Speaker 1: Get in the morning every day.
Speaker 2: Lad, your father, he's on the money. Listen, Jody six nothing not. Sometimes you just go, do you know what? To hell with it? I'm going to be just a little bit of extra blues. Yeah, because can't do it after seven o'clock, So this is the space to do it. Get it out of your system, Joe.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to argue with you. Nick meat what you got.
Speaker 2: Sometimes these stories just float across my desk, or do I find them. Sometimes we meet in the middle. Here's one for you. A Dutch Man was hospitalized after inserting fifteen I said, fifteen hard boiled eggs into his erectum while under the influence of drugs. Let's see what what have I always said about the Dutch?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, to all the Dutch people out there, stop using your rectum as a storage facility. It's not supposed to be used for that. The man experienced of the abdominal pain, leading to emergency surgery to remove the egg, which had caused intestinal tears. Doctors successfully treated him and despite the very unusual situation, the patient recovered without further complications. Suit of an extreme activity. If you know what I mean extreme.
Speaker 1: I know I got it. I thought, oh, I mean, if you could, to be fair, I'm just trying to think this about this in a t sense because I've brought an egg dispenser from there. Once it sort of shoots it out at the bottom of so I mean, the concept itself isn't bad. It could be fairly decent egg dispenser if you can keep the egg intact.
Speaker 2: Don't you think that's the big issue though hard boiled eggs probably is the normal eggs to keep intact. But when you got fifteen there as well, that's more than a doesn't Yeah, great effort. I'm not sure what maximum capacity is up there. I would have thought for me personally, i'd be sort of pushing six. I reckon, let alone a full dozen. But once again, we've always said that about the Dutch, very good at storing multiple eggs in their rectums.
Speaker 1: I never thought I'd see the day when I'd come into work and have a discussion about how many hard bold x you get up.
Speaker 2: The broader question as well, Jones is third and twenty four ten. What have you? What have you accidentally stored in your recon It happens all the time, Whether it's a passion piece. Or you've just got no storage space at home, so tome on these days space can be very, very scarce. You got any ideas third angey fourteen which you've stored up there, or send us a text four double O nine.
Speaker 1: No we're not.
Speaker 2: We'll go first an ACRA.
Speaker 1: For the uninitiated. That's the award Crazy World last weekend for being the best newcomer.
Speaker 2: It's up there. There's not much there's not much other space in there, but that's a passion pace by the way you put it there. That was nice weekend. Jones. Yeah, we had my brother in law's birthday party on Saturdays, like a birthday lunch. But it was really good. Actually, get a little bit loose on my end. A couple of these turned a couple of Rose's, and all of a sudden there were water bombs involved as well. The kids got competitive.
Speaker 1: I wasn't in a restaurant.
Speaker 2: I wasn't a restaurant. Was at my mother in law's place. But a couple of the Hayes kids started crying, which has been and then Dad took personally, and then it was just a mixture, just a mixture of all sorts of different emotions on the way up though. Just before we went up there, actually I had to take Lottie to the supermarket to get some things and we had a very very interesting conversation and she was speaking to me about how I work a lot, that she wished I didn't work as much, which was really nice to make you a little bit sad. But then also she said, well when Sonny and Henry, my two sons six and four, when they turn into adults, they can go work with you.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: Nice, or here, that's really nice. Who knows up to them? And then I said, Lottie, what about you? Are you going to work? And she said, what are you talking about? I'm a girl. Girls don't work? Oh my okay, right, so then we had to have this beautiful little conversation with them. Well, actually, lotty girls very much do work, yes, And guess what, when you're old enough and established in school, yeah, mum's going to be working here as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: So then we started. I just love the innocence of youngsters, in particular toddlers talking about things.
Speaker 1: Well, to be fair, that's all she's known. She's had a stay at home mum, her whole little life for four years. So that's understandable. But I'm going to need a good twenty twenty five minutes in a room with you, a little Lotti, just to explain a few things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take her through your work schedule, yes, exactly what it's like. Yeah, and then I like speaking to her. I said, look, you will have to work. Yep, that's what's going to happen. And you need to work out what sort of job that you'd try and like to.
Speaker 1: Do, did you?
Speaker 2: And then just the four year old's view of the world of her job she said, I said, what do you like? What are your passions? What are your passions? Lotty? She said, well, I really like barbies and I really like watching soccer. Oh so maybe I could watch soccer with my barbies. Yes, so that's going to be Lott's job, that keeping tabs on the local soccer match with her barbies. And you're getting paid for it.
Speaker 1: What sort of salary range?
Speaker 2: I don't know if the salary range is on seek.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's probably a touch more than what a dad's earning.
Speaker 2: Here, that's true. Actually that's better than that job at SCN going Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, so many perks though free beers on a Friday night and then it went free. You just took the liberties.
Speaker 2: That's okay. I assumed it was part of the package. Sure made it just a little bit more Worthwhile.
Speaker 3: A huge summer of cricket is here on KOs sports to see every full live on board and download sports.
Speaker 2: Today, I cannot wait but tell Australia takes on India and to tell us all about it is the one, the only I'm almost living out a childhood dream here by speaking to the one and only bread Leg.
Speaker 4: Good morning, good morning, warning to you.
Speaker 1: I had a KO disaster yesterday because well, I went to the thirty six is to the basketball to watch them get the job done against the Juck Jumpers. And it was my plan to go home and watch the Diamonds on KO because you can do it on demand whenever you want. And then my co host over here text me and said, oh, just doing a thing on the Diamonds. They were awful, so.
Speaker 4: Oh no spoil it, yes.
Speaker 1: Spoiler spoiler alert, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Being We're spoken about this before. Apart from an ASHES series next year, Australia, the India is just as good as it gets just before we talk about this, mate, can I ask you what was it like playing against India?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was trying to work out yesterday. I think I've been in India. Well, it's been thirty years, one hundred and sixty five, give or take times five passports. Just an incredible place to tour. You know, the conditions are hot, hard, you know, it's nothing really in the week for fast bowlers. But the one thing is that the hospitality over there is amazing. So we ought to make sure they went India coming out to Australia this year that can reciprocate that and give them some love and certainly won't be in love on the cricket field. I can definitely assure you of that. But yeah, it's going to be going to be massive because we get a huge crowd, not only in Adelaide but MCG and obviously my home test d STG. A lot of my mates who are Indian heritage, they all wear green and gold when we're playing someone else. But I'll promise you at in you come out, they've got the blue shirts on.
Speaker 1: Do you like to slip out the back when you're head here to Adelaide Because I think almost everyone does at some point.
Speaker 4: Well, Adelaide to me, I mean I used to live at Adelaide, used to live at at Henley Beach, at the Cricket Academy back in the day or yeah. I always loved I always loved God Adelaide. And you know, I think that when you play the Test matches down there, whether it's the day night Test with the pink ball or just the normal Test matches, Adelaide is such a beautiful place to tour. It's the big event when the Adelaid Test comes on, the whole the whole city gets out and you know, back to the strailing cricket team. But yeah, you're sort of hanging at the back. And I remember in a dress room with warning. Warne would never watch the cricket watching out the back over the course. I can't make you to get in bulb seorie.
Speaker 2: Are the most important thing.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask who was in your year at the Cricket Academy were you were you there with warning? No?
Speaker 4: Jason Allspie, Yeah, I was there with Dizzy. And it's actually funny that Jason Gillespie, he's bowling about one hundred and twenty five k's and then overnight, he slipped the switch and he ended up bowling high one forties early one fifties. So that definitely worked for him under the great guidance of the late great Rod marsh Yeah, who was our coach for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Can I just a quick question? Was that? Was that an instant like technique change or what was that?
Speaker 1: Oh? Hello, this got real.
Speaker 4: Well we can talk about Gatner rotation, higher extensions, quadl in the morning and turning if you want to go to the layman said the easy, easy option.
Speaker 1: That's a good break because I wanted to go back to sleep, so exactly. Now, that's a job.
Speaker 2: That was a joke. That's a job, job, horrible job. Bit of humor, little injection of humor, just to ease you, madge, what he is probably going to be for one working week.
Speaker 1: A little bit of ulmer to start your day.
Speaker 2: All right? Who would like to go first this morning? What about you producers? I want you to kick us off and go first.
Speaker 5: Big weekend. Did you hear about the cheese factory that exploded in France? There was nothing left but debris are Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice cheese fans, Thanks guys, I'm I going next. So I had a really stern conversation with my cat on the weekend. I said, that's it. I'm going to try and do my best to teach you some English. He said me, how.
Speaker 5: That's so.
Speaker 1: A second. It took a whole minute.
Speaker 2: It was twenty.
Speaker 1: There were some fascinating rumors that I heard over the weekend about you, Andrew Hay.
Speaker 2: Oh, my very goodness, very strange.
Speaker 1: I heard that You're Willy got inducted into the Guinness Book of Records. Yes, and then the librarian said, you need to get that out, sir.
Speaker 2: Every single time, start frustrated.
Speaker 1: Started first, my god, he's in Aisle four with his Willy in the book again.
Speaker 2: Each and every day, Joe's since last week, there's more and more information coming to hand in regards to Liam Payne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just a bit of an update. Of course, he passed away when he plunged to his death last week from a hotel room in Bornas Areas, and obviously it was a drug filled and alcohol fuelled day and there is so much going around about what happened. But this was a bit of a bombshell. So apparently Liam Payne's girlfriend Kate Cassidy left two days before he died, and she documented that on social media. It was like a heavy thing. Hey travel back to Florida with me, and then she videoed her whole journey first class and all that. But in the two days after she left, apparently, and this is according to news dot com, Liam was reportedly partying with sex workers before his death and she has now obviously seen that as a huge betrayal, so that she's a bit of a bombshell. And he was in the lobby and someone has come out and said he was having an argument with one of the girls. And he said, I will give you twenty thousand dollars because I'm worth he said fifty five million US, which is about eighty three million in Australian and I like to help people. So there was a bit going on.
Speaker 2: It's going to be so much extra information that's going to emerge.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I feel like someone should have called an ambulance earlier than you know, Like he collapsed in the lobby that day, so I don't know why this hotel didn't get him some medical help.
Speaker 2: Sorry, he collapsed in the lobby and then went up to his room. Yeah, yeah, yeah, correct, That was a big morning sign.
Speaker 1: They're also investigating two of the hotel workers who were hoardedly smuggled in some pretty hard drugs for him as well.
Speaker 2: It going on unbelievable situation. But each and every day there we knew bits that come to life. Oh totally, she's going to be Yeah, it's just a crazy, crazy situation.
Speaker 1: It's a bit bad for his family and his son and who will not get any privacy whatsoever in the wake of all of this. And of course TMZ have had a big rap over the knuckles because someone sent them a photo of his body and they chose to print it, which can you remember I saw it on the day and I said, oh my god, TMZ bosted this photo, which is so completely unethical.
Speaker 2: What will be staggering is how much money they paid for that photo. That would be mind blowing. I thought, absolutely, all right, let's go in a much different direction, shall we go on? What about this? And this could be pointed at someone in particular in the Mitcham Council area. A Mitcham resident is set to return from their holiday to a very very interesting surprise after they missed a memo to move their park card before roadworks commenced on their street, so, according to a lool, these particular locals jetted off before receiving notice that new bitchmen would be laid, resulting in their pergo ending up on its own accidental island get away. Oh, that's just an unfortunate situation. The stationary vehicle left road workers with no choice as they were forced to lay fresh bitchmen around the perimeter of the car.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So it's just got his own little nasty cement space and it's beautiful bitchmen perfectly laid around this pergo. Wow, like it's there on purpose, Like it's its own designated space.
Speaker 1: Hasn't it left its mark that pergo? Yeah, it's like when you're a kid and you see some wet cement and you're like, I'm gonna put my initials in that similar sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna put my car there. Oh, and then you've just got that embarrassing thing. Where and what time do you go get your car? You're like, God, no one can see me getting into this car, and you're like, hey, how are you nice? Work with the car? Thanks for that.
Speaker 1: Check your phone. Check the last message from your partner. If you are indeed in a relationship because at some point we switch from love us to logistics and it just becomes those mundane details that you have to discuss with your partner. It's unavoidable. And then sometimes like I do, I go, oh my god, who are we?
Speaker 2: Where's the passion?
Speaker 1: Where is the passion?
Speaker 2: Where that it dripped off to?
Speaker 1: May I give you an example. This was this morning.
Speaker 2: Because your husband, by the way, is a passionate man. He's just chock a block full of passion it out of his pores.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I couldn't get a word out of him on the weekend because the ice hockey season started again, the NHL and I have discuss I just sat in the couch with him. I was eating my breakfast. I'm just going to go and sit outside like absolute donuts.
Speaker 2: From the man, I've forgot to specify he's passionate about ice.
Speaker 1: Wam yes, correct? So this was this morning. What are you doing? From him? I'm like, I'm working you and he says babysitting. I go your own children, And he said, yes, that's correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah's good. Now that that is a conversation of a couple who were very very well established.
Speaker 1: Man it's not exactly. I can't wait for you to come home.
Speaker 2: No, it's not, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Maybe we could have a bit of mummy daddy times. Nothing like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see you say that like the passion leaves at a certain time the relationship. Do you want to hear mine? Please get the messages? All right? So just strap yourself in because this is just as passionate as it gets. It's just starting a car is sending me a message? Car won't start. I said, oh my god, it's the battery. I've cooked it. She said, I can't get until Monday. I can't even jump to start it from your car because you don't have one. And I said, that's correct. I know I don't have one. So what now? She said, f no's I need to get Lotti to ELC in the morning. Mum will hopefully.
Speaker 6: Help my goodness goodness me seconds later off, Wow.
Speaker 1: Let's let's do this on thirteen twenty four ten, can we this morning? Because we just want to hear. We want to hear. Well, let's do Monday and text monday, shall we? We want to hear your texts that are just so boring that you have your questioning where you're at.
Speaker 2: In your relationship, really good solid indication where exactly you're at? And from craigmore, do you want to kick us off? Good morning to you?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 8: How are we?
Speaker 1: We're great? Thank you? What was the last exchange with your partner?
Speaker 7: So it started this morning?
Speaker 4: We both have shipworks for our ships are all over the place.
Speaker 8: I cent have a message staying wake up, I'm leaving for.
Speaker 2: Work and don't forget to send me a roster blushed out sort of hair and tap before from off our grandma R.
Speaker 8: Yes, so I've got a screenshot obvious yeah.
Speaker 1: Up emoji.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that just send these beautiful shivers through your body?
Speaker 1: Here? When the thumbs up is like, I just I can't even be bothered to put words into a text. Now, that's how bad things are going, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Yeah, as well.
Speaker 1: I pretty much discipline at lift things.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right for today.
Speaker 1: I have to ask you this though, And but did the screenshot of his roster for the next couple of weeks? Did that make you really Toei?
Speaker 2: That's that's yes, yes, that is I'm not sure what I can talk about on radio because moments after that text exchange, things went really really north and south. I think you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Sure, that's exactly thurteen, twenty four ten. Let's do this morning. Monday text. Monday was the last text exchange? And can you pinpoint the moment that the romance died?
Speaker 2: Just a quick one as well, anyone gets on air on the stand by list for all play Light as commination everything happening in Sydney, give us a call on next thirteen and twenty four ten. It is mundane Monday texts. Is that what we're doing? Oh?
Speaker 1: I said it the other way. That's right, Okay, there's no rules, mate.
Speaker 2: I think, oh my gosh. He sounds like we've been doing this for a while.
Speaker 1: Viem, I think you know what our relationship to dead. I wonder what you sent me last. Let's have a look.
Speaker 2: I have a look at that. I'll three into one.
Speaker 1: Word answers your mundane text for a Monday. What was the last exchange you had with your partner? And do you look at it and go, oh my god, what's happened to us?
Speaker 2: It's all about word efficiency. Now you're not trying to impress your partner anymore. You're not trying to arouse him. No, it's just the shortest and most effective form of communication.
Speaker 1: The best description is from I Love Us to logistics. It's somehow along the way it just transitions, doesn't it. Daniel from Port Adelaide, has it transitioned for you?
Speaker 4: Del good morning?
Speaker 3: No, not really. We still work as the cheat. Other are quite quite often.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Several emojis now the last. The last one I sent was a I sent a picture of an insert from a I think it's the Spellbook. It just says you may fascinate a woman by sending her a piece of cheese, and I just sent a cheese.
Speaker 2: There you go. That's better what some people. Some blokes send photos of the tryantal press ladders, which never works.
Speaker 1: By the way, Well, no, I've never I can.
Speaker 2: Honestly tell you that from experience. But even I could identify that that's not a good way to go about it.
Speaker 1: Boy, it's well once known that to work that particular.
Speaker 2: Photo just don't want to get sidetracked, you know, I full double O nine nine or not? Has that ever worked ever? Surely history of exchanging text.
Speaker 1: No, No, I can positively say I've never known a woman to go wow, that's amazing. Thank you.
Speaker 2: So much.
Speaker 1: Amanda from Christy Downs, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, How are you going good?
Speaker 1: Good? What was the last text exchange you had with your partner?
Speaker 7: Well, we had a weekend away and got home late yesterday and I was in the lounge putting some stuff away and I got a text from the toilet with my partner with the cat in her underpants and the dog on her feet. We got the words so lucky.
Speaker 2: It's human. It's also there's comfort mixing with that.
Speaker 7: Because exactly yes, but you know it's comfortable with ourselves after thirty three years.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Also, could you just go tolet just give me two minutes. Really, it is so time for it. Let's go, girls, Yeah, let's go girls. You just sit in the corner and shut your face. Yes, man, producers. So we were talking the other day about breakups can be good, can be bad. You can gain things or you can lose things. I want to know what you've lost.
Speaker 5: I think when we started this conversation, Hazy piped in with dignity.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think I said that.
Speaker 5: Maybe I said about myself.
Speaker 2: You said that. I think I said, don't say dignity.
Speaker 5: And then this morning you followed it up with confidence.
Speaker 2: You looking at you?
Speaker 1: When was the last breakup I went through to produce a flat?
Speaker 2: Didn't know? I just looked down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was awkward for flat. I've been in a relationship for like fifteen years, so you weren't talking about me. So true.
Speaker 5: Well, actually, on the contrary, I've gained something from my latest breakup on a house plant, a really good one, fiddle leaf ones.
Speaker 1: It's the small victories.
Speaker 2: It's I'll take it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the fiddle the fellas, Yes, but mine's like one of the sort of mini versions, so it sits nicely in my room. I definitely abandoned it for like a month after.
Speaker 1: The bay on the planet. You would have really like I had some vindictive feelings.
Speaker 2: Towards that plant. The Plant Services department almost turned up at your door.
Speaker 5: Yeah, big time. Yeah. And funnily enough, when we were talking about this, I realized every plant I have in my room is from an act an ex partner.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you live in a forest.
Speaker 2: I'm got to say I've got plants, and that's a thing. So anywhere who goes to producers always house particularly if you're a new mate. You're like, what's going on with this forest here? What are we doing here? It was just trophies for you've got a spot over there.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you, you got quite teary when you spoke about something that you lost in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Tell everyone, Yeah, a couple of extras ago. Look, I think it was pretty amicable the way that we went our separate ways. But what I lost in a relationship was and I still haven't seen it to this day, nor do I think I'll ever get it back. It was a copy of Anthony Keatis's autobiography Scar Tissue, Yes, which I lent to my ex girlfriend's father, and we never never came back into my hands. That's something I think about most days, most hours, most minutes as well. What thanks for reopening that work.
Speaker 1: That's okay, I'm just going to assume his name is David Dave have still scars.
Speaker 2: I'll get a text from Him's like I'm almost finished.
Speaker 1: Also, it's twenty six ninety nine from Dimmicks. So if you're really not heartbroken, not god about it, you can just grab a coffee.
Speaker 2: This was my original coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, it meant something, was it? Science? I wasn't thirteen twenty four ten. A bit of chick chat this morning. What have you gained in a relationship? But also what have you lost.
Speaker 5: A few of my exes have lost some hoodies as well. Yeah, yeah, I got a little collection, so painting myself in a really positive light this morning.
Speaker 2: On in the forest spot in the drawer. They are to leave you hoodie there you know the drill.
Speaker 1: Fellas, Oh darling, girl, darling, at.
Speaker 5: Least you warm lor and good occident in the room from all the plants.
Speaker 2: Yes, true, great floor, a lot of bugs lots that's like fruit flies as that we're calling her exites now.
Speaker 1: Ten gives a bus anyone who gets on air, we'll go on the stand by list. We give away a daily tickets to go and see Cold Playing in Sydney Flats accommodation, all taken care of.
Speaker 2: What did you lose and or gain in the breakup? Thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 8: I really shot?
Speaker 1: It is so time for it. Let's go girl, Yeah, let's go girls. Let's talk about the timing up to someone and you either gained something really cool or you lost something that you really adored. Let's do it up. Blokes to get involved as well. Oh, we've also established you didn't say so we lost your dignity. That was the boss, so you you officially are not a pig.
Speaker 5: The bak Thick texted saying, whoops, that was me about the dignity thing.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Hazy.
Speaker 2: And there's loose suggestions that you should have just gone along with it, saying something quite outrageous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in my mind, I'm thinking you've said way worse than that.
Speaker 2: I probably thinking that as well. I'm like, this time, for the first time a long time, I didn't say I didn't do it. I'm not the bad guy.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's go to Daniel from Delamy. Good morning, Dannyel, Good morning guys, Good morning. What you've lost something big in a breakout?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I lost the fourteen half foot half cabin boat.
Speaker 1: Fishing boat, fishing boat, a.
Speaker 2: Fishing boat, and I a pool table.
Speaker 4: That I sold.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll tell your pool table seem on. Wait, wait, did he just take the boat just sailed off?
Speaker 7: No, she got the boat and I got the pool table. The boat and I held the pool table.
Speaker 2: I don't know that seems fair a boat for the pool table? Was it a really fancy poll table?
Speaker 7: I don't play pool, but I don't.
Speaker 1: I was going to say that, how much like pool's fun for about half an hour? Maybe, Yeah, fishing is fun for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and teach men to fish feed him for off, all those sorts of things you know, to teach men how to play pool entertained for twenty to forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Impressing your mates at the pub, I think that's the same.
Speaker 5: I think impressing your mates at the pub is the same as being fed for life.
Speaker 2: Really, that's true, actually, because they feed you beers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're a chicken, you can play pool. That's pretty cool, isn't it a pubsetting.
Speaker 5: I'm excellent at pool. After how.
Speaker 1: Someone so she was lacking confidence got it beg from morphot val. What did you lose in the breakoup bag? Well?
Speaker 8: What I lost is really good. Actually, I lost the psycho a poor thing, and I gained I gained a lot of.
Speaker 1: Self awareness.
Speaker 2: That's not wisdom. You gained wisdom. We all learned sometimes through these relationships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we've all lost a psycho at some point. Yeah, everyone else we look back and go dodge a bullet back.
Speaker 5: And if you haven't, you're the psycho.
Speaker 2: What is that how it works.
Speaker 5: I think so. It's the same thing as if you don't have a bad neighbor, you're the bad neighbor.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure about this, Okay, go back to the fishing analogy.
Speaker 2: Catch a fish, feeding for days, all those types of things. Pool's fun for twenty to forty five minutes talking about it.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. There.
Speaker 2: You go a strong message in that, mate, beg thank you so much for calling as well. You're on the standby list to seek Hole Play Live and Sydney Flights Accommodation.
Speaker 1: One of the great shows, task Master Australia continue seven point thirty on Tuesdays on ten and ten play and one of the stars of it is comedian mel Buttle, and she joins us, Now, good morning.
Speaker 4: Mel Hew.
Speaker 8: EO, ca'd you be calling me your son?
Speaker 1: That's cute, It's okay, it's totally fine. Hey, we've been talking about you and our show in the last couple of weeks, especially given it's been school holidays and you have this brilliant character online and Chuck or a follow It's Lynn. Lynn is everybody's mother, is she not?
Speaker 8: I think so. I If she's not your mom, she's your auntie or she's the woman at your local GP.
Speaker 1: For sure, this is Lynn talking about coming home when you've been working all day and your kids have been sitting on the couch. Have a listen. What have you done today?
Speaker 2: Done nothing?
Speaker 1: Why isn't the dish washer e? Did you hang the washing out like I asked? Are you in your bloody pajamas? Still?
Speaker 2: What a grot?
Speaker 8: Have you done anything?
Speaker 5: I asked?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Have you walked?
Speaker 5: Jissy?
Speaker 1: Come with me to the cow.
Speaker 8: There's things I need you to help me carry quick.
Speaker 2: Come on, let's go. Oh my gosh, mel, I straight away get glimpses of my mum like twenty five years ago, saying the same things to me.
Speaker 8: It's traumatic, isn't it. It just something goes off on your brain and it goes No, I'm watching Huby's cocky Adventures. I don't want to get up.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Mel. When you're doing these little online skits, where does the inspiration come from? Is it like? Is it someone or is it just something that someone says that sparks you and you go, oh, there's a skip in that.
Speaker 8: I guess it's it's just like a voice in my head will talk to me. And that voice is lean. It's that voice goes, I, why don't you get up and do something with your day? And I'm like, oh my gosh. Yeah, I think it's kinda based on my mum, but it's sort of I don't know, it's kind of everyone as well. Once I realized everyone has the exact same mother, I was like, oh, maybe I should so much should do something with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And also the fact that she's always in her dressing gown, always in her dressing gown.
Speaker 2: Andrew, yeah, I can go to licens to your mail. For having a voice in your head that you can actually use for something good, yes, not something bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so true. Do you hear a little bit? Oh my god, Linn's talking to me again. What the hell's going on here? Exactly?
Speaker 3: I'm a goot older.
Speaker 8: That voice has just got louder and louder, like it didn't used to be that voice. The voice used to be, Yeah, it's only nine o'clock, and so you can have a couple of drinks and you'll be home by midnight. You can sleep to sixth and go to work. But now the voice is, well, why don't you pop a jumper in the car because you don't know if the weather's going to change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like so many conversations going on in your head, task Masker, do you enjoy doing this show? It's challenging.
Speaker 8: I love I loved it. I love task Master. It was so fun to hang out with all those comedians. It was interesting to try and impress Tom Gleason, which is the ultimate in popular part. Really that's very tricky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is. He's quite a genius, isn't he. He's a comedic genius.
Speaker 7: He's really clever.
Speaker 8: He's also like clever at comedy and clever in real life, which I think is unfair that you get both of those. Yeah, Like, I'm sure he was stunnying science or like pharmacy at UNI before he got into comedy. I'm like, oh I was. I was working as a teacher, like I was barely clinging onto life. But yeah, he's got it all. I mean, he doesn't have hair, and he's a ginger, but you.
Speaker 1: So you know what I love about him the most though now he gives zero bleeps about anything, like to stand up at the logis and tee off on all the celebrities and then copple the clap back and he just doesn't care, does he No?
Speaker 8: And he genuinely doesn't care, like a lot of people are like, yeah, I don't care, but underneath you know they deeply care. But you can look deep into Tom gleason eyes, he genuinely doesn't care. I'm like, how do you get to that point?
Speaker 2: Teach me?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Master, Yes, that's I think that's rare. I think that's just one in a million because most people are affected.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, you're an online community, mel do you get bothered if you read negative comments? Or are you just does it not bother you?
Speaker 8: I don't love it, obviously it's not great, but also if they're funny, I'm kind of like, you know what respect that is?
Speaker 1: That is fair.
Speaker 8: I don't have a very good neck like you to pick that out.
Speaker 1: So ye creative the insults, but also thank you, thank you Internet stranger for the feedback on my neck. I really appreciate that.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, I'm like, well you've been You've actually watched the whole clip and paid quite a lot of attention to to pick that out. So now I respect it, and I think if you're going to come and have a go, you've got to come come strong. Not just the usual like people like who's this is? This passes for comedy, you know, be creative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing. We got that dumb sort of on on radio websites and stuff where people go, oh, no, one listens to radio, and it's like you've just clicked on an article about radio.
Speaker 2: Let's tell you what, Mel, who's this is?
Speaker 4: Just?
Speaker 2: It doesn't ef I get that from my kids.
Speaker 1: Oh, Melbuddal. The show is task Master Australia. It continues seven thirty on Tuesday and the Beautiful ten Network. Thank you so much for having a chat with us.
Speaker 8: My pleasure who wrote.
Speaker 2: He wrote, all right, let's talk about the big fellow eating the cats, Donald go don chat. He's for a nice little publicity stunts in order to make him sure, make himself for more. One of the people like relatable. He's pulled ash shift of Macers. I want to say pulled ash shift. He was there for probably about fifteen to twenty minutes. Yeah, it's still it's something that Kamala Harris hasn't done. Oh okay, so that's that's what he always It always comes back to what she done and what I'm what am I doing? It's going to make you think that I'm more relatable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I have more people at my rallies than she has and all that sort of really immature stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's some audio of Trump working his shift at McDonald's and just this beautiful, flawless, sophisticated interaction with some of the customers. It's pretty good. Okay, let's sell He's a macagay all the way, a good one thing group. Hello, everybody.
Speaker 8: This is not a normal situations.
Speaker 2: In a situation where it feels like he needs to make a comment on absolutely everything that he sees. Just like my four year old daughter when a thought pops into her hair head brother, it comes out of her mouth.
Speaker 1: He's like, this is a Macca guy.
Speaker 2: He's a maca gayca who says meccas gay? This gay radio? Big fella? Is it macau?
Speaker 1: It's never f to deliver Donald, does he?
Speaker 2: And also, that's a beautiful family you have there.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks, thanks Donald for commenting on the level of attractiveness of my kids. Yes, okay.
Speaker 2: And then of course he brought it back to somewhat of a competition space with his opponents.
Speaker 4: Now I have worked at three I've now worked four fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: More than Kamala McDonald's confirmed four times. And now she never worked. She never worked here. That's the difference. That's why you should vote for trot.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's why he should be the leader of the free world.
Speaker 2: And of course what you do once you pull the shift at Macers is that you take some chips on your private jet home. Hello, everybody, I'm having a lot of fun here, everybody. I'm going to definitely have friends for French fags to the plane. I'm having a lot of fun here, everybody.
Speaker 1: Donald, that's the most awkward thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: It's pretty shocking, terrible. That's okay. That swing your vote though, if you're in an America, oh yeah, jeez. If it does, you need to have a good hard look at yourself.
Speaker 1: The day for Trump, this day that we used to be friends. Yeah, because you don't want to be my friend.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately we don't have access to voting. It's a really good thing here in Australia.