shouldn't you just do the whole thing according to what is safest for the women playing. At a really important point that needs to be made is unity football.
Speaker 5: If anything, these women.
Speaker 4: Are more vulnerable to playing with biological men because they're not the fittest, they're not the biggest, they're not the toughest. They are in fact older, they're thirty five plus, just always wanted to pay AFL. Back in their day, there were no options for women to play the great game. So now they're living out their dream much older in life. But it's fair as long as we're all a bit older and we're all a bit softer, and we're all just having a bit of fun kicking around a ball until you get a man with the right pronouns rocking up. And these women are now being forced to risk their well being or opt out.
Speaker 5: And that's what the league is now seeing. In community football, women are just.
Speaker 4: Not self censoring, but taking self, yes self excluding taking themselves out of the game because when you're a bit older and injury can set you back for forever.
Speaker 1: As the only person on the panel, I'm pretty sure who has some experience in gender diverse football. I feel like I, well, it was the under eleven's Daninong red legs. It was the Daninong primary school team where I was occasionally allowed to play in the back pocket. I was not very good and that was the least important position, and so they'd sometimes let me have that. I once almost played a full game. Incredible, you wouldn't believe it. Point being, I was raised by hippies and my mother. When I was lucky enough to get a home haircut, I would get one, but they were few and far between. I certainly never saw the inside of a barbershop and so I had quite long hair. When I was in grade five and six and one of the members of the opposing team at a particular match said to the captain of our team, Hey, I didn't know you let girls play on your team. I was that girl. So I was a pioneer for breaking down gender barriers in in AFL. Thank you, thank you. I thought it would be that that is an absolute true story. That is a carcare fruct.
Speaker 4: But Dandenong in that age bracket, there weren't enough girls who wanted to play so they were just like.
Speaker 1: I just looked like a girl, that's all. I just looked like a girl. That's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: But back to the AFL's policy.
Speaker 1: But back the AL policy. You agree with it, I am going to trigger everybody. What you're saying it is actually very consistent. But they're saying that at an elite level, it's all about the competition, but at the community and grassroots level, it's all about getting out there encouraging as many.
Speaker 4: People the safety and well being of the play.
Speaker 1: I haven't actually, well, they haven't really sort of set that as a criteria. The reason that they didn't allow an Amounci to play was because you had to dispel perceptions of physical advantages. It said so, so it was because they didn't want it to be or to be perceived to be that she had a physical advantage.
Speaker 2: Even the language of perceived to be is insult to people with a mediocre of intelligence and experience. It's not a perception of physical I think.
Speaker 1: But also at the elite level, you would have to see it with your own eye. I thought at the elite level you would have the risk, and I think in some cases it seems like this is something that has happened of people who are so obsessed with sport that they think, well, I wasn't much good as a bloke, but maybe if I can find a way to compete in the women's in the women's competition, I can get a higher result. So it eliminates the risk of someone trying to game the system by playing in as a woman, even though they have the advantage of being born a man and testosterone in order to win. If someone is just playing for the fun of it, then clearly that is not going to attract people who are trying to do anything to their bodies.
Speaker 5: It takes the fun out of it.
Speaker 4: For women who are thirty five plus, you just want to play AFL with other rather inexperience.
Speaker 5: No pros on the field.
Speaker 4: Type women argue they are more vulnerable to the dominance of them.
Speaker 1: And I say that every time this issue comes from I'm still just not entirely convinced that a lot of these are sort of hypothetical scenarios that aren't necessarily playing out in great numbers across the community. Like I'm not sure if is there a particular transplayer who has showed up to play for this this community football this over.
Speaker 4: Clearly they are, because we're hearing reports from that community that these women are just opting out because they don't want to risk the injury.
Speaker 5: That's when man rots up.
Speaker 1: That's right, But is it a particular person all say people are saying, I don't want to play in it if there's a possibility that this could happen. But are we talking about an actual scenario where someone's rocked up and said, you know, hi, my name's Wonder and I want to play football. I just I'm not convinced that this is this vast kind of epidemic across the community.
Speaker 2: One instance, just one time. Wouldn't that be enough to say you can't have women's sport with any integrity if it's got biological men involved. So whether it's a risk, whether it's fair, whether people want to compete or they're just having fun. The point is, if you're going to have a sport that you say this is a women's competition, then it's either a women's competition, or.
Speaker 1: Again, but again and again, if it is an elite competition where it is all about.
Speaker 2: The you know people, rich community people.
Speaker 1: So my son plays on a.
Speaker 4: Mixed mix, he's a guy, so he's not really risking injury playing.
Speaker 1: With What about the girl who's playing? What about the girls playing?
Speaker 4: Be perfectly fine with your daughters, say they're teenagers looking up and having guys.
Speaker 1: Daughter also plays on a mix soccerate. I know this is shocking, my daughter plays.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 1: Everything's different when suddenly the argument from one Okay, well, you know i FL is different to rugby league, and rugby league is different to powerlifting, where it's not a contact ruffle the game.
Speaker 4: The more stringent the rules need to be in order to ensure women's safety.
Speaker 1: Okay, so weightlifting's okay, then it's not a contact sport.
Speaker 2: But it's also insulting to say.
Speaker 1: Like what is it? Is it the safety or the competitive advantage?
Speaker 2: It's all of those things, but if it was none of those things. The bottom line is, if you're going to call it women's sport, then you can't have biological men competing, whether advantage or no advantage, safe or unsafe. See the female sport where it's not.
Speaker 4: And this comes down to one thing, and one thing alone. Nearly every sporting code has fallen foul of it, and that is weak leadership. You cannot even acknowledge the nose on your face, and now AFL has egg all over that face because they can acknowledge it. At one level, that's okay, yep, no men allowed in the elite levels. But community, you guys are just about having a good time and therefore you guys can suck it up.
Speaker 5: It's inherently unfair.
Speaker 4: It's patently basically begging women to take a beating.
Speaker 5: For a cause that they didn't sign up for.
Speaker 4: But the Sporting Code has Let's move to EV vehicles now, because we all know the government remember one of Labour's pre election policies that by twenty thirty the vast majority of cars sold in Australia.
Speaker 5: Word b evs.
Speaker 4: Of course, a very big problem is there's not enough charges. So even now people who have bought an EV are like, where am I supposed to fuel up with electricity still generated by fossil fuels, but somehow it's better for the environment. Well, ampole has just put a dent in those plans by the Australian government, pulling the plug on their plans, saying actually, initially this was a good idea, now.
Speaker 5: It's not looking so good.
Speaker 4: Here's Chris Bowen on the second of August, just earlier this month, promising that it's all going.
Speaker 5: To be fine. We're investing in more ev charges.
Speaker 4: Everyone take a back seat, We're taking care of it.
Speaker 2: It's money that we're announcing today will support am Pole in rolling out two hundred new charges by twenty twenty five. And this is key.
Speaker 4: Now Ampole have dialed back their plans to roll out all these charges, saying we actually all read we have one hundred chargers that are either already built or underway in Australia and New Zealand, we just can't connect them.
Speaker 5: To the grid. The grid is the problem.
Speaker 4: I've been saying this for so long about renewables because our grid was not designed to accommodate renewable energy, and so the amount of money that we've already spent on the grid, we only have one grid. You can come up with any number of sources of energy that you want. The grid is going to be a big pullback here because it's simply not designed for renewable.
Speaker 1: There's nothing to do with being designed for renewable energy. It's not designed for the level of power that would be necessary in an entirely electric economy.
Speaker 4: So exactly designed energy.
Speaker 1: Well, the renewable energy that comes in, it can come in from anywhere. The grid has no problem.
Speaker 5: We just handling that ounce of it.
Speaker 1: The amount required to power and all electric economy. So where electricity takes the place of gas takes, the place of petroleum takes, the place of oil takes, the place of everything. That is the problem. And everyone has known that, Everyone has known that the capacity of the grid needs to be built up enormously to transition. I hate that word so much to this this new all electric economy, and it's part of what people electrify everything, sort of what they're doing in Victoria and basically.
Speaker 5: How electrified cars and war and behind.
Speaker 1: Unless you do it, and that's right. So unless you have the capacity in the grid, entire electric dream falls apart. So you've got to make sure that you can get enough you get enough power in there before you start talking about taking power out. And clearly they're just not keeping pace. So it is an issue, but it's not it's not this incompatible with renewable energy.
Speaker 5: It's that the sheerest is for the reason style different.
Speaker 1: Renewable energy is just a description of where energy comes from. The source of the energy.
Speaker 2: The problem is when you're plug in your car, it's not like plugging in a kettle. You're plugging. It sucks so much power from the grid that the gas simply there's not a supplying it. This is a great example of how life can come at you very quickly. Am Pole announced they had ninety two charges, but they wanted three hundred by the end of the year. And Chris Bowen's excited, Chris Ampole on board. And so it's only eighteen days ago. You saw the video that he announces We're going to give millions to Ampole to help them do this, and here we are just three weeks after that. Having said that, not even an Ampole have pulled up.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest challenge for EV drivers at the moment is that Elon Musk interviewed Donald Trubb and now the Tea and Enzla that everyone is driving I'm saving the planet now stands for Trump lover, which I just find delicious by that.
Speaker 5: I do not buy that at all.
Speaker 4: I mean, the stats show that hybrids are most people's car of choice nowadays.
Speaker 5: So as much as the government has put in these fuel.
Speaker 4: Efficiency standards and trying to gradually make life harder for those of us who drive petrol cars, which is no problem to the grid. Petrol it up, baby, The grid is completely unaffected. And then we wonder why thousands of cars relying solely on the grid.
Speaker 5: The grid's packing it in the grid's I can't do this.
Speaker 4: According to the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries, there's a mouthful. Hybrid sales are up eighty eight point four percent in July compared to the same month last year, so that is a massive, massive increase, while EV sales were up six point six of new vehicle sales in July, which was down.
Speaker 5: From the prior year in July.
Speaker 4: So instead of the government going okay, this isn't taking off as planned, on the first of August, they came out and said we're doubling our funding for our Driving the Nation fund. It's now at five hundred million instead of two fifty million. So I want to know how much a tax payers fitting the bill for this green dream of our governments.
Speaker 1: Which one hundred million dollars in this case, according to the article.
Speaker 4: In the case of EV's has shown that people aren't even buying the cars, and yet they keep just investing more and more and more while putting the screws in petrol car drivers trying to jimmy the system.
Speaker 5: It's not working. The market says no.
Speaker 1: But even in the electric market, Tesla is also losing market share. And I am convinced it is because all the virtue signaling EV drivers who want to show what wonderful people they are so now suddenly mortified that they are driving Lord must personify automotive. I'm convinced. I'm absolutely convinced it is because there's no there's no escaping from it.
Speaker 2: But that aside the reason people are investing.
Speaker 1: You can't put that aside. It's the best part.
Speaker 2: Putting the best part aside. The reason people are investing in evs is because they're sorry in hybrids. It's because they're hedging their bets, that's right, because you just don't trust this government to roll this out properly, and why would you. So people are saying, well, you know, well, I can't go fully electric because as too takes too long to charge the thing at home. If I'm traveling, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to find a charger, so I'll make sure I've got an electric option. As well as a fuel option, because why would you trust Chris Bowen when they've just got no track record of having been able to deliver anything at all. Speaking of delivering in the UK, we know there's been riots for the past couple of weeks. After three young girls were stabbed to death. A rumor went around the UK that it was a immigration or recently arrived refugee ratherho had been on a terror watch list. That proved to be untrue. But people reacted not just to that incident but to a number of incidents that have created a lot of tension. So the UK police have been busy rounding people up, arresting them for rioting, but also for making mean tweets and unsavory Facebook posts criticizing the government. They've rounded up so many people, making a thousand arrests and charging four hundred and seventy people that they're literally running out of prison cells in which to put them. So the governments come up with this plan called Operation Early Dawn. For every rioter or Facebook poster they put in prison, they release somebody who was already serving time. A wonderful thing if you were sitting in prison thinking I've got so long to go in my sentence. Now the government have said, you know what, you only have to serve forty percent of your original sentence because we need you out so we can get these rioters and Facebook posters in. Here is the Prison Officers Association chair Mark Fairhurst explaining we.
Speaker 6: Will guarantee a prison cell. We will make sure that those people who need to be in prison will be in prison, not necessarily in the area where they live. They may be two three hundred miles away from home, but we will guarantee people at prison cell.
Speaker 1: With the numbers are so tired there, how can you make that guarantee?
Speaker 6: The are tait And that's why we've initiated Operation Early Dawn. So basically the easiest way to describe it is one in, one out, So as people get released, we can then pick up people from police cells and take them to court and we will triage that three times a day.
Speaker 2: So it's one in one out. Now I should point out that doesn't apply to sex offenders, people on domestic violence charges or terrorists. But Joe, if you were sitting in a UK prison serving your time for any other crime, you'd be pretty happy about this, wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: It's just so cooked from what he's saying. My understanding is it's more that instead of these people being sentenced in actually going to prison, which is where you go after you've being sentenced, they will still be continued to be held in jails or police cells and they will just wait there until the next prisoner gets through. Layd say, hey, yah, Harry's got parole. Who okay? And you go mate? You know what was it you said on Facebook? Oh yeah, you'll be in here for a while. So I think that that is what they're doing. I hope, against hope that they are not actually releasing early in all.
Speaker 2: They are policy. I just you only that is forty of your original center operation Early Dawn.
Speaker 5: You literally just described it.
Speaker 4: Joe.
Speaker 1: This cannot cannot, this cannot be Western civilization.
Speaker 2: But this, this is necessary because we need to deal with people who are posting tweets critical of the government.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely, those Facebook posts.
Speaker 4: Remember the stories that we bought you last Thursday. Here's old mate, he's sixty one years old. He got something like twenty months in prison for simply chanting at a rally where I've.
Speaker 5: Seen hundreds of people chant this in unison. Allah allah who the f is allah. He's gone to jail.
Speaker 4: So when we're talking about this onslaught of protesters that they suddenly have to find all these prison positions for these are the kind of people that they're locking up. Then there was this older lady. I believe she's fifty three years of age. She has been sent to prison as well for a Facebook post.
Speaker 5: She is the sole carer for her.
Speaker 4: Disabled husband, and yet the state says no compassion for you. She's never been in trouble with the state before one Facebook post. You're going to jail for over a year. This is the insanity that is going on in the UK right now. No wonder their prisons are full, and now they're like, oh, got a solution, will release actual criminals serving their time in order to get the Facebook posters and the rioters who once again, yes, they are breaking the law and we do not condone that in any way, shape or form. But their angst is not being acknowledged.
Speaker 5: What has happened to the UK over the last few years. Nigel Faraj is very well versed on this.
Speaker 4: The amount of immigration, legal and illegal that has happened in the United Kingdom over the last term of the government is unprecedented and people are sick to death of it.
Speaker 5: It seems to be the only country in the world.
Speaker 4: Where we've got make sure that the Indigenous aren't colonized. Simply doesn't stand because England's wife, so colonizing.
Speaker 5: Them is perfectly fine.
Speaker 4: It seems to be this inverse colonization the natives, the indigenous in this case, the English have had enough. The government refuses to acknowledge.
Speaker 1: The English, English and Indigenous to England. Oh, here we go, the original original.
Speaker 4: If you watch the new Netflix series where Anne boy Lean is a black woman, do.
Speaker 5: You can do that?
Speaker 1: I don't believe that.
Speaker 5: I suppose all indigenous in England the.
Speaker 1: First Britons were Celts, and they were driven out by the Angles and the Saxons.
Speaker 5: And that they were.
Speaker 2: Just just getting back getting back white just white people getting back to this well, just getting back toue of releasing people from prison. So you can get these writers in at least they're consistent because I well remember during the Black Lives Matter protests, how they arrested thousands.
Speaker 1: That's right, right, that is bad in Hypocrisy is bad, and and that's writing is bad.
Speaker 2: Police.
Speaker 1: That's why it's bad when people write in the name of BLM, and it's bad when people write in the name of anti immigration.
Speaker 2: But is consistency. They didn't do that.
Speaker 1: I get that, but it just it just it still just doesn't wash with me that you know, we don't you know, we don't get out advance. But these people have, you know, angry for a reason. They're right to be angry or whatever I mean saying saying on social media we need to blow up the mosque. If not, you should be touched about.
Speaker 2: That's hate speech and it's instantly that's right. And if they said it about a synagogue, we'd all go crazy.
Speaker 4: She deleted the post, and I would think, given that she is the sole career for her husband, she obviously posted that in a moment of passion and regretted it deleted it took the sentence on the nose. But that is where you all eyes are on the state, going are you for real?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But she deserved state.
Speaker 1: Incitement to violence has never ever been a tenant of actual, genuine free speech. And you can't go around saying blow up the mosque and then when someone actually grows up the mosque say, oh sorry, I didn't know they were actually going to do it, and that's different. And I have to say that's different, is Ourah, that's like that strikes me as almost a blasphemy law.
Speaker 2: In the midst of all of this, though that the context for the concern about the way the UK government is behaving is that they've got form on trying to squash free speech. I mean, it was reported just this week in the UK Telegraph that the Home Secretary of at Cooper she's now looking at laws regarding abortion clinics and they really are. They're seriously trying to outlaw silent prayer outside abortion. You literally can't talk to God in your own mind. The police want to have a say over that. So the UK government have got form when it comes to cracking down excessively on not just freedom of speech, freedom of thought.
Speaker 4: Yes, and that has only come due to I can't remember her name, but the woman who was arrested outside an abortion clinic praying silently in her mind and was arrested by the police. She did time for that. She's actually been awarded a payout because she took them to court for false imprisonment and a few other things.
Speaker 5: And it turned out she won.
Speaker 4: So now you've got the ministers in the UK going, well, actually, let's make sure we make this iron clad. Someone stand within the double debt instead of just going wow, yeah, that was full on someone's thoughts.
Speaker 2: Aprid of it.
Speaker 4: They can't be doing anything in their head in the vicinity of an abortion clinic. Now they're doubling down, going, oh, this woman won in court.
Speaker 5: The law wasn't actually behind us.
Speaker 4: Let's make sure the government is one hundred percent behind this now. But to Brits who are facing this situation, and I can only imagine how tyrannical it feels. Here's a little message from the US to the UK with love, straight out of their declaration of independence.
Speaker 8: When a long train of abuses and usurpations pursuing invariably the same object events as are designed to reduce them under absolute despotism, and is their right, it is their duty to throw off such government and provide new guards for their future security. People won't talk that way anymore.
Speaker 5: No, they don't.
Speaker 4: Maybe we should bring it back to Sydney Water now, who have very quietly released on their website a final I mean, I've been talking about this stuff for the longest time.
Speaker 5: I love talking about forever chemicals.
Speaker 4: I love talking about pfas I love talking about microplastics. They're all interchangeable. You will have heard of them before. Sydney Water have come out and said, ah, for the first time, we are acknowledging that cancer linked forever chemicals have been detected across Sydney's drinking water catchments. H the terror What have I been telling you? Now they're finally admitting it. Water pollution expert Ian Wright says, I expect that these results will be quite confronting to many people. This also contradicts statements made by the authorities that there is no pfast risk in.
Speaker 5: The catchment without any doubt.
Speaker 4: Further regular testing is needed and needs to be publicly reported now. The Australian guidelines are currently under review after America's EPA found there was no safe levels of.
Speaker 5: These of exposure to these chemicals, and yet where do we find them.
Speaker 4: They're in our drinking water, they are in a lot of your food, They're in a lot of your food packaging, they are in a lot of your medics. They're in your sun's screen, they are in every meal that you cook. In that amazing it doesn't stick to anything. Whether they're saucepans or fry pans, they're in your tooth fluss.
Speaker 5: I could go on and on and on.
Speaker 4: There's a reason why in America they spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year.
Speaker 5: Two hundred and fifty billion. To put that in.
Speaker 4: Perspective, that's more than the US spent on the entire COVID pandemic two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year. America says that they spend on the health side effects that people are progressively coming down with. Given that these pfast chemicals now basically have infiltrated every part of our lives, even those disposable coffee cups that people drink.
Speaker 5: We go through millions of them every single day worldwide.
Speaker 4: Microplastics, microplastics in those we're just downing them if it's not already in the water.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is something that.
Speaker 4: Nobody is sorry, paid enough attention to, the government has turned a blind eye to and keeps doing so because they know if they were to put their foot down on p fas, which is over fourteen hundred different chemicals by the way, if they were to put their foot down. It would mean putting the foot down on multi billion dollar companies and the way they produce their products, and governments simply aren't willing.
Speaker 5: To do it.
Speaker 2: And what's really highlighted the problem we've got is the fact that, as you said, the USA have said no level of exposure is safe and so they have adjusted their guidelines, whereas in Australia there's currently a review going into it. But could that take months? It could take years. Some people are suggesting if the water supply is not safe, then that should be a matter of absolute urgency for our government, no matter what they have to do or how much it costs. If the US are making that move, why are we dragging our feet? Well?
Speaker 1: I think everything in life is a matter of balancing risk, including COVID and the measures against it. Does the benefit actually outweigh the cost to doing something? And I would argue, just for the sake of you know, an alternate point of view, if it's in absolutely everything, including everything we consume, and the one thing we have to consume to stay alive, namely water, be fascy, maybe it is not as deadly as people are being led to believe. In other words, yes, undoubtedly. Now that we can trace all these things and find all these things, in some cases you might be able to link it to someone's disease, and you might be able to say, all, right, well, this is because it built up plastics. And maybe years from now we'll find out that this was this great killer that was calling all these things. You know that some people say, I.
Speaker 4: Think we've already found that out, Joe, two d and fifty billion per year that the government is saying, our hospitals are full of people who because this isn't just cancer, this is endometriosis, this is infertility in men and women.
Speaker 5: This is all cause to right by you name it.
Speaker 4: The litany of sicknesses are connected to I can't believe you it's important.
Speaker 5: If your life is your health.
Speaker 1: If it's so ubiquitous and it's so everywhere and we're all consuming it all the time, why are we all living longer than ever each past?
Speaker 5: Why are we sicker than ever?
Speaker 4: Because so you're just saying manufacturers should be able to use these chemicals, it is possible without using the chemicals, it's.
Speaker 1: Possible that we've got the risk level right. It's possible that the USA has got to be sell.
Speaker 4: But again, if it's in the USA has now thanks to incredible docos how to Poison a Planet on stand, do not miss it. That has blown the whistle on these multi billion companies and where it has been proved.
Speaker 5: Watch the doco.
Speaker 4: They knew, they knew, and they did it anyway. They put these chemicals in water catch maybe and in all of their products.
Speaker 5: They absolutely knew it.
Speaker 1: Just it just seems strange to me that, you know, if it really is in our it's strange to you just the simple fact of it. If it's in our water supply and we're all drinking it all the time, why wouldn't there be more clear, widespread and and community wide, like nationwide debilitating.
Speaker 5: There is in the US.
Speaker 1: Or is it all just happening and we don't know what we're blaming on absolutely.
Speaker 5: In the US.
Speaker 4: That's like saying, because nobody's really talking about this, it can't be all that important.
Speaker 1: I mean everyone's talking, everyone's talking about it, and people are saying, all right, well, we've seen all this stuff. We know that, you know, we've finally been able to find that this is in Sydney's drinking water, for example, where previously we didn't know it was there, And it's below below, It's below what were the previous risk levels which are now being reviewed.
Speaker 5: Except so you know, there's no exposure left. There's no safe exposure level.
Speaker 2: But I'm a little bit with you in the sense it who knows. I'm no expert. What concerns me is the government seem and authorities seem rather tardy in following these things up. Is there if there is a suggestion that these things are as dangerous as you and others are saying more, well, then they should be following it up. On your side, I'm saying they should get on their start investigating. Here's a classic, bad, classic example of government tardiness. There was an article today saying that the EPA new recycled soil products contained contaminants, that they were being sprinkled around housing developments, in parks where children play. They were a risk to the environment and to the community. They'd known about this for a decade, they warned the New South Wales Coalition in twenty twenty one, and nobody, not the EPA, in all the New South Wales Coalition who were in government at the time, did anything about it. The EPA, after talking to industry, who obviously didn't want any changes to their recycling methods, didn't want to spend more money trying to get rid of these contaminants. They said, please, don't change any regulation. So the APAA said, okay, we'll provide education for you and increased monitory So when you read about that sort of response from government to known contaminants being spread around children's playgrounds and housing developments, it does make you concerned about how seriously government and that.
Speaker 4: Is another reason why they don't want to lift a finger, because to get rid of p fast, whether it's soil contamination, water contamination, is a really difficult one and we had a terrible case of it. We bought from three M the company and how to Poison a Planet. The firefighting Fome put out fires that got into our waterways up in Queensland and the results from that were absolutely devastating because of course it was in very extreme levels in certain parts of Queensland due to that. So to argue that this should be a priority when you're talking about the health of a nation, if you're talking about their drinking water, something that basic, I would just say to anyone who cares, get a really good filtering system because breeder ain't going to cut it, not when it comes to pfas. And people need to be aware of these things because though at least that they can make the choices.
Speaker 5: Of not using those plots in pairs. I'm not going to drink water in tapwater. There is a lot of people who do not drink tap water.
Speaker 2: Just quickly, speak of the health of the nation. Got to show you this headline from the New York Post reporting on the Democratic Convention currently underway. Planned Parenthood have set up outside the convention. They're offering free vasectoms and abortions in a truck outside the DNC. Liz, what does that say about the ruling party in the United States and the culture free visectomies and abortions out on the street. You can get a taco in one truck and an abortion in the other.
Speaker 5: This is absolutely disgusting to me. I find this. I find this demonic. I find this satanic.
Speaker 4: The Dens love to talk about population control, and here they are practicing it in the car park at the Democratic National Convention. I'm like, this is just I find out ar rageous, revolting. Although when it comes to the vasectomes. If you're a dem maybe you're doing everyone a favor by withdrawing from gample.
Speaker 1: Maybe just withdrawing the best method.
Speaker 2: We've got to go to a break before we do. Last night we reported a story about increased fines for dogs or fleash in Queensland. We said it was a decision by Redland City Council. We're happy to point out tonight it was in fact the Queensland Government that increased the fines, with legislation passing in state parliament in April. We're going to take a break. When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow in the papers. All right, welcome back. We'll look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. And Liz the Canberra Times. What's the threat facing Australia at the moment?
Speaker 4: Message you may remember last night we're having a good laugh at the UK, who had decided that misogyny is now one of their extremest categories and they're going after it helter skelter, particularly in school aged young men.
Speaker 5: Well, it seems.
Speaker 4: Australia's following suit the threat of misogyny. The splash reads on the front of the Canberra Times Australia's national security agencies plan to target the spread of misogyny in school aged young men and the threat it posters to social cohesion following crisis talks over gender based violence. Now, as per the question we raised last night, what are they classifying as misogyny?
Speaker 5: Well, if I go to the next paragraph, you may have cause for concern, because I shall know I do.
Speaker 4: The Office of National Intelligence believes that while groups promoting male supremacy, misogyny and traditional masculine social norm remain at the fringes and are rejected by many, including most men, there are signs that their prevalence is increasing. So there we have it in writing, traditional masculine social norms equal misogyny?
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: I want more of those traditional masculine social norms, please you Ask any woman on the street. It'll be the reason why they're single. They are looking for men who are men and subscribe.
Speaker 5: To traditional masculine social norms.
Speaker 4: But they can't find them anymore because the state it seems to be working west wide to beat it out of guys when they're as young as school age.
Speaker 2: The part of this article that just fascinated me was they quote an expert who says hardest violence is often underpinned by misogynistic ideas. Now, g hardest violence is underpinned by a religious ideology. It's got nothing to do with misogyny. So that misogyny even responsible for Islamic terrorism. It's just madness.
Speaker 1: So like now we're saying Islamism is like not misogynist, like it is, like extreme mus terrorism is pretty misogogistic, like kind of goes it is.
Speaker 2: But the terrorism is not based on misogyny. It's based on a religious ideology. But we don't want to talk about religion. It's just easy to say, oh, if only we change people's attitudes towards the genders, then everything would be fine.
Speaker 1: I love talking about religion. The Reformation was a mistake, change.
Speaker 2: My mind, joking about it. Carry on, Joe, Joe.
Speaker 1: The Herald Sun. Now well, I'll tell you one thing that's not funny. James and Liz racism. And there's a lot of racism at Melbourne Airport. I always knew the People's Republic of Victoria a cesspit of racism. And we can only assume misogyny. A comic in a racial row at the Tomarine Airport American comedian Eric Andre has sensationally worn, so it was a very sensational warning quote all black, brown, and indigenous people, medigious people not like count as anyway against traveling through Melbourne Airport amid claims he was racially profiled, taken out of a line and sniffed by a dog. Shame on the people at the Melbourne Airport that have that this kokamami procedure. Great American is in there. The Emmy nominated, always been nominated for an Emmy Star, said, likening the security protocol to former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani's controversial stop and frisk esque nonsense program quote unquote, which allowed police to stop people for what they deemed quote suspicious behavior. Melbourne Airport has said it will be investigated. I remember when I was a young, long haired hippie type walking around the streets of inner city Melbourne. I guaranteed you if a cop car passed me, I would just go five four three two and they would stop risk me every single time. And it was a real pain because I had to get rid of the dope I was carrying and hide it behind the like don't know, doesn't don't. Don't the airports actually have like strict kind of like I know about the sniffer dog one, but with the bomb testing, it's like you know, one to you.
Speaker 2: The airport recently and I got pulled aside for the bombs all the time, and I joked, are you profiling me? And very seriously the security person said, oh no, no, no, we don't profile. It's randomized to see that thing there. And I said, so, such completely random who you pulled aside? That's correct, sir. I said, so what you're telling me is if you catch a terrorist, it will be completely by accident. And she's real quiet and then said I suppose so. I said, I can't tell you how safe that makes me feel.
Speaker 4: It's so ridiculous that police or security guards are now being pulled up even if they did go, yeah, something a bit sus we want to have a dog sniff you.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but Comedian the chance of it having drugs on him as astronomical.
Speaker 5: There you go, no wonder the.
Speaker 4: Dog was sniff authors like, man, I've get paid boring.
Speaker 1: And clean living. Now this is the problem. Like if they wanted to go out, you know, like you get a sniffer dog out on a hipster. Now I say, yeah, I've joined the sobriety movement, isn't it great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go to the front page of the Mercury in Tasmania. Cop cyber sting in the tail reads the headline. This is a good story. Police got the bad guys. Craig Douglas Stewart thought he was grooming a fourteen year old girl and her mother charming when he started chatting to the pair in an online chat room and shared sexually explicit messages and pictures with them. Little did the fifty four year old male know the mother and daughter duo were actually police officers acting under cover. He was arrested, prosecuted, and sentenced to seven years in prison. Done to the online police.
Speaker 4: One less pedo out in the community when.
Speaker 1: You know what they should do, said yeah, I will send you a photos and take pictures of the actual police officers and then force him to just look at them the whole time is in jail, just so he's got that running through by This is what I was actually getting off on. That's right. This six foot six foot, hairy chested police officer called Bruno, who's now sitting there looking at me from across my style, that you got to play with the go to get in their.
Speaker 5: Minds and a job though, that is a job I put my hand.
Speaker 1: Up for just I'd find it say I'm fourteen.
Speaker 5: No, that would give me so much satisfaction.
Speaker 4: To the front page of The Australia Now CFM e U Court's war on Labor. The CFM EU is examining a potential High Court challenge to federal laws forcing the union's construction arm into administration, as angry left wing union leaders in Victoria condemned the unprecedented attack on unions and declared they would be willing to fund a rearguard legal action.
Speaker 5: Joe, these are your people.
Speaker 1: No they're not.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, What does he have to say about the.
Speaker 1: People? And Peter Marshall is one of the people who's mentioned the United Firefighters your new boss who is a good mate with Dan Andrews. When chairman Dan the company you can and yeah, these are the people who I think are provided. I used to have a lot of time for parts of the New South Wales CFMAU, who are much more reasonable and nowhere near is dodgy. But these guys, they're really militant. Ones in Victoria are just just shocking, shocking people. They're destroying the Labor Party, They're destroying the labor movement. Anyone who really cares about unions, who cares about the Labor Party, who cares about working people, would not want to have a bar of these people because because they're dragging the whole joint down. It's terrible.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to go to a break, but stick around when we come back. You've heard that expression, hey, that's not the two person job or some librarians in South Australia have made a video illustrating that. It's gone viral all around the world. It's pretty funny. We'll show you that in the indust a moment. Well, if you've ever ever been responsible for managing people, there's nothing more frustrating and watch two staff members do a task that only requires one person. That's inefficient, it's a waste of resources. And so typically you tell those people that's not a two man job. With some librarians in South Australia, they have a different opinion. The funny thing about that, Joe, I know it's meant to be a piss take but that is the reality at my local library.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Yeah, I didn't understand. When does the satire star? I thought that was just the set.
Speaker 5: Where's the joke?
Speaker 1: How good is that? That's very unny? Yes, it is a very good redactment of a lot of a lot of workplaces, a lot of public service workplace to.
Speaker 5: A heartwarming story.
Speaker 4: Now in southwest Queensland, where Frank DeShawn has won himself the moniker of the People's King after his tiny town of Hebel was going to have to close down its entire commercial portfolio. Its entire commercial portfolio consisting of a pub and a small convenience store. Hebel has a population of just twenty people. So what did Frank Deshan do here?
Speaker 5: He is explaining.
Speaker 7: Here at Hable, which is roughly on the border of New South Wales and Queenslands in the kind of middle of nowhere, the Hable Hotel. Look at the place. It is everything And look I'm here with the proprietor, Frank Deshan. Frank certainly had the pub for a couple of year. But Frank, tell me why did you buy the pub?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 1: It basically shut down. It was a reflection of it.
Speaker 9: We had the very big drought that you know, it covers the whole of Australia, the fires and all the rest of it. That break twenty nineteen we rolled into COVID and the poor guys that were here before me, they just fell on hard times. They just couldn't handle it and it shut down.
Speaker 7: Now I've actually clocked off, Frank, so I can actually have it and have a view at last.
Speaker 1: But but you'd had you've had a vier here.
Speaker 2: This would be a lafful, wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I'd my first be here, Warren, and hopefully maybe i'll add my last year.
Speaker 1: Tell you remember.
Speaker 5: Soldierly a legend.
Speaker 4: Frank, So this town after seven years of drought, the compulsory water buybacks and a global pandemic.
Speaker 5: He's like, no, we're not going down.
Speaker 4: The pub had been closed for twelve months and he's like, I'm bringing herb back.
Speaker 5: Women.
Speaker 1: Amazing story that incidentally interviewing frame was the Valley Telegraphs cartoonist Warren Brown. And we send him on the road all the time. I've done some great road trips with him. So Warren, you know, go get us a great community story. You know, get to whereas all having every single time, he ends up at a pub every single time, and this time it appears he's actually had to get someone to buy the pub and reopen it just so we can get one.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you something funny about that town. The local kids at the church Sunday School, when they're repeating the Lord's Prayer, they pray, deliver lead us not into temptation, and deliver us from.
Speaker 1: Hebel Actually, I think you'll find that's offensive, James, and the town has now changed its name to Babel.
Speaker 2: That's it from us, but stick around. Coming up in just a moment is the readA Penney sho