Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Maturing Podcast with me Joshua Fox, coming to you live from Melbourne today. I after catching up with I think nine different cast members, and I've now frantically just turned my hotel room into a makeshift studio just to get these updates out as quickly as I can before I forget. And also I'm a bit drunk, so yeah, bear with me, but I can now reveal who's together present day, who's not together present day, and who appears to be getting back together present day. Also before we jump in, I just want to shout out to people here in the Volo Hotel self. Yarra. They randomly recognize me from this podcast and listen and just said they'd pause the vacuum in the hallway while I record this in my room, So thank you for that. We love clean audio. Okay, So basically on Thursday I found out that there was some kind of cast reunion happening here in Melbourne and Friday lunchtime at a restaurant and I just fought fuck it and jumped on a plane with no idea what to expect. And I found this out through like media. Often when there's like a celebrity booking in a venue, they might pass that to the press and the pub, and that made its way to me. Again. I flew here with no idea if it was even true what was happening, And then bang on two thirty, the time I was told the castody arriving. I turned around and oh, there's Rie and Karina being dropped off by Jeff, which means I can confirm what we probably already suspected, that Ree and Jeff still together. He gave her a massive kiss, so she got out the cayle a little hug, and then they kind of walked over to me, and Karina tried to make out that her and Paula also still together, even though he wasn't there. Ladies, ladies, have you got a second the maps Ony podcast, how weed in? We've got Ree and Karna. Hey, now it's Valentine's Day? Yeah, you've got no husband? What's happening?
Speaker 2: Didn't you just see her husband drop us off?
Speaker 1: Jeff? Well, where is your where's your husband?
Speaker 2: Well? I mean I'm right here in Melbourne, so my husband's working in the mines.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, wait, hang on a minute. I heard a rumor earlier this week that you had lunch with Drake in Perth and then she told me this. Now, Karina have to ask the other day you go for dinner, Drake pays for it. What happened?
Speaker 2: It's actually lunch.
Speaker 1: So sorry about the specifics. Yeah, I do just one go out and then Drake buys your lunch.
Speaker 2: Well, it's pretty simple. I've got friends that are international and they've lived overseas and they came on tour for Drake's concert in Australia and we all, yeah, converse with them, organized it got ready. My girlfriend's also a fashion designer, so us girls are like, coo, we're gonna get dressed up and wear some of the pieces to lunch. And yeah, they were there at the same time. It just happened to be good timing.
Speaker 1: So did you say hello to Drake? Yes? See, my perception would be if someone's out there and Drake's buying your lunch, she's probably a single lady.
Speaker 2: No, they're just gentlemen.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that Karina's just talking about having lunch with Drake and his friends as if it's the most casual thing in the world and we all do it when he's in town. On tour. I although she gave no in a way about her and Paul and kind of pedaled out the pr line that yes, they're still going strong, I just get the feeling that, nah, they are done, but time will tell. Before these two went inside, though, I also wanted to apologize to Ree. I don't know if you guys remember, but I was actually at her wedding in July and I shared those first videos of me crashing the wedding and revealing how her and Jeff knew each other. Those videos ended up getting like ten million views, and I basically just ruined that whole storyline of two x's being matched, which ended up like going viral all around the world because this is an international franchise and it's never been done before. I would like to apologize to you for ruining your whole storyline. At the start of filming, I think I had ten million views. Yeah, thanks so much. Was that a shock? It was a definite shock. Yeah, definitely unexpected. So we're gonna say it wasn't stage. She had no idea, zero idea on heart, zero idea. Well, I'm glad that you are still together. No comment, no comment, Okay, Well, ladies, lovely for me if I give you coming on the Math Funny podcast. Next up, we had Katie arriving and I gave her a massive hug on behalf of all of Australia. Look here it is. It's Katie on the Mass Funny podcast. How are we doing? I'm not here. It's all an illusion. But life's good. It's very good. We do love you, Katie. Can I give you a kiddle? I'm so happy for her. The beverly Katie. You're going through here and upstairs, have the best evening. Then we had Athena, Jamie and intruder Beth, who will meet on the show within the next week or so I believe, and Jamie pretty much confirmed the news we'd all been waiting for that. Yes, her and Dave still together, but he wasn't there because it's a girl's lunch. Hi, Jamie, how are you doing? Where's Dave? Is Valentine's Day? Where's Dave?
Speaker 2: He's our home waiting for me.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get so love is real. I also had another apology, this time for Athena. I just want to say I am so sorry. No just to fight. You're paid with Adrian, no comment, no comment, okay, have a lovely Valentine's. Happy Valentine's. As the girls are then enjoyed the lunch, I bounced for a couple of hours to go meet a manor for certain app to have a bit of Valentines fun of my own, which Athena somehow guessed and told everyone as the girls left the venue later on and I was back there reporting live Yes, I've been in, comeback. I thought she went on.
Speaker 2: Ada came there.
Speaker 1: And then as the girls were all giggling and living life, I noticed Beth the intruder, kind of stood a bit awkward, unsure if to join in, if to stay hidden, as technically she hasn't been officially announced it, but I already know she's an intruder, so yeah, it was. It was a bit weird. Okay, ladies, how is the Valentine's lunch? Who wants to speak? Happy Valentine's girl?
Speaker 2: It was delicious with yay.
Speaker 1: I do oh? Do you want? Someone introduce Beth? But then Afena took my microphone. The rest of the girls hid Beth behind them in a circle, and then they did a little announcement, you know, for the Mass Funny podcast Meet Beth high Mass.
Speaker 2: Funny, We're gonna introduce you to a new bride that you haven't met yet, the gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Hi guys, it's me Beth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, oh god, I know.
Speaker 1: We call it Depresson where I'm from Depressed and Preston. And it turns out Beth is from a town about forty minutes from mine back in the UK, and her accent is even harder to understand the mind, So good look with that people. Oh yeah, do you know what I've got fucking leafing me eye? No, I'm not even joke. So this is Beth, I've got leafing me fucking I'm met anyway, Yeah, welcome to the experiment. Thank you. I'm very fucking excited to be here. I really am. Just wait and see. Still single. Then I thought i'd have a little chat with Ashley, who obviously left the show a few days earlier, with Jake, How are you Ashley? I'm doing fabulous? How are you? Yeah? How's live? Post show life is fabulous? As always? Still talking to Jake? Are we over there? We're done with him? No? Never again? Have you spoke since the show? Would you like to speak to him again? Absolutely? Not? Okay, fund Look since the show. No, maybe tonight. I don't know why I sounded so suggestive when I said that, as if like I was hinting she's going to meet me. I'm gay. And you know what was lovely though, just how much the girls are rallied around Kate and how happy and glowing Kate looked like compared to how we've seen her on the show, Like it was genuinely just lovely to see now Kate. It's so nice to see you smiling. Have you got a new boyfriend? Many bedside draw full of them. But then as the girls all started getting into the ubers to go to the next place, Athena remained she wasn't carrying on the little girls Valentine's Day out with them? And before I could even ask, are you calling it early? Having an early one? Like what's to go? A car pulls up with a man dangling out the window holding roses, and I'm sad to say it were Adrian. Oh damn, look he's back together, leaving the girlfriends to see the husband being a great husband. I Fina, why would you do that? Especially after we know for a fact he was on a date with another woman two weeks ago? Which I revealed on here after you guys spotted him like grabbing this chick's ass with video and picture evidence. Also how awkward that I was slagging Adrian off to Athena as she arrived, like about him, and then you know she was already planning and leaving that venue early because he was picking her up. Now, to me, this could mean two things. Firstly, they're getting back together, which fucking hope not. Or secondly, it's Channel nine kind of pushing out a fake PR spin just to start these rumors and like the knew I'd be there or op Press would be there, and I don't know. It all just felt too too set up, like oh, there's this girls were in and where press are going to be outside? And then oh, let's send Adrian who doesn't even live in Melbourn, Like why is he there? And all let's have him dangling roses out the window shouting happy Valentine's They're like to me, it just screams fake And it also screams Channel nine getting desperate to distract from maybe other negative headlines and stuff out there, and yeah, just trying to sell this happy ending. I don't know, leave it with me. I shall be investigating. That's all for this podcast, but stay tuned because there will be a part two very soon with a very big spoiler involving I won't say too much yet because I don't want to get ahead myself, but here's here's a little preview. After I dropped the bombshell. None of them knew that I knew. I know, yeah, yeah, she's slapping me. Fucking husband.
Speaker 2: You're not a fan.