Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gadigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and Elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right.
Speaker 2: Hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral.
Speaker 2: Plus we talk a lot about ourselves as well.
Speaker 1: Coming up on this episode.
Speaker 2: That's got a new Internet boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh I was going to say that you've exposed someone.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we do that too, but the internet boyfriend's more important. But yes, I do expose someone need in the industry pretty records. It's going to get me in a lot of trouble. I reckon it is.
Speaker 1: If you're going to have to listen, and I want to know if people know who you're talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't think I made it that obvious, But in the end, you've made your own bedsweeter. You can, you can fucking line shot.
Speaker 1: We need a bit of drama anyway, So I feel like it's about time we got caught up in a bit of the contriverst Yeah.
Speaker 2: Plus, Brittany has just discovered something that makes her sound so fucking dumb, and it has made me feel incredible.
Speaker 1: But I don't know everything after all, and I need to know, Like, surely I'm not the only one that he didn't know this, but someone in my position absolutely should have.
Speaker 2: Deal me and doel Let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matthew.
Speaker 2: He love love?
Speaker 1: What the fuck was that?
Speaker 2: I love?
Speaker 1: I love you sound like a forty year old smoke.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know what's going on because I'm not a smoker. I'm not even a vapor. I just need to like, what's going on? Is it winter? Is it? Am I just getting to that age where you start getting that Lasky gravelly voice, you know, bloody hell.
Speaker 1: Well, something that I forgot to talk about last week, which I absolutely should have because it was fresh in my mind. But not last week, but the week before or something like that. When I went to the Gold Coast. I went to like this three day business conference.
Speaker 2: Well, we couldn't talk about this because you'd fucking hit the car. You were too preoccupy with the run. Yeah, anyway, so you went to the Gold Coast.
Speaker 1: I went to the Gold Coast for this like three day business seminar conference workshop, vibe and in the night times because like these conference seminar fucking things, like they're sponsored by a lot of big companies. They like host events that the clients can then go to and so one of them was one business hosted a night at the Pink Flamingo Lounge on.
Speaker 2: The Gold Been there, yep, gorgeous so far.
Speaker 1: I absolutely loved it. And I'm like when I was there for context, like I'm sure us a lot of you have probably seen it because I remember when they first open, it was all over my TikTok and Instagram that they'd open. But it's like a cabaret, Like how would you describe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a cabaret theater.
Speaker 1: Club, but it's like a club as well.
Speaker 2: It looks like a nightclub, but they've got a stage with you know, they do some circus kind of performance that you're dancing a bit of drag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really cool. Like if you're on the Gold Coast or even in Brisbane and you haven't been there, shout out to them. You need to go.
Speaker 2: Oh it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: I loved it and when I was there. I was like, why don't we have anything like this innui, Like, of course we don't have something like that in Newcastle because we don't have anything cool like that. Yeah, but I absolutely I absolutely loved it. And so we had like the show and dinner and drinks and then like a dance floor just breaks out and we had high the whole place to ourselves like that, well not we like the company that was hosting it. So it wasn't like the public was in there. But I think maybe on like a regular day, like they have a show and then it turns into a bit of a club and then anyone.
Speaker 2: I don't know whether that when you said it turned into a dance for I was like, I don't know if that happens normally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it turned into just like a club, but it was just like all of us there, like there was no one from the public. But I'm not sure how it operates normally, But I think it might just be a club other times. I don't know, if it's a private function venue. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Did they have the guy at the door asking you questions and then saying the things in the show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a guy at the door, and he goes because we all had our name on the list and he was putting on like that funny accent. Yes, and he goes like, and what's your name? And I'm like, Britney Saunders. He goes, Oh, I thought it was Britney Bitch And it just cracked me ups.
Speaker 2: He's so funny. But then in the show did he then reference all of.
Speaker 1: The thing name?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, so that is like the coolest part. That was what made me so. I thought it was so spectacular. Apart from all the dancing and everything else, that's so fabulous. This guy is like the door.
Speaker 1: Person and like the host of the night kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like welcoming you into the venue and asking you what your name is, what you do for work, you know, looking at what you're wearing, maybe commenting on what you're wearing, blah blah, and then during the actual show he will which happens what forty minutes later? I don't know what happens because he's got no script. He must go backstage and figure it out.
Speaker 1: He for this show, they said things about like all the people that had organized it. So when I went in, like we weren't getting asked a lot of questions. But that's because in the show they referenced like the main people of the event, like the hosts, okay that had put on the night.
Speaker 2: So normally he'll just reference, like I remember when I went. He like pinpointed me at one point and he had asked where I was from, so he knew I was from Sydney, and then he asked, what hard to Sydney because I didn't think it was going to be part of the charmtown, and then where I live and everything. Then he's like set all of that on stage, which is fine, Like it was like hilarious everyone. I'll forget about this in a minute anyway, but like just the knowledge of you know, the callbacks and all the funny little nuances. Oh, I thought it.
Speaker 1: Was when you went did they bring out the coat rack?
Speaker 2: H I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe it's because like maybe you went and it was like summer, but we obviously went just now and so the weather was a little bit cool, so heaps people obviously went to the venue with coats on. Oh yeah, and as you went through and checked in, they must have had like a coat room, and so everyone took their coats off because it was warm inside the venue. And then for one part of the show, they brought out a big clothes rack with everyone's jacket on it that had like been you know, handed it in when they checked in. Then they did a whole little segment like judging everyone's jacket, but it is so I know, and then they pulled They're like, who's is this and they're like making jokes at like the fashion of everyone's jacket. Then they pulled that person up on the stage and make them put it on, and like then they put like like they put things in their pockets and pretended that the person so like they put I don't know if I can say this on the pot you can beep it out had it. But they put like a massive bag of coke in the someone's pocket and pulled it out. They're like, oh my god, what's that? But it was obviously fake. And then I think like another one they put like a dildo in the pocket and then they pulled that out. It was just so interactive and fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is so fun. And you know what, I literally like, if I had the money, that is something that I would I would take that idea and copy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so anyone doing like drag shows or anything out there, that is such a good idea and such a great way to interact with the audience. Obviously it's seasonal, you could only do it when people are wearing jackets and handing them in. But it was so fun and engaging, and so you probably feel the same. Matt like same if I ever go and see a musical or any kind of show on stage or even just like that. Yeah, And I always feel that inspired feeling, and I just like false sense of confidence. I feel like I could get up there with them and do exactly what they're doing, even though like I can't fucking spin upside down from a hul hoop. I genuinely think that I could, Like, well.
Speaker 2: I'll take you to flip Out and we'll start practicing the Pink Flamingo.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Done. So then I had a crazy idea that I wanted to share with you and the Scrollers and Hannah and the team at Nova. Okay, people are always asking us to do a live show. So my idea and my pitch is we do a live show at the Pink Flamingo Lounge, but we also do a performance and act with all the dancers there. Now, obviously we're not going to swing from the roof on the Hulo, but all the dancing and the lip singing, Yeah, you can do the swinging, but I'm like, that would go absolutely wild. One night only. High Scrollers live at the Pink Flamingo Lounge and we go up there, we rehearse with them. We do a full fucking show as well as the podcast live show, and there's drinks, food, entertainment.
Speaker 2: But food, Yeah, what food do they have because when I went, they weren't allowed to serve food. I think it must have been part of their liquor license. You could only get drinks and then colored rainbow popcorn was the only thing and it was free.
Speaker 1: There was no no So maybe it's changed, but yeah, we had like that they were bringing out like cannapis because.
Speaker 2: It was a private event.
Speaker 1: I don't yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was the only thing that let it down for me is I was like, I just wish I could have some fucking bar food, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so no, we had full food service. And so that's my idea, that's my pitch, because we'll do a full live show, but it can be in the form of like a musical cabaret. I'll fucking sing old dance, you can swing from the roof, you can sing and dance and I reckon that would just go off.
Speaker 2: This is a dream for me, Like I don't understand, just some like when are you found in the fucking time, idiot?
Speaker 1: I'll do it Like that would just be amazing. Rather than us doing a typical live show where there's one little lounge on the thing and we go and sit there and we get some other special guests to come out, We're putting on a fucking show. I'm gonna be on that stage in like the costumes were amazing too. I want to do all that and then we'll intertwine like that would just be so interactive and fun.
Speaker 2: Surely we're running at a loss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: You'll just pay for it, will you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fate is funding it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I just thought that, Like when I was just watching them all on the stage, I'm like, I can see Matt and I out there. I can see Matt twirling from that thing on the scene, the.
Speaker 2: Ribbons like Pink. I could be a Pink tribute show. Honestly, I could fly me round.
Speaker 1: I would pay so much money to see you do a Pink tribute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a leotard, fly.
Speaker 1: Like a thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I want nothing more than to fly around a stadium like they do in their concerts, like Pink, Katie Perry, Beyonce, everyone who fly and around. I'm like, that looks fucking fun. Get me up there now. I would not be nervous at all. I'd be I want I like the one that Pink does where you can spin, you know, the one that kind of like it's like the what's what's it called? When the football has the has the camera. You watch the NRL and they've got the flying camera that can go at any angle. You know, she's like hooked up all around the stadium and she can fly anywhere. But she also can spin in her own thing anyway, you know the one.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking of the motion sickness. So you can do this spinning in the hula hoot from the ceiling. I'll do all the dancing. It will just be so good, Scrollers. I can't wait to see you there. It's happening. And you know what, the Pink Flamingo Lounge would be all over it too, because I tagged them on my story and they're like, come back again soon. Let us know when you're coming back. So, yeah, I'm coming back and I'm being in the show. It'll be sold the fuck out and there'll be a wait list too.
Speaker 2: We could do like a five night five nights only.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was thinking just like one show only, bang, But.
Speaker 2: How many people can be in the venue?
Speaker 1: There was one hundred and something of us in there, but there were still some spare seats. I reckon they could sit like two to three hundred and then it's exclusive. So if you get a ticket.
Speaker 2: But it's a lot of effort for one night only, fine too. I'm thinking we just sell till it doesn't sell. True if you think about the amount of tickets that I sell around the country and then add you into the mix as well, I think we're in for a fucking six months run at the Pink Fromingo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I also don't we do.
Speaker 2: Residencies in Australia. Why doesn't guys Sebastian just do the Star Casino or something for six months Australians. I don't reckon I want to go, would they?
Speaker 1: But yeah, people don't like to see people succeed here. If you want to go there.
Speaker 2: Oh, we don't have time.
Speaker 1: No, we don't have time. But anyway, see that's the end of the episode. Just kidding. This is the main episode. But anyway, that is my idea. I'm putting it out to the world. I'm manifesting and that's it. And if Nova doesn't want to do it, I'll just do it myself. Kinda just sees me and you're doing a live show it She's like, what, we won't put of any of these. We just went out and just did it anyway for fun.
Speaker 3: Please be upstanding.
Speaker 2: The Royal Flush. Okay, I will go first with my Royal Flush. I have a new favorite TikTok account. And oh you don't have your phone on you. I was gonna say you. I have to look him up. But his name is Reuben Namibia. Have you seen Reuben Namibia? I mean, I don't think Namibia is his last name. Okay, I think Namibia is the country? Is a country or a city? Go google girl, Namibia country or city? Country? Namibe is a country. This guy named Reuben lives in Namibia and he is South African and he is looking after this baboon. I'm pretty sure he has like a he has like a what do you call a sanctuary sort of vibe for orphaned animals. And he currently the current obsession that I have is Cindy the baboon. Cindy. He's named the baboon Cindy. I don't know Cindy's story. First of all, look at Reuben Namibia. You can tell why I like watching him. And this is Cindy the baboon, an orphaned baboon that he's looking after. Please have a look at this video of him waking her up.
Speaker 3: No, she's angry since she's in bed. You don't want anyone to push anymore. But she's here, so we're happy. Now. We'll just put the blanket over. Is your baby, Cindy, your baby's to sleep at night, and I'll close your witch blanket tonight.
Speaker 2: Let's do the pink one.
Speaker 3: So I'm so happy that we finally got in bed. Sometimes it takes longer than other nights, but this night it wasn't too long anyway.
Speaker 2: Public call out, Reuben Namibia. I can be a baboon if you need, Darlan, I can knot like a baboon. What do you need from me? I'll make it happen. All I'm saying is I've never wanted to be an orphaned baboon, so in my life. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, gorgeous, He's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: I look at his arms. Oh my god. You know we're saying last week on the pod we don't look at people's arms. I'm looking at his.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we look at someone's arms when they got sculpted arms. But otherwise I don't care what your arms look like.
Speaker 2: That means anyway, So that's my roof. Oh I haven't seen that one. That's a girl.
Speaker 3: Come, come, come, she's doing really good. Are you tired, my little lady?
Speaker 2: Yes, I am Reuben.
Speaker 1: Everyone goes look him up because he's really cute.
Speaker 2: It's are U b E and Namibia and enjoy. Oh he's got merch. I might buy something. He's got six hundred k followers, so he's well established. A lot of people probably know him. I'm just going to check out his something merch. Sop. Oh, he's m which has a shirt that's I Love Cindy and it's a picture of Cindy the baboon on it. Thirty four Great British Pods, which is about seventy bucks Australian bit state for a T shirt. I come for a T shirt with a baboon on it. At least all I Love Cindy hoodie is seventy five, which is about one hundred and fifty Australian. I will say, probably going to the conservation of the animals, so lightfully fair enough. You can probably spend a little bit more on the jumper. But oh, I don't know. I don't I don't love I don't love Cyindy that much.
Speaker 1: You would get one if it was a I love Rupert well my royal flush of the week. Why did I only just learn the other day that you can schedule an email?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, Brittany, Yes you can schedule an email so it can send out at a certain time.
Speaker 2: No, I know you didn't know this, No, Brittany, what she's running businesses and she's only just figured out you can schedule an email. Yes, I'm appalled. I schedule every single email without Why.
Speaker 1: Am I finding out this the other day? Hannah? Did you know? Oh she knew, babe.
Speaker 2: I fear every single person knows that this is a thing.
Speaker 1: It's not obvious a problem that I run into was not a problem, right, But I get most of my work done at night, So I'm just replying to emails at night. When i have like ideas pop into my head or something that i want to talk to someone about the next day, I'll send an email to like our staff members, like at head office and whatever. And at FATE we work eight till four in the office, and like we're very big on, like not a single person works beyond that four cl I know a lot of people like feel like they have to take their work home with them or they have shit to do at night, because if they don't, then they're gonna fall behind. Blah blah blah. Since day one at FATE, any like, none of our staff take their work home, And if I have found out that they had for some reason, then I've got something to say to them, because I'm just massive on. Like four o'clock, you clock off, and you forget about work until the next day. But then if I've heard, you know, someone's taking their laptop home and they just quickly wanted to do something at night, I'm like, don't do that, because I'm just massive on. Once you're off the clock, you're off the clock. So I think it's so unhealthy for staff to have to be thinking, you know, a work outside of work. Agree within reason, of course, like if you're a manager and someone's called in sick at night, like of course you gonna have to write back to that person to cover the shift or whatever. But just in general, I'm massive on do not work outside of work?
Speaker 2: Also, sorry, have you seen like Anthony Alberici talking all about how he's brought that law in so that you can't get contact it's right to disconnect, right, I would love to hear from people send us an email please, yes if you actually have had a problem with that, because the way he's harping on about it, it's like it's like a really.
Speaker 1: Big is a big issue. And I remember speaking about this ages ago when we first heard about that on my other podcast, and I had a lot of people sending me dms on my big business account where it is a massive problem, like where especially I think like smaller businesses, where business owners and bosses and managers and stuff like guilt trip their staff into needing to like talk to them twenty four seven or making them feel like they need to be contactable around the clock. Soor it's for those kind of people. Okay, So I think you'd be surprised at how much that rule is needed. And I remember when it came out because you get like government update update emails like they just land in our inbox. And I remember when that first came out and it's like soon employees will have the right to disconnect or remember showing a Jamie both laughed because that wasn't going to be a problem for us whatsoever. Yeah, because we've never had that kind of workplace. And I remember saying, Aja, imagine how many business owners right now would be spiraling going no, but I need to be able to contact my staff because they need to be No, they don't. Yeah, like if you're not paying them to be on call or to be available to you at whatever time of the night, then they have no they should not need to answer your call.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I've never understood as well, the whole similarly the taking the work home thing. Other then the work just doesn't get done and then like I've got to do this work and then well then it's like why can't you do it tomorrow when you get to work, And then.
Speaker 1: Well, I think like from a business owners standpoint, if you've got an employee that feels like they cannot finish their tasks in a day and that they have to take it home to finish it at night, otherwise it's going to pile up tomorrow and they're just going to get further and further behind. You need to hire a second person to do that person's job with them. That's when you need a team. Like, if that's point blank exactly when you need to make a new hire, people are always like, when do you know when you need to make the next higher? Then if there's one person run off their feet and they're drowning, that's when you need a second person in that department. Fucking dummies, Fucking dummies. Anyway, I'm massive on people not taking work home with them, and so then me that rule doesn't fucking I work at night, Like that's when I get my best work done because I'm just sitting on my desktop at home, like just doing my own thing, eating dinner, whatever, And so I will be sending out emails, replying to people that haven't got back to And then every now and then there's a few people in our fate office that will because they've got like the Gmail apup on their phone, and then they'll I'll send them like a little thought that I've had at night, but let's chat about this tomorrow, blah blah blah. But I'm sending it to them with the thought in my mind they're going to read that when they come in in the morning. But then if they check the Gmail app at home, some of the girls will then write back and be like, oh my god, yes, I love this. And then I message and say, oh, like, get off your emails. I'm sending that to you for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I've had to like say to like a few of them, like I love that, you you know, want to write back to me because they might be like excited about whatever it is that I'm talking about or whatever, and they're like, We're just happy to write back, like it's no worries whatsoever. And I'm like, don't like because I feel bad. But then I've found out I don't. I can just schedule.
Speaker 2: Emails now to the minute, honey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So here I am. I send emails out at night thinking everyone's going to see this at eight am when they come in, but now I've just been scheduling them for eight am, so that they don't like get tempted to look at their phone.
Speaker 2: Well, I love it too, because then you're the first thing in their inbox as soon as they sit down. And I'm I'm even like a nine oh three because other people may have scheduled for nine. Yeah, sometimes I'm a nine oh nine in case someone else has thought like me and done a nine oh three.
Speaker 1: I've been scheduling them for eight when everyone starts. But then I'm like, does it make it look like that I'm sitting there waiting for eight o'clock on the dot and then God sent.
Speaker 2: Well, potentially, but also I think they've probably clocked on to the fact that you're scheduling. But I will schedule every email. Although the email I sent you last night I didn't schedule because I was like, I don't want someone else to reply before this schedule. So that's the only time when scheduling can come in because like I didn't want to. I wrote it last night. I could have scheduled it for this morning, but if then you had written back in between what I had said may not have made sense. Yeah, So I was like, I better send it now. But apart from that, and you know, we used slack. Do you slack?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: We slack? And so you can schedule text messages essentially on.
Speaker 1: Change my life, and I've just never noticed it, Like we use Gmail for fate and like, you go, surely there's someone else out there who didn't know that you could schedule emails.
Speaker 2: I reckon, everyone knew we need to.
Speaker 1: You're typing, and then like instead of clicking send, it's the little like arrow down yeah next to it, So that's not obvious. But then what has become obvious to me since is like, then you know, when you're on your desktop over to the side, there's like inbox draft, spam scheduled. Yeah, there's like a whole, a whole thing, but I've never noticed it. But it's like they're like a few words down from inboxes scheduled. Yeah, I've never fucking noticed it.
Speaker 2: I love that. I love when you learn things. It makes me feel smart. I'm like, good, she actually isn't the best at everything.
Speaker 1: And it was one of the girls at work that said it, like, just so casually you can schedule I'm like, what did you just say? That's just solved all my problems of emailing you all at night. And then you're right back anyway, and then I say, don't write back to me. You're not supposed to see it until the morning.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it is like that, and you do only get a chance to reply to emails at ten thirty at night, especially like if I've been doing something all day and then I've got an event and then I'll at home and be like, exchange my life.
Speaker 1: I thought I was going to have to get everyone to delete the Gmail app off their phones because I don't want them to see my emails at night.
Speaker 2: But you schedule it, have all your different categories as well, nah, or my in box labels. You don't use labels, so you need to That's the next thing you need to work out. I'm not no, Brittany. You're actually going to kill me if you show me. I've gotten into the labels now, so I've got like different labels. So what will happen is my inbox, Like let's say I've got one hundred emails there at the start of the day ready to reply to. So what I'll do is I've got different labels which are like financial awaiting response to reply to whatever, blah blah. So basically what I'll Brittany not the thirteen thousand on read emails.
Speaker 1: And I've got these labels, but they're from like years ago, so I've got daily tasks and top Okay, there's.
Speaker 2: Not even any I would just say, mark all is read and start again.
Speaker 1: How do I do that?
Speaker 2: Go to the three dots where? Oh yeah, here, I think if you just go here, three dots up here, mark all is red, and that'll clear your thirteen thousand.
Speaker 1: See but I'm just so used to that number there that i don't even see it that it's there.
Speaker 2: I reckon you start fresh, and so what happens is then tomorrow when you log in, you'll have all these emails here that are like highlighted and ready to be read. What I then do is in my labels, so I'll have financial, So if a receipt comes through that's like tax deductible, I'll label it as financial and I'll get to that later. And then I'll go to the next one.
Speaker 1: And okay, go on, mark them all is red.
Speaker 2: Okay, so mark all is red. And then what I'll and then what I do is like I'll have a label for awaiting response, and that's someone I've replied to and I'm waiting for them to get back to me so I can follow.
Speaker 1: Up in a few days, have the time to do that, and then have chaos.
Speaker 2: But you do have the time. It actually is all about time management because then you're twenty emails. You've gone through and you've realized five of them you don't need to reply to, two of them are spam anyway, and you've deleted, and then you've got five to reply to and five receipts and they're now filed, and so now you just go to to reply and they're all the ones. You work your way through and you reply to all of them, and then they remove themselves from the label anyway, and then you go on.
Speaker 1: And so when you put a label on something and then you reply to it, does it remove from the label?
Speaker 2: No, you have to remove the label, but I should. It's easy, like if I get a label here. Also, this is such a funny podcast episode topic to talk about. So if I say, like to reply, which you could call it anything, but yeah, let's say to reply, So this webjet spam that you've got, okay, let's say you could you go label and you go to reply okay, and then you go you're go on back and you clear all of the ones waiting to be read.
Speaker 1: But I'm never going to be able to delete all of them because there's thirteen over thirteen thousand in there.
Speaker 2: No, but we started again. You've marked them all as read anyway, Okay, to reply, you then click here's all your two replies. Yeah, and then you go in there and then you reply, and then you can just delete.
Speaker 1: Okay, take the lead, take.
Speaker 2: The label off, and it removes.
Speaker 1: From I'll tell you one of the biggest mistakes that I've made in my life. What just about emails? Like this is my fate email, my main email. You've put everything online shopping using that email to check out, so now every day like no offense, Why am I getting an email from silk Oil of Morocco Like I've never bought that.
Speaker 2: I've got specific emails for all my shopping, all my work, Like my work email only gets work stuff.
Speaker 1: But I like now, like I don't know how new it is. You know how you used to need to like scroll down to the bottom and then click unsubscribe. I like that Now it's just there like unsubscribe, unsubscribed, done easy. But yeah, that's a mistake that I've just I've made it's too late to restart.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. You could literally make an email right now and send everything there in stead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or I'll tell you what I do.
Speaker 2: Do you need someone to just you need to employ someone employing me. I'd sit there and unsubscribe from all your fucking emails.
Speaker 1: I do slowly, like every day as they come in, Like I'm like unsubscribed, Sorry, silk oil of Morocco? Who's bought from that website?
Speaker 2: Who are the thirteen thousand people you've ignored? Then?
Speaker 1: Probably mainly just like farming, Like couldn't that be things that No, I reply to every email that I need to.
Speaker 2: Okay, just don't read the other thirteen thousand, Yeah, just.
Speaker 1: Shit that I don't. It doesn't need my attention. So we've deleted, we've marked all is read. But it still says thirteen thousand, three hundred and forty one. Right click it, right click that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is there a mark all is red NA?
Speaker 1: Maybe that's just how many emails are in my inboxing.
Speaker 2: Total it's unread.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe you only marked all is read the one page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because now mark all that is red. Let's see. No, you don't have to select.
Speaker 1: Oh, here, select all thirty five thousand, five hundred and fifty nine conversations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go and then say Marcus read Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, so we're confirming the bold action. This actual effect all thirty five thousand, five hundred and fifty nine conversations. Are you sure you want to continue? Yes?
Speaker 2: Delete?
Speaker 1: I deleted them all accidentally.
Speaker 2: Oh look at the number, but going down? Is it going down?
Speaker 1: It might take long, depending on how many a thing. Okay, so let's refresh. It's thirteen thousand, three hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: I'm pissing that the scrollers are currently listening to this, by the way, Like I'm.
Speaker 1: Just it's play by play. You've had to still say thirteen thousand.
Speaker 2: It might take a while.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, look, I didn't know that you could schedule emails. But then, like I've since like discovered that little button there. But like when you compose and you go to send, like it's they should make the schedule more obvious.
Speaker 2: You got on there, Yeah, just schedule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all I've got. I don't know, Yeah, I mean daily tasks tab. The last time I used this, well, I started it in twenty twenty two. Yeah, so I can just fucking delete those.
Speaker 2: All the messages.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're from twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: God, you make me nervous. I don't delete anything but spam. You never know when you're going to need that email again. Could be evidence, could be true, could be important? You could you just need to could you could just need to reference it in the future.
Speaker 1: Then how about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what does that do?
Speaker 1: Puts them into like an archive folder, looks like, but what's that?
Speaker 2: What is an archive? But when you archive an email? Where's it go? Just to a hidden folder?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the.
Speaker 2: Point Why would you archive and not delete? I guess to keep it somewhere, But then what's the point of archiving? You may as well just even.
Speaker 1: In the inbox, so it's away from the inbox.
Speaker 2: It's all too much, you know, what's your email etiquette? Like? By the way, but remember how like in primary.
Speaker 1: School it depends who I'm talking to.
Speaker 2: You'd have to do an email course. You learned how to write an email, and there was a specific way. There was specific paragraphs.
Speaker 1: Remember like why blah blah blah, comma two lines down, Yeah, blah blah blah blah blah. Yeah, my email etiquette depends who I'm talking to.
Speaker 2: Mine depends on my mood and my how rushed I am.
Speaker 1: See, Mine's just fully dependent on who's on the other end. If it's a J and I get an invoice, I fword it to him and just write pay. Yeah, I don't even I just write the word pay, and he's very much the same back to me. Yeah, and he was right back paid. We've actually made jokes about that before because she said with April sorry, she says like, hi, aj, here's this invoice. So I know it's seven and a half thousand dollars for us to do a model shoot, but we got some great content. And then he just writes back paid, and she's like, oh, Like she feels like it's him being but that's just him in the way that.
Speaker 2: He I've gotten to the point where my team, who send me invites to events, if I don't want to go, I just write back nil interest, nothing else, nil interest.
Speaker 1: I will say, politely deling I say not.
Speaker 2: To the people. They then go back to the Okay, yeah, it's my team being like, hey, do you want to go to this one?
Speaker 1: Politely decline yeah.
Speaker 2: Prior engagement. I've got a prior engagement. Yeah, politely decline, I do have a prior engagement that night or interstate. I also do go into state a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, depends what I'm talking to. But I always like to have a bit of personality in my emails and just keep it real. I actually saw you post a TikTok Matt. Was that real?
Speaker 2: Yes? And you know how many people have asked me if it was real?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: So many people.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: Okay? I was on a flight from Orlando to Los Angeles. Yeah, it was when I was meeting up with you for Coachella. Sorry to bring up America.
Speaker 1: You talk about America again.
Speaker 2: So I was on the flight from Orlando to LA and this little girl was singing dance Monkey in the in the same aisle that we were sitting in. She was singing dance Army, Dance Fami dance for me.
Speaker 1: Wow, and wait is a song called dance monkey?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Does she ever say monkey?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 1: Why doesn't she call the song dance for me?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I remember I just go in lockdown.
Speaker 2: Good question. Actually I remember.
Speaker 1: In lockdown times because that's when that song was going viral, dance Monkey, And I remember I was like I think I can do a good tones and I impersonation.
Speaker 2: I remember I did a video in the week and all did a video in the wig and the hat.
Speaker 1: Can you do it now?
Speaker 2: Please? I don't know if I can ever remember how she how she sings?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Don't wear your she don't wear usha no, because there's a bit of oh see you see that's that's what I was doing in the video. I was going, I was.
Speaker 4: Going, see you'll see, you'll see you ever time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It's the you know you're dup me? Do this? Doesn't bay?
Speaker 2: Was that good?
Speaker 1: Hudder? Like you're not you're dump me?
Speaker 2: Dance?
Speaker 1: Doesn't by now a bed.
Speaker 2: One more, Dame Jesus, I think about you know how I'm you know, wre you know planes? High scrollers is now available on like pretty much every domestic flight in Australia, so you can listen on your next flight you can listen to high scrollers. And I just am pissing thinking that this might be someone's first ever impression.
Speaker 1: They've taken a chance like no offense to us, and what.
Speaker 2: They've had to sit through is us learn and how to do email and now screech and tones and I.
Speaker 1: I reckon like no offense to us, Like I do think we're pretty good, and I think this podcast is fucking hilarious, But I feel like it's the podcast where you've got to understand the context of why we are the way we are and why we talk about the things we talk about and our sense of humor. Because if I was just some random person on a flight and I tuned in and we got happen, I'd be like.
Speaker 2: What the I reckon? You'd be so fucking bored by us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, starvage, Yeah, they've got to know, like more context to high scrollers.
Speaker 2: If you didn't know us and you listened to our podcast, you'd fucking hate it, like you would be.
Speaker 1: I can't because they wouldn't get the hu.
Speaker 2: You would think this is mind numbing shit, like this is what are these two people do? And they've got two brain cells. They're rubbing it together and trying to make a fire. Like Honestly, people, if they've come across one of our social videos, this has always scares me. One of our tiktoks goes viral and randoms who don't know us and never seen us come and listen to the podcast to get the whole scoop. Fucking know we are setting them up for failure. I'll tell you that much for free.
Speaker 1: Or are we fully wrong in that? And would someone listen to us and be like these two allegends?
Speaker 2: Nah, no way, you need the context, you need the nuance. Yeah, because I mean, I'm over you saying pretty out of pocket things after the time. You know what I mean. But it's for the scrolls know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we feel safe talking to you, whereas like anyone who doesn't get it scary anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that video was real. So I she was singing dance Monkey and I so here's a scroll as exclusive for you if you haven't seen the video. What happens is you can see me nodding along to the girl singing. In the background. You can't see her, You're just sitting on the plane anyway. While I'm enjoying her singing, a little boy marches up from the front of the plane and yells at her and says, can you stop singing? You sound so bad? And I was watching this interaction happen, and I could just see this little girl like go into her shell and really feel quite embarrassed, which is so hilarious because I'm like, Queen, you were just singing at the top of your lungs, Like did you not realize that that's what you were doing? I don't know. Anyway, So he's done that and has shut her down, and he's moved back to her seat, and he was so rude about it, and so I have then said. I was like, I've got to say something to her because she now looks so upset. So I was like trying to get her attention. Then I got the mum's attention, and the mum was like, what's wrong, And I was like, oh, can you just Lae. It's like I loved your singing, dulling, like I just wanted to let her know, and she like looked thankful that I had said that, and you know, the mom was like, oh, bless Anyway, the point is it's got nothing to do with singing on a plane. I originally was making that video to make a joke of the girl, Like I was making the video to be like you goover, you're on a flight and she's singing, and I was like, you know, and then it turned into something else because you know, i'd never tell her to be quiet. But I was like, this is just you can't make this up. That I'm sitting on a plane go on a Coachella and there's this girl singing dance monkey who's toads and like she's an American. I'm on an American flight, you know. It was just bizarre. Yeah, And I was like, this is just such an alright, hay thing that like, this is happening to me in my row right now anyway, So that's why I was making it. And I was like, people are going to love this, Like I was just probably going to chuck it on my Instagram story anyway. Then that interaction happened and I caught that on camera. So then I was like, I'll make a whole thing out of this. Then we went to Coachella, I forgot about it. It's been sitting in my camera.
Speaker 1: Rover since now.
Speaker 2: No other girl has gone.
Speaker 1: Singing Mawana yes, but singing it into the phone that the air hostess is used, which projects across the whole.
Speaker 2: Can we play a little clip of it? Please have a listen to this. Every turn I take, every trill, I track every pet, I make every broll.
Speaker 1: Please to the place I know where I cannot go, where I love to see the line where this guy so this little girl, bless her.
Speaker 2: Okay, there stuck on the tarmac, aren't they something's going wrong with the plane.
Speaker 1: See now, this is something that when I was her age, I would have loved to do. This is something that I'll be like, please please, mum, can I please sing? Because I would have thought that I was really talented.
Speaker 2: Stuck on the tar out, you're doing a so the same.
Speaker 1: Way that, Yeah, I love being in the talent quest at school. I would love to do that, but my mum would never would let you, like, surely not. And that's like I'm sure everyone they.
Speaker 2: Sit down, Brittany embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like I'm sure everyone's seen it by this point. But this poor little girl, Like, good on her for having the confidence I would have at her age as well, because you just don't have that like fear of judgment uh huh from the public when you're that age. But she's singing and it's not good. She can't sing. Sorry, but I'm like, I am the comments I've been seeing like is this mum telling her that she's a good singer and that yes, you should definitely sing in front of this whole plane.
Speaker 2: How have they even gotten to that point? How have they gotten to the point where a flight attendant has been able like has the mum gone, oh, let her sing for everyone? Or has she been singing and the flight attendant said, would you like to pull on her performance?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's what I want to know. I want to know more how did they get to that point?
Speaker 2: But I totally agree that. So my thing is, like it goes back to screaming babies on a flight. I've said on the podcast before, if you are if you are annoyed by a screaming baby on a flight, that's on you. I'm like, you are first of all, you're a pub chubolic transport. But second of all, why don't you have your headphones? Why don't you blah blah blah. So I had my headphones on and they obviously were noise canceling at all, but I took them off to like listen to this girl. You know, if you're on a flight and you don't have headphones in, I don't understand what world you're living in, but your cook as it is. So if you're then complaining about baby crying or a little girl singing that's on you. In my opinion, Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Need to have headphones on a plane. Yeah, And like I feel like airports have gotten real good too, Like I've had instances where I've forgotten them, like when you're like, shit, I forgot my headphones. But you can buy them out of bending machines now. So if you're that desperate and you really don't want to hear kids singing mowana or baby screaming, you can get a cheap little pair out of the bending machine.
Speaker 2: I will say as well, though it is weird that the mom didn't do anything to the girl who was sitting next to me, Like it's that the mum didn't say, oh sweetie, like let's not you know, I think the mum had had that mum had headphones on, but I'm sure she would have noticed her daughter singing dancemiking. The point is I only did that because there are two There are two alarming things in that situation. First of all, a boy has shut down a girl, and I was like, I'm not gonna let a boy silence a girl in front of me and let him get away with that. And so that's what compelled me to let her know that I enjoyed her singing because he had just shut her down. And I was like, you're a fucking bastard. But second of all, what I think is alarming is that out of guess eight year old boy and at I guess five year old girl. What was more alarming to me was that eight year old boy had the guts to get out of his seat, walk down the plane and tell her. But I'm like, where has that behavior been learned from? Yeah, you know what gives him the right? I never would have done that as a child. I never would have had the guts to get up and tell another person what to do, you know. So like, obviously he's a bit of a bully, But I'm also like, what's happening in his household that it's okay that you can get up and tell another woman, a stranger, let alone a girl, that she's not allowed to weird to do that. I was like, that's that alarms me? So I wasn't gonna let that happen. And anyway, he was ugly, and I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what when you're ugly on the inside, it shows on the outside is sorry. But everyone I know who's mean is fugly. And I will say that with my whole chest. Mean people who are just nasty for no reason. Ugly we always have been, always will be savvy. And it was an ugly little boy. I'll say that with my whole chest. It was an ugly little boy. Samy yep.
Speaker 1: I also think people that are like inherently nasty and horrible, like bad things will just always keep happening today.
Speaker 2: And isn't it those people who just attract Yeah, they just it's that's the thing when you know, when when they say things like when what you put out is what you were tracked one hundred percent, Those miserable motherfuckers. I know people from school who's still to this day when I run into them wherever it may be, they're still just as miserable. And oh, what's what's been going on in your life? And you're I go, oh, you know so many things. Oh the podcasting, no mane, I'm doing all these things, and ah, what about you? Oh, well, you know, I've been in and out of hospital lately, and I crashed my car the other day, and I've done this, and I've done and the other day my house burnt down and my car blew up, and then I was on a boat and it sunk. I'm like, ha he, how is it that you have so much misfortune?
Speaker 1: But it's because bad people, because they things happened to good people too. Let's not well, yeah, do.
Speaker 2: Happen to good people as well, But yeah, the thing is like sometimes it's unfortunate, but sometimes you just attract that miserable, miserable misfortune because then they just are in a thing of feeling sorry for themselves. They're not doing anything to get out of it, not you know, all the rest of it. And it's just the same cycle. Yeah, anyway, miserable, miserable, and all they do, it's the same people who go all this bad shit's happening to me, and then they speak for forty five minutes about someone else and talk about how bad someone else's life is. What like these people who are like oh, all these they will go on about all this this bad stuff that's happened to them, but then they'll be nasty and I'm like, no, wonder bad stuff's happened to you because all you do is talk about negative negati Like they're the same people to bitch about everyone, and then they wonder why all this bad stuff happens to them, And I'm like, babe.
Speaker 1: Your mentality is your reality.
Speaker 5: People, Oh my god, spit it, bitch, Like what, I'm not really like a manifesting woo woo person or whatever, but I believe in that, Like I believe in the way that you think will like show itself in real form.
Speaker 1: And if you're always participating in negative energy, talking badly about others, never being happy for anyone, like, bad shit's just going to happen to you. I do believe in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And same like I think if you always have a positive outlook and whatever, like good things will come your way. Yeah, I do believe in that. Not that I'm like big on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And people just come to mind. There's one influencer that comes to mind, and you know exactly who it would be. But she is the nastiest motherfucker in this industry.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she just kates that the worst lug and she ca'se like and video after video about how miserable her fucking life is.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry guessing about Guess it, bitch, guess it.
Speaker 2: She is a nasty, nasty piece of work.
Speaker 1: What if she knows, because she would know you're talking.
Speaker 2: About because the one person who I don't care bringing on.
Speaker 1: Lovey, that's the reality check that some people need.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing. She is a nasty, nasty piece of work too, quite quite literally. Everyone everyone has a problem, you know what I mean? Quite literally.
Speaker 1: And the thing is everyone is going to be fucking scathing the internet looking for who you're talking about, not.
Speaker 2: Hadd not odd is it?
Speaker 1: But I will say, Hannah, do you know who we're talking about? It is a bit niche? I will say, like, it's not.
Speaker 2: You're giving it away more and more.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, what more clues can we give away?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: We're going to leave it that But yeah, schrolls. If you think you know who Matt's about it.
Speaker 2: She's a perfect example of someone who's just nasty and the world keeps feeling her a bad hand.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I wish that person would just see that and fucking stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, have.
Speaker 1: Fun, guess and everyone, if you think you know who it is, do not put it in our broadcast channel. DM it to us BRIV because we don't want to start any speculating or bullying in our broadcast channel. But send us a DM if you think you know who Matt's talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm not open that can of worms. I just have haven't.
Speaker 1: I Oh, you're gonna have a message from the person.
Speaker 2: Well, but you know what, you know, it's funny though, if that person decides to send me a message. It's a if the shoe fits situation. If you think that that's about.
Speaker 1: You, then you've got to do some self reflection.
Speaker 2: You know. If I say that and the first thing you think is, oh my god, is that about me? Then how nasty? Like you know you're nasty and you continue to be nasty. Yeah, you know, so that says more about youtuble moment says more about you than it does about me.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more anyway. Man, I think that's another episode done and dusted. Actually, now that I mentioned that, I don't think I've said that in last week's episode. Another episode done and dusted. And I think that's the first time I've ever not said that. Wow, I'm going to be in big shot off the scrollers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I wonder if anyone has noticed I haven't.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone's reached out. See, maybe we were just distracting them being too funny and amazing.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, anyway say it once more.
Speaker 1: Another episode done and dust.
Speaker 2: It from last week. You've done it double this week. Thanks for listening, scrollers. We will see you on Friday with another episode of Close Friends, and we're about to record that obviously, and we have some fun little topics to talk about. So we'll see you on Friday with Close Friends. We'll see you next What the fuck am I saying? Who cares? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Dull?
Speaker 2: I better let you go. I think I've got it. D M from Ruben, Namibia