Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your Head At? Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea to Where's Your Head At pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm Anna and I'm Matt. Let's jump in. Hello Matt, Hello.
Speaker 2: Anna, Welcome to another Where's Your Head Out? Hotline episode.
Speaker 1: Hello. We were in a really good mood this morning. We came in, we skipped into the studio. I got us coffees. Oh don't and instead of getting an.
Speaker 2: Oat laste, what did you order an oat latte?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I got us both oat lastes. Mine's a strong oat laste. Yours a normal oat latte, and it's full cream milk. And if you know, there's nothing worse than getting full cream milk when you don't drink it anymore?
Speaker 2: Anna, are you? I ran back out to my car to grab something. I had a coffee in my hand and I took a sip and I genuinely nearly threw it at the ground. I was like, for fuck's sake, Annah, I was in a good mood. You just shout on my day. No, it's fine, thank you for the coffee. I'm grateful. After we record this, I'm running straight back and getting a proper one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We have a big day today with work and we need a lot of coffees. I'm sorry the first one wasn't good. Hopefully the next one will be better.
Speaker 2: This is my second or coffee for the day. So the first song was actually right. What else has been going on? Anna? How you were on the phone and you had a bit of a disgruntled phone call as well? I saw before.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so I have been so random. But I want to get health insurance before the end of the year so that I go into twenty twenty three with health.
Speaker 2: Insurance to the eleventh hour.
Speaker 1: Literally, I've been on the public sister and nothing against it, but it's just not for me anymore. I just feel like I'm getting thrown from one hostel but all to the next, and you know, I'm a bit over it. So I'm like, if I have a baby in a year plus time, I want to be covered. Well, you have to be covered a year in advance. Oh okay, yeah, so you just have to, like, you know, pre plan Obviously. I have my Marina out now, I got it taken out, and so we're not trying for kids, but we just want to be covered just.
Speaker 2: Just in case that, like I said, the pullout game isn't as strong. Well, I've been on private health cover since for as long as I can remember. It was the one thing my dad was a real stickler for. He's had it since he was eighteen. The moment I turn eighteen, he said, you're off mine, get your own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's good. I've had private health insurance for a while. And then my parents were like, we're not going to pay for it anymore, and I was like, well, it looks like I'm not having it.
Speaker 2: Slowly everything starts going like your eat, your tags, you're like your fuel, and yeah, slowly the bills starts apply. I'm lucky enough and so grateful that my phone bill is still paid for.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: Absolutely spoiled by your mum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's actually dad, your dad. Sorry, Yeah, dad pays that. So I'm grateful. We always say thank you whenever he brings it up. Thanks, that's a bill I don't need.
Speaker 1: Oh my God very blessed Matt. Well, yeah, I was like calling there. I was calling Booper actually to see like how much their health insurance cost. I was actually looking at couple's health insurance and I reckon it's going to be six hundred dollars a month. So I was like, I need to shop around a week's let's see straight. That's got the calculator out.
Speaker 2: Now that's about right. Yeah, I paid seventy something for my annoy.
Speaker 1: It just seems exhausted. So anyway, I'm going to shop around, drop.
Speaker 2: Around, make sure you get the best deal. You don't want to get ripped off. But we're doing a New Year's Eve hotline here, so we've got some New Year's stories that we have coming in on our hotline. But what are you doing this New Year's Anna?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this New Year's I'm going to talkiy. As I've mentioned, I'm very excited, you know what. It started small, but now so many of my friends and even my brother is is he coming? Yeah, he's spending news even talky with us. So I'm actually getting really excited for it. But we realized I haven't planned anything, like We've just all got accommodation in turky spirit in true Anna spirit anyway, and then I looked up, like, what's the events like over New Year? And it's fully sold out. So at the pub in Torquay, the event that I was thinking we'd go to, has been fully sold out. So now we're all without plans.
Speaker 2: What would you throw your own party? Maybe at your house? It's still want to go to a pub, don't you?
Speaker 1: Well we have hotel rooms, so we all have our own individual hotel rooms. So I mean, I don't know, we might. I'm not sure the anything else.
Speaker 2: In Torquay that's running. We could go to jul half Fast too long from Torkiao. I think it's no.
Speaker 1: I think it would be okay. I think it would be like a fifteen to twenty minute drive. But then are you going to be able to get an uber on New Year's Eve? It's probably going to be triple all of those things to worry about, So I guess we're doing a bit of looking around last minute. So I guess my recommendation, although it's super last minute, is to if you want to do something on New Year's Eve, get something locked in, because there's nothing worse than on New Year's Eve and you see everyone getting up and around it. You know, you know there's going to be fireworks. It's a fun night. You know, you want to have a New Year's Eve kiss, and then you end up with no plans and you walk around the streets and you can't get in anywhere. I've been there once before and it was not a fun place to be. I was like, this is not it.
Speaker 2: Well, this is probably the wrong time to tell you what my plans are.
Speaker 1: Then what's your planet?
Speaker 2: I've got nothing planned. Yeah, I was literally just going to see what first thing that pops up on Like obviously I've got you know, I've got options.
Speaker 1: There's options, but you need to be prepared because you know, these parties fill up and then you know they do like a lock in type of scenario. Like it's like once you're in, you're not getting out and no one can get in, and you don't want to be left out on the street.
Speaker 2: Like me, I'm actually really happy with just staying in and like I don't twitdling, Like obviously the boys are talking about BTV. There's a couple of parties that I've been invited to. You've invited me to talk like that I've got options, but I find New Years a bit overrated. I'm not a big fan of it.
Speaker 1: You know what, I've had always like really planned my News Eve's and I've always had like the best New Years Eves ever, Like I've done beyond the Valley. I've done festivals, I've went to Sydney, I've like been overseas, had so much fun. But I don't know if anyone remembers this, and if you follow my social media then you will. But last New Year's Eve, Michael and I thought it would be a fabulous idea to go to time Land.
Speaker 2: So that that's a year ago.
Speaker 1: Now that's a year ago. How wild was.
Speaker 2: Too, because I remember talking to a New Year as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we basically arrived in Thailand two days before New Ye's Eve, thinking we're going to have this, you know, full moon party type of experience. It's been on my bucket list for a long time. And I got COVID on arrival and we got locked locked in doors for two weeks straight and it was a bit traumatic. So at this point I feel like anything.
Speaker 2: Could be better.
Speaker 1: Anything's going to be better than being locked in a room out in the street. I mean ideally not out on the street.
Speaker 2: But you know, well, I was thinking back to New Year's just talking about beyond the Valley and reminding me of when we went to be on the valley. So I reckon, what hey, how old you reckon? We were then?
Speaker 1: Fuck, we would have been like it was twenty four. I would have been twenty four three, twenty.
Speaker 2: Four, twenty one, yeah, round. So we'd obviously done a couple of jobs together, and we were at like the main stage area. I was absolutely on a good one. I was having the best time in my life.
Speaker 1: You were cooked, you were like sweating.
Speaker 2: I thought I was having the best time. It was like four pm as well, it'll still daytime was still live and you're just coming out of the tent. The tent yeah, And then I was like chatting to you, and I was like, fuck, I reckon, I'm a chance for this bird. And do you remember me messaging you because you just had your hair done and I was like, your hair looks nice. You left me on scene, to be fair, probably the best idea I didn't. It's not like I ended up pulling that night anyway.
Speaker 1: Thank you for clarifying that.
Speaker 2: But that brings me to my recommendation.
Speaker 1: Though there's so much one pack with that story, Like there's just so much onepack. I'd love to tell that story from my per that. I don't think you want me to Matt swiftly moving, What.
Speaker 2: Was what's your what's your perspective? This guy's fucking not well.
Speaker 1: Well I knew that you because I had seen you, and I knew you were staying. You were camping, but like, I'm not a camping type of person. So it's like a three day festival. And so we got a motel just outside of the festival, so we would.
Speaker 2: Like to have come back.
Speaker 1: So we were like, you know, we'd come in at about like five six o'clock looking fresh. So I literally had just arrived in there. I was probably too drinks deep. I was very sober. I was fresh today.
Speaker 2: I haven't slept its day three or day.
Speaker 1: I see that this like random model guy who I've done a couple of campaigns with absolutely on one sweating profusely sees me charges over.
Speaker 2: Probably, yeah, I probably haven't. I was in all sorts, you know, I was in fine form. Though I was in fine form, but I'm not I can't do that anymore. The boys want to go there again. And I'm like, there's no way I'm rocking up to be on the valley camping yea, and just or even rocking up for one night and just like winging it, like I can't do that anymore, Like yeah, I couldn't think of anything worse if I'm not going to lie like I'd love to go there, but camping and winging it.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like I'm all for going. I'd love rolling in at six leaving it one Yeah, great time. Sometime I'm sleeping in a bed, having a shower, feeling clean.
Speaker 2: The camp thing. I'm too I reckon, I'm too old, now, you know what I say that. But fuck, if it was there and I was doing it the best time, I'd be having the best time. Well, my recommendation is pick up lines for New Years because I.
Speaker 1: This is good.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants a New Year's Eve kiss, all right, everyone wants that kiss. A lot of us are single. So how do you get that New Year's Eve kiss? Come to Matt. I've got the answers.
Speaker 1: He's here for you, guys.
Speaker 2: And it's not how your hair looks good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm ready to hear these. Matt let's help out our listeners.
Speaker 2: So I've got I've got a couple here. These are my favorite ones. If my right leg was Christmas and my left was New Year's would you like to spend some time between the holidays?
Speaker 1: That's actually a bit twisted and sick. Don't use that.
Speaker 2: If you wanted to kiss, my condom expires at the end of twenty twenty two. Do you want to help me use it?
Speaker 1: Why they're so like sexually disgusting?
Speaker 2: We want, you know, we want one thing. I know it's not midnight, but do you still want to kiss? That's pretty basic. The only fireworks I can see tonight are the ones in your panties.
Speaker 1: Ill man, I'm gonna stop you right here.
Speaker 2: These are you are the first thing? You are the first thing to do on my New Year's list?
Speaker 1: Are they so sexual based? Too much to hand?
Speaker 2: Why New Year's resolution is to be on top of things? Would you like to be one of them?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's enough. Okay, guys, let.
Speaker 2: Me know if any of these works have been my first mistake of the New year.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm really sorry about Matt right now. Something's happened with his brain that he thought this is a good idea.
Speaker 2: I've got a cute one. Excuse me, is it midnight? I check my watch, but I can't take my eyes off you.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine, that's cute.
Speaker 2: My resolution is to start making the first move. It's your lucky day. I'm available at midnight.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's got some good ones. Well fucking we'll give it to him.
Speaker 2: I guess we'll have to make New Year's Day our anniversary date. If we kiss. I've already gotten my new Year's resolution.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a cute one. I like that.
Speaker 2: I'd love for you to be the first good thing to happen to me in the new year. See, these are a lot more cute to Anna. You know you got to start off with the you know, are you twenty twenty three? Because you look like a new beginning to me.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's actually cute. If you guys said that to me, I'd be like, Okay, I see.
Speaker 2: You See they all don't have to be sexual.
Speaker 1: Well, they all started sexual.
Speaker 2: So I've got some good ones. Look, if you want any more, hit me up. You know, I'll post them on our Facebook page. Okay, guys, love that. I'll post them on there. So join the Facebook group and you can hear some of these great pickup lines that I have.
Speaker 1: So let's move on to the hotline right Hello, you've reached Anna and Nutt.
Speaker 2: We can't get to the phone right now, but.
Speaker 1: Please if it us a message on our hot line after the beep.
Speaker 2: Okay, So our first hot line comes in from anonymous. Let's see what these guys got up to on.
Speaker 3: New Year's Hi, Anna and Matt love the pod.
Speaker 4: So I got a pretty crazy New Year's Eve story for you. So on New Year's Eve, like three years ago, my boyfriend at the time asked me to do something kind of special or very special for him, and I was so proud because he had worked at the courage to ask me to peg him.
Speaker 5: I don't really you.
Speaker 4: Know, sex positive person really open to all that kind of stuff. So I was like, absolutely, babe, I will absolutely peg you.
Speaker 5: So obviously the New Years Eve, we're.
Speaker 4: At his place, but he lives with his parents. But you know how I sho had a big deal because they're at a party anyway. So we light some candles, we do some deep breathing and kind of ourselves in the headspace, get ourselves all, you know, hot and ready for it. Then we get going, so obviously it's just the beginning, so it's kind of getting started.
Speaker 3: So he's feeling good.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 3: But unbeknownst to us during this time, his parents have come home early from their party. And the way we find out is because his mum just came straight.
Speaker 5: To the knocking while I was mid thrust deem Son. So yeah, absolutely absolutely mortifying. We just kind of I don't even know, I've kind of blanked it out, I think.
Speaker 4: But his mom is so lovely and she was so embarrassed. She literally just like ran out the room. And then I did not step inside their house for another six months.
Speaker 1: So great start to the new year for us.
Speaker 2: What would you do if Michael's mum walked in when you're pegging him?
Speaker 1: Fuck, don't even ask you that question. I literally want to vomit. My skin is crawling from the embarrassment for her. That is fuck.
Speaker 2: That is fucked. I mean, as from the bloke's perspective, like you couldn't think of anything worse.
Speaker 1: Just clarify with me, because I feel like I know what pegging is. What I just need a clarification is pegging when a girl puts on a strap on and then fuck the guy from behind in the ass. Oh my god. The mom's probably like what to have a freaky shitty You two into what the fuck? I mean?
Speaker 2: Whatever floats your boat and I get to going, but fuck me, Like, imagine your mom walking.
Speaker 1: I actually don't think there's any coming back from that. Like, if that was me, I would be like to Michael, we have to break up, babe. Like, I can't ever look your parents in the eyes again.
Speaker 2: That's cook, that is cool. I don't even think I could look at my mom again in the eyes if you saw that. Like, I mean, I'm pretty open with my mom, you know what I mean. I tell mom everything, but you.
Speaker 1: Tell your mom literally everything.
Speaker 2: But I don't wanted to see me getting pegged.
Speaker 1: Would you ever be open to getting peggs?
Speaker 2: You know me? What do I always say?
Speaker 1: You would try everything?
Speaker 2: Try everything once?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Fair enough?
Speaker 2: Fuck it would be fair. I would have to be in the mood like the light some candles like she did. Yeah, pour a nice glass of red, warm it up, bite down on the ton team.
Speaker 1: I don't think I have it in me.
Speaker 2: You don't. Would you try it? No?
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 2: I think that if Michael was like, I want to take it to the next level, I know.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't, so I don't think it like it's hypathetically he does. Hypothetically, I think I would have to say no, I'd be like, sorry, babe, it's just it's not for me. Like each to the road and if that's something that you're comfortable trying, absolutely, and like, I respect the fact that you wanted to try it, but it's just not for me.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to our next caller is Jenna.
Speaker 1: That was a good story.
Speaker 6: Hey, Anna and Matt just wanted to tell you my little New Year's Eve story. So I just finished work for the season, finished like my first year out of school, and I decided to head to the coast with a few mates from home for a rodeo at the pub. We all had pre drinks that day and it was all really fun. We'd gone to the pub and watched the rodeo, which then all my friends had gone home early with their partners. Being single my first New Year's and eighteen, I was not ready to go home. So I had caught up with a male friend that I hadn't seen for Ash years and ended up going home together. However, when we left the pub, we were walking to his motel room and sat on the side of the road for a little bit as we could and find it. Little did we know his motel room was right across the road. When we got back to mine, we walked in, which one of our friends was awake and we had gone to bed. Before anything could happen, he had to leave and I quote, my friend is very drunk and is spewing everywhere, so I've got to go home. So I had just spent an hour with this guy on the side of the road and in the taxi to be then I suppose you could call it ghosted. Yeah, so spend all this time and even spent lost with this guy and then was ghosted because his friend was spewing. But I don't think that's what actually happened. I think he just didn't want to be there. Oh yeah, that's my New Year's Eve story.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really sad. Sorry that you didn't get laid on New Year's and get a hopefully she got a New Year's Eve kiss.
Speaker 1: That's a ship way to start the new year. Like you're like, you know what, I'm getting a bang, starting the year off with a bang, and then.
Speaker 2: Well you could look at it from a positive point of view, it's only up from there. That's so darkly up from there, you know.
Speaker 1: Thing, do you think that the friend Actually it sounds like a.
Speaker 2: Piss poor excuse from the bloke. He's like, what a beut you? Well, she was eighteen, so I reckon he's around the same age. Probably got he probably nervous. Look, the guy's probably nervous. He probably like, didn't know what to do. She said her friends were in the room with them. Probably go a little bit of stage fryer. Doesn't want to blow her back out in front of everyone, for fuck's sake. On fire, I'm in thet you know, I'm in the holiday spirit moment, all right. Our next caller is anonymous. Always get a little bit anxious. Say it every way you get an anxious. That's anonymous. You don't know what they're going to say. Who it's going to be. All right, let's get to it.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, So I saw your question about the wildest New Ye's Eve story, and I wanted to tell mine. So, when I was about fourteen, I was in Dubai with my family.
Speaker 1: It was New Ye's eve. We're all partying.
Speaker 7: We're at this restaurant and we're doing a traditional Arabic dance called the dep ky. We hold hands and you go around in the circle. I was next to my mum and this older man who's probably like in his thirties, was dancing, and he kept coming closer to me, and then out of nowhere, he's got this feather scarf. He wraps it around my neck and.
Speaker 8: Then my brother looks over starts freaking out, and he's like ready to fight this man and me, a little fourteen year old girl, I decided to push him.
Speaker 1: He fell to the floor. The floor was actually glass, but like it.
Speaker 7: Was see through glass so you could see underneath, and ended up shattering the cross.
Speaker 2: So that was my story.
Speaker 7: A thirty year old man tried to hit on me and dance with me, and I pushed him over and.
Speaker 1: Smashed the glass. But might I add it's in Dubai, of all.
Speaker 9: Places this happen, And true, that floor was really sturdy because the glass had smashed underneath it, so it was it was still fine, but you can literally see that it shattered and we didn't get kicked out the man actually got in trouble because he fell over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fell over. That is amazing.
Speaker 2: First of all, what a creep, Yeah, what.
Speaker 1: A creep going for a young fourteen year old girl.
Speaker 2: Fourteen's young, like fourteen. You can't even get away of saying they look eighteen.
Speaker 1: No, although some fourteen year olds do look a little bit older, but still it's not an excuse, not an excuse. I love it that the brother was just straight away like hell no, getting you.
Speaker 2: Old man, get away from My sister.
Speaker 1: Got a boss move by her to just be like no, push him away.
Speaker 2: She smashed the glass. So that's that's some pretty big force, unless he might have been pretty big and he tipped over.
Speaker 1: His hes been a big guy. Imagine hitting them with his feather bowers going in your imagination is the feather bowler like pink and girly. Yeah, but the silver bits on the end ground and it's gone everywhere.
Speaker 2: There's feathers everywhere.
Speaker 1: That's a bit clean up. Glass everywhere. Glass a bit of a hazard.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't get like, so what were they seeing through to the ground or.
Speaker 1: Was it like I feel like I have no idea, but you know, there's like floors that are like, really.
Speaker 2: I pictured you by I picture like it's a bi yeah, pent house or the glasses, Like there's water somehow in this like on the top floor underneath the glass, God knows how it's engineered.
Speaker 1: There's elephants.
Speaker 2: There's like a line of the corner. Hey, can I get an invite to that? Actually, that's my New years plans. I'm going there. That sounds fun.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Thanks for telling that story.
Speaker 2: Love that all right, guys, thanks for sending in your stories. We really appreciate it. We love hearing him and these hotlines can't happen without your stories.
Speaker 1: Make sure if you have any great stories, send them to Where's Your Head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured in one of our episodes. Our producer Alex will get in touch with you. We cannot wait to hear from you.
Speaker 2: Love hearing him.
Speaker 1: Guys, have an amazing New Years Eve, have an amazing New Year. We can't wait to see you in the new year. We have so much planned through twenty twenty three. We can't wait to share with you. And until next time, so bye.