Speaker 1: I'll get a team. It's it's Maddie, It's tiff Tiffany Ankok, who actually has my name on her screen, which is somewhat confusing. Why do you have my name on your screen at the moment.
Speaker 2: Because I've just thought i'd try it.
Speaker 3: On just.
Speaker 1: For today, Like what the name it feels? What could go wrong? We could go I might just send all the hate emails to you.
Speaker 3: You can tell you what though, I feel very bloody smart, but this PhD is hard work.
Speaker 2: I'm tapping out. I'm going back to cook athletes.
Speaker 1: You and me, both, you and me both, I'll tell you what. It's been been hard on Melissa doing it, though. I must check in and see how she's going with my research now I've just been cheering her on from the sidelines. You know what, do you know what people don't realize when you do a PhD? Hi Maddie, by the way, Hi.
Speaker 3: Hey, i thought i'd try on this Craig Harper name, so I've changed mine to Craig Harper as well.
Speaker 1: Or a fucking idiot. He actually has just put my name in his bloody little screen as well. So now that's funny though. What people don't realize when you do a PhD is that you have a team. Like every person who does a PhD, it's not just them, it's like at least one or two research assistance, generally somewhere between two and three supervisors, and everyone contributes to what they call the project, which is your PhD. And so whenever you write, like whenever I write a paper or a draft of a paper or a draft of something, it goes into basically a like a group chats or a group document where everybody contributes and looks and goes, why do you write this? Why didn't you write that? So it's it's kind of good because you get support and you get feedback and you get direction, but it's also very vulnerable because you've got to write your shit and then go is this rubbish? But yeah, I'm very fortunate that I've got a good tea. But we're getting there six months maybe July fifteenth, that's the deadline, so bigger's crossday. Yeah yeah, yeah, have you been Maddie? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good, Fortunately not doing a PhD, but yeah, you know, life's been a bit wild lately, but we're starting to settle down before the chaos ensues.
Speaker 1: Isn't that what the kids are writing life lately on their Instagram photos. They just put up a picture and then everyone just writes life lately.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I haven't really got into Instagram munch, but it's part of my twenty twenty five project to be honest, is to post more on get into more of the trends and the fads going on over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm about to compliment you, so stand by here it comes. You've got the You've got the best podcast, and I mean this respectfully, that with the smallest audience, Like, you have a decent audience, you know what I mean, Right, you have a You have a decent audience, but your audience should be ten x twenty x what it is because the quality of your podcast and your content and your conversations is world class. So if you don't find so my listeners, if you don't follow him, follow him. He's great. He's great. That's true. It's true. I mean, how many podcasts are let's not go down that, but there's some pretty shit ones that have got quite a lot of attention. Let's be honest. People might say this one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an interesting world to be in. You know, I've had the podcast has been successful enough that, you know, I left a day job and got a little team on the back end that sort of helps out and has been helping out for years. And then yeah, it's sort of the I guess you're wrestling against algorithms and SEO titles and all of the other amazing and shitty podcasts that are out there that have attention for whatever reason. So yeah, I think, yeah, I'm pretty proud of it, but i'd love to ten exit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's say if we contend exit now before we jump into talk about food and nutrition and the science thereof which is your field. Another area that you are rapidly expanding your knowledge in is parenting, potential parenting. You're about to become a dad. Your ETA is six weeks out, am I correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's correct, that's correct.
Speaker 1: It's how's that going? How's that going?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean the Yali's pregnancy has been super challenging. She was really unwell, didn't like lost weight in the first trimester, didn't eat, didn't drink, hospital every week for fluids, vomited five times a day, So that was super challenging for her obviously, but challenging for me in the respect that I just have a massive burden of knowledge of like all the potential risks of that situation and not being able to eat. And she's already quite a slender person with a history of eight years of vegetarianism. So she got an iron in fusion yesterday, which is good thing. But yeah, after the first trimester or a few weeks after that, she sort of started to level out a little bit. And ironically, the vegetarian is now feels sick unless she eats meat. So meat is the only thing that puts her in a sort of okay place. So yeah, but it's been pretty good lately. We've moved house, we've settled, we've got some more space, and I'm really starting to send some excitement, to be honest about meeting this kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be great, mate. Well congratulations in advance, but it's going to be exciting. And you know, in terms of like you were talking about, she's now eating meat. Is that do you think that's the wisdom of the body saying, Hey, maybe this messes with your head, but I need meat.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: There's all sorts of scenarios where pregnant women or vegans or vegetarians. So there's two cases or situations. One is that vegetarian vegan couples struggle to get pregnant, even pay for IV and still don't get successful, and finally, after years and thousands of dollars, they're like, fine, I'll eat a steak and then a few months later actually conceive. And there's plenty of cases of that. And the other thing is that vegans and vegetarians that do get pregnant, there's stories and anecdotes of people dreaming, like the women dreaming about meat and like having overwhelming cravings of just wanting to eat meat, but they're wrestling with their you know, their morals and ethics and decisions about that. So yeah, I one hundred percent think that that's the body's wisdom saying this is what we need.
Speaker 1: And what do you think the like, what's the body wanting?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Iron is it? What is it that's lacking? That is you know, because we talk about buyo feedback, we talk about the wisdom of the body. You know, I talk all the time about how your body is in communication with you. But you've probably got your fingers in your ears, you know, what is it that the body needs that it's not getting when it's in that state of providing for two people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you nailed it with the protein, because you want to you're building a human right, So protein is the building blocks, are the building blocks of life. And then you're also building a blood supply right for another another being. So iron, which is what makes your blood red, is incredibly important. And for people that eat little to no meat, the iron count is usually pretty low, and and Yale's was pretty low even before we started this whole journey, which is why I kind of lovingly suggested we eat more steak and do a few more things like that. And it took her a little while because she wanted to like process those decisions and not hate me for it and all that kind of stuff. But much much like the scenarios I talked about, it was like, four weeks after introducing steak into.
Speaker 2: Her life, we were pregnant.
Speaker 3: Wow, So I joke about the contraceptive method after February being that she goes back to being vegetarian.
Speaker 1: Is she going to stay on the carnivore path post baby?
Speaker 3: Unlikely, I would imagine, But I think she's just listening to her body, and I mean the plan is to breastfeed as long as necessary, so it'll just be about her listening to her body essentially, which fortunately she didn't. She didn't necessarily go vegan or vegetarian for ethical moral reasons.
Speaker 2: It's just she felt better.
Speaker 3: So that's good because she's not wrestling with any huge demons about the kind of food she's eating.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Hey, So among other things today, I want to ask you about I want to ask you about ozen pic and the like. I don't know if we've touched on it or if we have, it must have been a while. I can't remember it in any great detail. It just and you know, like, I'm like, sometimes I think things, and I think the way that I think is not the best way to think. Like I'm aware of that, and also well, of course it's not. I mean, I'm just one human. I get a lot of things wrong, and I will continue to get a lot of things wrong, and so sometimes I'm very like, no, fuck that under no circumstances. And do you know what that should be? You know, I'm that right, Yeah, But before I give an opinion, which I kind of already have, but tell me about what ozen Pic and the like are in terms of drugs, what are they meant to do? I know this is a multi layered question, and how do they work? And then finally pros and cons if any?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean there's plenty of cons, that's for sure, but I guess yeah, there's this huge I guess explosion of people taking ozenpic and it's being sold. It was once only a diabetic drug, but it's being sold to everybody as the you know, b all and end all weight loss cure essentially, and it sort of messes with the metabolism a little bit, suppresses appetite and ideally means that people it's leading them towards eating less basically, and that is really appealing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, we're having this conversation in j that's when all of the short term, no hard work, you know, marketing goes out for everybody in the health and wellness world, and everybody gets really excited because I think we enter this state of delusion for a short period of the year where it's like, oh, okay, this will work for me, you know, like finally I've found the b all end all thing that will save my life, and whether that be you know, a personal trainer, a low carb diet, or a zenpic. We enter within this kind of state of delusion that this is the this is the answer. But the you know, I am a little bit similar to you in that a lot of the way that I deliver information is a bit can be a bit crass and direct, because I want people to you know, receive the message and at least get curious about it. And I think with those mpick there's a lot of people out there that are that are losing weight, but there's lots I've had this conversation with clients on my call that have that have tried it in the past or are trying to wean off it, and it's you know, it's caused the dysregulated gut. You know, it's given them diarrhea, vomiting, constipation issues, unable to digest food properly. They're often told as well, once you're on it, you're on it for life, so then you create a dependency. Right. So the second people come off O zen pic after a long time, weight gain happens really quick, right, and so, and this is nobody should need to be on a drug for the rest of ever. You know, if it's a problem that's got a solution that's easy to obtain on the outside of that drug. And what I mean by that is is some diseases can't be reversed and need to be managed with drugs.
Speaker 2: But we've got gyms, we've.
Speaker 3: Got eating well, we've got you know, all the programs to help you manage your sugar. You know, I get that it's unsexy, though, you know, do deep, profound, hard work and you know, move forward, one baby step at a time and maybe in five years you'll be amazing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, nobody gets excited about that.
Speaker 3: And it's like, oh, zenpic get skinny in three months and don't do anything but inject yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Look, I mean on a range of levels, it's it's mentally and emotionally and physiologically potentially problematic because as you said, you go well, so, I mean, for on a surface level, it reduces appetite, among other things, Am I correct? Right?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: So essentially essentially the weight loss mechanism is less calories, yes.
Speaker 2: You know, been talking about for a millennia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and dietitians and you know, researchers and so so, oh wow, what's the magic? Well, well, the magic is that people eat less calories, right, So it still comes down to energy balance, you know, a few other variables, but for the most part, And then you think, well, is it possible that people reduce their energy intake without that? Oh? I guess so, Brian, you know, it's like wit and I understand that it's easier if you don't have that hunger because that drug takes away that hunger. But then, as you said, how long do you do that? And then you know, I think sometimes just recognizing that, Look, I can lose weight, and I can exercise, and I can change my diet and habits and behaviors and lifestyle, but I probably won't like that process and that's okay, Like this will suck, and that's okay because it's in that stuff. It's in doing the hard stuff that you don't want to do that you build then the strength and skill and competence to be able to deal with hard stuff, you know, because what I mean losing weight when you love food and you probably have typically overeaten for a while, and now you're in a state that you don't want to be, and your fitness is low, and your obesity is high, and there are some you know, some risk factors that are presenting themselves and all of that. And there's no judgment in this, there's just you know, just conversation. But then to get from there to where you want to be is not going to be fun, quick, easy or painless. And as you said, this is the time of the year where every man in his dog has got to peel a program, a product, or a power that is fun, quick, easy and painless. You know, That's how people sell shit because we want the reward without the work. We want the top of the mountain without the climb, you know, And so that it's you know, for me, it's all about how do I actually change my body really and how do I change my body in a way that's sustainable and mentally and emotionally healthy, not just physically where I've lost some weight, but you know, when I'm depending on a drug to do a thing that I could actually do without a drug. You know, could you reduce your calories without that drug? Well, yes, yes, but with a drug it's easy, but without a drug it's not. So then we fast forward that and we go and I mean, we don't know because it hasn't been around that long. But let's go fat five years after people have started taking it for each individual and goes, so, what are the outcomes five years down the track? Are you still using the drug? Are you in good shape? Are you healthy? You know? Are you functional? Does your body work great? Are you mentally and emotionally good? Do you have great habits and behaviors and a relationship with food now? And I don't know, maybe the answer is yes to all of that, or maybe it's no, I'm a fucking train wreck now because I just created a new problem.
Speaker 3: Well it makes me think of the I guess bariatric surgery and weight loss surgery and those kinds of things. It's in the same vein, which is that you don't deal with the underlying cause of the problem, whether that be psychological or biological.
Speaker 1: A lot of.
Speaker 3: People end up gaining the weight back in a far more strategic way, but after the surgery they might like the look of what's in the mirror. Often many people don't because they have this identity crisis. But what happens is that you end up coming out with nutrient deficiencies, inability to absorb nutrients, gut issues, food intolerance as you didn't have before, and at all of those things that I just mentioned are also side effects of ozenpic. And the published data shows above sixty percent of people that tako zenpic will have side effects that involve something that you don't want, you know, And and depending on the study, you look at it and go as high as ninety to ninety five percent of people that have a side effect. And then the question is do you want to live with that side effect for the rest of your life, because gut issues and ibs and cibo and those kinds of things, they can be pretty pretty unpleasant for a long time, as opposed to the unpleasantness of going to the gym every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, all the unpleasantness of just just reducing your food. Like I remember, you know, when I when I was that fat kid. I just and I have that little epiphany that everyone on this show or all of my listeners have heard too many times. But like my strategy was just basically half of what you used to eat, and I probably ate sixty percent, but I ate the same foods I didn't because I didn't understand nutrition. I didn't know what micro and macro nutrients were I didn't understand fat, proto and carbohydrates I didn't understand, and you know, metabolism. I didn't understand the thermic effective food. I didn't understand all of these things. But I did know that there was a correlation between volume and obesity, and I just went, well, i'll work on that. I'll just eat So I ate the same foods, but I changed the quantity and I lost thirty kilos in about twenty weeks. And I was a fourteen year old who knew fuck all. But I knew that if I ate less and moved more. And I don't have great genetics, you know. And it's like, oh, so when I get an energy deficit, this thing happens, you know, And we try to do all of these fucking backflips and somersaults and trying to find this secret magic bloody pill. We go, well, how about this, Yeah, well it's easier said than done, of course it is. That's the problem everyone. How many times do people go to me, oh, easier said than done, Craig, I'm like, correct, Donna, correct, Brian. That's the fucking problem. Everyone wants easy, Like when we just go, oh, this is going to suck, and that's okay, you know, because one it works, it's effective, we'll lose the weight, our body will change. Now, let's put aside people with some real h I don't know, medical or physiological challenge, but for the bulk of the population, there's a real relationship between energy, you know, deficit and weight loss. There's an absolute positive correlation there. But then also in the doing of that, you become more resilient and adaptable and capable, and like, there's there's this other mental and emotional benefit that people don't get. That For me, that was the big thing when I changed my body and I went from identifying or feeling like this fat, useless, unathletic, unpopular, never going to be picked for a team kid to almost the opposite of that. The weight loss was great, and the fitness was great, and the change in appearance was great, But what was greater was the beginning of my understanding of my own potential. Well, when ah, fuck, if I could do these hard, horrible things for a while, they become easier and I've become better. Now when other hard shit happens, I'm okay. I'm used to hardship.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm curious to ask, though, because I'm often verbal on social media and podcasts about and critical about the eat less move more idea, And so I'm curious how you navigated the hunger, because just cutting calories usually causes a hunger deficit for most people. And that's the hard bit. That's the tricky bit, right, is managing the hunger. And if there's no resolution to that hunger, of at some point I will get the nutrition. My body is obviously craving because you can't white knuckle it forever no otherwise life. I'm terribly unpleasant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I think I went like, at some stage, I think somebody explained to me that fat is stored energy, and I went, oh, and I remember, I remember being fourteen and I could hold my fat stomach in my hands and barely get my hands around my stomach when I would sit down. I mean, it's kind of pretty gross, to be honest, like, and I'm not talking about anyone else. Don't get upset. I'm talking about me, and I'm not beating me up and I'm not hating on myself. I'm just talking about my experience. I don't send me an email. Yeah, I just remember, and I just remember thinking, Oh, all of this is calories that I can use, and that's kind of yeah. And again, you're exactly right. I don't think the way that I did it is the way to do it. I don't think izepic is the way or not the way. I just think that all of us need to figure out how do I change whatever it is I want to change, whether it's my thinking, habits, behavior's body body fat level, you know, employment status, fucking you know, emotional default setting, whatever it is, how do I do that in a healthy way and maintain it? Because I think that, like when we talk about personal transformation, be it you know, physiologically, behaviorally, emotionally, socially, relationally, financially, whatever the component of our existences that we're trying to change, the real issue is how do I change it in a healthy way and maintain the change over the long term. And I think a lot of the approaches that are taken one not healthy and two not maintainable or sustainable over the long term.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think as well, because we've referenced the fact that we're in January already, we get sold into pie in the sky ideas really easily. But you know, the most effective marketing tells you the most ridiculous outcome.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Companies are like, we've got five clients that achieved this ridiculous result, But they tell you we've worked with thousands of people that have got done really well. And it's like, well, there's a smaller handful of people that did extremely well and we'll just talk about them, right, and so, and we get sold into these delusions that we have more time, we have more capacity, that we're only going to stay in our strength. Because when you're at the gym, when you're in front of the doctor whatever, you know, seeing your consultant practitioner, you feel motivated in that moment, and that's when everything feels possible, right. And so then you go home to your screaming kids and your relationship that's not amazing, and you check your bank account and you hate your life, and it's there that you need to be able to do the stuff right. And so I'm a big believer in small goals but being excited about the journey, which which doesn't sound sexy. Again, it's like everything I sell doesn't sound sexy, right, but but you have to really want it. You have to be like, all right, I get it. I've failed for twenty five years at this Obviously I'm doing it wrong. Because often you hear that I need fast results, Mattie, I need fast results or I'll lose motivation. And I'm like, well, how many times has that worked for you in the last twenty five years. You wouldn't be talking to me if that system worked right.
Speaker 1: Correct, And I think I think you've got to really want it is true. I also think you've got to really be prepared to get uncomfortable enough for long enough. It's like this is you know, like this is Unfortunately I wish it wasn't. Like if there was an easy path and a hard path where you could produce the exact same outcome over the long term physically, mentally, emotionally, I would choose the easy path too, and I would recommend you do as well. But there isn't. There is no fucking escalated to the top of the mountain, and even if there was, even if there was, you're going to miss out because you don't get the strength and resilience and understanding and insight that comes with climbing because the work is being done, but it's not really work because you're a passenger. And then you get to the alleged top of the mountain metaphorically, and now you have no strength or perspective or skill because you didn't do anything. You just stood there. And this is the like people think that the goal is the goal, and the goal is the gift, the achievement of the goal of the gift. I think the journey is the gift because it's and again this is cliche, but who you become, not what you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think too, the other part of any progress in life, the mentality that needs to surround that is that often when it comes to fitness or weight loss or anything like that but could be money, is that when there's a failure, you failed as a person. It's like to go back to that ladder analogy, you know, climbing the ladder. People think that if they fall one or two steps down, they've fallen off the ladder altogether, when actually, instead of because a lot of people lock in their mind, okay, twelve week. At the end of twelve weeks, oh, the pressure will be released. I'll go back to my happy life. It's hard, hard work for twelve weeks. I can do that. And then and the idea is that if at any point in that twelve weeks we fall a few few steps down the ladder, we just say, oh, well that didn't work.
Speaker 2: I give up and quit.
Speaker 3: And so I think we also need to all stop kidding ourselves that every failure is not catastrophic. It's like I dropped the ball today, and when I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to pick that ball straight back up again. Right, You're allowed to have a shitty day, a shitty week, you know, a shitty month, But it doesn't mean you've gone back to zero. You've got the skills, you've got the experience. It's just about being like, all right, we're going to have a few bad days. Let's plan for that. You know, imperfect is the only way anyone's ever done anything, So you know, plan for the fact that there'll be some shitty days. And having some kind of strategy as to how you mentally say, all right, this is what's happened, and this is how I'm going to get back up today or tomorrow. I think is imperative to success, because otherwise people just wait until the end of their program to go, oh, the suffering's over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think with many things in life, including tim Tams, it's all about how you respond, you know what I mean. It's like, how many people have you heard and youtip? Probably for me it's been I don't know hundreds of times where people have said to me something like I blew my diet. So then I just went fuck it and I go, what did you do? And after four weeks of you know, great eating and good decision making and restraint and self control, they had, you know, half a pack of Tim Tams. I'm like, okay, well, it's not actually about the tim Tams. It's about what you do after the tim Tams that has way more of an impact, even on your body, you know, because all but I wouldn't recommend half a pack of Tim Tams in a sitting. Nonetheless, it ain't undoing four weeks of work. Yeah, It's more about the psychological and emotional reaction after that behavior than it is about some physical consequence over the long term. And like you said, it's that ability to be able to go, oh, well, I fucked up, or I made a bad choice, or I did something which is inconsistent with who and how I want to be. What do I do now? What do I do now.
Speaker 3: The other thing that I've learned along the journey of helping people that you know, let themselves down, trip over, fall off the bandwagon is that we've all got an inner rebel within us, like someone that wants to rebel against the rules on some level. And so what I think people need to do, or what I work with clients to do, is like, because if we put too many rules and restrictions, naturally we want freedom, right. It's like, you know, one one demands the other in order for us to have balance. And so a lot of people find, especially busy mums and especially you know, people that are just overwhelmed with commitments men and women, is they find their sense of freedom and variety in food because life is so mundane and repetitive and hard that the only excitement that they can act access is the supermarket or the fast food or uber and so there's some variety and excitement there. And so if you put some food rules in place, or some agreements about exercise, and you find that you keep breaking them, then I would say what you need to try and figure out is to have a life where you can exercise that rebellion right and break the rules, and like the way that I do it. I utilize my podcast as a form of rebellion. You know. One of the reasons it started was for me to sort of rage against the medical pharmaceutical machine after working in hospitals, right, and so I get to I get to execute some of that fire within me that really goes, yeah, let's do this, let's let's fight, let's have this battle. I do it on the go kart track every single week, you know. But what I've found is if we don't find an outlet for our natural rebelliousness, because we want to exert control over our lives as free thinking, you know, adults, if we can continue to suppress that, we'll just keep tripping over. We'll keep failing, because that rebellion wants a release and it's probably going to be with us till the day we die.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. I think we need to be aware of our stories around food and around lifestyle. And I think if your story is I'm missing out, this is hard and I can't wait for these eighty four days to be over. You know, like, even though you've consciously changed your behavior, you're subconsciously waiting for it to end. So you can revert to normal, the normal that didn't work for the last thirty years or whatever. Right, yeah, so we're just like that's why, I mean, you know, until we and this is just me thinking out loud. This is not a solution, and this is not an instruction for anyone, but like, really think about it until you get to the point where you can fully commit to doing the thing that works, you know, which is okay, what's required of me to whatever, to become an amazing an academic or a speaker, or to have a podcast called how not to get sick and die and have a million listeners a month or whatever it is, or how to lose twenty kilos or how to run a marathon in sub three hours or you know, how to go to India and find yourself like TIF did or or whatever. Right, there's there's there's just a there's a price. There's a you know, if you want a pair of shoes, there's a price. If you want to fucking buy a house in Melbourne, there's it. And like the thing is that one can you afford it? And two will you pay the price? And there's and that sounds kind of I don't know, bloody naff a bit, I guess. But at the end of the day, unless you fully commit, you're always just going to be stopping and starting, like you're always just going to oh look, I'll you know, I'll see how it goes. I'll see. But if if the consequences and I've said this many times on this show, but you know, for example, you had to barring injuries, right, let's say you had the capacity to. But let's say you had to walk five kilometers a day every day for the next ten years, and if you didn't, the next day you would drop dead. Who's going to not walk five k's no one, Like, nobody's going to miss one day in ten years because they they'll die the next day. Right now, I know this is ridiculous, and it's not about it walking and dying. It's about what's actually possible when we get in our self in a headspace where we go, oh no, this is what I am doing every day. This is not what I'm going to try to do or hope to do. This is not what I'm going to see how I go with. This is what I'm doing every day. And this is not fucking optional because there is no way that I can't do it because I want to live. And so you know, when we open that door on possibilities, not probability is what's probable is the average person will make a commitment and they won't follow through on what's probable is most people will talk about the shit we're talking about now and not do it. That's probable, that's statistically more more likely. What's unlikely is people will listen to us, make our decisions, do the work, keep going, embrace the pain, and fucking tap into what's actually possible. Now, that's people don't want to hear that, But that's just fucking true. That's not my opinion. Just look at the data, look at the evidence about the amount of people who don't follow through. Look at you know, in twenty twenty five that we're now in we've got more information, inspiration, education, pills programs, products, fucking internet resources, more maddies, more tips, more craigs, We've got all of these people sharing, yes, what can be conflicting information, but we've also got more real science and bullshit science. But we've also got more unhealthy people. We've also got more obesity. We've all also got more emotional pain, more mental health, issues like we're not getting better as a collective. We are as a collective, we are getting worse. Now it's down to us as individuals to go, well, fuck, I'm going to take control of my life, my body, my thinking, my behavior is my choice is and it's going to be fucking horrible sometimes, but it's better than the alternative steps down off soapbox.
Speaker 3: I agree, And I think practically speaking, one of the things that happens when people do commit to new things and want to make these changes is that because it's the newest thing on the agenda, it's the first to go when things, you know, get busy or overwhelming, or you need to fit important things in. And so I think a useful tip for people when they're making these decisions and they're choosing consciously to be like, Okay, I am going to try and do this for a long time is you also have to choose your sacrifice. And I mean that practically in your schedule, because if you're going to now go to the gym every day, or now you're actually going to spend an hour cooking and beforehand you never cooked, you just put stuff in the microwave, you're going to lose something, and a lot of people just try and squeeze more into the same amount of space. And I think so being really clear and aware on what am I going to let go of so that I don't feel like I have to get rid of the workouts or get rid of the cooking when I do feel busy, I think you're far more likely to be able to implement that for a longer period of time if you also consciously let go of something and make space for it.
Speaker 1: Oh you always make sense, Manny, and that's why we love you. Tell people how to find you, follow you, connect with you, and listen to you if you'd be so gracious.
Speaker 2: Yes, certainly so.
Speaker 3: Podcast is on YouTube all the podcast platforms, How to Not Get Sick and Die. We've just kicked off an Instagram page which is about to get a ton of content called the Real Weight Loss Coach. So anyone who's got challenges yo yo dieting, going through that cycle for many years and wants to learn more about the psychology of what's going on their emotional binge, overeating and of course the nutrition, head over to Instagram as well. And yeah, Maddielandsdowne dot com for anyone who wants to look at my ugly mug perfect.
Speaker 1: We always enjoy chatting with you, mate, and I appreciate you tif you do okay yourself. Thanks Boss,