Speaker 1: Apogee Production. Welcome back to another episode. Am I a bad Mum podcast? We're on socials as well. I want to say socials.
Speaker 2: We say socials. One is active, like quite active. Like when I say active, someone is actually physically posting stuff, and usually you memes and Facebook. I really don't. I'm really sorry, Danny. Our listeners that you know join us on Facebook. I think that was yours, but your Facebook got hacked out.
Speaker 1: My Facebook got hacked, and then and my email got hacked. So Facebook was sending me emails saying you're breaching our codes.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we're doing.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they were doing with it. And then they shut it down. And then can you get hold of meta to try and get that back?
Speaker 2: I can't know.
Speaker 1: It's not interested.
Speaker 2: But I have to say thank you, Katie for that happening, you know, for you, because no disrespect to this particular website that I'm going to name, but you said that your account got hacked after going online to Timu or whatever it's called and buying stuff. Literally, your account was hacked right not long after your face just Facebook. Yep. So then my daughter comes home. I don't know a couple of nights ago and says, Mum, I really want to get some stuff off Timo. I was like, oh, sorry, can't. Why because Katie's got hacked. All of our accounts got hacked and she doesn't have it anymore. So I'm really sorry. I just can't shop there.
Speaker 1: I haven't learned my lesson though, right, Amelia said the other day she went, oh my god, Mom, I'm going to get all this free stuff from Timmy. And I was like, there's no such thing is free, Like I want to hear that. And I think she had to put in a few people's email addresses. I put in the email address that had already been hacked that I don't really care about because I don't really the hackers.
Speaker 2: We will go on and light see nope, use that one already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she did and we got knock on the door, went out, there was a pass all and she got all this free stuff for putting on those email addresses. So God help those people whose emails she put down, because.
Speaker 2: Am I a bad mum for ignoring the signs. This is just really lighthearted because it's just been of recent. When I was a kid, we always went on family holidays and we would be in the car for like days. Did you ever go on family holidays of sitting in a calf days on end? So like you drive to your destination, but like my parents were like destination, yeah, Like let's leave Adelaide and drive to Townsville. Why why? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And you be sitting in the back playing Norts and Crosses.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No screens at that point. I'm not from that travel board games.
Speaker 1: You'd get those all travel Connect four and stuffing like that, or taking the car.
Speaker 2: We had like at one stage, you know, we had the cassette players that we might have listened to or discman or things like that, but there was no like watching screens. I was not a huge reader either in the car. I got to a certain age, which happens to be Elsie's age currently, so nine, and then all of a sudden, anytime I sat in the back of a car, I was violently ill, bloody cassick. You know how when you have kids, you're like, fuck, I hope neither of them take on that, because I don't know how Mum did it. Mum and Dad would drive and just go here, have a bucket, and you just had to sit there in the car driving from Adelaide to Townsville with a bucket because you'll be fine, just be sick in the bucket and then put it.
Speaker 1: What is that. It's funny because my girls are starting to read their stuff about getting driving licenses. Yeah, so reading about what the road rules are and things like that. And Holly said to me yesterday, Mum, you know that when you're on the motorway you should never pull over into the emergency lane. It's really dangerous, Like it's literally just for emergency emergency. Oh well, the amount of times we pulled over on the way to dream Well so that you two could have a WII.
Speaker 2: They're like, what, I owed my bum on the middle of the highway. Yeah, and you didn't care. Yeah. See, we did all of that as kids. We would have to bush on the way because you know, as you do in a car trip, you have to wee every second you leave a town rather than actually going last about the service station. But now I'm tackling the idea that Elsie is picking up a little bit of this because there's been a couple of occasions, not in my car, not with me, driving with others. I don't think I give her the opportunity to. But she comes home and she's white as a ghost since she like the other day, she came home from being out with some friends and she's just so silent about it, and I thought, oh gosh, something's up, and I just thought she was off with something else. Anyway, she goes, hi, I'm fine, didn't want to hug for me, didn't want anything, which is unlike this child of mine, goes straight up to the bedroom, just disappears for five minutes. And I thought, I'm just gonna let her cool ed jet and then I'll go and check on her. So I'm not fussing. But I was just like, I'm just gonna let her have some time, then I'll go and check on her. Anyway, let's just say five to ten minutes after, I just get this like singing out mom, and I was like, oh gosh, got up there. You just don't feel very well. It started when we were getting it, like she was in the back seat of somebody else's car. But because she was in someone else's car, she was really embarrassed. Oh. I just didn't to say anything. I was like, oh no, because I just need a hug. I just don't know how I feel and I was like, let me get you a glass of bubbly water. I said it all. I wondered what you can sell that. Let me get bubbles.
Speaker 1: Let me get your glass of bubbles.
Speaker 2: Geez, there will be some good times.
Speaker 1: He honestly doesn't help. I got seasick on a boat recently and I said to the guy, I'm really not feeling good and we've taken drinks on the board. I said, you're going to selt some might help, and he went, are the alcoholic? I went yeah, and he went absolutely.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, why?
Speaker 1: And I did feel better.
Speaker 2: That's the last thing I think about. We went on your birthday. Remember we went on the boat for your birthday, and I remember saying to you, Oh, I love you. I really want to come, but I'm not a big boat fan. I get really seasick and You're like, oh, I just come mate. I was like, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I said, oh, just come, And when you are coming.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh no. And in my head I'm already envisaging myself like over the side of the boat, You'll just be lolling for your birthday and I'll be vomitron off the side. But yeah, see what about that you didn't feel sick. She's fine, I think because I was.
Speaker 1: You were drinking, and it was so windy that day was so.
Speaker 2: Windy, so windy, And then what did you say? Yep, just extend it by another three hours? I thought, Oh my gosh, I think maybe it was an hour, but it was an extra hour onset.
Speaker 1: Everyone was drunk by then there was no one not because of the boat anyway.
Speaker 2: They couldn't walk, and after they got off the boat. But that's the moral of the story. Then, well, I don't know what to do, Katie. You're the one that comes up with the solutions to my problem. I'm not giving my daughter a selza, she's nine, So come up with something else. I can't have someone bombit in my car. No, I don't have anyone to charge eighty dollars for a cleaning fee if someone vomits in my car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Captain a sudden, it's gone from beautiful, caring mom to I don't want to vomit in my car.
Speaker 2: You just told me to give my nine year old selsa. I don't know what to do. Ask me for a solution. Actually, speaking of solutions, someone did come up to me on the street on the street and told me that they used your handy solution the other day. I was like thinking, thinking, what, No, that's not me, that's Katie. Katie always has a solution. They said, oh, we used the stapler on a hem. I was like, Oh, that was definitely Katie was.
Speaker 1: The old staple at the school hem because you can't sew it. I'm so glad someone used that.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm trying to think back where I was and it was just like, oh, and I'm thinking, I'm not the one on the podcast that comes up with solutions that's been you. The talck on powder on your legs when you've got sand on your legs after.
Speaker 1: The beach, the sand comes straight off.
Speaker 2: Never never do I carry talk about it like a little book. That's your thing. It's like those moments that you just need that solution.
Speaker 1: Yes see seltzer for your nine year old before she goes.
Speaker 2: In the car. No one is getting cassick. Why because they're all pissed you