Speaker 1: Apod Shake production goalk back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mama Podcast? It's funny how in tune we were with each other today because I haven't seen you until you walked in to do the podcast recording. But we are wearing the exact same colors.
Speaker 2: I know. And then I had a laugh and because I was like sitting here and we're like prepping, and then I like look down and then You've got zips on the side of your pants and I've got zips at the front of my pants, and then we're matching colors. And then all you said to me was I just wanted to be comfy this morning. I did too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I dressed for my day if I have to dress up, which I don't really like doing, to be honest anymore.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm like that with he going out, Like I've had a few different events and even the idea of now, like knowing I've got to go to an event tonight, I have to wear heels. I dread it all day. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love whoever decided and probably for the last few years now, the sneakers go everything everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got a race day coming up soon and I've tried. I still haven't got an outfit, but I have literally tried to find something black and white with a touch of red, and I thought, if I can nail this so it's a bit of viby, I might be able to pull up snoos, Am I a bad mum for having a warped sense of humor?
Speaker 1: What was that lot for?
Speaker 2: Okay, so our girls, well, yours are way past. So you can truly see your sense of humor coming out your children, right, because they're sixteen, they've got their own. But there's a little bit of you and a little bit of JA. Like it's a mixture kind of thing. The girls being ten and twelve where a little bit earlier in that stage where you're just sort of seeing it blossom. Elsie's sarcasm at the moment is out of this world, out of control. But I know exactly where it comes from because I'm messed up like that. I'm sarcastic all the time, well not all the time. I'd save three quarters. You know, it's a give or take, Like I look and go, I'm gonna warp sense of humor. I actually find it funny that my child is reversed sarcasm and towards me like I find it funny because I go, oh, this is good. That was a good one. Now, and I think I sent this to you. The other day, I popped out to the shop I had left Elsie. I think I can do that. I don't know whether she's too young anyway. I was in close proximity, but I only gone to Ida, so it's literally around the corner. And it was in the middle of the day and I said to her, and I gave clear instructions, I'm going to get this for your lunch, and at that time, I want you to put your bag in your room, just like three little things that had been annoying me for the morning. And I'll go and do that for you, because she wanted something in particular for lunch. You do x y Z yep, yep done. You get home. She hasn't done it. No, I'm at IgA in that short space of five minutes, and she is then on her iPad that I hate her doing. Are you still at the shops? This is her messaging me whilst at Ida, whilst trying to just get a couple of things, while she's got three jobs to do. Are you still at the shops. Question Mark, by the way, I just want to know how much time I have to do my jobs and then like spraise me with all of these like what are they called gifts of like people just cleaning like poor me, like vibe of her having to clean the floor. No, I didn't ask you to clean the floor. I just asked you for it. But genuinely, I was standing in IgA and I'm replying going, I'm five minutes, I'm nearly home, Get off your iPad. But I'm actually standing in the middle of ij looking at this conversation I'm now having with my ten year old on her iPad with all these gifts, and I was laughing my head off. Didn't say that to her, but that is and.
Speaker 1: It's essentially text you with a photo like she's a slave child, She's a slave, She's Cinderella.
Speaker 2: She she is feeling like she is a slave. And all I've given her is like three minimal tasks. I wouldn't even call it a job.
Speaker 1: Do you think that we just haven't given our kids enough to do over the years in terms of jobs, because mine know the exact same. I'll say, you just need to feed your animal, Yeah, they're arguing over it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right.
Speaker 1: The other day we were going somewhere and I said, just so you know, there's a bunch of stuff in the fridge for lunch. You've got this option, this option, this option. Come home later on, I go, what do you have lunch? Actually I didn't even need to ask for it, because all over the kitchen I was like, first of all, you had two minute noodles standard, which is the laziest of lazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Secondly, why is the packet on top of the side where the bin is underneath? Why is that stuff? You've literally made them simplest of lunches. It's literally packet open in a pan, hot water. Packet goes in the bin, pan goes in the dishwasher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why is it still out? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because they argue over who said they were going to do it and she was supposed to do it, and I just fucking.
Speaker 2: Just do it, shut up and do it. I went out of my way this morning to sort of see that situation unfold a little bit. This is how warped I am. Right. So the whole situation is Sam has gone to the bench done something. This is where my children learn it from because it's not me. I can tell you. I can assure you it's not me. Sam's going to bench, made himself something a little snacky and then like proceeds to put away half of this shit he dragged out, but then leaves the butter right in the center of the bench. So if you were to talk about clear as day, it's clear as fucking day. I can see it. It's the only thing that's left on the bench. And I was like, I think he's doing it to irk me. And then I was like, no, Rachel, this is nope, that's not for you to pick up and put away. Leave it there and don't say anything. And then I walk past ten minutes later, it's still sitting there. And then I go past and it's still I was like starting to like twitch at this stage, and you know what, It's still on the bench. Yeah, because out of principle, I couldn't put it away.
Speaker 1: No, but it does our heads in Well, why did you leave it out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? If my eyes are drawn to it, how can you not see it? Yeah, your arm's in your legs and your eyes got it out of the fridge, so how can you not see it? Now? I don't get it no.
Speaker 1: Then could text him going, could you please put the butter away? And he'll text you with a picture of him being like Cinderella. He's a slave in this house's slave slave.
Speaker 2: I genuinely find those small things. They irk me and I know, like we talk about it all the time. How do you control like, you know, stop trying to control everything? They gotta learn. How do you teach them if they're a forty year old man.
Speaker 1: They don't care.
Speaker 2: No, it's like another child.
Speaker 1: They don't care if the butter is left out, just the same as they don't care about wrapping bacon and putting it back in the fridge. They'll put it back in.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, no, let it go. No.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what happens because none of them cares.
Speaker 2: You know who's like that in our family? Nanade, Nanady loves that. Oh pop that back in the fridge. No wrap? What why you're trying to kill yourself? What you want salmonella? I'll slip you around the face with a chicken fill it like, I actually, what is wrong with you? Just put some fucking cling raup on it. She irks me about that. She puts some clean up. It takes two seconds. In the time that you've turned around and put it in the fridge, you could have put clean raup on it. She just I don't know what your problem is, Rachel, And you're like, what the fuck? How is it me? I don't want Salmonelle