Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the length Plase.
Speaker 3: Great to have your company. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond. Coming up tonight. A woman fights off a tiger snake as she drives down a Melbourne freeway.
Speaker 4: Will show you what she was dealing with a little later.
Speaker 3: Plus when we look at the papers, the family Court grants a teenager access to sex cross hormones or cross sex hormones rather, despite the father's objection, and the Australian Newspaper's got an interesting story about the problems tenure Plibisek the Environment Minister is causing Anthony Albanezi as if he needs any more. But first, last week New South Wales residents were advised not to use appliances lest the state ran out of electricity.
Speaker 4: Well, this week it was.
Speaker 3: South Australia's turn, with their Energy minister telling people that the state risked blackout unless they bought two diesel powered generators which had been mothballed in j because we're going renewables out of storage and got them operational again. South Australia relies a lot on renewables and needs New South Wales and Victoria to provide power in the event that South Australia's renewables don't you renew And so the Energy Minister said, we have to make sure when we need the power, the power is there, because if it's not across the national energy market, I can guarantee the premiers of New South Wales and Victoria aren't going to be saying let's load share here to provide South Australia with power. But it gets even worse than that. Today the Energy Market Operator has demanded the power to shut down SOLA across the entire country on days when an oversupply of solar threatens to destabilize the grid. The Australian Energy Market Operator said the ever growing output from SOLA was posing an increasing threat to the safety and security of the grid because it was pushing out all other forms of generation that were needed to help keep the system stable. So what we've got across the country is now absolute madness. We used to have a first world power grid, but we're dismantling that and replacing it with a third world power grid. And even if we're successful Calebin Liz to get net zero, I mean it will make absolutely zero difference to global temperatures to rising sea levels and the amount of snow that falls on Cosiosco. All we're doing is guaranteeing high electricity prices. We're guaranteeing business will flee this country and for what for absolutely no net benefit.
Speaker 2: As I wrote in my advertiser column on Friday, I hate to say I told you so, because of course this does mean that there are people out there who are making decisions about whether or not they buy their children Christmas presents this year, or they pay their power bills. But I told you so. I mean what we have here is an energy system that has been rushed, is not built for the grid that we have. I mean a in South Australia, as you said, they want to bring the Port Lincoln and Snuggery diesel powered generators back online, which Energy took offline in June or July because they said they weren't financially viable anymore because of renewable energy. Well PO cares what's financially viable, what's viable in terms of keeping the lights on for heaven's sake, But of course that's not the fault of the energy companies. They only want to turn a buck and that's what their shareholders want them to do. So they're just simply operating in the market that these governments have created for them. And then the governments come along and say, oh, hang on a minute, we've got a small problem here. And how absurd that we would now be told that we have to turn off your solar panels, which we encourage you to put on your roof so that we could have a renewable future because getting too much. We've literally got too much renewable energy in this country and it's going to fry the grid. Like is that just not the height of insanity? And of course he knew South Wales. Earlier this year, Osgrid announced that they would introduce a surcharge for you to feed your solar power back into the grid for exactly this reason. Lots of power solar power gets feed into the grid off of people's rooftops in the middle of the day when they're all at work, and that energy is not being used, and they much rather they fed it in in the evening when everyone's at home. Well, the sun doesn't shine in the evening, does it. So they're actually going to make you pay to put your power back into the grid. Because you were encouraged by successive governments to do so, because it'll fry the network. I mean, if anything proves that we have gone too fast on this, that is it.
Speaker 5: The government even subsidized solar panels, that's how hard they pushed it. Everyone with solar panels out there, you must be so angry. I know that I would be absolutely fuming. You did the right thing. You forked out for your solar panels from China. China's very grateful for your donation, and now we're being slapped on the risks, made to pay, basically penalized for doing the exact thing that the government wouldn't shut up about encouraging.
Speaker 1: You to do for years and years on end. I bet your South.
Speaker 5: Australia is really sorry that they shut down their last call fired power station in twenty sixteen, because they don't even have that to fall back on, like we do in some of the eastern states, where again we've got the government saying all actually call fire power stations, can you stay open for a bit longer because our whole green dream is proving less feasible by the day and we need you guys online otherwise we too will have rolling.
Speaker 1: Blackouts like we're in India.
Speaker 5: I have traveled extensively throughout Asia, where rolling blackouts are just a thing. You never know any any given day, anytime where they're actually going to have any electricity is a bit fun because it just adds to I'm in a foreign country.
Speaker 1: How exciting here in Australia not fun.
Speaker 5: You want certainty when you flick on a light switch or try to turn on your air con on a steaming hot day.
Speaker 1: This isn't sustainable.
Speaker 5: But how many energy energy suppliers have we had say this in the past couple of years. They are the ones who have been screaming at the government saying yes, like you say, Caleb, we're.
Speaker 1: Operating in the market that you've created.
Speaker 5: But this is going to mean less power, which is mean going to mean higher prices and potentially no power on occasion.
Speaker 4: Funny what you're saying about traveling through Asia.
Speaker 3: I remember being nineteen years old in the Philippines and they would have daily brownouts, they called them.
Speaker 4: I remember thinking, man, what sort of a country is?
Speaker 3: It was kind of exciting, but you just don't want that excitement in Australia, especially not in summer.
Speaker 4: God forbid.
Speaker 3: What'll be interesting though, is a lot of people bought solar panels what nine ten years ago when the government was offering extraordinary subsidies. As those solar panels start to fail and need replacing and have now of course those subsidies aren't quite so generous, will people be motivated to fork out the money and replace them? And let alone question where those old solar panels end up, because that's going to be a massive problem. There's four million solar panels on roofs around Australia at some point in the near future, a lot of them are going to have to be replaced with little to no government subsidies.
Speaker 4: And where we're going to dump them.
Speaker 2: Well, I chuckled a little bit to myself before when you mentioned the word sustainable, Liz, because of course we are told that this is sustainable energy, but it was terribly, so terribly sustainable that in order to make the whole thing where we've got to fire up the diesel to keep Queen and green diesel here we come. But of course that the problem you described there, James, is a massive one, because there is theoretically no reason that rooftop solar should not be able to power much of the country, but you need to be able to store that energy when it's being generated, and of course the cost of storing that energy right now is enormous. If you're a household to put a battery on the side of your house costs a lot of money. To do it at a large level, costs a lot of money. Because it was the first thing South Australia did after they had that big power outage in twenty sixteen or twenty seventeen, was it. They got Elon must to go and build a big battery down there. But that can only power the state for about twenty minutes or something. But in order to make it work you need that storage. But it costs too much, which once again just proves the point that we've gone too fast with renewable energy. There's no reason that at some point in the future renewable energy could actually be an economically viable form of energy, but we just haven't reached that point yet and our grid isn't built for it. I mean, for goodness sake, remember what was it nine years ago beyond Lomborg tried to set up shop at the University of Western Australia, a man who simply says, renewable energy is a good thing, we should move to it in a way that he's economically advantageous for people, you know, the consumers. And he was drummed out of wa for saying that if only we'd listened to him at the time, perhaps we'd be in a different position. Let's go to the US now. Of course, Joe Biden is in the dying days of his presidency. He's got less than two months to go in the job, so he's tying up a few odds and ends, and this question keeps coming up about his son, Hunter, the crackhead Hunter Biden about oh, you know, he was convicted earlier in the year. Of course, back in June, he was done for buying guns while he was a drug addict. He had declared on the papers that he was not a drug addict at the time, so there were three felonies. Then in September he pleaded guilty to not paying at least one point four million dollars in taxes. And many times Joe has been using going to pardon your son? Are you going to pardon your son? Look, he's considering it, there's no doubt about that. But at least we know that Joe Biden thinks that no one, not even his is above the law.
Speaker 6: I'm calling for a constance of amendment call no one is above the law Amendment. Each each of us is equal before the law. No one, no one is above the law. The American principle that no one is above the law was reaffirmed. So justice should to respect him and we should never allow anyone to tear it down. Who was responsible can be held accountable and my administration, no one, no one is above the law.
Speaker 2: And don't fear He has been personally asked this question multiple times. Will you pardon your own son? No way.
Speaker 7: Your son Hunter is on trial, and I know that you cannot speak about an ongoing federal prosecution, but let me ask you. Will you accept the jury's outcome, their verdict, no matter what it is.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 7: And have you ruled out a pardon for your son?
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 6: In regard to the question regarding the family, I'm extremely proud of my son Hunter. He has overcome an addiction. He is He's one of the brightest, most decent men I know, and I am satisfied that I'm not going to do anything I said. I advide by the jury decision. I will do that and I will not partner him.
Speaker 2: And of course he's pro Secretary. Karin John Pierre has also been asked multiple times and she has always said, there is no way this will happen one with a president partner or commute his son if he's convicted.
Speaker 9: So I've answered this question before.
Speaker 1: It was asked of me not too long ago, a couple of weeks ago, and I was very clear and I said no.
Speaker 10: I know you said, not a lot of changes yesterday, and it's a personal matter, but from a presidential perspective, is there any possibility that the president would end up pardoning his son. I want to make sure that that is not going to change over the next six months.
Speaker 1: The President's say it's still a no, it's still an egle.
Speaker 2: Always email it's still a no.
Speaker 1: It will be I know it is a no, and I don't have anything else to add.
Speaker 9: Peo will he pardoned his son?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: And the Democrat fanboys have always said there is no way this could happen. I mean, take Andrew Wiseman, for example, a lawyer in the US. You seed, mister Biden is leaving the rule of law.
Speaker 10: What is before us is a president who is living the rule of law. He is living in the rights in the most personal way. He is not pardoning his son, which he could do. These are federal charges. He is not doing that. He is not doing it because he is living what it means to have a rule of law in this country. I'm not saying that you should get credit for it, because it is the right that Trump has been said exactly.
Speaker 2: So imagine my shock when I woke up this morning and Joe Biden had pardoned his son Hunter. Yes, after all those time saying it would never ever happen, that is exactly what he did on his way out of the Oval office. Now you will remember all the law fair cases that were run against Donald Trump. They are now effectively dead because he will be the forty seventh president of the United States. But you know, we were told there's nothing to see here, there's no problem. But we were saying, actually, no, no, what's happened here is that the law has been weaponized against a political candidate. Now, remember Biden said, no one is above the law. The Democrats continually said, look, if Trump has broken the law, he should face the consequences. Well, what does Biden now say about his son. He says that this case was infected by raw politics and it led to a miscarriage of justice. And if it weren't for the fact that Hunter Biden was Joe Biden's son, that they would never have gone after him. So of course he hands down the pardon, and the pardon, by the way, just apply to the gun offenses, and it doesn't just apply to the tax offenses. He's just put a blanket pardon over everything that Hunter may or may not have done between January and December twenty fourteen, things that haven't even been brought yet. Necessarily, it is an extraordinary move, which of course he lied through his teeth about. But you know, I suppose can you blame the bloke. He's on his way out. He has those powers, which is an extraordinary thing in the first place, and he's just decided to go and do it. He clearly doesn't give a toss anymore. Why would he care after he's been deposed by Carmala and co. He's just doing whatever he can on the way out to get his and say up yours.
Speaker 3: Well, he's not just on the way out of the Oval office. He did this, and then he was straight on a plane and on his way out of the United States to Angola, so no journalists could point out his hypocrisy. But I mean, this is just more evidence that everything the Democrats accuse their opponents of doing is exactly what they themselves are or are about to. It was Trump who was meant to be the threat to the rule of law. It was Trump who was going to pardon himself, who was going to put himself above the law. That's exactly what the Democrats have done. So this should keep the Democrats out of office for years, if not decades. If anyone was in any doubt about the corruption of Joe Biden or the Dems generally, this should remove it beyond any doubt. I kind of wonder if Joe Biden thought Kamala Harris will win the election and she will pardon my son, and so he was able to say.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not going to pardon him. I'm not going to pardon.
Speaker 3: Him, secure in the knowledge he thought that Kamala Harris would do it for him. And then, of course, when the election result came back, he had a quick change of mind. What I love, though, Liz, was he's talking about his son, and he says, my son, he's been five and a.
Speaker 4: Half years sober. I'm so proud of him.
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking, you know, I would be too if it was my sixteen year old who'd been five years sober.
Speaker 4: And I realized, no, he's fifty four years old. He's like a grown ass man.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, he's been sober since he was what forty nine? Good job, But I mean Joe Biden's holding his hand like he's a child.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and define sober because we all know about the crack cocaine that was found in the White House on July the fourth, not so long ago, and it was a weekend that Hunter was visiting. But pay attention to this blanket. Pardon okay, because it's not just relating to the gun chargers, the tax fraud chargers, which he is due for sentencing for.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: No, this is from January twenty fourteen to twenty twenty four Why that amount of time and why that year, because of course, the twenty and fourteen year was very, very significant. This was the year of the Cia coup in Ukraine, the year that Hunter was then put on a board of Burisma, an energy company in Ukraine, despite his complete lack of any discernible skills, much less any knowledge relating to gas, to energy, or to Ukraine itself.
Speaker 1: This was also while.
Speaker 5: His father, Joe Biden, was not only Vice President of the United States but in charge of relations in Ukraine. So rather dodgy, and we all know it's on the public record. It was recorded very well by.
Speaker 1: The media years and years ago.
Speaker 5: Now that Hunter then used his connections with Barisma to hook them up with Biolab in Ukraine and get tens of millions of dollars from the US government to fund that biolab, which had been commissioned by Obama back in twenty ten.
Speaker 1: Now this sounds like.
Speaker 5: A big, long story, doesn't it. But my point to this story is Joe Biden is not pardoning his son. He's running cover for his own actions that he himself. Yes, Hunter was very much involved, he was the bag boy for his father, but he knows that by giving this blanket pardon to his son over a very significant period of time, he's getting himself off the hook. He's not running cover for Hunter. He is running cover for himself because he knows that a DOJ under the Trump administration is going to start ripping shreds off this cover that they've all been implicated in for many, many years. That is what this pardon is really about. It's not letting Hunter off the hook. And everyone's like, oh, how dare he? It is an abusive power one hundred percent. But here is a man who knows by pardoning my son, I'm covering my own backside because once Trump gets in, the corruption in my family is going to be laid there, and he's running for the hills.
Speaker 2: And of course, over on MSNBC, they're now setting all of this up because it will eventually come as though it is law fare that they themselves ran against Trump. And of course when it's done against Trump, it's all okay. They are literally saying over on AMSNBC, mister Biden, he should pardon himself before he leaves the Oval office. All the stuff that they said that Trump would do and was a threat to democracy, they are now saying he should do. Take a look.
Speaker 9: I hope that President Biden will also issue preemptive pardons to all of those people threatened by the unjustice of what will become the Department of Justice in the Trump administration. That of course includes Jack Smith and all of his staff, many Department of Justice lawyers. It includes President Biden himself. Although we don't know that anyone can legally pardon themselves. He will need a pardon because he is going to be harassed and charge from no crimes whatsoever. Donald Trump has pharmised that.
Speaker 2: I mean, they have no sense of irony. These people. Oh, we must stand up against corruption, and then it's our guy, who's crap.
Speaker 4: It's bad.
Speaker 2: That's law for you could possibly give them all.
Speaker 5: Preemptive pardons so that no one, no one has to face time for their crime.
Speaker 4: Crazy makes no sense. A preemptive pardon.
Speaker 3: So we are going to pardon you for crime, so you did not commit, no in the eventuality that you are convicted for these crimes which you have not committed. Which is the other thing I don't understand where you pointed out that Hunter Biden has been pardoned for not just the tax evasion and the gun issue. Yes, but he's been pardoned for anything that he might have done.
Speaker 1: That he's done anything that we don't know of.
Speaker 5: This is an outright admission from his own father.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things were done.
Speaker 5: Otherwise you just say, yeah, I'm pardoning that that court case earlier this year where I feel like he was treated unfairly in the gun charges. In no, no, he's backdated it to twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: He knows if you're going to pardon someone, don't you have to pardon them specifically for something.
Speaker 4: How do you pardon something?
Speaker 1: It's a blanket.
Speaker 4: We don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: But if we find something pardoned, I mean speaking.
Speaker 1: There just goes to show how blankety it can be.
Speaker 5: This is a preemptive parton not that you've done anything wrong, but just in case someone tries to prosecute you for something you might have done, potentially your pardoned so that Trump's DOJ can't dig its teeth in.
Speaker 1: And rip it out from the roots.
Speaker 5: Well, these guys need to keep running because it guess who Trump's just appointed to lead the FB I one, in my opinion, one of the most corrupt agencies on the face of the planet. Trump has chosen this guy called Cash Fattel. Now you may have heard of Cash Betel because during the first Trump administration he served as the National Security Advisor and senior counsel for the House Permanent Selects Committee on Intelligence. He's worked in the Defense Department. He was a lawyer by trade.
Speaker 1: He worked in the Public Defender's Office and so on and so forth. So he has vast.
Speaker 5: Knowledge of these intelligence agencies and what they actually get up to.
Speaker 1: So much so he.
Speaker 5: Published a book called Government Gangsters, The Deep State, The Truth and the Battle for Our Democracy. I've got to get my hands on this book because.
Speaker 1: It sounds right up my alley. Here's Cash Battel telling the.
Speaker 5: Sean Ryan Show some months ago, what did he do if he was in a position of power on how he'd make a few changes at FBI headquarters.
Speaker 11: I'd shut down the FBI Hoover Building on day one and reopening the next day as a museum of the deep State.
Speaker 1: This guy gets it.
Speaker 5: He is speaking my language here. He was also talking to Glenn Beck just a few weeks ago on his podcast saying there's a lot to be exposed here what these guys have done hiding the Epstein list and plenty of other details regarding plenty of other things the FBI is complicit in making sure.
Speaker 1: The truth never finds its way out into the public. Who has Jeffrey Epstein's.
Speaker 4: Black Book, Black Book FBI? But who that is?
Speaker 11: I mean that's under a direct control of the director of the FBI. Just like the manifesto from the Nashville school shooting of the Catholic schools, we still haven't seen that right. It's not the Nashville Police or PD saying we don't want this out. The FBI airmailed into that operation and said this is not getting out. All these local law enforcement communities get funding from the DOJNFBI for local programs and if you don't cooperate, you're not getting your million dollars for this, and you're not getting it. And that's a lot of money to these local districts. That's how they play the game.
Speaker 1: This guy knows how it works.
Speaker 5: Listening to him, I am like so amped for this. You've heard me recommend it before. But if you're interested, get a book called Chaos by Tom O'Neil. It is all about how the FBI and the CIA really work.
Speaker 1: It will change the way you see the world forever. You won't be able to put it down.
Speaker 5: He was also asked by Glenn Beck about the JFK files, which we know were due to be released but haven't been and we're all kind of wondering why.
Speaker 1: This many years later, why we can't know the truth about.
Speaker 7: I never believed that the CIA killed Kennedy.
Speaker 11: Well, you're talking to a guy that's read the entire JFK file.
Speaker 2: You've seen all the secret stuff.
Speaker 11: I've seen all of that, and I've seen the seven pages of the nine to eleven report.
Speaker 2: I've seen it all. You don't say that to people that you can't tell what you saw.
Speaker 1: Release it, Release the lot.
Speaker 5: He talks about how much the FBI overclassifies everything, so again it's.
Speaker 1: Never made public.
Speaker 5: The FBI just decides, no, no, people don't need to see that.
Speaker 1: Nothing to see here.
Speaker 5: We decide what you get to see, what you get to be aware of, because we are running cover for deep state. That is what we do. And as we know, what better example is there of the Epstein client list. I mean, Gilaine Maxwell went to.
Speaker 1: Jail, but no clients.
Speaker 5: What the heck are you guys doing? Remember what Elon must said was his theory as to why it still wasn't going to be released and why so many people were backing Kamala as much as they possibly could.
Speaker 12: You know, I think part of why Kamala is getting so much support is that if Trump wins. That f SCENE client list is going to become public. Yes, and some of those billionaires behind Kamala are terrified of that outcome.
Speaker 5: Is it any wonder that deep state is running for the hills. Here's cash Forttel just openly talking about those guys.
Speaker 11: On day one roll out. All of the text message communications we were told were deleted on day one. Play the rest of the video of the pipe bommer.
Speaker 4: You know he needed.
Speaker 11: One of the reforms I talk about government gangsters, is you need a central node to be continuously declassifying. This is another thing they do, the over class classifier. And I'm telling you as a former number two in the IC, they overclassify fifty percent of the stuff there to protect the deep state.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you can't see that. Nothing to see here, Go get them cash for tell.
Speaker 5: These guys must be absolutely terrified. They've got a few more months to get their affairs in order before these guys take control. We've got Tulsi Gabbard heading up the intelligence agencies, the overarching We've got guys like that.
Speaker 1: Now heading up the FBI.
Speaker 5: The FBI just in recent memory, we've got the Russia collusion hopes that they were totally all in on. We've got the Hunter Biden laptop, which they made sure was nobody ever heard about.
Speaker 1: And maybe that too, was just a rumor.
Speaker 5: The Trump assassination where they sat around for days being like, oh, we just don't know what happened, and we're really confused as well, and we basically know as much as you do. That sham investigation into Brett Kavanagh, Trump's pick for the Supreme Court, where he was accused of rape and all these terrible things. The lady eventually came out and said, I've never even met him, let alone being raped by him. But the damage was done. FBI also complicit. I could talk for hours about this stuff and to see someone like this who's so passionate about gutting it and returning it to what is supposed to be the proper business of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Speaker 3: You mentioned all the things the FBI has not done, but you neglect the things they have done, like, you know, declare Catholics to be domestic terror threats. Oh yeah, and go after Catholics who dared to pray outside abortion clinics. It's funny when you read about Trump's picks and the media say they're this, they're that, and you think, well.
Speaker 4: Is Trump making good choices?
Speaker 3: They've said about Patel that he's a danger, and so you might think, well, I don't know, is he a danger?
Speaker 4: I never heard of him before.
Speaker 1: The danger to the deep stuff.
Speaker 3: Can you start listening right and you realize, yeah, he's a danger to the right people. He has said, on top of everything else we just watched, you know, turning the headquarters into a museum, that he will sack senior leaders in the FBI, and he will go after agents who have misused and abused their power. So no wonder that there's a lot of people who do not like this appointment. And of course Trump appointed the current FBI director who will now have to be sacked to make way for Patel. But things were very different when Trump came to the White House the first time. He'd never been the president before, perhaps had not estimated correctly just how bad things were in the deep state. Now he's going for people who he knows have got the goods, that people whom he trusts personally, and people who are on record has been committed to doing the very things that Trump is wanting to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, As I've said before, this is his last shot at it. But he can't run again after this, so he's got the opportunity to get hell for leather. He doesn't have to worry about re election, and if he wants to get anything done, he's only got four years to get it done. So he is hitting the ground running here. I mean, what a radical idea to say that law enforcement agencies should actually be about enforcing the law rather than having an ideological bent. And of course that is scary to the people who run it and the people who are advantaged by that. They will say it's a threat because it is now a threat to them. I mean, they've used it as a threat. They've used it as a threat against their ideological enemies for such a long time, and suddenly the gun is going to be turned on them because it will be doing what it is meant to actually do. What a crazy idea, and this is exactly what Trump was elected to do, was to drain the swamp. Now he gave it a go last time, He's certainly going to going to give it a proper go this time. That is what he has been charged to do. This is what the American people want and you know what, so often government we find things they just did the same thing over and over again. The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and getting a different result. And a lot of people, of course, who are used to, you know, orderly usual governments, I can't believe he's doing this. Well, what they were doing before wasn't working, So what the hell, Let's just try something else out. Who cares if it fails. Let's give something else a go and see if it actually works. What a crazy idea.
Speaker 3: One thing for sure, the next four years in the United States is going to be fascinating viewing to see what happens there. Let's come back to Australia, where this week we've had one of the most spectacular backflips that you can imagine. Australia's second largest pub chain said yesterday that none of their two hundred pubs around the country would be celebrating or even acknowledging.
Speaker 4: Australia Day next year.
Speaker 3: However, after a massive backlash today, they've apologized for all the confusion. They originally said that they would not be even acknowledging January twenty sixth because it was a day of sadness.
Speaker 4: And hurt for many many people.
Speaker 3: Clearly these guys were not around earlier this year when Woolworth's did much the same and copped an absolute she lacking. So they quickly after the backlash changed their mind and today issued at groveling apology saying it's not for us to tell anyone whether or how to celebrate Australia Day. We acknowledge that and we apologize for our comments.
Speaker 4: Liz.
Speaker 3: The Olympic Games is not until twenty thirty two. But these guys have absolutely nailed the bad wind.
Speaker 4: That was fast.
Speaker 3: But will it save their business? Clearly they are very scared because the names of all the pubs right around the country were published. People immediately I was watching online, people were canceling events that they were having their left, right and center.
Speaker 4: The backlash was stern.
Speaker 3: They've apologized, but is the apology makeup for it or are people just jack of organizations corporations doing this kind of thing?
Speaker 4: Your apologies lame. We don't believe it, we don't accept it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was done. You've shown your hand. We know where you stand.
Speaker 5: You don't love our country, you aren't patriots. Why would we want to frequent your pub on our national day.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the damage is done period.
Speaker 5: Thanks for the apology. We know you don't mean it, you were just forced into it. And I love looking at the shareholders in these situations because when we were talking about Woolworths earlier this year, when they tried this on and similarly got smacked by the Australian public.
Speaker 1: It Beard mentioning that two of their.
Speaker 5: Top three shareholders a black Rock and Vanguard. These aren't Australian owned companies, and both black Rock and Vanguard are lefties. They do nothing to hide it. So it's not a Woolworth's manager sitting in Australia being like, you know what, we're not gonna set No, it is far further up the food chain. And when we're talking about these guys Australian Venue Co, the name is very deceiving because these guys were bought in August of last year by pag Asia Capital to approximately the tune of one point four billion dollars. So that's two hundred Australian pubs not in Australian hands at all, operating under.
Speaker 1: The name Australian Venue Co. So if anything for.
Speaker 5: Me, that's another reason to boycott them. I don't want to give you my money. I will find Australian owned and operated pubs and I'll celebrate my National Day there, thanks very much. And like you say, the list has already gone viral. The damage has already been done. Everything that I've seen online about this is people saying I don't care, I'm still boycotting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and of course you know, they've made an apology, but they haven't actually walked back what was their original intention, which was we're not going to celebrate Australia Day in the pub. They've apologized for the hurt they've caused by pointing that out, but they haven't actually really walked it back. I forget who I heard say at this afternoon on radio, but if they really believed in it, they should shut all of their pubs on Australia Day. Because of course everyone will be going to the pub on Australia Day because it's Australia Day. So if you don't want to, you know, if you want to make a point about Australia Day, don't take the money from more than that.
Speaker 3: The problem with Australia Day is that that was the beginning of colonization, right, so there'll be no pubs on colonization.
Speaker 2: Then what are you doing in the country? Get out. It's an odd point that.
Speaker 3: I mean, these guys sell alcohol and they make money from Pokey's, but they take their moral stance.
Speaker 2: On January twenty sex direct correct. Then that was exactly what Paul said on the Sunday Showdown last night. Paul Murray, he said, you know, I'm sure they've got Pokey's in the pubs. I can hear an a bit about the socially too, fighting your rip the Pokey's out first and very quickly before we go to a break. While we're talking about alcohol, you might have seen this story over the weekend. The bureaucrats in New South Wales from lick At Licensing had this crazy idea that they would go around trying all the ready to drink spirits, the preme expirits. You know it comes in a canned bourbon and coke or ram and coke or you know hard rated used to be called hard solo, et cetera. They're going to go around and taste all of them and then ban them if they believed they were too tasty, because it would encourage you to drink too much of it, or that kids would take them up. I wish I was joking about that, but that's the sort of stuff that nanny state bureau has st end up with.
Speaker 3: In this I thought you were about to say, I wish I could have been appointed to taste.
Speaker 2: Oh well, if I'd been made to.
Speaker 5: Taste an unofficial taste.
Speaker 2: Nothing, nothing would be banned. But at least i'd get free grond through the process. But I am glad to report that at least, for once a politician has stood up to the bureaucrats and said back in your box, buddy. The premiere of New South Wales, Christmins, today came out and said, we have too much regulation as it is. Would you just buzz off?
Speaker 8: There's too much regulation, too much red tape in New South Wales. It sits on business that makes it difficult to make a quid and it also I think inhibits adults making own decisions about their lives.
Speaker 2: Long may freedom rain in the state of New South Wales. I mean, the fact that they even thought this up in the first place is an outrage. And the argument that they always make about or what about the kids? The kids are going to take it up because it's got solo in it. A kid can't walk into a bottle shop and buy a drink because you have to be over the age of eighteen. If the problem is that it's being sold to kids, go and lock up the people who are selling the drinks to kids, not ban the drink. It's like saying we're going to ban cigarettes because some kid is smoking them by the bike shed. Well, actually they did that with vapes and look how that's turned out. You don't ban the product because a kid got hold of it.
Speaker 4: Is this a little too convenient?
Speaker 3: Like bureaucrats come out on Saturday with this outrageous plan and then on Monday, Chris Min's rides in doing his most impression of Great Hearts Day Freedom Man, and all of.
Speaker 4: A sudden he saves the day.
Speaker 3: Surely the premier would know about this plan to ban these sorts of drinks before it's released to the public, wouldn't not necessarily?
Speaker 2: I mean, if this has been cooked out by some bureaucrats in a back room and it gets leaked to the newspaper, would youurocrat PREMI is not watching everything.
Speaker 1: That they work for the government.
Speaker 2: They should do it's all pretty I like your.
Speaker 5: Way of thinking if this is how some of this stuff works, and I want to make sure that clip lives on in infamy because next time the men's governments goes nanny state on us, we can just play that on Loop.
Speaker 1: Thanks Premium in.
Speaker 4: We're going to take a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow, including a family court decision to grant cross sex hormones to a teenager against the father's wishes.
Speaker 4: That's coming up in this money Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at what's making news tomorrow, and surprise, surprise, the Daily Telegraph has got more bad news for people who'd like to, you know, use electricity.
Speaker 2: Kalb Indeed it does power union snubs hefty pay deal and hold state to ransom. It is shock and more families in regional New South Wales face three day blackouts if the fragile energy grid goes down. With Sparky's it essential energy to walk off the job for seventy two hours every week until Christmas in a major escalation of bitter wage disputes worth two hundred and seventy five million dollars. Now I understand that you are entitled to conduct. And what's the word I'm looking for, not strikes? What's the losing losing the plot here tonight? Industrial action?
Speaker 1: Monday?
Speaker 2: Heyo, I know it's Monday, but I'm going to the cricket at the end of the week, and I'm just thinking about the cricket anyway. Industrial action is what I'm going for. I understand that you are within your rights to conduct industrial action, but surely in cases like this where it is an essential service. The same applies to hospitals, et cetera. Surely the state government should be able to intervene through the courts and have this kind of thing stopped. Because if you can have your connection to power put at risk because some union thug says he wants a seventy five percent pay rise or whatever it might be, that is not on, it should not be on.
Speaker 3: You know what got my attention about this story is the pay rise dispute is over two hundred and seventy five million dollars, which every person who reads this front page tomorrow is going to think. Two hundred and seventy five reminds me of something. I don't want a million notice, but like two hundred and seventy five the promise. Instead we're getting everyone else is getting money and the poor old taxpayers are getting jack all after being promised the world.
Speaker 4: Indeed, let's go to.
Speaker 3: The front page of the Canberra Times. The Royal Commission into the Defense Force came back with what was one hundred and twenty two recommendations. The government is going to act on one hundred and four of those, but there was one that got our attention. This article details it. Overall overhaul means the boot for ADF sex offenders, reads the headline. Australian's Defense Force will make sweeping changes to how it manages sexual violence in its ranks, including here's the surprise, mandatory discharges for ADF members convicted of sexual offenses. No surprise is that this is not already happening. Specifically, they're listing things like sexual harassment, intimate image abuse, stalking, and that's on top of things like sexual violence. It beggars belief that you could have committed one of these crimes and then gone back to your troop, your platoon, whatever you call it, where you've got to work closely with other people in extreme pressure situations, and.
Speaker 4: There beside you, how could this have not already been in place.
Speaker 5: It makes you wonder if the ADF is just like, look, we've failed our our yearly recruitment targets every year since twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: We're just gonna you know, maybe maybe maybe.
Speaker 5: It's okay, because why else wouldn't you just boot them out of the forces. I mean, we know that what they're doing really badly in the recruitment stakes. We've got just over fifty nine thousand at the moment in the ADF. We're supposed to be reaching a very improbable eighty thousand by twenty forty.
Speaker 1: I don't like our chances.
Speaker 5: Maybe that is some of the thinking that's gone into oh well, maybe it's minor, and were they actually convicted or are they just someone's bought a complaint, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 4: As it could be the opposite.
Speaker 3: Maybe recruiting numbers are so bad because no one wants to be sharing a dorm with.
Speaker 2: A good pointe. Once again, it's just another mark on which the ADF has failed. You know what, we're talking about using hawks or something to take out drones because we don't have any drones of our own, and it just goes to show how poorly treated our ADF personnel quite often are. I mean, we know the suicide rates in the military are so much higher than the general community. And imagine, you know, you are charged with defending your country, so you are already in a precarious mental position quite possibly, and then you could will have been sent off to work with someone who has a sexual offense conviction, and that there was no problem scene with that. Like the level on which we have failed our military men and women in so many ways is a disgrace.
Speaker 5: Calling to the front page of the Herald Son now activists cashing in the slash reads American clothing giant Patagonia.
Speaker 2: I never heard of them.
Speaker 5: The winner of Apple founder Steve Jobs, and the Albanese government have joined forces to fund the litigation that is stymying job creating energy projects right across the country. Millions of dollars in overseas donations to the Environmental Defender's Office comes on top of almost fifteen million dollars in taxpayer funds from the federal and state governments over the past five years that have been used to stall resource developments in the court.
Speaker 1: My goodness, what next?
Speaker 3: The fact genuinely the fact that the tax paplayers are funding this let alone activities funding our own demanded belief.
Speaker 5: Now these people are like virtues in being like, oh yes, the Environmental Defender's Office. We are literally this is self inflicted agony here by our own government, and now we've got these guys piling on top.
Speaker 2: I know, it's a bit like all the big overseas companies and law firms that then come into Australia now and run class actions because they think they can make a back out of it. I mean, you know, their ambulance chases these people. The widow of Steve Jobs is going to tell us how we should run environmental manage in our country. Bug her off. Let's go to the front of the Odds tomorrow, where it says court grants team access to cross six hormones. A genderus for a fifteen year old has been granted access to cross sex hormones despite a family court judge starting a void of legal precedent on the consequences of people regretting their change of gender and medically trying to reverse their decision. It goes on to say that the child, which was known to the court as Kelly has a developed mental disorder, has identified as a girl since she was a toddler, and is currently experiencing bone degeneration, which is at least partly caused by the puberty blockers have been taking since twenty twenty two. So we actually have a medical problem here that is being caused by these drugs. The father disagrees, and the court is put in the position of having to make these decisions one case or another about what someone is you is or isn't a child, or isn't allowed to do when you have a colle disagreement between parents. I understand that that is what the court is there to do, but the court doesn't always make the right decision.
Speaker 5: And what's terrifying is the court has cited a lack of legal precedent.
Speaker 1: And then gone on to set a terrible precedent.
Speaker 5: So when in courts in future, we'll look back at this case and go, oh, well, that's what was decided.
Speaker 1: We have a precedent here, I mean, oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: The article goes on to point out this is not the only case currently before Australian courts where parents are arguing over whether or not their child should be allowed to change gender.
Speaker 4: We're going to take a break. When we come back.
Speaker 3: A woman battles a tiger snake as she drives down a Melbourne freeway.
Speaker 4: We'll show you that. Just a moment.
Speaker 3: Well before we came on air, Liz was telling Caleb and I how she was once very distracted and afraid while driving a car because a daddy long legs climbed up her leg. We said, what are you serious? She said no, no, it was a huntsman. But Liz, you've got nothing on what this woman from Melbourne was.
Speaker 5: Batley, I didn't say I was afraid for the record, did I said? I would be petrified of a snake, But spiders, I'm perfectly okay with huntsmands. Their mouths are too small to bite you, so genuinely, I just scoop them up.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite party trick.
Speaker 5: But this woman going a t k's on the Monash Freeway. Ladies and gentlemen, brace your cells. This is one for the nightmare. Bucket felled something climbing up her leg and looked down to discover a tiger snake, just the fourth most venomous snake in the world. How do you think you would go in that situation. I mean props to her for not having a prang or a pile up on the Monash Freeway.
Speaker 1: I think that would have.
Speaker 5: Been actually quite justified under those circumstances. But she kept it together then called the police and they just came and yanked him from the car.
Speaker 1: Cool, calm and collected.
Speaker 3: When the snake catcher got there, the snake had disappeared because it crawls into all the cavities of the car.
Speaker 4: But he knew it was a tiger snake. I didn't realize.
Speaker 3: They give off a distinct smell, and he knew immediately that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Thank you, National Geographic.
Speaker 2: I imagine a woman would be worried enough knowing that something was slithering up her leg, not let alone to fight out it was a tiger snake, the Heaven's sake, and very quickly before we go have a look at this legend in the United States. He knows who his president is now and he wants everyone else to.
Speaker 4: Know it too.
Speaker 12: I love that.
Speaker 2: And of course you probably remember QR codes from COVID when you're too bloody checking in everywhere. But how good he's walking around and you know people, Oh, I wonder what this is all about. And they go out and scared and then like, oh no, I didn't want to see Trump. It's just another way to fool the lefties into knowing that Trump is president again. Hippie watching that.
Speaker 3: I now know what I want for Christmas. That's it from us, good night, but stick around. Coming up is The Reader Penny Show.