Speaker 1: On scoring US Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Panicky Show coming up tonight. The Prime Minister facing more criticism for that tone. Dev Beach House purchase why experts are alarmed by Australia's foreign policy being compromised with identity politics. Senator Alex Antique will join me to discuss the latest from the US with Army Horowitz, including black and Hispanic voters walking away from the Democrats, and later in the hour, seventy Bastian will tell us why Chris Mins support where a radical policy will be bad news for New South Wales women and we never forget left He's losing it Tonight, Kamala Harris is looking at the stars.
Speaker 4: Look at where the stars are in the sky. Don't look them as just rand of things, if you just look at them as points. Look at the constellation. What does it show you? So you just outlined it, Roland, what does it show you?
Speaker 3: No idea what she's talking about. But first it's looking grim for the Stephen Miles government if early exit polls are to be believed. Korea Mail reports that an exit poll of one thousand Queensland is conducted by the paper and its sister publications. At early voting, Boots in ten seats showed a soaring primary vote for the LNP and trouble for Labor. The results are a similar to a recent news poll. The exit poll shows that the coalition is sitting on forty eight point two percent primary vote, Labour on thirty, Green's on eight point six percent, and one Nation on seven point three. If the data is accurate, then several government ministers will lose their seats. Let's bring in skyn Ish contributor pro mcswayin Proue. It seems crime and cost of living are top issues in Queensland. Can Stephen Miles do anything to convince Queenslanders to give Labor an the term?
Speaker 5: I can't say it happening. I don't think people are that stupid. I mean, the man cannot even remember the name of some of.
Speaker 2: His aspirants who are working with him.
Speaker 5: The guy has tried to buy votes, He's given away almost houses to everybody. But you cannot deny that crime, the cost of living, the fact that their debt is just skyrockt rocketing in that state. It's Anette government, It's a lazy government. It's been in power for the best part of what thirty years or so, with a slight hiccup with Campbell Newman. But you know when you look at the fact that so many of these seats held by Labor are just on a knife edge. There's only five votes in it or twelve votes in it. And all Chris of Filey needs is twelve seats and he'll walk it in. And I think he'll do that with his eyes closed.
Speaker 3: Now Australia's private health insurers are expected to ask the albumy is the government in early November for a hike in premiums. Somewhere between five and six percent is being reported. This is with the highest increase pre since twenty sixteen. It's terrible news for Labor, it's terrible news for Australians. Health insurance premiums are already a major burden on household budgets and I do wonder, Prue how many will cancel or reduce their cover if there is a five or six percent hike in their premium.
Speaker 5: Already Rita so many have at least if they haven't canceled, they've changed it so that they're not playing it paying as much, and when you look at it, most younger people are dropping it.
Speaker 3: It's oldies like me.
Speaker 5: Who really need to have that cover who are not prepared to roll the dice. But what really annoys me is thatment consecutive governments have been told and have been aware that the population is aging, that the strain on our health system was going to get worse as people do get older. And when we have people like me, I've been paying the top cover of health cover since i was sixteen. I don't think I've used it that often. Maybe in my later life a little bit more, but you cannot afford not to have it.
Speaker 3: But when they're not, you see the gap growing.
Speaker 5: You're paying all this money and yet you're still having to top it up. So the health funds are announcing big profits. They're not willing to pay for private rooms as we know, and.
Speaker 2: There's the pinch.
Speaker 5: But if people drop out, it's going to put more pressure on the health system and our hospital drowning as it is, so you know, there's a huge dilemma for this government.
Speaker 3: The funeral surrounding the Prime Minister's purchase of a luxury beach house continues. If Anthony Albeneasy thought this would be a twenty four hour story. He was mistaken. He's been accused of poor political judgment after purchasing this four point three million dollar home on the New Southwelles Central Coast. When asked about whether he had thought about how struggling Australians would view the purchase, this was his response.
Speaker 1: We also know what it's like.
Speaker 6: To struggle. My mum lived in the one public housing that she was born in for all of her sixty five years, and I know what it's like, which is why I want to help all Australians into a home.
Speaker 3: And some people are taking the purchase as a sign that he's bracing for an election loss, already perhaps contemplating life after politics. Are you planning to retire there?
Speaker 6: I'm planning to be in my current job for a very long period of time.
Speaker 3: And then he seemed to suggest that the purchase was motivated by his film.
Speaker 6: Say, well, Jody and I getting married, as is known, and I'm pleased about that. And JODI's a coasty She's a proud, coasty prow.
Speaker 3: What are you thinking all this?
Speaker 5: Well, look, one could say that he's very justified in buying himself a house, as the headlines have been saying, it's just the timing, the judgment, the fact that he really doesn't have a clue about what people are going through, and he offers platitudes. Oh yeah, we know it's the cost of living. We know that it's hard to buy a house, particularly if you're a young couple. And yet his deeds are denying all of that, because he's allowing migrants to flood through the borders, and of course.
Speaker 2: That's part of our problem.
Speaker 5: And then we also have the fact that Labor has always been the party of envy, you know, political envy, and they've done a great job of actually, I believe, failing aspirational Australians, you know, tradees who worked hard, small mum and dads and of course self funded retirees who are really at the thin end of the woods and being penalized for the fact that they've worked hard. And here he is saying he's worked hard and no one can deny that. You know, it's a crappy job twenty fourth to seven, but he's got so many perks and he does earn a good living. But to me, it's just doesn't fit with the narrative that the Labor Party seems to want to propose. And of course you have the Greens. Fourteen of them have three or more properties, so I mean they're all just hypocrites.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the location of the house more so than anything. For me. If this was in Sydney, you could look at the price and go well, it's a uniquely expensive market. And he is the Prime Minister. If he wants to live in a four and a half million dollar house, good luck to him. But the fact that this is not going to be his main residence, it's going to be a beach house. I think he probably is going to lease it out for a period that I think is upsetting a few people. If you could a four to four and a half million dollar beach house, perhaps you're not really understanding what most Australians are going through with the cost of living crisis. Now let's look at this report released by Australian Seniors. It sheds more light on the housing crisis facing young Australians. In particular, it's so bad now that many are opting to live with their parents well into their thirties. Prough and the Risk report showed that eighty percent of Australian parents don't actually want their children to move back home, and one in three are giving their children an early inheritance or providing some sort of financial support to help them either buy a house or just for a bond so they can rent a place. This is impacting how people live, both retire people in retirement age and also young Australians. Well, this is the thing and what I guess the Albanezi government doesn't understand that it's impacting people in really amazing ways that really are going to cost them for the rest of their lives, whether it be dipping into their savings that they've really worked hard to build. But in this case, you know, having your children, these boomerang children come and want to live with you, and the dynamics of the two generations or even three generations just don't work. So I can understand that, you know, parents want to help their kids, but they don't want.
Speaker 5: To sacrifice their lifestyle. I think it's a good idea if they can afford it, to try and help them now, because if the kids were likely to inherit the you know, their savings and some sort of good inheritance, it's going to allow them to buy a house in the future. If they can do it now, well and good. But I don't blame them for being tough on it.
Speaker 2: But what do you do.
Speaker 5: You don't want to see your children on the streets and that's what a lot of them are facing.
Speaker 3: Prou McSween, thank you so much for your time tonight. Joining me now is Liberal Senator Alex and tick Alex, let's start with this issue. I cannot believe this. Foreign policy experts have warned against the Albanesi government's move to take what it calls a First Nations approach to Australia's foreign policy. The Daily Telegraph has obtained an email sent by strategy firm Inside Policy on behalf of First Nations people Ambassador Justin Muhammad to indigenous stakeholders for their input into Australia's foreign policy. A DEFAT spokesman wouldn't answer questions on how much taxpayer money was going to Inside Policy, and they said the Department is committed to ensuring the implementation of a First nation's approach to foreign policy is evidence based and includes knowledge and insights from First Nations leaders, businesses, stakeholders and communities across Australia. This looks like a very expensive and I would argue unnecessary exercise.
Speaker 7: Yeah, reader, I think that's right. I mean the first thing I'd say off the cuff is I think we and the government departments and the public generally have to get over this business of using this term first Nations. I mean, it's a myth. There were no nations, and in fact what we are seeing now is really in practice this division of the country, the sort of division which was roundly warded off by the Australian voting public twelve months ago. I mean, in fact, the Voice referendum was the voice of unity really in the sense people said, we are all Australians. And so for this sort of prospect of having these decisions being outsourced and the rule of being run over from a so called first Nations point of view is very troubling. Were used to this at local government, at state level, many instances of that happening here in South Australia, with some matters that we were alerted to, where tens of thousands of dollars, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent consulting and reconsulting and going back to various groups, indigenous groups about signs at a National park and whether or not they fitted the cultural sensitivity.
Speaker 1: But this is a new level.
Speaker 7: I mean, these are extraordinarily important matters of foreign affairs that simply just do not have to be dealt with in this matter.
Speaker 1: It's frightening and Australian should be alarmed.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Defat seems to be completely taken over by identity politics. You look at so many of their communications and positions they take. It seems to be rife through the bureaucracy. But when it does come to foreign policy, what does this mean? Are we going to have two separate points of view, one that represents all Australians and one that only represents the First Nations Ambassador. I'm really quite confused about how this new appointment even works.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean they would say all they're doing is consulting with stakeholders, but really, we're all Australians. I mean I don't see them consulting with the Greek Australian community. I don't see them consulting with the Vietnamese Australian community. We're all Australians and our foreign policy should be in the best interests of Australia. So look, there are those in the left in this country who simply want to see those divisions. They love the identity politics. It's rife through the bureaucracy and as we both know, the leftist terrarium that is Parliament House during estimates shows that as clearly as you would ever like to see. But this sort of division has to stop. We need to speak with one voice.
Speaker 3: And you're so right about the term First Nations really not being accurate. It's a political term, not even a political term. Our activist came up whether it's taken from Canada, and when you hear it, there should be a red flag because it's normally politics at play. Now let's move on to the bigam Bull Native Title Aboriginal Corporation being granted a two hundred and ten hectar freehold land parcel freehold land parcel surrounding the outback Queensland town of Toba. After three years of talks with the local and state governments. There now no Big and Bull people currently live in to Beer and they haven't lived there, Alex since the late nineteen sixties. What do you make of this decision?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean I read the article with interest as well, and one of the one of the local business people there says his family business has been in the area longer. And of course this was an extension of native title. Effectively, this was freehold title which was given to the group because they were.
Speaker 1: Native title interests.
Speaker 7: And I mean I remember very early on as a university student when the Native Title Act was introduced to people saying, oh, there's no way this is going to evolve. This is just you know, native title is what it is. And here we are. We're seeing this all over the country. And it's not just this one extreme example either. It's also issues of permits being given out left, right and center. We've seen the reports of permits being needed to enter land some beaches in Queensland. I believe the Central Land Cancel is still requiring vaccine passports.
Speaker 1: To get through, some of them in the Northern territory.
Speaker 7: So this is an extension of the issue we talked about to start off with.
Speaker 1: This is Australia. It is one country.
Speaker 7: This nonsense of having permits for everything to get into parts of our own country is I mean, if it's not alarming Australians, imagine what the voice would have done. I mean, this is the one thing rank and file everyday Australians have rejected this concept and it's time some of these bureaucrats and weak politicians started doing the same thing.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, you had over sixty percent say no resoundingly, and so many of the bureaucrats have just ignored that and going on with their agenda like the referendum never happened. Now, just finally, before you go, a huge win for free speech. Last week, Australia's e Karen as I call it, Julie Inman Grant has abandoned her battle with Elon Musk and X over the removal of videos from the alleged terror event at Wakeley Church back in April. This is a big win, Alex, but the Orwellian disinformation legislation that we're now looking at will make this victory seem insignificant. It's nothing. If something like that comes in, it comes in and everyone's free speech and free expression is going to be impacted.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean these are the sort of canaries down the coal mine of what we are going to see if that act passes, Bill passes, which we all hope it will not. I mean, these are you know, seemingly simple things a Twitter post involving a violent attack. Sure, but they're always couched in the language of preventing palmed children. You'll see all of the incursions onto free speech online being framed in that terminology. This office originally started as the Office of the Children's e Safety Commissioner, and of course the mission creep has crept out into all sorts now. The same will apply to half a dozen pieces of legislation that have come through the Digital id Act being one of them, and of course this Combating Misinformation Bill will morph into bigger and badder forms of censorship. It's bad enough as it is at the moment, but this is indicative of where it heads. We need to defeat it. This is a message for the cross bench in the Senate. They need to understand that this can flip on both sides of politics. This is not a left and right issues. This is a free speech issue. And we've got to see this clearly for what it is, because I'm worried that there is a push on from even more power after the Combating this Information Bill passes.
Speaker 1: If it does, which we hope it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Well, where does it stand in the Upper House, are the crossbenches likely to support it, and what's your feeling about its chances of passing?
Speaker 7: Well, Look, I mean from the limited discussions that I've had with some of them, they seem to be across the fact that it's bad law, and I hope that stands the test of time. I mean, I'll certainly be doing what I can to speak to anyone who will vote against this. What I'm worried about, of course, is that amendments come in and we get watered down into a slightly less worse version of an already terrible piece of law. That's what I think we need to be fearful of. This doesn't need to be amended to a satisfactory position. This needs to be scotched and thrown out the door and never repeat it, because it's bad for everyone. Whether you are a person who thinks that there should be treaty for indigenous people in this country, or you're a person that wants to be told what to do with their own health care, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: This bill is bad for business.
Speaker 3: Oh, It's absolutely bad. And like the Voice, like something that was going to enshrine racial division into the constitution. This is just bad on its face, it's toxic, it's poison. We don't needed watered down, we needed gone. So I do genuinely hope that the cross benches don't get bribed or don't get influenced by the bay of the Albanezy government and stick to their guns, because if this comes in, it's going to impact everybody. Though sadly, Alex, so many on the left these days seem to favor these sorts of laws. They do want to see free speech curb. They do want to see their political opponents suppressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look it's right.
Speaker 7: I had a conversation with Michael Schellenberger, of course, who is from the progressive left in Berkeley in California. Can't get much more left wing than that, and that model of left wing, I think is a very different beast to the new modern, cosmopolitan, authoritarian version of the left, and people like him can see it. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that's transcribed properly across to the Australian left, to many of whom think it's quite okay to scotch free speech if it suits your political narrative. That shouldn't be the way any of us behave, and the Bill needs to be defeated.
Speaker 3: Senator ALEXANDIQ. Thanks for your time.
Speaker 1: Thanks reader.
Speaker 3: Still to Carmi your favorite segment, Lefties Losing It and the latest from the US, including black and Hispanic voters walking away from the Democrats. Army Horowitz is up next. Welcome back. Now it's time for Lefties Losing It And to the Ladies of the View, the bitter, mean spirited d Lulu Ladies of the View, here is Sunny Houston calling black men Cuban men who vote for Trump ridiculous and crazy.
Speaker 8: You've got fifty three percent of white women that voted for him in twenty twenty. We've got to reach those women. We've got to reach those ridiculous, crazy black men that did vote for Trump. We've got to reach those people. We've got to reach the Cuban men in Miami that overwhelmingly voted for Trump. I don't know what their hearts look like.
Speaker 3: That should be part of Trump's next ad. He'll set records for the black vote. If more black folk knew how the elite Democrat class look at them. And if you want to know just how wacky Sonny is, listen to her say just last month that Joe Biden's legacy will rival George Washington's. I wish I was kidding.
Speaker 8: I truly believe that his legacy will be etched in the history books as Washington as someone who put that ego aside and put his country in her So he's definitely his leg.
Speaker 3: It's still funny every time I hear it. Now, let's from some black men who are voting for Trump, even as this shopkeeper who's interviewing them tries to convince them to vote for Kamala by the vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who you vote for Trump?
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, Harris thu us backwards?
Speaker 2: Broke what Harris Man?
Speaker 1: We're not We're not voting for that man. He's voting for Trump.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm black, So why are you riding with Trump so much?
Speaker 9: The Venezuela is taking all our bread?
Speaker 1: Added Trump or Kamala Trump? Be honest? Why Trump?
Speaker 4: Though he used to keep immigrants out so you know we were able for us to get jobs. It's hard for us to get jobs now, sure because immigrants taken over in Like.
Speaker 1: What would make you wanna vote for Kamala?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: God, we was all us two people on earth.
Speaker 2: Still wouldn't do that. Shit from broke grade.
Speaker 1: It's like that, Yes, like that, I don't would I.
Speaker 2: Go with Trump? She ain't no good. I put it like that.
Speaker 9: So whoever want to believe it, go on her, check her history, y'all turn around here.
Speaker 10: So you would you would have vote for a black woman that's gonna be the first black woman in.
Speaker 8: Office, that's gonna start World War three soon when she get.
Speaker 1: In Kamala Trump Trump?
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, bro, Tamala till it's backwards.
Speaker 10: Brokamala, we voted for Trump.
Speaker 1: But what did you talk about? You know?
Speaker 10: Damn well, we don't Kamala trum Trump give our free stems and everything.
Speaker 2: You tweaking? Yeah, that's how you feel, you tweaking?
Speaker 11: Bro Vo Kamala man, we you and come on, bro, I can't even have my opinion.
Speaker 10: Damn bro, bro, you voted for you, so you went there all them Venezuela, you with.
Speaker 2: All that goofy nah ain't no. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now the Democrats and Kamala Harris are in full panic. Might black men are abandoning the Democrats and Barack Obama writing the brothers as he calls them, isn't going to bring them back. So the they went on the breakfast club and talked about reparations before again reminding us she grew up in a middle class family.
Speaker 10: A caution to you is what's your stance on reparations. We all know that America became great, you know, off the backs of free black labor. How of argue on making it a priority and right in America's wrongs?
Speaker 4: Yes, I am running to be a president for all Americans. That being said, I do have clear eyes about the disparities that exist and the context in which they exist, meaning history to your point. So my agenda, well, first of all, on the plane of reparations, it has to be studied. There's no question about that, and I've been very clear about that position. In terms of my immediate plan, I will tell you a few of the following one as it relates to the economy, which is a lot of what you have addressed. Look, I grew up in the middle class. My mother, you know, worked hard, raised me and my sister.
Speaker 3: She always goes back to that, but reparations, really so people who've never owned slaves, giving money to people who've never been slaves sounds like the sort of lifty losing a policy. Harris always champions also on the program, We've got these this incredible statement from Kamala saying the only reason she is losing support is because Republicans are scaring people away. Then she goes straight to one of her favorite bits of scare mongering and lies about Project twenty five.
Speaker 4: Part of the challenge that I face is that they are trying to scare people away because they know they otherwise have nothing to run on. Ask Donald Trump, but his plan is for Black America? Ask him, well, you know, I'll tell you what it is. Look at Project twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Five, Project twenty five, Project twenty five. The hypocrisy, the projection there is incredible. All they have is fear and lies about Project twenty five and threats to democracy. And with the Democrats losing support among black men, we saw Kamala resort to racist, sexist bribes. She posted this overnight. She said black men deserve a president who cares about making their life better, and then she attached her policy agenda for black men, including creating an opportunity agenda for black men, not black women, not Latino men, certainly not white folk, just black men mentioned in her communication. And let's look at what she offers this demographic, one million dollars, sorry, one million loans that are fully forgivable, and the women who locked up people for marijuana offenses is now promising to make weed legal because that's all black men care about in Kamala's eyes, not paying back their loans and weed. Can you imagine if Trump posted a policy called creating an opportunity agenda for white men. But the VP has not just been race baiting, She's also been stargazing.
Speaker 4: You know, there's this whole I talked with somebody wants to say, you know, if you just look at where the stars are in the sky, don't look them as just random things. If you just look at them as points. Look at the constellation. What does it show you? So you just outlined it, Roland, what does it show you?
Speaker 3: I have no idea what that was about. I've got no explanation at all. Just thank god she has such a relatable, normal, masculine man's man from the Midwest as her running mate. Not like he's going to say anything stupid.
Speaker 2: Look, you all know it. We can't have four more years of this. We won't have four more years of it. We won't.
Speaker 3: There you go, that's definitely in Trump's next ad, we can't have four more years of this. He's right, the Democrats have been terrible. And if he thought sassy moves and stupid comments for all Timwalls had to offer, then you'd be wrong. He's actually quite means spirited too. Here he mocks Trump and a woman who he helped out by giving her one hundred dollars for her grocery bill.
Speaker 12: But he walks into this grocery store and he hands one hundred dollars bill to a lady of pay for his grocery. Did you see this? So I'm like thinking, I wonder what he's doing there, And then I got to thinking, I think it's just natural any woman he sees he pays off because he did something on there.
Speaker 3: I don't know what an absolute grub. Joining me now is filmmaker and commentator Army Horowitz. Army. The left is in meltdown over new polling data showing that Donald Trump is gaining popularity among black and Hispanic voters. Even CNN pundits are a spin in a spin about this. It looks like Trump will have the best performance with black voters since nineteen sixty That's the best black vote for a Republican in sixty four years, despite continuously being called a racist army.
Speaker 11: Yeah, look, it's absolutely incredible. Obama, the Obama coalition propelled Obama and Joe Biden to the presidency. Was he is a three legged stool, right, it's white women, Hispanics, and Black voters. And while he's gaining with white women, although that's actually being outpaced by the gains by Trump with white men, the other two legs of the stool are cratering Rita. First of all, the Hispanic vote, the Hispanic vote two elections ago, was it nearly seventy percent? Right now Trump might get fifty percent. He's run now pulling it close to fifty percent of the Hispanics. That despite the fact that media, the media business continuously trying to call him his anti Hispanic, right, it's all they do. He hates immigrants, he hates Hispanics. Hispanics aren't stupid. They see what's going on. And that's why he might win close to fifty percent of the Hispanic vote.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is not going well for them.
Speaker 11: The black vote, the black vote historically votes the Democrats at a higher rate than Putin win in his last rigged election. Okay, they vote for Democrats at nearly ninety percent. But right now it is possible that Trump is gonna win twenty five percent of the black vote. That may not seem like a lot to you, but that is that is a bigger percent of the black vote in almost sixty years for publics. But more importantly is that that vote may flip a state like Pennsylvania where he really has a problem in the Philadelphia urban area. Look, all of these things are coming together and creating absolute desperation and fear in the camp for Kamala Harris. How do we know that because she's going on She's going to the death Star. She's going on to Fox News for an interview. She is so desperate that she is. Look, she can't handle friendly interviews, Rita, how is she gonna handle Brett Baer And Brett Bhrer, by the way, is not an attack dog. Brett Bhaer is actually just fair, right, fair and honest, And she's not gonna handle that. She can't handle the view, Rita, what is she gonna do? Look, the polling is all trending away from her. You know, a couple of quick stats, but I think are really important right now in the rust Belt. Right the three most important swing states Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin. Right now, she's behind in all he may sweep all three of them, and Wisconsin, which was kind of solidly in her camp, not by much, pretty solidly, And the last ten poles that were done, she's only up in four of those poles. In Pennsylvania and the last ten polls, she's only.
Speaker 2: Up in two.
Speaker 11: And in Michigan, which is probably the solid smoke, solid blue of those three, and the last ten poles, she's only up by one. She's down statistically in all of those swing states. And he's probably gonna win Georgia, North Carolina, Arizona, and right now Nevada is treading toward him. So he may look right now it's possible if the election were health today, he might win every one of those swing states. It is desperation time in Harris's camp.
Speaker 3: And as we know with him, he is historically polls badly. He is vote is underrepresented in those polls. The end results always turns out to show that he had far more support. I remember in twenty twenty, the margins between the last polls and what he actually achieved at the election were enormous in some states, so that I think would be playing on the Democrats mind as well. Just how bad are the real numbers, not just what we're seeing, And you can see why her camp is panicking and coming up with these vote buying policies that are frankly races one million forgivable loans of up to twenty thousand dollars. She's aiming this at black men to try to get them to stick with the Democrats. She's talked about protecting cryptocurrency investments for black men, making recreational weed legal, and certainly having brac Obama go out there and great black men seem to backfire army. That did not That did not work. In fact, I think it did far more damage than good.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 11: I mean, on what planet do you think it's a good idea for anybody? I don't care if it's for the first black president to go out to the constituency you're trying to get to support you and to vote for you, and then demonize them and say you're a bunch of misogynist idiots.
Speaker 2: On what planet is that going to work? I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Now you've been out on the ground again, speaking to voters. You're in Harlem. Here's what one young man had to say about why so many black men are leaving the Democrats.
Speaker 9: You think, whether it's broke, Ben Bronx, I see a lot of people that you will never think, Oh, you know, I'm pro Trump.
Speaker 2: You know, let's go Trump. Do you know they particularly black men?
Speaker 3: Yeah, believe it or not.
Speaker 9: I'm in all. A lot of the media, especially what we see now you know CNN and you know everything, they don't really tell us the full story. They pushed this notion that maybe Trump is like this bad guy and something he could Yeah, he could very well just be like a bad guy. But I'd be lying if you know, like numbers don't lie. If you look back, he's done a lie, especially you know in terms of employment and stuff. He's done a lot for you know, like us, you know, under his administration and.
Speaker 3: Ami, as you pointed out, the issues that impact black people are the same ones that issue that impact everybody else, whether it's crime, inflation, the illegal immigration crisis. And I think that's something that the Democrats are forgotten. The areas where they have failed America, they've also found the black community.
Speaker 2: Look, I was out there all day.
Speaker 11: Look, I'm in Harlem quite often talking to black people, but you know I spent all day talking to them specifically for a video on this topic. And yes, look, they understand that they are being taken for granted. That's like you hear that all the time by black people. Look, we're voting ninety percent.
Speaker 2: What are we doing? What are we getting for this? They're not stupid.
Speaker 11: They're old enough to remember what it was like under Trump and compared to what their life is like today under Joe Biden. And they're looking and say, we were better off four years ago. Not just black people, by the way, but the same question that every American asked themselves. And they come to the same inclusion, My life was better four years ago than it is today. That's a problem, that's an endemic problem the Democrats they cannot run away from. And and this balkanization of black people to say, hey, your issues are different than everybody else, it's so patronizing, it's so racist, it's so ignorant.
Speaker 2: What are black issues? What's a black issue? I don't know. I know what a black issue is.
Speaker 11: It's crime, it's education, it's immigration, it's the economy, it's inflation.
Speaker 2: Oh guess what those are also my issues?
Speaker 11: How could that be? We're all the same, Yes, we're all the same. The Democrats cannot understand that. That is why I think, Look, I'm gonna call it now. I think Trump's wins this election. The thing is trending toward him. It's only three weeks left. I don't see this turning around anytime soon. Unless there's some kind of massive mistake that he maxed, which is always possible.
Speaker 2: I'm calling the shot. I think Trump's gonna win.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure the Democrats will have a few tricks up their sleeve. I don't know if it'll be more law fair or what they're going to throw, but I'm sure there will be something, because surely they would have known that Kamala Harris wasn't going to be some visionary leader that was going to just make people forget the last four years. She was pretty inept as vice president, which they tried to memory hold for the nation. The media campaign around her, I think is something that will study for decades to come.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Crime is a big issue in this election, particularly in the big cities, including New York. The New York Post had this front page. It says it all. You've got migrant youth gangs run riot in Manhattan, operating out of taxpayer funded shelters, and the teenagers are terrorizing folks, I mean, Times Square. They seem to have little fear of consequences even after committing things that robberies and armed robberies. How bad is this issue in a place like New York and now the cities across America.
Speaker 11: Look, I've said before, I'm not antiperbole. I don't like making things bigger than they are. I live in New York. Things are not great. Things are bad. They're trending worse, and a lot of it's because of the legal immigrants we are coming in. There's no question about it. Are we Venezuela? Of course I don't like those comparisons.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 11: But are we better now again we were four, eight or ten years ago? No, of course or not. It's much much worse. Crime is absolutely getting worse. You can feel it, you can see it. We're gonna believe me or your lying on right, that's whatever New Yorker says. Well, they hear, oh, crime is down. That's not really true, at least for the crime that affects people. Look, they're supposed to be handcuffing the criminals, but instead they're handcuffing the police. They're not allowing, they're disallowing the police to do what they have to do, particularly when it comes around illegal immigration, because New York is a sanctuary city, and by the way, most of the Blue cities, the big Blue cities, are sanctuary cities, and this is one of the massive problems. They have safe havens they can go to. And also there's also a significant problem about youth crime because these people aren't stupid. They know how to gain the system, and they know that if if they take children and have the children commit crimes that they lagged against them. As weak as they are against adults, they're almost non existent when they come to miners and miners is anything under eighteen and they know that, so they're recruiting young people.
Speaker 2: It is. It is child abuse. It is unbelievable.
Speaker 11: Look, not that long ago, I actually saw a man threatening a young woman late at night on Saturday night, twelve thirty in the morning, threatened to kill and rape her and mean a guy who had didn't know saw this go on.
Speaker 2: We grabbed him we put him under a sins arrest.
Speaker 11: And we held him. We called nine one one. First of all, it took seven minutes for the police to get to us. Seven minutes you're holding a man who does not want to be held down is a long time. When the cops got there, I said, they said, I explain what they were doing. He was actually threatening to kill the police while we were holding him, and the police said, let him go. There's nothing we can do. They literally told me that I had to let this psycho path go free because the police would do nothing. It is horrible what's going on. And by the way, look maybe okay, maybe not.
Speaker 2: Worse, but pretty close to worse.
Speaker 11: And how the media is downplaying all of this rita. The media has tried to pretend none of this is happening, right, These are not.
Speaker 2: The droids you are looking for.
Speaker 11: You watched the jd vance interview with Martha Radditts and ABC. It was unbelievable. She was a mouthpiece for the DNC. She kept saying, it's not a big deal. It's not a big deal in Colorado. It's only her words.
Speaker 2: A handful of.
Speaker 11: Apartment buildings have been taken over by gangs and Jenny dance his credit, he goes, do you hear yourself?
Speaker 2: I I was jumping up and I was saying, thank god, Jedie, you nailed it. A handful of them and you're.
Speaker 11: Saying, that's okay, It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: This is why Trump's gonna win. This is Trump. Oh Buller Bueller.
Speaker 3: That is such a great line by jd Vance. Do you hear yourself? It just I think it shook Martha because it really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: She literally said, it's just a handful of apartment buildings. You know, Donald Trump has been inaccurate. And Donald Trump got fact checked in that debate with Kamala Harris when he talked about the crime rate and they said, oh, no, the crimes less now, and when he mentioned, well, it's because some agencies aren't actually reporting, and they tried to say that wasn't accurate, and it actually was. So yet crime is a big issue. Legal immigration is a massive issue. And I think after the Kamala honeymoon has been gone, there's not much left that the Democrats are offering the American people's I'm not surprised the polls are collapsing for her. Horowitz always a pleasure. I thank you so much for your time. This evening still to come, Stephanie Bastian will tell us what Chris Min's support for a radical policy will mean for New South Wales women. Welcome back joining me now, Stephanie Bastian, Head of Advocacy at Women's Forum Australia. Stephanie, this won't come as a huge surprise. New South Wales Premier Chris Mins is supporting Alex Grienwich's equality Bill. He confirmed that while opening a new pre school in Liverpool.
Speaker 1: Alex Greenwich is amended equality Bill I think should pass the parliament. That's what I'll be recommend.
Speaker 3: The bill will be debated in New South Wales Parliament this week. Some of the most concerning aspects of the bill include the introduction of self ID, which will allow anyone to change their legal sex, including children, enabling males to legally identify as female for example, and access women's only spaces. Steph this could become law very quickly. What would it mean for women and girls in New South Wales.
Speaker 13: Well, good evening reader, it is very concerning that the Men's government have done a backflip on this bill. They've sort of been pushing it down the road and vacillating for nearly twelve months and suddenly there's this new version and they're now ramming it through. This is going to impact women and girls in particular, it takes away their right to privacy and safety of single sex spaces because entrenches into law men's rights to be protected under law as women. If, for example, you have a man undressing in a children or a female bar through and there's no avenue for women to complain, whereas once upon a time they could have, and in fact they're at risk of being prosecuted under these laws because they'll be protected under say the Discrimination Act. The opposition have formally opposed this bill, but they've only had two hours to read it. The debate started this afternoon. I imagine it'll probably be ran through tonight and then it'll go to the Upper House tomorrow. But this is just such a poor piece of legislation, and as we've seen in Queensland, where they've got sex self id laws, women are being prosecuted. These laws are intentional to change to protect men and to give them the laws that are afforded to that are meant to protect women.
Speaker 3: And it's incredible because these laws are being introduced without any sort of groundswell of support from the public. In fact, I would to say that if you put this to the public, the overwhelming majority would reject this sort of legislation. But here we are. How does New South Wales legislation compare to what's in place here in Victoria.
Speaker 13: You only need to have a certificate, So you can have a certificate saying that you're a woman. You go and change your ID at the registry office. They are not requiring any form of medical treatment or proof of that you've had a physical change, and you can then go and get documentation that says you're a woman, and then you're able to access all the protection spaces, sporting grounds, prison.
Speaker 2: Systems, you name it.
Speaker 13: It just changes the game and removes all those protections for women.
Speaker 3: You mentioned prison systems. Here in Victoria, we've got a male sex offender, at least one that we know of, who identifies as female and is now housed in a woman's prison, someone with a horrific history of offenses against women and children sexual offenses. Could that happen in New South Wales?
Speaker 13: Absolutely and unfortunately the government may have protocols in place that are allowing it. But the problem with these laws is that it entrenches it. It gives them legal rights. So if it's not, it will and then it is another piece of legislation that needs to be repealed. One thing that came up in sal Grover's case was that Justice Bromwich said that the legislators were very intentional when they changed these laws to allow people to change sex. And so this is very intentional legislation giving men this power to identify where and how they want so in terms of whether they access or whether they can go into female prisons, the legal mandate is now there to allow them to do that, regardless of what their offenses are and regardless of the safety risks to women.
Speaker 3: Now, finally, the University of Nevada's female volleyball team is the latest to forfoit matches against San Jose State, whose team includes a transgender player, Blair Fleming. However, the University of Nevada's management has contradicted the players, stating that the players refusal to play against San Jose does not represent the university's position and that it intends to proceed with the matcher. Players are finally taking a stand Stephanie refusing to participate in this fast that sees male bodies compete in women's sport, but the bureaucracy isn't standing with the athletes.
Speaker 13: Doesn't this just show the gap between the institutions and the public good on these women for pushing back.
Speaker 2: It is utterly unfair that female.
Speaker 13: Competitors have to play with biological males who have a physical and a physical advantage over them with their height and their strength. I do think that the only way that you're going to rectify the problem in sport is by female athletes boycotting games, because once you have male players, it's no longer a female competition. It's a mixed competition. So if these women don't churn up to play against these men, the rules will have to change because there won't be a competition. So all power to them, and I hope we see more of it happening here.
Speaker 3: And we've got to understand it's not just that the very elite level, the Olympic level, national championships. It's also at the lower levels and for young girls as well, when they work so hard to reach the height of their sport, to earn scholarships, to earn all sorts of opportunities, and to have that compromise by mediocre male athletes who would never get those opportunities in men's sport, I think it's just unacceptable, and for too long female athletes have been scared to take a stand.
Speaker 2: Staff. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, And there's a train of thought that community level sport women are actually more at risk of injury because they're less conditioned to play and quite often their careers ended early. Community sport is often a stepping stone into elite sport. So if you get an injury in those early years, which is happening particularly in AFLW, We've had a number of women reach out since Caroline Marcus ran her story on AFLW where they've got life limiting injuries. They've not been out of work. It's a significant problem and it stops their career there and then so community sport it's a much greater risk than elite sport. All sports should be protected.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your time, Stephanie, and that's all I've got time for tonight. I'll see you tomorrow at eleven with Douglas Mara.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 3: Next is Newsnight,