Speaker 1: Bit of a gear change on the show. Overnight, we got news through that football legend Robert Walls had passed away and out Robert Walls by way of background, seventy four years of age. He was He was a triple premiership player with the Blues. He was also a premiership coach. Some of the tributes have been rolling in really really special because I'd met him quite a few times. Just what was your interactions like just a gentleman. And one of the quotes, one of the quotes I loved was he was epitome of a beautiful man. That's how he was remembered, just really really lovely. Here are some more tributes. It was pretty emotional, so you know, you know a person you respect, you know come out so honestly and very bravely. He didn't want to die an invalid and he didn't want to die in Pelly Live care. He is a genuine hard ass and really taught about professionalism and work ethic.
Speaker 2: His an icon hadcome an icon of football.
Speaker 1: So just some of the tributes there, Mike she In, David Yes, Jones, John Nichols, Michael Voss as well. One of those tributes was from Mike Sheen, who spoke about his battle. Robert Walls was battling cancer. He'd battled cancer and been in and out of hospital for near on eighteen months, but he'd had enough, and through Victoria's assisted dying legislation euthanasia, he decided that enough was enough and he wanted to He wanted to end it all, which is quite an extraordinary decision to make with family, Jays. It's clearly a very emotional journey he's been on.
Speaker 2: I was reading some comments online. Some people were voicing, you know, their negative thoughts towards it, and look, everyone's allowed their opinion, but I don't think you can fully understand the situation unless you've had a front row seat to someone experience that. Yeah, Abs, And I remember when my mom passed away. It was very different when my dad passed away. You know, my mum was in extreme pain at the end, and I will never forget hearing her howling in pain and just wanting it to be over. And you know that was up in Queensland. We never had this conversation and I just yeah, when I've seen the negative comments, I'm like, you know, like I said, everyone's allowed their opinion, but I just don't think you fully understand it until you've seen it firsthand.
Speaker 1: Like sorry, Lauren, I was just going to say, I guess I understand people voicing those opinions. You know, people argue they don't have the right to play god, but people do have the right to die with dignity.
Speaker 3: I couldn't agree more, Clint. And I also think when it comes to things like this, it's so deeply personal it's actually not up to anyone else to have an opinion on it besides the person who's being affected and and those in in a sanctum. And I send so much love to his family. It's obviously an incredibly difficult time for them as well, and they should absolutely not be having to deal with anybody else's opinion on something like this. Robert Wolves was a terrific bloke. He was very very well loved obviously in the AFL community and in the public, and I can't imagine what his family and friends are going through right now. But it's always it's always sad when you lose someone that it was his nikon of the AFL.
Speaker 1: Right, Clint, absolutely, I mean a premiership player, premiership coach, but also just beloved in football circles, but also as a Melbournie as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, surely they'll do something this week.
Speaker 1: All the Blues are playing tonight at the SCG, and I dare say they'll all be wearing black armbands for the great man that was Robert Walls. It's what wolves he wanted, that's the way he wanted to go out. He was done and as I mentioned before, he's done it with dignity.
Speaker 2: We just want to see our love and thoughts to his family and everyone in that community. It is just gone twenty seven past seven.
Speaker 3: Neiverver