Speaker 1: And then I'm like, okay, we need to rehearse, and You're like, oh, Laura, I.
Speaker 2: Still remember going over it in the Brisbane face.
Speaker 1: Hole and I was just so you were such a dick.
Speaker 3: I know, I made that out of my own room.
Speaker 1: Where's Your Head At? Is a podcast that talks full things. There's a hold on a sec. Let's give this a refresh.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 3: I'm Anna and I'm Matt, and we are now too newlywed not to each other. Just a female and male best friend here for the good, the bad, and the ugly times and.
Speaker 4: Exploring adulthood, family relationships, dilemmas.
Speaker 2: And whatever else we have the mental capacity to deal with.
Speaker 1: Come get the lowdown.
Speaker 2: This is your male and female perspective.
Speaker 1: So Mad, Where's your Head At?
Speaker 4: Its?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Mad.
Speaker 2: Good morning Anna. How are you feeling today?
Speaker 1: I'm a feeling good.
Speaker 4: So currently I'm on maternity leave. So we are doing a little pre recorded episode. But this morning has been a bit of a mess.
Speaker 1: Let's just say that, shall we.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, we got the recording times wrong, which is not the worst thing because we actually rocked up early.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Change, So we were recording today at twelve pm. Matt and I both rolled in at eleven am. I think at one point it was eleven am. Then it changed and it was just it was a mess.
Speaker 3: Before for the first time ever, I rocked up before. I was early, the first time before eleven am.
Speaker 2: So that's a good.
Speaker 1: First time for everything it is.
Speaker 2: But what did you decide to do with yourself in that well?
Speaker 4: Firstly, the lovely receptionist Vicky gave us a little free.
Speaker 1: Coffee that was amazing, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from nov So we like went downstairs, got our coffee from a place that we don't usually get it from around here. And in my eyesight, directly behind you, I spotted a massage place.
Speaker 3: Now, I said to you, I flagged that I've never gone to one of those like massage places that you see at shopping centers or in courts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I even call.
Speaker 1: That like, yeah, like just beside Carls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a yeah, shopping center place. I've never been to one of those massage places. I don't really trust it.
Speaker 4: I do, but I always go for like the foot massage, yeah right, because it's like you.
Speaker 1: Can't really how can you really mess it up? As well?
Speaker 4: Like you're not like standing on someone's back or breaking you back, Like, you can't really mess up a foot massage.
Speaker 1: I mean you could, but.
Speaker 3: Because I'm not a big fan of foot massage, just Tammy sometimes offers me one, and I'm just like, oh like it just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it tickles, it tickles.
Speaker 2: So well, I was going to get one.
Speaker 1: I was like, tonight we should get a foot massage together.
Speaker 4: We have an hour to kill. Let's get a thirty minute one. They have a special one fifty dollars each.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a good deal.
Speaker 4: Like I'm pregnant right now, or maybe I've had the baby when this is coming out. Who knows, we're close to having the baby, but I'm heavily pregnant. So a footms to me sounds like blits, like my feet are swelling up.
Speaker 3: Well, we sat down and I realized that we weren't going to sit next to each other. I wasn't a fan of that. I was like tucked away into the corner by myself.
Speaker 1: Got isolated.
Speaker 3: So I was sitting there as and then they did not the ladies first, obviously, so they went to you, and I realized no one had even noticed I was there, also tucked into the corner, so I was sitting in the corner by myself, and then we got a message from Blake so producer saying I'm.
Speaker 2: Ready, I'm up here now. So I ditched.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I messaged me and I was like, oh my god, Blake's on the way. I'm five minutes into this foot massage. What am I supposed to do? And then Matt's like, well, I'm go and see us. I was like, don't leave me here.
Speaker 3: So I got off and I walked off, but I bumped into one of my best mates, Cob out the front, so that was good. Random so Random his offices around here, so I just spoke to him for.
Speaker 1: A bit and yeah, he said that catching never to me, how is how do your feet feel?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I feel so relaxed, almost two zen. I'm feeling very at peace. I do think that I should be getting more pregnancy massages.
Speaker 3: I never, like I said, I never, I never treat myself to massages. It's just not something that's ever been my what's the word on my radar? I mean one time we tammun I did a couples on. We got someone to come to the house, but she booked it and she said deep tissue.
Speaker 2: It was the most.
Speaker 3: Unrelaxing thing set up in the lounge room, and I swear to he was just digging thumbs and elbows into places I didn't know you could dig him into.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 4: Michael and I when we were in Athens, we had a night flight and I had a bit of a sore back, so we got it's kind of the same thing. We both got like a couple's massage, and I was like, you know, like get into it kind of thing.
Speaker 1: I was. I was in agony. Yeah, she was like stepping on my back, she was pulling my arms back. My head was off the table. It was like it was like an exorcism. I was like, this is not cute. Doesn't feel cute.
Speaker 4: It doesn't It's like, this is not I felt like I walked out of They're like twenty thirty years older.
Speaker 2: Well that's pretty much having to me.
Speaker 3: And I remember just being like, and they don't pick up on the hints when you're flinching.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, ah ah, they didn't pick up on it. I don't know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds like he's enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember them wolf walk passing was looking at me.
Speaker 4: I was like, it's like, well, I mean, look, I always love a message. I think if you've been someone who's frequented Bali or Thailand, you know how cheap their massages can be there. It's like twenty dollars for an hour massage, or even fifteen dollars for an hour massage.
Speaker 2: We got one in Bali at the pool at the beach club next to the pool. An hour is a long time when you're sitting by the pool.
Speaker 1: I feel while like everyone else is at the pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cut it short.
Speaker 1: You cut it short.
Speaker 4: Well, you're not in air conn Like I feel like if I'm having a massage, I need to be an air con. I need to be I need that real zen music like chimes.
Speaker 2: We did have a nice couples one in the Mold Lives. That was a nice one.
Speaker 4: Well, look this is your sign to go and treat yourself get a massage.
Speaker 1: Like I just did feel the zen.
Speaker 2: I even showed my mate.
Speaker 3: I was like, he's like, what are you doing waiting for waiting for to get a massage?
Speaker 2: And we walked up to the door and uppointed.
Speaker 4: You know, he started taking photos of me like this is not a friendowship, move away.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you can post one of them on our Facebook. I will put Facebook group for everyone.
Speaker 4: Should we get into our episode, let's do it, okay, Matt. We are asking the burning questions of our audience. We put up a question box on social media and we got a huge response with lots and lots of different questions. So our producer has put together a list of his favorites. So do you want to take it away?
Speaker 2: The first one is I've got a bit of a.
Speaker 3: Her first question is favorite memory of one another. It's your favorite memory.
Speaker 4: I think I have two favorite memories. The first one is from ages ago when we had just gotten off of Love Island and we were flying together because we were both from Melbourne and we had a night flight and it was the first time that we got to chat and talk without being recorded like we didn't have.
Speaker 1: We wen't miked. We had all this time on the plane.
Speaker 2: I remember that I was.
Speaker 1: Having a couple of red wines. We got drunk because we couldn't get drunk in the villa.
Speaker 3: We only led one and one spill set all over your trackies.
Speaker 4: I still red wine all over my tracks, but then luckily had a new outfit and it was just fun. It was nice to just debrief and have a proper chat that you knew we played.
Speaker 2: And we could actually tell each other stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stuff that Oh my god, do you still have.
Speaker 2: I have a photo of us on the plane and that's before we bought it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: I'll post them as well on the Facebook page.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 2: That's your photo of me when I call.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I feel like in that memory. Then actually arriving back at Melbourne and both of our parents were hanging out together and like all excited to see nice.
Speaker 2: Each other from the video calls, yeah.
Speaker 1: Knew each other were Yeah.
Speaker 4: So that was really nice and it was like very it was just wholesome and it was nice.
Speaker 1: That's my first one.
Speaker 2: I'd say that's probably one of my favorite memories as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then the second favorite memory would have to be you and Tammy coming to my wedding. I think it's hard as well, because we work together. We're always podcast focused, Like when we're talking, we're like what are we doing on the podcast?
Speaker 1: And like what's what are we like? We're just always talking work.
Speaker 2: I think as well, it's hard as well. When I live in a different state.
Speaker 1: It's hard. Yeah, like you live in a different state as well.
Speaker 4: Business Like I'm manic at the moment.
Speaker 1: I'm just like trying to get everything done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so I feel like we don't really socialize as much as we used to.
Speaker 1: Like we used to socialize. We used to on like.
Speaker 4: Double dates with people and like we did all like fun stuff, but we don't really do that anymore. So I think having you guys at the wedding was a lot of fun. And then specifically we had a really special day at Canal More where we all got four wheelers I think, and drove for an hour or two hours cod bikes and yeah, drove there and.
Speaker 2: That was a good eyed day.
Speaker 1: It was such a good.
Speaker 4: Day, swam in the canal, made out with our part in those waves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the waves.
Speaker 2: It was just fun for all.
Speaker 3: Spritz Is at that restaurant now has a great day. That's probably one of some of my fondest memories on that. I do agree. Like, remember we went to that old Melbourne jail and we were like, we don't do anything like this anymore. Yeah, like we don't hang out like friends.
Speaker 1: But even that we wouldn't know we were friends, but even like that day, like that was for the podcast, but like you said, like yeah, we were like, oh, we're not in the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not hanging out. I don't really go places.
Speaker 1: Or stuff, like we talk on the phone all the time every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like it's different anyway, but your favorite memory.
Speaker 1: You can't coffee.
Speaker 2: We're on a time limit here. You can't think only anything on the spot. Let me think of something or anything.
Speaker 3: Probably, I know that you'll disagree, but probably doing the live shows together, yeah, I know they were like people don't realize that and and me have two different styles of rehearsing to say the least, say the least total opposite ends of the statrum on that.
Speaker 4: I think that's why the podcast works, Like if we were the same type of person, it didn't work, Like we are so different, just just.
Speaker 3: To clarify, and one wants to rehearse it so she knows and feels comfortable, whereas I just want to go out.
Speaker 1: But Matt, if people.
Speaker 2: Weren't paid, let's not argument here.
Speaker 4: If he's paying to see a live show, we need to rehearse. We need to know what our cues are.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm very like I need to know exactly what's happening because of wrestling.
Speaker 3: I would go out and i'd have my cues and i'd know dot points. I wouldn't have to know it off by heart, and I'd feel more.
Speaker 1: But I wasn't learning a script either, Like I.
Speaker 2: One day we'll do another live show and people will understand the beef before we walk.
Speaker 1: Make us do another live show, please.
Speaker 3: But that's why we're hesitant to do another one, because the backstage beef.
Speaker 2: But the whole thing was fun doing it.
Speaker 1: All the backstage beef. And she's like, you know, I'm going to want to rehearse, and you convince me to do a live show and then I'm like, okay, we need to rehearse, and you're like, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Still remember going over it in the Brisbane hotel.
Speaker 1: And I was just so you were such a dick.
Speaker 3: I know, I made that out of my own room.
Speaker 4: Room and me and Ever just left there like twiddling our thumbs, like cool, oh yeah, we can't do another life show.
Speaker 1: This wasn't your worst memory of.
Speaker 2: The whole Yeah. The whole thing though, was fun.
Speaker 4: When we actually like do it and it comes together. I think it's so fun. Yeah, okay. Next question is have you guys ever had psychotherapy and if yes.
Speaker 1: How was your experience.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: I don't know what psychotherapy. I've had therapy.
Speaker 2: I've had a lot of therapy.
Speaker 1: Therapy.
Speaker 3: So Blake producer just clarified that psychotherapy is just therapy. Yeah, so I've done a lot of therapy. When this episode was recorded, like irapy the other day, looked in next week. Yeah, I recommend it. I don't think there's anything wrong with going therapy. I've seen people comment I think that there is no weakness in going to therapy. I think there's weakness in bagging someone for going to therapy.
Speaker 1: I think there's weakness in not going to therapy when you need to go.
Speaker 4: I think it's about self awareness, so right, Like, if you're struggling with something.
Speaker 3: Therapy doesn't always mean a bad thing either, though, It's like, could honestly just go to someone to talk to a professional you don't want to talk like I mean, sometimes you don't want to talk to your family or your friends about stuff, Like sometimes you just want to go to an impartial, mutual person.
Speaker 1: And get like a very professional and professional opinion. Yeah, for sure, I agree.
Speaker 3: I recommend it to everyone and there is no shame or anything wrong with going to therapy.
Speaker 4: Okay, next question, any bts Love Island goss something that you've never shared about the show before, Matthew, No.
Speaker 2: I don't know what would there be? What do you have? Oh?
Speaker 4: Like, so obviously when you're on Love Island. This is so funny that they're Love Island related. I haven't even thought about Love Island for so long, but you have like one dark day a week. And before going to Fiji, my dad like he's big on like cash money, so he was like, just like if you're going to like a different country, so he'll be like you need to have you know, but if you're going to Thailand or whatever it is, whatever currency. So because I was going to Fiji that's where we filmed Love Island, he was like, here's a hundred of whatever their currency was, and I was like, I'm not going to need this.
Speaker 1: I'm not like I don't need it, and he's like, just take it just in case. You never know when you're going to need like cash money.
Speaker 4: So anyway, going into Love Island, they take your passport away from you.
Speaker 1: They take your wallet, they take everything.
Speaker 2: But I actually got in trouble because I brought my laptop. I didn't realize you weren't like to bring a laptop.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you couldn't realize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I got in trouble.
Speaker 3: I wanted to watch pre your Seasons of Love Alan before I went on, so I hadn't seen anything.
Speaker 2: And they're absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Oh, they wouldn't let you know.
Speaker 3: They're likeful because we were getting advertised on nine now. Yeah, so they said that's why my chaperone said no, because they're advertising you. At the moment, I wonder what that looks like.
Speaker 2: I wonder what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just saw myself a chef. Anyway, when we had these dark days we would have, we would.
Speaker 4: Get allowed to do like beauty treatments for the girls. So I was like, oh, I'm going to go get my eyebrows done, and so then you're away from like your chaperones, because the chaperones would like take you into like a beauty salon and people would go get whatevery treatment. So I was like, I'm gonna get my eyebrows done.
Speaker 2: Actually two days, what's that up? Us two days a week. Oh was that yeah, so one day, yeah it was two days a week.
Speaker 1: It's like one and a half. Yeah, behalf wasn't really because you were filming by the night. But yeah, I get what you mean.
Speaker 5: Anyway, regardless, back to mysel because I was just thinking about things were and like one day you'd go gym and the next day you'd go to like a restaurant or something. Yeah, yeah, got you and one day would stay at the room and you guys would.
Speaker 4: Go Yeah, anyway, this is like the longest story ever.
Speaker 1: I'm really not getting to the point. Fass.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I when got my eyebrows done, even though I didn't need to get my eyebrows done, and went into the room with the Fijian woman, and I was like, I actually don't want my eyebrows done, but if I had my wallet, and I was like, I'll give you this like twenty Fijian dollars or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, if you can like give me your phone just.
Speaker 3: On that they take your wallet off you and we give it back to you on those days goodbye stuff.
Speaker 4: Because then yeah, yeah, so I had my wallet, so I had the money, and then I was like and don't tell anyone out there, like don't tell her, and like you can't go out there because then she'll know you're not doing my eyebrows, so you have to like hide and then she yeah, And I was like, I'll still pay for the treatment out there, but I'm going to give you this money.
Speaker 1: So I was like bribing her.
Speaker 4: And then I went on like her Instagram, so this like Fijie woman's Instagram, and tried to like message my mom.
Speaker 1: They never got back to me. I was just staring at this like Instagram page because I was like, surely they're get a message me back, and they never did.
Speaker 3: I've got I don't I remember, Like I don't know, like after challenges, how they wouldn't let you speak to each other and like they're standing us away from each other.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that sort of stuff, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because they wouldn't want any any of.
Speaker 3: The fallout in literally stare at walls and ship. Also, I remember, because obviously we knew each other before we went on the show. I didn't know how to pronounce your last name. Do you remember me calling you that the wrong last name? One night one of the first nights were in there.
Speaker 1: Not really what did you think it was?
Speaker 2: I can't remember now. How did macavoy? I pronounced it wrong, mcfoy and I said.
Speaker 3: McVoy McVoy, yeah, McVoy.
Speaker 1: How did you find becoming a stepfather? Matt?
Speaker 3: To be a stepdad to the kids, is I say, rewarding to have the honor and blessed to be in the position I am to be with the kids. I mean, I love all three of them, like me and Wolf get along like best buds. Sas me and Posy, I get along with them as well. It's just really rewarding. I mean, I never to be told that I would never have kids, and then to have an opportunity to not have my own, for say, but to have kids that they are owned like I'm raising them like they are is an honor.
Speaker 1: That's so cute, that's beautiful.
Speaker 3: I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents next week, and I am shitting myself. I'm so worried about them liking me, to the point I'm so scared to go.
Speaker 2: Do you have any advice? Yep, straight up be yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was gonna say that, don't show.
Speaker 2: Them any weakness.
Speaker 3: No, they don't be like not weakness, sorry, like, don't don't be shy, be confident, be yourself. Worry if you like them or not. That's not if they like you or not. Worry if you're gonna like this on a day. It's the same mentality to go in with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say my advice is definitely to be yourself. Don't try to be someone you're not. When I meet parents, I try to be the most respectful version of myself.
Speaker 1: So I'm not going to be swearing. I'm not going to be.
Speaker 4: Like obnoxiously loud, I'm not going to be getting drunk like. I'm going to try to remain super respectful. But in the same breath, just be. You don't need to try too hard. I think sometimes people can also feel it when you're trying too hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, you know yourself, just like be you like, start conversations and apologetically read the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ask about their life as well, you know, even if you even like or don't whatever.
Speaker 2: I do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, next question, what is the hardest part about working together, apart from.
Speaker 2: Our different styles of life showing? I think really, I mean, we haven't had an argument in ages. Ages you need to argue about stuff.
Speaker 4: I think like we are such different peace and I think, like you know, we've had.
Speaker 1: To really make it.
Speaker 4: I think we've had to kind of learn to deal with each other and like you know, we're so different and managing certain situations and bringing different things to the table.
Speaker 1: But I think you're right. Like when we first started the podcast.
Speaker 4: We used to argue all the time, like you used to really get onto my scene.
Speaker 3: I did a podcast there and I said, this week we once rocked up to a recording and we.
Speaker 2: Hadn't spoken together for a week.
Speaker 1: Blake was there.
Speaker 4: That was a different one when yeah, yeah, Blake, that was bad. That will we actually said that will never happen again. We literally got to the podcast hadn't spoken and then we started having an argument pre podcast and Blake Owt produces Like.
Speaker 1: I was like, we should go.
Speaker 2: Do we record that day? Did we end up recording? No, we didn't record.
Speaker 4: That was the only time we've never recorded and came in happened once and never again.
Speaker 1: It's a good lesson. I feel like it was a lesson we needed to learn.
Speaker 2: I swear we tried to didn't win.
Speaker 1: You've grown up a lot, like I feel like you used to be like quite a bit more annoying.
Speaker 2: I'm not touch on that.
Speaker 1: Let's let's not restart f let's not in.
Speaker 2: Front of everyone. What is the baby's first name?
Speaker 1: You just made that up? That was on the list.
Speaker 2: Would you both do reality TV again? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure you would.
Speaker 2: Yeah you wouldn't. I wouldn't I do something like go on the jungle, do something.
Speaker 1: You've always wanted to do. I'm a celebrity, get me out of here.
Speaker 2: Like a challenge something like that. Do Amazing race.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were going to do the Amazing Grace Together one.
Speaker 2: That'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Like look, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I'm just focus like at the moment very much on like family and then obviously Goldie b. Yeah, we have like so many more products coming out, and there's just such exciting things happening behind the scenes. So I think that's where my focus is.
Speaker 3: The trouble with reality TV now is it's like, would you really put yourself through it again?
Speaker 4: That's the thing, and like you just never know. And I know that people hate to hear this, but like you never know what edit you're gonna get, especially a character like you, Matt, Like you're quite polarizing at the best of show and like, I would just I would hate for you to go on a TV show and just get like a fucking weird edit.
Speaker 3: Yeah I said this to Tammy actually because she gets offers all the time, and I said, you don't need to. I was like, you control your narrative outside of it, don't go on and let.
Speaker 2: Someone else control it. I was like, totally not worth it for you.
Speaker 4: I mean, if I'm a celebrity came to you tomorrow and said it will give you one hundred k to eat some bugs and sleep in the forest.
Speaker 2: I've done a lot worse for a lot.
Speaker 4: It's your favorite line, you know, Like there's no amount of money that anyone could offer me to go and I'm a celebrity, to get me out if you ever. Like, my mum asked me to go and put covers on their outdoor couches because they're away currently. And there was a cockroach, one singular cockroach, And that night I literally had dreams that bugs were like coming out of my gums and I was pulling them out and I.
Speaker 1: Was like stressed out.
Speaker 4: It was actually I don't know if it was like a pregnancy related things. I've never had a dream like that before.
Speaker 1: It's so fucked. But that's just for me seeing one cockroach.
Speaker 2: Like what that dream means?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, probably like something anxiety wise makes. I think, probably a bit of sense with the baby coming. But yeah, I'm just terrified of all bugs critters Like this is.
Speaker 3: So am I producers listening bugs give me the heavies.
Speaker 1: You surely are afraid of bugs.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm tetra cover me in bugs. Good No, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you deserve what's coming to you then if you're on that show. The thing about that show is I feel like people who go on actually can handle bugs.
Speaker 4: I don't know, like like someone like me could never because survivor absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Okay, this one I think is for you. Go for it.
Speaker 3: I'm turning thirty next month and I can't stop feeling scared and sad say goodbye to my twenties. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I think it's normal to feel sad to say goodbye to anything, whether that be a person, whether that be.
Speaker 4: You know, an era of your life. Being in your twenties is so fun, right, people.
Speaker 2: Think about this. I don't think like this at all.
Speaker 4: But it is sad, like there was a part of me when I was turning thirty that was like, oh that's sad, Like I'm now out of my twenties and I'm entering into this new era and I think I.
Speaker 2: Don't think like that, Like I'm turning thirties in a couple of months, and I don't you excited? Yeah, I'm excited. I hear the thirties is the best year of your life.
Speaker 1: Well everyone says that.
Speaker 4: Now everyone's saying the forties because everyone's getting older, and soon it will be the fifties. And I think you make like life is what you make it right, you make decisions to be around good people.
Speaker 3: I think the thirties is where it's like because they used to say I heard that Mel Robins say that she wish if someone said to her twenties to like quit her job.
Speaker 2: Do you watch that? Break do all this sort.
Speaker 3: Of so iran, it's your thirties, now just go have fuck like you know what I mean, do what you want to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's I think I and you we thrive on change.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I think the thought of being in a new decade is exciting because it's like, well, I don't know, by the end of my twenties, I really felt like I've done everything in my twenties that I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: I really felt like I ticked that box.
Speaker 4: Not everyone feels that way, and then they feel like, oh my god, I still need to do ABCD, like obviously there's always more things that we can all do. But yeah, I think transitioning into thirties and getting excited about what that decade has to offer is my advice. If you're about to turn thirty and being thirty is exciting, like, throw a party.
Speaker 1: Have fun, celebrate how.
Speaker 4: Good your twenties were, but how amazing your thirties are about to be.
Speaker 2: How do you guys deal with trolling an online hate.
Speaker 4: I would say it depends on my mood. I would say I'm either going to ignore it and just be like whatever, ignore, thank you for the engagement. I'm either going to block them if they've said something that's really like pissed me off, or I'm going to call it out, especially with like the mum shaming type of things, like it really just grinds my gears and I think like, I like take back my power or I feel like I can take back my power. And post it and be like this is not okay. Don't mum shame me, don't.
Speaker 1: Say this to me.
Speaker 4: And I feel like the response that I get from people is like good, like you should call them out like that's not okay.
Speaker 3: I don't give them any time of day. If you want to bring someone down and that brings you comfort, you are the sad person.
Speaker 2: You need to help.
Speaker 4: I also think like it says a lot about trolls because the majority of the people who troll me, like I would say ninety five percent, are too cowardice to show their face with their comment.
Speaker 2: So if you're doing it off a burner account, you're a coward.
Speaker 1: Such a coward, like literally.
Speaker 2: Like message me off your actual account.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, if you genuinely have a comment to say, put your face to it and stand by it. And you know my face is to my account, So let's see your face and then let's see how bullsy you are. Oh, I guess ninety nine percent of the people wouldn't be that ballsy.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's how I do with trolling. Okay.
Speaker 4: Did married life feel different to being in a relationship for both of you with your partners?
Speaker 2: No? No, not at all.
Speaker 1: No, no.
Speaker 4: I think for me, I'm going to say no. But I feel like after getting married, I did feel a deeper level of commitment to Michael. Not that I wasn't already committed to him, but it was just the fact that we have made this commitment in front of our friends and family. It made me feel really secure in the relationship and it just made me feel like very comforted in knowing that he's always going to be there and excited for our future and like what was to come at the time. So yeah, it definitely gave me different feelings of like security with.
Speaker 2: Him and are you ready to be a mum?
Speaker 4: I am ready to be a mom. I'm so excited to be a mom. Oh there's a feather flying outside. I feel like that's good luck. I feel like I always see white feathers and it just means like something positive or good luck.
Speaker 1: It's good luck you missed it.
Speaker 4: I think it's something that's really exciting to me, also really terrifying, just like not knowing how I'm gonna deal with lack of sleep. I'm getting eight hours of I was before pregnancy and getting eight hours of uninterrupted sleep, and that's how I work best. During the day, and I just think it's going to be a bit of a change. I don't know if anyone is ever ready to become a parent until you actually have a child there in front of you that you have to look after, because you can't prepare for that.
Speaker 2: And being a parent's about sacrifice.
Speaker 1: That's what you've learned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I am, and I think that Michael and I both have a really good support system around us. So obviously we do have our business, and you know, there are gonna be work things that we're gonna have to go to. Obviously we have that podcast, Like, there's lots going on work wise, and I want to dedicate as much time to our baby as possible, but I know that if there is work related things that I'm going to have to do that I do have my parents and Michael's parents, and like they're you know, super flexible and just so accommodating and lovely about potentially being able to look after the baby if we needed to do anything work related.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I saw, but.
Speaker 3: I saw one that didn't make the list. What would you have called if it was a daughter the child?
Speaker 4: If it was a daughter, Well, I can't say that because that would be giving away my daughter name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Final question, do you ever struggle navigating your friendship but also working together.
Speaker 2: I think we.
Speaker 3: Touched on that earlier that I feel like we found the balance in the start there we argued a lot. Yeah, but I think we've gotten better now and I think as well, I'd like to do more friends stuff, not work stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, that would be nice. You can come babysit the baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, I've changed changed diapers.
Speaker 2: I've done it, so I.
Speaker 1: Don't know how to change dic the hard part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't think I could do it. But it's not. It's not hard.
Speaker 1: Just get used to it, get.
Speaker 2: Used to it.
Speaker 1: It's just normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was That was one of the bigger ones for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: I think that our friendship over the years has become a lot stronger, and I think that we have worked out how to deal with each other.
Speaker 3: Also, I think that we both keep it raw with each other, and I know you tell me the truth and how it is, and I don't think we ever. I think we have enough trust in each other to know that we want the best option for each other. And totally the podcast, I don't I think that like you're not going to make a decision or I'm not that's gonna jeopardize anything between us. And that's something that is invaluable that we have that, So like I think that that's a good base for the trust.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we definitely have like that strong like business relationship kind of like what you're saying. But yeah, I think maybe I can be a bit too brutally honest with you sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of time. It's good though, it's refreshing. I need it. I don't stuff at some time. Called presently you have been very rutely.
Speaker 4: Honest, very really straight to the point you're like, geez, tell me what you really think.
Speaker 2: I did hang out the other day, don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you call back pretty quickly normally normally like us three years ago, we wouldn't have spoke for the week and apologized.
Speaker 2: I straight up apologized. I said, yeah, right, you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to hear that at the moment.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, we hope that you guys enjoyed listening to this episode answering all of your burning questions. Make sure you stay following Where's your Head at pod on Socials and until next time, Matt, bye bye,