Speaker 1: Appod shaped Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of am I've Had Mom Podcasts, the podcast that just keeps on giving content of the content. We do three episodes a week, just in case anyone didn't realize that well.
Speaker 3: We cut it back, because we well didn't cut it back. We cut them up, really, didn't we. You see a really long episode and then we're just like split them into three binge it like Netflix.
Speaker 2: Yep, school pickup line ten minutes before you kids get in a few of.
Speaker 3: Our listeners actually just lock themselves in the pantry and put their AirPods in the Yeah, I've heard of you, Like I'm on the DM go, I've locked myself in the pantry to listen to this for ten minutes, or like put their AirPods in to go out and hang up the washing, you know, all those little jobs that people forget about that you're lucky enough to be doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're on Instagram as well, at am I A Bad Mum.
Speaker 1: We do little snippets on there too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do well snippets where you can see, like that little glimpse of crazy come out. That was the last snippet, right.
Speaker 1: It was you. You looked like a woman possessed.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it was fresh, remember, like it was so fresh, I think I'd slept on it and everything. And then as soon as I saw you, I was just like, ah, like this is happening.
Speaker 1: You were triggered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you just backed me up and supported the cause and said that your daughter had done the same same We're all the same thing. And then one of the other girls comes through and says, that's why I told you to buy the six dollar lunch boxes from Aldi. Oh did you know no Bento boxes? Six dollars from Aldi? Ah, so much better, good quality. Yeah, and she said, and then you can get a couple so when they lose them, we just take another one out of the cupboard. Yeah, okay, Amanda, you were far too organized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's less annoying. Yeah, six dollars. Yours was like forty dollars.
Speaker 3: It was not six dollars. Un. I always like choked, going, oh my gosh. But again, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Spend forty dollars on your own lunch box because you know that you're not losing that.
Speaker 3: I've got a really good, actual wine cooler bag that coust me forty dollars yeah, that's never been lost. No, that's always been returned. Am I a bad mum for not paying attention to the actual foot that's broken?
Speaker 1: Oh god, this is giving me deja vou.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought of you. It was a week ago my niece turned ten, and off everybody went to a birthday party for Sophie Claire. Sorry, so I think it's my second or third year that I've missed your birthday party because I was working to.
Speaker 2: Deliberately rosty yourself on when as kids parties. So the girls will be there, I'll be at work.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I genuinely laughed when I was like, oh, tough sitch, I'm working again. Nanadee took the girls along to the birthday party, which was like an inflatable world obstacle course back on the water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you didn't actually have works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you promise I've got footage? So off I went cat footage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in case no one believed you.
Speaker 3: There's been a few times where you've questioned me and gone, you weren't really there, were you? You were just no? I wasn't. I promise, No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was one of those situations where someone went, could you cover my shift, and you went.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'll do it. I'll take a whole day. How many shifts can I have? So yeah, off they go and they do that. That's all well and good. Now this day in particular was really windy, and this obstacle course is an inflatable one which is on open like it's on the sea, like it's not in a lake. This is actually on the beach. So there was like white peak like surf breaking and this whole thing's going like I'm talking like my niece whose birthday, buddy it was. She vomited out on the course twice because you had seasick, but she just kept going, oh god, that's how rough.
Speaker 2: It was so big inflatables, but they're out in the ocean.
Speaker 1: But is it like protected by anything.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. I didn't like in red clears.
Speaker 1: What happens if they just fall off the edge?
Speaker 3: I know they have to swim back or something. I'm not sure. It wasn't there the wave teket Yeah, yeah, you have to do anyway, even if you're on that. The one at the like at the Sunny Coast that we've done before is really like challenging. It's not even windy. It's not even rough. It's challenging full stop. All went well, Like I said, a few of them had little bombs here and there that had seasickness, so I would have been a treat out there. Then Gracie said she heard the buzzy go and that means you've got to come in for the next session to start. And she said she sort of went to turn around. Her foot has gone one way, her body has gone the other way, and a wavers caught her at the same time.
Speaker 1: Oh god, this place sounds horrible.
Speaker 3: Yes, So then my brother is out there, Luke, Like, Uncle Luke's like, come on, you'll be fine, like knowing that sometimes with Gracy girl it can be a little bit of drama that's spun on it, and so he was like, come on, oh, you'll be right, And he said, I felt bad because I was like just ushering in, going you'll be fine. It's you know, it's just you've hurt your little toa. It's fine.
Speaker 1: So he was on the course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was out there. He had to be because you to have a number of like adults per child when they're under a certain age. Lucky Uncle Luke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was this like almost like a punishment for him not having kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here you go, he said.
Speaker 3: He felt a bit like motion sickness too. He was like it was hectic. He's like, it was so crazy out there. They all had fun, but poor Gracie's pulled up with the injury. That's all well and good. Now by the time I get home from a massive day at work, I'm rocking in. Yeah, no, it really was, I promise. I was super tired. But at the same time I come home to then seeing my child on crutches. Oh god. And I looked at it and I was like, this is really necessary a little toe. Come on, dar, you don't need that. Just try and apply a little bit of pressure on the inside of your foot to carry the outside. We will put it up breastt all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: Suck it up, have a glass of water.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So then Monday morning comes, no pressure being applied to foot, and it was not getting better, Like it didn't look any better. It was actually looking like it was getting worse. But because it was the start the first day of the second week of high school, one couldn't miss out. So if we go to high school, which her high school is full of stairs and so again, because we're both learning the ropes. I didn't know that I needed to tell any teachers that she's on crutches. I also didn't know how definitive this whole school was via stairs. Tough situation to be on crutches. Yeah, it'd been a whole day at school looking worse for whar I was like, put to my ice on it. You'll be fine for your foot up. It's a broken toe. We can't do anything with it. Worst case scenario, broken toe. You don't do anything with a broken toe, no up than rest and strap it.
Speaker 2: So we did that, probably not walk up and downstairs at school.
Speaker 3: Anyways. And then comes a Tuesday. I said to her, look, just stay home. No, no, I've got to go to school. I've got to go. So I thought, why am I going to get an X ray for you? If? Anyway? Long story short, telehealth doctor calls me really nice, really lovely gentlemen, So what foot is it? I was like.
Speaker 1: One of them.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, that's a good question. I can feel him judging me through the phone.
Speaker 1: Why does it even matter what foot it is?
Speaker 3: Because he goes, I can't give you an X ray. Consult thing to take to get an X ray if I don't have the exact foot that's on that. I was like, there's no need to be rude about that. It's not my fault that I can't think about what foot is broken of hers right now. I just can't think if it's left or right, and it goes well, I can't give you the consult form then until you get me the right foot, so judge it.
Speaker 1: Can you just write on can you just put foot X ray? Like TBC.
Speaker 3: I could hear him, I could hear the judgment. It was like seeping through the phone. And you know when you like feel someone's judgment, especially about parenting, you're already like like, it just gets you like wild. It doesn't take me much to get over that, but I just literally get wild. And then I was like oh, and then thinking in my head, I'm trying to strategize how I'm going to work out which foot It was whilst keeping him on the phone because I said, I'm not going to be able to speak to him again. You can't ring a doctor back like that. There's another whole process in itself. So it's like trying to think where would her other shoe be because she's I knew she went to school with one shoe on but only a sock on the other. So I was like, if I can just find that shoe, for the love of God, I could not find the shoe. I was like, he goes, I have to go. I'll tell your health a point. I was like, yep, no worries. I'll find out the foot that's broken on my child and I'll come back to you.
Speaker 2: I've literally paid no attention. I told her to suck it up, keep hopping.
Speaker 3: Was it actually just before you go? I was like, and just in case we don't catch eatail and I don't get the X ray, let's just say worst case scenario if it is broken. From a doctor's perspective, much can be done for those sorts of situations. He was like, Rachel, we need to know if it's broken or not to give you the right the directions, like the right instruction. You know. I mean, but it's like kind of like strapping it would be good, right, strapping it and keep elevating it. Doing that can't do much for a little toe. He's like, again, I'll speak to you when you work out which foot it is of your child.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, yeah, side story on that. My sister when she was about four, broke her leg ice skating and my dad took her to the hospital and they x rayed the leg and they were like, no, she's all good, Like she's fine, good to go, got in the car. My sister went, why did they x ray the other leg? My dam was so embarrassed. He took her back to another hospital, a different one, so he didn't.
Speaker 1: Have to go back.
Speaker 3: I think Katie I would do the same. I'd be horrified. I was horrified at myself two days with this child with the same broken foot, and I couldn't work out which food it was. And I'm thinking, I'm trying to picture in my head, like if I was facing this way and she was facing this way, what I was like.
Speaker 1: You know, let's look at the positives.
Speaker 2: You didn't have to go on that god awful in the ocean.
Speaker 3: You know. I felt sorry for Gracie.
Speaker 2: But what's happening next year for Sophie's party? If it's at the same place, another day of busy work.
Speaker 3: I'll be working. You're not even rosted. I'll be working. Don't even ask me