Speaker 1: Late Welcome Late Debate.
Speaker 2: Well, it's great to have your company on the Late Debate, James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Joe Hildebrand. We've got obviously a lot to talk about tonight, with lots happening around the country.
Speaker 3: Later on we'll talk about a politician.
Speaker 2: Who's in trouble after running for parliament, all the while putting bets on himself to lose the election. We'll talk about that later plus when we get to the papers. Obviously the return of Julia sangj is everywhere as well, the Victorian government looking at what introducing what amounts to a death tax, and the Darwin Waterfront is evacuated as a World War two era Japanese bomb is detonated. We'll talk about all of that when we get to the papers. But the conflict in Gaza looks like it might be drawing to a close after nine months of fighting. It seems peace is finally on the horizon, not due to Joe Biden, Benjaminette, Yahoo or the United Nations, but thanks to Sydney City Lord Mayor Clover More. Clover Moore has decided in her wisdom to review the council's printing contracts with Israeli based company Hewitt Packard in a push to boycott Israeli companies, and she believes this may well be the crucial peace that finally brings a resolution. She said, today leaders must strive to break the cycle of violence in this region and ensure that neither Israelis nor Palestinians live in fear and at risk of harm or death. Now more than ever, we must use our voices to call for peace. She goes on to say, if the city's voice in this campaign can put additional pressure towards a cease fire and an end to the humanitarian crisis, then I think we should carefully review our investments and suppliers.
Speaker 3: So there you have it.
Speaker 2: Sydney City Council can't empty bins, can't fill potholes, can solve the Ghazan Conflicting.
Speaker 4: The James, I know, I know, I'm detecting a note of sarcasm.
Speaker 3: Not at all. I'm so excited by it development.
Speaker 4: I have to I think, for the sake of clarity, we have to. We have to state that you are being somewhat facetious. Citis the touch Sydney City Council boycotting Hewlett Packard won't solve the Middle East peace crisis for the precise reason that it's already been solved by Fatima payment voting with the Greens in the center. There's no crisis left to solve. It's late to the party. What you're doing.
Speaker 1: She's still I mean, she shouldn't need to wait in she should have been.
Speaker 4: There passing emotion, you know, from the river to the sea. That usually does it, I think, or maybe just hang out at Sydney UNI.
Speaker 2: Aside from the fast set in, Aside from the fact that boycotting Israeli companies in protest that the Israeli government is trying to rescue their own people who are still being held hostages by terrorists, that is not only offensive, it's just downright evil. But I mean, it's just ridiculous that anything Sydney City Council does is going to have any effect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, and we love to poke finite councils engaging in foreign policy, of course, but here we have a council who's literally essentially creating their own sanctions.
Speaker 5: Now foreign you guys, sanctions, we do not.
Speaker 1: Do business with you. To be clear, this is a report in order so to speak that they've commissioned. So we'll know whether they actually action it in three months when we get a report out of this and we find.
Speaker 4: Out boycott Palestinian companies in order to pressure on her mask to release the hostages because they said it was they were doing it for both Israelis and Palestinians.
Speaker 1: Oh, except for maybe the Palestinians don't have anything to boycott it.
Speaker 5: What do we buy off them?
Speaker 4: That's right, there's a topic in that on in and of itself. But this is history repeating itself because a Likehart Counsel did the exact same thing ten years ago. So again, the Greens and the prog left have not been you know, they're not suddenly outraged by what Israel has been doing over the last six months. They've been after Israel for years and years and years decades in fact, and the like Art City Council went like Council in Cities in a West when it was run by the Greens, instituted its own BDS program, which is Boycott's divestments and sanctions, which was part what something the left were going for. You might remember, like kids were out there protesting against Max Brenner. Max Brennan Newtown.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's by Jews.
Speaker 4: Let's protest. So they went out there and you know, just basically stankd the joint out and then the mayor of like our council ran for the state seat of Marrickville against Carmel Tebbett, the former Missus Anthony Albanezi and lost in an absolute routing. She got absolutely pants and that was basically done like a know over there, because people back then realized that this was just absolutely insane for any local government to be involving itself in any foreign policy, let alone one as contentious and problematic as this one. And the Jewish community very very grateful, well sorry, very very grateful for Carmel Tebbet's stance against the BDS, and indeed very very grateful for Anthony Albanese support as well. And so the Jewish community and anti Albanis actually have a history that goes many many years. They get along much more.
Speaker 1: I'm going to the Jewish community today that was on their side.
Speaker 5: I'm breath.
Speaker 4: There are close community links there.
Speaker 5: Keep those shreds of credibility.
Speaker 1: But obviously the reason why she's doing this as well is she's seeking a sixth term in September. So she's put her nose in the air, sniff the political will of the people, or so she thinks. And even if nothing comes of this, people will have seen the headline and that's what you're doing it for.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Victoria where the premier has announced a four million dollar eighteen months pill testing trial to begin this summer. What the government are going to do is create mobile pill testing centers that will go from various music festivals to others about ten this summer, as well as a fixed pill testing center in the CBD. This issue has been bubbling along for quite some time, but the Victorian government has finally said we're going to do it. Have listened to Victorian Premiere Dicenta Allen talking about how it was her kids that convinced.
Speaker 3: Her that this is a good idea. Have a listener to.
Speaker 6: Agis are they their kids get handed a pill at a festival. They want a medical professional who can tell them exactly what it is and exactly what it does without telling them it's safe, No judgment, just facts, honest, open health focused conversations. That's how we change young people's behavior and even reduce drug use, and that's all pill testing is about. It doesn't make pills legal, but it does keep people safe, so.
Speaker 2: That's all it's about. It doesn't make pills legal, it just keeps people safe. The only problem is the police themselves are quite confused now about what's going to happen in music festivals. Should they be checking young people for drugs? Should they be standing right back? They're not sure what they're supposed to be doing. Have a listen to this from Police Association Secretary Wayne Gatt. He said, and I quote pill testing diminishes the illegality of illicit drug taking in a particular area at a particular time, and that flies directly in the face of long accepting police practices, principles rather personal responsibility and the law.
Speaker 3: So it beggars belief is that.
Speaker 2: The Victorian government have not consulted with the police so that this is clear. A head of the announcement, the police are saying, well, currently we conduct drug searches. Should we no longer do that? Or should we conduct drug searchers but sort of not within fifty meters or is it one hundred meters of the pill testing center? And what if we find drugs on a young person at a festival. But they say, oh, I'm on my way to the pill test.
Speaker 1: Oh, they say, look, they've already been tested, so it's been given real clear.
Speaker 7: She'll be right, mate.
Speaker 1: He's hit the nail on the head when he says pill testing diminishes the illegality of illicit drug taking, because is it really illicit anymore? Are those drugs really illegal when you've got state funded pill testing to ensure that, Hey, it's.
Speaker 5: Aoka if you take this.
Speaker 1: I've My argument has remained the same on this since the dawn of it, and that.
Speaker 5: Is, let natural selection take it's called.
Speaker 1: You want to be stupid enough to take drugs, then you're rolling the dice baby and the strong survive the week, don't. But how many more kids I just can't believe Justinta Allen is even trying on the argument that this will reduce the use of drugs. Show me one kid who once they know well, this thing's safe. I've got state funded pill testing on site at my festival, isn't probably going to give it a go, even if they wouldn't have previously. Will be given a false sense of security, And yeah, the sense of illegality goes out the window.
Speaker 4: Also, if you've got a pill and you've got to test it and they say no, this one's no good, wouldn't you just chuck that and then go and find another dealer and get another pill. I'm sorry, I've seen the light I found Jesus. I'm going to go to my first ever outdoor rave sober.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't the pill testers be saying that again about every drug that comes through their doors because the idea of this drug being illegal is that it is bad for you, It will do a bad things, criminalized.
Speaker 5: And don't resk it.
Speaker 3: It's really the problem. This is the issue of liability.
Speaker 2: What if they go, they get their pill tested, they're told yeah, that's safe. Then they take it, but they mix it with another drug or they just have a bad reaction and something to what happens.
Speaker 3: Who's at fault.
Speaker 4: Again these two things. Since the Act first first introduced it a couple of years ago, and interestingly Victoria is following the Act and Queensland in this trial. And I don't know what the test results were for the Queensland pills, but judging by tonight's state of origin, performance work can work too soon soon too soon, you weren't still raw. But the firstly, how do you police it? So you have to therefore have some kind you have to have some kind of amnesty zone sometimes zone where police couldn't search people if you were a drug drugs dealers, Chris, that's exactly where you go. So I don't know how that works in practice, and maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Maybe the cops is turned a blind eye and pretend. And the other thing is, of course, like you say, the libility. Now we've got class actions in Americas. We're very fond of talking about it. This show of people who have taken a COVID vaccine that's been tested, that's had clinical trials, and they've still had an adverse reaction, and now they're saying, how dare you? How dare you imagine? What the what the video? I mean, the kid's going to have to sign a waiver to say that, you know, I won't take any further action if you tell me. And of course the doctors aren't going to say that it's safe. They keep making that clear. No we're not going to say it's safe, but we're going to say, you know, oh, this doesn't have any horse tranquilizer in it, or it doesn't have it, or it's pure en DNA or whatever whatever. But either way, if it's effectively sanctioned, then you know, we'll only take the first death after a pill has been tested, or the first adverse reaction. And you know what if the kid becomes a schizophrenic by taking.
Speaker 5: Of having illegal drugs, is that's right?
Speaker 4: That's right. And again the criminalizing drugs like, not all of them, but but I'm in favor of what Dominic Perrete did, which was divert personal drug use out of the system. So drugs are still illegal, so they're not decriminalized, but if you're court with a small amount just for personal use, you get referred in the first instance or to treatment rather than clogging up the court system. And that was something obviously done by a conservative premier. That makes perfect sense. But to have a system where you're just going to specifically test pills and leave all other illicit drugs out of it and still keep them as being illegal just makes no sense to me.
Speaker 2: Ellen, in her explanation on Twitter, explained that smart young people want information, smart young people taking drugs, and.
Speaker 1: That way just making it like no, these are the smart ones. You know they're doing their research before they take this illegal substance. Do me a favor to a case now that will literally curl your hair if it's not already curly. A guy in the Netherlands who is a convicted rapist is now going to Paris twenty twenty four Olympics to compete on the international stage. This man was a convicted rapist of a twelve year old back in twenty and sixteen. At the time, the judge said his chances of going to the Olympics were quote a shattered dream end quote and that he had quote a dark side end quote. Well, yeah, you would have to have a dart side to be seven years This girl's senior groom her for two years, travel from the Netherlands on several occasions to rape her repeatedly in her own mother's home while the mother's away.
Speaker 5: And this child is just twelve years old.
Speaker 1: This sniveling pile of steaming human fegal matter dares to say this. He says, quote, I do want to correct all the nonsense which has been written about me.
Speaker 7: When I was locked up.
Speaker 1: I did not read anything of it on purpose, but I understand that it was quite bad that I have been branded as a sex monster, as a pedophile. P fact check that that I am not really not. Everyone can have an opinion about me, but it is only fair if they also know my side of the story.
Speaker 7: Buddy, I just told your side of the story.
Speaker 1: He served only twelve months in jail, by the way, he was sentenced with four years, but got out on bail after one. And now this guy gets to go belauded as a famous athlete at Paris twenty twenty four the Netherlands. What the hell are you thinking?
Speaker 7: And I'm just going to remake my point.
Speaker 1: If we had the death penalty for convicted pedals, as I've repeatedly asked for, we wouldn't have this problem.
Speaker 7: We would have this problem.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: So again I present my case.
Speaker 3: I suppose killing people does eliminate a lot of problems.
Speaker 1: If you look like that Liz rapist a child, No, you would also cause a shortage on the Dutch beach volleyball team as well. So you know, literally, they haven't got any better than a guy who repeatedly raped a twelve year old. He is somebody else to bash around a volleyball for crying out.
Speaker 3: Laud I decided the moral question for a moment, there's.
Speaker 1: No pudding aside the moral I said from I said, for a moment, No, why that is? That is? I didn't see how you have a point, if.
Speaker 7: What this is all about.
Speaker 3: If you allow me to speak, you'll see that I've.
Speaker 4: Got a point.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's see if you do.
Speaker 3: There's a legal issue here first and foremost.
Speaker 2: If he qualifies for the Olympic Games, and you make the Olympic team based on your athletic performance, and there is no criteria that says if you are a convicted rapist, you cannot be selected, and they don't select him even though he's qualified, Potentially there's a discrimination issue that will just be a legal question before you get to the moral question.
Speaker 3: I'm just pointing out moral.
Speaker 1: Questions should first though, Why would you want?
Speaker 3: That's an issue?
Speaker 4: So should all convicted criminals, no child rape victor pedophiles.
Speaker 7: If you've done.
Speaker 1: Petty theft, or you've engaged in fraud, mate play ball, all you like, if you're the best your country has got for it, I am talking about child rapists, convicted pedophiles.
Speaker 4: Convicted rapists as well, or just child rapists.
Speaker 5: Child rapists?
Speaker 2: Should you be allowed to work in the public service? So if you've had that sort of conviction.
Speaker 1: As a child rapist, no, okay, should you be allowed to what other jobs?
Speaker 3: Should you be barred from? What other once you've served your time? Exactly?
Speaker 1: Get my argument twelve months in prison, which is nothing, and then just live life as if it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: My question is, once you start down this track and you say someone's been convicted, someone has served their time.
Speaker 1: They haven't served their time twelve months, your daughter Mac, there is no way you would argue this.
Speaker 7: Answer me, that would you argue this.
Speaker 2: I'd like to finish what I was saying. The fact you only served twelve months is outrageous. But that's a legal matter, right, that's down to the judicial system. All I'm asking is, if you commit a crime and then you found guilty, and then you serve the punishment, how long then does society continue to punish you?
Speaker 5: Never?
Speaker 1: You never, you never get to be treated just one of us, now, No, not when you've committed the most heinous crime anyone can possibly People can never reform, No, people can never be There have been so many studies done showing that pedophiles. No, they can't. They don't even believe they're in the wrong. They don't see a problem with what you've just convicted of them, them for, locked them up for. There is no reformation here. Okay. So no, this particular crime that I'm talking about, there is no amount of time you can serve whereby you should just be let back into the community. And everyone treats you like it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Screw, and no one's treating him like it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 7: I think you're arguing.
Speaker 3: Advocating for him.
Speaker 2: I'm tru you are, Mac, I'm just trying to work out how far you would go in that argument.
Speaker 4: Okay, consistent, So pedophiles should not be able to Anyone convicted of child sex offenses should not be able to I'm not disagreeing with you necessarily, but anyone convictive child sexpenses basically shouldn't be allowed to do any anything.
Speaker 5: Why should they be?
Speaker 3: Okay, So what do you suggest they do for the rest of their lives?
Speaker 1: Get a job as a factory worker as long as public service.
Speaker 5: Those are leaders.
Speaker 7: We're talking about leaders in our community.
Speaker 1: Now, we're talking about people who are the public service make decisions on a daily basis.
Speaker 4: There's many, many, many different levels we're talking about. You know, that's right South Wales. That's right is what is?
Speaker 1: Don't understand what your argument is you answer it since you don't seem to think that the lines here line. So he gets to go to the Olympics, he gets to become prime Minister, to be voted.
Speaker 3: In my principle, you're.
Speaker 1: Arguing that they should just do their time and once their time is up.
Speaker 2: I would argue that if you have committed a crime, whatever that crime is, we have a judicial system. You do the crime, then you serve the punishment, and once you've served that punishment, then it says more about society than it does about that person that we grant that person the opportunity to know.
Speaker 7: We grant them nothing. You rape the child, we get to judge you for the rest of your.
Speaker 1: Life and treat you like the absolute piece of stun that you are. Period.
Speaker 4: Is this just because he's Dutch? Because I find them pretty annoying.
Speaker 1: I love the Duchies. Yeah, no, I've always gotten like a house on fire with the Dutch.
Speaker 3: All right, shall we go to the United States?
Speaker 4: Wait a minute. No, No, we haven't answer my original question. Were they actually beaches in Holland.
Speaker 5: They got to do with anything?
Speaker 4: I thought they just had like insane clogs.
Speaker 7: Does it really matter they just practice insane.
Speaker 3: It just goes to show how good he really is.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm to signing you know anyone about Joe?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the US.
Speaker 2: Remember back in twenty twenty where Hunter Biden's laptop was causing all sorts of controversy, and then just in time for the second and final presidential debate, Joe Biden was handed a letter whereupon fifty one former US spies signed that letter saying that the laptop and the contents connecting Joe Biden with his son's business dealings, well, it was all misinformation, disinformation, It wasn't to be trusted, and effectively that nullified the laptop issue and helped Joe Biden win the election. Have a look at this clip back from the time where numerous outlets were repeating this line from former spies.
Speaker 7: It's a story raising concerns about whether it's real or just designed to so confers usion. In the final weeks of the election.
Speaker 3: Experts say it has all the hallmarks of information laundering.
Speaker 1: This looks like your classic disinformation campaign.
Speaker 8: I think there are a lot of issues related to this New York Post story that im portally referenced the Hunter Biden emails, and as I and several of any former colleagues had pointed out publicly that it does bear the hallmarks of Russian disinformation.
Speaker 4: And there it is in the Oval Office.
Speaker 8: Another wonderful propaganda coup for Vladimir Putin, seeing the President of United States holding up a newspaper promoting Kremlin propaganda.
Speaker 2: Well, the White House Intelligency Intelligence Committee report has found not all of those fifty one former spies were in fact format spies. The former CIA Acting Director Director Michael Moral Moral he was in fact on a contract with the CIA at the time that he signed that letter, as was the ex Agency Inspector General David Buckley, plus Lee another two of the supposed former spies who signed it. So all these people who are skeptical about the deep state, Liz, this proves there was in fact a deep state operating where serving spies were becoming highly politicized.
Speaker 1: This isn't even deep state, like anyone who knows anything about CIO operations This is just perfect. This is another day at the CIA. Anyone who's read a book wrote Tom O'Neil called chaos. I seriously could not put that thing down. You become familiar with mk Ultra, you become familiar with chaos. These all these Project Phoenix, all these diabolical CIA operations that were eliciting great evil on their own people and certainly overseas, but gaging in political process. Now the CIA is not allowed to do that.
Speaker 7: That is not what.
Speaker 1: Of course they do it all the time. But whatever, they're not exactly so here they've been caught out lying yet again, I mean moral.
Speaker 7: Flatley denied he.
Speaker 1: Was a contractor when contacted by the Post. If you write that, you would be wrong, he told the Post.
Speaker 9: Later on, he said he couldn't speculate on why he was listed as such as in like a current contractor by the agency, because he said and insisted, it's just flat out wrong.
Speaker 1: And then of course it came out that it was absolutely right. So there he was, bald face lying to the Post twice until the congressional source provided the Post with proof that no, no, he's he was in fact still working for them. So for me, I love these stories because whatever helps people become more and more aware of the fact that these agencies work around the clock, and they do so to.
Speaker 7: Pull the wool over people's eyes.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 7: That's it, period.
Speaker 1: And I promise if anyone reads the book Chaos by Tom O'Neill, you will see the same You'll never look at the world the same way again.
Speaker 4: What this What disturbs me most about this is the incompetence of it. Surely firstly, well, you've got the deep state, right, and the deep state instead of actually secretly running the world, it's outsourcing it, right, So it's outsourcing it to a contractor. If we believe the CIA itself might have been involved whatever, or maybe this guy they are.
Speaker 5: Involved, it's just been proven.
Speaker 4: No, no, he was doing it as a contractor. But was he doing it at the behest of the CIA or was he just happen to be listed as a contract at the same time. Actually, there's at least five of them, maybe and maybe that were okay. But if you're the CIA and you're trying to do this, why would you do it with assets that have a paper trail connecting you, connecting them to Well.
Speaker 1: They didn't the Congressional source pulled all this apart.
Speaker 4: Much like the ture.
Speaker 1: He provided the Post document.
Speaker 4: They provided the Post with the CIA's document that confirmed it. Yes, don't leave the paper trail, guys. I mean, I know, you know, I know political staffers who are too smart to do that. Actually, they literally there was one I knew. I won't say it was used to every every single day before they logged off their computer, they checked the scent items in their email box and if it was empty, then they were happy. They never sent an email never ever, because they never left a paper trail. Everything on the phone. Anyway, what I'm saying the New South Wales government knows how to do it. Why aren't these guys, Why doesn't the CIA? It just seems really really sloppy.
Speaker 1: Speaking of sloppy, though, how do you think that we found out about their far worse.
Speaker 5: Projects over the course of history.
Speaker 1: We are now laid there for everyone to read and go never trusting you guys within a single inch of my life. I mean, what the Church Committee uncovered back in the sixties the seventies about MK Ultra, about chaos, about Project Phoenix, the lifts Weear's well was so damning of the CIA. Yeah, intelligence agency, you were killing Americans on American.
Speaker 5: Soil direct quote.
Speaker 1: If you do that, we can't put anything past you, can I mean, what you've been up to is that unforgivable and that evil.
Speaker 4: I'm still getting over the Yes, his small.
Speaker 1: Fry, it was just election interference. It's like, oh, this stuff on Biden's stop connecting Joe Biden to his dodgy dealings with all these countries overseas.
Speaker 7: No, No, that part of the laptop.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, guys, you know, spooks, if you're going to engage in a cover up, do it properly. Do it properly. Don't let a paper trail, you know, don't.
Speaker 5: Leave the paper trail. We want him to be sloppy.
Speaker 4: Joe, Oh my god. I mean the Britsy operation mincemeat and they got away with it. The CIA can't even organizer.
Speaker 2: I mean, the fact that it was so sloppy shows you how confident they are with their connection to the Biden administration and the media, et cetera.
Speaker 5: Their connections.
Speaker 2: They can afford to live a little bit sloppy and it's really not going to come back to bite them. And even this revelation in the news probably won't affect that many people when they vote.
Speaker 1: Well, no, indeed, but see right now, it's level of importance is nothing and nobody cares. It was in order to pip him at the post in the twenty twenty election, and some could say it worked.
Speaker 4: Do you think that the IA is behind the push to stop RFK Junior from running the election in New Jersey?
Speaker 7: Why would they?
Speaker 5: That's probably he's a little bit.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks, just the teamsters know well, it's funny you mentioned.
Speaker 1: That about that, Joe, tell us about it.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you asked RFK Jr. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. I preferred Bobby Kennedy Senior. That's just me has been hit with a law so that seeks to boot him from the ballot, the presidential ballot Jersey. Now RFK pulled out of the Democrat primary for the presidency. I don't know why. I would have thought he was a shoeing to pick it up, you know, like what could possibly go around?
Speaker 5: I know the numbers went with they'd probably.
Speaker 4: Be more electable than Joe Biden. And then he's trying to get on the ballot as an independent candidate. And now there is a law suit and it's called something like the saw loser law. So you basically can't get on the ballot as an independent candidate if you've run and lost as a party endorsed candidate. But of course he didn't run and lost lose. He pulled out because he knew he was going to lose. So does the sore loser thing? You know, it's the should be called the would should have law. So they say no, but you would.
Speaker 7: Have the bullet law.
Speaker 5: I could just see the writing was on the wall.
Speaker 7: I wasn't going to waste my time.
Speaker 1: Here's the court filing by attorney Scott Salmon. He says, frankly had defended Kennedy believes he was likely to have successfully won the nomination of the Democratic Party in the primary, he would not have withdrawn from the election months beforehand.
Speaker 7: How do I know that? Yeah, that's why he withdrew.
Speaker 1: Why would you bother running if you knew you had no chance of getting up?
Speaker 4: Now you're playing in their hands. What now you're playing into their hands because they're saying then that the saw loser clause kicks in and so that can boot him off.
Speaker 1: As you said he never actually ran, he sniffed the wind, knew he'd lose, and so pulled out before it came to it.
Speaker 4: But I think the attorney's case is that if he pulled out because he knew he was going to lose, then the sore loser laws can apply. This is like a tongue to is it? Now the loser laws apply, and therefore they can strike him from the ballot. Whereas if he just happens to be presenting himself as a candidate, you know, fresh from the driven snow and oh yes, I've flirted with the Democrats, but I decided not to so I want to run as an independent, then the saw loser law wouldn't necessarily apply.
Speaker 2: So the more interesting question is what's the motivation of this lawsuit. Is it simply to uphold the loser law because it's such an important principle, or are they trying to make sure that Joe Biden doesn't have someone leaking votes from him.
Speaker 1: And which is exactly what RFK is currently doing. Is not taking votes from the Republicans, he is taking votes from the Democrats because of course, long history and his family blew to the bone in that he's got a lot.
Speaker 5: To say, CIA, but.
Speaker 1: He's serving an important purpose. Basically, I would say, obviously he's not going to.
Speaker 7: Get the gong, but that is why they want him off the ballot.
Speaker 1: It's so obvious, like who cares just let him be on the ballot if he's just this independent who doesn't pose a threat to you in New Jersey. No, we're seeing, much like we've seen against Trump time and time again. Now someone is weaponizing it's law fair judicial system over there to try and get him off the ballot, which you just wouldn't do that if he wasn't a threat, would you know?
Speaker 3: So you're saying January sixth wasn't the real insurrection.
Speaker 1: You guys just love us really crazy questions of me.
Speaker 4: Through the looking glass here.
Speaker 1: People, I just like to point out that I'm so proud of you too. Tonight. You both mentioned deep state, not me. I don't think I've ever talked about deep state.
Speaker 7: These guys been dropping it like bombs.
Speaker 3: We're totally there what we're talking about. The United States.
Speaker 2: Let's go to our favorite TV show, The View on the ABC, which you may or may not have heard of, but you would know of. One of their key figures will be Goldberg. You know what the left always talking about how Donald Trump is borish and he's a brute, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Have a listen to this exchange and what will be Goldberg.
Speaker 7: I don't think we have to. I think it would be.
Speaker 10: Remiss of us to not say, Joe Biden knows how to do this. Yes, he knows how to do this. He's he's quite good at this. And you know, you can't refute anything with him because he just when I say him, I mean Trump, he tends to just.
Speaker 5: Can I mention one thing?
Speaker 4: At least get a bowl? Like she got a spittoon down there?
Speaker 5: Roads do you have it?
Speaker 1: And everyone laughing and actually clapping? How deranged are your viewers?
Speaker 2: Could you imagine if someone on Fox did that after having said the name Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: I like the outrage, but I think it's very telling that there are five people sitting on the panel. But the show is called The View, not the Views, just the View. It's interesting, will be I think you know, you've got to cut some slack hair, because while obviously she did slightly transgress in that incident, she has made invaluable contributions to race relations, anti Semitism, and of course world history more generally. With this little remark a couple of years ago, then.
Speaker 10: Let's be truthful about it, because the Holocaust isn't about race. No, it's not about it's about a different race, but it's it's not about race. It's not about because it's about man's inhumanity to man.
Speaker 7: That's what it's about.
Speaker 5: But it's about white supremacy.
Speaker 10: But it's not about but these are white groups of people.
Speaker 5: On the view.
Speaker 1: That was like, in a minute, what this is?
Speaker 4: But the first one, like all of it, we could just play it again because the amazing is when she says, because the truth, lets me truthful here, Let's be truthful here, the Holocaust wasn't about race. And then one of the other people off coming goes no, And then what the hell did I just say? I want to know where's her apology to realize that there's a little what what? But like, not only is that just direct angel, just the most absurd thing to say, but the Holocaust was so incredibly specifically about race, Like she clearly just has no idea what happened. She has no idea about that.
Speaker 7: I don't know how she kept a job.
Speaker 4: Because even so, there's obviously for centuries and centuries Jews have been persecuted by all sorts of societies and countries and kingdoms, and and and they extradited, deported, treated appallingly, killed, blood, you know, blood libel, that terrible conspiracy theory before the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, which the Nazis relied on and the Russians also quite enjoyed. But in all the centuries previously, right, the Jews would be round up, they'd be deported, though he treated absolutely appallingly, but they could convert to Christianity and save their skin. Right, So obviously most of them didn't do that because they believe in Jahweh. But I'm not going to say his name unless I'm in the Holy of Holies. But whatever the point being, with Hitler and the Nazis, there was nothing you could do. You couldn't convert. Hitler believed purely that Judahism, being Jewish was a blood disease, that it was in your blood and you couldn't get rid of it. So you could swear on a stack of Bibles that you were card carrying Christian Church going member of the Nazi Party, and it would do absolutely nothing. It was purely to do with race. He saw the Jews purely as a race, not as a religion, purely as a race. And so and that's why that's why he exterminated them all person He wanted to just get them all out of Gremany. They thought, you know what, not, we'll just kill them all. And so for someone to say that, it's like.
Speaker 7: It wasn't about raceless.
Speaker 4: It just blows my mind that someone can live so many years on this planet and that TV show and just still like about the Nazis, Like, how could you get something wrong about the Nazi? Oh no, it was just that it was just man's in humanity to man.
Speaker 5: It's like, lady, not all ladies.
Speaker 4: I had a very clear hierarchy, not a historian.
Speaker 7: Before we go to a break tonight, a school.
Speaker 1: Year of West Primary school to be ah, to be specific, Heartler has sung a bastardized version of our anthem. This is what they're trying to convince kids. Our anthem is nowadays. I can't let you go without you Hearing the dulcet tones of Judith Durham singing her version of our anthem are the bones.
Speaker 5: To the respectation and no honory?
Speaker 1: But that stra.
Speaker 5: What is this perversion?
Speaker 7: I'm not honoring the dreaming.
Speaker 1: It means absolutely nothing to me. What is this? She's basically written DEI into our national anthem as well? Can you imagine getting little kids to do this? You should be a jailable events, so the law of.
Speaker 4: Got you're a musician, Judith, if you're going to change anything about the Australian national anthems.
Speaker 3: On that note, we're going to go to a break stick around.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we look at what's making news in tomorrow's papies.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Well, let's have a look at what tomorrow's papers are going. With most of them, as you can imagine, lead with the story of Julian asan driving back Ralia. We'll have a look at the Canbra Times, which goes with the headline or deal ends in Canberra Assans Lands Home.
Speaker 4: Oh that's just.
Speaker 5: No ordeal.
Speaker 4: Why till you see Cabra. Please just take me back to Belmarsh.
Speaker 2: Most people's ordeals begin in Canbra Assan's Lands Home free after fourteen years, Julian Assandra's return to Australia, the article says, marks the combination of a dramatic shift in Australia's position on the controversial Wiki leaks founder. The article goes on really to talk about Anthony Albanesi's involvement in getting Assange home to Australia.
Speaker 4: Waiting for it now, Liz, so imagine now that the pad your.
Speaker 1: Hero that's gotten a side eye from me, A good one, but not enough.
Speaker 5: For a vote.
Speaker 3: We'll have a look.
Speaker 2: He didn't waste any time posting a photograph of himself on the phone to Julian Assange.
Speaker 5: Is he could be on the phone to anyone, Well.
Speaker 2: It was probably a stage photo. But Albanez he told the world that Assange had referred to he and his team as the quote diplomatic a team and that had been his calm, methodical, patient diplomacy, which will be the first time that this government has done anything with a degree of talk about themselves.
Speaker 1: Like this.
Speaker 4: Got Julian Assange, but.
Speaker 3: It got better.
Speaker 2: And then he said, I'm a politician who gets things done. This would be about the first thing he's gotten done in two years.
Speaker 3: On it's so Julian, Julia.
Speaker 1: He can't help with cost of living. He can't give you the two hundred and seventy five bucks off your power bills, and he promised he's every single target that they've set for their green dream is failing, and every energy company is like help, no, this is not possible.
Speaker 5: I can go on.
Speaker 4: But that's why he released Julie because we all know that Julianasane is the messiah and he can fix everything. So we're just getting you know, you're a convert job absolutely, Julian Massange. I mean, you know, people, the word hero gets banded around too much these days, but I think not Cape superhero, well some of them where there's weird.
Speaker 3: He entered into a plea deal.
Speaker 2: I had a freedom just to get home, but have a listened to one of his legal teams, as Jennifer Robinson, she certainly didn't sound very circumspect regarding what's happened.
Speaker 11: This is journalism, this is the criminalization of journalism. And while the plea deal does not set a judicial precedent, it's not a court decision, the prosecution itself sets a precedent that can be used against the rest of the media.
Speaker 2: So Sane may have done a plea deal and pleaded guilty, but certainly defiant.
Speaker 3: He didn't speak tonight.
Speaker 1: Well, he only pleaded because he has some serious heart problems. Now, I mean, you don't get to spend fourteen years locked up and then be tip top in your health. And also the reports of his declining mental health over men.
Speaker 2: So he didn't mean he's pleads at all.
Speaker 4: But you can't plead guilty and then how and I had my fingers crossed. I don't really mean it like surely you and.
Speaker 5: He's not saying that.
Speaker 3: I that's just as soon.
Speaker 7: Not even want one charge of espionage.
Speaker 5: Please look if you.
Speaker 4: Want to be a martyr or not. If you're going to be a martyr, out.
Speaker 1: Of fourteen years of martyrdom, I think is enough. Five years and the high security marsh prison being treated like an absolute.
Speaker 3: Seven years, and.
Speaker 4: With the cat and stuff, and the stuff he did with the cat.
Speaker 1: You would not have him have a cat.
Speaker 4: Well, he was doing weird like it was. That's enough. I'm just saying I should have seen apparently the smell was just anyway, speaking of something that's a bit on the nose. Herald suns run with taxed to death. The cost and this is this is never a good look for a government. I'm just gonna you know, a bit of free pr advice. The cost of dying is set to skyrocket in Victoria, with the Alan government considering introducing what has been panned as a quote death tax by stealth. This story is like a bad penny, it keeps coming back. The Labour's got some secret plan to introduce death taxes.
Speaker 5: Don't do it.
Speaker 4: It's a really bad idea, not a vote. Grieving people don't like being they've got a tax bill when they've just lost a loved one. I don't know people are funny like that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is utterly disgusting that people can work their guts out hopefully everyone hopes to leave something to the kids or the grandkids, or if they didn't have kids, a niece or nephew, who knows.
Speaker 5: And then the government comes.
Speaker 1: Along and be like, oh, we see that you're dead now, and we know that your entire life, we've taxed it. When you've received money, we've taxed you. When you've spent.
Speaker 7: Money, we've taxed you.
Speaker 1: If you invest it, then you get taxed as well.
Speaker 5: You're also taxed.
Speaker 1: If you just hold on to it, you get a car because you need to get to work.
Speaker 7: We tax that as well. I mean, there is.
Speaker 1: No end to this, and now you die and they want a piece of your pie.
Speaker 7: It is utterly vile.
Speaker 1: How did we get to fighting a revolutionary war over a two percent tax to allowing these flogs to beat us this badly?
Speaker 7: While we're on the handstet side, just very quickly five to.
Speaker 4: The right of tax the American colonists were paying was nothing caned to the rate of tax that Britain's in Britain, in Britain were paying the American Revolutionary War, you guys were.
Speaker 1: And neither was a tiny bit of what we're paying.
Speaker 4: Now colonial subjects.
Speaker 2: The craziest part of this story is you've got this headline on the front page of the Herald's son, tax to death.
Speaker 3: You were absolutely right.
Speaker 2: This is the last thing the government wants to see on the front page.
Speaker 3: And all of that to raise thirty three million dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's amazing. I think maybe I've got another good picture. If you want to sell this guy, you could say that it's actually an efficiency drive, because we all know the only two things that are certain in life are death and taxes. And now they've combined the two ah Tho's government can't be official.
Speaker 1: Were you the brains behind this joke? To the front page of the Northern Territory News. Now, bomb squad detonates World War II relic hidden below car park last from the past. A construction crew narrowly avoided becoming the latest World War II fatalities eight decades after the war, after pulling up a fifty kilo bomb with an excavator and prompting a mass x evacuation. I was about to say excavation evacuation at the Darwin Waterfront.
Speaker 7: The bomb, which lay.
Speaker 1: Dormant under a busy car park for years, has now been detonated.
Speaker 7: I bet I like that.
Speaker 4: I bet the car park. I bet the bowels of the builders who dug it up had a mass evacuation, but they realized they're going to bomb.
Speaker 2: Well, imagine if you'd been parking in that car park above it for you know, I don't know the last month, in the last twelve months, I've been like.
Speaker 4: Well, you can do this. It's amazing, but you can do this underground tour of all the little sort of mines and tunnels and pipes and stuff that were underneath the defenses of Darwin in World War Two. It's wow, incredible. I wasn't aware that there was a live bomb waiting to be exploded at the time that I did it.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the front page of the Tasmanian Mercury newspaper. Now the front page has got a story about the new AFL stadium, which there's not much to say about that.
Speaker 3: But what caught our is the presence of.
Speaker 2: What appears to be Chris Kenny there with the AFL CEO. Now we know Chris Kenny loves his AFL, but what's he doing in test?
Speaker 1: I had no idea with AFL boss Andrew Dillon, who says hitting timelines are critical in the seven hundred and fifteen million mcquarie Points stadium building.
Speaker 5: Hobart, Chris, do you have a vested interest?
Speaker 2: It's a cuny Brian willshoot modern point.
Speaker 3: Christ General manager Kenny has.
Speaker 4: Really let himself gore. Thank you very much. The fine, fine, fine piece of reportage in the Newcastle Herald. Min's backs MP what aheadline? Well, I hope so, Premier, but not just any MP a criminal. He's not a criminal, Premier Christmin says Tim Krackenthorpe has his support to standing in the next election, despite the corruption watchdog finding the Newcastle MP breached the public's trust by knowingly failing to declare conflict of interest relating to family properties in the system in the city. Oh my god, a politician breached public trust.
Speaker 7: So why is he backing him? I mean you know that, I want to say, for as look at.
Speaker 4: Those check lines. Look at those checkbnes. Liz, tell me you don't love him.
Speaker 5: Look at it.
Speaker 3: We're going to end up there.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break when we come back. A politician betting that he will lose the election though he's trying to win it.
Speaker 4: That's come out in month, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Well, this is if you were going to Hobart and wanted to look at, say a Picasso, where might you go to find a Picasso?
Speaker 1: These the ladies toilets in the Mona Museum in Tasmania. You may recall this is the same museum. This is the same art gallery that was effectively, well successfully i should say, sued by Jason Law because they had a lady's only part of the gallery and he was a man and he wanted to see what was inside, and so he sued them on the basis of discrimination. He won. They're now appealing that decision. But in the meantime, the lady at the center of the kafuffle, who is in fact the wife of the owner of said museum, decided to hang the pacasos up.
Speaker 7: In the ladies' toilets.
Speaker 5: So there you go.
Speaker 1: She got her way anyway, So funny.
Speaker 4: She's there trolling.
Speaker 1: Totally love it.
Speaker 4: And the interesting thing is that by putting the stuff in the ladies's ache and getting someone to complain, that was actually part of the installation, so that actually, yes, so the art, if you like or whatever, the point of it was to make no discriminated against it. So I don't like got that silly boat stuff, but this is actually really clever, crazy stuff. But I did remind me of one question I desperately wanted to ask you this. Should Chelsea Manning be allowed to use the female toilet?
Speaker 7: No, of course not.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's very consistent.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what Mona have done is they've got themselves free publicity for the better years through this thing, and guaranteed a massive lineup for the women's.
Speaker 3: Toilets before we go.
Speaker 2: The UK election is upon us, but candidates are dropping out all over the place because of gambling allegations. Rishie Sunak has had to stand down two of his candidates who apparently were betting on the timing of the election, and now Labor have had to sack a candidate, Kevin Craig, who has been found to.
Speaker 3: Be betting against himself.
Speaker 2: He made a statement saying, throughout my life, I've enjoyed the odd bet for fun, whether on politics or horses. A few weeks ago, when I thought I'd never win this seat anyway, I put a bet on the Tories to win here with the intention here we go of giving local charities he was doing Kevin Craig do so here he is running for public but betting on the side that he will lose the election.
Speaker 4: Imagine if it actually won. Just how Morosi be in his victory spens. Yeah, I'd like to thank all the volunteers.
Speaker 2: We don't know how much money in both in the case, wi, I just love it so much anyway. Well, I mean, if he won, he was excited. If he lost, he got a consolation prize.
Speaker 3: That's it from us. Stick around coming up in just a moment is the reader. Pennehy show