Speaker 1: Dan, good morning, do you good morning guys?
Speaker 2: Great avenu in Dan. We had Cochi on the other day and he gave it wasn't a red up, It was a bit of a we need to get things back on track. Is that the mood among the players too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is, it is for sure. I think you know, we've had had had a message during the week that you know, we need to be better and we've definitely embraced that this week. And you know, it's all areas of the ground bids, forwards and backs and you know, contests, defense and an offense as well that we need to get better at and we're working hard at it and hopefully it can turn tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Because a weird old season, isn't it. Like you know, if you won the other day, you'd be second, wouldn't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is. We would have been second, and I think now we're seventh. And even if you look at this weekend, there's a lot of teams on the same points, yes, or or were about to be on the same points as us. It's that that little pack that is growing and you know, we need to make sure we can still bank those wins. A lot of changes. Yeah, there is I think there was four. I was reading before, so there is a few, and I think I think all those changes, you know, shore up the team a little bit. You know, we've got some really begins and hopefully they can get us going this weekend.
Speaker 1: Does a coach for warn the squad when there's going to be a week like this? Does does someone does he say at the start of the week, we're making changes because we're not happy with the ways going or is it always a surprise when the team comes out.
Speaker 3: I think he doesn't necessarily allude to changes, but he alludes that this week, you know, he's probably a week where we've we've got to learn and we've got to get better because what we did on the weekend wasn't wasn't us and we looked at all areas of the game where we can get better and we worked on that during the week. It was a short week, so it's sort of good because you can move on quickly, but you've got to maximize your time at the club to make sure you're doing everything you can to turn around.
Speaker 1: What about Logan Evans, he's been at the club for three weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's been at the club for three it's actually been there, to be fair, a fair bit longer. He's been there since probably just the start of pre season, been on the list. We've been on the list for three weeks. So yes, he has been on list for three weeks. He does know a lot more than a lot more than that because he has been at the club for a while. It's really exciting, you know, is at my end of the ground, so I get to sort of Keith and I on him and see how he's going, and I'm looking forward to what he brings. He's competitive and you know, he's got a lot of assets in offense as well, which I'm sure we'll see.
Speaker 1: What kind of character does HEAs heasy up for the game? Is he given to get nervous sort? What's how would you introduce him to the port fans that are listening.
Speaker 3: He's very confident, so he's going to go for stuff. He's going to he's going to attack, and he's going to put his body on the line in defense. And I'm really excited to see. He definitely won't shy away from anything, and he's definitely not a nervous kid. I'm sure he'll be embracing the opportunity.
Speaker 2: We were talking before to Timmy g Dan about the two thousand and four Premiership.
Speaker 1: How were you then?
Speaker 3: I was seven? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, he had no memory of it.
Speaker 3: I reckon I watched it, but I don't have any sort of memory. Yeah, yeah, I remember Brisbane and Port were always in the final for about three years. Yeah, that's all about I remember. That's a bit of a blur even all that.
Speaker 2: With the twenty anniversary celebrations, is that something that the current crop of younger blokes like you were going to be involved in it all over the weekend.
Speaker 3: As much as the guernsey, I'm looking forward to wearing the guernsey. I reckon it looks sick. I reckon it should be our home Gerzy every week.
Speaker 1: He's a great jumper.
Speaker 3: In terms of four squad, we haven't had much interaction with them. I think they're in our Guard of honor this week, so looking forward to seeing them. Do know a few of them, some are even our coaches, Chad of course and Josh cars So looking forward to representing them and having a little bit more on the line to play for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should acknowledge you'r in ripping form at the moment. You're five on the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kicks your record? My record, I think of forty one against Carlton. That's my record and I don't think i'll get close again.
Speaker 1: Who at the club if I was to ask them what their record number of disposals? Needs no time to think about it. Who's the big stats?
Speaker 3: I reckon like I reckon some of the blacks A get like Aleah would know he's max disposals because you know that's, you know, an added extra firm. I think you know you look at your Bokey's and jolly wines. They probably don't know because they max out all the time. I reckon lea Elia would know exactly how many best disposals?
Speaker 1: Do you have an awareness? Do you come off the green and sometimes and go I didn't realize I was get a man's like that many times? Or do you always do? You always sort of find ah, you know, and you had a pretty good day.
Speaker 3: I got amongst it. I think sometimes you sort of get a bit surprised because I kicked the footy a lot, so it feels like every time I kick, I feel like that's it. That's a disposal there. Sometimes you get some little handballs and you completely forget about them and then you get after the game and you're like, yeah, I actually had more than I did. So sometimes you do have a rough idea. Sometimes you get a bit surprised.
Speaker 1: So what do you put down your form at the moment's quality? Because as the side has been strongly I think we spoke about it a little bit last week as well. You've been you've been in an Australian form again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think for me, you know, I've been I've been set in my position for a good two years now. The continuity for me being able to play each week, being able to put my put my body out there to train each week and not miss the session is for me, that's the best way for me to be consistent and that's reflected in my form, I think, And I think you know, for every every player and every team, we've had injuries and we've had people get in and out changed position and that can throw you out a little bit. For me, I've been pretty set.
Speaker 2: You seem really massively committed to your footy, like you seem to take it super sill Like we've met players who sort of drift in and out a bit and they play, but then their minds elsewhere during the road. But it really seems to be like an all consuming passion for you, Dan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for me, I love footy. I love watching footy. I love every little bit about it. Always ask the coaches questions and try and pick their brains, and I just love footy. I love playing footy, but also I like switching off. Like when I'm at the club, I do everything I can try and maximize myself and then once that's done, I'm done the other day.
Speaker 1: Good way to approach you're you're in Brisbane's head, you would have seen the thing that they're playing never tearists apart.
Speaker 3: At training, I did say that I think every team has their way of getting up for the game and it obviously provides a little bit of energy for them too, a little bit of difference. And you know, I don't think we're in their head, but I think, you know, they're preparing really well for a big game, which I'm sure it will be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be fascinating to so I thought that if it sort of it feels like one of those games where neither side can afford to lose, what I.
Speaker 3: Would have thought, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Given the lessons luned by the Adelaide Football Club about the psychological power of listening to other clubs theme songs, that Brisbane would not go down that path.
Speaker 3: Yeah it wasn't on a bus though.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they've been using indigenous message sticks as well, and they'll be making the front page for the next five years like we're dared.
Speaker 1: All the best, but catch up again. We'll catch up again next week, thank you very much. Guys at ninety dollars any Monday to Wednesday, the Bok and the Tabernix Elsion Lighthouse Wharf. You just know it's a Bureau hotel. David Penberthy and Will Goodings six to line five, double a breakfast