Speaker 1: Why on Sky News This is.
Speaker 2: Shari Good Evening.
Speaker 3: Full coverage tonight on Israel's war with Iran as it enters its fourth day. Former Commander Richard Kemp will join me live from Israel after an American embassy was damaged in Iranian strike. Will this draw the United States into the war? Plus Benjaminette and Yahoo claims that Iran tried to assassinate a President Donald Trump twice, and leading Israeli Tvanka Litaloshamesh will be here in studio to discuss how Iran is deliberately targeting civilian families, appoint the international community has been silent on. Also on the show, Ray Hadley joins me on whether he thinks the coalition should abandon Net zero. But first residential buildings in the heart of Tel Aviv were hit today and over the weekend in other parts of Israel, with families bearing the brunt of the Islamic Republic of Iran's retaliation. Israelis have never experienced this before, major missiles from Iran, the volume so great that the Iron Dome.
Speaker 2: Has been unable to handle the onslaught.
Speaker 3: Israelis are famously resilient, but they're usually confident in the knowledge their air defense systems will protect them.
Speaker 2: But we've seen the Iron Dome and other systems.
Speaker 3: Simply can't intercept hundreds of incoming attacks simultaneously. Now, Israel is trying to destroy Iran's nuclear capabilities on behalf of the entire world, and it's Israeli families who are paying the price. And there's hardly enough gratitude from international leaders towards Israelis for this. CNN is reporting that so far, twenty four lives have been lost and more than five hundred and ninety two people injured in Israel. One father told of how he couldn't get his family to safety in time when the missile hit their property on Saturday night, his daughters and wife dying. A young mother's baby dropped from her arms in the bomb blast. Thankfully, the tiny bub is now okay.
Speaker 4: Shown you know, do not get the fly Maya die o GOODSONI Pijama and.
Speaker 3: Three children, an eight year old girl, a ten year old boy, and an eighteen year old boy were killed in a separate Iranian missile attack. It's understood these children were Ukrainians who escaped the war in their hometown, only to be killed in another war.
Speaker 2: Their little bodies are being sent.
Speaker 3: Back home to Ukraine now several times a day, even in the middle of the night. Parents are waking and bundling their children up and rushing them to the safe room.
Speaker 2: Israelis are in a state of.
Speaker 3: Lockdown, with disrupted sleep, panic, destruction and death. Iran's onslaught is having a devastating impact on civilians, and we have to remember that this is a fight Israeli is having on behalf of all of us. They are paying with their lives and that of their loved ones. And as tough as it is, they acknowledge that it's essential to tackle Iran's nuclear and ballistic missile threat because as Israeli Prime Minister Benjroinettiyah who said, if this isn't done, there won't be a next generation. Now, there've been conflicting reports about where exactly Iran was up to in its nuclear development. Well, Netanyahu today revealed that the Islamic Republic had developed in our.
Speaker 2: Uranium for nine bombs.
Speaker 3: He said Iran was working on a secret plan to weaponize the uranium and they were going to achieve a test device and possibly a real device in.
Speaker 2: As little as a few months.
Speaker 3: He said he finally took action against Iran at.
Speaker 2: What he described as the twelfth hour.
Speaker 5: I think we have excellent intel in Iran. I think we've proven that, and that is something that we couldn't possibly accept, whether it would be six months or twelve months or thirteen months as immateial. Once they go that route, it's too late and we will not have a second Holocaust, a nuclear holocaust. We already have one in the previous century. The Jewish state is not going to have the Holocaust made it on the Jewish people. It's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: But this isn't just about Jews in Israel.
Speaker 3: The weapons Iran is developing, both nuclear and ballistic, are a threat to Europe, the United States, even Australia. Iran is on a mission to make atomic bombs, and it's also ramping up production of its ballistic missile arsenal, building three thousand, six hundred new weapons a year. And Nettaya, who told Brett Bayer at Fox News that that's ten thousand new ballistic missiles in three years, each waighing a ton, and that it'd be twenty thousand in six years, he rightly said that no country could survive.
Speaker 5: That our brief pilots are over the skies of Tehran and we're targeting military sides, nuclear sides.
Speaker 6: That's what we're doing to take out those two threats.
Speaker 5: Unlike the Iranians, who were a reporter said correctly, they're targeting our civilian Yeah, they're bombing our civillians. So that's a difference. They're a terrorist regime. We can't have Iran have nuclear weapons. And by the way, our intel shows that they intend to give these nuclear weapons to their Huti proxies and others, and that's nuclear terrorism on a global scale. It threatens everyone. And the last thing is they have plans to develop intercontinental ballistic missiles right now eight thousand kilometers very soon, just at a little distance, and they can reach the eastern seaboard of the United States.
Speaker 3: And he said, the world's most dangerous regime can't have the world's most dangerous weapons. This is why Israel's operation in Iran can't only be a campaign of delay. It can't simply set around back a number of years on its quest to build a nuclear weapon. Israel needs to entirely destroy the nuclear sites, and to do this it needs America's involvement, and right now, Erica is helping defend Israel, but it's not yet attacking Iran. And I'm just going to repeat that because it's a really important point. America is helping, but it's helping Israel defend itself. It's not yet directly attacking Iran. It's a crucial distinction. Now, Trump gave the green light to net and Yahoo for the nuclear strikes, and it's been a discussion the pair have been having for years. Right now, American pilots are helping to shoot down drones headed for Israel. There's also the third missile batteries that are helping to defend Tel Aviv, and there's.
Speaker 2: Critical intelligence sharing.
Speaker 3: But several US officials have warned Iran not to attack its officials or its embassies in the region, and they warn that if.
Speaker 2: Iran does that, America will intervene.
Speaker 3: Well tonight, US Ambassador to Israel, Mike Huckabee has confirmed that an Iranian missile has caused what he says is minor damage to the US embassy and Tel Aviv. So the question remains whether Trump will directly help.
Speaker 2: Israel to finish the job.
Speaker 3: Now, Trump indicated he was considering getting involved, although his later comments were less encouraging.
Speaker 7: Well, I hope there's going.
Speaker 8: To be a deal.
Speaker 1: I think that's time for a deal, and we'll see what happens.
Speaker 9: But sometimes they have to fight it out.
Speaker 1: But we're going to see what happens. I think there's a good chance you'll be a deal.
Speaker 3: I think Trump needs to be encouraged in the strongest possible terms to seize this once in a lifetime opportunity to destroy Iran's nuclear program and eliminate this grave threat to America and the West. It would also give Iranians the chance to reclaim their country from the Islamist extremist regime that has implemented a cruel reign of terror and impose Sharia law across the nation. Now, as I said, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and Trump shouldn't miss it. Netanyahu has done ninety percent of the heavy lifting, but the US needs to step in with the more powerful weapons and destroy the secret nuclear and military sites that are almost impenetrable. They're deep underground or within mountains. Now, the Wall Street Journal has been making this case extremely persuasively in a series of editorials, I recommend you read them, and the Wall Street Journal editorial board says that a neutral US means a longer war. They say, the biggest question about the air and sabotage campaign is how much of Iran's nuclear program Israel will be able to destroy. The US has the bombers to carry deep penetrating.
Speaker 2: Bombs that Israeli jets can't.
Speaker 3: This will be a missed opportunity if some of Iran's uranium enrichment capacity survives, when U participation could have made a difference, and it's a message influential entrepreneur and investor Bill Ackman repeats, he urges we should not less let this opportunity pass. But Israel does not have the equipment and ornaments to complete the job we do, and it.
Speaker 2: Does not require boots on the ground.
Speaker 3: The war Israel has been fighting has been on behalf of all of us. Let's help them finish the job. And Lindsey Graham is also publicly urging Trump to help, saying that if a deal can't be done, then America, the greatest power for good on Earth, should be all in to help Israel finish the job. Now Trump is aware that he's getting a nickname Taco, which stands for Trump always chickens out. He talks a big game, but when it comes to taking action, he hasn't been as forthcoming. Perhaps he's being influenced by the isolationists in the MAGA movement like Pulsi Gabbard, jd Vance, and Tucker Carlson. Or it would be a shocking outcome if Iran continues to develop an atomic bomb because of these narrow minded individuals who pander to a racist audience.
Speaker 2: The point is that right now the United.
Speaker 3: States is leaving it up to the only Jewish nation in the world, a comparatively tiny country, to defend all of democracy. Yet gratitude from international leadership has been thin.
Speaker 2: On the ground.
Speaker 3: I've barely heard a word of thanks, on any meaningful recognition at the price Israelis are paying. Israel is single handedly saving the world from Iran's buildup of lethal weapons capable of mass destruction. And when I say Israel is saving the world, I mean the brave young Israeli men and women who are fighting this war. It's the young generation of mostly Jews who are saving the world.
Speaker 2: Or trying to.
Speaker 3: Some are embedded deep undercover in Tehran, some are flying planes over enemy territory. They're all taking grave risks and putting their lives on the line in defense of Western civilization. Meanwhile, international leaders like Kiirs, Stamer, Anthony Albanezi, Penny Wang and others can't bring themselves to say thank you. Natiyahoo today referenced Winston Churchill's warning of the slumber of democracies, and it's true. The British Prime minister who defeated Nazi Germany often spoke of the dangers of democratic complacency in the face of totalitarianism. And this is precisely what we're seeing left leaning in different politicians who are sleep walking, unarmed and unprepared toward a future where our enemies are heavily militarized and intent on our destruction. Israel's ambassador to Australia, Emir Maimon, put Penny Wang and her like minded in their place when he said that Iran isn't hiding its intent, it declares it, he said, Yet some still urge diplomacy as if words can stop warheads.
Speaker 2: He says, this is how the conflict began.
Speaker 3: Israel cannot afford the illusion that existential threats are empty words well said, and furthermore, Pennywog and others are calling on both sides to show restraint, as if there's any equivalence between an evil terror regime and a democracy searching for peace, and she fails to acknowledge that only one.
Speaker 2: Side is targeting civilians.
Speaker 3: It's another example of double standards at play when Israel is involved and Israel, as you know, is only going after surgical targeted strikes on nuclear and military sites to try and neutralize an existential threat, while Iran is showering missiles down on innocent families. It's a simple statement of fact to say that the young Israelis fighting Iran right now have more courage and bravery in their bones than leaders like Albanisi and Kiir Starmer and Penny Wong will ever have. The young Israelis are coming face to face with an enemy that's only theoretical for the weak need leaders of the West. The Israelis are risking their lives for all of us, and they're on the right side of history. Let's hope the world wakes up and gives Israel the arsenal it needs to win, because Israel is fighting for a future that we can all.
Speaker 2: Agree on one of peace. That's all.
Speaker 3: Israelis want to live in peace and security without its neighbors trying to destroy it and that.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't be too much to ask.
Speaker 3: Okay, And as I say, we've got Richard Kemp coming up shortly, Littel schamesh coming up later, but right now, let's bring in our Monday panel Sky News host Steve Price and Joe Hildebrand evening.
Speaker 2: Steve, I mean you look at these international leaders.
Speaker 3: They can't distinguish between a rogue, evil regime that funds terrorism, that was behind the October seven attacks to begin with, and a democracy. Do you think in Australia this is all about the politics of Western Sydney and afar left ideology.
Speaker 7: I think that's where it started. I mean we saw that during the lead up to the election campaign, didn't we with the seats in Southwest Sydney, in particular that a Labor Cabinet minister's hole Tony Burke and others Chris Bowen, and they did not want to upset their constituency.
Speaker 1: But the time for that's gone now.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think what you've said at the start of the show is outstanding and you just wonder, don't you. You know, when Anthony ALBANIZI wanders in to this one on one meeting with Donald Trump, and Donald Trump asks him what he makes of the Israeli action to get rid of Iran's capability to build a nuclear weapon, what's Anthony alban is he going to say?
Speaker 6: Is he going to say?
Speaker 7: Well, as my Foreign Minister Penny Wong has been saying, this is all about diplomacy. We need to get the diplomats talking to each other to try and stop what's going on. Well, it's the time for that has passed. Sadly, it's past. And as you point out, the response from Iran, it's just showering rockets down on Tel Aviv, whereas the Israelis have gone in there with precise bombs, taking out these weapons manufacturing plants. Plus we should never forget taking out the leaders of their military, the nuclear scientists, the generals, the people running the Islamic Guard. I mean, Israel is the best at doing this of anyone in the world. And you know, no matter what you think of Benjamin nittn Yah, the bloke's got the guts to carry out what he knows has to be done exactly and.
Speaker 3: By the way, I think he's a brilliant and courageous leader who and I just feel like I have to say that because all.
Speaker 2: You ever hear is criticism of him.
Speaker 3: I mean, he is prepared to have the courage to defend his people and strike Iran.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 3: I think it's getting to the point where the Albanizi government can't actually acknowledge that Israel ever does anything right.
Speaker 10: I think what you're saying is them just trying to be diplomatic and sort of making these motherhood statements, you know, urging restraint, which I know gets a lot of people's back up. And I think you're absolutely right when you say that it's one thing for everyone to urge restraint when you're not the one who has the nuclear warhead pointed directly at you.
Speaker 1: When you know when it's a question of that's right, well, perhaps we will.
Speaker 10: But I suppose when you know that, if you know the hypothetical question or the academic question of whether or not Iran has nuclear weapons capability, that moment you find that out is when there is a nuclear warhead headed straight for Tel Aviv and Jerusalem that wipes Israel off the face of the map, and so I think the rest of the world needs to understand that that is how Israel's seeing it and is acting on that basis, and I think it is absolutely right to act on that basis. The other thing I think is that the Iranian leadership is in a whole world of trouble at the moment. I think I was listening to an Israeli commentator saying just the other day that actually Israel and Iran have a common enemy, the Iranian government. The Iranian people despise the regime. I remember seeing a bumper sticker just after the nineteen seventy nine revolution in my home in moments said Ayatola as a whole, and I think that that actually still sums up the mood on the ground. I know Iranians fat to flee from the previous Green Revolution, and again we need to say it doesn't really matter what the Australian government says or does. What matters is what Donald Trump and the Americans say and do. And if Israel needs more military capability to finish the job, than I think the Americans should give it to them, whether they do it covertly or openly or not very good.
Speaker 7: Well, the problem is the Australian government saying nothing. I mean they're not saying anything, Joe. Where are they around talking about diplomacy? I mean, for goodness sake, I mean I have to have the courage to stand up and be honest about it. It is embarrassing we look weak. And Donald Trump's going to look at Alban Easy on Wednesday morning and whenever it is our time, and he's going to see a weak man. I mean, you can't back away from what they've been saying, Joe. They're not strong enough.
Speaker 2: No, exactly any nose.
Speaker 1: He's a weak matter warheads, not words.
Speaker 10: As the Israeli Foreign minister said, is what's important.
Speaker 3: He did it, so my good friend and Mia all right well. Alban Easy held a press conference with the Amazon Web Services chief executive Matt Garman on the weekend, and Jeff Chambers from the Australian asked the Amazon boss about nuclear energy. But what's extraordinary is that the Prime Minister try to stop him asking the question.
Speaker 11: Have a look, is nuclear in addition to renewables something that will be needed to ensure that humanity can get to those next levels?
Speaker 7: I think to be fair, Jeff asking the US CEO about domestic.
Speaker 2: Energy policies.
Speaker 1: It's about data.
Speaker 12: I'm okay, look, I think you know definitely, the explosion of AI requires a lot of power, and so that's one of the things we're thinking about. I think here in the United States we see nuclear as part of that portfolio.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is extraordinary, Steve, because now the Prime minister's against free speech, trying to shut down questions.
Speaker 7: Well, what he didn't want to have, obviously, was a debate about the amount of energy you need to run those massive data centers. And anyone who's followed this at all knows that if you're going to be able to world leader in terms of AI, you need these massive data centers, and we don't have the energy to run them. And if we're going to go net zero and rely on wind turbines and solar panels for our power, we're never going to be able to do that. And you know, the bloke from Amazon could have quite rightly have said right there, well, we do need nuclear to run the sort of energy projects that we want to run. But Anthony Albaneze, he's red lights went off, sien started going off around the room, and he just tried to shut the journo up and hope that the conversation would go in another direction.
Speaker 3: And luckily the Amazon boss still said what he thought, irrespective of whether Abnezy would like the answer. But Joe, there's also been criticism about labor awarding public contracts to Amazon, and we've read in the paper today that there's a number of labor and peas even ministers who've raised concerns about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, and sound MPs as well. So sensible MPs like Tony Sheldon, who is a former National secretary of the Transport Workers Union and Deb O'Neill, who is a very wise woman who is a very strongly connected with the shoppies. The shop distributed of an Allied employees union and that's no coincidence. So you've got transport workers and warehouse workers basically, and they have been copying a really rough time from Amazon. There've been a lot of complaints. They've been claimed that they are managed with an interest for their lives. Absolutely everything they do is timed as their work practices are run by an algorithm to make sure that they're constantly working. They describe having to always be walking or even sort of trotting jogging.
Speaker 1: Around the warehouse.
Speaker 10: Some said they don't have time for toilet breaks. They're all casual workers, and of course unions hate that and because that there's a lot of there's no security in that kind of work, and so that the employees are often scared that if they comply and I'll speak up, they just don't get the next shift.
Speaker 1: Shame.
Speaker 10: Same as this new Amazon app that the drivers use where it's basically like Uber, so it's just you driving around in your own car and if you've got a few spare minutes, you become an Amazon driver for an hour and a half. Yeah, this is a new thing. So they're upset about that as well. So that is what their complaints are. I'm an Amazon user, I buy stuff from Amazon, and of course all of this is so they can get you that package the next day as they promise, and they brag about yeah, that's right, so that this and they say they brag about being totally cussomer focused, but that does come at the expense of really punishing their workers. That's why the Labyrinth piece are upset.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've been criticizing the Prime Minister tonight and I really don't want to cover him on the show so much because it annoys me every time I have to watch him speak. But nevertheless, we're going to cover best story that we learn that he's now paid more than Donald Trump, Mark Carney, Keir Starmer, Emmanuel mccron and Christopher Luxen. The Prime Minister has given himself a two point four percent pay rise and his salary is now going from six hundred and seven thousand dollars to six hundred and twenty two thousand dollars, says thanks to the Remuneration Tribunal. So Steve, Donald Trump's on about six hundred and seventeen thousand Australian dollars. But Steve, what I want to know is what is the Prime Minister actually paid for?
Speaker 2: Is it to make our life worse?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm going to sound very naive here, but this Renumeration Tribuan it came up with a two point six percent pay rise for every politician, all of them.
Speaker 1: From the most useless.
Speaker 7: Backbencher sitting up in the back row whose name you don't know. They're never going to do anything useful in their whole life except sit there and make up the numbers. They all get two point six percent plus we're paying on top of that their superannuation. Plus Anthony Albanzi when he leaves the office is going to have a lifetime pension in six figures. His superannuation is going to be worth over three million. But that's not going to get touched like the rest of the people who are.
Speaker 1: Going to get touched.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm being naive here, but how about a leader who says to the Renumeration Tribunal, we hear what you say, two point six percent, guess what for this term of parliament, we're not going to take it. You keep it, We're not going to take it. We're not going to take that pay rise. I mean, people would fall down in the street of people said if a politician said that, it wouldn't it be a wonderful breath of fresh air to say, we know there's people sleeping tonight in their cars, homeless, people who can't eat their you know, are freezing to death on the streets, we're not going to take your pay rise. Leave it, come back and talk to us in three years time.
Speaker 2: That would be a good move, wouldn't it.
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I agree, Christ, that's exactly right. I think we want it. You know, if you pay peanutsy get monkeys. So we want our politicians to be rewarded well enough that it's worth their while to cop all the the flak that they do. But yes, I think in times if the rest of the country is suffering, it's just not a good look, even if the actual amount of money isn't huge compared to big spends like Orcus or whatever you want. I think just the look of, you know, of pocketing the pay rise when other people don't even know if they're going to be able to pay their next Morganville is a really bad one. And I think just from a pr perspective, it would just look really good. I'm pretty I think I think the Men's government did.
Speaker 3: Maybe you should tell Albert to give up some of his folks chosen as you're good made to them, right. We don't hold it against you though. No, thank you around Steve Price, thank you both so much. Well, let's return to Israel's war on Iran's nuclear programs, and it's incredible how incisively Israel carried out the initial strikes using undercover operatives inside Tehran and spy agency Muzard also smuggled in drones and missiles deep into enemy territory. Iran was caught off guard and this element of surprise was crucial.
Speaker 2: Let's bring it now to.
Speaker 3: Discuss former British commander Richard Camp who laid British bosses in Iraq and Afghanistan. And Richard Camp is now live from Israel. Colonel, thank you so much for your time. Once again, look what impressed you about Israel's attack and has the nuclear program been damaged enough or our further strikes required.
Speaker 6: It's a real pleasure to be with you, Shari again.
Speaker 9: And I should tell you also I've got a bit of an Australia day to day because I've been speaking just now to a large group of Australian young professionals who are visiting Israel to volunteer, which is something that's very, I think, very impressive. As far as the Israeli operation against Iran is concerned. I think it's probably the most impressive military operation that has taken place, probably since the Second World War. It's an extraord which I don't think any other army could have achieved in terms of both the intelligence the long term intelligence preparation for this operation. None of this could have been done without very very successful intelligence penetration of Iran. Secondly, the incredible operational planning that went into it, so that as going into it all the time. I mean, you can imagine how many, how much coordinations, think chronization, it takes to organize multiple daily repeated strikes from the air at such a distance. Of course, all these planes have to be continually refueled and re armed and fly very long distances to achieve it. Just that alone is an amazing achievement. And then, of course the operations on the ground that you mentioned, the phenomenal operations that have been clearly in place there for a long long time, ready to be given the word to initiate. I think the damage that's been done, we none of us know this. It's only really the IDEA that can assess the extent of their damages, and they'll be using all their sources available to be able to make an assessment of how effective it's been.
Speaker 6: I think they can. You know, they will gauge.
Speaker 9: The future of this operation on their battle damage assessment, and that means we can't really say how long.
Speaker 6: It's going to go on for.
Speaker 9: I don't think even the chief of staff of the IDEF would be able to do now how long it will last.
Speaker 3: I think this is the critical question, and I know you say it's impossible to know. But the question is whether Israel does need American involvement to completely destroy around nuclear program, and the question of whether Trump is prepared to get involved. What you're hearing on the latest thinking around.
Speaker 9: This, Well, the first thing I say is I think that the United States and Israel are absolutely lockste over this campaign. Many people want it to be different, many for many people in the US and some in Israel, probably I hope.
Speaker 6: Very few in Israel who would lo.
Speaker 9: Like to kind of pretend that the division between the US and Israel is the risen. Israel and President Trump are in lockstep, and the United States has been doing a huge amount of help. Without the United States assistance, Israel would have found it very difficult to launch this operation and keep it going. And for example, in American provision of anti aircraft systems which have shot down a lot of the ballistic missiles coming into Israel, the assistance with munitions daily munitions flow into Israel from the United States intelligence.
Speaker 3: But to finish the job, America does need to become directly involved.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm not one hundred clear on that.
Speaker 9: I think it would probably make it much more effective if America came in, and I think America might well come in.
Speaker 6: I don't think we can exclude that possibility.
Speaker 9: They might after the brunt of the work has been done, they might come and deliver the coup de graphs through bunker busting bomb. But I do believe that Israel, even without that, Israel can set back at least set back this nuclear program by let's say, at least ten years by its actions. But of course US assistance would maybe make it even a much greater effect than the modern Israel can do.
Speaker 3: I'm hearing different things about Iran's remaining capabilities. They reportedly have the larger stockpile in the Middle East, with over three thousand missiles, but others tell me that there's only several days left that Iran can sustain this onslaught against Israel.
Speaker 2: Do you know what's correct?
Speaker 9: I think it's again it's an answer a question that can't really be answered, because, of course, a lot of it depends upon not just on the expenditure rate of missiles from Iran, but also the rate of destruction of missiles by Israel. Both on the ground and in the air, particularly on the ground. I know a lot of efforts gone into that, but I don't think we should look upon this as an on stoat against Israel, because I mean, I've been in numerous in Tel Aviv, particularly in the last two or three nights, when attacks have taken place, fire rom ballistic missiles fired, and of course it's devastating, people going, spending hours in their shelters, tragically, a number of people killed, a lot of destruction of buildings, but.
Speaker 6: That and I know every single death is tragic.
Speaker 9: But it's been a relatively small number of deaths, and with the exception of three people, as I understand it, all of those deaths have been people who have not gone and taken shelter when they were in structed to do so.
Speaker 6: And that doesn't make it any easier.
Speaker 9: But I think the fact that such a small number of people have been killed during this war so far, it does tell a story about Iran's weakness. And let's hope no more are killed, and you know, we could be facing some devastating situation in the future, but so far, I think one thing that struck me about Iran is how weak it is in its response.
Speaker 3: And as well report that are unverified that the Ayatola and the leadership have gone into hiding. We don't know quite whether that's true. All right, Colonel Richard Kemp. Always appreciate your insights in the program. Thank you very much. Now still to come leading Israeli News, Anka letelschamesh will join us here in Studio plus Radio. Legend Ray Hadley is back on the desk to talk Net zero, Mark Speakman, Chris Bow and alban Esi and more.
Speaker 2: He's after this quick break, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well after leaving him hanging, President Trump has finally agreed to a meeting with Anthony Albanzi. I'm joined now by broadcasting legend Ray Hadley.
Speaker 5: Ray.
Speaker 3: I think it's a bit like a guy who doesn't text back a girl and.
Speaker 2: Then eventually he's like, all right, all right, let's go on a date.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I don't think that at the current time that Anthony Albanezi at the G seven in Canada is high on the list of President Trump's priorities.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be a very short meeting.
Speaker 13: He'll ask for at action in Taris, he'll talk about Orcus, and I think there are other world leaders in far more prominent positions that all want a bit of the president.
Speaker 1: I think that's where he'll go.
Speaker 3: And the President's likely to say to Albanezi that he's got to increase Australia's defense spending as a percentage of GDP. This is something that Albanze is just childishly refusing to do, even though native countries have committed to five percent. You know, we're out of step with the international community now.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like the.
Speaker 13: Labor government of pretending what's happening in Israel and Iran isn't happening.
Speaker 1: I heard you comments lately.
Speaker 13: With Stephen, particularly about Penny Wong, and you've got to be my generation, or probably before my generation, to remember Neville Chamberlain. He made three visits to Germany in nineteen hundred and thirty eight, between September fifteen September thirty he went there three times, and he came back convinced that Adolph wouldn't do the wrong thing, and in fact announced to the British public, we'll have peace for our time. Five months later, Adolf Hitler invaded Poland and we had the carnage of World War two because of that madman. So Penny Wong must have read some biography about Neville. Chamberlain thought that's a good way to go. Let's decide that the Iranians are really good people, and this business about her contacting her counterpart, the foreign Minister, she'd be blatantly aware, given where she is in life, that homosexuals will put to death. In Iran women can't go out without a kneekab or a he jab on and if they do or show any part of their body from their neck to their feet, they can be put to death effectively, which they are. Homosexuals are frequently hung. And how do you deal with madmen? How do you pick up the phone and say, now, look, we'd like you to consider just pulling back a bit.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're dealing with ra lunatics. Why waste the call?
Speaker 3: And also so offensive that she has the call with the Iranian foreign minister before speaking to israel I mean ways, and it has the same message for both sides of the size restraint.
Speaker 13: From the very first day of all of this, Penny Wong has been on the wrong side of the argument. And one of the great I guess ironies is that this mob weren't punished at the last Federal election for I mean, Israel should have been a really big talking point for the Liberal National Party and the treatment of Israel by people. And I mean, I'm not blaming Pennywang that she's got this perception that everything Israel does must be wrong. It's a perception that's right through the world for some particular reason for.
Speaker 1: The minority of people as if.
Speaker 13: I mean, whether it's Sydney University or some other campus across this country, or in the United States of America where young people who have no idea of what happened prior to nineteen ninety nine. You know, A'm marching on the streets. They don't know what's going on. It's so infuriating, I'll tell.
Speaker 2: You what I mean.
Speaker 3: This government is so hostile towards Israel and the Jewish that I actually find it hard to live in the country at the moment.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's hard to deal with it.
Speaker 13: Well, you're reflecting what many people of the Jewish faith have said to me. The Jewish Board of Deputies, when I was still on air up until December last year, would constantly contact me. And it's not some sort of you know, idle observation that their children don't feel safe.
Speaker 1: They don't feel safe, their schools.
Speaker 13: Are under guard, and then you've got the lunacy of people, you know, with the graffiti attacks and Nazi symbols and the rest of it. I mean, it's not the Australia I grew up and I was born in nineteen fifty four, seventy years ago. This is a great country. It's a wonderful place. But we're being let down by minorities who are raving mad.
Speaker 3: And our leadership are also raving mad. As it turns out, the political leadership, Ray, I want to ask you about the Coalition. They haven't even really begun the debate about net zero. I mean they keep saying and there's going to be a review.
Speaker 2: It's like they're pushing it off. How are they ever going to revive at a position and what do you think it should be.
Speaker 13: Take a lead from the New South Wales Nationals. They had a meeting in Coffs Harvat last week. Last Thursday, there was a motion put forward forget about net zero twenty fifty and it was carried by a vast majority. There was cheering and clapping when they carried it. So David Little Proud needs to look at what happened with And this wasn't Googal Saundas making the decision. This was the members of the National Party, the rank and file. And look, I'm not some sort of climate denier, but we can't get where they want to go in the next ten years. We probably can't get there in twenty years. But who knows what happens in twenty five years, twenty fifty. There will be different forms of power we haven't even thought of. I mean, I grew up in the media without a mobile phone. When I first started in the nineteen eighties, there were no computers. We had people writing up news bulletins on typewriters, old fashion type.
Speaker 2: Ruter so Google.
Speaker 3: I remember going down to the library and NewsCorp in the basement to look up to get folders on things for the senior journalists.
Speaker 13: Well, I mean most broadcasters, particularly those notable ones, had a set of Encyclopedia Britannic Are in their office to go and have a look at what happened at varying stages.
Speaker 1: Now you press a button and you get it all. So the world has evolved. In the forty years old was in the media.
Speaker 13: And it'll evolve in the next ten and so will energy. It'll all evolve. And this panic at the moment. And there's a story that you haven't touched on. And if I can just take a minute, it's about these electric scooters and bikes. Now, we had a bit of a blitz last week by police and BONDI finding people for no helmets.
Speaker 1: Speeding and all the rest of it.
Speaker 13: And everyone thinks that they're wonderful things because they're an affordable made of transport and the kids twelve year old double, their siblings and their friends and all the rest of it. Then they take kind of lifting battery and plug it in. If you live in Sydney, the power comes from coal fired power stations, and so does the power that powers the Tesla's.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it does my head in I know anyway, we're touching on it. I digress as I often.
Speaker 3: I've often spoken about the difficulties of cyclists on the road.
Speaker 2: But story for another day.
Speaker 3: Next we'll be on to recycling that it'll be on my pet.
Speaker 13: We'll be in taptit agreement about everything, boy or anything between you and mood.
Speaker 3: Now, Ray, I can't go before you tell us about the Golden I mean you are being credited with personally raising an extraordinary amount of money with the touching story of little Ola.
Speaker 13: It look it's very kind of people who have said all of this over the course of the weekend.
Speaker 1: For those of you in other parts of Australia, they.
Speaker 13: Have a gold in the annually where they've raised tens of millions of dollars for the Sydney Children's Hospital network, being Westmead and ram With and they break a record this year with eighty three point four million dollars in one night. I did the auction. There were four lots that brought incredible money. There was generality you've never seen before. I'd just give you one example of the generosity. Christina clearly, the CEO, the former premier, gets up and says, right HEO for five hundred thousand dollars, this is what you'll do for one of these children's hospital. Could be a thea, there could be something very important in terms of technology. So people put their hands up. And I walked up to this lovely young lady, a lady of Chinese birth obviously, but an Australian citizen, and I put the microphone to her and said, what would you like to do. She said, I'd like to give five hundred thousand dollars. Wow, I know you fell over, so I said, that's.
Speaker 1: Most kind of you. What's your name?
Speaker 13: And she identified herself, and then the young lady sitting next to her, obviously her friend tapped me on the arm and I said, yes, I'd like to give five hundred thousand dollars as well, I mean. And that set the agenda for the rest of the night. And corners were very generous. There's a club in southwestern Sydney, also on the northern beaches, also on the central coast called Mounties thirteen and a half million dollars.
Speaker 1: They gave such.
Speaker 3: Wonderful generosity and for you wouldn't find a more worthy cause.
Speaker 1: Rate one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: So much your time, Thanks a lot, See you next time, next time.
Speaker 3: All right, So to come the shocking political assassination of an American politician. We'll talk about this with Koshergata plus Israeli news anchor Litel Chamesh will speak about.
Speaker 2: Life under Iranian assault. That's next. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: We'll joining me now live in studio is Israeli news anchor Littel Chamesh, who is currently in Australia and Littel, you're here on holiday when the war hit, so you obviously can't go back home at the moment.
Speaker 2: The airport's closed.
Speaker 3: Obviously all of your friends and family colleagues are in Israel.
Speaker 2: This is unprecedented for Israelis.
Speaker 3: Having the Iron Dome not able to intercept all of the missiles. How is Israel coping without emotionally.
Speaker 8: Speaking, Yeah, it's I have to say, it's hard to be here whilst my friends and family are over there experiencing the war. And as you said, the Iron Dome is not intercepting all the missiles because Iran is barraging fifty rockets at a time, sixty rockets at a time, and obviously the Arundom cannot intercept that amount. And yeah, we've seen twenty four Israelis were mortared so far from those rockets. We're talking about direct heats into highly populated areas, buildings. Over six hundred wounded people were wounded in those targeting, So yeah, it's very sad to see.
Speaker 3: We've been speaking tonight about whether America will get involved and whether it's essential that they do in order to completely destroy around nuclear program.
Speaker 2: What's your view on this.
Speaker 8: I think at the end of the day, America has to step in in order to completely destroy the nuclear facilities of Iran. And we're talking specifically about the four Doah facility, which is eighty ninety meters underground, and Israel doesn't have the necessary bombs in order to take down that nuclear facility. America does. We're talking about shelter bomber shelter.
Speaker 3: But Israel did hit photo today I read, but we just don't know the extent of the damage to it.
Speaker 8: We don't know the extent, and we need the specific thirteen tons bombs in order to reach that facility. So I think America would have to step in at the end of the day. Iran is threatening, not just Israel, threatening America and threatening the free world basically.
Speaker 3: Indeed, look, there's also the question of regime change, whether this is something that's possible.
Speaker 2: Of course it would be welcome.
Speaker 3: But Netanyahu today in his interview with Fox News made the point that ultimately that is up to Iranians.
Speaker 8: That is up to Iranians. And I think it's not just israel interest to see revolution in Iran. It's the Uranian people and the free world. We remember around the seventies, Israel had a peace agreement with Iran, had an embassy in Iran, women had equal rights, women were liberated, and I'm really hoping for the Iranian people to see a different regime, to see a liberal regime. This whole war started where Iran decided to orchestrate it October seventh. Iran is the one orchestrating. Managing is what happened in October seven, funding Hamas in the Gaza strip, managing Isabella up north, the Yemens, the hoodies in Yemens are firing rockets at Israel at the moments. Or Israel is fighting all those battles not just for the sake of Israel, but for the sake of free world people who want to live in prosperity, democracies, who want to flourish. And I think the word should just speak grateful for what Israel is doing at the moment.
Speaker 3: When you look at Israel's strategy militarily in this war, I mean, it's been.
Speaker 2: Very clever, hasn't it.
Speaker 3: They dealt with Hermas first, Hesbela, and then when Iran's proxies were taken out. It's only now that they're dealing directly with Tehran, and if they hadn't have taken out the proxies, it would be a much more difficult fight because you'd have Hesbela sending missiles and rockets across as well. So saneta Ya who and his advisor is the strategy here, I think has been really smart.
Speaker 8: One percent, one hundred percent. And at the end of the day, we had to strike the nuclear facilities aver i Wan because Iran was just weeks from reaching those bombs who could have eliminated the straight of Israel and what we're seeing now in this war would have been ten times one hundred times worse if Iran would get nuclear heads. So Saudi Arabia and the Emirates baherin America are now thanking Israel for what Israel is doing in Iran at the moment.
Speaker 3: All right, little thank you so rach AND's so wonderful to have you here in and even though of course you're desperately missing your family, so great to meet you in person.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Now, coming up, the man arrested over the assassination of an American politician. That's with Kosher Gada next, welcome back, Well, let's bring in now Sky News contributor Kosher Gada. Kosher police have arrested Advanced Bolt. He suspected a fatally shooting state Representative Melissa Hortman and her husband and wounding Senator John Hoffman and his spouse in a separate attack. Now it's alleged he dressed up as a police officer to gain access to the homes.
Speaker 2: Kosher, What more do we know about this?
Speaker 14: So fats are still obviously unfolding pretty rapidly here, but there are some curious ones that emerge. So one is he did dress up and impersonate a police officer, So it sounds like a lot of premeditation and nefarious planning. Allegedly, there is a notebook that was found in his possession that has a target list of other leaders potentially that he had in mind as going after that. Those names have not been officially released right now, but I understand they're being reported to those individuals privately. And also what's curious is the target This person that he did assassinate the state senator from Minnesota and her husband. Just hours before that, she sort of gave a speech about voting for a bill and she was the one lone Democrat who voted on the side of Republicans against holding back free funding and different things for immigrants in that community, which is a hot button issue right now. So who knows that it is politically motivated. Who knows if it was specifically that issue or something else. But he sounds like a very disturbed individual, And sadly, these kinds of political attacks really seem to be on the rise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just so terrible to say that these keep happening.
Speaker 2: Kosher.
Speaker 3: The US had another wave of protests over the weekend, the No Kings protest aimed at Trump.
Speaker 2: Amid the military parade.
Speaker 3: I mean, Kosha, what exactly were these protests over and did they reign on the parade so to speak?
Speaker 2: I don't think I think they did.
Speaker 14: They kind of look a little bit sort of sad and lackluster compared to just the magnanimous nature of the parade and the might of the US military and all that that was celebrating. I think it was sort of a hodge pot of different issues, but they all ultimately do the common vector that they train in on is Trump and his policy agenda. No King, meaning, you know, the parades happened to coincide with Trump's birthday, and so some take the view that it's a very self aggrandizing thing for him to do, and they're trying to push back on that. Some of them are protesting immigration policy, mass deportations, you know, various things that he's doing. But I think, you know, it's a very divided country right now, and his agenda, while very popular, does have a very strong opposition to it, and so it makes sense that these types of protests are going to spill out and continue.
Speaker 2: To All right, Kosha, thank you so much tonight. I really appreciate it. And that's all we've got time for today.
Speaker 3: I'll see you tomorrow at eight o'clock and it's going to be another big show. Obviously, the war Israe's war against Iran continues. I'm going to have more big guests on tomorrow nights, so don't miss it.
Speaker 2: And he is Pomari