Speaker 1: Hooray.
Speaker 2: This is Nomber one hundred. Good morning.
Speaker 3: You're on the air with Jas and Lauren Gunta Stein are going to be joining us to talk if one after eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Five K question on the way as well, But first.
Speaker 4: We must try Melbourne's best host chip ed potato cho.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: There are many reasons I decided to get in the radio, but today release sums them all up.
Speaker 2: We are on the search for Melbourne's best.
Speaker 3: We have found Melbourn's best Inniman scroll with Melbourne's best croissant fund mucha wasn't now highlight and the best bun.
Speaker 2: But today it's one thing we all agree on that we love.
Speaker 5: I love hot chippies, kids love chippies and we're.
Speaker 2: Happy to do all the grunt work for Melbourne. And you know what potato gems can get in.
Speaker 1: The I don't know the potato. I'm like, you know what, I think.
Speaker 5: I like potertos in allapes and forms in size.
Speaker 3: Now that we I don't think we have had one of these Melbourne go off on social like this.
Speaker 5: Hat Yeah, Melbourne's best hot chip that is what we are looking for.
Speaker 3: We have had so many votes and suggestions and it has come down to three hot chip locations.
Speaker 5: Want to run through the well, Yes, we've got Hawks Farm which is in Borning on the Mornington Peninsula. Now Georgie is here. That's about a two hour drive from Melbourne. Hello George, thank you morning Thank.
Speaker 1: You for your service.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you to your husband to he had a burst water pipe on the farm so they.
Speaker 2: Couldn't be here.
Speaker 5: Well, the amount of people that nominated Hawk's Farm as the best hot chip was outrageous.
Speaker 4: Plenty of votes for Brunswick East's own Hagen's Organics family run like the butcher shop. Yeah, that's right, they do hot chips.
Speaker 2: You've had a lot of votes for that one.
Speaker 3: And finally in Richmond seven Gram's Cafe, which we've had eggsact before but not the chippy. Now we have three different styles of chips in front of us.
Speaker 4: We don't know what chips my mouth's actually when it comes to appearance, theres one standout already.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm opening, so we don't know what's what. This is a blind taste. I'd like to point out that everybody is a winner because these are the three.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Everybody is a winner.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go number one.
Speaker 2: Number one.
Speaker 4: Let's go Now, that's like a wedge. We've also got a gravy here, just for a bit of a dip. But I'm going to go rued of listen to the crunch. Okay, ready, what smells uh huh?
Speaker 2: How do they do it?
Speaker 1: They do it chase, that's good gear. Do it tasted with some Tommy sauce.
Speaker 2: I'm going to try another one.
Speaker 1: So this is quite like a wedge, isn't that.
Speaker 2: I don't need a gravy. It's bordering on a wet wedge. But it's not.
Speaker 1: That's good gear.
Speaker 2: It's the crunch in that one. Mm hmm. All right, great.
Speaker 1: So that's by the way, guys, that there is skin on mm hmm. It's skin on skin.
Speaker 2: That's now.
Speaker 1: What is the difference between a chip and a wedge?
Speaker 2: The cart Yeah, i'd say the cut. Yeah, it's a thicker cut. All right, We're moving on to number two.
Speaker 3: Number two, I would say is more of a steak cut style chap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my favorite type of chip.
Speaker 2: The steak cut, the fat chip, the fat steak cut chip.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, there's some kind of it tastes like that's like a farm. That's like a farm.
Speaker 2: Potato, a little dry on the salt. It's a little drought.
Speaker 1: Too much dry, too not enough.
Speaker 2: Salt, do you know what. I'm pretty pleased with that though.
Speaker 1: That's good gear.
Speaker 2: It doesn't taste processed or anything like. Again, how do they do it? How do they grow it? That's how they do it.
Speaker 1: That's also skin on.
Speaker 2: Okay. Number three definitely don't skin on. Okay. Number three I would say, looks more like a chicken shop, chicken shop processed chip. Question. Do you prevent crunchy or soggy country on that?
Speaker 1: That's got some serious delicious seasoning.
Speaker 2: This is better than a wine taste. You know when you go to.
Speaker 1: A winery, except in a winery you have to spit it out.
Speaker 3: We're just spit that out in the winery. I've never I mean later in the day, at the end of the day spat wine.
Speaker 5: But that's more I don't know, all right, Okay, So what I would say, and number two is like a farm cut like chip, and number three is more like your fish and chip shop, chicken shop.
Speaker 1: Okay, chicken salt chip.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got a clear winner, a clear winner, all right.
Speaker 4: Now, remembering as louren So eloquently pointed out, I don't know everybody is a winner.
Speaker 1: Today between two of you're all winners.
Speaker 2: But no you're not. There's a one. Okay, are you ready? Are we doing in three? So how we do it?
Speaker 3: As we go three to one and we all say the number of go for it, and then Brody will reveal where that's from.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do it with conviction. I know I'm the same, absolutely no doubt in my mind. Okay, in three two one, one you went too.
Speaker 1: I went to one's too much like a wedge for no.
Speaker 2: Number two was my third favorite.
Speaker 1: Number two was my favorite.
Speaker 2: So number one, Brody.
Speaker 5: Number one was Hagen's Organic number two Hawks number two.
Speaker 2: Has number three seven grands. There you go. Wow.
Speaker 5: So the organic what I would say is Hawks Farm was my favorite farm fresh is best.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: I think it's worth the road trip to go and trim out down at Hawk's Farm.
Speaker 3: There you go, Hagen's Organics, Brunswick, East, Hawks Farm.
Speaker 2: Out in Mornington Peninsula. They're all over Instagram.
Speaker 5: They look incredible seven grams for quick grab and go if you're in Richmond. They are delicious. Whatever salt they've got on them, so nice you might have to do another taste test of these. Let's just kept going chips for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: I love loaded fries as well. You know we're not doing that, no, I know, but you know.
Speaker 1: Next week the chip can.
Speaker 4: Evolve through the time many generation.
Speaker 3: It's cousin sweet potato. Yeah, all right, there you have it, Melbourne's best touch chip. Another hard day at work for us
Speaker 1: Wake up feeling good them on the socials.